Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: All Rise

Message added by Meredith Quill

Community Manager Note

Official notice that the topic of Sean DeMarco is off limits. If you have 1-on-1 thoughts to complete please take it to PM with each other.

If you have questions, contact the forum moderator @PrincessPurrsALot.  Do not discuss this limit to this discussion in here. Doing so will result in a warning. 

• Start Topic

It's been hell! Hell, I tell you!!!!

THEN MOVE!!!!

Judy was in good form on this one... I haven't had to have a cigarette after this show in a long time... Today I had two.

Edited by iwasish
  • Love 7

We finally get a litigant whose grammar I can tolerate. Nadia sounds relatively intelligent. Unfortunately, she'd rather use her powers for scamming than for good. She hasn't paid rent in six months but still couldn't manage to scrape together enough to a-move? Oh, that's right. The defendant caused her to lose her job. Why she couldn't find another the world will never know, since JJ failed to ask that obvious question.

Nadia needs to win a lawsuit so she can take the money and a-move. And if you believe that, the London Bridge is nearby, and I'll sell it to you. She'd have pocketed that money and spent at least another six months there.

I usually cringe at JJ demanding someone move when they're in a bad situation and can't afford to do so. This episode I actually agreed with JJ. And the defendant is a moron for letting this con artist get her to agree to a year rent-free.

• Love 5

Wasn't Nadia also suing because def. had her arrested and she consequently lost her job? Did I glean that correctly from all her verbal diahrrea?

I think I remember something about unlawful detainer, blah blah blah.  JJ kept telling her then move!  But of course, her 'principles' were on the line, and those principles were: YOU WILL PAY WHATEVER I ASK BEFORE I WILL MOVE!

• Love 1

They get a free trip to Cali and dinner and an appearance fee. I'd imagine some of the Plaintiffs come on the show so they will actually get paid if they win.

I believe I read also if you lose the judgement doesn't show on your credit history but to most of JJ's guests I would be willing to bet that isn't a factor.

• Love 4

"Well I was expecting to win this lawsuit to move!" "A-move!!!"

Yeah! it's not as though she has a job keeping her in Long Beach. What a slick, evasive con artist she is. I just will never get the concept of letting total strangers come and live in your home. I wouldn't even have lunch with someone I just contacted on Craigslist, never mind face them in my kitchen the next day. To quote the infamous Gin Ling Fuh, "WOW!"

• Love 3

Judge Judy
Episode: Hotel Room Destruction!; Rent-A-Church
NEW
S20, E10

A woman sues her ex for causing hotel-room damage while throwing a temper tantrum; a former tenant sues a landlord for the return of rent and a security deposit.

Judge Judy
Episode: Love Is Legally Blind!; Intervention or Bullying?
S19, E236
(First Aired: Jun. 26, 2015)

Child support and failing vision come into play when lovers call it quits; a disabled young man accuses his former friends of bullying, but they call it staging an intervention.

Here's the synopsis on my only working tv-guide-thingie.  Hope it helps!

• Love 1

Those are the same two I have, they just show up for the second batch of eps, too.  Judge Judy Surpise!  What episodes will actually air, and when? Gives me time to get a bottle of wine ready for today's nutjobs.

Interesting point about the credit histories.  And I agree, probably not a huge factor.

Society makes me sick sometimes....I hate that, nowadays, when people say "we were talking," it doesn't have anything to do with talking. It means that they were banging. Like the first case today, the plaintiff said that she and the defendant were in a hotel room in a bath together -- but they weren't dating.  No, the status of teir relationship: they were 'just talking.' Scuze me?

And shut up, Ms. Osuala. In your Sunday best, with your pained expressions, and your efforts to play dumb nonstop.

The kids in the Intervention case were haunting. They were such spooky individuals.

• Love 2

1st case: Coming Up on The Real Baby Daddy's of Hollywood: Was this dude's real name "Eric Rene"? It doesn't matter. He's a used car salesman...in more ways than one. Ladies, if a man has kids, always remember his baby mama comes first. If he's not current with her, he's never going to be current with your ass. Bottom line, point-blank, period. He might be a good guy, the D might be on point, he might tell you you're pretty...but you're probably going to wind up being owed money and he's gonna be somewhere talking about "what had happened was..." And, if you do loan someone money, always give them a check or something verifying the amount. Passing someone a few dollars is basic. Also, New Rule: YOU FORFEIT YOUR RIGHT TO BE HARASSED WHEN YOU OWE SOMEONE MONEY. They weren't harassing you when you were assed out, begging for money, were they? No? Then shut the fuck up!

2nd case: Rocky Mountain Hiiiiiigh: There was something very Mormon about the way the Plaintiffs spoke that was kinda funny and kinda sympathetic. It's a little nice to see two young people who seem like total squares. They just don't marijuana. The Defendant looked a little...unsettled. He didn't seem like a bad guy, they didn't seem like bad people...but I don't know. He said he was disabled, but he never smoked weed. Hmm. I don't know if they would keep trying to have an "intervention" if he wasn't smoking pot, and they live in Colorado, and they got their parents involved. But whatever. He paid them two additional months' rent; they're gonna move out. Just move on.

3rd case: B-Dubz, Boos, and Bottles (that's all I got): This case on mute looked like two studs suing each other...they both had great names, though. Paris Scott and Sharmada Clinkscales. Clinkscales sounds like a prison term; I don't know what for. But still...awesome name. It's going in the Hall of Fame with Tashma Body and Crystal Methven. As for their case, who the eff knows? Her story sounded bogus, his sounded kiiiinda true, but if it was, he probably did damage the TV. I don't know. I don't know why he would hit the TV with a Hennessy bottle for seemingly no reason, but then, I don't know why she would be snooping through his phone if, according to him, they weren't dating. And she said they were exclusive, except they weren't. I don't know. He was a bit more fey than I was expecting. JJ asked him something at the beginning and he was like, "tch, I 'on't know..." He might not have had a picture of the other woman, because it wasn't...a woman. Just sayin'.

4th case: No Edge Zone: I believe Pastor Osuala put a curse on the Plaintiff for filing suit against her, because for as nice as Tyana seemed to be, she had no edges. Like, none. How are you gonna look like Venus Williams in the front and Vanessa Williams in the back, like, seriously? For real? OK. But nonetheless, the Voodoo Priestess she was suing was on some bullshit. She was very squinty too. JJ made the comment about Byrd running a eye surgery business out of her basement because of how much the woman was squinting. I laughed my ass off, but JJ was a stank bitch for that. But she should've given Tyana her money back if she had not gotten zoning for her to keep children. You have to follow the law before you start writing up  bootleg, homemade un-notarized ass contracts that are partially typed and partially scribbled in pen. She knew that, she just couldn't -- and here's an Horatio from CSI: Miami moment -- see what JJ was saying YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAH

Edited by 27bored
  • Love 4

the Voodoo Priestess she was suing was on some bullshit. She was very squinty too. JJ made the comment about Byrd running a eye surgery business out of her basement because of how much the woman was squinting. I laughed my ass off, but JJ was a stank bitch for that.

I haven't watched and I swear I'm laughing just as hard as if I did!

Society makes me sick sometimes....I hate that, nowadays, when people say "we were talking," it doesn't have anything to do with talking. It means that they were banging. Like the first case today, the plaintiff said that she and the defendant were in a hotel room in a bath together -- but they weren't dating.  No, the status of teir relationship: they were 'just talking.' Scuze me?

As an armchair anthropologist, I've been trying to figure out the nuances of this term since I started hearing it on this show. It's something less than dating but more than one-night hookup. But it definitely includes banging. It seems like a euphemism coined for the TV cameras and all the skeeves know to use it. I wonder how it got started in the 'hood.

• Love 3

....I hate that, nowadays, when people say "we were talking,"

Yes, they've been "dating" for three years exclusively, but that doesn't mean they had the official title of "Boyfriend/Girlfriend".

Sharmada Clinkscales (that name, to me, sounds like a particularly unpleasant dermatological condition) really needed to pick his battles better. His husky non-girlfriend, Paris, looked as though she could easily take him two falls out of three and he should never have started "tusslin" with her. But hey - "Boo" is a ladies' man and Paris should have known that and learned to deal with it.

Church/Daycare scammer: I have to say I'm always curious when someone moves to a foreign country and has no qualms about scamming people. Personally, I'd be too scared to move out of my own country and do such a thing. It's just a shame that Ms. Osuala got to keep the 6K (and plaintiff still lost 1K) by using the ridiculous argument that a tenant should be the person to get proper zoning. Just love the highly religious people who appear here. They are always the most amoral.

• Love 4

Totally agree with you, Ouisch.  It's like the rule of Chekhov's gun:  If you show it in the first act, it should go off in the third act--or else it should never have been there at all.  If you show me a video monitor or a tape player, I want to see or hear what you got.

I'm such a dope, though.  I thought, Gee, isn't that a coincidence--they both have the exact same boom box.  Duh.  It's obviously the house machine.

I really wanted to hear what Nadia had for evidence.  You know, because it's a matter of principle!

Edited by Mondrianyone
  • Love 6
Sharmada Clinkscales (that name, to me, sounds like a particularly unpleasant dermatological condition) really needed to pick his battles better. His husky non-girlfriend, Paris, looked as though she could easily take him two falls out of three and he should never have started "tusslin" with her. But hey - "Boo" is a ladies' man and Paris should have known that and learned to deal with it.

For real, yo. I believe the reason they had been "talking" since her birthday was because he was redshirting her because she looked like a first-round draft pick. They were probably scrimmaging and he told her to go wide right in 3 seconds and she didn't and the bottle of Hennessy hit the TV. Wasn't she wearing, like, an athletic tube top or some shit? I can't.

Both Nadia Day and the Greyhound bus pick-up guy's cases annoyed me mainly because everyone involved had boom boxes on their tables and nosy me was dying to hear what they had to play!

Yeah, but they were both annoying. Nadia Day was annoying af. It was like, girl bye! You're living rent damn free. And the Greyhound bus guy was...on the stroll. I'm not judging, because that's how I make extra money too, but yeah. You met at a bus station, y'all had a "nice conversation", you stayed at the man's house and you were suing him for sexual harassment...man, please. You gotta get the money upfront.

• Love 2

I'm such a dope, though.  I thought, Gee, isn't that a coincidence--they both have the exact same boom box.  Duh.  It's obviously the house machine.

Oh, you can come sit next to me at the Sometimes Slow table!

I got bored with the hotel room trashing case once it was clear it was just going to be he-said-she-said. Although, I'm glad both cases weren't typical rent/gift/loan/dog stories.

• Love 2

The Case of the Couple Who Does Not Understand the Meaning of the Word “Exclusive” (aka, Trashed Hotel Room)

When asked if the relationship was exclusive, both of the alleged co-showerers answer in the affirmative. Later, Sharmada (Sharmadi? I don’t think Paris Scott even knows his name) says he told her, “Me and you aren’t dating” and she semi-confirms, “I’m not a girlfriend, we were just talking, we were in an exclusive relationship for three years.” Huh?

This was the usual mishmash of stilted court speak on behalf of the plaintiff -- “at that time” “I did decline” “swim outfit” (okay, that’s not stilted court speech, but what the heck is a swim outfit? -- and a defendant who looked like he was being forced to watch The Notebook for the fifth time but felt the need to be polite about it.

I concur, without the politeness. 

In closing let me just say this: if your last name is Clinkskales, please, by all means, go ahead and name your son “Sharmada.”

Shady Church Lady

What the hell? Does she think she can just keep $6,000 for the "building fund"? (Steve Harvey, The Kings of Comedy

)
  • Love 2

Uggghghghg! I was on vacation last week (don't worry...no one "borrowed me" the money to go and there were no "altercations" in the hotel room involving the reading of text messages) and came home to Lydia "Lots of Principles" Day, that crazy bitch who euthanized her dog and Clinkskales -- an actual person and not a made-up Dr Seuss-sounding disease or Norwegian-designed ratchet. I need another vacation to get over all that. Or possibly, a Silkwood Shower.

Question! WTF is it with California's f-'d up tenant laws? Poor, poor Lydia Day and her free rent ride reminded me of that crazy-ass, live-in nanny (and equally crazy employer, to be fair) who got fired (quit?) but refused to leave her room because that was her residence. And NO COURT could kick her out! Same deal with Lydia "Taking the Principled Stand" Day. When can I move to California and live for free forever? Or is that everywhere? (I've owned my own home since I was 24 so I know nothing about renting.)

Question! WTF is it with California's f-'d up tenant laws?

It's the same way in my part of Canada. The laws always favour the tenants. People can go broke waiting and trying to get squatters out of their homes. It's outrageous and makes me glad I don't have any income properties.

BTW, if anyone hasn't rewatched Patricia Bean, vicious old bat, I suggest you do. It's even better the second time around when you notice the audience trying so hard not to crack up as JJ reads Ms. Bean's statement with the "She's just a slut" line. Ms. Bean beams proudly at having such a wide audience for her words. "We wuz doing the Lord's work!"

• Love 2

Getting squatters out of your property is truly a nightmare in California.  Not only do you have to wait to file, you have to PAY to file, and multiple times, too.  Even then, if you get to the VERY LAST STEP, which is getting the Sheriff to kick them out, I am really not sure what happens if they don't comply.  I think future landlords need to write a REALLY tight lease, which specifies in writing ALL the possibilities, a PITA, but probably worth it in the long run.

• Love 1

Uggghghghg! I was on vacation last week (don't worry...no one "borrowed me" the money to go and there were no "altercations" in the hotel room involving the reading of text messages) and came home to Lydia "Lots of Principles" Day, that crazy bitch who euthanized her dog and Clinkskales -- an actual person and not a made-up Dr Seuss-sounding disease or Norwegian-designed ratchet. I need another vacation to get over all that. Or possibly, a Silkwood Shower.

Question! WTF is it with California's f-'d up tenant laws? Poor, poor Lydia Day and her free rent ride reminded me of that crazy-ass, live-in nanny (and equally crazy employer, to be fair) who got fired (quit?) but refused to leave her room because that was her residence. And NO COURT could kick her out! Same deal with Lydia "Taking the Principled Stand" Day. When can I move to California and live for free forever? Or is that everywhere? (I've owned my own home since I was 24 so I know nothing about renting.)

What I notice from watching court cases is that most of the landlords we see on them haven't bothered to check the laws before going to court. We see a lot of landlords changing locks, turning off utilities, using physical violence, breaking into premises, etc. Conversely, tenants seem to know their rights quite well, especially when they're being threatened with eviction. It sucks when you have a tenant that is scamming, but there is no shortage of bad landlords out there, either.

Cool story time: I lived in an apartment complex until 2010, when I moved into my house. After I moved out of the apartment we had the walk-through, and the property manager asked if I'd even lived there because it was immaculate. I'm a neat freak who lives alone; I don't even put holes in the walls to hang pictures! Anyway, everything went swimmingly, and they gave me a checklist indicating the apartment was in perfect condition and I would receive a refund of my security deposit within 14 days. I provided my forwarding address, and that was that.

Two weeks later I still hadn't received my security deposit, so I sent a certified letter with a copy of the walk-through checklist and a request for payment. Two more weeks after that, I still hadn't heard from them. So I filed a small claims suit against them for $2,500, which was the max allowed in small claims court at the time. Per the statute, they actually owed me my security deposit plus 2 times that amount, which was slightly more than the $2,5000 max.

They called once they received the notification about the suit and offered me $1,700 (double the security) to drop the case. It had just been an oversight and was an honest mistake. I would have been more than willing to do that, except they had been assholes to me two months prior when a check I sent through my bank's bill pay website didn't reach them on time. I had ordered the check 10 days before my rent was due, but the bank was apparently using the Pony Express. Even though I showed the apartment management folks that the money had come out of my bank account, they didn't care and hit me with a $50 late fee. I pleaded with them because I'd just sunk almost all of my savings into the house I was having built and was on a very tight budget. So now here they were, asking me for mercy with regard to their oversight. Needless to say, I got the full $2,500.

• Love 17

What I notice from watching court cases is that most of the landlords we see on them haven't bothered to check the laws before going to court.

I know! Virtually none of the landlords we see here know anything at all about tenant/landlord laws. Yeah, renting illegal premises, busting down doors with axes, claiming massive damage with no evidence, etc. - how lazy and stupid can they be?  It's really appalling and I'm so glad I haven't rented in 25+ years.

Glad you got your money back, teebax. Judge Judy would smile upon you!

• Love 3

I know! Virtually none of the landlords we see here know anything at all about tenant/landlord laws. Yeah, renting illegal premises, busting down doors with axes, claiming massive damage with no evidence, etc. - how lazy and stupid can they be?  It's really appalling and I'm so glad I haven't rented in 25+ years.

Glad you got your money back, teebax. Judge Judy would smile upon you!

A small part of me hoped to get a call from one of their producers when I filed the case. Alas, I missed another chance to be a JJ litigant.

• Love 5

Even then, if you get to the VERY LAST STEP, which is getting the Sheriff to kick them out, I am really not sure what happens if they don't comply.

We've had to do this only twice, in a lot of years. Most recently last summer. She was,of course, incredulous: "If you'd told us you wanted us out, we'd have left." As the sheriff's moving company was loading the van, "Give me a minute and I'll call someone with a truck."  Um, no. Oddly, they are able to come up with $5k to get their stuff back from the sheriff (none of which comes to the landlord) but couldn't manage to pay rent.  Typical JJ fodder. On the upside, we just had a couple move out after 11 years, and the place was in better shape than when they moved in (relatives of yours, Teebax?) The good ones are really good, and the bad ones are awful. Just like landlords.

No comments on today's cases? I've been out all day so haven't watched yet. Me thinks maybe they were not the stellar shows we've been treated to of late!

• Love 2

I actually understood why the plaintiff carried a baseball bat when walking her dog. In my fairly nice neighborhood one of my older neighbors with a small, friendly dog (friends with my small friendly dog) has started carrying a stick whenever he goes walking as there are a few neighbors who let their dogs run (yes, he has contacted animal control...) and those dogs have tried to attack his dog. He also advised me to start carrying a stick in case they come after me and my dog. The way JJ was asking questions to the plaintiff ("if your dog isn't aggressive why do you have to carry a stick"), seemed to imply that the plaintiff had something to hide. I think a young woman walking a dog at night should absolutely carry a baseball bat.

• Love 17

A small part of me hoped to get a call from one of their producers when I filed the case. Alas, I missed another chance to be a JJ litigant.

Only JJ doesn't award double the security on her show.  She says if the landlord can't sue for double or triple the rent owed, tenants can't be awarded more than they paid.  She doesn't use individual state statues when making her decisions, Judge Milan on People's Court does.

• Love 3

JJ: "So you carry a bat?

P: "Yes"

JJ: "...and your dog has never been in a fight?"

Had I been plaintiff, my answer would have been," ...because I carry a bat, Your Honor. I will see myself out now."

Hotel room disturbance - So, Shamadi? If you go back to the room to put on "day clothes", does that mean that you and plaintiff were having your lovely breakfast in the hotel dining area IN YOUR 'JAMAS?

Edited by arejay
  • Love 5

Only JJ doesn't award double the security on her show.  She says if the landlord can't sue for double or triple the rent owed, tenants can't be awarded more than they paid.  She doesn't use individual state statues when making her decisions, Judge Milan on People's Court does.

I know. When I tell my tales of things that have happened to me, I always say I missed another chsnce to go on JJ, but I never would.

I think if I had to go on a court show it'd be TPC. They seem to follow the law a little better over there. If I went on JJ it would strictly be for the lulz. I'd drink that holy water immediately! But JJ gets a lot of things wrong, and don't get me started on all the things she dismisses because she doesn't care about them.

• Love 8

The poor gal walking her dog with a baseball bat sounded like she was on helium.

I had to turn that one off. I hate dog cases anyway, so if you combine a dog case with that kind of voice, I just can't do it.

I sometimes carry a walking stick while walking my dog because there are a few dogs in my neighborhood that constantly get out and roam, and we walk really early to avoid the Arizona heat; it's usually still dark outside when we start. I also have a wash that runs behind my house, and sometimes there are coyotes back there. I'd have no qualms about beating a loose dog that tried to attack mine.

• Love 5

I thought he was Fred Armissen's deranged uncle.

That that dude could find a date both scares and baffles me.

I had to look up Fred, but omg, you're so right!

I'm always scared and baffled when I see what kind of creeps can not only get multiple women, but even ones who want to shower money on them and breed with them.

This guy? I try to imagine a woman staying in a hotel room with him and... you know, but my mind just won't go there. I think the def. really could have found a tighter dress to show off her abundances if she'd really tried.

• Love 3

I actually understood why the plaintiff carried a baseball bat when walking her dog.

I carried a stick for a while when walking my dog after he was attacked by another dog (he was picked up and torn out of his collar, and shook by a pit/lab mix that had gotten away from the 10 year old girl walking him). I used the handle from one of those big plungers with the rubber piece removed. 

I thought he was Fred Armisen's deranged uncle.

BAHAHAH!! Great minds think alike! All I could think that between him and the defendant was "SO MUCH HAIR DYE". And his rug wasn't fooling anybody. Did anybody see him from the back? it didn't cover any of the back of his head - it was just draped across the top and front. Reminded me of my neighbor who was out washing his car in his boxer shorts the other day - forgot his pants but did remember to put his toupee on. #iliveinfloridaofcourse

• Love 4

My first thought of Fred Armisen's deranged uncle was actually of a Philadelphia cretin by the name of "Uncle" Eddie Savitz. A dude arrested in the 90s for ... oh, lord, arranging for (mostly) teenage boys to give him their used underwear that he'd squirrel away in empty pizza boxes. (I'm being demure in my description here, here's his Wiki entry. Read at your own risk.)

Anyway, here's Uncle Eddie and his incredibly tattered, shitty wig -- one that I had't seen replicated in all its awfulness until yesterday's Plaintiff:

mo9eucX.jpg

My first thought of Fred Armisen's deranged uncle was actually of a Philadelphia cretin by the name of "Uncle" Eddie Savitz. A dude arrested in the 90s for ... oh, lord, arranging for (mostly) teenage boys to give him their used underwear that he'd squirrel away in empty pizza boxes. (I'm being demure in my description here, here's his Wiki entry. Read at your own risk.)

Anyway, here's Uncle Eddie and his incredibly tattered, shitty wig -- one that I had't seen replicated in all its awfulness until yesterday's Plaintiff:

mo9eucX.jpg

Dear God.  I wish I had not read the Wiki entry on this degenerate.  GAH!!

• Love 1