Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: All Rise

Message added by Meredith Quill

Community Manager Note

Official notice that the topic of Sean DeMarco is off limits. If you have 1-on-1 thoughts to complete please take it to PM with each other.

If you have questions, contact the forum moderator @PrincessPurrsALot.  Do not discuss this limit to this discussion in here. Doing so will result in a warning. 

• Start Topic

I sold my car on craigslist when it (craigslist) was really new and unfamiliar to me so I didn't know I was supposed to be shady. The young couple who bought my car got a great deal. They had a new baby...I threw in brand new tires because they were students and that baby was sweet!

• Love 6

The lady who thought her tenants should pay for water damage should not be a landlord.

The very first thing I did when I rented out my house was change my insurance, it got 900/yr more expensive. I'm guessing that's why none of the people on JJ change it (recalling the aunt and nephew where he was told to say he was visiting)

• Love 4

JJ seems to take the position that plaintiffs should just have insurance against all of life's woes, and that would solve every problem.   While I agree if the plaintiff were insured, her insurer would have paid out, if the kid had been at fault (which he wasn't), her insurer would still go after the mother to reimburse them.  The wrongdoer doesn't get off scot free because the plaintiff had the foresight to have insurance.  

• Love 4

The lady who thought her tenants should pay for water damage should not be a landlord

Right. She deliberately took a chance, wanted to pay less for insurance and didn't inform her insurers that she wasn't living there. She gambled and lost.

And contrary to what the super said, pipes can just break. I had one do that last year and no one had been near it. Wrecked a wall. Things happen in houses and it's not always someone's fault. If someone wants the extra income of letting others live in their house, get insurance.

• Love 4

Oh, Lawd! My sista got la-monia!  

Cracks me up every time.  I did appreciate how she really did seem to have her case together, and was just caught up in the emotion/nervousness. And that must have been some "outfit" the def had to go over and pick up. Wish we could have seen that. Animal prints? Sequins? Feathers? We'll never know...

• Love 3
(edited)

It's scary that people have to be told this, especially the information provided in your first link.

The second link, I'll admit, I knew nothing about. However, I think my trusty common sense would save me. If I went to test drive a car being sold private party and then the seller told me to go to a dealer, I'd walk away because that seems fishy to me.

Edited by teebax
  • Love 1

Ms. Borges was willing to pay double to get that damned roof done because... convoluted mess. Who cares what her daughter had to say? She's the idiot who pushed out not one, but TWO kids with some boyfriend who is the def's son and who had no intention of ever contributing financially for the care of the fruit of his loins.

From def's smirking, I believe he conned Ms.Borges, but her own stupidity leaves no room for sympathy.

Daughter, about def.: "I never saw him lay floors in my life. But I saw him pour concrete!" which has what to do with roofing? Thank you for that insight, genius.

It reminded me of the song, "Well I never been to heaven, but I been to Oklahoma."

Daddy really needs to use some of the proceeds of his jobs to buy himself some teefies.

• Love 3

Ms. Borges was willing to pay double to get that damned roof done because... convoluted mess. Who cares what her daughter had to say? She's the idiot who pushed out not one, but TWO kids with some boyfriend who is the def's son and who had no intention of ever contributing financially for the care of the fruit of his loins.

I had to pause and review the DVR twice during this episode. I was laughing so hard at "facial board" that I started missing what they were saying.

• Love 5

I'd already seen Parvo Puppy but boy what a Googly Eyes sighting.  Straight on she was sitting in the front to the left of the plaintiff but they had the plaintiff/defendant shot from the side lined up so she was exactly in the middle.  She didn't move her head but those eyes kept going back and forth.  Googly eyes is the dark helmet hair with bangs, no glasses, right?  She must be out there somewhere on social media.

Well, Parvo Puppy didn't have parvo and this girl got a good schooling.  She looked like nobody had ever said no to her in her life.  She and her ken doll boyfriend looked like they were going to a wedding reception, not court.    I can't pin down her annoying "accent" but she kept adding vowels to the end of her words.  She looked awfully moist in the hallterview.

But first we had the fabulous Mr. Green (?) who famously turned his disgusting coworker twice for patient abuse.  Hard one to watch but I suspect JJ was documenting the facts closely on national television in the hope something more would be done to investigate the abusive POS who would crack a disabled person's skull. He should be in jail yet he has the temerity to sue the person who turned him in. 

As for Mama Borges I honestly believe she is that clueless. 

• Love 3

I had to pause and review the DVR twice during this episode. I was laughing so hard at "facial board" that I started missing what they were saying.

I haven't seen the episode yet and intend to be too intoxicated to watch tonight. What's a facial board?

intend to be too intoxicated to watch tonight. What's a facial board?

Intoxicated may be the best way to watch.  Just please don't get into any altercations and end up incarcerated.

"Facial board" = Fascia board.

I had my roof done a few years ago. If the roofer had written "Facial board" on the contract, I would have told him to forget it. Next!

• Love 5

It killed me that the contractor had "FACIAL Boards" ON the contract!  LOL!

Yeah, that would have me running for the hills.

What makes it even better was she kept going on about "talking" to the people at Lowe's (which I guess is one step up from talking to a rock about roofing, but every step counts, right?!) which was when she first mentioned "facial board." What do you want to bet those employees are STILL talking about her "facial boards?"

• Love 2

Okay, facial boards aside, what about Ms. Borge's logic? She wanted to pay def about twice what REAL roofers would charge her so def could hire his son to work with him, give him some of the money plaintiff gave def, so son can then give some money to plaintiff's ditzy daughter for child support (yeah, I'm sure he would). Now, on what planet does that make sense? What a bunch of fuckups. Well, except for dad. He got paid and didn't even properly do the facial boards.

• Love 4

My earlier Monday morning (12:35 a.m.) 2011 rerun description was:  "A man who lent a van to a traveling band sues for payment of parking tickets." I found it so amusing I had to detail it here for prosperity.

• Love 3

Okay, facial boards aside, what about Ms. Borge's logic? She wanted to pay def about twice what REAL roofers would charge her so def could hire his son to work with him, give him some of the money plaintiff gave def, so son can then give some money to plaintiff's ditzy daughter for child support (yeah, I'm sure he would). Now, on what planet does that make sense? What a bunch of fuckups. Well, except for dad. He got paid and didn't even properly do the facial boards.

Cut out the middle man and just give your ditzy daughter the cash, you are supporting her anyway!!  Loved how the ditzy daughter said the defendant did floor work not roofing but that she had seen him do concrete work!

• Love 3

How long before the stealing grand daughters are incarcerated?

And both of them get no grade lower than "B" in school! What the hell kind of school is that?

Momma really should have spent money on English and ethics lessons for her little "Miracle" and Miracle's sister instead of buying them wigs and weaves. But after listening to Mom talk, I realized she probably has only half a brain. JJ was walking away and she was still droning on with some unintelligible garbage, defending her amoral, lying, stealing little angels I guess.

• Love 3

How long before the stealing grand daughters are incarcerated?

This repeat is one that never fails to make me crazy!  How DARE those girls try to act innocent?  Their poor Grandma!  I just wish JJ had been able to spank them a little better!

• Love 2
(edited)

Cousin PeeWee!  Another episode that's definitely a keeper.  I can't help but think of Newhart:  I'm Milika, this is my sister, Miracle, and my other sister (friend) Miracle.  Talk about your vacant eyes. Yikes. Bettin' at least one of 'em is a momma now! 

Cousin seemed like a nice young man trying to do the right thing. Don't think he has much either, but was trying. On my list of Litigants I Love.

Edited by SandyToes
  • Love 4

I can't help but think of Newhart:  I'm Milika, this is my sister, Miracle, and my other sister (friend) Miracle.

Hahaha! No grit in their moonshine!

I really hope someone has taken the key away from those little skanks so they can't rob Grandma anymore. I can just see them, scurrying around like rats, snatching anything they can. Sad.

• Love 5

Ugh, the less said about those 2 girls the better. I have no doubt they took nothing away from this experience and are probably acting even worse because now they're famous! 

As for the car/bicycle collision, was JJ implying the plaintiff was "pig headed"/horrible person because he was suing to recoup his costs even though the defendant could have died? The bicyclist was 100% at fault, any injuries he did, or could have, sustained were totally his fault. Why shouldn't the driver sue? Play stupid games, win stupid prizes... Sometimes JJ is just nuts with her preconceived opinions. FWIW I'd say about 90% of the bicyclists in LA have the exact same attitude as that douche bag, stop signs and red lights don't apply to them. He got exactly what he deserved.  

• Love 4
(edited)

He didn't even think about the red light he flew through!

Hey! He was in a hurry! Motorists shouldn't just go when the light is green. They should look around first to see who might want or need to break the law and act accordingly. The bus camera? Awesome. I bet that's on YT.

I thought JJ was saying the cyclist was being pig headed for not admitting that he was in the wrong.

Yes, and that's why she awarded the plaintiff his rental car fee.

Edited by AngelaHunter
  • Love 4

And both of them get no grade lower than "B" in school! What the hell kind of school is that?

Momma really should have spent money on English and ethics lessons for her little "Miracle" and Miracle's sister instead of buying them wigs and weaves. But after listening to Mom talk, I realized she probably has only half a brain. JJ was walking away and she was still droning on with some unintelligible garbage, defending her amoral, lying, stealing little angels I guess.

The grammar coming from both sides of the courtroom was absolutely atrocious. I could barely get through this case the first time around. In no way was I going to suffer through it again. Those of you who did are braver than I am. If those girls are getting good grades in school, they must be attending a sorry-ass school. Either that or they know proper English and just don't use it conversationally. Of course, if you can speak properly, a courtroom is a great place to show it.

The funny thing was that the bicyclist thought the video would prove his case!  He didn't even think about the red light he flew through!  Those on bikes need to obey the rules of the road!

What I remember from that case is how unapologetic the cyclist was in his hallterview. He really believed the plaintiff should have avoided him. As a fellow cyclist, I get annoyed by the bad ones. Some of us actually follow the rules of the road but all too often I see idiots blowing through lights, riding five and six riders across (leaving no room for cars to go around), blowing through stop signs, riding on sidewalks, etc. Of course, I see shitty drivers, too, so there's that.

• Love 5
(edited)

If those girls are getting good grades in school, they must be attending a sorry-ass school. Either that or they know proper English and just don't use it

Third option: they were lying.  When asked what their grades are?, they could have said Ds and Fs or As and Bs and just assume JJ is not going to know and they wont get caught in the lie.  The truth was probably an embarrassing answer, so a simple lie, probably unprovable in the short -term, was the better answer.  They were liars throughout, so no reason to assume they were telling the truth about their grades.  In addition, The Miracle mumbled the answer and the other girl just agreed.  If they really were getting As and Bs, they would have shown a little more enthusiasm and pride. 

Edited by Bazinga
  • Love 7

Third option: they were lying.  When asked what their grades are?, they could have said Ds and Fs or As and Bs and just assume JJ is not going to know and they wont get caught in the lie.  The truth was probably an embarrassing answer, so a simple lie, probably unprovable in the short -term, was the better answer.  They were liars throughout, so no reason to assume they were telling the truth about their grades. 

Good point. It's hard to believe I didn't even consider that a JJ litigant may have lied, especially when they were caught in so many others!

• Love 2

I enjoyed the rerun today with Mr. Salem. Have we ever seen a lawyer on this show who wasn't an idiot? He does lots of contracts in his business, but couldn't be bothered drawing up a proper one for his naive dealings with the well-dressed but shady hustlers, Boozer & Cross, and got royally snookered in a way that wouldn't fool a child. Great advertising for your services, Mr. Salem! He should have eaten the 6200$ he was scammed, rather than have 10 million know how incompetent he is.

Mr. DePina - so dumb that even though he had a suspended license for driving drunk he just didn't have the brains to restrain himself from driving right through a red light. Part of that case was pre-empted for more non-news of the fugitives. Now I know they're doing it on purpose and making sure they interrupt only new cases.

Finally we had Leonela, 22 and looking 40. Don't rent to her - she brings cockroaches, mold and police searches to her premises, due to her taste for low-life boyfriends. I was hoping she had no kids. Alas, I was disappointed.

• Love 4
(edited)

"He's my cousin... by marriage"? I'd say "my spouse's cousin", but I'd never consider that person to be my cousin. Even if he were a perfectly respectable law-abiding citizen.

Edited by Jamoche
  • Love 3

"He's my cousin... by marriage"? I'd say "my spouse's cousin", but I'd never consider that person to be my cousin. Even if he were a perfectly respectable law-abiding citizen.

I think how one phrases that depends on where the person is from. I've heard a lot of people say things like "cousin by marriage."

I think how one phrases that depends on where the person is from. I've heard a lot of people say things like "cousin by marriage."
  • Love 1

That girl is a P-I-G pig

Gotta love these people who say "I DID clean!" when pictures show a place that looks as though a herd of bison lived there.

I've heard a lot of people say things like "cousin by marriage."

It must be like, "I borrowed him the money."

• Love 3

Sorry, the ellipses were misleading. It was two separate statements - a flat "He's my cousin" first, with the "by marriage" added when JJ asked for clarification, not "cousin by marriage" as a single phrase.

• Love 1

Well, I won't be watching the new episode today "Rescued dog kills 16 yr old cat".

I didn't watch it, but I've had the same two cats for 14 years and have adopted two rescued dogs during their lives. I would never EVER have just brought them in the house and let them loose with my cats. I was told these dogs were great with cats, and it turned out they were, but it took me time and slow acclimation to trust them. A dog may be wonderful with certain cats, but it might not be great with YOUR cats. I don't know if that's what happened in this case, and I didn't want to find out lest my blood pressure rise.

Then the second new case got butted into AGAIN by fugitive garbage. Now I know they're doing it on purpose. However, Austin Cole was so repulsive in every way ("Marketing consulting" is a cash business??) that I didn't even care. Really, you'd think a slimy, shrimpy little weasel like that would at least try to be a decent human being.

• Love 1