Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: All Rise

Message added by Meredith Quill

Community Manager Note

Official notice that the topic of Sean DeMarco is off limits. If you have 1-on-1 thoughts to complete please take it to PM with each other.

If you have questions, contact the forum moderator @PrincessPurrsALot.  Do not discuss this limit to this discussion in here. Doing so will result in a warning. 

• Start Topic

I've been so poor I had no food in the house and only ate if I had a date that night, yet I managed to not to attack anyone or steal or deface anything. And I waited to have a child until I had a father for him and we could , you know, AFFORD him. What's wrong with me?

I have heard JJ say many times they have a whole department watching and reporting scammers to the proper authorities.  So I forgive her a LOT for that fact alone!

• Love 11

I wish JJ would do a "Where are they now?" or do an update episode like some of the other court shows do...with the number of scammers and crazies, and the number of times she says the episode will be sent to the proper department/authorities...

...Although the update format works better for the Divorce/Paternity Court format...

• Love 7

I wish JJ would do a "Where are they now?" or do an update episode like some of the other court shows do...

From research done by those on this forum, we've seen bad news regarding updates - no surprise there.  Murdered in prison, arrested for fraud, doing "modeling" on adult websites, etc. It's no wonder JJ gave up trying to help by giving advice to litigants, the way she used to. She knows most of them are lost causes.

• Love 3

I wish JJ would do a "Where are they now?" or do an update episode like some of the other court shows do...with the number of scammers and crazies, and the number of times she says the episode will be sent to the proper department/authorities...

...Although the update format works better for the Divorce/Paternity Court format...

She released a DVD set a while ago that had some of her favorite cases. Although she commented on them, I don't remember there being any follow-up information. 

ETA: I just looked it up on Amazon to make sure I wasn't crazy, and some fool is selling it for $150! I should put mine up there for $149.99! With so many of the episodes on Youtube, I haven't felt a need to watch my DVDs in a long time.

• Love 2

I have heard JJ say many times they have a whole department watching and reporting scammers to the proper authorities.  So I forgive her a LOT for that fact alone!

No kidding!  I had no idea.  Now I don't know if I was just being redundant or whether I should bill the show as an independent contractor.  I'm really happy to learn that they don't let these people slide on some of this scammery.  Thanks for the info!

(edited)

I've caught a few episodes lately & they've mostly been a big YAWN. I've been tuning in to the posts here though & I guess it's not just me----there are more meta-discussions than talk about actual episodes. I hope you folks don't lose interest---when the episodes are juicy, you guys really crack me up!!!

Edited by NowVoyager
  • Love 2

She released a DVD set a while ago that had some of her favorite cases. Although she commented on them, I don't remember there being any follow-up information. 

ETA: I just looked it up on Amazon to make sure I wasn't crazy, and some fool is selling it for $150! I should put mine up there for $149.99! With so many of the episodes on Youtube, I haven't felt a need to watch my DVDs in a long time.

And I'd offer $148.99.  And now I'm off to ebay for JJ DVDs...

• Love 1

I'm going to say it now, I think it's one of you who is Shannon Jones. AngelaHunter? Do you own a red tunic top and highlights and a slurred Boston accent and have cystic fibrosis and go to school and to church and volunteer and you usually know when you're going into the hospital and you have witnesses and all this evidence if we would just listen to you? Did you have five espresso shots? I BELIEVE YOU DID. There is absolutely no reason for that case to give me life like it did. At the end when she was like, "hold on! He got tickets..." and started pointing and stepped out in the aisle....I just hollered my whole ass off. I was talking to my girlfriend at work and she was like, "OMG breathe..." I can't help it. Shannon Jones makes me so happy and I believe it's AngelaHunter doing a character. There, I said it.

• Love 15
(edited)

In honor of Shannon Jones Day (or AngelaHunter Day?! Hmmmmm), our Judge Judy drinking game today is brought to you by the word "ESPRESSO" !  Woot! Lordy, I need a nap after her episode.

And 27bored, as much as I love your post, you used entirely too much punctuation. :-)  You are very close, though.  Hee!  Nice job.

Edited by SandyToes
  • Love 2
(edited)
Once, years ago, after watching some woman on JJ who was collecting SS disability for social anxiety so bad that she couldn't work--but could somehow manage her anxiety well enough to go on national TV and be quite vocal in stating her case--I wrote down her name and place of residence and then called SS and the IRS in Washington to report her.  Yes, I was nuts.  But she infuriated me, on behalf of all the people who don't know how to work the system but really need the help.  I'm a lot calmer now.  Most of the time.

This is so bad ass! I wish you had also reported the woman who was on disability for back pain/heart failure who couldn't stop popping out kids every nine months.

But yeah, the small sampling of knuckle-draggers who have no compunction about airing their petty grievances on national TV are not representative of the neediest Americans who depend on social programs to keep them alive and sheltered.

Is Shannon Jones the motormouth drug addict -- oh, so, espresso enjoyer -- rerunning again today? (My block hasn't started yet!) Because that was already rerun this summer! I wish JJ would dig back in the archives and start showing shows that are a decade old so we could once again revisit Egon Spangler and the lady who wrote the literary classic, Flame McBain.

ETA: Had to Google it, and yup. Still crazy after all these years.

Edited by Guest

CoolwhipLIte? That Judge Rinder clip? It doesn't seem to matter which part of the world you live in, the losers are just as fugly and  repulsive and the women just as desperate. It's a global emergency!

I really can't remember Flame McBain, but I see there's an "Ode to the Women of Judge Judy":

Flame Mc Bain
lit a match
under a muscular hunk.
She soon found this 'catch'
wasn't a match...
the guy was a pedigreed SKUNK.

Truly poetic.

• Love 3
Oooh, you'll have to find an episode of Judge Rinder.

Oh, wow! I never heard of him until I watched that clip - which was fantastic. Off to YouTube to finish out my Tuesday night!

I really can't remember Flame McBain

I can only remember the story of Flame McBain (that it was actually written and it was once on the Internet on a Geocities page) and the crazy "writer." I actually forget the details of the lawsuit -- which is yet another reason I wish they'd broadcast it again!

(edited)

Just watched Five Shots Shannon again. Who knew that having cystic fibrosis makes one defraud financial institutions and rack up $1,000 in traffic tickets? She really thinks that acting like Shirley Temple on crack is somehow cute I guess. I really hated her because she reminds me too much of an EX-friend of mine, the kind of person who makes me thankful every day that I don't hear from her.

We had the repeat of Gregory "Dirty" Sanchez, thief and lowlife. I really needed to know what happened so looked him up:

http://www.heraldextra.com/news/local/crime-and-courts/utah-county-s-most-wanted-man-who-appeared-on-judge/article_dd6ec56d-45c4-5652-aa99-4176d373766e.html

Okay, so I need to get a life. I wanted to find out about "Flame McBain". The "author" tried to make a blog but couldnt' quite get the hang of it:

http://flamemcbain.blogspot.ca/

She's waiting for Clive Barker's assistant to call her.

And here's the transcript from the ep. It's pretty funny. Starts a little over halfway down.

http://tv.ark.com/transcript/judge_judy/510/KPIX/Sunday_June_14_2009/57894/

Edited by AngelaHunter
  • Love 4

Damn, sorry boys and girls, but I just couldn't handle five shots of espresso without needing to be pried off the ceiling. At this point in time, watching JJ is all the excitement I can handle.

I was thinking yesterday she had five shots of a Redbull/ meth mix with a dollop of Fireball on the side. Girl was wacked out. I've had lung/ asthma problems in the past and the doctor has given me steroids and it does make me kinda wound up but not to the extent she was. . . could you imagine how tiresome being her friend would be?  

What ? Nobody mentioned my favorite of the day !! The insured/ not-insured guy that backed down the street and got hit in the front (but miraculously no damage in the front of his car, oh wait on the passenger front because apparently the car that flew down the street  at an "extremely high rate of speed" managed to sprout wings and fly onto the sidewalk and bash up his passenger front and then fly back off and drive away swiftly (perhaps that person had fives shots of that especialo Expresso Shannon was drinking that morning). I came home from work in the middle of the case and Judge Judy was laughing hysterically - made my afternoon. 

• Love 5

Mental Floss has some fun facts about Judge Judy and Officer Byrd today. (Never knew Johnny Rotten was once in her courtroom!)

Just watched Five Shots Shannon again. Who knew that having cystic fibrosis makes one defraud financial institutions and rack up $1,000 in traffic tickets? She really thinks that acting like Shirley Temple on crack is somehow cute I guess. I really hated her because she reminds me too much of an EX-friend of mine, the kind of person who makes me thankful every day that I don't hear from her.

We had the repeat of Gregory "Dirty" Sanchez, thief and lowlife. I really needed to know what happened so looked him up:

http://www.heraldextra.com/news/local/crime-and-courts/utah-county-s-most-wanted-man-who-appeared-on-judge/article_dd6ec56d-45c4-5652-aa99-4176d373766e.html

That's interesting - the article on Dirty Sanchez says that he never repaid his stepdaughter. I thought the JJ producers paid any monies awarded on the show? Is stepdaughter looking to get paid twice (by the show and by Stepdaddy Dearest)?

• Love 2
(edited)

the article on Dirty Sanchez says that he never repaid his stepdaughter.

I think that article was a little confused. JJ didn't order Sanchez to pay. She told the stepdaughter that when she reports the crime, she'll get her check, presumably from the show since Dirty doesn't have two nickels to rub together. It seems the girl didn't report it right away.

Quote(Never knew Johnny Rotten was once in her courtroom!)

Why, yes - yes, he was:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3L7xIJ3aDo

Edited by AngelaHunter
  • Love 2
(edited)
I was thinking yesterday she had five shots of a Redbull/ meth mix with a dollop of Fireball on the side. Girl was wacked out. I've had lung/ asthma problems in the past and the doctor has given me steroids and it does make me kinda wound up but not to the extent she was. . . could you imagine how tiresome being her friend would be? 

WHRUT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT ARE YOU KRIDDING ME?!

Also, note AngelaHunter never denied she's Shannon Jones. I'm just saying.

But seriously, I feel kind of bad for Shannon Jones. Like, I want to be her friend. I'm kind of a weirdo too and I feel like we could just be weird together. But yeah I just want to hug her and watch Cheaters and have her give me belly rubs and take long naps on the weekend where we alternate being the small spoon and go to Mexican restaurants. And we can just be two ratchet ass peas in a pod, in our own little world.

Edited by 27bored
That's interesting - the article on Dirty Sanchez says that he never repaid his stepdaughter.

Not only that, but, in JJ litigant tradition, he was also wanted for failure to have car insurance -- which comes to the absolute suprise of no one.

The video is private. Bummer.

I have one for sale for $149.99!

I did catch the rerun of espresso gal. I think you all have covered everything I'd have to say about that case. It was definitely one of my faves from last season, and I'm glad they re-aired it.

I'm getting episodes from 2012 at 11 am and 11:30 am every day, so I'm seeing some cases I either haven't seen or have completely forgotten.

I'm sure we've covered this before, but I'm curious about how many JJ eps air a day by location. In Southern AZ, I get four: two at 11 am and two at 6 pm. I also get two every Saturday or Sunday (not sure which day; they just show up on the DVR.)

Hi Teebax - Here on the Florida Gulf Coast with cable from Cox, we get two shows every weekday from 4-5 PM from WPMI (NBC) and two more shows from 8-9 PM from WJTC (UPN), both from Mobile. Even the shows on WJTC that Cox flags as "new" are just new for them, not the actual new shows. Looks like we don't get any Judge Judy on weekends here. Also, it is very common (mainly on reruns) that the cases I see do not match up with what I see discussed here (always seems like you guys get better ones than we get lol).

• Love 1

I live in central California and watch JJ from 4-6 pm on a local channel KAIL. Also airs old reruns on Saturday from 11-noon. Btw-JJ is never interrupted, this channel doesn't have a news team or sports.

• Love 1

Did today's case with the DuPont family make anybody else's head steam? The dude, who looked like he was about 5'4, was being jumped by a family of three, including the dad who looked like he was a foot taller.

The teen son whose face looked like a badly-shaved pubic situation looked like trouble. He wasn't at all upset about kicking the guy while his dad was on him. They're...gonna need bail for him in the future. In the present, though, they need to call Tinashe and have her give him some X-Out.

The mom was the most offensive one. She's a schoolteacher and she's out fighting in the street like a bitch on a Worldstar Video. You shouldn't have gotten out of the car if you didn't want to get hit. And to top all of it off, we all saw this chick run up to the car and say "he was trying to rape me!" That's...despicable, yo. You run up on Lil Tony Danza and get chin-checked, your husband and your son can handle it. But don't resort to something foul like saying he was trying to rape you because that's a full-circle fucking lie. I'm surprised JJ didn't touch that.

• Love 13
(edited)

I live in NYC and sometimes cannot figure out exactly what we get here. There are two episodes from 4-5 p.m. every day on the CBS affiliate. Sometimes they are both new shows and sometimes they are one new and one old. Then we get the same two episodes from 10-11 p.m on a different channel (TV10/55 on Long Island). I am almost positive that we used to get "classic" episodes on Saturday and Sunday morning from 5 a.m. to 6 a.m. and it was during that slot that I got all my "keeper" classic episodes like the cheeseballs, the posse that went to get little Ellen May Horvat from her father's farm, the hipster DJ who threw cat litter at the very odd hipster plaintiffs, the slapping at the Ladies Auxiliary conference, the cray cray make up artist/ganja girl.... and others that I cannot think of now. Sigh I lost them all to the click of death on my cable box hard drive. I have a new box now but the episodes that air in the early morning hours on weekends now-- I think-- are the same ones that are on the other two channels.

I have been relying on You Tube for old shows but it seems like every time I open You Tube what is here today is gone tomorrow.

Thanks AngelaHunter for the link! I have something to watch tomorrow while I'm cleaning the apartment. 

Sad. 

Edited by configdotsys
  • Love 2

Vickie D DuPont is not a school teacher in Fresno California. She is/was a substitute teachers aide. This story was covered by the newspaper and local news. I know many educators in the Fresno area. None of them know her. I asked.

• Love 7
(edited)

But seriously, I feel kind of bad for Shannon Jones. Like, I want to be her friend. I'm kind of a weirdo too and I feel like we could just be weird together. But yeah I just want to hug her and watch Cheaters and have her give me belly rubs and take long naps on the weekend where we alternate being the small spoon and go to Mexican restaurants. And we can just be two ratchet ass peas in a pod, in our own little world.

I cannot even breathe when I read this. . .  however I can't imagine anybody inhabiting 5 Shot Shannon's world for very long without wanting to pinch her head off and toss her out the window. Even with 5 Margaritas from that Mexican restaurant under the belt. 

I'm in South Florida and our "prime time" JJ is 4:00 PM and 4:30 PM M-F - but I have seen older cases run at 5:30 AM on the weekends. 

Edited by ItsHelloPattiagain
  • Love 1

I'm in central NJ, and we get JJ at 4:00 - 5:00 p.m. M-F on WCBS-2, the CBS affiliate in NYC on Cablevision.  The 4:00 ep is new, the 4:30 ep is a repeat (usually from the same season, but when each new season starts the repeat will be from the prior season). 

The same 2 eps also air 10-11 p.m. on TV10/55 from Riverhead, on the eastern end of Long Island.

TV10/55 in Riverhead airs 2 eps on Saturday and Sunday nights, 10-11 p.m.  These are usually from 3 or 4 seasons ago.  I've never noticed an attempt by them to show only what I would consider classic eps, such as Egon Spangler; Chatty Bratty; SugarMama vs. SuitStud; !AngryDad!; The Wrong Tamika; The Time-Travelling, Underwear-Stealing Brooklyn Hipster Lesbians; The TV-Throwing, Cat-Killing Baltimore Hipsters; or the Wisconsin Parking Lot Beatdown Girls (not to be confused with the Vancouver Pool Hall Beatdown Girls).  Or the legendary Quadrifecta! episode.

Did today's case with the DuPont family make anybody else's head steam?

Oh yes...I wish JJ had taken the opportunity to get crazy on them for parking in a handicapped zone. Not that the plaintiff should have done what he did because you just never know, but still. 

So manly, kicking a guy when he's held down. Be proud, mom and dad! 

I suspected she wasn't a real teacher, and am glad to have that confirmed. What a family of obnoxious entitled douchebags. 

• Love 7

What a family of obnoxious entitled douchebags.

Definitely, but tiny little plaintiff did an unbelievably stupid thing by freaking out, swearing and banging on the car window. He really could have died, had one of those kicks hit his temple. I too hate people who are so lazy and uncaring that they park in handicapped spaces, but what he should have done was inform the store owners or called the police.  Confronting total strangers in that manner is just dumb.

• Love 7

Was that defendant with the curlers in her hair really named Tashma Body?

Yes. I was thinking the same thing, that she forgot to take the giant rollers out of her hair, if giant rollers even exist anymore. Maybe they're too tight, which may explain why she can't drive without running into a brick wall.

• Love 2

she forgot to take the giant rollers out of her hair

LOL, those weren't rollers.  She had twists braids, rolled into balls with some type of adornment clipped to the balls.

• Love 2

Anyone know when we're getting new shows?

Not soon enough, although they've been picking good ones for the repeats.

Definitely, but tiny little plaintiff did an unbelievably stupid thing by freaking out, swearing and banging on the car window. He really could have died, had one of those kicks hit his temple. I too hate people who are so lazy and uncaring that they park in handicapped spaces, but what he should have done was inform the store owners or called the police.  Confronting total strangers in that manner is just dumb.

Absolutely. I have no idea what he was thinking. Regardless of his size, there are way too many crazies out there to be running around confronting everyone who breaks the rules. He came off like a complete jackass, and I think JJ said something to that effect.

I recently read about a road rage case in which a driver got pissed off at driver and followed him home. Well, the dude who'd been followed home shot the pursuer to death. There are very few things out there that are more important to me than my life. If someone is doing the wrong thing, you can report them and move on.

• Love 3

Absolutely. I have no idea what he was thinking. Regardless of his size, there are way too many crazies out there to be running around confronting everyone who breaks the rules. He came off like a complete jackass

My now EX offered to take my friend and her daughter to the doctor while I was out of town. He honked at somebody randomly and the guy flipped him off - so he flew ahead of the guy and cut him off - then the two of them played a game of Quien Es Mas Macho for several miles, cutting each other off, honking and flipping the bird (all with my friend and her daughter in the car) until he got to the hospital and was finally persuaded to pull in and drop them off. (another of the myriad reasons he's an EX). Here in S. Florida road rage is deadly. 

• Love 3

Regardless of his size, there are way too many crazies out there to be running around confronting everyone who breaks the rules.

Right. Really, did plaintiff think that running up to strangers and confronting them in a belligerent manner, with cursing, was going to have a positive outcome? I'm not a violent, overly-entitled douchebag (like defendants) but even I would not take kindly to that approach.

Today we had a rerun I hadn't seen (probably pre-empted because it was raining, snowing or very foggy) of the utterly nasty, skanky bitch with way too much blue eyeshadow and her witness who seemed to think JJ really wanted to look at her overly abundant cleavage. Maybe she was going to the opening of a new nightclub after the show. Who knows? All that interested me way more than her complaint - she was homeless after leaving Grandma's, yet left 5K worth of shit at landlord's house... got arrested for fist-fighting some other skank, yadda, yadda.

• Love 2

Anyone know when we're getting new shows?

New shows usually start after Labour Day.

For me, in Canada, I get the Boston CBS and UPN stations for my court show fix. the CBS station shows the 'new' eps around 4pm Eastern (I'm in the Atlantic Time Zone so I'm an hour later) and the classic shows around noon. Plus the Late Night Classic Classic Judy late Sunday/Early Monday. 

Of course, since I'm on the Boston station, the 4PM period seems to be when they want to interrupt with the Storm of the Day. So instead of seeing Judy, I get home and find I've PVR'ed an hour worth of the Weatherman orgasming over the latest storm to hit New England. *sigh* (Seriously, I think every comedian has a set with TV Weathermen getting excited over storms)

• Love 2

It's always interesting to watch JJ being gentle with people with obvious issues.  That young guy today should never have been brought before her court, what were his parents thinking?

I thought the same thing when I watched that episode. That young man obviously had frailties. You're right JJ took a softer approach with him (well, softer for her). It was sad to see JJ and the litigant have a talk about how he shouldn't be mixing his meds with alcohol...his demeanor during the conversation seemed to show that he's got a tough life, behavioral impulses that interfere with his ability to function, and a sad familiarity with having to apologize for things (that are most likely a manifestation of his diagnosed disorders and his compliance issues with meds). When that family was approached by the show's team, they should have declined the invitation.

• Love 1