Type keyword(s) to search

Jeremy and Auj Poj

• Start Topic

17 minutes ago, Latenites said:

I'm afraid to ask, but what pads does she put oil on? I'm new to this forum. 

Welcome to the forum!  :-)  

I guess you now know what those oils are for now.  Maybe for a split second...before needing burn cream...

• Love 1
36 minutes ago, Willowsmom said:

Auj touts essential oils and has said she pre-made menstrual pads with oils and froze them. 

WTF!??? I'm sorry but that's just bizarre. And the reason for doing this is???

30 minutes ago, Jellybeans said:

Welcome to the forum!  :-)  

I guess you now know what those oils are for now.  Maybe for a split second...before needing burn cream...

Thanks for the welcome ! 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, ZoloftBlob said:

Because it's too private to reveal what you're naming the baby or when it is born but it's not too private to let the public know how you plan to use scented oil on a frozen menstrual pad to ease your ravaged crotch.

It's all about the $$ they'll get for a magazine exclusive. 

• Love 1

I can see her waiting for a magazine exclusive to reveal Daisy Braids in her full (better be red-headed!) glory.  But I can't imagine her resisting showing her adoring public a photo of a hand or foot, along with a Bible verse of course, before then. 

First pic of baby Ember. http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-moms/news/audrey-roloff-gives-birth-welcomes-daughter-with-husband-jeremy-w499518

It's probably just me. And they could just be exhausted. But, those look more like clenched teeth than proud/happy smiles. I just don't see joy.

4 minutes ago, thebalconyfool said:

Ok. They look happy in those pictures. 

Edited by Tidbit
  • Love 1

my nephew started out pretty bald but it appeared to be a dark blonde (like most of our family and my other two nephews) but now he's a little over one and looks to be full blown redhead.  Which we don't have any redheads in our family..... 

Edited by gunderda

I knew they would come up with something hipster-ish.  Ember.

I hate myself for sort of liking it. It has a nice ring to it and it's unique.  Lotta pressure to have red hair, tho ... She looks pretty bald at this point, so it's hard to tell.  

I am guessing Audrey is going to be staring at the poor baby's head non-stop until it sprouts the first lock.

Edited by Celia Rubenstein
to add that I HATE the "Jean" part ...
  • Love 6

I think I would like it more if they weren't all "OMG I HOPE SHE'S GOT RED HAIR!!!" And I agree with you Celia, by itself, its not a bad name if a lil trendy but Ember Jean? Jean is too blunt. I would have done Ember Lynn or something.

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, gonecrackers said:

It makes me think of a fireplace.

It makes me think of a glowing ember.  Daisy Braids may have quite a temper.  She's already late and momma says Jeremy's family is a former family.  Does that mean Amy is a former grandmother?

• Love 3

Our last name is a homophone of "car."

We knew it would be stupid to name our kids things like Ford, Red, Sport.  We joked about naming our son Little Red, but it was a joke.  

One should consider lots of things when choosing names . . . or, if you're a woman who is changing her name when marrying, make sure the new name doesn't clash with your first name (or keep your maiden name).

• Love 1

My only concern is that its like they are deciding now she'll be a red head whether she likes it or not... whether she actually has red hair or not... it's too soon to know now, babies notoriously have a trait at birth only to lose it a few months later (or red hair) or even vice versa be born with light hair for it to fall out and come back blonde... I guess my point is that it kinda pains me that they are putting so much emphasis on a trait that this child may or may not have...now even her name is "hinged" on it.

• Love 1

I'm not mad at the name. It's hipster, but at least it's a name most people can spell. If she doesn't have red hair, they can just say she's full of light or whatever.

I do think Auj is going to be a nightmare as a first-time mom. Makes me glad I was the youngest of three, as my parents were very laid-back by the time I arrived.

• Love 3

I'm happy to hear that Audrey and baby are safe and healthy but now it's going to be tiresome to hear about how incredibly painful labor was and how no no woman on the face of the Earth has ever endured what Audrey had to do to give birth

• Love 5
28 minutes ago, Caracoa1 said:

I'm happy to hear that Audrey and baby are safe and healthy but now it's going to be tiresome to hear about how incredibly painful labor was and how no no woman on the face of the Earth has ever endured what Audrey had to do to give birth

... or done it as well. She will be crowned labor queen.

• Love 1
Just now, Jellybeans said:

Ember Jean.  Don't forget the middle name.

Oops, my bad!

Does she come with a scarf to tie in a knot at the top of her head??

I bet they stole that name from a Cabbage Patch Doll box!

Can I also add that Audrey is pretty without her Oompa Loompa shades of makeup! 

• Love 4
57 minutes ago, Shmoopaloop said:

In my head, the name Ember sounds like an old redneck woman trying to say the name Amber.  "Git over heeeere, Eeeeember!"

But, what do I know? I gave my kid a normal name. 

This is exactly what I thought, she is going to be confused with Amber all the time! 

• Love 3
7 hours ago, Shmoopaloop said:
8 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

Why would Amy take it upon herself to post an announcement that way?  These people are not social media newbies and they know the ropes as far as PR goes. Amy should have been a little more considerate. It wasn't her place.

I know Jerk and Odd annoy, and they are gonna work this whole baby/parenthood thing for all its worth ... but it is their baby that was just born. They should get to do the announcement making.

The whole idea of Amy doing that makes me wonder if she really doesn't like Audrey and did it on purpose just to take the piss out of her. Ha

Yeah, I'm sure they loved that. Especially with all the boundary talk. 

Part of me wonders if they told Amy "we've already posted to social media" letting her think it was ok to do it and then suddenly "No, we never said you could post." Because it's not their fault that Amy didn't understand the boundaries. This also gives them justifcation to keep precious Ember Jean (her mom's the labor queen.....) from Amy. They just can't trust her not to post about Ember Jean, putting their daughter in danger.

• Love 2

It's funny. I am half Scottish and come from a long line of red heads. My husband is Italian with dark features. Our first two children (boys) do not have red hair so I assumed our third and final child (a girl) would also not have red hair so I specifically named her after two of my favorite red heads Amelia Earhart and Lucille Ball. She does not have red hair and if she did have red hair at birth I probably would have changed my mind about those names for her. Too cheesy, IMO. I did do it as a way to honor two bad ass red heads that I admire and to give a shout out to my own genes that get lost amongst the Italian ones when it comes to making babies :) 

Ember is just like a country person mispronouncing Amber. I hear it all the time. I would have gone with Ruby personally if I had to go with a name that is also the color red.

• Love 2

I think they told Amy to delete because they wanted the first announcements of Ember's arrival to come from online celebrity gossip sites. Someone knew to start reporting this birth so someone made a phone call, or two, to the right people of course. Geesh Amy, get with the fame whore program already.

• Love 5

Ember! What a little name chase they led us on. Daisy chain or precious Ruby, makes both the daisy photo shoot and silly signs just that much more ridiculous. At least before we could speculate that there was a meaning and a purpose beyond self indulgence.  I hope that when she is older and looks back on the story of her birth, she will be able to view it all objectively. I hope she will see all the selfishness and branding and think hey, these are my young, dumb parents but I know they love me.  I really hope someday she will be able to find little rays of love in the self importance displayed.  Right now all I see is branding. I see their attempt at branding in their carefully scripted post birth interview. I didn't feel that sweet wonder that comes through when people talk of the birth of their child, I just saw selfishness and branding. 

• Love 7

When you think about it, living in the reality show world is insane.  Amy clearly loves her kids and would not release information about her new granddaughter to spite anyone.  What's bizarre about this world is that a grandparent is expected to hold back on the joyous news of the birth of a grandchild so that the media gets first bite at the story.  I know that D List celebs are often looking to sell a story to the tabloids, but there are things more important than dollar signs.  (There are these things called "jobs" that can provide income.)  When my friends have had grandchildren they have all but shouted it from the rooftops and that's a wonderful, natural thing.  Heck, I've been told of a number of pending arrivals by doting soon-to-be grandparents before the mom-to-be even had an official doctor's confirmation.  It's just such an odd way to live.

That having been said, God bless the new little one and her family.

• Love 5