Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: All Rise

Message added by Meredith Quill

Community Manager Note

Official notice that the topic of Sean DeMarco is off limits. If you have 1-on-1 thoughts to complete please take it to PM with each other.

If you have questions, contact the forum moderator @PrincessPurrsALot.  Do not discuss this limit to this discussion in here. Doing so will result in a warning. 

• Start Topic

This is infuriating, just as bad as during the well endowed murderer caper. I got the first three episodes of JJ repeats, then for the one new show I got the pope walking off a plane for half an hour. I really wanted to see that JJ ep too, because it appeared to be a murderous hillbilly.

Assholes!

There must have been a slight breeze in the air yesterday because my satellite went out yesterday and didn't record anything. I had to reset the receiver when I got home, which was too late to catch anything. No JJ, no People's Court, no Hot Bench, no Jeopardy. If Directv didn't have the nfl contract, I'd have yanked it off the roof, I was so pissed off.

It doesn't sound like I missed much, though.

Edited by teebax
  • Love 3

The hillbilly case, shown on our 10 PM repeat, turned out to be dull and took up the whole show.  Girl keeps paying fines for said hillbilly boyfriend, who keeps driving without a license.  He then hits her.  His sister, sitting nearby, keeps saying he's not violent.  Judge Judy admonishes said sister for talking about things she would have no way of knowing.  Plaintiff wins money.  One gavel.

I'm taking precaution of recording our 10 PM episode today, as it looks like more Pope preemptions.

Edited by GussieK
  • Love 3

I'm beginning to wonder what the point of this show is ?  No one is out of any money no matter who wins their cases.

Someone sues you for $5000, you lose. The show pays your judgement.  What's the point ?

Is there an appearance fee paid ?

Judge Judy admonishes said sister for talking about things she would have no way of knowing.

" I. DON'T. KNOW!"   Thought Judy was going to blow a gasket the way she kept hollering that at the sister! Sister did appear to be quite clairvoyant. Good thing, since she's probably the one picking up the tab for her miscreant brother now.

• Love 4

I'm beginning to wonder what the point of this show is ?  No one is out of any money no matter who wins their cases.

Someone sues you for $5000, you lose. The show pays your judgement.  What's the point ?

Is there an appearance fee paid ?

Taylor, I have thought about this too.  My answer is that you just can't explain human nature.  Obviously, the main reason to have the show is for the entertainment value.  So why do the people go on it?  They do get an appearance fee and a trip to California, but more important they get their moment in the spotlight.  It seems incredible to any normal person that anyone would want to expose their foibles this way, but expose them they do.  There seem to be several subgroups of cases.

For many of the plaintiffs, they know this is the only way they will collect on their judgment from the deadbeat defendants to whom they all seem to give money so freely--until it finally dawns on them that it was a bad idea. 

So why do the defendants agree to go?  This one I really can't figure out.  They really don't care if the plaintiff gets paid in most cases.  So why bother to show up?  I think they're just dopey!  They really want to defend themselves against the allegations of the plaintiff, even when their defenses are horse poopy.   They want to be right and save face.  They want to show that they can't be "disrespected," or whatever similar emotion motivates them.  These people do not seem to be faking.  If they were I think the show couldn't have lasted this long.

There are some cases where it seems they are close to colluding, where there aren't such hard feelings between the two people, but the defendant has no money and may really think it is fair for the plaintiff to get paid.  

Finally, there are some cases that seem like out and out collusion to fake some kind of disagreement and the two parties hope to split the money.  JJ seems to suss these out on a regular basis. 

Edited by GussieK
  • Love 2

They get a free trip to Cali and dinner and an appearance fee. I'd imagine some of the Plaintiffs come on the show so they will actually get paid if they win.

You're right. I was only looking at one side of the story.

We're getting some different reruns here than what you guys are getting.

My husband watches them out of order on the DVR, but one of the ones we got was a mom suing her ex-husband because he bought his daughter a car, and she drove it (I think without a license) and then either wrecked it, or blew it up, and she was ticked because the ex wouldn't buy the daughter another car (I think it was a Lexus).  That girl sat there with such a smug, self-satisfied look on her face, and Judge Judy just smacked it right off.  It finally dawned on me that she reminds me a relative of my husband's, although her attitude isn't quite as bad.

I remembered the one with the girl who was starting crap with the other girl from before.  I could see all of them standing in the driveway talking smack about each other.  I knew girls like her when I was in school. The apple generally doesn't fall far from the tree.  Her laughing when they were discussing what happened just cemented it.  The only one I felt bad for was the girl who was being bullied.  It's about to get much worse for her.

• Love 2

We're getting some different reruns here than what you guys are getting.

My husband watches them out of order on the DVR, but one of the ones we got was a mom suing her ex-husband because he bought his daughter a car, and she drove it (I think without a license) and then either wrecked it, or blew it up, and she was ticked because the ex wouldn't buy the daughter another car (I think it was a Lexus).  That girl sat there with such a smug, self-satisfied look on her face, and Judge Judy just smacked it right off.  It finally dawned on me that she reminds me a relative of my husband's, although her attitude isn't quite as bad.

I remembered the one with the girl who was starting crap with the other girl from before.  I could see all of them standing in the driveway talking smack about each other.  I knew girls like her when I was in school. The apple generally doesn't fall far from the tree.  Her laughing when they were discussing what happened just cemented it.  The only one I felt bad for was the girl who was being bullied.  It's about to get much worse for her.

Both of those cases aired in my market on Monday. Since the show is syndicated, I guess they can run the episodes in any order they want, but I always assumed we were all getting the same new and old episodes. Interesting.

• Love 1

I'm not 100% sure what day that one aired here (we get 4 a day - 2 in the morning, and 2 in the afternoon - same channel, and anything new comes from the afternoon), but we watched it earlier in the week.

My husband got angry at the one a few days ago (that we think was a repeat) where a woman's little kid wasn't being watched and broke a dog's leg.  I disagreed with JJ on that one, but my husband got really irritated with the defendant, who was offended that the woman said the dog was like her child.  Yes, how dare some of us who aren't able to have children consider our pets to be like our kids.  (insert eye roll.....)

• Love 3
Girl keeps paying fines for said hillbilly boyfriend, who keeps driving without a license

I missed part of this one as DH kept switching to a Ronda Rowzee fight, but she did sound way too together for that lunkhead hillbilly. And I really liked her hair color. 

Also, he's from Taylor, MI (don't know if she is too). Around these parts, we refer to Taylor as Taylor-tucky, a legacy of WWII when workers from the south came to staff the armaments factories. But obviously it still fits as a nickname; that was NOT a Michigan accent Mr. Slow Witted Mouth Breather was rocking. 

• Love 1

Ahh! Fox finally got their sh!t together! Picture-in-a-picture with a scroll at the bottom instead of pre-empting my JJ. So I didn't miss "My parents didn't pay tens of thousands of dollars to send me to law school to discuss a broom." That's gold, baby.

• Love 1

I'm not 100% sure what day that one aired here (we get 4 a day - 2 in the morning, and 2 in the afternoon - same channel, and anything new comes from the afternoon), but we watched it earlier in the week.

My husband got angry at the one a few days ago (that we think was a repeat) where a woman's little kid wasn't being watched and broke a dog's leg.  I disagreed with JJ on that one, but my husband got really irritated with the defendant, who was offended that the woman said the dog was like her child.  Yes, how dare some of us who aren't able to have children consider our pets to be like our kids.  (insert eye roll.....)

I don't know if I'm able to have children or not, but I certainly don't want any. Dogs are certainly a lot less work and less expensive. I don't have the patience to raise kids, which I learned when I had my niece living with me for one very long year. I don't call my dog my kid because I much prefer dogs to kids, and I wouldn't want to insult my dog. LOL.

• Love 6

I wasn't looking up until I heard JJ tell her to get a shawl. That shirt was inappropriate.

I do think the dog Plaintiffs were being vigilantes but you don't let your dog run loose. Especially a rescue dog you don't know the history of.

• Love 4

I hate that "My parents didn't send me to law school for..." spiel. Don't get pissy with the litigants, get pissy with your producers who keep picking these cases. You bitter old crank.

I don't get what she has to be bitter about. 45 MILLION DOLLARS A YEAR.

Oddly enough, I think just a couple of days ago she said to Byrd that she would pay them to do the job. I wish now that I could remember which case. Anyone else? Did I just dream it?

Edited by GussieK
  • Love 1

No, she DEFINITELY said she'd pay "them" to adjudicate some of these cases ("them" being the production company, I think.)

And the lady with the bazooms hanging out . . . I think she was just trying to show the defendant something he was never going to see again anywhere else.

• Love 4

"...and I really liked her hair color. .."

I did, as well. In the interest of full disclosure, I am a full-blown natural strawberry blond, have been all my life. BUT....long hair is not the best look on everyone. Keep in mind that length does not always equal beauty.

• Love 2

The thing that shocked me the most was that Go Get a Shawl Lady was only thirty years old!

The breed of the rescue dog who attacked the neighbors' dog was a presa canario.  That's the same breed as that pair of dogs who attacked and killed a woman in their apartment hallway in San Francisco about a decade ago.  Those animals can get enormous, they're bred to be guard dogs, and in the wrong hands, they're bred to fight.  If you're going to rescue a breed that's problematic in that way, you have a much greater responsibility to keep it under your control.  This didn't go well for either dog.

But I give the plaintiff a lot of credit for resourcefulness in "waterboarding" the attacking dog with her garden hose.  I don't know if I'd have had the presence of mind to think of that.

• Love 9

Yeah, JJ makes an obscene amount of money.

The case with the hillbillys and the Ms. Open Blouse was funny. The Defendant was just a plainspoken, country man, who didn't like the idea of another man with his woman. He shouldn't have hit the man's car, because that's bitchassness, but I get it. I might be a little more charitable because I just had a Jealous Boyfriend Moment. I heard my girlfriend on the phone with a guy, laughing a little too much. After she got off, I was like, "so who was that?" and she was like, "oh, my girlfriend's boyfriend was asking me what gift he should buy for their anniversary". So I felt silly for feeling jealous, but then I was like, "why the fuck were you chuckling so damn much?" and she started laughing and called me jealous. She also said my voice changed at first.

Anyway, jealousy is a motherfucker.

• Love 4

Oddly enough, I think just a couple of days ago she said to Byrd that she would pay them to do the job. I wish now that I could remember which case. Anyone else? Did I just dream it?

If you dreamed it, then we shared a dream!  lol  I *think* it was the one with the 'Mr. Slow Witted Mouth Breather' (thanks 6MeowMeowBeenz!) when she was setting him up to make a fool of himself. 

• Love 3

I wasn't looking up until I heard JJ tell her to get a shawl. That shirt was inappropriate.

I do think the dog Plaintiffs were being vigilantes but you don't let your dog run loose. Especially a rescue dog you don't know the history of.

The def's ex-girlfriend must not watch JJ - otherwise, she would have known that showing her giant cleavage (it was like a buttcrack on her chest) was so inappropriate. 

I muted the dog case because I knew it was yet another story of a pet being mauled, and I just can't handle those anymore. But before I hit the mute button, I heard the woman say it was a Presa Canario/Spanish bulldog. So, I googled it, and that breed looks incredibly strong. I know I'd find its looks intimidating in real life. Mondrianyone - that story about the woman in an apt. hallway is horrible.

Edited by CoolWhipLite
  • Love 2

The thing that shocked me the most was that Go Get a Shawl Lady was only thirty years old!

Thank you Judge Judy! I really thought she had long since given up telling these dumb cows to cover up their boobs when they appear, but this one, exposing her huge, droopy jugs nearly to the nipples, was just too much for her. And yeah, thirty?? OMG. I thought she was the same age as her ex-loverboy, Wimpy.

• Love 8

The litigants in the sober living facility were so messy. I think the blonde defendant destroyed some brain cells she won't ever get back.

The defendant in the dog mauling case must have thought she was on a different show. My mouth dropped open when she wanted to testify as to her dog's character.

• Love 4

The defendant in the dog mauling case must have thought she was on a different show. My mouth dropped open when she wanted to testify as to her dog's character.

And in the hallterview, the plaintiff said the dog was not put down because of this incident but because it attacked and killed a dog at the vet's office! (I guess when it was taken there after the incident with the plaintiff's dog.) Did I hear that right?

Edited by Spunkygal
  • Love 4

I remember that case with the dog that killed the woman in her hallway.  She was connected to the area where I live.

The dog owners were attorneys for the original owner, who was a with Aryan Brotherhood, and in jail.  He was trying to start a dog fighting ring, and those dogs were bred to be super-aggressive.

I remember one of their defenses was that the woman was having her "monthly", and it made the dogs go nuts.  She was bitten like 80 times on over 90% of her body.

• Love 2

And in the hallterview, the plaintiff said the dog was not put down because of this incident but because it attacked and killed a dog at the vet's office! (I guess when it was taken there after the incident with the plaintiff's dog.) Did I hear that right?

When I heard her say that, I wanted to know why she didn't get that information from the vet ?  JJ would have let the defendant have it with both barrels.

• Love 3

The recent dog mauling case by the Presa Canario dog has brought back to memory the infamous case where Diane Whipple was mauled by a dog of the same breed (Bane) for ten minutes outside the door to her apartment.  Banes mate (Hera) was present but it isn't known for sure if Hera participated in the attack.  Depending on which article you read, Bane weighed between 120 - 140 lbs.  Definitely large enough for an aggressive dog, bred to attack and kill, to complete the job.

The man who owned the dogs, Paul Schneider, was a high ranking member of the Aryan Brotherhood serving a life sentance.  His lawyers were Marjorie Knoller and her husband Robert Noel, and just days before the attack the couple had adopted the 38-year-old Schneider as their son.  (Yeah, that seems really strange to me, too.)

At trial, there was an abundance of evidence to prove that the couple did not have full control of the dogs.  A professional dog walker hired by the couple testified that she insisted that the dogs be muzzled when out of the apartment because of their aggressive nature towards other animals and people.  When the couple refused, the dog walker discontinued her services.  On the day the fatal attack occured, Majorie Knoller had taken Bane to the apartment roof to walk him, and when returning to the apartment he broke free after she opened the door to her apartment and attacked neighbor Diane Whipple.  That allowed the other dog, Hera, to escape from the apartment.  No one knows if Hera also bit Ms. Whipple, but she was circling around, barking, growling, and snapping.

It's estimated that it took at least ten minutes for Ms. Knoller to get both dogs into her apartment, but witnesses said that she spent the first few minutes just watching and yelling at the dogs.  Eventually Ms. Knoller got hold of Banes leash and pulled him into her apartment, then went back for Hera. 

By that point, Diane Whipple had sustained at least 77 bite marks to her body, and was bleeding out from deep bites and tears to her throat.  First responders thought she was dead when they arrived, but managed to keep her alive to reach the hospital.  Heroic measures failed to save her, Diane Whipple was pronounced dead soon after.

http://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/article/15-years-to-life-in-S-F-dog-maul-death-3268437.php

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_of_Diane_Whipple

• Love 4

I remember that case with the dog that killed the woman in her hallway.  She was connected to the area where I live.

The dog owners were attorneys for the original owner, who was a with Aryan Brotherhood, and in jail.  He was trying to start a dog fighting ring, and those dogs were bred to be super-aggressive.

I remember one of their defenses was that the woman was having her "monthly", and it made the dogs go nuts.  She was bitten like 80 times on over 90% of her body.

There was a 911 call from neighbor that came in during that dog attack.. it was horrible.. the caller was terrified to open her door, but you could hear the commotion in the hallway, the dog banging against the door and wall and the people screaming. The photographs too, blood all over.. the defendant and her husband were completely off the wall, refusing to admit the dogs were dangerous.  

• Love 4

Kinda like yesterday's defendant, who wanted to testify on the 'character of her dog' and insisted that the neighbors had lured her dangerous animal on their property.  Dog people are benignly crazy about their dogs - but some take it to a frightening, criminal, and sometimes deadly extreme.

• Love 3

The recent dog mauling case by the Presa Canario dog has brought back to memory the infamous case where Diane Whipple was mauled by a dog of the same breed (Bane) for ten minutes outside the door to her apartment. 

Yep - that's the one.  She spent some time in the area where I live, and it was all over the news here.  Just a strange and sad case all the way around.

• Love 2

Presas, Fila Brasiliero, Akbash dogs - all perfect in the environments for which they were bred -  guardians of vast ranches, sheep and cattle. Extremely dangerous in the hands of urban/suburban touchy-feely nitwits who think dogs are children and have no idea about these breeds, especially Filas who were actually bred to have an intense hatred of all and any strangers and will attack with no provocation - absolutely not suitable for the home. Someone who wants some sort of status symbol - get a 15 year old Mercedes, like other people do!

• Love 3

Interesting brother sister case. Idiot brother totals a car in sister's name, but thinks only the OWNER is responsible. How many times did he say that? If it was part of the drinking game we'd all be three sheets to the wind. Another cretin.

Both early shows were new to me, but unremarkable. Lots of "Good-Bye!" cases. And well-deserved.

DVR caught several eps yesterday, but NOT the dog (or shawl!) case. I will be glad when it all gets straightened out. Will have to wait for reruns, I guess.

Edited by SandyToes
  • Love 3

"Lydia, oh, Lydia

Oh, have you seen Lydia?

Oh, Lydia the squatting lady?"

Lydia is very big on principals. Sadly, paying her rent is not included in her lofty ideals. She's frightened living in the def's house - it's HELL! -  but still, she refuses to leave and she's saved enough by not paying rent to move, but won't. Principals, you see. Def. did seem challenged, with her "She was threat-tin-ing me" and continues to be taken advantage of by the mouthy, grifting, yet highly-principled plaintiff - our Lydia. If only she had some tats.

Daniel? Thirty two years old, hooks up with someone at a bus station (he was going to Portland for a week. Five days. One day. Whateveh!) and moved in with that person for who knows how long and now is claiming sexual harassement and money owed for, how many hours? Who knows? Daniel? Get a f'ing job, okay?

• Love 8

OH MY GOD I wanted to PUNCH Nadia Day!!! What an annoying, whiney, "It's the PRINCIPLE" sad-faced, smirking, demanding POS!  I cannot believe the dimwitted defendant who AGREED to let this slimeball live there rent free for a year (she was afraid).  So, on top of living there rent-free, the charming Nadia wanted to SUE FOR MONEY!! Gah!   What voracious children there are in this world!  Selfish, rude and rapacious.

Was it really Lydia?   I have to fix that then.

• Love 5

OH MY GOD I wanted to PUNCH Nadia Day!!! What an annoying, whiney, "It's the PRINCIPLE" sad-faced, smirking, demanding POS!

Strong feelings there, Brattinella?!  I am soo right there with you.  Criminy! What a piece of work.  I'll tell ya', based on what I've seen this week, I wonder if we have, in fact, slipped in to the "actor portrayal" zone. Do we still have real people and real cases? There have been some certifiable wackos on this show, but it seems like we've really hit the big time.  And it's not even sweeps!

I wonder if she's still living there with her principles. Can you imagine working with or employing her?  Oh, never mind...  If Toaster recaps this, she needs to assign it blood pressure pills instead of gavels. Or margaritas.

ETA: Hang on. Rewatching. They wrote up the rent free agreement so Nasty Nadya wouldn't sue the homeowner?  Isn't that extortion? Or Blackmail? And yet, here she is suing the owner! There are just not enough words!

Edited by SandyToes
  • Love 3

What the hell did I just see?? I could not make a lick of sense out of what the " matter of principle " woman was sueing her landlord for...harassment ?

Can any one enlighten me?

Edited by Eliza422

Eliza, it appeared to me that the Defendant (the owner) was terrified of the Plaintiff (and her friends) and she made that agreement under duress.   Understandable to me; she scared me too.  She had a LITTLE legalese terminology, and swallowed up her opposition. 

Her "Matter of Principle"  was GIVE ME THE MONEY!

• Love 3