Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E10: P.S.L.

yeswedo

So all the problems with Mike not being a lawyer could have been solved years ago by calling him a "consultant" instead of a "lawyer?" And it took Harvard Law alum Harvey how many years to figure this out?  Meanwhile, Jessica, also a Harvard Law grad, is taking cross-examination tips from the movie A Few Good Men.  I think Harvard should sue the producers of Suits.

• Love 14

I remembered that Gina Torres got a pilot at ABC, but thought she was slated to do both.  There goes my reason for watching to the bitter end.  No more awesome clothes, hair and aura.  It was a slap in my face that they sent her off with JEFF!  What a terrible mis-match.  I would have been much happier if they brought in a totally different character that swept her off her feet this season. 

Oh well, it is certainly not the first time I was disappointed.  Of course, I saw a spoiler online, so now I don't have to even watch this episode 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, catrice2 said:

I remembered that Gina Torres got a pilot at ABC, but thought she was slated to do both.  There goes my reason for watching to the bitter end.  No more awesome clothes, hair and aura.  It was a slap in my face that they sent her off with JEFF!  What a terrible mis-match.  I would have been much happier if they brought in a totally different character that swept her off her feet this season. 

Oh well, it is certainly not the first time I was disappointed.  Of course, I saw a spoiler online, so now I don't have to even watch this episode 

Jeff's actor is busy with Lucifer, so they couldn't have gotten him back

They could always have Jessica come back

Good on Gina Torres for getting out. She deserves WAY better than this show. But damn, what are they going to do without her? And more importantly, how many of those outfits did she steal from wardrobe on her way out?

So much of this episode was ridiculous, but I admit, I did experience some emotions at times, which puts it far above the rest of the season.

Not sure I can stand another season of Harvey, Louis, and Mike running around shouting at each other while madly trying to put out the fires they themselves set. But I have a feeling curiosity will bring me back again, just to see what the hell they try and do now. Watching this show try to write itself out of corners is like watching a rat try to navigate a maze. You don't depend on it to lead the way, you're just fascinated by what it does when it encounters simple obstacles.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Valerie said:

For me, that makes the entire shitty season worth it.

The little retort to Louis between Harvey and StockBroker guy made this episode for me.

A new drink category?  One drink for every cliffhanger ending.  Too late?  Rats.

Mike telling Rachel that she kicked ass in the courtroom was laughably ridiculous.  A man is on trial for his life and you (the defense lawyer) allow a scared-in-her-pants paralegal to take his testimony?  And then she hinges on his missing daughter instead of any evidence.  Which, apparently, consists solely of blood on his clothes and the lack of an alibi.   He says the police arrived and the next thing he knows, he's in prison for murder, and Rachel doesn't follow up on the interim proceedings. But everything's okay because after visiting an opposing witness out of court, she convinces Jessica  to put the father on the stand, knowing he would cave just like Colonel Jessup.  Right. 

Louis, please.

They need to find an attorney with a name that starts with O so next season they can be SOL all season long. 

Jessica's backstory was the most interesting part of the episode, at least the way it was presented.  I could have watched and entire episode of her.  So she's moving to Chicago, eh?  This wouldn't be the start of yet another Dick Wolf franchise, Chicago Law, I hope.

• Love 6

Gina Torres is gone?  There goes my reason for watching.  Because despite Rachel trying her darndest to be Jessica-lite, she ain't no Jessica Pearson.  And the actress can't fill Gina Torres' (always fabulous) shoes (and clothes).

• Love 6
36 minutes ago, luckyroll3 said:

Gina Torres is gone?  There goes my reason for watching.  Because despite Rachel trying her darndest to be Jessica-lite, she ain't no Jessica Pearson.  And the actress can't fill Gina Torres' (always fabulous) shoes (and clothes).

During the first five years the show could have done without Jessica but after the mess that was season six the show for me is toast with the end of that character. Time to move on.

Also, not sure how Tara could know who the father is, since Louis came after the first boyfriend, not before.

I also don't see how the actually father can be removed from the baby's life, unless that's what he wants, but since he also proposed to Tara without even knowing she was pregnant, it doesn't seem likely.

NYT: Gina Torres On Why She Decided to Leave Suits

The episode, which added another twist to the tumultuous sixth season of the USA Network legal drama, marks the end, for now, of a character that had been with “Suits” from the beginning. For Gina Torres, the actress who plays her, the departure kicks off a new career chapter. She has joined “The Catch,” the stylish ABC private-investigation series from Shonda Rhimes and Betsy Beers, returning for its second season early next year.

“My contract was up, so this wasn’t a power play that went terribly wrong,” Ms. Torres said about her decision to leave “Suits.” After years of traveling between the show’s Toronto set and Los Angeles, where she lives with her husband, the actor Laurence Fishburne, and their daughter, the actress was ready for a change. “My personal life needed to be tended to,” she said.

So, kind of like her reason for leaving PSL.

• Love 1

Probably the best show of the season but for me it's too late. Too many convoluted story lines and frankly a show with only Donna, Rachel, Mike, Louis and Harvey would not be something I want to watch so I'm done.

The first 5 seasons were very good but the 6th frankly sucked. Like two other USA shows Burn Notice and White Collar, the shows got boring to watch.

Hope everyone that comes back is rewarded with something decent to watch.

Ciao

Edited by CaptainCranky
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, gymratgrandma said:

I have never heard of the catch and it's going into its second season. Then again I am not a big  fan if Shonda shows. They get too outrageous too fast 

i thought this was Suits last season 

The Catch, a midyear replacement, had a brief first season (10 episodes). I know this board isn't the place to discuss that show, but I will say that by episode 10, the "hard to believe" line, to quote Joey Tribbiani, was already a dot. So Gina may have a lot more time with her family. 

And, this show would have been a really good way to end the series, some people getting HEAs and everyone moving on and facing challenges. 

• Love 2
7 hours ago, gymratgrandma said:

I have never heard of the catch and it's going into its second season. Then again I am not a big  fan if Shonda shows. They get too outrageous too fast 

i thought this was Suits last season 

I watch the first few episodes of The Catch, bored me - I normally like the Shonda popcorny shows, too.

I really hope that season 6B is okay and that 7 is the final season of Suits, however.

• Love 1
21 hours ago, marcee said:

THAT CAN'T BE TRUE -- BECAUSE SHE DIDN'T HAVE A ROOMMATE!
*duuuun duuuunnnnnn*

I cackled. Outright CACKLED.

Reminded me of the first episode The Grinder, which was so sadly canceled last year. One of the funniest shows in ages, and the end of the pilot ends just like that, for comedic purposes of course. That was so ridiculous. And now Mike can come back as a consultant? Oh show.

Didn't know until I came here that this was Gina Torres' last episode. Hope her new job works out well for her but I also hate to see her go. This might've been a good time to end the series but I guess the show must go on. They better bring in a strong female character because I don't think Donna and Rachel are going to be enough to keep the show from turning into testosterone-infused frat house with Harvey, Louis, and Mike running things.

• Love 2

Honestly, when I heard GT was leaving, I debated even watching this one but finally did watch.  They must not have been too optimistic about getting renewed because that was one of the better (non)series finales I've ever seen.  (Reminds me of S4 season finale of Leverage, which would have also been a perfect series finale.) 

I might just let this be *my* Suits finale because unless they cast someone intriguing to replace Jessica or start the next season really strong, I don't think I want to mess with the nice glow I got from it.     

• Love 5

Oh, show. I think it officially became a caricature of itself this episode. Good on Gina Torres for finally deciding to move on. She's clearly ahead of me.

How I imagine Gina's leaving went:

(Gina Torres walks into Aaron Korsh's office, hands him a folded up piece of paper.)

AK: What the Hell is this?

GT: It's my goddamn resignation. I've had it up to here with these ridiculous plotlines, the constant yelling, and the ludicrous hook of Mike-the-Not-Lawyer. I'm leaving this piece of shit show.

AK: The Hell you are.

GT: The Hell I'm not.

AK: After all we've done for you, you come in here and try to pull this shit with me? Do you know who you're dealing with?

GT: How dare you? If it wasn't for me, this show wouldn't have half the class it has left. Aside from the pretty outfits your clothing department gives us to wear, the only reason we're still on the air is because I bring dignity to the show. (turns and walks to the door without waiting for a response)

AK: (sputtering mad, speechless).

GT: (over her shoulder) And you'd better goddamn give Jessica a happy ending. None of that petty "killing her off" shit, or you'll find out just what a real lawyer can do.

Edited by Cthulhudrew
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, Cthulhudrew said:

Oh, show. I think it officially became a caricature of itself this episode. Good on Gina Torres for finally deciding to move on. She's clearly ahead of me.

How I imagine Gina's leaving went:

(Gina Torres walks into Aaron Korsh's office, hands him a folded up piece of paper.)

AK: What the Hell is this?

GT: It's my goddamn resignation. I've had it up to here with these ridiculous plotlines, the constant yelling, and the ludicrous hook of Mike-the-Not-Lawyer. I'm leaving this piece of shit show.

AK: The Hell you are.

GT: The Hell I'm not.

AK: After all we've done for you, you come in here and try to pull this shit with me? Do you know who you're dealing with?

GT: How dare you? If it wasn't for me, this show wouldn't have half the class it has left. Aside from the pretty outfits your clothing department gives us to wear, the only reason we're still on the air is because I bring dignity to the show. (turns and walks to the door without waiting for a response)

AK: (sputtering mad, speechless).

GT: (over her shoulder) And you'd better goddamn give Jessica a happy ending. None of that petty "killing her off" shit, or you'll find out just what a real lawyer can do.

The hook of the show was good, they just needed to give it a more visible Blue Skies attitude - like making Mike a consultant from the start, or have Mike go to undergrad & law school while working for the firm, then when the secret is discovered, Mike helped so many people that they decided to hide it because reason.

• Love 2

This episode was very much in keeping with the rest of the season.... rubbish. That whole Louis-and-the-Designer story made me roll my eyes so hard and yawn so hard that I nearly fell off of my chair. I don't know why we're expected to buy into that relationship when it has been 3 weeks? Really?

Rachel is weak. Mike hasn't learned a thing. Harvey has no remorse. Donna is no longer awesome. Jessica is gone.

I LOVED this show, but sadly, I think I'm done.

Bye Felicia.

• Love 2

I just ignored Louis and the designer.  This episode, with Jessica's backstory and her trial participation made it work for me.   

Facebook has been showing me ads for trial lawyers ever since I researched the penalties for federal drunk driving. Even with the show over, it's still annoying me. 

Edited by tessaray
On September 14, 2016 at 11:30 PM, Athena5217 said:

So all the problems with Mike not being a lawyer could have been solved years ago by calling him a "consultant" instead of a "lawyer?" And it took Harvard Law alum Harvey how many years to figure this out?  Meanwhile, Jessica, also a Harvard Law grad, is taking cross-examination tips from the movie A Few Good Men.  I think Harvard should sue the producers of Suits.

Amen to that!

On September 15, 2016 at 2:42 AM, Slovenly Muse said:

And more importantly, how many of those outfits did she steal from wardrobe on her way out?

The show should just give her those clothes as a goodbye present, because NOBODY will be able to rock them like she does.

• Love 2
On 9/14/2016 at 11:30 PM, Athena5217 said:

In the show's defense, I don't think Mike would have had the knowledge (book knowledge, yes; legal knowledge, no) to be a consultant right off the bat. However, I do think he would have made a great paralegal. I'm not really clear on his reason for hiring Mike in the first place. It seems like it was just for kicks. But this is too serious to have been just for kicks. And I always wondered why Mike couldn't just walk away from it. I mean, I know things didn't work out at the hedge fund but not everyone is cut out to work at a hedge fund and clearly Mike wasn't. Before PSL he was a bike messenger. Is there no profession that's somewhere between bike messenger and fake lawyer? I mean, even Harvey worked in the mail room before going to law school. Rachel was a paralegal, which doesn't have a specific set of criteria. 

I would have rather seen a show about his brilliance and photographic memory being the brains behind the lawyers. The fraud was far-fetched to begin with and got even worse as the show progressed and so many people found out. I have no idea why I stuck it out so long. 

• Love 2
On 9/19/2016 at 9:25 PM, timimouse said:

This episode was very much in keeping with the rest of the season.... rubbish. That whole Louis-and-the-Designer story made me roll my eyes so hard and yawn so hard that I nearly fell off of my chair. I don't know why we're expected to buy into that relationship when it has been 3 weeks? Really?

Rachel is weak. Mike hasn't learned a thing. Harvey has no remorse. Donna is no longer awesome. Jessica is gone.

I LOVED this show, but sadly, I think I'm done.

Bye Felicia.

I LOATHE the Louis/architect story line. The lengths he went to just to get a date with that woman is so foolish, needing Donna to intervene for every little thing was annoying to watch. And yes, the relationship is short-lived if we realize that designer was brought in to help rebuild the place after Mike went to jail and Mike wasn't in jail but a hot minute. 

Rachel was soooo much more interesting as a paralegal that Mike had a crush on. Harvey sucks and hasn't learned his lesson.  I don't think he had any legitimate reason for jeopardizing his career, his clients' futures, his colleagues' careers, Jessica's career, the firm. I mean, it was all for laughs. Donna bores me and is way too needy. I only became interested in Jessica in later seasons and now she's gone. A Daddy Zane merger might add some more interesting stories. I would love to see them practice law and see how he interacts with the loser son-in-law to be who's now a consultant. But then Rachel would be even whinier than ever. I dunno. I guess it's time to give up on this show. 

• Love 1
On ‎15‎.‎9‎.‎2016 at 9:37 PM, ItCouldBeWorse said:

Also, not sure how Tara could know who the father is, since Louis came after the first boyfriend, not before.

I also don't see how the actually father can be removed from the baby's life, unless that's what he wants, but since he also proposed to Tara without even knowing she was pregnant, it doesn't seem likely.

Tara knows the father because of the length of pregnancy. She hasn't met her boy-friend for (at least) some weeks. If she were carrying Louis's baby, she wouldn't even know about pregancy since they have dated only a couple of days. 

I don't know the US laws, but here the husband of the child's mother is legally tthe father of the child and  only of the married couple agrees, the biological father can demand to be legally the father.

In this case, if Tara doesn't tell his ex-boyfriend, how can he even know he is the father because they had an open relationship? 

On ‎22‎.‎9‎.‎2016 at 10:41 PM, love2lovebadtv said:

I LOATHE the Louis/architect story line. The lengths he went to just to get a date with that woman is so foolish, needing Donna to intervene for every little thing was annoying to watch. And yes, the relationship is short-lived if we realize that designer was brought in to help rebuild the place after Mike went to jail and Mike wasn't in jail but a hot minute. 

I agree. Further, Louis has known the architect a couple of days, they had one date and then a wonderful night, but they don't know each other at all and hadn't lived together. Louis rushed to propose because he feels that this is his last chance to get a family.

I miss Sheila. With her Louis had a real relationhip. What a waste that Louis missed it for Mike and again when he insisted to work only in New York. 

Continueing: it all happened so fast, that it could be phony. What if the architect has no long-distance boyfriend or if she has, it was he who dumped her. Then, after realizing pregnancy and noticing how blind love-struck Louis is, she wants to get a father to her baby.