Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: All Rise

Message added by Meredith Quill

Community Manager Note

Official notice that the topic of Sean DeMarco is off limits. If you have 1-on-1 thoughts to complete please take it to PM with each other.

If you have questions, contact the forum moderator @PrincessPurrsALot.  Do not discuss this limit to this discussion in here. Doing so will result in a warning. 

• Start Topic

So today we had yet again a case of

JJ: "Do you have insurance?"

Ridiculous earringed def: "Yes."

JJ: "Did you have it then?

RED: "Yes."

JJ: "Did you have insurance (on the day of the accident?)

RED: "Uhh...no."

Sell the freaking earrings and pay your damned insurance, you stupid, lying asshole.

QuoteAlice the Goon.

QuoteSeriously, you kill me!

Don't tell me you didn't see the resemblance!

HDQGPSH.jpg

• Love 4

there were no fold lines in his shirt (don'cha love when they take the shirt right out of the package on the way to the taping?

Yep, I have noticed this a lot of times, usually the new shirt is about three sizes too big when the wearer is a druggie of some kind. Meanwhile, it may be just me but I think I have found googley-eyes' younger sister on another show, but I can't insert a picture here - the url is file:///c:/tempc/JB.jpg  but it doesn't show up when I try to post it.

• Love 2

He has similar length hair to my son, not long enough for a pony tail but hanging in his face, the headband was probably so Judy could see him

I'm betting Mom suggested it. She seemed like a smart lady.

• Love 2

Googly Eyes!  I found her, all my ownself! (Lhasa Apso vs. PIt Bulls and some Mercedes car flap.)   Although, watching the Mercedes case, it was hard to tell who was googlier - Googly Eyes, or the Plaintiff.

When I saw this I thought the plaintiff was Googly Eyes sister.

• Love 1

So. . .  did JJ reference Judge Marilyn Milian from People's Court on her show? I caught her saying something about (and I'm paraphrasing) "as somebody says, this isn't my first rodeo". Judge Marilyn ALWAYS says this when people are trying to sneak something past her (which of course never happens).  I would assume "her people" watch the other shows but I thought Judge Judy would be too busy power walking and showing off her bikini body while telling people to get off her well manicured lawn to actually watch it with her own eyes. 

JJ: "Do you have insurance?"
Ridiculous earringed def: "Yes."
JJ: "Did you have it then?
RED: "Yes."

JJ: "Did you have insurance (on the day of the accident?)

RED: "Uhh...no."

Sell the freaking earrings and pay your damned insurance, you stupid, lying asshole.

So substitute anything else for the word "insurance" you dumb a$$ - like "do you have bread?" " Did you have it on the day in question? No? Then you GOT NO BREAD!!!!!"  I blame those popular superhero/ time traveler movies. People think they can time travel back to when they DID have insurance or forward to when they DID buy insurance.  That's their alternate reality. 

• Love 6

I think Judge Judy was quoting someone else (whose name I don't remember) when she made the "Not my first rodeo" comment.

And regarding the insurance . . . if the guy had really gone and gotten insurance that morning BEFORE the accident, he would have been covered.  Insurance policies EXPIRE at midnight on the last day for which coverage is paid, but goes into force immediately upon submitting an application and paying at least the deposit.  That's why the application is date and time stamped.  (Hubby works in the non-standard insurance industry.)  This guy was one of those who was uninsured until he had the accident.

And really . . . if you're a person who always carries insurance on vehicles, you have a time period after you buy a new vehicle that you're automatically covered until you notify the company of the new vehicle.  With non-standard companies, it might be 2-3 days.  With preferred carries, you may have up to 30 days.  Think about it.  What dealer is going to let an uninsured (usually financed) vehicle drive off the lot if the insurance isn't going to be valid immediately?  They'd tell the buyer to pay the insurance, then come back the next day when it's in effect.

• Love 3

I can't remember the names of the parties now (except that the Plaintuff's last name was "Robbins"), but it was aired Friday here and involved a woman who'd rented a room in a large house (with full house privileges) for $500/month from Craig's List. She'd signed a lease that stipulated she was locked in for three months, then she'd be on a month-to-month basis. She was suing her landlord to get her security deposit back since she bailed after just two months. What bugged me about this case was the Plaintiff's adamant pleas to JJ to listen to all of her evidence about the horrific living conditions, but every time she was given a chance to elaborate, all she kept saying was "There were issues." "There were issues....she was an alcoholic....   and there was this other tenant named Nate, and there were issues with him.... And there were issues with domestic violence...." I was dying to hear about the specific "issues". Her only concrete complaints were dog poop in the back yard, a dryer with a broken timer, and a TV set with a line down the middle of the screen.

The entire plot thickened during the hallterview, when the Plaintiff admitted that she'd been arrested for impersonating a police officer, but she assured us that the case would never come to trial and she'd never be convicted. Again.....I want details!!

• Love 5
(edited)

The entire plot thickened during the hallterview, when the Plaintiff admitted that she'd been arrested for impersonating a police officer

I need to go back and find out her last name and look her up.

Craigslist, folks! This is what you get when you invite total strangers into your home. The mind never stops boggling at that.

Actually, the thing that shocked me most was finding out plaintiff was a woman. I bet she made one intimidating fake cop.

People think they can time travel back to when they DID have insurance or forward to when they DID buy insurance.  That's their alternate reality.

Or they try to mess up the matrix by saying things like: "I didn't currently have it then."

Edited by AngelaHunter
  • Love 3

Actually, the thing that shocked me most was finding out plaintiff was a woman.

I think our dear JJ was confused, too.  She doesn't usually ask litigants for their FIRST names. She wasn't sure if it was Mr. or Ms.  The halterview was a surprise!

The story about the state's attorney from Baltimore (?) who was a JJ plaintiff is making the rounds on national news. Ha. Glad she was at least on the winning end, and not one of the wackos who normally grace the stage.

• Love 4
(edited)

What bugged me about this case was the Plaintiff's adamant pleas to JJ to listen to all of her evidence about the horrific living conditions, but every time she was given a chance to elaborate, all she kept saying was "There were issues." "There were issues....she was an alcoholic....   and there was this other tenant named Nate, and there were issues with him.... And there were issues with domestic violence...." I was dying to hear about the specific "issues". Her only concrete complaints were dog poop in the back yard, a dryer with a broken timer, and a TV set with a line down the middle of the screen.

What bugged me was that JJ was just about ready to rule against the plaintiff when the plaintiff chimed in with her repetitive complaints, instead of cutting her off like usual, JJ allowed her to continue because IMO she had a forceful personality.  Eventually the plaintiff stumbled on a winning point about the security deposit being paid back in part and JJ changed her ruling to award the plaintiff $150, possibly because it was such a small amount.  My problem is that the plaintiff, because she didn't stop talking, was allowed to continue and changed a loss into a win.  Others are just shut down.  Here she didn't take being shut down and kept talking and was rewarded.  Some people JJ allows to continue and others she cuts off as she knows she can intimidate them.  Hate that type of thing.  Just unfair.

Edited by Bazinga
  • Love 2

Totally agree with this ^ ^ ^.  (And hello, JJ'ers.  I think this is my first time posting here.)

Not to mention that it turned out on this particular occasion that the defendant knew a bit of information--the charges pending against the plaintiff for impersonating a police officer (!)--that might well have influenced the disposition of this case if she'd been allowed to put them forth.  Or just shouted them out, like the plaintiff did.  (And the plaintiff was so gleeful about that piddling $150 award that it was pretty clear she just gets off on scamming people and getting away with it.)  Litigants are often punished or rewarded for their personal style, regardless of the facts of the case, and that stinks.  But then again it's not like a random judge assignment.  They've had plenty of time to watch and see how things go down in this courtroom.  They picked her.  (And I mostly like JJ.)

Another subject entirely:  I've been watching this show on and off since the beginning, but I don't think I ever noticed the same faces showing up in the gallery all the time the way I have lately.  Up to half a dozen of the same people--all women, or at least the ones I recognize are.  They're there far too often to just be spectators who only came for a taping or two of five shows in a day.  Does anybody here know the deal with that?  Are they show employees filling empty seats?  It's kind of odd, since they're very conspicuous after a while.

• Love 5

So, you guys know Baltimore state's attorney Marylin Mosby, who brought charges against the six officers in connection with the death of Freddie Grey? Well, she was on an episode of JJ 15 years ago as a plaintiff. Girl had her stuff together. A neighbor in her building used her apartment for the three months she was away at home during summer break, completely trashed the place and threw a baby shower there. The full episode is at the next link. http://jezebel.com/baltimores-marilyn-mosby-once-took-a-neighbor-to-court-1707443441

• Love 3

They are "professional" audience members.  They are paid (apparently poorly) for their time.

You can make minimum wage slinging burgers or sitting in JJ's fake courtroom. I know which I'd choose, and actually I'd be in the audience for free. Seriously, my dream job!

• Love 7

Hello to you, too, barbedwire!

Thanks for the info, AZChristian.  I really had no idea who they were.  Totally obsessed fans did cross my mind.  I agree with you, AngelaHunter, as minimum-wage jobs go, that has to be one of the easiest.  I'd do it for pay if I didn't have any better prospects, but I think I'd only do it for free if I needed somewhere to come in and sit out of the weather.

Nice to meet you all!

• Love 4
(edited)

Hey, AngelaHunter, maybe you need to organize a road trip!  It would get me out of the rain (gad! perhaps an "ark trip" ) and Bratinella out of the way of those scary T-Things!  I think we would all make an excellent audience.  And none of us would get thrown out! Well, except maybe ToasterStrudel if she started throwing those gavels around....  Or Teebax if it was an insurance/not-insurance case...   ;-)

Big ole' hug of welcome to Mondrianyone. Love the name and the photo! hee!

Edited by SandyToes
  • Love 4
(edited)

Hey, AngelaHunter, maybe you need to organize a road trip!

Oooh, I'm there! And maybe when JJ finds out we're her biggest fans, she'll allow us into her fake office and pose with us in front of her fake law library. Just don't drink the water, okay, guys and gals?

Such stuff as dreams are made on!!

Ooops, didn't see we have a new snarker. Welcome, Mondrianyone!

Edited by AngelaHunter
  • Love 5

Oh, oh I remember now what I was gonna say earlier:  Know when JJ tells the litigants "Don't look there, look here"?  Well, I read somewhere that she has two doors behind her, one door goes to the Judge Mathis set, the other door to the People's Court set (or is it Hot Bench?)  Anyway, maybe that is where they are looking.

the url is file:///c:/tempc/JB.jpg  but it doesn't show up when I try to post it.

An url that starts with "file" is on your computer, not the web. If you saw it on a website, it's interestingly misconfigured.

• Love 2

Jamoche- thanks but my problem is that the file is a screencap on my computer, not on a website. Websites I can get, but a local file should work the same way if correctly referenced which I am clearly not getting right.

Thanks everyone for the nice welcome!  I've been lurking here long enough to know we share lots of strong opinions about JJ and her unique cast of characters.

I love the poodle, too.  It's not mine--I don't think I'd do that to my own dog, but I do love looking at this one.  (From what I've read, they use vegetable dyes that don't harm the dogs.  Except for their dignity, probably.)

• Love 2

I read the paper that the trapezius muscle strain guy brought from his doctor. Perhaps he should have taken an ibuprofen or a Tylenol.

Oh man, a trapezius muscle strain - that's where the back and shoulder meet. What an idiot that guy was - They call everything a "sprain" or "strain" or "contusion" ( I edit and transcribe medical records  - fancy words for bumps and bruises - I love when people say "My arm wasn't broken it was FRACTURED" haha same thing ding-a-ling) Sounds like the ER doctor was a buddy of his - a few days Ibuprofen and Ice would have helped dat poor wittle baby with his (dun dun-dunnnnnn) TRAPEZIUS STRAIN.

I did love the weird in appropriate cheerfulness of the Craiglist lady after admitting she was impersonating a police officer! 

• Love 2

I read the paper that the trapezius muscle strain guy brought from his doctor. Perhaps he should have taken an ibuprofen or a Tylenol. The paper took him out of work until Friday, which would be three to four days. I always thought an ER doctor would have you follow up the next day with your primary doctor? They don't usually give long term treatments. I didn't like either of those litigants. One for the no insurance, other because he was trying to hit the jackpot. 

It depends on how severe the ER doctor thinks the problem is. But the ER doctor can write a work excuse letter. There's actually a book that gives the number of days for a given condition (most fall into the 3-4 day category).

The ER doctor can prescribe pain meds, but some states are becoming more strict about how many pills ("day's supply of") can be written.

Most of the patients who come here often don't make the appointment until the ER prescription runs out or they call to make the appointment on the day the ER papers say to follow up. I'm not sure if there's a miscommunication in the ER or what, but that's what happens here.

From the weekend. Dad doesn't want to help pay his share of a 10,000 dollar bill for dental work on his 5 year old son.

JJ started to say - steel crowns on a 5 year old's baby teeth, are you nuts!? but stopped.

Isn't that relevant? If the mom got scammed does he owe or only for legit expenses?

And I agree mom labeling a toilet trained, speaking, mainstreamed 5 year old 'severely autistic' may be more damaging to the child in the long run than whatever his condition is.

• Love 6

I wish JJ had decided to follow up with that little kid as well - just as she did with that home-schooled boy with the nasty grandma and ineffectual father. It was a disturbing situation.

JJ has often said that there are government agencies who have employees that watch her show to catch tax fraud, child abuse, etc.  And there are lots of folks who are happy to call things to the proper agency's attention if need me.  Hopefully, these types of cases fall into the "somebody will call" situation.

Last night's first ep was typical: a woman -- and a widow of 6 months at that -- gives more than $10,000 to a personal trainer/DJ and then wants it back.  Judy gave her $5,000, the limit.  And then -- a pitbull attack case!!! So unusual! (rolls eyeballs).  I gave it the heave-ho.

JJ has often said that there are government agencies who have employees that watch her show to catch tax fraud, child abuse, etc.  And there are lots of folks who are happy to call things to the proper agency's attention if need me.  Hopefully, these types of cases fall into the "somebody will call" situation.

I think it was 20/20 that did a show about disability frauds. They went "undercover" with investigators who follow people suspected of gaming the system. One woman was on disability for a foot injury which prevented her from standing. They took photos of her in a beauty contest, not only standing, walking and dancing but doing these activities in high heels. Another woman had an ankle injury that prevented her from walking: she was videoed running while wearing high heels. There was a man who had a back injury: they videoed him lifting large objects and hefting them onto a truck bed.

So, it won't surprise me if there are investigators watching JJ making a case against the litigants on disability who water ski, dirt bike ride, etc.

I hate people who game the system, especially when there are people who truly ARE disabled and who don't get the disability benefits.......grrrrrr

• Love 3

I think it was 20/20 that did a show about disability frauds. They went "undercover" with investigators who follow people suspected of gaming the system.

Reminds of the case of Al Sharpton's daughter who is suing the City of New York over tripping on a sidewalk and twisting her ankle. Those investigators are all over her Instagram and Twitter with pictures of her wearing high heels and dancing around. 

That personal trainer vs widow case was SAD. That man was COLD. Even if she was desperate. 

• Love 1
(edited)

Reminds of the case of Al Sharpton's daughter who is suing the City of New York over tripping on a sidewalk and twisting her ankle. Those investigators are all over her Instagram and Twitter with pictures of her wearing high heels and dancing around. 

Don't forget hiking up mountains in Indonesia.

Edited by designing1
  • Love 1

That personal trainer vs widow case was SAD. That man was COLD. Even if she was desperate.

That made me queasy. Her husband died at 28 years old, she has a daughter to raise on her own, and the focus of all her attention and the recipient of her money is that repulsive, disgusting, sub-human  piece of shit? I'm getting queasy all over again just thinking about it.  I pity her child, who has no say in her mother's insane actions.

Then we had Rachel today. She has no money, no credit  and was a sainted "Single Mother." HER priority was large, fake boobs. Considering her poor grammar and the appearance of the rest of her she should have spent that money elsewhere.

Repeat of Ms. Lumba - looking exactly like a "Real Doll" sex doll  (blowjob duck lips and all)  and who started showering money on the repulsive little trollish defendant TWO WEEKS after they met? It's because of ridiculous women like her that even the most broke-ass and fugly creep feels he's all that and more.

Antoinette and David: Boring, incoherent mess. The only thing that kept my attention was the fear that Antoinette was going to knock her wig off during her crying jag.

• Love 4
(edited)

AngelaHunter, I'm just gonna have to trust you on this one...  (wink, wink)

Repeat of Ms. Lumba - looking exactly like a "Real Doll" sex doll  (blowjob duck lips and all)

If any guy I was two weeks into dating was unemployed and asked for $800, I'd have hit the road but fast.  Dimbo.

Edited by SandyToes
  • Love 5

I looked up Real Dolls a few years back, WOWIE!  Looks like a real woman, mostly.  You can customize boob size, skin and hair and eye color, whether the drapes match the carpet or have no carpet at all!  Very weird and hugely expensive.

• Love 1

Speaking of Real Dolls, I highly recommend a sweet little movie called Lars and the Real Girl, starring Ryan Gosling as a rather dim, simple young man who falls in love with a Real Doll.  It really is a sweet movie.

• Love 2

Rachel the Bratz Doll's Facebook page is intriguing just to look at her ever-changing lips over the past few years. They go from regular size to inflated larger than the rear tires on my van then back down a bit, then huge..... On JJ today Rachel's butt looked....odd. Besides it being rather bulbous compared to the rest of her physique, it also (from the side view, anyway) seemed to be way too low. It was positioned below her hips or something. Weird. Interestingly enough, I found a video of her online from two years ago where she discusses her new "booty improvement" regime, which involved supplements (Omega 3 oil, Vitamin E, Saw Palmetto) and "lots" of Saran Wrap. (???) David Bagner was no prize either, but I think he was the one who dodged a bullet in that break-up.

• Love 2

He said that she had his name tattooed on her 2 weeks after they met. She says it's not true. He asked for/she offered $800 2 weeks after they met. She gave it to him.

Sounds to me like she could easily turn into a psycho stalker chick.  I think he's the one who dodged the bullet.

Then we had Rachel today. She has no money, no credit  and was a sainted "Single Mother." HER priority was large, fake boobs. Considering her poor grammar and the appearance of the rest of her she should have spent that money elsewhere.

Did anyone but me get the feeling that sainted, single mother Rachel was in cahoots with her ex fiance' now husband that she'd scam the guy out of a new set of knockers, then dump him? It sure seemed like they broke up and she was married to her ex in short order after she got her new bolt ons. I loved how she tripped herself up with the boob story. First, it was something that she'd wanted for years, then it was that he wanted them because he was a boob man. I loved the look of 'ewwww' on JJ's face when sainted, single mother Rachel giggled while she informed her honor of the poor sap being a boob man.

• Love 7

Did anyone but me get the feeling that sainted, single mother Rachel was in cahoots with her ex fiance' now husband that she'd scam the guy out of a new set of knockers, then dump him?

It did seem that way, with new hubby sitting there looking far from perturbed or uneasy about the sordid story coming from his honey. I can picture them celebrating on their wedding night, "Free boobs for us. Yay!" and raising a toast to the misguided sap in his ill-fitting suit who was willing to give her the gift of silicone.

• Love 5