Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: All Rise

Message added by Meredith Quill

Community Manager Note

Official notice that the topic of Sean DeMarco is off limits. If you have 1-on-1 thoughts to complete please take it to PM with each other.

If you have questions, contact the forum moderator @PrincessPurrsALot.  Do not discuss this limit to this discussion in here. Doing so will result in a warning. 

• Start Topic

Today was a repeat with a litigant who I personally found to be one of the most repulsive ever. HATED the smirking Gary - loser for life -  56 years old, who has a 4 year old child with his idiotic girlfriend and cannot drive without getting his license suspended. He also couldn't scrape up 200$ "all at once" to start repaying his father- in-law - ooops, I mean his stupid girlfriend's FIL... stepfather?... father. 50K bail for traffic violations? Whatever, you tool. It was amazing how the plaintiffs, who seemed like lovely people, could have such a ridiculous, dumb daughter. The fact that Gary was so smug over being such a loser at his age bugged me no end.

When that family was approached by the show's team, they should have declined the invitation.

They should have, but they really, really wanted money to work on their old beater POS car, I mean their future valuable classic vee-HICK-le. Very important, you know.

Edited by AngelaHunter
  • Love 4

Today was a repeat with a litigant who I personally found to be one of the most repulsive ever. HATED the smirking Gary - loser for life -  56 years old, who has a 4 year old child with his idiotic girlfriend and cannot drive without getting his license suspended. He also couldn't scrape up 200$ "all at once" to start repaying his father- in-law - ooops, I mean his stupid girlfriend's FIL... stepfather?... father. 50K bail for traffic violations? Whatever, you tool. It was amazing how the plaintiffs, who seemed like lovely people, could have such a ridiculous, dumb daughter. The fact that Gary was so smug over being such a loser at his age bugged me no end.

They should have, but they really, really wanted money to work on their old beater POS car, I mean their future valuable classic vee-HICK-le. Very important, you know.

Seriously, one of the worst litigants ever!  Trying the 'chuckle chuckle chuckle' to pull one over on JJ, too!  Not falling for it, thickness!  Gah!

And $50k for bail?  That's WAY more than traffic violations!

• Love 5
Today was a repeat with a litigant who I personally found to be one of the most repulsive ever. HATED the smirking Gary - loser for life -  56 years old, who has a 4 year old child with his idiotic girlfriend and cannot drive without getting his license suspended. He also couldn't scrape up 200$ "all at once" to start repaying his father- in-law - ooops, I mean his stupid girlfriend's FIL... stepfather?... father. 50K bail for traffic violations? Whatever, you tool. It was amazing how the plaintiffs, who seemed like lovely people, could have such a ridiculous, dumb daughter. The fact that Gary was so smug over being such a loser at his age bugged me no end.

Me too! I have a theory that he wanted her mother to take their four-year-old out for the day so he could get some. But that's the bullshit in me. His girlfriend also kind of annoyed me. She seems like a sweet lady, but her babe-in-the-woods act would grate on my nerves. If I'm riding dirty, I like for my woman to be riding shotgun.

Speaking of which, as a sidenote, is it ratchet to twerk in your car to Chief Keef "I Don't Like" while your girlfriend throws $1s at you while you're waiting on your order at Sonic? My, uh, friend wants to know.

Edited by 27bored
  • Love 3

Today was a repeat with a litigant who I personally found to be one of the most repulsive ever. HATED the smirking Gary - loser for life - 56 years old, who has a 4 year old child with his idiotic girlfriend and cannot drive without getting his license suspended. He also couldn't scrape up 200$ "all at once" to start repaying his father- in-law - ooops, I mean his stupid girlfriend's FIL... stepfather?... father. 50K bail for traffic violations? Whatever, you tool. It was amazing how the plaintiffs, who seemed like lovely people, could have such a ridiculous, dumb daughter. The fact that Gary was so smug over being such a loser at his age bugged me no end.

I wanted to throttle him during the hallterview. Everyone else said how they just wanted to go back to being a loving family again; he kept saying things will never be the same. He's a shit-stirrer! So, he's broke & he doesn't get along with his gf's lovely parents? I don't get what the co-defendant ever saw in him.

• Love 2

Thank you, JJ Hallterview editors for a much-needed laugh today!

(In an authoritative voice) "I was diagnosed with a strain of the trapezius."

(Way too serious) "Uh, I am not a doctor, sir."

(Cut to the defendant stating the obvious) "He doesn't even know what that is."

I also had a good chuckle when JJ said said she didn't care if his fake note was signed by a priest, a pope or a rabbi.

Edited by NowVoyager
  • Love 4

So, he's broke & he doesn't get along with his gf's lovely parents? I don't get what the co-defendant ever saw in him.

Well, she didn't seem especially heavy in the brains department, but "What did she see in him?" is a question we could ask probably 90% of the female plaintiffs on this show. When she said that if she paid her parents the other $200, she'd have no money for food, gas, etc. I was wondering just what the princely Gary contributes.

• Love 3

Well, she didn't seem especially heavy in the brains department, but "What did she see in him?" is a question we could ask probably 90% of the female plaintiffs on this show. When she said that if she paid her parents the other $200, she'd have no money for food, gas, etc. I was wondering just what the princely Gary contributes.

Gary is probably " very well endowed".

• Love 2

Today was a repeat with a litigant who I personally found to be one of the most repulsive ever. HATED the smirking Gary - loser for life -  56 years old, who has a 4 year old child with his idiotic girlfriend and cannot drive without getting his license suspended.

OMG Angela Hunter get OUT OF MY HEAD!!! I couldn't imagine how I could have disliked him more, but I sure did on the second go round. He's one of those guys with a huge chip on his shoulder - Hello, Buddy, we don't like you because you're a self-serving smirking idiot!!! No other reason!

And now I must go and lie on my fainting couch because I have a strain of my trapezius, y'all. Please fix me a sweet tea and bring me my remote so I can watch my stories. (like I believe the ER doctor wrote this guy a letter - most likely the guy composed the letter on his phone and had his secretary fax it over while he was being "treated")

• Love 4

Gary is probably " very well endowed".

You may be right. That, and/or merely having a pulse seems to the only criteria for most of the women we see, both here and on TPC.  I guess I can dig it. "He's a broke-ass wise guy loser with warrants for _______ , owes a zillion dollars in back child support, has smacked me more than once and wants me to get a car/motorcycle/50" TV and a cell phone for him in my name? Why, sure! He's hung like a horse and I'm terminally desperate."

It doesn't take much to make some people happy, I guess.

Hello, Buddy, we don't like you because you're a self-serving smirking idiot!!! No other reason!

I bet the parents cry every day when they think of the useless POS their dumb daughter hooked up with.

Edited by AngelaHunter
  • Love 2

I saw via DVR a woman who borrowed $3000.00 from a co-worker to get her imaginary boyfriend home from Maylasia who bought NOTHING to support anything she had to say.  Also - her employment history was a model for all to follow. Did they ever say what she did at St. Judes?

• Love 2

I saw via DVR a woman who borrowed $3000.00 from a co-worker to get her imaginary boyfriend home from Maylasia who bought NOTHING to support anything she had to say.

Yeah, but to her everlasting credit, she gave me something to say.  When she was explaining her relationship with the plaintiff, she said that they'd hang around at work talking about all kinds of things, like what was going on in their lives with their "insufficient others."  And not Byrd, not JJ, no one seemed to catch that.  But it's now what I'm going to call my husband for the rest of eternity.  (He loves it, too.)

Edited by Mondrianyone
  • Love 5

And not Byrd, not JJ, no one seemed to catch that.

I think they probably did, but so heinous were the other actions of Antz Woman they decided her malapropisms weren't worth harping on. Besides, if she does have any "other" I have no doubt that he's insufficient.

I hope that terminally naive plaintiff learned a good lesson.

• Love 1

I wish that JJ had a clue about how poor people live. Many poor people can not have bank accounts because of the fees unless one keeps a mimimun balance of about 2k.  Same thing with people who live in substandard housing, it is not easy to move if your income is very low. I think that JJ feels that everyone lives in her privdledge world and should behave the way she would.

• Love 4

I agree, but I think that with most of the plaintiffs she sees it's hard to separate the person who is poor from the person that is a freaking idiot / lowlife.  Many that we see who are "poor" manage to have many luxuries that the rest of us do without.  It's hard to justify not moving and claiming you couldn't afford it while suing the landlord for $5,000 worth of property (including flat screen TVs and multiple gaming systems).  Not being able to prove that you paid your rent and leaving behind tons of damage when you do move are other dumbass moves that plaintiffs want JJ (and us) to swallow.  I don't think that we see too many truly poor people as litigants on any of the court shows. 

• Love 2

I wish that JJ had a clue about how poor people live. Many poor people can not have bank accounts because of the fees unless one keeps a mimimun balance of about 2k.  Same thing with people who live in substandard housing, it is not easy to move if your income is very low. I think that JJ feels that everyone lives in her privdledge world and should behave the way she would.

JJ definitely doesn't know what it's like to be poor. But, in her defense, she deals with a high percentage of people who are scam artists who are just full of bad decisions. After a while, I think all her litigants look like "hustlas" to her.

I've posted on here several times that one thing JJ does that bothers me is insists that people can just move at the drop of a hat. I agree with you that it's unreasonable to think everyone can just do that. When she starts screaming, "A-Move!," I turn her off. I feel the same way about her "My America" comments. But I keep watching because, more often than not, I agree with her. Some people really need the smackdowns she gives them.

• Love 4

JJ definitely doesn't know what it's like to be poor. But, in her defense, she deals with a high percentage of people who are scam artists who are just full of bad decisions. After a while, I think all her litigants look like "hustlas" to her.

Let's see. . . I see people on JJ full of tattoos (my son in law got a partial arm tattoo that was $150. Some of the JJ folk have those big out chest tattoos and I can't imagine they are cheap). Likewise LOTS of jewelry, big hair-dids or wigs or weaves. Lots of acrylic nails. Even if you do them yourself or get your best friend's cousin's babysitter's auntie to do them (and trade you out with a cheap $150 car) you have to buy the supplies and keep up on them.  I NEVER see anybody on there with what we call the "Obama cell phones" (the cheap ones that you can barely text on - everybody has an Iphone). Likewise if my house burned down, I'd be out a couple of $200 TVS, my work laptop (which is five years old and cost $379 brand new), and an Ipad (bought used four years ago for $200). No game system with loads of expensive games, 60 inch TV, leather sofa, etc). But hey my bills get paid every month on time and I have a few bucks in the bank in case my paycheck is late. 

Let's face it. . . lots of the JJ folk use poor judgement - they gotta have stuff NOW instead of waiting. Everybody wants an Iphone but nobody wants to pay the bill (particularly if it's in your buddy's name). They bounce checks so they end up without bank accounts and have to pay check cashing fees. They get bad credit from buying cheap crappy cars because they can say they drive a Mercedes or a Jag (even if it's 25 years old with 2 billion miles). 

• Love 9

But hey my bills get paid every month on time and I have a few bucks in the bank in case my paycheck is late.

In the bank? Why don't you keep your cash in your underwear drawer or in your socks the way sensible people do?

They get bad credit from buying cheap crappy cars because they can say they drive a Mercedes or a Jag (even if it's 25 years old with 2 billion miles).

Now, now... sometimes they buy much newer cars and just don't make any payments then sue the repo company because, "Just because I didn't pay for it doesn't mean they can take it back."

All kidding aside, I agree with every word of your post.

• Love 1

Many poor people can not have bank accounts because of the fees unless one keeps a mimimun balance of about 2k.  

Many poor people should do their banking at a credit union where there are no fees. But many poor people are resigned to being victims instead of finding solutions to their problems and improving their situations. Everyone in this country has the freedom to win and the freedom to lose... And we know where most of the litigants on JJ fall in that equation. 

Being tattoo-less, I didn't know that they were that much. ($150 can easily buy a week's worth of groceries for my family----and I mean groceries like raw meat that you have to cook yourself, fresh veg and fruit, eggs, etc.)

Being the hopeful optimist that I am ;-), maybe they get their electronics on Black Friday? You know, they line up at Walmart or Best Buy at 6 AM the wednesday before Thanksgiving, taking turns holding their place in line, then when the store opens, they are among the crowd barreling through the store grabbing whatever electronic stuff they can grab?

• Love 1

maybe they get their electronics on Black Friday? You know, they line up at Walmart or Best Buy at 6 AM the wednesday before Thanksgiving

For a lot of JJ litigants, this is easy, they just stop by on the way home from the clubs, that timing works out fine.

• Love 5

Being the hopeful optimist that I am ;-), maybe they get their electronics on Black Friday?

I think they mostly get them at Best Buy, on someone else's credit and then don't make the payments. Sometimes they use rent-to-own, where a $600 dollar TV ends up costing $1200, but it doesn't matter since they don't make those payments either.

Was yesterday's boring ep with the Boring Boys and their boring rental problems new?

Edited by AngelaHunter
  • Love 2

Many poor people can not have bank accounts because of the fees unless one keeps a minimum balance of about 2k.

I bank at Chase and have a free checking account because I have a direct deposit  - those getting any government monthly payments could easily get one. Likewise there are credit union or even stuff like Bluebird where people can have their paychecks deposited onto a prepaid card at Walmart. (I read something where more and more people do their banking at Walmart - cash checks, deposit money on cards, pay bills, etc). However they gotta act responsibly. You write a check for $200 when you got $29 in your account and the fees will kill you. I think of those financial programs where they make you put your cash in separate envelopes so you can stay on budget. 

Way back in the day I bought something at Fingerhut - now I still get their catalogs years later - and the Mixmaster my kids got me for Xmas one year that cost around $299 was something like $597 in their catalog (but hey, monthly payments, kids!) The Rent-To-Own places are horrible - $1200 worth of payments for a $400 laptop. But it's the gotta have it now movement. 

• Love 5

Once upon a time, there were banks on almost every corner of every busy intersection in most metropolitan areas. But I notice in my own area (north of Detroit) that the branches are fewer and far between, and many of the banks I did business with in the 1990s have now gone belly-up. So there was a time when I (who'd had a bank account as a child that my Mom had opened for me, and also a credit union account that I'd opened in 1980) was without a bank account of any type, thanks to financial institutions closing and the minimum deposit/monthly charges required at the few branches near my house. Yeah, I was one of those that JJ scoffs at/doubts who cashed her paycheck at the bank from which my payroll checks were issued and kept the money in an envelope at home, not in a bank. Eventually when I accumulated enough to call a "savings account" I did get a new bank account.

But I admit that I'm one of those who "tsk-tsks" at JJ litigants whose only source of income is public assistance, yet they're sporting elaborate tattoos and professional fingernails and always have a smart phone at the ready to show a text message as evidence. The folks in question are young enough that we know they didn't get inked five or more years ago when they might have been more financially flush. (By the way, I'm also one of those people that JJ would immediately say "I don't believe you!" because I don't have a cell phone, much less a smart one. My husband has one, and that's all we can afford. I often wonder how these teens we see not only on JJ but on COPS and other reality shows can afford not only an iPhone, but also the monthly payments.)

• Love 4

By the way, I'm also one of those people that JJ would immediately say "I don't believe you!" because I don't have a cell phone, much less a smart one.

I don't have one either. I did, but decided it wasn't important enough to justify the monthly payments that all the broke-ass, Sec8, public assistance litigants don't seem to mind at all, well, when they actually do pay.  Can't blame them - they "like-ded" the $300 phone, so of course they should have it.

• Love 3

I don't have one either. I did, but decided it wasn't important enough to justify the monthly payments that all the broke-ass, Sec8, public assistance litigants don't seem to mind at all, well, when they actually do pay.  Can't blame them - they "like-ded" the $300 phone, so of c

Wow

Edited by Taylorh2

These landlord/tenant cases just terrify me. As a landlord here in NYC I'm always scared of getting one of these tenants that come up with "key money" and quit paying rent. The general feeling is because they are in between jobs, just lost a job, have other bills, going thru some things or whatever the hell suits them, they don't have to pay. AND THEN THEY WONT LEAVE!!!.

NYC is very tenant friendly. Just try and get someone evicted. I double dog dare you. The courts don't want you to put out the elderly, tenants w kids, single people, tall people, ugly people. It doesn't matter. Just give them more time to screw you over and fall behind in your mortgage payments. It's insane! And for my trouble I can't lock em out, can't deny em heat or hot water or anything. So I pay to keep them in comfort while they shove it right up my ass.

Can you tell I'm in the middle of eviction proceedings right now? She's old, so the judge wants me to be patient. Give her some more time. Uh huh. I'll tell that to the mortgage company on the first.

• Love 9

What it boils down to is that the people who claim poverty on JJ don't accurately reflect actual people who are living in spirit crushing poverty and doing their best to stay afloat, any more than the ones who claim to be students, teachers, or any other type of professional accurately reflect those groups.  It's easy to start thinking that the douchebags we see in JJ's courtroom are the norm.

I'm a teacher in NJ and I have dealt with families who are living in poverty, working whatever jobs they can get, and legitimately need help.  I've also dealt with families who are playing the system.  I've bought (boughten?) coats for kids who needed them.  Most families appreciate it because their kid needed a coat.  One mother returned the coat to Target for the $40 and her kid continued to wear a hoodie on negative wind chill temperature days.  That's the type of family that will eventually end up in JJ's courtroom.

• Love 12

These landlord/tenant cases just terrify me.

Me too, and where I live the laws also heavily favour tenants, even if they're just squatters. My husband once bought an income property (without my permission - imagine!) and visions of deadbeats, trashed house, and non-stop harassment made my blood run cold. The house was sold before anyone moved into it. We lost money, but at least I could sleep at night.

Watching JJ makes me wonder that anyone has the courage to be landlord.

• Love 3

There were a couple of firsts for me yesterday.   

#1 - JJ  spoke directly to the camera/television audience acknowledging  that we know she has seen more than hundreds of tenant/landlord cases. (vs. the usual  "the millions watching" reference addressed to the courtroom in general)

#2 - Sending Byrd out of the courtroom to get an motorcycle blue book.  (She felt safe with the two Duck Dynasty cousins)

#2 brings up another" inquiring minds want to know"  question.  How many blue books does Byrd have there - in addition to the crossword and sudoku books?  JJ implied there were a number of them.

• Love 2

Me too, and where I live the laws also heavily favour tenants, even if they're just squatters

It costs money to evict people and it costs money to keep them in the house. The man who owns the townhouse next to me ended up with a hoarder the first time he tried playing landlord requiring extensive repair of the place (and now I have to pay for a permanent monthly exterminator thanks to all the roaches they left behind). The second family ended up to be even worse - the minor teenage son turned out to be a drug dealer with a gun and brought all his friends to his crib to smoke weed in the gargate all day and steal from the neighbors all night (the cops were there over ten times, only called by me once) , his mother stopped paying rent and once they finally left, he was stuck with over $4000 of damage. He says he was "trying to be nice" at the end but it blew up in his face.

Brooklynista, I'm so sorry for your landlord troubles. There's no WAY I would be a landlord. 

What scares me even more are the JJ cases where people find roommates on Craigslist. How could a person have a total stranger in their house with them? 

• Love 4
...the JJ cases where people find roommates on Craigslist. How could a person have a total stranger in their house with them?

What baffles me is the number of people over the age of 30 who live in a room in someone's house. Possibly marginally better than a van by the river, but I do wonder. 

• Love 6

What scares me even more are the JJ cases where people find roommates on Craigslist. How could a person have a total stranger in their house with them?

What baffles me is the number of people over the age of 30 who live in a room in someone's house. Possibly marginally better than a van by the river, but I do wonder.

I had to do that one time, because I literally had no other option.  It did not turn out well.  I had to leave as quickly as possible.  The guy I was renting from was separated from his wife (whom, ironically, I knew, but didn't know when I rented the place that the guy was her husband), and she came back to him and they got into a huge fight one night and he pulled the big screen TV over with a loud crash that scared the heck out of me.  He was also renting out another bedroom to a woman who was crazy, to say the least.  He was trying to get her out, so he shut off all of the electricity in the house, inconveniencing me, as well as her.

• Love 3

that we know she has seen more than hundreds of tenant/landlord cases.

I immediately thought, "Hundreds? Way more than that" so when she spoke into the camera it was almost a Twilight Zone moment for me.

I know my hearing is not the greatest, but am I only one who could understand only maybe every fourth word from Carolyn, the ungrateful, entitled squatter, who probably hasn't paid for her own lodgings in many decades? Poor niece, who worked hard and let her aunt squat free for years, being left with a mess, never being paid and then getting sued in exchanged for her kindness. I know that house looked as though it needs to be bulldozed, but still.

She felt safe with the two Duck Dynasty cousins)

Just saw that. Haha! Those morons - one of them can't drive without going to jail and the other can't drive without crashing into an inanimate object.

Edited by AngelaHunter
  • Love 2

I know my hearing is not the greatest, but am I only one who could understand only maybe every fourth word from Carolyn, the ungrateful, entitled squatter, who probably hasn't paid for her own lodgings in many decades? 

I was confused by her witness (?), who was asked by Judge Judy if he was Carolyn's boyfriend. I think he may have said no, but I'm not sure....and who knows why he was there. Maybe he was one of those along-for-the-ride friends who pop up on JJ. Then Carolyn said that she never had a "boyfriend," it was a friend who oversaw all of her bills (that she wasn't paying anyway). 

• Love 3

Today I caught a rerun of a long-winded, young plaintiff telling the story of how her ex-boyfriend jumped on her (?)Grandmother's car. I kinda believed her, but I get why JJ dismissed the case due to her lack of credibility. She was soo tedious & rambling & immature in her testimony. She said she has 6 or 7 Grandmothers!?! WTH? Her vocal inflections suggested she was not to be believed, plus the old car was already riddled with dents & scratches worse than what the bf likely inflicted.

There was another old car case---one lady bumped into another car while parallel parking. The funny bit was the plaintiff's witness saying the defendant "mule-kicked" the car in retaliation. The mental image of the attractive, professional-looking defendant losing her shit on that car first thing in the morning just tickled me so! (Please don't judge me.)

Edited by NowVoyager
  • Love 5

She was soo tedious & rambling & immature in her testimony

You mean the 21 year old "We wuz" student with odd piercings and a badly glued Halloween wig? I wonder what kind of grades she gets. She's not sure how many grandmothers she has which must make for interesting family gatherings.

• Love 1

Today I caught a rerun of a long-winded, young plaintiff telling the story of how her ex-boyfriend jumped on her (?)Grandmother's car. 

It was funny to see how Grandma's expression changed over the course of the case. By the end, she looked completely fed up with the simpleminded plaintiff. In the hallterview, she seemed to be annoyed with herself (she said something like, "at the time, I believed everything she told me").....then she swore off lending cars to her grandkids. That was one of those cases where the defendant could have won without saying a word.

• Love 4

Today I caught a rerun of a long-winded, young plaintiff telling the story of how her ex-boyfriend jumped on her (?)Grandmother's car.

Even better the second time around. Apparently everybody has put up with her cutesy "and whatever" act for too long. I wanted to DVR this and show it to my niece and say "THIS is what not getting an education and being preoccupied with boys makes you sound like!!! an IDIOT!!!"

• Love 8

Wow! The defendants in one of today's cases are such stereotypes. The kid was playing hockey and knocked an opponent, who is much smaller, down to the ice. The little kid pretty much landed on his head and was knocked out cold. The whole thing was on video yet the Father, Michael Joslewski, insists it was incidental contact and part of the game. Uh, NO, it wasn't incidental. In the interview after the judgement (for the plaintiff's medical bills) Joslewski smirked and said the other kid should take up ballet. What a total dick. His own kid admitted to pushing the other player, which is NOT incidental contact. He's lucky the little kid didn't break his neck! I feel sorry for the bigger kid, to have an asshole like that for a father!,

• Love 8

His own kid admitted to pushing the other player, which is NOT incidental contact. He's lucky the little kid didn't break his neck! I feel sorry for the bigger kid, to have an asshole like that for a father!,

Part of the fun of JJ reruns is pulling that slow wick of anger right back out when I see the idiots for the second time. I think "wow did I really dislike that guy that much the first time? " and the answer is always "HELL YEA!!!!!"  I wanted to fly through the TV and punch Hockey Denial Dad right in the snozzola. I'm sure I will be seeing his kid in a few years sniveling with snot running down his face on an episode of Beyond Scared Straight for being a bully, while some felon with a thousand tattoes and three teeth is yelling in his face. Nice job creating a baby bully, Dad. 

• Love 7

Hockey dad is one of my favorite hate watches. I think he's Joe the Plumber's campaign manager, he's just that stupid. 

Listen, Father of the Year...if someone on a professional team did that, THEY WOULD BE PENALIZED. Therefore, it is not an accepted part of the game. It happens, but it's punished. And if a player injures someone deliberately, it's severely punished, not just two minutes in the box. 

• Love 3

Nice job creating a baby bully, Dad.

The only person I felt a twinge of pity for is Baby Bully. His dad is a garden-variety, meat-headed, ignorant dick. You just know he's the type to tell his kid to get out there and destroy the other kids and taunts him and calls him a sissy if he doesn't. Repulsive man.

• Love 6

Baby Bully seemed so terrified.  I'm sure part of it was that he was on TV and JJ was asking him questions, but he seemed terrified when JJ caught the contradictions in what was basically (heh) his dad's coached testimony coming out of his mouth.  I wonder how dad reacted once the cameras were off.

• Love 4

While I'm usually very content to watch reruns, today is the first time I ever had to turn the show off. I just could not deal with the butchered and mangled English spewing out of the litigants' mouths like vomit. My high school English teachers must be spinning in their graves.

• Love 4

Re:  The couple that kept yelling at each other. 

JJ didn't want to hear anything because they'd been living together 7 years, but the TV in question seemed to be recently purchased.  I thought that she either should have made the guy return the TV to her or made him pay for it since she was still on the hook for the payments.  I get why she doesn't want to invest too much time unraveling entanglements for people playing house, but that seemed cut and dry.

I loved when the plaintiff told the defendant he was going to hell and he said "See ya there!".

• Love 4

I get why she doesn't want to invest too much time unraveling entanglements for people playing house, but that seemed cut and dry.

But who knows if, over the years, he'd paid for things she still has? If people want a really equitable division of property, debts, etc. they should get married. I can't imagine anyone going over all the expenses of who paid for what during years of playing house and figuring out who paid for every item and who owes what. Get married next time, before you start pooling resources and mixing up bank accounts. It's really ridiculous.

• Love 3