Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: All Rise

Message added by Meredith Quill

Community Manager Note

Official notice that the topic of Sean DeMarco is off limits. If you have 1-on-1 thoughts to complete please take it to PM with each other.

If you have questions, contact the forum moderator @PrincessPurrsALot.  Do not discuss this limit to this discussion in here. Doing so will result in a warning. 

• Start Topic

Car trampoline. I remember a case from several years ago. Plaintiff tells Defendant to "jump in", which he did and refused to pay for the damages.

• Love 3

I was so confused by the truck case the other day.  If momma was paying for registration fees because they were messed up enough to cause the new owner to not be able to register it, why did she end up getting the money back?  I do not believe for a second that the defendant paid $200 for the truck, then $600 for parts and a month of labor to turn around and sell it to her for $238, which I thought was what she was claiming.  I think JJ awarded it to the plaintiff because the defendant kept talking out of turn and then addressed the plaintiffs directly.  Anyway, what a convoluted mess.  I hope the truck has many miles left in it.

• Love 3

I loved the fake-crying from the plaintiff as she recalled the threat of an ass-beating. Byrd even had to deliver tissues for that fake shit. I actually think JJ was hiding her desire to laugh when the defendant explained the "Are you ready for me to whoop your ass?" dialogue. The photo of a vicious face bite....I can't even deal with this.

In case 2, those two Uber drivers were creepy somehow. Maybe because they both had the eyes that paralyze and spoke in monotone.

... Who knew that using a vehicle for Uber caused such rapid depreciation?

Seriously, Toaster Strudel! The kid welcomed the estimate of a 50% depreciation.  He acted like he would have been fine if JJ would have said 98%. 

{The preview for Monday looked good - a pervy sugar daddy wants repayment for dinners and purses given to a kinda rough looking tart.}

Litigants who constantly pull faces usually annoy me, but "almost-ex-boyfriend" Mr. Hunter's faces cracked me up. Was Lynette only half-awake, bored, or both? And c'mon Lynette, you're in court, so let's just refer to your blood-related grandmothers in your answers, and call your neighborhood "grandmoms" what they are: "neighbors."  That grandmother figured she had hit paydirt...she wanted ALL of those circled items fixed. Cha-ching! But Lady Justice got the last laugh, and now Gramma refuses to let any of her grands use the car.

The last case was between an uptight mother and a lazy county-appointed babysitter. JJ admitted that her first impression about the case was wrong.

• Love 2

And c'mon Lynette, you're in court, so let's just refer to your blood-related grandmothers

Lynette, who has six or seven grandmothers, really needs to stop spending so much time and money getting Halloween wigs, ugly tats and piercings and try to find a brain. She's a student?

The Prince Strangulo case was worse than I thought it would be. Two women in their fifties duking it out over a piece of shit like the Prince? And yeah, the crocodile tears did nothing for me. Def works in the medical field? I hope she has no contract with patients, since she appears to be a violent animal. That face bite? Wow.

The Battle of the Uber Twinks was very boring. The only thing that caught my eye were the plaintiff's bright blue earrings.

Taquilla's inarticulate lies were boring as hell, too.

• Love 3
(edited)

Car trampoline. I remember a case from several years ago. Plaintiff tells Defendant to "jump in", which he did and refused to pay for the damages.

Actually these were all new episodes! Yea! Maybe we're done with all the repeats for a while....

Edited by NowVoyager
(edited)

The Prince Strangulo case was worse than I thought it would be.

And THIS is why I'm not looking for a date as a middle aged woman. WTH is up when two women are fighting over Senor Strangulo ("thank God" as the defendant say because he only got SIX YEARS for attempting to strangle her- no, not WTH but WTHF (as in what the holy f***) How desperate must women be to date a cheating abusive criminal. I only wish we could have seen this magnificent specimen of male in order to see what I'm missing!!)

The Uber Twinks were so calm that they seemed boring after the Strangelo groupies biting each other in the face. . . I think they were the equivalent of a palate cleansing (like when they give you a cracker at the wine tasting). 

Lynette needs to lay off the Koolaid dye because it's seeping into her brain. She was all "ufff and uhhh" and "roll mah eyes oh mah Gaaaaaaawd" in front of JJ like her act was gonna fly with the judge. 

I was impressed by the not-signing-the-blank-time-sheet defendant. She seemed like she had her act together much more than the typical JJ litigant. I wish her luck that she can use her resources and lift herself up because she could have a great future. 

Edited by ItsHelloPattiagain
  • Love 3

WTH is up when two women are fighting over Senor Strangulo ("thank God" as the defendant say because he only got SIX YEARS for attempting to strangle her

And you know it wasn't the first time he beat her up/strangled her, but she's no stranger to violence and hey - any man is better than none, right? 

This case so surprised me. From Toaster's recap I was expecting the usual -  dreary, illiterate, feral teenaged guttersnipes pounding each other over an incarcerated mutual baby daddy. The fact they were well-dressed, middleaged women who gave an impression of being reasonable human beings gave me a "Whoa!" moment.

Serious question, do people really just look on Craigslist for friends? Immediate friends? And go somewhere with them?

Yes. Yes, they do. Remember Bobby "Asian eyes" Falsev and the woman who left a good job and her home to go shack up with that reprehensible POS? In comparison, the Atlantic City debacle seems almost cute.

• Love 3

I'm a bit confused by the Imprisoned Strangulator case....the defendant uttered "Thank God" after stating that his sentence was six years. Did she mean "Thank God he'll be off the streets for a while" or "Thank God it won't be that long before I can have him back"? In the hallterview, the plaintiff was the one actually defending Strangulator - said something along the lines of the defendant lying and painting him in a bad light.  ???  

• Love 3

I'm a bit confused by the Imprisoned Strangulator case....the defendant uttered "Thank God" after stating that his sentence was six years. Did she mean "Thank God he'll be off the streets for a while" or "Thank God it won't be that long before I can have him back"? In the hallterview, the plaintiff was the one actually defending Strangulator - said something along the lines of the defendant lying and painting him in a bad light.  ???  

Hmmmm.  How do I say this kindly? 

If you're trying to figure out the thought processes of anyone on Judge Judy, People's Court, etc., . . . I'm concerned about you.  LOL.

• Love 10

Oh yes!  That's the case I forgot.  The babysitter that wanted to have blanked time sheets signed!

One thing JJ did in this case bugged me, as she's done it before.  She made the statement that all the timesheet entries were done with the same pen and "no one does that"  Excuse me! I do! I am really picky about my pens and I found the perfect ones over twenty years ago and have ordered them by the dozen ever since. Even when my employers have a closet full of office supplies, I have purchased my own pens.  Everything I've written in the last two decades looks exactly the same.

So...every time she makes that remark I bristle.  Thanks for the vent!

• Love 11

In the hallterview, the plaintiff was the one actually defending Strangulator - said something along the lines of the defendant lying and painting him in a bad light.  ???

Well, maybe he hadn't had time or opportunity to strangle her yet. In the JJ-verse, this is a big selling point when it comes to hooking up.

"Maybe he's in jail because beat and strangled HER, but she just didn't understand him. Oh, how I love that man of mine!" (credit Beetlejuice)

• Love 2

Why did Mr Selvage not ante up the money for a new sofa? Instead if having it revealed on TV that he got a case of the pizza/cheese/beer shits and soiled it and befouled the bathroom also. And blaming the dog? How low can you go?

• Love 6

I just watched a case (not sure if it was a repeat) where the soccer team members all had too much to drink at a teammate's home and slept over.  The owner of the home allegedly took the plaintiff's car without permission to drive someone home (who was conveniently not there) and crashed it into a median wall. 

JJ found for the defendant due to lack of evidence.  The plaintiff had text messages saying that the damages would be paid for, but the defendant kept denying that she had sent them.  She said something right before JJ left the bench that pissed me off and I couldn't believe that JJ didn't catch it.  When asked if the text messages were sent from her phone, she replied "It's not in my name, it's not my phone."  She had an arrogance about her that set my teeth on edge from the beginning, but that was the icing on the cake.

• Love 3

Why did Mr Selvage not ante up the money for a new sofa? Instead if having it revealed on TV that he got a case of the pizza/cheese/beer shits and soiled it and befouled the bathroom also. And blaming the dog? How low can you go?

Disgusting man.  Just saw this episode.  He tried to giggle all through the case, attempting to impart a sort of "Can you believe these nuts are blaming me for their dog crapping all over the bathroom and the couch?"  Loved his disbelieving "Are you kidding?" when he lost, and his halterview when he acted all huffy "Of course I've never been back, and I'll never go back.  They blamed ME for what their dog did!"

• Love 2

I'm OCD about several things.  Whenever I start filling out a form that is completed over several days or weeks, I HAVE to use the same pen.

While I never kept a diary, my sister used to use her special Parker Jotter Ballpoint pen for her diary. And it HAD to be the Parker Jotter----no other pen was good enough for her diary. i remember she misplaced the pen one day and tore up the room looking for it.

So, I don't get why JJ thinks that no one uses the same pen all the time.

• Love 3

She probably says the Same Pen line for a commercial Sound byte or something. The real reason is after seeing thousands of diary-lists in her career, JJ is probably fairly confident in being able to tell the "Wrote everything down at the same time" compared to the "Wrote an entry per event after/as it happened" lists apart. She's probably looking at (consciously or subconsciously) the angle of the lines, writing style, ink strength, etc... a lot of things that most of the people facing her wouldn't understand anyway (and that Judge Judy probably isn't fully aware she's looking at either). 

• Love 1

The real reason is after seeing thousands of diary-lists in her career, JJ is probably fairly confident in being able to tell the "Wrote everything down at the same time" compared to the "Wrote an entry per event after/as it happened" lists apart.

This.  You can definitely tell when something has been written all at once rather than periodically.  It's one of the reasons you insist on seeing the original document rather than a copy.

I once had a witness try to present a diary she swore she kept at the time an event happened, many years earlier.  The entries were all identically written, neatly, with the same pen, with nothing scratched out (always a good sign you wrote it after the fact, rather than as it happened, because you've had the time to plan out what you are going to write.)  But the real nail in her coffin was when I turned the diary over, and saw that the book was copyrighted one year earlier.    

I love a Matlock moment. 

• Love 9

She probably says the Same Pen line for a commercial Sound byte or something. The real reason is after seeing thousands of diary-lists in her career, JJ is probably fairly confident in being able to tell the "Wrote everything down at the same time" compared to the "Wrote an entry per event after/as it happened" lists apart. She's probably looking at (consciously or subconsciously) the angle of the lines, writing style, ink strength, etc... a lot of things that most of the people facing her wouldn't understand anyway (and that Judge Judy probably isn't fully aware she's looking at either). 

Looking at the characteristics of the writing as you mentioned is a reasonable way to determine if the entries were fabricated. But if all the entries are with the "same pen" (blue ink, black ink, ballpoint, etc.) it would be harder to ascertain if the entries were fabricated, imo. Maybe JJ should clarify what she means by the "same pen".

Back in the olden days when I used a pen, my pen of choice was a Parker Pen or a Cross.  After years of buying refills, I found a Purple Ball Roller of some type that had the MOST free-flowing ink and I loved it from then on.  I bought 12-packs of them.

• Love 2

Every time this case airs, I wonder the same thing.  I would take out a title loan against a coworker's car and secure it with a post dated bogus check to get the money to buy a new couch before I'd show my face in this instance.  Does this guy not have one single shred of dignity in his malfunctioning body???

And FWIW, I have cleaned up A LOT of dog poop in my time and a little human mess.  There is NO way to confuse the two.  

• Love 9

One thing JJ did in this case bugged me, as she's done it before.  She made the statement that all the timesheet entries were done with the same pen and "no one does that"  Excuse me! I do!

You think that plaintiff could find the same pen day after day? She couldn't even find the kid she was babysitting (i.e. leaving with a relative and trying to get the moolah cos hey! the state has open pockets full of cash). I bet JJ would have believed her more if she had brought in her calendar. 

• Love 1

Black Velvet - Be on standby with the pause button to read the alarming emails that the love-struck plaintiff (Shadi Battikhi) wrote the defendant.  He was decked in attitude, a crushed black velvet suit and matching back shirt and tie.  The defendant was dressed up as Swedish business Barbie.  He came to get back gifts he gave her in the 3 days that he was smitten with her: a $3000 purse, some lingerie, and a $1400 birthday dinner.  Just a regular courtship, right, ladies?  She had already returned the gifts, although the lingerie is not refundable for obvious reasons, I thought she did the right thing.  But he also wanted the dinner money back!  What a tool.  It was very important for that creep to know her astrological sign (another red flag) minutes after falling instantly in love with her.  JJ admonished the defendant that she should have given everything back immediately, and dismissed her counterclaim for harassment.  I was disappointed.  This is the kind of possessive stalker that we all fear.  The defendant was probably charmed at first by his enthusiasm and his insistence, but the moment she did not respond with as much fire and passion as he felt entitled to, blew a gasket and went into a tailspin.  She probably got spooked, with good reason.  He got the purse and the lingerie back, in my opinion, the dinner should have been on him.  Four gavels to the head.

Uninsured And In Reverse - Judge Judy enjoyed this case more than I did.  Just some drunken doofus that backed up into six different cars after New Year's.  He was insured because he got insurance the very next day!  He must have "just missed a payment." Two gavels.

Ice Ballet - Kids AND video!  One kid got quite the shove in the back, you can see his spine bend unnaturally, and he fell face first on the ice like a ragdoll.  The defendant, who falls in the category of pitbull owners, was minimizing everything, and turned into a disgusting a-hole in the hallterview when he suggested that the injured child take up ballet instead.  Jerk.  But seriously.  Take up baseball instead.  It's a better sport.  I think there should be cops at hockey games carting off players to jail for assault.   Four gavels.

HMS Rollerbangs - Can't find the VIN number on a boat you're trying to buy, seller is really dodgy with regards to the title?  Run, rollerbangs, run!  2.5 gavels.

• Love 6
(edited)

I can't wait! Even the two-gavel cases sound intriguing today! (I love a good insurance after the fact case!)

Chiming in on the pen issue: The multi-billion dollar international corporation I used to work for (before they offshored our jobs) used to buy the cheapest, crappiest pens they could find. I always bought a box of my own choosing -- it's been awhile, but I believe they were Pilot Precise Rollerballs, black extra fine point please -- and would use nothing else. If I couldn't find one lying around, I'd reach in my desk for another. Bonus: They're great for doodling!

Edited by designing1
  • Love 4

The Black Velvet creepster was what Lifetime movies are made of.  Oh, and when Byrd put the lingerie and perfume back into what looked like an insulated lunchbag, I squeeled --- I mean, Byrd was totally calm and didn't even throw around his trademarked 'tude, but just seeing him do it...let's just say that I'm sure he was glad to return to his crossword puzzle. That evening, when Felicia Byrd asked him about his day, he may have omitted those details. 

Holy smokes,Black Velvet threw that much cash after two or three days?? I guess it happens all over the place with horndog guys...but the real fat cats just move along to the next tan blonde.  The broke-ass dudes who let their wieners run the show end up groveling for money on Judge Judy.

In Uninsured and in Reverse, JJ called the defendant a Bubbameiser.  For those in the know - is that a Yiddish term?  I'm sure it means something hilarious, either about the guy being a goofy moron or having a somewhat Cro-magnan appearance. I think the plaintiffs were two of the most clean-cut looking people we've seen in a while. They were in their Sunday best for court, and they were mild-mannered. Hand-claps for them.

Zachary, the hockey bulldozer, looked like quite the bruiser, and I can only imagine what an a-hole is father is at the games. Sadly, Zachary didn't learn a lesson - the more he saw his father defend his actions, the more bored he became. He just wanted to go to McDonald's and Super Size it. Crap like this makes me so thankful that I don't have kids. I'd have zero interest and zero patience for this type of time-sucking headache-in-action.

The rollerbanged-big browed-red lipped plaintiff needs to tune in to Judge Judy regularly. If she had been a regular viewer, she would have known to stay far away from an untitled anything!

• Love 8
(edited)

The defendant, who falls in the category of pitbull owners

He actually fell in the category I hate the most: A thick, meat-headed, "I seen" asshole. He's a hockey dad who is no doubt at the games yelling and screaming for his kid - who is following in his footsteps - to kill someone. That kind of hit on a player who does not have the puck, is against even NHL rules. I don't blame "Zackery" (sic) at all. I blame asshole Dad.

Oh, Shadi! Thirty-nine years old, still judging a potential hook-up by her horoscope sign. He bought her a 3K purse two days after meeting her! The Victoria's Secret nonsense....I can't even. But it was love at first sight, and we all know that means someone is going to dig out the credit cards. I bet that bitch does this all the time - gets some ridiculous loser to foot her bills.

The uninsured little fucking twerp, Derek, should have left his less-than-helpful witness, Da'Wuan,(??) at home. This is one instance where I really wish JJ had the authority to ask Byrd to slap the stupid out someone.

Edited by AngelaHunter
  • Love 6

Instead of PsychoKlown call me PsychicKlown.....

I predict that asshat hockey dad will have the same future as Thomas Junta.  They even resemble each other.  Thick.

Uninsured And In Reverse

We were howling at this one - if you listen closely, after the defendant's snazzy witness testifies as to who was where when, you can hear the def's surprise at the testimony. Wish we'd gotten to see his reaction!

We came in halfway through the lingerie episode - just as Byrd was tidying up the place. Didn't take long to figure that one out. I agree with Toaster's gavels, but also agreed with JJ's award of the dinner money. Pay him and be done.  She's a player too, for taking all that in during a 3-day fling?

I am for sure going to have to start DVRing JJ this month. Missing too many fun ones! (and not a dog in the bunch today!)

• Love 1
(edited)

The women that was suing because the defendant said that she put the Tv in her unlocked car and someone sole it. The plaintiff said that the defendant pawned her Tv. If she knew that the  Tv hadn't been stolen like the defendant said, why didn't she tell JJ that she had proof that the Tv was pawned ?

Edited by Taylorh2

The women that was suing because the defendant said that she put the Tv in her unlocked car and someone sole it. The plaintif said that the defendant pawned her Tv. If she knew that the  Tv hadn't been stolen like the defendant said, why didn't she tell JJ that she had proof that the Tv was pawned ?

Judge Judy probably would have yelled, "That's HEARSAY" unless the plaintiff had a copy of a pawn ticket, or had brought the pawnbroker into court.

Just finished watching the ice hockey case.  I'm surprised JJ didn't change her mind and give the plaintiff punitive damages after the defendant said that if someone had been killed would he have felt differently and he said, "No."  He'll be visiting his son in prison some day, where the kid will be incarcerated for assault and battery on someone half his size.

• Love 9
(edited)

I assumed that the plaintiff in the stolen Tv case had proof that the Tv was actually pawned and not "stolen"  Didn't she hold up papers in her hallterview suggesting that she did ?

She said..... "I have proof"

Edited by Taylorh2
  • Love 1

I assumed that the plaintiff in the stolen Tv case had proof that the Tv was actually pawned and not "stolen"  Didn't she hold up papers in her hallterview suggesting that she did ?

She said..... "I have proof"

Hmmmm . . . I think you're right.  Maybe if JJ had started to rule in favor of the defendant, there would have been a Perry Mason moment when the plaintiff yells out, "But Your Honor, I have PROOF that she pawned my TV."

Fortunately, it wasn't necessary. 

Excuse me while I go all Giuliana Rancic on Diamond Jim Brady, I could smell the Tom Ford Italian Cypress Cologne that he was drenched in through the TV. You know he paid for the cologne with the last 125 dollars that he had in credit on his Nordstrom card. He had to split the dinner between His Platinum Visa and his Gold Master cards. These guys that dress to the nines and sling gifts around, think they are hot shit because they have credit.

The coach should have informed Big Daddy and Buiser how to dress for court. It might be a good idea for bruiser to take ballet lessons too so he can rely on talent to play hockey instead of brutality.

The car accident, now that was funny shit. These three cases were quite fun.

I was thinking the same thing about the Velvet Fog, or whatever that fabric was he was sporting. He had to use two different cards to pay for a $1600 dinner. Dude, if you don't have enough room for that on one card, maybe buying a woman's affection shouldn't be the route you take to find true love.

I had little sympathy for the love of his life, either. Just because you can take advantage of someone doesn't mean you should. If someone handed me a $3,000 purse as a gift three days into meeting me I'd flat out refuse it anyway. No one does that shit without expecting something in return. And if I want a purse with that price tag I can buy it myself, thank you very much.

The hockey case was worthy of the rare five gavels in my humble opinion. We had video. We had the husky young defendant picking on probably the smallest kid on the ice. We had the unrepentant idiot father. We had the coach who defended the bully bruiser. We had the obligatory sexist remark about ballet in the hallterview. (Side note: anyone who thanks ballet is for sissies has never tried ballet. Baryshnikov could kick that father's ass without breaking a sweat, even at his current age.)I'm actually feel bad for the young bully. With a parent like that, he really doesn't stand a chance.

I enjoyed the case of the Cincinnati drunk designated driver. I really perked up when he said he had video. I thought we were going to see the rare reversal of JJ's mind. Alas, he had a video showing the same thing his picture showed. What a maroon. Why is it that every uninsured driver just missed a payment the day before a crash? They have to be some of the unluckiest people in the world.

• Love 11

The Black Velvet creepster was what Lifetime movies are made of.  Oh, and when Byrd put the lingerie and perfume back into what looked like an insulated lunchbag, I squeeled --- I mean, Byrd was totally calm and didn't even throw around his trademarked 'tude, but just seeing him do it...let's just say that I'm sure he was glad to return to his crossword puzzle. That evening, when Felicia Byrd asked him about his day, he may have omitted those details. 

Holy smokes,Black Velvet threw that much cash after two or three days?? I guess it happens all over the place with horndog guys...but the real fat cats just move along to the next tan blonde.  The broke-ass dudes who let their wieners run the show end up groveling for money on Judge Judy.

The Case of Slim Shadi and Business Barbie….oh, geeze, where do I start? I wish JJ had let him do the show-and-tell with the Victoria's Secret lingerie. I wonder what Shadi wanted to show her.  Was he hoping the underwear was Judy's size? Maybe he was looking to take JJ out afterwards for a lobster cocktail and some high-end purse shopping

But dayyyum! His cards are probably all maxed out. You just know he's met several "soulmates" on match.com since the Business Barbie fiasco in January. 

Did anyone detect a slight accent on Business Barbie? Did she say where she comes from?

• Love 5

Did anyone detect a slight accent on Business Barbie? Did she say where she comes from?

My guess is that she was supressing an Australian accent.

Shadi: "Do I look like I need to buy love?" YES. Clearly, yes.

• Love 6

I'm actually feel bad for the young bully. With a parent like that, he really doesn't stand a chance.

When JJ was admonishing the kid and asked if he understood, he actually looked repentant and like he knew he was wrong.  Cro-mag father will knock that out of him quickly.

• Love 4

What a maroon. Why is it that every uninsured driver just missed a payment the day before a crash? They have to be some of the unluckiest people in the world.

Did you catch the time stamp on the letter? It looked like he had insurance as of 2:49 am.  Time of accident?  2:14 am.

Sorry to have missed the hockey case, but I'm guessing they'll be back on a future episode. Yikes.

("maroon".  hee!)

• Love 5
(edited)

I paused the Reverse Side Swiping guy's letter from the insurance company; sure enough, he'd renewed his lapsed policy 30 minutes after he'd hit six cars. Comedy gold.

Shady Shadi, oh my goodness! Also paused his text messages, but the camera didn't show the entire lengthy one JJ held up to show him. But the parts that did show were scary enough: "OK, give me back my gifts, you would rather be with your friends than with me. Why did you sign up for match.com if you weren't looking for a serious relationship? You obviously have someone sitting next to you telling you what to do, so I don't trust you anymore." etc etc. What a nutcase! But semi-accented Business Barbie wasn't much better, accepting a $3,000 purse and expensive lingerie from a man she's known for two days?? (My Mom used to think it was in appropriate for a lady to accept jewelry from a man that wasn't her fiance or husband; I wonder what her thoughts are on accepting underwear from an admirer?) According to the caption, Barbie works as a medical equipment sales representative - all I could think of was Penny from The Big Bang Theory....a pretty blonde who got her sales job strictly because she was a pretty blonde.

Edited by Ouisch
  • Love 5

I haven't seen the Black Velvet case yet, but I'm prepissed off.  He sounds like a sick stalker and she sounds like an opportunist.  If the roles had been reversed, JJ would have chastised the woman for being stupid enough to shower a perfect stranger with expensive gifts.

• Love 1