Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: All Rise

Message added by Meredith Quill

Community Manager Note

Official notice that the topic of Sean DeMarco is off limits. If you have 1-on-1 thoughts to complete please take it to PM with each other.

If you have questions, contact the forum moderator @PrincessPurrsALot.  Do not discuss this limit to this discussion in here. Doing so will result in a warning. 

• Start Topic

Just now, AuntiePam said:

The Christmas decorations plaintiff was an older man who rented a winter place in California and whose home is in Cape Cod.  Not the typical JJ litigant.  JJ should have let the defendant talk.  JJ interrupted her frequently, trying to pin down dates and whether the decorations were in bags or boxes -- if she had just let the woman explain, it would have been over sooner.  JJ would ask a question, the lady would start to answer, and JJ would interrupt.  Frustrating. 

That's funny.  I had just the opposite sense, that the doctor defendant kept breaking in before JJ could finish the question and would start talking over her.  I was surprised at how tolerant JJ was of that--maybe because the woman was a doctor, although she's usually not that impressed by status once somebody starts acting like an ass.  My reaction was to be glad she isn't my doctor--she didn't seem to know how to listen.

These people are a perfect illustration of the point I was trying to make a few days ago.  All of life's blessings showered down upon them--I know what it costs to live on the Cape, and I can only guess at what the place in Cali costs--and they're still willing to go on national TV and fight over a bag of old tinsel.  Unbelievable.

Just now, teebax said:

I never understand people who say someone refused to move out. Are they flammable? Then you can get them out.

Do you really mean she should've set him on fire, Tee?  Oh, God, I want to be sure to be on your side in any fight!

• Love 7
5 minutes ago, Mondrianyone said:

These people are a perfect illustration of the point I was trying to make a few days ago.  All of life's blessings showered down upon them--I know what it costs to live on the Cape, and I can only guess at what the place in Cali costs--and they're still willing to go on national TV and fight over a bag of old tinsel.  Unbelievable.

Well, not having anything else to do, I went to zillion and checked prices. We're talking money here, over a million for a condo, never mind a house. That may not be much money on the Cape or ocean front property in Corona del Mar, but to this dude on a fixed income in Oklahoma that sounds awful pricey. Make me wonder what he had in that bag of decorations.

5 minutes ago, Mondrianyone said:

Do you really mean she should've set him on fire, Tee?  Oh, God, I want to be sure to be on your side in any fight!

Probably depends on how old the couch he's sleeping on.

• Love 7

Instant hate for the mooching niece (name?) who took $2K from her 81-year old aunt.  She was SO ENTITLED!  She gave zero f*#ks - auntie is living off of SS and still works, but niece was looking for a job and had to buy Xmas gifts and was couch surfing.  Boohoo.

She needs a vicious face slapping.

• Love 11

I made her watch the Patricia Bean episode as part of her Mother's Day gift to me.

Funny, the other night I was at loose ends, and thought, "I know! I'll watch Patricia again!" So I did and was very happy with my decision. I really don't think that will ever get old, even if only for JJ reading the police report and saying, "She's just a slut" while Patricia smiles and nods proudly.   Oh, that just set me off again.

I had just the opposite sense, that the doctor defendant kept breaking in before JJ could finish the question and would start talking over her.

Doctor was annoying and just loved the sound of her own voice. But the nuttiness of the plaintiff overshadowed that.

• Love 1

First episode, first case -- Molly LaBreche a former (?) junkie (with junkie jaw) was being sued by her comical-looking ex-husband Justin for payment of a jail bond. JJ told Molly that she had found a way to use her disability payments to buy drugs (Molly's mother can be seen nodding at this statement), so she needs to find a way to repay her ex. Both litigants trotted out an endless line of excuses for everything and anything....back pain, PTSD, depression, kid with ADHD. I'm the last person who would ever snicker at any of those challenges in life, believe me --- but with these two, I think they're just flimsy, unfounded excuses. JJ tried to call the bail bondsman, but the phone number didn't work. Another excuse was thrown in as a last-ditch effort: one of their kids is in jail, and Justin said he has to pay something like $20 a day while he's in there. JJ didn't award either of these freeloaders with a judgement. Get ready for a low-grade tantrum in the hallterview.

First episode, second case -- Fright Night arrived early. Two very spooky litigants were arguing over a cell phone and a TV. Grant Glavin appeared to be suffering the effects of all the stress -- with shocked white hair and sickly pale skin. Defendant Monna Anderson is truly a Witchay Woman...she has a jutting chin, wart-like jewels on her nose, and manic hair -- all she needs is a pointy hat and a broom to zoom around on. Her chest tat with Walt Disney font didn't manage to soften her look. She had a fit and broke Grant's phone when she saw that he called another girl. In the hallterview, he spoke of his regret for his escapades with another witch...err, I mean girl...and he and Monna both mentioned the possibility of reconciling.

Second episode, first case -- Maria Hernandez sued neighbor Stephanie White for plowing her car into her iron gate. Stephanie, with mean eyes and a fang, denied hitting the gate and told JJ she was insured....JJ realized that was a lie after Stephanie said the car was not registered. Maria said that Stephanie and her stank-faced roommate used "profanity language" with her so she got a protective order against them. And it's not hard to imagine her rough-looking roommate getting into a brawl. JJ gave Maria the money for the gate and dismissed the defendant's counterclaim of a false protective order. I think Stephanie was drunk or Xanaxed out in court, and I'm surprised JJ didn't ask her about medication, as she does.

Second episode, second case -- Nancy Reed, 81, was suing her niece Amanda Gillespie for racked-up credit card bills. Nancy is one of those up-to-date ladies. She's wearing a coordinated animal print outfit, fresh-set hair, and she still works! Good for you, Nancy! Her niece got divorced years ago but didn't attempt to get a job to support herself (her kids live elsewhere). Instead, she moved in with Aunt Nancy and mooched off her Social Security. Nancy had told Amanda that she could take her credit card and spend a max of $300 on Christmas gifts for her kids, and she could repay it later. JJ pointed out that Amanda's $2600 in charges shows that she was dealing with OPM -- Other People's Money (who knew JJ was so close to Naughty by Nature??).  Seems like Amanda has a messy life. In the hallterview, you'll want to give Nancy a hug.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, teebax said:

I never understand people who say someone refused to move out. Are they flammable? Then you can get them out.

How do you just let someone refuse to leave your home? At the least, call the police and have them put his sorry ass out. He wasn't paying rent, right?

In my experience, the police are no help unless there's a restraining order.  I might have mentioned this before -- years ago my daughter and her BF lived in a house I owned, rent-free, while we were waiting to sell it.  They had an argument, she wanted him out, he wouldn't leave.  I went to see a lawyer, who told me that he'd have to be legally evicted -- he had squatter's rights.  The lawyer sent him a letter and he moved, but if he hadn't moved, we would have ended up on JJ.  JJ to Pam: "Why did you let them live there rent-free?  No written agreement?  No lease?  You're an idiot.  Case dismissed.  We're done here."

Police are reluctant to get involved with non-legal evictions.  I suppose they could be sued if they put somebody out, without a court order.

• Love 5

Nah, the ne'er-do-wells aren't going to have the brain cells, let alone the energy, to sue you over kicking them out.  Just put their stuff on the porch and change the locks.  They'll just go mooch off someone else.  The ones we see on JJ are those who expend a lot of energy perpetuating their layabout lifestyles and have it down to an art form.

• Love 1

Girl...I can't.

Here's a list I'm of shit I'm not here for, including but not limited to:

1. Hostile ex-junkie pothead cowboys on disability who talk too loud suing their off-the-wagon ex-wives for JJ and Byrd's money.

2. Said cowboy being on disability because of PTSD from when he was a child and depression.

3. Said cowboy paying bail to a collection agency in another country and not being able to verify that he's actually been making payments on his ex-wife's bail in addition to putting money on the books for his incarcerated son.

4. Said cowboy spinning out in his hallway interview prominently and allowing his snaggled tooth to throw up gang signs. Seriously, his grill looked like it was thisclose to claiming street.

5. Said cowboy using the phrase "rat's...patootie". First of all, there should be a list of words people over the age of 25 never use unless they're quoting someone or talking to children, and I would say "patootie" is in the Top 10. You's a grown ass man. It's bad enough your meth head wife acquits herself better than you and all you do is smoke weed.

6. Lanky males who seem emotionally unstable cheating on their weirdo girlfriends.

7. Weirdo girlfriends who have turquoise hair, nose jewelry, and chest tattoos in Walt Disney font. He probably cheated because she had the first line of a storybook on her titties. IJS. Most people don't want to think about "When You Wish Upon A Star" during sex.

8. Hispanic females who can't be neighborly and hit fences and file restraining orders for no reason.

9. Eighty-one year old women who still work with bad ass kids.

10. Forty-five year old women who are medical assistants but are currently not working...as...a medical assistant.

11. Forty-five year old women who borrow money who have kids and had husbands supporting them up until recently, but now live with friends and spent over $2000 on Christmas presents using the octogenarian's debit card.

12. Forty-five year old women who claim to not have worked, but were housewives. I'm sorry, I mean no offense, but being a "housewife" is not a job. It's a contribution to the household, but it's not the same as you putting yourself together every day and going out to do something to earn money. And it's household-specific, meaning, if the marriage dissolves, time to get off your ass and find a job, preferably before you call it quits with your working spouse.

• Love 12
2 hours ago, teebax said:

How do you just let someone refuse to leave your home? At the least, call the police and have them put his sorry ass out. He wasn't paying rent, right?

It's not that easy.  A case here in the Sacramento area right now -

http://fox40.com/2016/05/05/fair-oaks-homeowners-desperate-to-get-alleged-squatter-out-of-their-house/

Do you really mean she should've set him on fire, Tee?  Oh, God, I want to be sure to be on your side in any fight!

I'm bringing the lighter fluid... it must be a Southern saying because I've been guilty of saying I'd set someone on fire in the past (not for reals, just like I wouldn't pinch their head off either) 

Defendant Monna Anderson is truly a Witchay Woman...she has a jutting chin, wart-like jewels on her nose, and manic hair -- all she needs is a pointy hat and a broom to zoom around on. Her chest tat with Walt Disney font didn't manage to soften her look.

My friend's elderly mother might say "oh what an unlovely creature" when referring to Monna. That floated into my mind when she came on the screen. It just makes me wonder what people are thinking of when they do themselves up like some kind of weirdo anime character.  Who wakes up in the morning and thinks "Oh I think I'll mosey over to the tattoo parlor and let some guy tattoo some random Disney quote on my scrawny chest - surely that will get all the guys to love me. 

I feel like 27bored just did a mike drop up in here. .  ...

• Love 7

Could that 81-year-old retired schoolteacher on Social Security who tutors kids for $2.65 an hour be any more perfect as a plaintiff?  Not to mention that she got her hair done for TV.  Heck, she might get her hair done every week, like my mom did.  You could tell JJ liked her -- not even a lecture about letting the layabout entitled niece use her credit/debit cards.

And that niece!  $300 wasn't enough for Christmas gifts for adult children.  Nope.  They can have nice things too!  I wanted to see what she bought for $2600. 

• Love 10
27 minutes ago, CoolWhipLite said:

Second episode, first case -- Maria Hernandez sued neighbor Stephanie White for plowing her car into her iron gate. Stephanie, with mean eyes and a fang, denied hitting the gate and told JJ she was insured....JJ realized that was a lie after Stephanie said the car was not registered. Maria said that Stephanie and her stank-faced roommate used "profanity language" with her so she got a protective order against them. And it's not hard to imagine her rough-looking roommate getting into a brawl. JJ gave Maria the money for the gate and dismissed the defendant's counterclaim of a false protective order. I think Stephanie was drunk or Xanaxed out in court, and I'm surprised JJ didn't ask her about medication, as she does.

Poor Stephanie, it doesn't help your case when your roommate is over rolling her eyes and making faces while the case is going on. And it really hurt when you say your car is insured right before you admit it is unregistered because it "has issues" and can't be smogged. Anyway, plaintiff is longtime homeowner who started having trouble with renter neighbors pretty much from the time they moved in, with police being called months before defendant hit plaintiff's gate as she moved her unregistered car from one side of the street to the other. JJ decides she hit the gate right away, and we move on to countersuit about false restraining order. This is when defendant's roommate/witness really sabotages her case. Her witness is eager to testify, but to dense to understand as JJ tells her she has no right to move plaintiff's trash cans when they're in front of plaintiff's house on garbage day. By this time JJ has given the case all the times she thinks it deserves, plaintiff wins suit, countersuit dismissed.

NOTE:  JJ is always quick to jump to the conclusion that someone is lying when they say they have insurance on an unregistered car. Nope, not true, according to google. If a vehicle is insured and the registration expires, it's still covered. If there's an accident you might get ticketed for an expired registration, but insurance is still in effect. In this case, Stephanie may have been insured, but she was breaking the law every time she drove to park on the other side of the street - in fact she probably couldn't legally park an unregistered vehicle on the street.

27 minutes ago, CoolWhipLite said:

Second episode, second case -- Nancy Reed, 81, was suing her niece Amanda Gillespie for racked-up credit card bills. Nancy is one of those up-to-date ladies. She's wearing a coordinated animal print outfit, fresh-set hair, and she still works! Good for you, Nancy! Her niece got divorced years ago but didn't attempt to get a job to support herself (her kids live elsewhere). Instead, she moved in with Aunt Nancy and mooched off her Social Security. Nancy had told Amanda that she could take her credit card and spend a max of $300 on Christmas gifts for her kids, and she could repay it later. JJ pointed out that Amanda's $2600 in charges shows that she was dealing with OPM -- Other People's Money (who knew JJ was so close to Naughty by Nature??).  Seems like Amanda has a messy life. In the hallterview, you'll want to give Nancy a hug.

Worth watching just to see Nancy's delight when JJ calls Amanda a mooch and she argues "I'm not a mooch!" Amanda hasn't worked for 6 years, living with 81yo auntie, a retired school teacher, while Auntie gets SS and earns $2.65 as a semi-volunteer tutor. Amanda tells JJ she's a medical assistant who hasn't worked in 6 years and spent most of her 16 years of marriage as stay at home mom. (I'm not sure how long a medical assistant can can themselves a medical assistant before they need to be retrained.) Her ex husband currently has custody of her 13yo daughter while she "lives with friends looking for work." Amanda lived with Nancy for a brief time just before Christmas, and racked up a bunch of cc charges on Aunt's card. Nancy says she gave Amanda permission to buy $300 worth of Christmas presents for her kids. Instead, Amanda went out and charges 2.6ķ. Afterall, she tells JJ she couldn't do Christmas on $300, and there was no agreement she would have to pay back Nancy. Amanda seems to think everything would be fine if her cousin, Nancy's daughter hadn't seen the bills and pitched a fit, leading to Nancy kicked her out (kicking her out, but letting her use her car and take a debit card.)

• Love 3
On 2016-05-10 at 6:42 PM, AngelaHunter said:

Well, Mr. Navarez, ill-tempered slob and sugar daddy to the gold-digging and brain dead Crystal was certainly entertaining. Crystal's witness had to issue very loud instructions to Crystal, who had no idea about, well, much of anything. Then the fun began. Mr. Narvarez' witness, who was "kidses' daddy" to Crystal's witness, got the big hook when he flared up like an angry Bichon Frise and waved his little arms around. AND THEN, Crystal's witness, who is the kidses' mama, likewise got the bum's rush, although it took about five repetitions of "GET OUT!" from JJ for her to get the message. "Oh you want me to leave?" she axes in all innocence. Good with dates she was, but not much else.

I was twitching watching this ep, and surprised that JJ let him mouth off so much. He reeked of abuser and big-man-wannabe. I interpreted his neck ink as saying "punch here please". 

As for Crystal, I'd wager she spent many weeks with black eyes while living with Navarez and wonder if she took a few Xanex so she could handle being in there next to him. That would explain why Kidses Mommy needed to help her with basic stuff.

22 hours ago, LAgator77 said:

Past-her-sell-by-date-Harley-chick made a fool of herself and all potential customers should steer clear. 

And yet, surprisingly, the Defendant said he'll rent from her again in the future!  I almost fell into my box of chocolates!

21 hours ago, Quof said:

The most interesting thing about Ms. Hawkes was her silver glitter eyeshadow, fully encircling her eyes.

I got the sense she'd spent hours Youtubing Katie Perry makeup tutorials.

• Love 5
(edited)

Said cowboy being on disability because of PTSD from when he was a child and depression.

I had to stop. Both of these freakshow contestants made me ill. Oh, poor Mr. LeBreche. Bad childhood, so he he can't work (Yeah, because the rest of us had a "Father Knows Best" upbringing). He CAN get married, bang that ghastly woman of his, have kids and ingest drugs. He just can't work. Or get some freakin' teeth. JJ pays for him to sit around on his ass, mourning his childhood.

The Mrs., hideous jailbird beast whose face appeared to be melting,and who seems to think meth is a prescription drug, is likewise disabled and sat on her fat hump sniffing or snorting,or  smoking and stealing stuff while Byrd footed the bill.

They always know just the right words - PTSD, ADD, Disabled and blah blah.  Nice that their son is following in their muddy footsteps and is himself in the slammer. Better get the taxpayers to fork over some more dough to pay for him too.

Ms. Taca, who claims her mush-mouthed, Dumbo-eared witness is her fiance? I was hoping she might get some money here, if only to buy herself a ring, which Loverboy seems to have neglected to do. Defendant appeared to be piss-drunk, or rockin' some other substance and was a total weirdo. For some reason, Ms. Taca had no problem with him crashing at her place at will.

ETA:

.she has a jutting chin, wart-like jewels on her nose, and manic hair -- all she needs is a pointy hat and a broom to zoom around on. Her chest tat with Walt Disney font didn't manage to soften her look.

Oh shit. I, like basically, really need to see this, but I can't right now.

Edited by AngelaHunter
  • Love 3
21 minutes ago, Cynna said:

I interpreted his neck ink as saying "punch here please". 

ROFL! Every time I see a neck tat from now on I'm going to be giggling and reading it that way.

• Love 5

Defendant Monna Anderson is truly a Witchay Woman...she has a jutting chin, wart-like jewels on her nose, and manic hair -- all she needs is a pointy hat and a broom to zoom around on. Her chest tat with Walt Disney font didn't manage to soften her look.

I did not know Rumer Willis and Jay Leno had a bay-bay together! Mazel tov!

I wonder if the "Once Upon a Time" tat continued below, " ... I had a really great idea to get this horrifying chest tattoo."

32 minutes ago, Giant Misfit said:

I did not know Rumer Willis and Jay Leno had a bay-bay together! Mazel tov!

I wonder if the "Once Upon a Time" tat continued below, " ... I had a really great idea to get this horrifying chest tattoo."

That chin was something else!  I feel bad, ragging on something a person has no control over, but damn. 

The druggie woman with the drug/theft history -- I found myself appreciating that she didn't try to make herself out to be something she's not.  Made me wonder if she's been in a program, where the first step is admitting where you've gone wrong. 

• Love 4
4 hours ago, CoolWhipLite said:

Grant Glavin appeared to be suffering the effects of all the stress -- with shocked white hair and sickly pale skin. Defendant Monna Anderson is truly a Witchay Woman...she has a jutting chin, wart-like jewels on her nose, and manic hair -- all she needs is a pointy hat and a broom to zoom around on.

I think Grant Glavin has been feeling the bern a little too much. As for Monna... Does anyone remember the scary-ass puppet Madame from "Madame's Place?" Egad that chin, I think the camera op was purposely getting terrible angles for us. 

• Love 6

I think Monna was high in court.

I agree. You'd think someone so unfortunate looking would at least try to be a nice person. Holy hell - I've never seen a chin like that. Looked like she had a banana stuck lengthwise in her mouth.

I think the camera op was purposely getting terrible angles for us. 

They do that all the time, bless 'em! I can all but hear them snickering.

I think the gate crasher was high or drunk as well. Either that or she's been ridden too hard and put away wet too often. Her room mate had waves of bitchiness flowing from her. Wow, I wouldn't want to live next door to them.

I also thought the mooch who took her 81-year old aunt's money seemed a little drunk. She was really something. Plaintiff was lovely. How awful to have that shameless mooching slob in her family. Lucky plaintiff's daughter saw what was going on or the old lady would have been cleaned out.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

Said cowboy being on disability because of PTSD from when he was a child and depression.

I had to stop. Both of these freakshow contestants made me ill.

Me, too, Angela! I just bailed. I've started doing this on several cases like this I catch the recaps here and can skip ahead, or if I have to bail in real time, come here to see the outcome. Thanks to those who fall on the swords and provide recaps!  I don't mind watching loons, but sometimes they are just too much.

Jay Leno and Rumer Willis.  HA!  I had thought about Leno.  Poor girl. My daughter dyed part of her hair blue for a while, but it looked fun, and kinda cute, and wasn't enhanced by all the other stuff. Really, really, would like to talk to some of these gals in 20 years and see what they think of those youthful decisions.

• Love 3

My daughter dyed part of her hair blue for a while,

My niece did the same thing when she was about 18. I thought it was very cute, but she's pretty and sweet, no nose piercings or grungy chest tats like ol' Lantern Jaw Monna had.

• Love 2
9 hours ago, 27bored said:

Girl...I can't.

Here's a list I'm of shit I'm not here for, including but not limited to:

1. Hostile ex-junkie pothead cowboys on disability who talk too loud suing their off-the-wagon ex-wives for JJ and Byrd's money.

2. Said cowboy being on disability because of PTSD from when he was a child and depression.

3. Said cowboy paying bail to a collection agency in another country and not being able to verify that he's actually been making payments on his ex-wife's bail in addition to putting money on the books for his incarcerated son.

4. Said cowboy spinning out in his hallway interview prominently and allowing his snaggled tooth to throw up gang signs. Seriously, his grill looked like it was thisclose to claiming street.

5. Said cowboy using the phrase "rat's...patootie". First of all, there should be a list of words people over the age of 25 never use unless they're quoting someone or talking to children, and I would say "patootie" is in the Top 10. You's a grown ass man. It's bad enough your meth head wife acquits herself better than you and all you do is smoke weed.

6. Lanky males who seem emotionally unstable cheating on their weirdo girlfriends.

7. Weirdo girlfriends who have turquoise hair, nose jewelry, and chest tattoos in Walt Disney font. He probably cheated because she had the first line of a storybook on her titties. IJS. Most people don't want to think about "When You Wish Upon A Star" during sex.

8. Hispanic females who can't be neighborly and hit fences and file restraining orders for no reason.

9. Eighty-one year old women who still work with bad ass kids.

10. Forty-five year old women who are medical assistants but are currently not working...as...a medical assistant.

11. Forty-five year old women who borrow money who have kids and had husbands supporting them up until recently, but now live with friends and spent over $2000 on Christmas presents using the octogenarian's debit card.

12. Forty-five year old women who claim to not have worked, but were housewives. I'm sorry, I mean no offense, but being a "housewife" is not a job. It's a contribution to the household, but it's not the same as you putting yourself together every day and going out to do something to earn money. And it's household-specific, meaning, if the marriage dissolves, time to get off your ass and find a job, preferably before you call it quits with your working spouse.

Cowboy dude looked like an extra from Brokeback Mountain. 

Your post is pure POETRY ???

• Love 4
9 hours ago, stewedsquash said:

Okay Coolwhiplite I see you.

Trying to get me to spit and sputter and guffaw while everyone is sleeping because you write stuff like junkie jaw and then mean eyes and a fang.

Well it worked, are you happy now?

I am as remorseful as Grant Glavin in his hallterview. But seriously -- I don't know what I'd do without my daily laughs from our PTV friends on here!!

I'm so glad that JJ has finally decided to roll out some decent cases that are worthy of snark and chuckles. 

• Love 2

I know, I know, we're not supposed to snark on litigants for things beyond their control - like a jaw line.  So I will echo what others have said about Monna's choice of tattoo, and kelly green hair extensions, and piercings.  And add a big "Stand up straight, you twit!"  Pretty sure that hunchback wasn't congenital, so I'm not violating any rules. 

• Love 3

Forgot to say I totally agree with Jade Foxx. That whole post is sheer perfection and makes me want to weep with joy.

• Love 3

Nancy Reed, 81, was suing her niece Amanda Gillespie for racked-up credit card bills

OMG. The air of entitlement was palpable. One wonders why her daughter lives with her dad (actually one does NOT wonder AT.ALL.)

Being a housewife is work (well, yeah, it's work but it's not a job, and I've done stay at home mom, thanks)!

I can't buy Xmas presents for $300! (what, her kids are that much of assholes?)

It was a GIFT!  

She's not a typical 81 year old (WTH did that mean?)

Slappage was indeed called for. Many many slaps. search?q=louise+slaps+boo+boo+gif&espv=2

• Love 4

I have four adult children (2 bio, 2 in-laws). I spend around $125 per kid for Xmas - usually gift cards. Of course I pay for it myself. I wish I could have seen the bills for the Xmas-for-kids case. Ms. Medical Assistant looks like she would have bought herself a few things (but skipped the responsibility aisle at WalMart)

• Love 3

It was a GIFT!

I'm trying to remember the last time someone gave me $300 and I said, "It's not enough!" That would be - never. Nice to play  the big shot, Ms. Santa Claus with "OPM" when you're sponging off friends and ripping off an 81-year old who still WORKS.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, bad things are bad said:

She's not a typical 81 year old (WTH did that mean?)

It means she isn't in a nursing home, needing 24/7 skilled nursing care and addled out of her mind. 

Taking inflation into account, $300 in 2016 is equivalent of about $100 in the late 80s when I was a teen. Ummmm.....I don't think my parents spent more than $50 for my Xmas gifts.

• Love 2
19 hours ago, AuntiePam said:

And that niece!  $300 wasn't enough for Christmas gifts for adult children.  Nope.  They can have nice things too!  I wanted to see what she bought for $2600. 

45 minutes ago, ItsHelloPattiagain said:

I have four adult children (2 bio, 2 in-laws). I spend around $125 per kid for Xmas - usually gift cards. Of course I pay for it myself. I wish I could have seen the bills for the Xmas-for-kids case. Ms. Medical Assistant looks like she would have bought herself a few things (but skipped the responsibility aisle at WalMart)

Every year, our local newspaper does a fund for needy families.  Every day, they pick a family to profile to try to encourage people to donate.  They generally use fake names, so as not to embarrass anyone.  The first year or two, we had a lot of factories close-up shop here, and most of the people were caught up in that.  But after that, I started noticing a lot of people who had been out of work for several years, and single stay-at-home moms who complained the child support they were living off of wasn't enough.  No, their $25/hour factory jobs aren't coming back, and no one here pays that kind of money, but as I know when my dad's factory closed-up, the office of OVR came in (as they do when factories close around here) and there were many opportunities for people to get paid to go to school and learn something else.  Many of his co-workers went on to do something else that they enjoy and get paid well for, and most were over the age of 50 at the time.  He left before the plant was closed, so he was able to start drawing his pension out, enabling him to take a job that didn't pay as well, but he enjoyed.  He's now retired.  Aside from that, I don't find much sympathy for those who won't take some type of job, and decide they can make more if they sit at home on unemployment until it runs out.  Working in a gas station, or fast food, or retail, or some of the other jobs available around here aren't great, but it's something.  And there are ways to make up the shortfall - assistance with utility bills, etc.  And some of the places start to pay well if you work your way up.  My cousin went to work for a fast food chain when he lost his job and is now a manager, and makes almost as much as he did before.  Then the stories began to work on my nerves.  "Little Jimmy would like Mario games for his Nintendo Wii" or "My 3rd daughter wants an iPod".  Meanwhile, I'm making homemade gifts, or shopping at the flea market or Goodwill looking for stuff that I can turn into gift baskets or something else.  A few times, people wrote to the editor, complaining about those exact things, only to be slammed - How dare you??  You have NO RIGHT to complain about what these people are asking for!!  The last Christmas season I still got a newspaper, I had given up on reading them.  People were asking for cash, parents began asking for things for themselves (craft items for when they get bored sitting around the house, etc).  I got disgusted, and began to question if I wanted to ever donate to something like that again. 

At my last job, we did the Salvation Army angels on a tree.  I loved doing it - shopping for the kids, etc.  And they always asked for typical kid stuff (Pokémon cards, earrings, the latest CD - stuff like that).  Then one year, we noticed the angels began asking for expensive things, like Razor Scooters (when they were all the rage) or expensive video game systems.  We told the boss we couldn't afford half the stuff on the list, and the said "Well, I'm sure they're just suggestions.  Do your best."  The Major of the Salvation Army called in and bawled us out for going away from the wishes on the list ("They're not suggestions!  We told the kids to ask for whatever they wanted!).  Then, in the same breath, said that even if a specific kid requests something specific (ie: a certain CD), all of the donated items are put into one area and they set up a "Toy Shop" where the parents come and pick stuff out. So all this time, I'm buying Joey the Dallas Cowboys jammies he wanted, but some other kid was getting them?  Didn't seem right.  We stopped doing that after that.

18 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

I had to stop. Both of these freakshow contestants made me ill. Oh, poor Mr. LeBreche. Bad childhood, so he he can't work (Yeah, because the rest of us had a "Father Knows Best" upbringing). He CAN get married, bang that ghastly woman of his, have kids and ingest drugs. He just can't work. Or get some freakin' teeth. JJ pays for him to sit around on his ass, mourning his childhood.

They always know just the right words - PTSD, ADD, Disabled and blah blah.  Nice that their son is following in their muddy footsteps and is himself in the slammer. Better get the taxpayers to fork over some more dough to pay for him too.

My prior job was a collection agency - medical, taxes, etc.  Sounds as lovely as you'd think.  The most common excuse we'd get for disabled people (because we had to ask the nature of their disability when they asked us to ask our hospitals/tax offices to waive their bills) was "bad back", followed by "reflex sympathetic dystrophy", and then "depression" or similar.  All stuff that's hard to prove/pin down.  The one guy with a bad back was able to run down the alley past work, jump over 2 sets of railroad tracks, and get in his car to go to fire calls, where he'd haul hoses, etc.  We'd see him at least once a week.  My "favorite" was the guy who came in reeking of alcohol.  He lived right next door to our office.  Every day, he'd walk the railroad tracks to the beer distributor and come back with anywhere from 1-3 cases.  People went in and out of his place all day.  He received disability because he was.....an alcoholic.  Couldn't hold a job because of it.  And he had no motivation to get sober, because if he did, they'd take his disability away.  We actually reported him to the fraud line, but nothing apparently ever got done about it because he was still doing that every day when I left that place 3 years later.

• Love 4

Ep. 1, case 1 -- Joseph Kirkland was suing ex-girlfriend Jessica Torres for all sorts of messy stuff. They have three children together (sounds like Joe needs some DNA testing done). Jessica explained her disinterest in marriage (attempting to make us all believe that it's not about her ability to grab more government funds as a single person with kids). Joseph said that she was neglectful of the children, abusive, and she slept around. Joseph took two of the kids and escaped. Jessica, 9 months pregnant at the time, sold off all of Joe's tools and wiped out the bank account. Joe said he gave her $8000 to start a new life elsewhere. Jessica also spoke of $8000 --- she said that she loaned Joe that amount of money. Joe kept bringing up things that are being fought in a custody case right now, so JJ dismissed all of his complaints in a huff. Jessica is likely a squatter (I kind of believe Joseph when he said that), and she claimed that Joe and his dad would sneak around and cut her electricity. Yeah right, Jess. Stop popping out kids, stop squatting, pay the bills, and get your life.

Ep. 1, case 2 -- Joseph Williams, trying for a post-apocalyptic look in court, stole money and belongings from Gregory Barnett (his friend/pretend brother) while Gregory was in jail for 4 months. Gregory had given Joseph his bank card and PIN number, so what did he expect? Joseph said that he eventually tossed Gregory's bank card, and he gave his clothes to Goodwill. Joseph countersuit for apartment damages and a false police report-- forget it. Joseph didn't know what spackle is, so JJ gave him a quick tutorial. "Eh, that's too much work," said Joseph, who surely doesn't want to risk getting his next-generation apparel dirty. And he surely doesn't want to drop his ankh into plaster...bitch, please. I enjoyed the hallterview --- the guys were very conversational with the camera. Whatever you do, don't try to give Joseph a pat on the back. You WILL regret it.

Ep. 2, case 1 -- Oh Lawd!!!  Jonelle Belki is a plastic babydoll collector, ordered a doll (~ $2000) from Doll Artist Cheryle Ziegra, got it and decided she didn't like it, disputed the charge, 2-3 weeks later decided she liked the doll, and stopped the charge dispute (or did she??). Jonelle either never canceled the charge dispute, or if she did, then she opened another charge dispute--either way, Jonelle wanted that money back. Paperwork said that Jonelle got the money back; she said she didn't. Many months later, the District Attorney got involved and ordered Jonelle to return the doll. Jonelle said that Cheryle posted nasty things about her in "the doll community." JJ saw the messages -- they warned other vendors of Jonelle, the scam artist, who uses several aliases. Jonelle, in turn, posted crap about Cheryle and her business. When JJ asked Jonelle about her use of aliases, Jonelle obviously got nervous. Thinking the jig was up, Jonelle said she wanted to leave. She stayed for the rest of the case, though, and continued to stick to her story. After all the drama, JJ dismissed everything. I don't want to imagine what Jonelle's house must look like.

Ep. 2, case 2 -- Damonte Clark was suing ex-gf Allexus Baker. After they had a fight, Allexus took his TV and X-Box to the pawn shop. She claimed, "They were mine too" because they lived together. She negated her own point when she decided to countersue for a laptop...she said it was exclusively hers, though they lived together. He already returned the laptop to her, so I don't know why she was countersuing for it. Her countersuit for harassment was thrown out, as they all are. Damonte got $500 for his TV and X-Box.

Tomorrow, there's a dog case....I don't know if I'm going to watch or not. The plaintiff claims the dog bit her infant daughter (I think?). The preview showed that the dog was in court, and he's a gorgeous dog.....maybe a black Great Dane/Black Lab mix? Sounds like JJ is going to call bullshit on the baby's mother.

• Love 4

Thanks for the recap, CoolWhip.  I thought about it, but words failed me.  Jonelle The Doll Lady was something else.   And you forgot one of the many gems from Gregory vs. Joseph.   Gregory said Joseph sold a bunch of electronics, Joseph claimed he gave them to Goodwill.   JJ pointed out the list included an iPhone 6 and surely he didn't give that away.  "Oh, I sold that," he agreed, without an ounce of remorse.

• Love 4

Joseph Williams, trying for a post-apocalyptic look in court,

Yep -- Mad Max, look out!  Spiked gold epaulets, rings in the face, dangly earrings (some kind of teeth?) -- and the shiny apron at his waist.   Was it Coco Chanel who said that when you accessorize, remove one accessory before leaving the house? 

I half-expected JJ to rule against Gregory.  He had allowed Joseph to use the card for years.  So why did JJ give Gregory his money back?  I get that Gregory was in jail, so presumably none of the items purchased were for Gregory.  But what about the time before?  Gregory never let Joseph buy things for himself?  I can see scam artists deciding to do the same thing.  Give a friend your banking info before you go to jail, he buys stuff, and JJ will give you your money back. 

• Love 4

Damn, I loved Auntie!   Reminded me a lot of my Mom (who just passed at 86 and feisty as hell).  You go girl!  I hope to be as spry at 81 as she....and that's sooner than I care to admit..;-)  Niece was nothing but a lifelong moocher  Medical ass't....uh...I think not so much.  As someone said upstream she would have to recertify on occasion.

• Love 7
(edited)

Ep. 2, case 1 -- Oh Lawd!!!  Jonelle Belki is a plastic babydoll collector, ordered a doll (~ $2000) from Doll Artist Cheryle Ziegra, got it and decided she didn't like it, disputed the charge, 2-3 weeks later decided she liked the doll, and stopped the charge dispute (or did she??).

Wow, I never knew doll collecting was a racket populated by villainous scammers ; -) 

Edited by SRTouch
Changed word
  • Love 5

I just have to say I'm so glad I was never a biker chick. There seems to be something about that activity that results in women turning into hard-bitten hags who look a lot like the Crypt Keeper.

Damonte Clark was suing ex-gf Allexus Baker.

Allexus, thank you for not breaking the JJ credo. You hooked up with... some guy for a year or so (a guy who has to live with his mother) and what's the very first thing you do? Get knocked up, of course, even though you already have one kid with no baby daddy. Nice going.

Doll ladies! EEK. I've seen those dolls before and maybe it's just me, but I find it super creepy seeing grandma-aged women cradling a hunk of silicone that looks like a SIDS baby and acting like it's real. OMG, creepy, creepy and weird. Freaks me out almost as much as life-sized Love Dolls. I'm still creeped out.

• Love 9

I looked at the doll-seller's fb page, and she is VERY talented!  Each hair applied by hand, those dolls DO look real!  I certainly wouldn't want one, though; very creepy.

9 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

I just have to say I'm so glad I was never a biker chick. There seems to be something about that activity that results in women turning into hard-bitten hags who look a lot like the Crypt Keeper.

Allexus, thank you for not breaking the JJ credo. You hooked up with... some guy for a year or so (a guy who has to live with his mother) and what's the very first thing you do? Get knocked up, of course, even though you already have one kid with no baby daddy. Nice going.

Doll ladies! EEK. I've seen those dolls before and maybe it's just me, but I find it super creepy seeing grandma-aged women cradling a hunk of silicone that looks like a SIDS baby and acting like it's real. OMG, creepy, creepy and weird. Freaks me out almost as much as life-sized Love Dolls. I'm still creeped out.

Oh yeah, those "Real Dolls".  I saw an extended commercial for those once; you can make it to order with boob size, pube color, etc.

• Love 6
(edited)

Yikes!....Jonelle.  I have no words at the moment.  Gonna watch that one again.

Yes Auntie Pam...it was Coco who gave that awesome advice.

Less is more.....

Edited by OhioSongbird
  • Love 5

Ad time! So I get that they put emphasis on "Loan Me" because it's the name of the website, but showing it during the courtroom shows with all the defendants who have flexible definitions of "loan" makes it sound more like scare quotes: "Could you 'loan me' $5K? Nudge, wink?"

• Love 3

Oh yeah, those "Real Dolls".  I saw an extended commercial for those once; you can make it to order with boob size, pube color, etc

I've seen them too. I guess they're fine if you're into necrophilia. Sorry, but it's true!

"Could you 'loan me' $5K? Nudge, wink?"

Don't you mean to say, "Could you borrow me $5K?"

• Love 7
Just now, AngelaHunter said:

I've seen them too. I guess they're fine if you're into necrophilia. Sorry, but it's true!

Don't you mean to say, "Could you borrow me $5K?"

Ha! Yeah, that website would do better if it were "borrowme.com"!

• Love 3

Sometimes I get sucked in by odd documentaries. It may have been on Netflix or on the BBC iPlayer --- it was a documentary about people who treat those baby dolls like real human babies. 

Wait --- I found it!  Here it is on YouTube 

And if you want to watch another oddball documentary, My Baby is a Monkey is available on that same YouTube channel. I was entertained by watching the complete weirdos, but I felt so sad for the monkeys and their ruined lives. 

• Love 4