Type keyword(s) to search

Danielle and Mohamed: The Original Mess

• Start Topic

12 minutes ago, GracieK said:

But I don't think anyone here is arguing that he should be forced to stay in a marriage or live with her.  They have no business being in a relationship and Danielle had no business bringing him over here to the detriment of her children.  I just think he should be sent back because this was all a scam and I don't think our system should be used and abused in that manner with no consequences. 

It's been made clear that a lot of people think he should be deported.  The fact is, deportation requires evidence that has a basis in law; emotions and feelings don't count.  The chance of him being deported due to marriage fraud are dim due to the heaps of testimony from Dani contradicting it.  There's no abuse of the system involved, unless it's on Dani's part.  The consequences would be hers.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
28 minutes ago, Virtually Me said:

It's been made clear that a lot of people think he should be deported.  The fact is, deportation requires evidence that has a basis in law; emotions and feelings don't count.  The chance of him being deported due to marriage fraud are dim due to the heaps of testimony from Dani contradicting it.  There's no abuse of the system involved, unless it's on Dani's part.  The consequences would be hers.

That's the thing. IF he committed immigration fraud, he certainly would never do it again.  However, I think that she certainly would! There are quite a few rumors about her, too, and as I understand it, there's been a revolving door on her bedroom ever since Mo left last December. She had a man in by Christmas because, as she put it, "I need sex." There were also things going on while Mo was living in the house, everything from beaver skyping to maintaining her Meetme profile with a photo of herself wearing her wedding dress! I kid you not.

Of course she's got a man in her bed now, but who knows how long that will last? I think as soon as she's cut free from Mo, she'll be craving another sweet young thing and the only way for her to get that is to start fishing in foreign waters.  It's sad, but true. She's found a system that she can exploit, and she'll lie and cheat again in order to do that ~ UNLESS, and only unless she suffers some sort of consequence for this one because she absolutely deceived immigration! Also, as soon as she gets him here, she'll act crazy and yell at weird times and lock him in her bedroom when he tries to get away ~ basically, she'll treat him like a disposable blowup doll with no regard for his feelings. And if the next young man is repulsed by her bizarre behavior, she won't even notice or care.

On 10/23/2016 at 7:52 AM, realitymaven said:

No, he already had his expensive Canada Goose winter coat from NY mistress by then, so no shivering. She had also bought him a bicycle so he could get to Walmart without having to use his legs for walking. So Mo probably spotted Mrs. Walmart and thought "Aha, just my type". lol

I was just kidding around, like he only had a thin coat for protection against the elements inside the Walmart. 

• Love 7
1 minute ago, CoachWristletJen said:

That's the thing. IF he committed immigration fraud, he certainly would never do it again.  However, I think that she certainly would! There are quite a few rumors about her, too, and as I understand it, there's been a revolving door on her bedroom ever since Mo left last December. She had a man in by Christmas because, as she put it, "I need sex." There were also things going on while Mo was living in the house, everything from beaver skyping to maintaining her Meetme profile with a photo of herself wearing her wedding dress! I kid you not.

Of course she's got a man in her bed now, but who knows how long that will last? I think as soon as she's cut free from Mo, she'll be craving another sweet young thing and the only way for her to get that is to start fishing in foreign waters.  It's sad, but true. She's found a system that she can exploit, and she'll lie and cheat again in order to do that ~ UNLESS, and only unless she suffers some sort of consequence for this one because she absolutely deceived immigration! Also, as soon as she gets him here, she'll act crazy and yell at weird times and lock him in her bedroom when he tries to get away ~ basically, she'll treat him like a disposable blowup doll with no regard for his feelings. And if the next young man is repulsed by her bizarre behavior, she won't even notice or care.

I don't know what I can add to your post, but, it deserves to be repeated because it's all true.  Dani is not the victim here.  That is a fact.

• Love 8
On 10/23/2016 at 8:22 AM, realitymaven said:

I do too and it's largely thanks to the amazing speech Michelle Obama gave recently with it's "it's not okay" refrain. In this story, it's pretty obvious to see the kind of man Mo is: he's arrogant, self-entitled, deceitful, churlish when he doesn't get his own way and an all around pain in the ass. But he seems to get a pass when the woman (in this case Danielle) "deserves" it. She's too fat, can't dress herself well, has an annoying voice and manner, is too stupid to walk and chew gum at the same time....the list is endless. But how does that make Mo's treatment of her permissible or even excusable? I think it's because over the years, decades women have had it pounded into our heads that that's the way the world works. Being attractive to the opposite sex is a big part of your value as a woman. Behaving how you're supposed to be behave without being "shrill" or "demanding": those are considered virtues too. Even when the rational part of our brains reject those standards, the old standards creep in on little cat feet. Hell yeah, Mo deserves to stay in the U.S. because.....well just look at his wife. But we ignore the fact that Mo didn't just recoil from his wife, he went out of his way time and time again to publicly humiliate her. The level of cruelty is something we wouldn't tolerate if Danielle had been a more attractive victim. It's curious when you think about it.

Mohamed and Tom both trying to sway her really made me physically uncomfortable to watch. Intimidation in Tom's house of horrors. Even the car wouldn't start. I felt the duress and I didn't like it, or myself for watching it. i love this shit, but that scene made me uncomfortable. Tom has a vibe of one of the creepy guys they always catch on The Blacklist. 

• Love 18

Tom's sofa brought me back to my childhood.  That thing is at least 30 years old lol.  My mom had one just like it that she bought in the 1980's during a teaching stint in Alaska.  I'm watching this scene, thinking, the section that Mo is sitting on has a manual footrest, there's a pull out bed to the right of where Dani's sitting.  It was so comfy.  Ahhhh . . .

Edited by Virtually Me
  • Love 5
5 hours ago, Drogo said:

I can believe that Mohamed left his job and family in Tunisia to come and be with Danielle who allegedly had a home and could offer him financial security in a country where he could pursue grander ambitions once naturalized and established.  I can also believe that he was willing to wed and bed and spend a significant amount of time if not forever with her if things were as they had been promised. 

Many other cultures are cut and dry about the reasons for a marriage and not quite as hung up on chemistry and soulmates as we can be in the States. 

I don't deny that he's a crapbag now, but I can believe his original intentions weren't in line with his current activity.  And Danielle... she's... not right.

As a western culture, we are inclined to think of marriage within a romantic context. But that's not true of every culture and, even for us, it's a fairly new concept. I totally believe that Mo came over with fairly benign intentions: he'd marry a stable woman with a home, they'd be friends, he'd find work in the US, and while he might not be physically attracted to her they could still have a solid marriage. When things began falling apart, almost immediately upon his arrival, he wanted out and he wanted more. Upon finding that he could get those things by manipulating women (women who seemed enthralled by him) he went for it. I DO think his original intentions were fairly solid and he didn't intend to defraud Dani. I don't like what HE has done since things fell apart. He has disrespected her and their relationship above everything else and that is NOT cool. But I don't like what SHE has done, either. I find them both equally at fault here. Mo scares me in the way that all slimey men who take advantage of women do; Dani scares me in the Kathy Bates from MISERY kind of way. 

• Love 11
On 10/23/2016 at 5:22 AM, realitymaven said:

I do too and it's largely thanks to the amazing speech Michelle Obama gave recently with it's "it's not okay" refrain. In this story, it's pretty obvious to see the kind of man Mo is: he's arrogant, self-entitled, deceitful, churlish when he doesn't get his own way and an all around pain in the ass. But he seems to get a pass when the woman (in this case Danielle) "deserves" it. She's too fat, can't dress herself well, has an annoying voice and manner, is too stupid to walk and chew gum at the same time....the list is endless. But how does that make Mo's treatment of her permissible or even excusable? I think it's because over the years, decades women have had it pounded into our heads that that's the way the world works. Being attractive to the opposite sex is a big part of your value as a woman. Behaving how you're supposed to be behave without being "shrill" or "demanding": those are considered virtues too. Even when the rational part of our brains reject those standards, the old standards creep in on little cat feet. Hell yeah, Mo deserves to stay in the U.S. because.....well just look at his wife. But we ignore the fact that Mo didn't just recoil from his wife, he went out of his way time and time again to publicly humiliate her. The level of cruelty is something we wouldn't tolerate if Danielle had been a more attractive victim. It's curious when you think about it.

Thank you for saying all of this.

Mo did lie to Dani in the beginning. If you watch the early episodes of their season, he's all huggy, says he wants to support her and her girls, that physical appearance isn't important, etc.

As soon as he got secure, he changed. It was a scam from the beginning, and I can't pile on Dani just because she's unattractive and unpleasant. 

Edited by NoSpam
  • Love 13
19 minutes ago, NoSpam said:

Thank you for saying all of this.

Mo did lie to Dani in the beginning. If you watch the early episodes of their season, he's all huggy, says he wants to support her and her girls, that physical appearance isn't important, etc.

As soon as he got secure, he changed. It was a scam from the beginning, and I can't pile on Dani just because she's unattractive and unpleasant. 

I remember in their early episodes, he said they couldn't be intimate before marriage and then said he wished to be married soon and gave her a hug or kiss on the cheek or something and laughed.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Neurochick said:

Why should Danielle get a pass because she's a woman? 

I don't think she should get a pass just because she's a woman. I'm saying that Mohamed seems to get an easier passing grade because Danielle is such an unattractive (in every sense of the word) woman. 

• Love 8
3 hours ago, Virtually Me said:

The fact is, deportation requires evidence that has a basis in law; emotions and feelings don't count.  The chance of him being deported due to marriage fraud are dim due to the heaps of testimony from Dani contradicting it. 

There are mountains of statements by Danielle insisting she hasn't been defrauded. But there are also even more statements to the contrary by people around them. We are all at a safe remove from what's been going on. But her daughters weren't. Her son wasn't. Her sister wasn't. The other "friends" of Mohamed weren't. The women (some of whom now see themselves as victims of his scams) weren't. There is lots of material to show that Mohamed is the very poster boy for Green card scam marriage. What I'm wondering is if they will have the wit to put it all together or get a lawyer to do it for them. Immigration does have an interest in sham marriages and this case has been more high profile than most. But they don't have the time or resources to do all the work themselves. 

Edited by realitymaven
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

Mohamed and Tom both trying to sway her really made me physically uncomfortable to watch. Intimidation in Tom's house of horrors. Even the car wouldn't start. I felt the duress and I didn't like it, or myself for watching it. i love this shit, but that scene made me uncomfortable. Tom has a vibe of one of the creepy guys they always catch on The Blacklist. 

Me too (now I have to watch the Blacklist, lol). 

• Love 3
15 minutes ago, realitymaven said:

There are mountains of statements by Danielle insisting she hasn't been defrauded. But there are also even more statements to the contrary by people around them. We are all at a safe remove from what's been going on. But her daughters weren't. Her son wasn't. Her sister wasn't. The other "friends" of Mohamed weren't. The women (some of whom now see themselves as victims of his scams) weren't. There is lots of material to show that Mohamed is the very poster boy for Green card scam marriage. What I'm wondering is if they will have the wit to put it all together or get a lawyer to do it for them. Immigration does have an interest in sham marriages and this case has been more high profile than most. But they don't have the time or resources to do all the work themselves. 

The issue is marriage fraud.  I'm sorry that I'm so legalistic (hey, I can't help it), but, I keep hearing that all these people know things that they've told USCIS, yet, he's still here, so, none of it must be on point evidence that he entered the marriage with ill intent.  Where is the relevant evidence?

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, Virtually Me said:

The issue is marriage fraud.  I'm sorry that I'm so legalistic (hey, I can't help it), but, I keep hearing that all these people know things that they've told USCIS, yet, he's still here, so, none of it must be on point evidence that he entered the marriage with ill intent.  Where is the relevant evidence?

I agree and I plead guilty to being legalistic too (occupational hazard). 

I'm saying it pains me no end to see relevant evidence that I've seen with my own eyes submitted incorrectly or not submitted at all. It must be like the agonies my handyman experienced seeing me trying to install a screen door by myself (took me 4 hours, took him 20 minutes). 

Maybe this time around they will get their shit together; the women will stop trying to one up the other women; they can use some TLC money to hire a #$#$$# local lawyer and then things will turn out differently. 

Every time I deal with a genuine applicant for Canadian permanent residence (which is almost every day), it galls me to see someone like Mo playing the system. And having dealt with an abusive con artist who went after a bereaved old man, it galls me even more to see Mohamed being so successful scamming almost everyone (even Mr. Pop My Trunk) so easily and remorselessly. 

• Love 13
4 hours ago, CoachWristletJen said:

IF he committed immigration fraud, he certainly would never do it again

Murder has a low recidivist rate. Drug use has a high recidivist rate. 

So let's lock up drug users for life and free a few murderers. Hold on.... is that already official policy?

• Love 5
42 minutes ago, realitymaven said:

I agree and I plead guilty to being legalistic too (occupational hazard). 

I'm saying it pains me no end to see relevant evidence that I've seen with my own eyes submitted incorrectly or not submitted at all. It must be like the agonies my handyman experienced seeing me trying to install a screen door by myself (took me 4 hours, took him 20 minutes). 

Maybe this time around they will get their shit together; the women will stop trying to one up the other women; they can use some TLC money to hire a #$#$$# local lawyer and then things will turn out differently. 

Every time I deal with a genuine applicant for Canadian permanent residence (which is almost every day), it galls me to see someone like Mo playing the system. And having dealt with an abusive con artist who went after a bereaved old man, it galls me even more to see Mohamed being so successful scamming almost everyone (even Mr. Pop My Trunk) so easily and remorselessly. 

I see a lot of emotional claims that there is a scam, yet, I see no evidence of a scam that constitutes marriage fraud.  Both parties were of the age to consent to marriage.  Both were single and legally free to marry.  USCIS found no inducements that would invalidate the marriage.  No one was coerced into marriage.  They passed a Stokes interview and qualified for a green card.  Dani was unable to prove grounds for an annulment.  USCIS doesn't need it shoved down their throats to investigate a fraud that's had 3 whole years to generate.  I understand that a federal investigation was undertaken in the past year, and, fraud was still not proven.   Where is the illegality?

• Love 3

I have limited knowledge on the finer points of US immigration law, so I tend to think you're right that there is a difference between what many of us see and observe and what their standards for fraud and deportation may be. 

For me though, his deceit was obvious from the start.  Knowing that he was affectionate and intimate with her when they were in Doha and you literally saw none of that when he arrived here, says a lot.  As soon as he landed and his K-1 clock started ticking he knew he had a pretty clear path.  She had already invested a ton of money and time into the process and she was so wrapped up in having her little toy here that she was going to have her wedding no matter what.  He knew she would marry him regardless of the warning signs, so he immediately began the process of detaching from her.  He couldn't very well get here and keep up the charade with the affection and the sex.. that would only make separating from her more difficult... I mean.. you thought she was hyper attached without those factors.  The guy literally went from showering her with affection, attention, and sex in Doha, to acting like a celibate priest when he arrived.  Because he never had any affection or love for her.. his plan was to leave as soon as possible.  His goal in his mind was achieved so he no longer needed to subject his little Tuni pickle to her fondling. 

• Love 13
5 hours ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

I would say that if Danielle wasn't acting like a vindictive, unreasonable child. She was only using the annulment so that she would have something to hold over his head. It was about power and control, not right and wrong. Mohamed didn't come there that evening to hurt her. He came there to try to reason with her and work things out. And, she certainly came there to try to hurt him! She got upset when they both finally forced her to see how unreasonable she was being. She couldn't say that she loved him while actively trying to hurt him; she just couldn't have it both ways. Dani wanted to keep holding the annulment over his head to maintain her sick attachment to him. Even sitting on the couch next to him that night, she was smiling and blushing like a schoolgirl, trying to scoot closer to him, and people are talking about how Tom is creepy? Dani wanted to keep him as a hostage so she could yell and scream and cry at him some more. The two of them managed to boil it down to where it was so simple, even she could see it and understand it.  And, when she was exposed, she was like a dog with a bone holding onto that annulment; she did not want to give it up! So she ran away like a little kid yelling, "MINE! MINE!" Again, that annulment is the key to the bedroom that she used to keep him locked in.

And, yes, Mo said he would be her friend, and later the preview clip he was surrounded by women and not answering his phone. We all know that TLC arranged for the women to be there so let's disregard them. And, as for the phone, he said that Dani was calling him all the time, and we all know she was. We can just envision it!  She was probably calling him day and night with more whining and crying and worse yet, more threatening to take legal action. And, Mo does need to be awake in the morning for his job. He's a UPS or DHL driver or something like that because contrary to popular opinion, the guy has a job!

I don't blame Tom and Mo for their Dani conference. How else do you handle a nut? No one's taking her side because she's crazy and vindictive.

Legally she doesn't have a leg to stand on. She brought him here, she kept him here long after the return date, and legally she doesn't have a leg to stand on.  And morally, she just wants vengeance.

At least she doesn't seem to be in denial anymore.  For the longest time she seemed absolutely hopeless. I remember when her sister Sara tried to talk to her, Dani actually kept her eyes closed for most of the conversation, trying to shut her sister out visually as well as mentally. It's not often that you see denial so thick that the person sits there with her eyes closed like that. I half expected Dani to stick her fingers in her ears and go, "La la la la Mary had a little lamb, little lamb, little lamb..." 

• Love 7
48 minutes ago, Virtually Me said:

I see a lot of emotional claims that there is a scam, yet, I see no evidence of a scam that constitutes marriage fraud. 

It's too easy to dismiss opposing views as "emotional" and embrace your own perceptions as "rational"....And that's not a criticism, everybody does it, it's human nature. Everyone is viewing this fascinating story through their own prisms, their own sources of information and their own biases. (As do judges even though they strive mightily to overcome those preconceptions)

The U.S. legislature inserted a condition to marriages that were less than two years old. They did so to combat so called Green Card marriages, assuming that even a dedicated scammer would be hard pressed to make it through two years of pretence. (This isn't speculation, this was in the notes that accompanied the legislation).  But it's arguable how effective any of this is or, indeed, how effective any anti-fraud Immigration legislation is in the long run. Marriage fraud isn't the only game in town. When it comes to Immigration, there's always been a lot of fraud, and every effort to combat one scheme gets beaten by a new scheme. 

Nobody's going to convince anybody else in here about the other person's belief and it's not going to matter in this case anyway.  But it's fun to argue (or maybe that's just a bus-man's holiday for me) and it does make a change from Trump versus Clinton, lol. 

• Love 11

"Legally she doesn't have a leg to stand on". 

Not true but it's a fatal error when you're going to court and think the other side doesn't have a leg to stand on. I've learned this the hard way decades ago. It's a very unpleasant learning experience. 

Once learned, never forgotten, lol.

Edited by Drogo
EDITED BY MOD: Quote formatting.
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, realitymaven said:

"Legally she doesn't have a leg to stand on". 

Not true but it's a fatal error when you're going to court and think the other side doesn't have a leg to stand on. I've learned this the hard way decades ago. It's a very unpleasant learning experience. 

Once learned, never forgotten, lol.

Oh, but I'm not going to court.

In fact, I don't intend to leave this chair. It's quite comfortable and I've got a little dog sleeping on my feet...lol

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
6 minutes ago, CoachWristletJen said:

In fact, I don't intend to leave this chair. It's quite comfortable and I've got a little dog sleeping on my feet...lol

Just don't put the dog in a too small cage, and we'll be all good. 

What is it with dogs and camels on this show? And Teflon? Abused Teflon!

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
33 minutes ago, CoachWristletJen said:
5 hours ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

I would say that if Danielle wasn't acting like a vindictive, unreasonable child. She was only using the annulment so that she would have something to hold over his head. It was about power and control, not right and wrong. Mohamed didn't come there that evening to hurt her. He came there to try to reason with her and work things out. And, she certainly came there to try to hurt him! She got upset when they both finally forced her to see how unreasonable she was being. She couldn't say that she loved him while actively trying to hurt him; she just couldn't have it both ways. Dani wanted to keep holding the annulment over his head to maintain her sick attachment to him. Even sitting on the couch next to him that night, she was smiling and blushing like a schoolgirl, trying to scoot closer to him, and people are talking about how Tom is creepy? Dani wanted to keep him as a hostage so she could yell and scream and cry at him some more. The two of them managed to boil it down to where it was so simple, even she could see it and understand it.  And, when she was exposed, she was like a dog with a bone holding onto that annulment; she did not want to give it up! So she ran away like a little kid yelling, "MINE! MINE!" Again, that annulment is the key to the bedroom that she used to keep him locked in.

And, yes, Mo said he would be her friend, and later the preview clip he was surrounded by women and not answering his phone. We all know that TLC arranged for the women to be there so let's disregard them. And, as for the phone, he said that Dani was calling him all the time, and we all know she was. We can just envision it!  She was probably calling him day and night with more whining and crying and worse yet, more threatening to take legal action. And, Mo does need to be awake in the morning for his job. He's a UPS or DHL driver or something like that because contrary to popular opinion, the guy has a job!

I don't blame Tom and Mo for their Dani conference. How else do you handle a nut? No one's taking her side because she's crazy and vindictive.

Legally she doesn't have a leg to stand on. She brought him here, she kept him here long after the return date, and legally she doesn't have a leg to stand on.  And morally, she just wants vengeance.

At least she doesn't seem to be in denial anymore.  For the longest time she seemed absolutely hopeless. I remember when her sister Sara tried to talk to her, Dani actually kept her eyes closed for most of the conversation, trying to shut her sister out visually as well as mentally. It's not often that you see denial so thick that the person sits there with her eyes closed like that. I half expected Dani to stick her fingers in her ears and go, "La la la la Mary had a little lamb, little lamb....."

1000 times this! ?

• Love 4
57 minutes ago, Virtually Me said:
59 minutes ago, Virtually Me said:

Oh, but, there is a distinct difference between emotional responses and rational responses.  People demanding that Mo be deported because "he never loved Dani" or because they think he's a creep or because he didn't kiss her at the wedding, or he's obnoxious, whatever action repulsed them, are being emotional and, frankly, projecting their own desires onto what they perceive to be Dani and Mo's situation.  It's understandable, but, it's not about the law.

But I haven't seen people doing that, at least not here. These are straw man arguments and thus easy to rebut. It doesn't make your argument ("he hasn't been deported yet so he never will be") determinative, does it?

• Love 2
12 hours ago, realitymaven said:

But I haven't seen people doing that, at least not here. These are straw man arguments and thus easy to rebut. It doesn't make your argument ("he hasn't been deported yet so he never will be") determinative, does it?

the Internet is replete with emotional arguments about Mo and Dani.  That would be difficult to prove otherwise.

My position has never been "he hasn't been deported yet so he never will be".  That would not be a rational or legal argument.  I do say he is unlikely to be deported for marriage fraud because there are no grounds for it.  Grounds would be determinative.

A rational response relies on the what is actually required to get a deportation order issued for marriage fraud, which is none of the above.  From 2013 through 2016, so far, none of what has been offered as indisputable "proof" has resulted in a deportation order against Mohamed.  It's an occupational habit of mine to notice that.

Edited by Virtually Me
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, realitymaven said:

Murder has a low recidivist rate. Drug use has a high recidivist rate. 

So let's lock up drug users for life and free a few murderers. Hold on.... is that already official policy?

I'd be cool with that. 

• Love 1
8 hours ago, CoachWristletJen said:

Are you talking about how she acted before he came to the states? Mo worked that job in Tunisia. I think the most he worked here was around three weeks, and I didn't think it was for DHL, which he worked in Tunisia.

• Love 1

It will certainly be interesting to watch. Sometimes these high profile cases get more attention in the bureaucracy than run of the mill ones. 

My understanding is that the burden is still on the person applying to remove the conditions to prove that he entered the marriage in good faith. That becomes more difficult when he no longer has the option of filing jointly with his wife. He can't simply rely on the previous decision as proof that the marriage is/was genuine. Normally these waivers of joint filing are rubber stamped through the system, but will the same thing happen in this case? I guess it depends on whether the Sandusky crowd marshals evidence to the contrary and manages to submit it properly. 

Grab yer popcorn!

• Love 3
1 hour ago, realitymaven said:

It will certainly be interesting to watch. Sometimes these high profile cases get more attention in the bureaucracy than run of the mill ones. 

My understanding is that the burden is still on the person applying to remove the conditions to prove that he entered the marriage in good faith. That becomes more difficult when he no longer has the option of filing jointly with his wife. He can't simply rely on the previous decision as proof that the marriage is/was genuine. Normally these waivers of joint filing are rubber stamped through the system, but will the same thing happen in this case? I guess it depends on whether the Sandusky crowd marshals evidence to the contrary and manages to submit it properly. 

Grab yer popcorn!

The joint filing waivers are often NOT rubber stamped through the system. They usually  request more evidence and/or an interview.

Does anyone know when Mohamed will get his final decision about his 10-year green card? Once he gets that, he's home free, right? He can even become an American citizen if he wants?

And if he's deported, how does that work? Certainly they wouldn't just show up and try to drag him off? Also, Dani would be on the hook for his return ticket, right? That's another expense for her to think about if she files another annulment.

Also has anyone else noticed that face scrunching thing that she's started doing? She never did that before.

This...

download.jpeg

Edited by CoachWristletJen
  • Love 3

i'm starting to notice a trend here on this show: not particularly attractive ladies sponsoring love rats from the Middle East and North Africa on these visas:

• Halal Potatoes Angie
  • Danielle
  • Danielle's friend Beth
  • Nicole
  • Nicole's mom's friend 

Do all those guys over there think they're fooling us that we're not wise to their preying on women of unfortunate face and/or figure?

• Love 7

Danielle reminds me of a beat down dog that keeps coming back for more. No matter how many times Mohamed hits her with an ugly stick she just can't get enough. They might be staying together for the show but her tears certainly look real to me and I don't think that she's that great of an actress so she's obviously hurting. I used to feel sorry for her. But now I don't. If you're going to be a pathetic glutton for punishment this is what you get

• Love 5
14 hours ago, realitymaven said:
1 hour ago, CoachWristletJen said:

Does anyone know when Mohamed will get his final decision about his 10-year green card? Once he gets that, he's home free, right? He can even become an American citizen if he wants?

And if he's deported, how does that work? Certainly they wouldn't just show up and try to drag him off? Also, Dani would be on the hook for his return ticket, right? That's another expense for her to think about if she files another annulment.

He's not home free until he becomes a citizen, and, in severe cases, not even after that.  if he gets the 10 year card, I doubt that they would pursue him afterwards.  They can cone after him at any time, and, that is the crux of my argument.  If the evidence is so obvious, why is he still here?

Edited by Virtually Me
  • Love 3
18 minutes ago, J80134 said:

Danielle reminds me of a beat down dog that keeps coming back for more. No matter how many times Mohamed hits her with an ugly stick she just can't get enough. They might be staying together for the show but her tears certainly look real to me and I don't think that she's that great of an actress so she's obviously hurting. I used to feel sorry for her. But now I don't. If you're going to be a pathetic glutton for punishment this is what you get

And to think, she pushed her own children's needs to the side in order to get all of this for herself. She allowed them to get evicted, not knowing where they would live next, just so that she could finance her trip to go see him and his ticket to live with them. She was willing to move a virtual stranger in with her three vulnerable girls. She was willing to let them go without electricity, air-conditioning, and a fridge to put their food in so that she could have a white dress.  She couldn't throw them to the side quickly enough for her own "happiness."

Edited by Drogo
EDITED BY MOD: Removed blank quote.
  • Love 14
2 hours ago, Nutella said:

The joint filing waivers are often NOT rubber stamped through the system. They usually  request more evidence and/or an interview.

Yes, they are not rubberstamped.  They would still be looking for evidence of marriage fraud.  Mo can still file an application on his own and pass with convincing evidence of why they are no longer together.  What he needs to do is file for divorce with grounds that would give him valid reasons not to stay in the marriage.

Those who say there is a lot of evidence against him should consider that there is a lot of evidence that favors his case, too. 

Edited by Virtually Me
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Virtually Me said:

He's not home free until he becomes a citizen, and, in severe cases, not even after that.  if he gets the 10 year card, I doubt that they would pursue him afterwards.  They can cone after him at any time, and, that is the crux of my argument.  If the evidence is so obvious, why is he still here?

Because though this case is "high profile" to us and on our radars, it may not be on the radar of people that have that power/capacity?

Even if it is, they may look at it as a fiasco and drama fest, but not worthy of deporting Mo?

I have to admit, though I don' t like Mo, I'm not exactly jumping on the "send him back!" train, it feels so heartless. Tunisia has been financially devastated rather recently and they weren't a super-rich country to live in to start with (hence lots of "love rats" looking for their out), I feel awful about sending someone back to that.

• Love 3

Keep in mind that marriage fraud is about determining if the marriage was entered into in good faith. All kinds of ruckus can happen afterward, leading to divorce.  My position is that, even if you take into consideration that Mo sought legal advice on the day of the wedding, that he spoke with someone about how he felt trapped and had to go through with it, that he declared that he was marrying her "because these people need me", in addition to the financial lies, and utility cut offs that came before, giving him second thoughts, where is the illegality? 

There's no illegality in entering into a marriage without being in love.  There's no illegality in entering into a marriage with little PDA.  There's no illegality in seeking legal advice beforehand, and there's no illegality in having cold feet.  Fighting, cheating, leaving and coming back, etc., all after the fact.  I understand that last time he left it was after she threw him out.  She expected him to return, as he had done in the past, but, this time, he didn't.

The annulment filing would have needed to prove that he or she had done something unlawful that voided the marriage.  Dani filed on the grounds that her consent was obtained by fraud, one of the grounds permissible in Ohio.  If USCIS at the regional level or consulate level found grounds for fraud during their investigation of Mohamed, I'm sure they looked for it, and it's possible that they found something suspicious, they chose not to tell her because it didn't rise to a level that would have denied him the visa.  She was unsuccessful in obtaining the annulment pro se, and, although she can file again, I doubt that, without an attorney, she will be successful.

He will be looked at again when he files for AOS.  Whether he is successful or not will depend on him.  He'll need to get a lawyer and file for divorce very soon.  With legal assistance, he'll need to present his case on time with everything done correctly.  If not, he could very well be deported for not meeting the obligations of the process.

I'm not trying to change anyone's mind; everyone as the right to their opinion, which goes without saying.  I'm just trying to provide an understanding of what the law requires for a deportation order.  I hope that helps.

• Love 6
4 hours ago, CoachWristletJen said:

Also has anyone else noticed that face scrunching thing that she's started doing? She never did that before.

This...

download.jpeg

My husband flinched and went Gaaa! When she did that, and whimpered "make her stop!!"

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
26 minutes ago, Dru Blood said:

Not to add more confusion to the mix, but has it occurred to anyone that Dani might be simple minded, dare I say r******* (sorry for the non-PC term, but it is the correct usage)?  People with low IQs can still drive cars, hold jobs, and interact somewhat normally with society.  It is only when they get into complex emotional issues or situations that they show their limitations.  To be quite honest, Dani is very limited.

If Dani's IQ is sub-normal, could she still be held responsible when taking the decision to marry an alien who may be engaged in a sham marriage just to get a green card?  If she is limited, how would she know that he is lying and scamming her?

Food for thought.

Marriage scams can happen to anyone, and, they do.  In Dani's case, unless she was found to be incompetent to make her own decisions prior to the marriage, her consent is legal.

On the show, she's aware that Mo was upset about her financial instability and trying to find a way out.  He had gone to see a lawyer, he was venting to his friends, the kids knew he wanted out.  It was no secret.  She still demanded that he marry her.  Frankly, if there was coercion, it was on her part.  He found a way to justify the marriage in his head by announcing that he would stay to help them.  Of course, this is a TV show; who knows how much of it is scripted to generate drama.

Edited by Virtually Me
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Virtually Me said:

Marriage scams can happen to anyone, and, they do.  In Dani's case, unless she was found to be incompetent to make her own decisions prior to the marriage, her consent is legal.

On the show, she's aware that Mo was upset about her financial instability and trying to find a way out.  He had gone to see a lawyer, he was venting to his friends, the kids knew he wanted out.  It was no secret.  She still demanded that he marry her.  Frankly, if there was coercion, it was on her part.  He found a way to justify the marriage in his head by announcing that he would stay to help them.  Of course, this is a TV show; who knows how much of it is scripted to generate drama.

I think you're absolutely right. She got him behind closed doors away from the cameras (apparently they both still had their mikes on ~ dummies!). And, her voice dropped, and she growled, "What's it gonna be, Mohamed? YES OR NO?"  

If nothing else, the show's agenda crisscrossing over Mo's and Dani's muddies the water so much as to not be able to make clear sense of the situation one way or the other.  I certainly think there's enough reason to say that he can stay, but regardless, there's certainly NOT enough reason to make him leave!

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Virtually Me said:

Of course, this is a TV show; who knows how much of it is scripted to generate drama.

Or which party is telling the truth. I think we need yet another series, lol. Or a book. Someone's got to write the next great American novel based on this story. 

• Love 3

I'm telling you - they both need to be shipped out to North Korea. A gulag if possible. 

What happened to the Tom the Walmart guy thread?  It was here then it disappeared?

I think Tom may know Dani and her antics and scams alot better than we know Dani. Otherwise I can't see how he is standing up for Mo -his love that cannot be named bestie best from a chance meet at Walmart.  

• Love 3

I'm not team either one of them, I think they both scammed each other in different ways, and now they are reaping the rewards of that (sarcasm). I don't believe that because Mo entered the country under the pretense of marrying Dani that he is obligated to stay with her... but he is also not obligated to stay in this country if he chooses not to stay with her. That is the biggest fact to me that screams that he used her for the green card, nobody is forcing him to stay with her, but nobody is forcing him to stay in this country either, he is free to go. 

• Love 3
10 hours ago, CoachWristletJen said:

This...

download.jpeg

ewwwww.jpe

• Love 11
2 hours ago, realitymaven said:

Or which party is telling the truth. I think we need yet another series, lol. Or a book. Someone's got to write the next great American novel based on this story. 

We need a big book replete with photos, pithy and witty narration, police reports, and of course, ample quotes from online groups. THAT would be a page turner!

• Love 4
On ‎10‎/‎25‎/‎2016 at 9:18 PM, CoachWristletJen said:

We need a big book replete with photos, pithy and witty narration, police reports, and of course, ample quotes from online groups. THAT would be a page turner!

I'm pretty sure that there are at least 2 or three folks who have a collection like that.

Edited by Virtually Me
I can't type worth a damn :(
  • Love 2