Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: All Rise

Message added by Meredith Quill

Community Manager Note

Official notice that the topic of Sean DeMarco is off limits. If you have 1-on-1 thoughts to complete please take it to PM with each other.

If you have questions, contact the forum moderator @PrincessPurrsALot.  Do not discuss this limit to this discussion in here. Doing so will result in a warning. 

• Start Topic

Also, I have no idea why anyone would own a limo company and think that an 18-hour bachelor party booking would be anything other than a bad idea.

No kidding! If cigarettes and beer were the worst things in that limo, the owners are very lucky. Just thinking about what else could have been has me shuddering. Doesn't matter. I still hated the smirking baby plaintiff.

"crop dust" in Publix while their carts are blocking the aisle with one lone can of cat food and a pound of coffee (along with a 24 pack of paper towels cos they were on sale).

Whew! When I saw "paper towels/cat food", I thought I had been spotted, but my cart always has at least 24 cans of cat food, so I'm safe.

• Love 7

Was reading the sports page and saw a name "Cleanthony" and thought of this forum/discussion. Does he have a brother named "Dirtytony"?

Cleanthony is a combo of Cleopatra and Anthony. Obviously Mom was a Shakespearean scholar. I wonder if Cleanthony had siblings named Julimeo, Calpurnius,  and Portonio.

I never said they had the same baby mama though  **blinks***

Sad to say it, but it wouldn't surprise me if they did. :(

Looks like we're getting a bunch of NEW episodes. The preview for today's episode is borrowed money case that involves a truck! and an assault! and a smirking defendant!. Wednesday is Child v. Dog and a Wedding case involving a no-show DJ (Teebax you gotta watch this one!). Thursday has two MVA cases: auto V auto, and motorized scooter V '83 DeLorean (I bet the scooter won the parking lot brawl.)  Friday is Dog v. Child, and Parents v. Son.

• Love 5

I guess they take the initial from the father's first name and use that in front of all the kids' names - even the girls

Thanks. That's the first explanation I've ever heard for these ' names.

I'm glad you guys are amused by men with enuretic flatulence -- pisspoots -- but alas it is no laughing matter. What is a laughing matter is the fact that you guys all seem to type it in all-caps.

• Love 1
I thought the limo guys were toast when they submitted 6 of 7 follicle tests.

The limo guys should have been toast when JJ was ready to rule in their favor. How she believed a word out of their mouths is beyond me. As a notorious hater of drunk people, JJ was well aware (as we know she has all witness statements committed to memory before she enters her "court room") they were partying it up for 18 hours in that limo. The owners were lucky they didn't turn that car into a rolling vomitorium.

PISSPOOTS (all caps because THAT'S THE WAY I ROLL) is second only to my (at least I think it's mine) self-coined phrase, "poo-pee." That's what happens when you have to prep for a colonscopy. Y'all can do that math for yourselves on that.

Edited by Guest

ENURETIC FLATULENCE!in all caps..

That's how I roll (or "eye roll")

My apologies to everyone with said condition.

Looking forward to the limo debacle episode.

Edited by chenoa333
  • Love 2

PISSPOOTS (all caps because THAT'S THE WAY I ROLL) is second only to my (at least I think it's mine) self-coined phrase, "poo-pee." That's what happens when you have to prep for a colonscopy. Y'all can do that math for yourselves on that.

Giant Misfit - there's a Jeff Foxworthy routine on one of their Blue Collar Comedy Tour movies (I think it's Them Idiots Whirled Tour) where he discusses preparing for a colonoscopy - I gaar-ron-teee you will cry with laughter if you listen to it. 

PISSPOOTS in all caps also pays homage to the explosive nature of the situation. 

• Love 4

Today's truck! assault! smirking defendant! case was all kinds of shady.  The damaged car was parked in plaintiff's driveway, but the damage was at the front of the car.  Most people don't back into their driveways.  The plaintiff had a photo of the front of car that supposedly did the damage, but it showed no damage.  So I guess the plaintiff had backed into his driveway and then the defendant backed into his car? 

Defendant said he pled guilty in court to fleeing the scene of an accident, but plaintiff said no, there was no court.  His wife had asked him to drop the charges because wife and defendant were related, or the wife's cousin was having the defendant's baby -- something like that.  Also, defendant's car had no insurance.

JJ must have had some documents supporting plaintiff's case, because she gave him the $5K. 

The first episode, second case today -- those dudes really looked like cartoons. Before the commercial break, I think the camera operator was showing us JJ trying to hide her desire to laugh. The plaintiff had a bulldog face with oddly placed bulges, and the defendant...where do I begin? In true JJ style though, both had neck tats. And the plaintiff's ladywitness reminded me of Sister Patterson from the I Love New York reality show. What the hell was the defendant doing driving???  I think he had a false eye. Plus he had a giant knot on his head; he seemed beyond touched. He flatly told Judge Judy, "I'm scared of you kinda."

The kid on the preview for tomorrow's show seems incredibly annoying and might be looking for a job with central casting.

In the second episode, a little 7-year-old boy ran his bike into a woman's car while riding in the street. This has nothing to do with anything, but I think it's so trite when someone refers to a little boy as "young man" (unless they're scolding him). Little Malachi is closer to babyhood than young manhood.

I guess these are reruns, but I missed them the first time.

• Love 1

but I think it's so trite when someone refers to a little boy as "young man"

Haven't watched today's eps, but that reminds me of a rerun I watched, where mom was suing a church (trying to get a free trip to Disney from her kid's pain and suffering) because her child tripped on a pipe on the church property and hurt himself. The def - a minister I think - kept called the plaintiff's son "the young gentleman" which severely bugged me - bugged JJ too -  because the kid was five years old, little more than a baby. I think they do that to try and make the kid responsible for whatever happened. It doesn't work, and just sounds totally stooopid.

• Love 4

What the hell was the defendant doing driving???  I think he had a false eye. Plus he had a giant knot on his head; he seemed beyond touched.

He couldn't stand either, but he can make babies! Plaintiff's sister might be a bit touched as well, if she thinks he's a good candidate with whom to procreate. Good god...

• Love 4

I know, right?! "I wasn't driving." "Yes, I got the citation for driving." "Yes, I went to court." "No, I didn't go to court." "No, I don't know who was driving." Huh!?!? Where were these people from, so I can avoid being on the roads.  I did appreciate the brother-in-law(??) plaintiff dropped charges so as not to deprive the baby of its daddy. For whatever good he may provide. 

The little boy/young man bike incident was another fine example of "I didn't see my son do this, therefore it didn't happen."  The fact that other people saw it happen is, of course, meaningless.  If mama don't see it, ain't nobody "seen" it.  Sigh.  And the puppy with the broken leg case makes me crazy.

Any ideas when Patricia Bean will reappear? I missed her the first time.

• Love 5

Was reading the sports page and saw a name "Cleanthony" and thought of this forum/discussion. Does he have a brother named "Dirtytony"?

I was sneaking a peek at the JJ Forum on my cell phone at work, and this caused me to snort out loud, prompting strange looks from my boss and co-worker. Thanks, iwasish! SOL! (Snort out loud)

Edited because I can't spell...

Edited by Intocats
  • Love 3

He couldn't stand either, but he can make babies! Plaintiff's sister might be a bit touched as well, if she thinks he's a good candidate with whom to procreate. Good god...

I can't even imagine what happened to that defendant that his head looked like that. And someone is procreating with him? No matter how horrible these dudes look, there's always some chick willing to get knocked up by them. Good grief.

• Love 3

I guess they take the initial from the father's first name and use that in front of all the kids' names - even the girls

It's actually a pretty good strategy to help these idiot women keep track of which bundle of joy belongs to which baby daddy.

Edited by DebbieW
  • Love 8

The damaged car was parked in plaintiff's driveway, but the damage was at the front of the car.  Most people don't back into their driveways.

Where I live (Florida) we only have back plates on our cars. My neighbor pointed out that people will back into their driveways so the cops can't see that they either a) don't have a plate or b) have expired registrations. I've seen people in my community who have backed their cars right up to the garage door so nobody can see what registration gaffes they have committed. 

Another amazingly helpful way to screw the system, brought to you by HelloPatti.  Carry on. 

• Love 8

Oh my gosh, y'all!  Giant flyswatter!!! How anyone (including JJ) could stay focused on the case is beyond me.  I think she should use the flyswatter every case.  "Ridiculous!" Whack! "Your case is dismissed!"  Whack!

• Love 4

Where I live (Florida) we only have back plates on our cars. My neighbor pointed out that people will back into their driveways so the cops can't see that they either a) don't have a plate or b) have expired registrations. I've seen people in my community who have backed their cars right up to the garage door so nobody can see what registration gaffes they have committed. 

Another amazingly helpful way to screw the system, brought to you by HelloPatti.  Carry on. 

I usually back into my garage. My neighbor across the street has a HUGE pickup truck (welcome to AZ), and I worry I may back into it when I'm backing out of my garage. So I've started back into it to make it easier for me to get out. I never thought it was weird to do, though.

• Love 3

It's actually a pretty good strategy to help these idiot women keep track of which bundle of joy belongs to which baby daddy.

The main problem would be that a whole lot of the fathers' first names seem to begin with either the letter D or the letter J.

• Love 1

Well the first case of the new episode today - the DJ who didn't turn up for the wedding - was most disappointing. The plaintiff was polite, organized and well spoken. The defendant, after minimal whining, admitted he was in the wrong.  Judge Judy sympathized with the plaintiff for being annoyed at the absent DJ, rather than yelling at him for being so concerned about what - in the grand scheme of things - was a petty matter.  And in  the halterview  the plaintiff expressed sympathy for the difficult times the defendant was going through. 

I don't watch JJ for sweet reasonableness. I have people in my life for that. I watch for the crazies.

• Love 11

The little boy/young man bike incident was another fine example of "I didn't see my son do this, therefore it didn't happen."  The fact that other people saw it happen is, of course, meaningless.  If mama don't see it, ain't nobody "seen" it.  Sigh.  

I taught school in a previous incarnation, or at least it seems like a lifetime ago, and this is so true where some parents are concerned that it hurts.

Did anyone catch the episode today with the child named Wyld - the one from whose vocabulary the Judge attempted to exorcise the word "like" ? Did you get a good look at that kid? My babies are, in my admittedly very biased opinion, quite cute, but that kid was beyond cute, and he was probably already into what is usually an awkward phase for a kid.. It looked like he already had his third-grade teeth in place.

If I had a child who looked like Wyld, I'd have to consider letting Mr.Jilliannatalia quit his day job so that we could breed commercially.

Edited by jilliannatalia
  • Love 6

If I had a child who looked like Wilde, I'd have to consider letting Mr.Jilliannatalia quit his day job so that we could breed commercially.

He was a little darling, wasn't he?  Wyld -- so fitting.  Loved that hair!  He seemed smart too, but apparently has a reputation for teasing the dogs in that park.  The little dickens -- I wanna pinch those cheeks.

• Love 5

Wyld grated on my nerves. He was too cute, too well spoken, and I believe extremey well coached. I was surprised that JJ didn't note that every time she looked him in the eyes and asked him a question, he immediately broke eye contact and looked at the floor as he answered. She has busted people out on this many times but I guess Wyld was just to cute to bust.

Edited by DoctorK
  • Love 8

CoolWhip, you need to check out Miriam Margolyes schooling Will.I.Am on that very subject on the Graham Norton Show.  It will warm your heart.

I'm sure Wyld has always been told that everything he says and does is special and adorable.   Junior High should knock that out of him.

Edited by Quof
  • Love 6

Wyld will certainly be breaking hearts (and probably pissing off people with his specialness) someday. Wasn't his father's name Ease? Some interesting names in that family. And while the dog owner is ultimately at fault, something tells me there's a great deal of truth in the defendant's assertion that Ease is indeed Easy and lets Wyld run wild (really, it writes itself), and that perhaps Wyld is a bit of an antagonist with the pups.

• Love 3

Kid was beyond cute and raising a similar boy I was smiling the whole time.  Yeah, I agree he's gonna be a handful (mine was but he's grown into a wonderful man). What about his mother?  I don't think she was mentioned.  Loved JJ nixing the 'like' from his vocabulary.  I do that to kids I don't even know if I hear them mangle language.  I'm a grammar nerd.  Sue me....and dammit....get off my lawn!

• Love 3

Judge Judy sympathized with the plaintiff for being annoyed at the absent DJ

I don't think the DJ ever had any intention of showing up at the wedding, which is why he wanted the money in advance. Maybe he thought those dumb foreigners wouldn't do anything about it.

"Wyld" ("Stupid a-facking name!" ~Furio/The Sopranos) reminded me of the annoyingly kids in sitcoms whose speech is a series of one-liners cracked at clueless adults. Yes, he was incredibly cute. I thought it was weird how his father takes him to the park and sits outside the park in his car. Defendant's witness, - a witness who saw nothing -  Mr. Goldberg, really REALLY wanted to make a "statement" that he had obviously spent time writing down. I would have loved to have heard some of it. Seems a bit of overkill for a $250 lawsuit.  But really - "WYLD"?

I was busy cheering during JJ's "Don't Say Like" campaign.

In my prehistoric high school we had a teacher named Mr.Bowman. "Like" was a trigger word for him and any time a student used it, he would start flapping around like a giant heron, yelling in a heavy German accent, 'LIKE? LIKE? Like a black cat!!" Drove him mad, but we learned not to use it.

• Love 3

I taught school in a previous incarnation, or at least it seems like a lifetime ago, and this is so true where some parents are concerned that it hurts.

Did anyone catch the episode today with the child named Wyld - the one from whose vocabulary the Judge attempted to exorcise the word "like" ? Did you get a good look at that kid? My babies are, in my admittedly very biased opinion, quite cute, but that kid was beyond cute, and he was probably already into what is usually an awkward phase for a kid.. It looked like he already had his third-grade teeth in place.

If I had a child who looked like Wyld, I'd have to consider letting Mr.Jilliannatalia quit his day job so that we could breed commercially.

Wyld looked like Ricky Segall, who played The Partridge Family's singing neighbor-next door Ricky (like that's the kind of neighbor you'd expect the Partridge Family to have. )$T2eC16JHJHQE9nzEyO,RBQIUMShju!~~60_35.J

My gut tells me Wyld is wild to the dogs in the dog park. I see JJ's point that the dog was out of control but based on prior JJ cases, Wyld was unsupervised by his dad who opts to sit in the car while Wyld rides his bike or plays in the park. So I think it would have been more fair if Wyld's medical bill were split 50-50. Not to mention Wyld's dad sort of fudged it giving JJ a photo that wasn't of the immediate area.

And if it's true what you name a child is what that child will be.......Wyld (and this poor suffering world) will be in for a wild time. When I was a teen, if my boyfriend's name was "Wyld", my dad would have slammed the door in his face. (Dad: "Who are you?", Wyld: " I'm Wyld. " Dad: "Good for you." slam door.)  When I saw how his last name was spelled, I thought "Dang! The immigration clerk at Angel Island really screwed up spelling that one!"....

• Love 6
"Wyld" ("Stupid a-facking name!" ~Furio/The Sopranos) reminded me of the annoyingly kids in sitcoms whose speech is a series of one-liners cracked at clueless adults.

*Dying*

Wyld looked like Ricky Segall, who played The Partridge Family's singing neighbor-next door Ricky

*DEAD*

I couldn't deal with Wyle and his oh-so-precocious act. I can't believe JJ didn't bust out the tired, "This isn't an audtion!" line on him.

I can't believe JJ didn't bust out the tired, "This isn't an audtion!" line on him.

I think she was bemused by him: "We've got a live one!"

My gut tells me Wyld is wild to the dogs in the dog park.

Maybe, but Dad wouldn't know because he can't be bothered getting his ass out of his car.

(Dad: "Who are you?", Wyld: " I'm Wyld. " Dad: "Good for you." slam door.)

Now I'm dying.

• Love 5

Doesn't anyone have anything to say about Jason and Hannah?  He sued her for having him falsely arrested for assault when they were a couple 2 years ago.  Hannah's a 26-year-old student who admitted to a former addiction for Aderall [spell?].  Well, she was on something else in the courtroom because she couldn't stand still, couldn't stand up straight, couldn't look Judy in the eye, couldn't finish a sentence, couldn't remember what state she was living in and when, and couldn't be bothered to bring any kind of evidence like police or doctors' reports.  When Judy asked Jason why the time-lag in bringing the case, he said it was because he couldn't find her.  Which kind of made sense, because if she didn't know what state she'd been living in, how could one blame Jason for not being able to find her?  Judy quickly looked at the lovey-dovey text messages from her after she had him arrested (he brought evidence), and gave him the full $5,000.  He was kinda hot, too.  Highly emotional hallterview, too.  Good fun.

• Love 4

There was much discussion about Jason and Hannah when it first aired.  Of course, that was probably only about 8 weeks ago.    Getting tired of these reruns of episodes that are so new, they're still on my DVR.

• Love 3

Wyld grated on my nerves. He was too cute, too well spoken, and I believe extremey well coached. I was surprised that JJ didn't note that every time she looked him in the eyes and asked him a question, he immediately broke eye contact and looked at the floor as he answered. She has busted people out on this many times but I guess Wyld was just to cute to bust.

All I kept thinking was that Wyld reminded me of the "balloon boy". Remember the kid who supposedly got into the flying saucer  balloon thingie and flew away and the parents were chasing it, all to find out it was a ploy to get a reality show for the parents? 

and in my research making sure the facts were right, I found this: http://www.cnn.com/2015/07/06/us/balloon-boy-heene-family-where-now/

I've witnessed parents drop their kids at the dog park - they drop their kids where there are dozens of unknown, unleashed dogs milling about that they have no idea about. I've seen kids playing (or trying to play with) my dogs - one parent said it was because they couldn't have a dog so they let their kids play with random dogs. I've had random kids in my neighborhood come up and squeeze my dog's face while I'm walking her before I can say anything (in the "oh you're so cute" mode). Granted she's a pug but some pugs get terribly cranky at being manhandled). Don't parents teach their kids about unknown animals anymore? 

• Love 7

I've witnessed parents drop their kids at the dog park - they drop their kids where there are dozens of unknown, unleashed dogs milling about that they have no idea about. I've seen kids playing (or trying to play with) my dogs - one parent said it was because they couldn't have a dog so they let their kids play with random dogs. I've had random kids in my neighborhood come up and squeeze my dog's face while I'm walking her before I can say anything (in the "oh you're so cute" mode). Granted she's a pug but some pugs get terribly cranky at being manhandled). Don't parents teach their kids about unknown animals anymore? 

Maybe it's because dogs and cats are pets. And pets are cute and lovable----until they bite or scratch.

But as I wrote, I see JJ's point about the uncontrolled dog, but Wyld was unsupervised too.

Wyld looked like Ricky Segall, who played The Partridge Family's singing neighbor-next door Ricky (like that's the kind of neighbor you'd expect the Partridge Family to have. )$T2eC16JHJHQE9nzEyO,RBQIUMShju!~~60_35.J

My gut tells me Wyld is wild to the dogs in the dog park. I see JJ's point that the dog was out of control but based on prior JJ cases, Wyld was unsupervised by his dad who opts to sit in the car while Wyld rides his bike or plays in the park. So I think it would have been more fair if Wyld's medical bill were split 50-50. Not to mention Wyld's dad sort of fudged it giving JJ a photo that wasn't of the immediate area.

And if it's true what you name a child is what that child will be.......Wyld (and this poor suffering world) will be in for a wild time. When I was a teen, if my boyfriend's name was "Wyld", my dad would have slammed the door in his face. (Dad: "Who are you?", Wyld: " I'm Wyld. " Dad: "Good for you." slam door.)  When I saw how his last name was spelled, I thought "Dang! The immigration clerk at Angel Island really screwed up spelling that one!"....

I see the resemblance, though I would consider Wyld to be the prettier of the two boys. I'm not sure what the child's parents were trying to accomplish in giving such a name, though. My experience in teaching (I student-taught high school math, then taught kindergarten and sixth grade when i was in law school) led me to believe that when parents gave a kid such a total non-name, the point was often that the child was too unique and special for a normal name, and shouldn't necessarily be bound by society's or by the school's normal constraints, either.

While JJ doesn't normally go off too blatantly on children so young and usually reserves the bulk of her vitriol for their parents, I was a bit surprised that she let so many red flags go in Wyld's case.

• Love 2
I thought it was weird how his father takes him to the park and sits outside the park in his car.

I eat lunch at a park a few times a week and see this ALL the time, and often with much younger children.  Parents sit in the car about 50 feet away playing with their phones.  Apparently, Facebook is waaaay more important than interacting with their children in the fresh air.

• Love 3

While JJ doesn't normally go off too blatantly on children so young and usually reserves the bulk of her vitriol for their parents, I was a bit surprised that she let so many red flags go in Wyld's case.

I think it's maybe because the def's dog was out of his control and chased and bit the kid. That's all that's known for sure. No one saw him teasing the dog. Only the kid could say what happened and no one could refute it.

I've witnessed parents drop their kids at the dog park

That is shocking, although it shouldn't be with today's prevailing attitude that all dogs should be sort of animated teddy bears. I've had little kids rush up to my dog on the street. One them, about 3 years old, threw herself over my dog's back while her idiot father stood there smiling. Luckily, my dog loved kids and that kind of thing and just turned and licked the kid's face. Another dog may have taken her face off.  I took it upon myself to tell the kid that we don't touch strange dogs without asking the owner first. Dad still did not get it.

• Love 4

I think she was bemused by him: "We've got a live one!"

Maybe, but Dad wouldn't know because he can't be bothered getting his ass out of his car.

Now I'm dying.

Yes, he was a "live one" alright. I really enjoyed that segment. JJ schooling him on not using the word "like" and he tells her he won't use it anymore. Not shy at all that kid. So cute and so smart. This was one of those times JJ let us see the mother/grandmother side of her.

I see the resemblance, though I would consider Wyld to be the prettier of the two boys. I'm not sure what the child's parents were trying to accomplish in giving such a name, though. My experience in teaching (I student-taught high school math, then taught kindergarten and sixth grade when i was in law school) led me to believe that when parents gave a kid such a total non-name, the point was often that the child was too unique and special for a normal name, and shouldn't necessarily be bound by society's or by the school's normal constraints, either.

Striking resemblance to young Wyld.

Here's the one millionth sign I grew up in the 80s: My parents never took me to a park beyond maybe age 6. I'd ride my bike or walk to the park with friends. Nowadays CPS would be banging on my parents' door for being so neglectful. I'm glad I grew up when I did.

• Love 12

My parents never took me to a park beyond maybe age 6.

We were never taken to a park, or the swimming pool, etc by parents. When we got old enough to cross a street alone, we'd figure out how to get there and go with friends. I nearly drowned on my first trip to the local pool, but I survived somehow.

These days kids must be driven everywhere. At Halloween around here, parents take their kids trick or treating in the car, waiting at the bottom of each driveway for the kid to run up and grab their loot. It's sad, really.

If Wyld's park is so far from his home that he must be driven there - and a DOG park at that -  you'd think his father might want to actually leave the car and maybe walk around just a bit? I guess I just don't understand life these days.

• Love 7

We were never taken to a park, or the swimming pool, etc by parents. When we got old enough to cross a street alone, we'd figure out how to get there and go with friends. I nearly drowned on my first trip to the local pool, but I survived somehow.

These days kids must be driven everywhere. At Halloween around here, parents take their kids trick or treating in the car, waiting at the bottom of each driveway for the kid to run up and grab their loot. It's sad, really.

If Wyld's park is so far from his home that he must be driven there - and a DOG park at that -  you'd think his father might want to actually leave the car and maybe walk around just a bit? I guess I just don't understand life these days.

I may have mentioned it here before, but in my development a lot of the parents drive their kids to the school bus stop. There are several stops in the development, so nobody lives more than a couple of blocks from one, but every damn morning the SUVs and minivans are lined up with the soccer moms and their precious snowflakes waiting for the bus to come.

This is Tucson, so bad weather is rarely an excuse. I've never seen anything like that anywhere else I've lived (although this is my first home in the suburbs.) The kids can't walk to the freaking bus top? Wyld can't walk ,or bicycle, or skateboard, or hover, or pogo stick himself to the park?

Edited by teebax
  • Love 6

Wyld entertained the hell out of me, what can I say. I used to be a teacher before I switched over to the legal field (which is why nothing phases me these days ;) ), and he probably would have fallen into the category of students I labeled "I like them despite my better judgment". I'm sure Dad doesn't supervise him that closely, and he probably does get a little too close to strange dogs, but as soon as I heard the dog was unleashed, I knew how the case was going to go, and it wouldn't have mattered what Wyld said anyway. For this one, I agree, as it didn't seem like they were in a designated dog park, where it was expected dogs would be off-leash, and if the dog HAD been leashed, there wouldn't have been an issue.

Man, that witness really thought he'd been brought to give expert testimony on "provocation". It was said softly, but I think I heard at a certain point the defendant telling him to be quiet (after JJ reamed him out a bit)?

• Love 1

The guy in the Delorean case was reciting factoids from Back to the Future in his hallterview.

That sounds like fun. I love getting previews here! It ramps up the anticipation and yes, I suppose I should get a life, but then I think - why?

the SUVs and minivans are lined up with the soccer moms and their precious snowflakes

I know this should go in off topic, but hell, yes! I can never back out of a parking lot without fear, because everyone - the minute they have even ONE kid - NEED a minivan or SUV (because a child must be transported in that type of vee-HICKLE) which always are parked on either side me and  I can never see, and... okay- rant OFF. 

Man, that witness really thought he'd been brought to give expert testimony on "provocation".

Why, oh why to do people insist on bringing witnesses who never actually, like, you know, basically witnessed anything? It's almost as annoying as parents who describe exactly what happened when their hell spawn did something bad, yet they were NOT THERE.

• Love 6

The case before DeLorean Kid really bothered me. I was up in the air until I saw the video. I have no doubt that the defendant was flying along at high speed (compared to moving vehicles in the background), and probably squeezing between parked cars along the curb and stopped vehicles in the driving lane. Whether or not she was legal in entering the bike lane (I would have liked to see a measurement as to how far back from the actual turn lane she was since apparently bike lanes are fair game if you are close enough to a turn lane), to me the primary cause was her excessive speed. The plaintiff as he turned would have had a broadening sight line to spot the approaching defendant and been able to stop if she had been moving at a reasonable speed. I also blame his insurance company because based on the fault finding of the police investigation, his insurance should have gone back against her insurance company. As always, YMMV.

• Love 3