Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E10: The End Is Nigh

So if Jeff and Gage will fly to Chico when their baby is born, I assume that means that the baby will return to LA on a private plane? Like her first plane ride will occur when she's three or four days old? She won't remember it, obviously, but--that's kind of cool! 

It was interesting to hear Gage mention his mom. I've always wondered if he's close with his parents and what they think of Jeff and the show. 

And now Gage wants to make brownies! Okay, this is a cute episode. Last week turned my stomach. Damn it show! 

• Love 3

I am excited for them too! I think they will make great parents and will adore that baby. I like Jeff and Gage so much better this season. It sounds like they both have good relationships with their parents and that makes me happy too. So fun seeing them shop for the nursery and hearing that Gage wanted to bake brownies. Now Jenni just needs to be able to have a second baby.

• Love 1

I thought this was a really good season, lots of great design, Jeff's sarcastic wit, and authentic drama like Jenni's pregnancy struggles and Jeff & Gage's baby. Looking forward to next season. 

I was sorry to see that Casey died. I teared up a little.

Edited by absolutelyido
  • Love 4

I also loved seeing their kitty just stretched out on the table among their work papers as they met with the architect. He looked like he was dozing at one point. So sweet. And now they have a kitten too!

• Love 1

I also loved seeing their kitty just stretched out on the table among their work papers as they met with the architect. He looked like he was dozing at one point.

It was sweet how much the new architect loved the kitty! If Jeff needed a sign to sack the other architect and hire this guy instead...

Casey LOVED Jett's baby (in season 4). *sniff* http://www.bravotv.com/flipping-out/season-4/videos/caseys-new-puppy

• Love 3

Oh, sweet dear Casey. I loved seeing the cat cozy up to the architect. Plus the little battle between the kitten and the Siamese. So cute. 

I have a question about Jeff's animals. I am re-watching the early seasons. Jeff had Casey and Oliver, the dogs plus Stewie and Monkey, the cats. He added Chris, the dog, towards the beginning, correct? I have missed the last couple of seasons. I know Monkey passed away. Does Jeff still have Stewie and Oliver? What are the names of the Siamese and the kitten. Mad respect for someone who loves their fur babies so much.

I admit, I cried about Zoila moving out and the little tribute to Casey.

• Love 1

Zoila definitely said by to Oliver and you could see him several times. I think Stewie passed a few years ago, they had both been with him a long time Stews just passed in a not filming season.

The end note made me wonder if there was going to be a small Jeff/Gage/ staff season filming right now including the baby coming. I could legit seeing it going either way. Hoping for a healthy baby girl who is adored by her fathers and everyone else.

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, Willowsmom said:

Not really. Jeff said he'd prefer Gage sending out for brownies because the smell lingers for days.

I know. But after he ended on his thought about it lingering for days he stated that if Gage wanted to make the brownies he was fine with it.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, autumnh said:

Stewie the cat died back in 2015....they addressed his illness that season..

Yes, they showed on camera taking Stewie to the vet to be put down. It was heartbreaking. They were all bawling like babies. And so was I.

Yes, they showed on camera taking Stewie to the vet to be put down. It was heartbreaking. They were all bawling like babies. And so was I.

I actually think that was Monkey, where everyone was at the vet together and they were all crying. Stewie had to be put down and they talked about it on camera but the camera didn't actually go to the vet like it did with Monkey. Stewie died on the same episode where Jeff and Gage gave sperm samples for the IVF and raced each other and Jeff was all cocky before they did it (pardon the pun) but Gage finished in record time. 

According to Jeff's instagram, the Siamese cat is named Patrick and the orange cat is named Carver. 

• Love 1

It was kind of weird to see Shannon Beador on this. And then she mentioned a party that she had that didn't turn out the way she thought it would.  70s party or next week, I wonder.  (She's a housewife on RHOC for those who don't watch the amt of crap that I do).

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Bronzedog said:

It was kind of weird to see Shannon Beador on this. And then she mentioned a party that she had that didn't turn out the way she thought it would.  70s party or next week, I wonder.  (She's a housewife on RHOC for those who don't watch the amt of crap that I do).

But the timeline is messed up, because (allegedly) Shannon didn't sell her house until after the 70s party and this episode they were shopping for the new place already. Plus, she said something about how only her kitchen was done, meaning she was already in the new place.*

Maybe she had another party? 

P.s. I see your RHOC crap and raise you a RHONY and a RHONJ. ;)

• Love 4
9 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

It was kind of weird to see Shannon Beador on this. And then she mentioned a party that she had that didn't turn out the way she thought it would.

Thank you for explaining. I was wondering what kind of person gets into fights at a party they throw. Now I understand.

• Love 1
8 hours ago, Suck It Trebek said:

But the timeline is messed up, because (allegedly) Shannon didn't sell her house until after the 70s party and this episode they were shopping for the new place already. Plus, she said something about how only her kitchen was done, meaning she was already in the new place.*

Maybe she had another party? 

P.s. I see your RHOC crap and raise you a RHONY and a RHONJ. ;)

They are talking about a different party. Shannon hosted the 70s party but it wasn't at her house. 

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 1

Gage, a classic stoic reserved midwesterner, seems way more bonded with the baby than hotheaded Jeff does. Maybe Jeff is creating and using all the house chaos to avoid dealing with the reality of his life changing.

How could someone so experienced as Jeff not realize that his property would require so much work?

Does he ever NOT trash customers on national TV? I think only if you are a passive, non-assertive customer.

Zoila seems relieved to be free from being Jeff's 24/7 hostage. Maybe she didn't leave sooner because she needed him to give her permission - that is, to commit to her financially in semi-retirement. I can see him holding the money over her head to keep her in his home.

I'm so sick of Jenny shoving her baby drama into every conversation. She managed to insert her fertility issues throughout the Chino surrogacy visit. She needs a lot of attention about it.

Loved seeing the kitty and the architect. I betcha the new architect is insisting that the original architect finish the job because he knows what a nightmare it would be to step in the middle of that mess.

Edited by pasdetrois
  • Love 1

I've been thinking about this "brownies make the house smell for three days" business, and the only kind of brownies that I've ever known to do that are...special brownies. That doesn't seem like the kind of thing Gage would be into, but the idea of these uptight, workaholic control freaks unwinding on a Sunday by partaking in edibles and then vegging on the couch and giggling about their cats' antics for hours pleases me. 

• Love 2

I'm like others in here...when I first found out Jeff and Gage were going to try and have a baby I was like, fuck no! I just went through this on Million Dollar NY with Fredrik and his husband. I was beyond done with hearing about eggs (Jennie now too!) and finding surrogates, please make it stop was my original thought.

Regarding the overall story, I think it helped that Jeff and Gage had a much better and smoother process than Fredrik has had and so it wasn't as intrusive to the season, at least from what we saw it seemed fairly simple. And now this episode actually had me wishing this baby would hurry the hell up so I can see how Jeff and Gage are as parents. They were cute, even some of the awkward Chino scenes. Jeff and I both went through the same emotions and thoughts during the ep and even at the end were on the same page regarding the surrogate and her parents and the delivery. I'm most interested in seeing Gage with the baby because he is so reserved.

Edited by jvr

None of my business really, but Jeff talking about this as a "business" transaction made me wonder. What kind of money does (can) Alexandra make from this process. I know that it is probably couched in "expenses" rather than "payment" but I would think it would need to be fairly significant for a basic stranger to go through for someone else.

This episode was the first one I got a really good look at the surrogate and was surprised about two things:

1.  She is far heavier (not pregnancy related) than I would expect Jeff and Gage to find acceptable- especially Jeff.

2.  While I do think she is pretty, again I'm surprised that she is not drop dead gorgeous having watched Jeff and his eye for ascetics for years.  

1 minute ago, crgirl412 said:

This episode was the first one I got a really good look at the surrogate and was surprised about two things:

1.  She is far heavier (not pregnancy related) than I would expect Jeff and Gage to find acceptable- especially Jeff.

2.  While I do think she is pretty, again I'm surprised that she is not drop dead gorgeous having watched Jeff and his eye for ascetics for years.  

She is just the carrier not the egg donor which was why it was weird that they were talking about seeing what her parents were like would be helpful because there is no genetic connection.

Just now, biakbiak said:

She is just the carrier not the egg donor which was why it was weird that they were talking about seeing what her parents were like would be helpful because there is no genetic connection.

Oooooohh.....  Who is the egg from??  Those younger girls on Vander Pump Rules or Southern Charm would've worked nicely (except that nasty Stasi.)

1 minute ago, crgirl412 said:

Oooooohh.....  Who is the egg from??  Those younger girls on Vander Pump Rules or Southern Charm would've worked nicely (except that nasty Stasi.)

We don't know. They went through an agency that was shown on camera but that donor fell through apparently and Jeff mentioned on a podcast that right after that they found a friend of a friend who was the donor but he didn't say anything more and she wasn't filmed.

• Love 1
Just now, biakbiak said:

We don't know. They went through an agency that was shown on camera but that donor fell through apparently and Jeff mentioned on a podcast that right after that they found a friend of a friend who was the donor but he didn't say anything more and she wasn't filmed.

Thanks!! 

...this... close to the action.

I live in Chico -- about 2 blocks from Enloe Hospital -- where the Flipping Out Baby is going to be born in about a month !!

http://www.enloe.org/services-and-treatments/mother-baby-care-center/mother-baby-care-center

Chico lost its only commercial air service about three years ago, so they were right about it being a two-hour drive from the Sacramento Airport. Travel pretty much takes a full day from SoCal.  Even when we had airline service, it was an unreliable connection via San Francisco International.  I don't even bother with flying via Sacramento, as it can take as long as just driving to Socal (a rather easy 8-9 hour drive).  A quick google shows a private jet would run roughly 5K, though I suspect it was Bravo-paid or somehow otherwise compensated.

It looked like the sonogram was taken at a new-ish place near our Kohls, just a short distance from Chico Mall.  And of course, aside from Chico State University, the only claim to fame is being home to Sierra Nevada Brewery, where they had lunch with the new-age-ish parents.

http://www.sierranevada.com/

Because Chico is a college town, it skews pretty liberal, though it is in the heart of the crazy Republican part of CA.  Seems that they were in town in late July (which would be the 6-month timeframe).  At that time if year, it's dreadfully hot and the town is quiet -- 20K students are gone, so that leaves roughly 50K locals. Yes, there is no traffic.

As for the show, it was somewhat nice that they showed the "end results" of several of their projects this season.  The faux drama of 'The Money Pit' fell flat for me.  Clearly the best answer for them at this stage is to find some temporary housing solution, if things are truly so disheveled as it appears.

18 hours ago, dleighg said:

None of my business really, but Jeff talking about this as a "business" transaction made me wonder. What kind of money does (can) Alexandra make from this process. I know that it is probably couched in "expenses" rather than "payment" but I would think it would need to be fairly significant for a basic stranger to go through for someone else.

She probably makes about 50k plus addition allowances for expenses a women would have while carrying a baby (clothes, food? etc.). The rest of the expense is in the medical expenses/insurance, lawyers, agency fees etc. And all final cost is dependent on her having a smooth uncomplicated pregnancy and delivery. I don't know if 50k is significant to you.

I'm guessing she got even more money to agree to be filmed. There was no guarantee their surrogate would feel comfortable being on camera and sharing this process with the public. I guess Bravo would have still followed them around and just blurred out her face or not focused on her in the hospital sonogram scenes and such. I guess they lucked out in more ways than one with her.

On 9/15/2016 at 7:09 PM, Petunia13 said:

What a boring finale

yeah, it just sort of stopped in a weird place as well. The other thing I thought strange was the BravoTV bug throughout said "Finale" as opposed to "Season Finale." I kept thinking through the whole episode, "Is this it?", "The last of Jeff Lewis & co."?  I remember that old "Blow Out" series with hair guy Jonathan Antin ended when he had a kid and I thought this might be a parallel conclusion to this series. Not everyone wants their parenting documented for all to see.

It'll be interesting to see how they are as daddies. I somehow feel Jeff will be the softie and worry wart and Gage will be the calm papa and authoritarian. But it could be opposite. 

I also hope they stay friendly w the surrogate. In just a friendly appreciative way. She seems like a great lady. 

• Love 2