Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: All Rise

Message added by Meredith Quill

Community Manager Note

Official notice that the topic of Sean DeMarco is off limits. If you have 1-on-1 thoughts to complete please take it to PM with each other.

If you have questions, contact the forum moderator @PrincessPurrsALot.  Do not discuss this limit to this discussion in here. Doing so will result in a warning. 

• Start Topic

Yeah, Mr. Pasamente pulled that move that makes all the ladies swoon....he did a pull-up on a bus stop shelter. He said that he did it to make his son laugh and to impress his lady. The cops most likely worried that he was drunk/high with a little child in tow, so they questioned him/looked him up...... they found out that he had priors and locked him up. The "common law wife" claimed she was friends with Mr. P's mother, so they worked in cahoots to hide the arrest from the babymama because Mr. P's mom wanted to spend time with the child (instead of returning him to his custodial parent). Bottom line: the stepdad married into the wrong family.

• Love 6

Back in the day when our local NFL team was actually good, they used to do that live coverage of them landing after a win, blah blah blah. It used to tick me off because it would pre-empt my favorite soap opera. So I feel your pain.

The Kenny G and Meatloaf beat down  duet was disgusting but not nearly as disgusting as Mr. Irby. He's got to be one of the most depraved JJ litigants ever. He grieves for his dead daughter by taking up with a woman young enough to be his daughter (or grand daughter) who writes explicitly what she'll do to him when she gets out of the big house???

Ugh, I needed to wash  in bleach after that case.

• Love 4

Haven't caught yesterday afternoon's eps, but man, I can't wait! Thanks for the valuable insight and "what to watch for"s. 

(Anyone else having trouble with the site? Would not let me join in the convo yesterday or even "like", no matter what browser I tried. Very slow this am.)

Edited by SandyToes
  • Love 2

Haven't caught yesterday afternoon's eps, but man, I can't wait! Thanks for the valuable insight and "what to watch for"s. 

(Anyone else having trouble with the site? Would not let me join in the convo yesterday or even "like", no matter what browser I tried. Very slow this am.)

I was able to "like" last night but the connection was too slow to post anything. The connection is still slow today.

Stupid, stupid "Weather Bulletin" interruptions.   A full 60 minutes of "it's snowing".    Grrr.

Ahh, the snow breaking news updates. During our blizzard a couple weeks ago, one of the stations did 24 hour coverage of snow.

• Love 1

Thanks CoolWhipLite and AuntiePam. All caught up now!

Beethoven and his No Neck Step Dad.

Change "his" to "the" and I think that's a great name for a rock duo.

I felt sorry for him for a minute, and then I realized that he was assuming he'd get sex in exchange for his money.  And I really lost sympathy when he tried to use the Dead Child card.

Honestly, when I looked at Mr. Irby, listened to his high-pitched testimony, saw him waving around a picture of his deceased daughter

and got the hint about the sexual favors that Little Miss Jailbird was offering I couldn't stop my brain from asking, "HE can get it up??"

That boggled my mind more than anything else.

• Love 5

And in true WTH fashion there was a carjacking yesterday near where I live where a woman's car got carjacked at the laundromat with her toddler daughter strapped in the car seat in the back. They did NOT break into JJ once during the show even while the Amber Alert was being issued and helicopters were circling nearby. But JJ kept on rolling. Of course there were no Broncos to distract the news staff lol. 

Edited by ItsHelloPattiagain
  • Love 5

Mr Irby is the second coming of JACK!

JACK! Our most famous Dirty Old Man.

After Mr.Irby I got to thinking we need an official title for his ilk - seen way too often on this show -  and I came up with "Walmart Sugar Daddies." 

• Love 5

Local news breaking in for reports of snow, rain, carjackings, Broncos returning to colorado, etc., are examples of news folks having wayyyytoooonuchhhh time, reporters, and remote vans on hand. It's such a waste of air time. Judge Judy's terse remarks are much more informative and entertaining than any weather that we've seen before---for years. Grrr. Makes me want to read a book! Lol.

• Love 1

Yeah, Mr. Pasamente pulled that move that makes all the ladies swoon....he did a pull-up on a bus stop shelter. He said that he did it to make his son laugh and to impress his lady. The cops most likely worried that he was drunk/high with a little child in tow, so they questioned him/looked him up...... they found out that he had priors and locked him up. The "common law wife" claimed she was friends with Mr. P's mother, so they worked in cahoots to hide the arrest from the babymama because Mr. P's mom wanted to spend time with the child (instead of returning him to his custodial parent). Bottom line: the stepdad married into the wrong family.

Doesn't JJ always say that bail is something the person arrested has to pay back, regardless of circumstances? She's so inconsistent it's hard to keep track, but I've seen other bail cases similar to this one where she required the defendant to pay back the money. If she really believed he didn't want to get out of jail, why didn't she rule in favor of his ridiculous countersuit?

Why did she completely ignore the fact that the defendants had, in fact, made payments toward the bail? I just did not understand this ruling at all.

The sad sack with the deceased daughter who gave his money to an incarcerated prostitute was ridiculous. I feel for his situation, but only a complete moron would believe that the defendant really had feelings for him and was being honest about her intentions. He took her to Walmart? If someone takes me to Walmart on a date it's the last date we'll ever have. Everyone say it with me: You can't buy the affections of another.

• Love 10

Why did she completely ignore the fact that the defendants had, in fact, made payments toward the bail?

Exactly! Many times JJ aND JM have taken a sequence of payments (even incomplete) as proof of a loan.

Edited by DoctorK
  • Love 5

Exactly! Many times JJ aND JM have taken a sequence of payments (even incomplete) as proof of a loan.

Yeah, this is one of those times when I'm left scratching my head wondering why JJ ruled the way she did. Like teebax pointed out, JJ usually rules that people have to pay off their own bail. I think in this case it wasn't actually for bail, but was for a lawyer - but seems to me it's the same thing. The big thing, though, is that once someone starts making payments, it's always been ruled an acknowledgement of a debt. This time JJ didn't even want to see the proof the plaintiff said he had of defendants agreeing to a repayment plan, and then making a couple payments. Only possibility I can come up with is that JJ was out to punish grandma for covering for son instead of insisting grandson be returned to mother when son was arrested.
  • Love 5

I wonder if anyone gives up their pit bulls after watching JJ.  Because seriously, I'm starting to side-eye our 70-pound golden-doodle, who jumps on my husband's lap when she hears thunder.  People say that any dog can snap -- that's a scary thought but it's probably true.  We kept our dog away from the grandbaby during an entire weekend visit.  I'm pretty sure just wanted to lickey-face, but you never know -- it's not worth the risk.

The guy who was bitten -- he was just as loony, even considering taking his kids camping with that dog. 

• Love 4

Ok, so I have this friend. 

She puts boulders along the end of her lawn. 

When I have to park in front of her house I have the choice of leaving my car half way into a narrow street or take off the bottom of my car on the boulders.

I say 'Kathy those boulders are dangerous' 

She says...

'We don't want people driving on our lawn'

Judge Judy said it for me...

'IT'S NOT YOUR LAWN'

I wish I could send my friend the episode today of the guy with the steel rods embedded in the part of the lawn that is not his.

Can you imagine a child impaling themselves on those things? A running dog?

Total vindication. It is so infuriating I won't even go to her house anymore.  

• Love 9

And in true WTH fashion there was a carjacking yesterday near where I live where a woman's car got carjacked at the laundromat with her toddler daughter strapped in the car seat in the back. They did NOT break into JJ once during the show even while the Amber Alert was being issued and helicopters were circling nearby. But JJ kept on rolling. Of course there were no Broncos to distract the new staff lol. 

I got the Amber Alert on my phone....an HOUR after the child was found. I bet the FDLE would have sent the alert out right away if a Bronco was in the car.

I wonder if anyone gives up their pit bulls after watching JJ. 

Actually, I wouldn't want anyone to give up their dog. Hopefully, though, people will realize their dog should be properly supervised. And, giving someone threats to give to a dog that you know is anxious around strangers is criminally STUPID!!!

And, it should be pointed out that when you have a dog which is capable of causing major injury, you need insurance. Plaintiff said something about having $15,000 in medical bills, so defendant is getting off easy (or as easy as he could when losing a family pet)

The guy who was bitten -- he was just as loony, even considering taking his kids camping with that dog.

Number one job of any parent is to protect and provide for your kids. Planning a camping trip with any dog you've been told is not good with strangers is stupid - but when that dog is a big powerful dog that probably outweighs your kids? JUST PLAIN DUMB!!! And, if Dad's story is truthful, his little girl was right there and could have easily been the one scarred for life.

The really sad part is that dog was put down. I'd say defendant is 75% to blame, plaintiff about 20%, and dog 5%. And I'm hesitating assigning any blame to dog, because if either of those two idiots had the sense God gave a turnip there would have been no bite.

• Love 4

New cases:

Another dog bite case, this one different in that the Defendant, not the Plaintiff brought their dog to court. It was a nice French poodle named Shayla. The poodle had 2 big ear puffs, side bangs and some clip thing. Oh....that was the kid not a dog? Carry on.... (oh come on, that hairdo was horrid and you know it)

Second case features a Defendant named Deborah Darling who was NOT a stripper, with that name, but was working an Annie Oakley angle real good. So she says a statement I've never before heard uttered: (paraphrase)

JJ: So where do you live?

AO: I have a place but I stay with my boyfriend in his vehicle

HUH? Who choses to stay in a van if you don't have to? And what guy who lives in a van has $2,500 to loan Annie Oakley? And I don't want to be visualizing that van "A Rockin'' by those 2.

Repeats: SIXTY FOUR year old Mr. Christian and TWENTY TWO year old Tiffany. I literally rewound the tape twice to confirm these facts. Tiffany is a jailbird, cute, chunky and pleasantly blank. Feel free to re-order those facts in any way you so desire.

Yes, that kid's hair was horrible. No excuse. She made me think of that cartoon "Hey Arnold!"

I need someone to calm me down after watching that little shit, that pansy-assed Mr. Sucks (or whatever) who was so frightened of anyone putting tire marks on the city's useless strip of grass that he inserted metal rods in it. He is SO lucky he was being sued for the cost of a damaged bumper and not for someone's kid who was riding a bike, fell and got impaled on those spikes, or someone walking a dog at night and falling on them and either being killed or hospitalized for a few months.

Tire marks. Did the city appoint him the Grass Strip Guardian? Little Sucks got his wee panties all in bunch at the very thought of the precious blades of grass being bent. I don't know why JJ didn't give him a serious spanking for that. Of all the miscreants we saw today - or ever last week -  he was the one who bugged me the most. Ack! 

• Love 10

I was really worried that Judge Judy wouldn't understand what the plaintiff was saying about how your bumper can be over the grass while the tires are on the road.  The defendant was so annoying, and reminded me of a couple of my neighbors who think they own all sorts of land that isn't theirs (some is mine, some is another neighbor's, and the rest is the city's).  I actually had to get a survey to prove to my neighbor that the land she was putting stuff on and screaming at me and throwing water at my husband for putting stuff on was mine, not hers.

• Love 5

He is SO lucky he was being sued for the cost of a damaged bumper and not for someone's kid who was riding a bike, fell and got impaled on those spikes, or someone walking a dog at night and falling on them and either being killed or hospitalized for a few months.

Absolutely, dude should be thanking whoever pulled up his spikes. I'd be willing to bet no matter who owns that grass strip, the city has an easement which controls what can be put there, and he created a safety hazard.
  • Love 5

Why doesn't the Beauty School teach the SSI moocher how to put on a bra?

The baseball bat basher, boyfriend, and plaintiff? Yikes. Classic low-class litigants.

The pitbull-rottweiler owner's dead eyes? Reminds me of MadTV's Michael M.'s scary eyes when he was satirizing JonBenet Ramsay's father. Yikes to the 100th power.

Edited by Tosia
  • Love 3

Oh god, I couldn't wait to get here tonight after all those crazy cases. I don't really have anything to add to all these astute observations and heartwarming snark.

Catching up is going to take awhile.

I just have one request. Can someone fill me in on Mr. Pasamente and his mom... I mean his girlfriend? Got mixed up because g/f looked older than Mom and Mr. P. looked about 13. For some reason I only got the first part of this case.

Right. She knows if a litigants asks her to call someone, that person has been coached.

Mr Pasamente looked like a young Marc Anthony.

• Love 4

Hi, Maharincess, welcome!

Thank you! I've seen you in the Commercials thread.

I have read every single page of this thread, I've lurked here for a long time. I have insomnia really bad so Judge Judy is my late night reading. You all are so funny and I've actually learned a lot from reading all of your comments.

I missed the last few minutes of the dog bite case today, ironically, I missed it because I had to let my dog out.

I read here that the dog had to be put down, was that the defendant's choice or were they forced to do it?

Poor dog, I have a formerly abused Border Collie and I'm a big dog lover. I don't blame the poor dog at all.

• Love 1

I missed the last few minutes of the dog bite case today, ironically, I missed it because I had to let my dog out.

I read here that the dog had to be put down, was that the defendant's choice or were they forced to do it?

Poor dog, I have a formerly abused Border Collie and I'm a big dog lover. I don't blame the poor dog at all.

They didn't tell us if animal control ordered the dog put down or if the defendant's chose to do it. As I said in an earlier post, I blame the two men rather than the dog.
  • Love 1

Doesn't it make watching TeeVee court so much more fun wondering what everyone's take is going to be?

This group would be my fantasy dinner party!

Absolutely. I believe we once planned out an entire weekend somewhere, right down to who would bring the cheeseballs, the Marbo'reds and who would borrow me the money to get there. We would watch JJ, get drunk and in the event of an altercation resulting in property damage I'd put it on my credit card and you all can pay me back when you get your tax returns. All good, clean fun as long as you leave your baseball bats at home.

• Love 6

I was really worried that Judge Judy wouldn't understand what the plaintiff was saying about how your bumper can be over the grass while the tires are on the road.  The defendant was so annoying, and reminded me of a couple of my neighbors who think they own all sorts of land that isn't theirs (some is mine, some is another neighbor's, and the rest is the city's).  I actually had to get a survey to prove to my neighbor that the land she was putting stuff on and screaming at me and throwing water at my husband for putting stuff on was mine, not hers.

I think I have the same model car as the plaintiff, although I could be mistaken. The front of her car looks like mine. Anyway, the bumper does sit pretty low, to the point where I have to be careful when I park in lots and also when exiting my driveway, so it doesn't scrape the curb. I could completely understand what she was describing and was also worried JJ couldn't wrap her head around the concept of the bumper preceding the tires.

At least she didn't tell the plaintiff to go somewhere and have it buffed out for $200, like she often does. JJ has no concept of how much body work costs. Milian on TPC is never surprised by estimates, but JJ often is suspicious of them.

Absolutely. I believe we once planned out an entire weekend somewhere, right down to who would bring the cheeseballs, the Marbo'reds and who would borrow me the money to get there. We would watch JJ, get drunk and in the event of an altercation resulting in property damage I'd put it on my credit card and you all can pay me back when you get your tax returns. All good, clean fun as long as you leave your baseball bats at home.

We were joking about that, but if anyone did want to do a meetup for this group, I'd totally be there. It'd be great to meet you guys in person for a drink or 20.
  • Love 7

Doesn't it make watching TeeVee court so much more fun wondering what everyone's take is going to be?

This group would be my fantasy dinner party!

Welcome Maharincess! I agree - this group would make a fascinating dinner party. My cousin's baby mama will do the catering - she'll need some money up front to pay for the fixings for the taco bar. . . anybody get their tax refund back yet???

And BTW that drinking game needs an update. . . how about when women appear with 1) their boobies out on a platter, 2) a large boobie tattoo or 3) a large boobie tattoo out on a platter that appears to be misspelled or the ultimate shot taker: 4) large boobie tattoo on a platter with the picture of their kid(s). 

Edited by ItsHelloPattiagain
  • Love 7

a large boobie tattoo out on a platter that appears to be misspelled

Is this where the "No Regrats" (or whatever) came from?  I read y'all's posts on this, but don't recall the case, and certainly didn't see it!

• Love 1

And BTW that drinking game needs an update. . . how about when women appear with 1) their boobies out on a platter, 2) a large boobie tattoo or 3) a large boobie tattoo out on a platter that appears to be misspelled or the ultimate shot taker: 4) large boobie tattoo on a platter with the picture of their kid(s).

Having just read that, I had to laugh during this morning's rerun when JJ asked a witness if she had a shawl to cover up her cleavage.

• Love 3

The first case bored me, and I didn't pay attention.

The second case -- Plaintiff Mr. Moreno, with his Lego Man hair, steely eyes, and a mouth that hardly moves, broke the creepy-meter with his interactions with the defendant.  In Lifetime Movie-style, he posted pictures of her all over his house, showed up at her workplace frequently, and called her employer's corporate HQ to complain about her when things didn't go his way. But wait --- we find out that the defendant admits to dating him, letting him pay her bills....and she was having him babysit her kids. The defendant picked the wrong dude to play the "pay my bills game" with.

The other episode's first case --- No joke, the defendant's name was Mr. Bracey, and he was wearing a neck brace. The neck brace was obviously for show. Bracey, 18, was kicked out of his mother's house, so plaintiff Ms. Shock was a complete moron and took him in because her dopey daughter was dating him. After a party that involved beer pong/liquor pong, Bracey took the mother's car for a spin...into a ditch. He couldn't keep his story straight; even Byrd vouched for that. Judge Judy recited some old song lyrics that related to their story, but I don't know why JJ thought these Special Eds would have understood her. They all got  "uhZero," as JJ likes to say.

The second case -- JJ made some amusing faces throughout this case. The case itself (about furniture left behind in an apartment) wasn't too interesting.

Edited to finish an incomplete sentence! (A.D.D. moment)

Edited by CoolWhipLite
  • Love 3

The second case -- JJ made some amusing faces throughout this case. The case itself (about furniture left behind in an apartment) wasn't too interesting.

Jesus, I wanted to slap the plaintiff, the Furniture-Less Ms. Wilhelm just so she would get a little personality.   Her vocal fry made Kourtney Kardashian sound like Meryl Streep.

• Love 3

We have to incorporate a "showcase" portion of the get-together, complete with special guests.  I'm envisioning an emcee on the mic and a special guest roster that includes Patricia Bean, Baby Boy and his dad, Googly Eyes and Orangina from the gallery, the girl who dressed like Queen Esther at Purim...I know there are loads more, but those are off the top of my head. 

• Love 4

Jesus, I wanted to slap the plaintiff, the Furniture-Less Ms. Wilhelm just so she would get a little personality.   Her vocal fry made Kourtney Kardashian sound like Meryl Streep.

What got me was her statement in the hall that he needs to take responsibility for his bills and be a man. I had to rewind it and listen to it twice, since in the courtroom she admitted that he was paying the rent because she was unemployed. There's something about utilities bills, which I never understood. She wants money for furniture she left behind when she moved out. JJ asks if she ever went back to get her "stuff" during the months he lived there after she moved out. She says, no she made arrangements to go with her brother one Saturday, but they couldn't go because he had to go to work. Huh? He lived there 6 months after she left and there was only 1 day her brother could help her?
  • Love 3

What got me was her statement in the hall that he needs to take responsibility for his bills and be a man. I had to rewind it and listen to it twice, since in the courtroom she admitted that he was paying the rent because she was unemployed. There's something about utilities bills, which I never understood. She wants money for furniture she left behind when she moved out. JJ asks if she ever went back to get her "stuff" during the months he lived there after she moved out. She says, no she made arrangements to go with her brother one Saturday, but they couldn't go because he had to go to work. Huh? He lived there 6 months after she left and there was only 1 day her brother could help her?

But I had to laugh when he said, "Be careful who you date."  Uh, you were living together, not dating.

• Love 2

...I know there are loads more, but those are off the top of my head.

Eurydice and her Rat Coat of Many Colours, all the Dirty Old Men, especially !JACK!, Sisters of the Inherited Guns, the Road Kill Rigor Mortis Stew Chefs, Ryan Baker, a.k.a The Dumbest Man in America, and this guy, whose halo bought him not one iota of sympathy.

zYrFEf9.jpg

• Love 7

The second case with the red head plaintiff...I don't even know what her case was about because I was too distracted by her face. Specifically, the alignment of her eyes in relation to to her other features. Her right eye socket was remarkably off center compared to her left side. And she kept cocking her head slightly as if to bring JJ into one line of focus. My friend (who is much more spirited than I) commented that she could've been a model...for Picasso. It was almost as off beat as yesterday's plaintiff with the very pronounced brow ridge and deep set eyes. I'm wondering if both of these poor souls were in horrible accidents that required cranio-facial reconstructive surgery.

• Love 7

I felt very sorry for the woman yesterday; I thought maybe the problem was tiny eyeballs?  I have never seen anything like that before, quite disturbing.  The redhead today (with matching eyebrows!) had that off-kilter eye location.  Maybe she was injured as a child.

I'm wondering if both of these poor souls were in horrible accidents that required cranio-facial reconstructive surgery.

Maybe she was injured as a child.

You two are kinder than I am.....  I call them syndromic, and I sometimes even google a person's features to try to find the correct name of the syndrome. (Sometimes? Who am I kidding? A LOT of the time.)

I haven't figured out Mr. Pasamente's ladyfriend yet. Right now, my diagnosis is that she's the love child of Chewbacca and Teresa Giudice.

• Love 7