Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: All Rise

Message added by Meredith Quill

Community Manager Note

Official notice that the topic of Sean DeMarco is off limits. If you have 1-on-1 thoughts to complete please take it to PM with each other.

If you have questions, contact the forum moderator @PrincessPurrsALot.  Do not discuss this limit to this discussion in here. Doing so will result in a warning. 

• Start Topic

I may be in or out tonight, our TV keeps going BEEP BEEP BEEP telling us about horrible weather happening now.

Severe thunderstorm warning and tornado watch so far; wish us luck!

Sending positive thoughts your way, Brattinella. Stay safe!

• Love 1

Did anyone catch the 2011 repeat featuring the Martin family of Virginia? It was a JJ fiesta of unpaid rent, teenaged bride, bad teeth, dinner at Red Lobster, online college and JJ telling the stepmother to stay the hell out of the way. I was waiting to hear about a fresh roadkill pie with dumplings, but it's only a half hour program.

JJ and Byrd were cracking up at the antics of Mr. Martin the father and seemed quite charmed by him. He, of course, prevailed. In the hallterview, Sonny Martin and his 17-year-old wife expressed their disappointment at losing, but he conceded that his father was the finest man who ever lived, "since the crucifixion and resurrection of my Lord", and gave Daddy a big hug.  Awww!!

That case was an absolute GEM!!!!  I usually multi-task, with my primary attention on work.  However, I stopped working, swiveled my chair around, and enjoyed every second of that case! The dad was such a genuine "salt of the Earth" type of guy, and he was so entertaining. His wife was a true Googly Eyes, and JJ sure put her in her place. The hallterview was THE BEST.

• Love 2

King of the Road 2015 Version by Roger Miller II

Trailers for sale or Rent,

Cars gettin' kicked and dent,

Bitch with bat and broom,

Watchin' TV in her sunroom,

She got a bad back and is sick to death,

And my wife is cook in' meth,

Priceless!!

Wow, I can't believe granny with a bat was only 59 - holy crap she's lived a hard knock life! I would have said she was easily 80.

I was actually on her side for a while until she started talking - I can actually believe she would aim for the other trailer trash rats in her neighborhood.

Ug, I despair for the human race when I see cases like this....sometimes I think it wouldn't be a bad thing for a meteor to wipe us all out and let the earth start again....

• Love 5

King of the Road 2015 Version by Roger Miller II

*Applauds*

Ug, I despair for the human race when I see cases like this....sometimes I think it wouldn't be a bad thing for a meteor to wipe us all out and let the earth start again....

But not us, right? I know what you mean. What drags me down most is that the worst people are the only ones breeding like flies.

On the bright side, I watch cases like this - Trailer Trash Fiesta - and my life looks SO great in comparison.

• Love 4

Did anyone catch the 2011 repeat featuring the Martin family of Virginia? It was a JJ fiesta of unpaid rent, teenaged bride, bad teeth, dinner at Red Lobster, online college and JJ telling the stepmother to stay the hell out of the way. I was waiting to hear about a fresh roadkill pie with dumplings, but it's only a half hour program.

JJ and Byrd were cracking up at the antics of Mr. Martin the father and seemed quite charmed by him. He, of course, prevailed. In the hallterview, Sonny Martin and his 17-year-old wife expressed their disappointment at losing, but he conceded that his father was the finest man who ever lived, "since the crucifixion and resurrection of my Lord", and gave Daddy a big hug.  Awww!!

20 year old son and 17 year old bride with a 7 month old daughter, meaning he slept with her when she was 16 or 15 and he was at least 18.  She's probably his cousin, too.

• Love 7

Bat Granny is 59?   What the hell kind of life has she lived that has made her look 79? 

Points for trying to rock the peek-a-boo shoulder blouse.  And her witness....I just can't.

Sure wished Dirty was there.  I'm sure he would have classed the joint.

Bat Granny is 59?   What the hell kind of life has she lived that has made her look 79?

And she had the cheap Nutcracker dentures that suggest replacement of meth mouth or the like.

On Martin family drama. (repeat). I tots believed the elder Martin about son being a freeloader.  Bonus gavels for cracking up both JJ and Byrd.  Didn't want to mess with his grandbaby cause he might break her...you can't make that shit up.  Working as a welder since the 70's.  I trust. Other than not knowing what birth control is, he seemed like a stand up guy.

Oh and hell ya', eating that the Red Lobster means you must have hit the lotto!.  Bet they paid a corkage fee and everything!

• Love 2

Haven't learned to copy and paste on my kindle. About the case with the deceased sister. My sister died of cancer a few years ago. She had expensive taste in jewelry. After she passed, no one could find any of it. It seems she gave it all away-she gave quite a few of her possessions away. That could have been what happened in this case. I don't believe the vinyls and cassettes were bequeathed to the sister-in-law.

Oh, and money hidden in the house?That was my parents, too.

• Love 4

Prick No Neck crying about his sisters tchotchkes pissed me off to no end.  

Years ago, I worked for the MOST affluent town in Texas.  I mean BIG MONEY. There were several residents that seemed alone.  You couldn't find a blood relative on a dare.  The neighbors and city officials made sure that they ate and were ok.  But Low & Behold, when they passed, the "loving" kinfolk came out of the damn woodwork looking for a payday.

The neighbor defendant probably made sure that the deceased was ok. ate  and listened to her stories.  IMO, he was the epitome of "No good deed goes unpunished".

Bet a paycheck that Prick No Neck never once brought a meal to the "beloved" deceased.  YMMV.

• Love 10

Baseball bats at the ready, cars used as weapons, friends cussing each other out in your front yard, just another day in the neighborhood, right? Normal every day life for JJ litigants.

Add me to the cash in the house group. Years ago I use to go to the race track. Whenever I would win I would put the money in the drawer of my jewelry box. It got to be a habit that when I would win I would put the money in the drawer. Over time I realized I have about $200 so I decided to get a lucky box to keep "found" money in. I've had as much as $1500 in the box at one time. Sometime I use it to treat myself, sometime to help a friend or family member, sometime to donate to a local charity. At the moment the box contains $286

the lowest amount I've had in years.

• Love 3

Oh, I'm off to watch the Stormy Pearl case with baited breath!

That case was all kinds of awesome. I'm always amazed at people who can make a living off of being injured, but it doesn't stop them from breeding like rabbits and brawling with the neighbors.

And Bat Granny is only a couple years older than I, if she was telling the truth about her age. We could have been in the same high school classes!

The only thing I could have wished for would be 1) Sean aka "Dirty" in the courtroom, and 2) a few words uttered by Stormy Pearl.

(I had to text my brother while the case was airing because Stormy is a dead ringer for his last two girlfriends.)

• Love 2

20 year old son and 17 year old bride with a 7 month old daughter, meaning he slept with her when she was 16 or 15 and he was at least 18.  She's probably his cousin, too.

I couldn't believe the son was only 20. He looked at least 30 to me. Do hillbillies just age faster? It would have appeared more age appropriate had he married the 59 year old who looked like she was 90!

Since Mother's Day is approaching, I need to remind myself to thank my mom for the good genes and also the good sense to live right. Hard living will age your ass real fast.

• Love 6

Yes. That, plus the fact that she couldn't get her story straight about her brother sending cash or a cheque was suspicious. Personally I would find a responsible adult who cashes a cheque and then stashes 3K in cash around the house (theft, fire, flood - they happen!) to be even more suspicious. That makes absolutely no sense, unless she has a good reason for keeping money out of her bank account.

She said she was keeping cash around because she wasn't good with money. No kidding!

• Love 3

I couldn't believe the son was only 20. He looked at least 30 to me. Do hillbillies just age faster? It would have appeared more age appropriate had he married the 59 year old who looked like she was 90!

Since Mother's Day is approaching, I need to remind myself to thank my mom for the good genes and also the good sense to live right. Hard living will age your ass real fast.

It's 8:35 am here.  What a terrific laugh you gave me to start the day.

An interesting scenario....all the litigants from the hillbilly case and all the litigants from the hillbilly II case together - having a few cocktails at Red Lobster. 

Great case. Red Lobster, misplaced hamburgers,  fear of breaking a grand daughter.

JJ: Your son appears to be a smart young man.

Mr. Martin: Appearances can be deceiving.

JJ really seemed to enjoy that case.

• Love 5

Bat Granny case is definitely worthy of the JJ Hall of Fame. It had everything! Trailer park, disability, baseball bats and cars as weapons, oh my! I almost choked on my tea when Bat Granny walked into the courtroom. She's a dead ringer for a woman I used to work with who is 10 years younger than me (I'm Bat Granny's age) and looks 20 years older than me. When customers would make remarks to me about my co-worker, they would refer to her as 'the old bitch that works dayshift'. I loved the shock and awe on their faces when I'd point out that the old bitch was 10 years younger than me. She even carried a baseball bat in her car, just in case! Maybe they're long, lost cousins?

I'm a money stasher, too. My daughter knows to check to pockets of all the clothes in my closet and also to look in old purses for cash if I suddenly croak. I must have got the habit from my dad. He always had a stash of cash hidden somewhere in his house. When he got dementia, he'd forget where he put it and would ask me to try to find it for him. When I was packing up his house after he died, I found over $1300 in various pockets, under folded towels and in books.

• Love 4

Brattinella -- I'm watching video of the tornadoes' destruction.  I hope it avoided your town and all is well!

Thank you for caring, my dear!  We had nothing severe in our town last night, thank God!  Lots of destruction elsewhere in the state, though.

We have a solid week of this to look forward to (glad I got my valium refilled!)

• Love 7

We have a solid week of this to look forward to (glad I got my valium refilled!)

You must be my neighbor north of the Red River.  I just wish tornadoes & severe weather would be more considerate and come before or after Judge Judy.  They seem to fire up right around 4pm.  

My Fox network used to show the episode late at night if it was interrupted, but they don't anymore.  You would think for what they pay her and the cost for rights to air that they would want to get their money's worth.  

• Love 2

Quote: Was Googly Eyes in a blue blazer/Pixie hairdo sitting behind Stephanidiot's older sister? It appears to be her, but she looks younger and thinner.

CWL, I was also confused because the girl in the Sisters case DOES look like the girl in the picture of Googly Eyes. I took a picture of the Sisters girl but I have a new web browser and none of the editing buttons work now. So f***ing frustrating.

• Love 2
(edited)

Reape What You Sow - Some sainted single mother of an 11 yr old makes it rain on her minimum-wage earning, part-time working colleague.  After all this, she still had some budget for some fake eyelashes from the window blind store.  Watch for an epic stare down from the bench, to the dazed, brainless defendant.  "I am not for sale!" cried out the married man and father of three, speaking of his lucrative affair with his supervisor.  3.5 gavels.

Perky To Sad In 5 Sec.  - The defendant was all smiles answering all the easy questions while JJ was setting her trap.  Then the floor panels opened from under her and she fell in the crocodile pit.  Smile gone.  Two gavels.

Lost License - I felt sorry for the defendant, he looked like such a hopeless case.  two kids, doesn't pay his tickets, loses his license, loses his job, car gets repo'd twice, father-in-law sues... woe is he... Not the brightest bulb in the marquee but he looked so sad.  Two gavels.

Motorcycle Cousins - $3200 for a 14 yr old motorcycle?  Really?  It must have been the equivalent of a Lambo when new.  The litigants looked harmless enough for JJ to dispense of Byrd while he was looking up the value of the smashed vehicle, but surprise!  The plaintiff had no insurance because he was headed to jail.  Oopsie.  Two gavels.

Quickie - 0.5 gavel don't bother.

Edited by Toaster Strudel
  • Love 3
(edited)

My mother in law passed away at 87 and I am not exaggerating that she looked younger and was less wrinkled than Bat Granny.

We've seen a slew of litigants who look way older than their ages, but Granny wins by a country mile.

Glad you're okay, Bratinella!:)

Then the floor panels opened from under her and she feel in the crocodile pit.

That touches on a long-standing fantasy of mine: To see liars, losers and loonies who simply will NOT STFU get the trap door. Byrd will control the handle and when JJ says, "Byrd, get them out of here", he'll pull it and WHOOSH! Bye bye.

Edited by AngelaHunter
  • Love 10

I always try to keep cash around if possible.  Once a tow truck only accepted cash.  My water heater crashed last week and at the end I offered a check or debit card and they said their card machine broke.  Not everyone has checks anymore!  My son doesn't, he keeps a bunch of cash.  I'm really boring though and keep mine in a small fireproof safe.

Speaking of checks and the way people spend money, I work in a convenience store in a not so great part of town. Definitely JJ eligible people.  Some older people still write checks and keep every receipt apparently in an attempt to stay organized.  Huge, huge wallets while you watch the line grow behind them. 

Then you've got people who use the store as a bank by dumping a pounds of change on the counter or paying every bill with those damned money orders.  Our money orders are cheap and we're nice enough to stand there and tear off single stamps so you can imagine the banking traffic. GET A BANK ALREADY or just put it on a prepaid debit card. 

This one baffles me.  It's extremely common for people to want to do 2-5 transactions at a time and dictate what I'm going to ring up when.  Often in the end they're using the same card and it made no difference, or they whip out the SNAP card at the end when it has to be swiped first and get upset because I was supposed to "know" they had SNAP.  I can honestly say I've never done multiple transactions and I just don't get why people prefer to do it that way.  I get it that sometimes people are shopping for someone else but it happens way too often. 

If you're ever in my line please understand that I'm really sorry after sorting out someone's finances they want to stand there and shop for lottery tickets, oblivious to the people behind them.  Oh, then their mother wants to buy some too! And they "forgot" their kid who's running around the store is "getting something" or drinking a shake so there's another transaction.  We have a ton of theft.  When I was a kid nothing was eaten until paid for and I certainly knew better than to stuff things in my pocket.  Then again I'm old like that.

Anyway, it's strange JJ doesn't understand by now that a lot of people don't have bank accounts when she asks how they pay their bills.  Lots of ways.  Banks like to charge fees to poor people.  Now that my savings is built up a little bit those fees are magically waived. 

Boy did JJ have the number on that kid who throws himself into cars.  And he's been on work comp for two years over a chemical burn to his foot??  Unless it melted off his toes I don't understand.  He's probably in litigation trying to prove permanency.  Maybe the same lawyer who's handling the other car vs pedestrian case.  He's sure getting an early start as a grifter, isn't he.

• Love 5
I nearly keeled over when she said she's 59.

I'm 59. She looks old enough to be my mother. 

And despite my advanced age, I've yet to feel obliged to carry a baseball bat around when I venture from my abode.Which, BTW, is a non mobile home. 

• Love 3

Boy did JJ have the number on that kid who throws himself into cars.  And he's been on work comp for two years over a chemical burn to his foot??  Unless it melted off his toes I don't understand.  He's probably in litigation trying to prove permanency.  Maybe the same lawyer who's handling the other car vs pedestrian case.  He's sure getting an early start as a grifter, isn't he.

He said he had RSD. What it does is damage the nerves in a way that causes your body to think that the injury is fresh long after it should have healed. I've had it after a surgery on my heart, and it is not fun. It took nearly seven years of strong narcotics and then a spinal cord stimulator that sends jolts to the area on a constant basis to get the pain to stop. It's not a bullshit condition, whether he was bullshitting about it or not.

Swollen faced-Richard Reid....good Lord, he appeared to need an Epi-Pen.  I've met more cheaters than I've ever wanted to, and they've all claimed that women have "stalked them" and/or given them "unwanted attention."  Richard's letter that JJ read had some funny tidbits about "this girl is ruining my life" (and she is constantly siphoning large amounts of money to me...and sharpening my pencil....and letting me pet her furry eyelashes.). I LOVED when JJ put Zorah Williams in her place about the "I'm a single mom, and I don't wanna play games" statement. I always enjoy when JJ does the laughing face-serious face quick change. (Zorah needs her head examined.)

Something I love about Judge Mathis' show: whenever anyone says "tax return," everyone in the room laughs raucously at them. I hope that becomes a trend on Judge Judy.

In the second case, witness Horace Jones was a jive turkey who had to keep it real, even after being scolded by JJ for his overly familiar way of speaking. I'm sure that he would have busted out a blahzay blahzay if he hadn't been told to sit down. He was fun, and I wanted to hear more about their Wal-Mart confrontation.

Between shows sidebar: Florida seems to specialize in people who look way older than their actual age. When I lived in the Philly area, it wasn't so prevalent. Here in FL, I see so many scrunched-up, funky-toothed/toothless, sunken-eyed faces. Methface, Heroinface, decades of drinking and smoking....and FL has been known as the Pill Mill capital. Florida is....something. The weather can't be beat, though!

The defendant in the Lost License case had no common sense.  At all.  You're a driver, so you do things that lead to a loss of your driver's license---idiot. But then he gets positively reinforced by the state of Rhode Island, with a $312 check each week. {JJ voice} RIDICULOUS!

• Love 1

Reape What You Sow

JFC. I was on pins and needles during the case, terrified that JJ might award money to Zorah. Just as Bat Granny wins the award for being a litigant looking the oldest for her age, Zorah wins for being the most ridiculous, pathetically desperate dumbbitch EVAH! Even if I had given that muttering, "Wowwww" , gooch-eyed, fugly 9$-per hour-papa-of-three (who isn't sure what his wife does) 10K, I would have gotten a second job or even sold my body to get it back before I would tell one single person on the planet that I found him irresistable. And Zorah was happy to let 10 million people know this about her. Zorah, WTF??

"I am not for sale!"

I was crushed to hear that. I was just getting ready to cash in a GIC.

I felt sorry for the defendant, he looked like such a hopeless case.

I agree with the "hopeless", but not the feeling sorry part. Tomas is a generic little loser worm we've seen a million times here, whose only talent seems to lie in somehow making babies. The only interesting part is that his squeeze, Alyssa, looks about 45.

Motorcycle Cousins

I guess certain things run in families. Drunken fool plaintiff can't drive without getting his ass arrested for a DUI and fool def. can't drive without crashing his vehicle. Nice beard though. Not really.

Quickie - 0.5 gavel don't bother.

Yabbut...Letisha Frankenbeck! Her ex-fiance, the minutely pony-tailed hunk o' burning love!  I think they deserve a little bit of love?

• Love 5

Angela, thank you! 

zilla, yep probably just north of you.  I hope you are not getting slammed today, we've kind of been dodging the worst of the worst! Hope you are okay and have a safe place to hunker down!

....I would have gotten a second job or even sold my body to get it back before I would tell one single person on the planet that I found him irresistable. And Zorah was happy to let 10 million people know this about her. Zorah, WTF??

And I think Zorah was still keen on him. She was so proud of herself for getting him a $9/hr job at her current workplace. Such a dummy, she said, "Well, now he makes $515 a week!"  And JJ sternly said, "$515 gross." Zorah responded that, yes, it's "so much more than he was making before." Come on, Zorah, learn the difference between gross and net. 

• Love 2
(edited)

may be in or out tonight, our TV keeps going BEEP BEEP BEEP telling us about horrible weather happening now.

Severe thunderstorm warning and tornado watch so far; wish us luck!

STAY SAFE

Do hillbillies just age faster?

I can't lie, this made me laugh out loud!

Edited by One More Time
  • Love 3

Anyway, it's strange JJ doesn't understand by now that a lot of people don't have bank accounts when she asks how they pay their bills.  Lots of ways.  Banks like to charge fees to poor people.  Now that my savings is built up a little bit those fees are magically waived.

JJ is a bit out of touch with what we like to call the real world.

I've been poor and I've been where I am now, and it costs a lot more money to be poor. A whole lot more.  Bank fees, interest rates (if you can even get someone to loan you money), inflated charges for groceries in poor neighborhoods, it goes on and on. When I barely made enough to scrape by I didn't have a bank account. They had minimum balances or you paid fees. That seemed like a sucker's bet to me; I'm not paying you to keep my money!

When I finally was able to get a bank account, there were times I had to deposit a couple of dollars into the ATM so I'd have enough in there to take out the $20 minimum. Incidentally, I recently discovered that the money machines at Walmart have only a $1 minimum for withdrawals. I took out $14 just because I could (my bank reimburses ATM fees since they don't have physical branches.) Where were these machines when I was broke?!

• Love 6

What was wrong with the $9/hour guy's eye?  He kept rubbing at it and at least once it leaked a clearly visible tear down his face but I don't think he was crying because he was clearly a douche and not feeling bad about accepting large amounts of money from his deluded assistant manager when he has a wife and 3 kids at home.

I was a bit curious about the actual legalities of the case with the man suing his deadbeat son-in-law for the repo'd car.  Would he have a legal leg to stand on in a "real" court of law?  I mean, even though it seems like he should get the money back from his son-in-law, OTOH he did sign on the dotted line as a co-signer and therefore knew he could be on the hook if the son-in-law defaulted on the car loan.

I'm still wondering about the dead sister case from yesterday.  Why wouldn't the dead sister's daughter be asked to back up or deny the neighbor's story about the yard sale?  I think they mentioned that she had moved abroad and the JJ show doesn't seem to like written witness statements, but surely the remaining siblings and/or the neighbor would have already talked to the daughter about this either in person or by phone, email, whatever.

• Love 1

I'm thinking that Zorah thought it was worth the risk to look bad to make Mr. $9/hour look bad. You know, expose his cheatin' behind on national TV.

• Love 1

What was wrong with the $9/hour guy's eye?  He kept rubbing at it and at least once it leaked a clearly visible tear down his face but I don't think he was crying because he was clearly a douche and not feeling bad about accepting large amounts of money from his deluded assistant manager when he has a wife and 3 kids at home.

It could have been allergies. My eyes water like crazy from allergies. People often think I'm crying. It's really bad when the pollen count is high.

• Love 3

I'm thinking that Zorah thought it was worth the risk to look bad to make Mr. $9/hour look bad. You know, expose his cheatin' behind on national TV.

I wonder what the number of people who didn't give a crap about his cheating is vs. the number who were reeling with horror (as I was) at Zorah wanting him so badly she showered him with money, and her being a celebrated single mom and all.

9/10 times it's women doing this - even if they have to rack up credit cards or borrow from aging parents to rain money on some POS -  and I will never understand the mindset or desperation behind it.

• Love 7

I wonder what the number of people who didn't give a crap about his cheating is vs. the number who were reeling with horror (as I was) at Zorah wanting him so badly she showered him with money, and her being a celebrated single mom and all.

9/10 times it's women doing this - even if they have to rack up credit cards or borrow from aging parents to rain money on some POS -  and I will never understand the mindset or desperation behind it.

Me either. Hell, I'd rather be alone than be with someone who can't even support herself. You don't have to pay anything for me but you do have to be able to support yourself. He has three kids and makes $9 an hour? That man is just full of bad decisions.

Did she say she continued to give him money after finding out he was married? That's a whole new level of desperate. As we usually see on this show, she seemed otherwise normal. She wasn't a  troll or an otherwise unattractive lady. I don't date men, so maybe there just aren't any out there? But, again, being alone would be more desirable than the shit these women put themselves through to try to get a man.

• Love 8
(edited)

.. I will never understand the mindset or desperation behind it.

Me neither!!  Many moons ago, when I was a sainted "single mother", a friend introduced me to a man who was several years younger, very well built (spent a lot of time in the gym) and was a lot of fun.  We went out a few times, (cheap dates), because he was working at low paying job and I was supporting two children.  One day, soon after a very sexy weekend (children with Dad) he called me sounding very sad.  He said "This may be the last phone conversation we have for a while, because Ma Bell is going to turn off my phone".  My response was "Oh, that's tight.  Maybe you can use your neighbors phone until YOU can get enough money to get YOUR phone reconnected".  We held the phone, breathed in each other ear for a while and then he said he would talk to me later.  Needless to say, the bloom was off the romance pretty darn fast after that conversation.  You see, I never asked him how much he owed on the bill, and he never said, because my initial response to him told him that I didn't care how much he owed on HIS damn phone bill.  I had two children and bills of my own.  IJS!!

Edited by momtoall
  • Love 22

But, again, being alone would be more desirable than the shit these women put themselves through to try to get a man.

I've always said that. I'd rather be alone for the rest of my life than spend one minute with any of the ugly, dumb parasitic losers we see here. I wouldn't touch Mr. Reape with YOUR hands! He (and scores like him) are without one single redeeming factor - well, that we can see anyway. If the 40-something Zorah can be so hypnotized by a big dick with a zero attached to it that she loses whatever sense she had, then she needs professional help.

He said "This may be the last phone conversation we have for a while, because Ma Bell is going to turn off my phone".  My response was "Oh, that's tight.  Maybe you can use your neighbors phone until YOU can get enough money to get YOUR phone reconnected".

This is why you're not a JJ litigant! I never had a man ask me for money and I would have been shocked if any of them had. By the same token, I would never have dreamed of asking them to pay my bills either.

He has three kids and makes $9 an hour? That man is just full of bad decisions.

Come now, Teebax. You don't really think that anything in his life, including having the offspring, was the result of anything resembling a decision?

• Love 6

I never had a man ask me for money and I would have been shocked if any of them had.

It's funny, because even those many years ago, despite being older (than him) and quite fluffy, I didn't a self-esteem problem.  So the thought the any man thought his attention and sexing would rock my world enough for me to give him money was pretty damn amusing.

• Love 3

I've been married for a long time (thank goodness) and don't have to deal with the whole dating scene.  Even so, we are VERY careful about giving or loaning money - to ANYONE.

I really applaud those of you who have learned to say, "Sorry to hear about your phone issue.  Call me if you get it resolved."  These folks got themselves into this financial bind.  They need to get themselves out of it.  And then Judge Judy could spend more time dealing with people with no car insurance.

• Love 4
(edited)

Be Quiet!!! - "Please!  Be quiet!  Stop confessing your crime already!  This is a half hour show!  I need to pad it!  Yes, I heard you when you confessed the first time.  Let the plaintiff talk... stop interrupting with your confessions!  It's getting harder and harder to pretend this case needs more back and forth before being adjudicated!"  Mr Strudel was home, I turned to him and said: "just looking at her face, I know she is a flowerpot-throwing kind of gal."  Not 15 seconds later, JJ said: "just looking at your face I know you threw the flowerpot."  No one saw me when I gave 3 gavels, so it's like I didn't, right?

Cute Lil Tire Kick - He didn't like the heavy metal music, so just to be cute, he gave a gentle little humorous kick on the plaintiff's tire.  Said JJ: "You missed!" - that was a pretty big dent.  Two gavels.

Rent Free Years - File this one under "no good deed goes unpunished."  The plaintiff lived rent-free in the defendant's house for nearly a decade... and is now suing because the defendant got rid of the junk the hoarder left behind after being evicted.  Two gavels.

Karate Ring - Two reasonable-looking people, well-spoken... until you find out that a marriage proposal sprung from this on-and-off relationship where the plaintiff didn't even want to tell the defendant where she lived!  I am not kidding!  "I won't tell you where I live, will you marry me? And here is my credit card." - the defendant took the ring and ran. 3 gavels.

Edited by Toaster Strudel
  • Love 2

Me neither!!  Many moons ago, when I was a sainted "single mother", a friend introduced me to a man who was several years younger, very well built (spent a lot of time in the gym) and was a lot of fun.  We went out a few times, (cheap dates), because he was working at low paying job and I was supporting two children.  One day, soon after a very sexy weekend (children with Dad) he called me sounding very sad.  He said "This may be the last phone conversation we have for a while, because Ma Bell is going to turn off my phone".  My response was "Oh, that's tight.  Maybe you can use your neighbors phone until YOU can get enough money to get YOUR phone reconnected".  We held the phone, breathed in each other ear for a while and then he said he would talk to me later.  Needless to say, the bloom was off the romance pretty darn fast after that conversation.  You see, I never asked him how much he owed on the bill, and he never said, because my initial response to him told him that I didn't care how much he owed on HIS damn phone bill.  I had two children and bills of my own.  IJS!!

I'm enjoying these stories!

I met a woman online and we chatted via Skype, text, etc., but never met in person since she was in Phoenix and I live in Tucson. We had talked about meeting during one of my frequent business trips to Phoenix but at this point had not met. She was working as a manager of a chain restaurant, and had no dependents, so I figured she was probably doing at least well enough to handle her own business which, again, is all I require. 

Then she called me one evening and asked if she could "hold" $1,500 until she got her next paycheck.

I assume anyone who asks me if they can "hold" a decent amount of money has never "held" that much damn money at one time in their lives. Like your situation, I didn't ask for any specifics; the details didn't  matter to me since I knew I wasn't giving it to her! So I refused and told her I was a bit offended that she would even ask someone she had never even met for money.

She tried to lay a guilt trip on me about my lifestyle and how I wouldn't even miss that "little bit" of money. She even cursed at me and called me selfish. Yeah, that'll really change my mind!

• Love 13