Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E02: Comeback Girls

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

And they are suppose to show their most skilled moves!  I thought Yuko was average, she didn't pop and has long arms that looked like she didn't know where to place them.  Megan's outfit was a disaster, ok her point was great, but the only comment we heard from Kelli was about Megan's smile...really?

• Love 2

Watching those videos, I have two comments:

1) Jenn is a great dancer, but her body looks weird.  And that costume is not doing her any favors (looks like granny panties!).

2) Hunter disgusts me.  Her dancing is way too aggressive (she looks cheap) and coupled with her interview, I hope she's gone for good.  Barf.

I'm probably in the minority but I don't care for Megans look. Except for her dancing and long legs, I don't see what others see. I absolutely hated her hair in her solo and her tankini top.

Not a fan of Hunter. How can anyone admit they don't read? 

I knew Jenna wasn't going to make it back. She looked washed out in one outfit and not good in the other. Plus, as hard as she said she worked to get back in shape, with the DCC look today, it wasn't enough. Not for a returning vet.  

Love Mandy!!! She's got everything, poise, body, face, dancing. And she seems really sweet...Sigh...next life.. ;)

As for Amy Simone, she's got a 1,000 watt smile. Can see it for miles on the field. 

Agree, tone down Hollys hair! She has enough pizazz as it is. Just soften it a bit...

Keep Candace Romo! I never realized how much judge's table needed a bit more humor. And heart

Adding, I really liked Charlotte this last episode. She became human.  Is it me or was everyone, judge's, nicer this episode? I know I enjoyed the couple of lol's..

• Love 4
1 hour ago, tobeyoungagain said:

I wasn't really wowed by any of them ... Kashara was good but wtf is up with Stephanie's stupid costume and sode/cake/whatever she's carrying around?

Also not a fan of Janelle's dancing -- is this a salsa competition?  or a belly dancing one?  no me gusta!

Megan's top should have gotten her called out but that girl has skillz!  Her point is beautiful.

Count me in on the Jinelle's solos look the same group

Stephanie is wearing the same outfit she wore for auditions last year; she just put an apron over it 

Jennifer K's pants remind me of a girdle

Tell Kat to put the Ribbon Dancer away. That's so 90s  (my DD had one)

Megan's s outfit looked like an old 70s swim suit. 

8943a7a244b55352ee63d57668b2740d.jpg

• Love 4

When Kat's solo was on, a lot of people had bored looks on their faces. Most of the other solos the girls were smiling through it.

I didn't think Stephanie's costume was that terrible - maybe she doesn't have a lot of $$. I don't blame her for trying to reuse what she has.  I would need to see more of her solo before judging it...I think it could actually be pretty cute but we just didnt see enough! 

And yes to Megan's costume. Blech.  I will forever be annoyed that she doesn't get crap for her slicked ponytail when Erica did. 

Jennifer's solo costume was yuck to me because I don't like anything high waisted like that - I do not think she looked heavy though and her dance looked pretty great to me! i would LOVE to see the whole thing!! she is always fierce which i appreciate. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, SopranoKris said:

^^^This!

Jinelle does the SAME moves every single year in her solo. All she does is change the costume. It's always hip shake, arm up, hip shake, other arm up, feet, feet, feet, hip shake,  flail arms. When you look at the clip of her dancing on her former Aussi cheer team, she's doing the SAME dance. Frankly, I'm surprised they don't call her out on it. 

I was looking for clips on youtube and found this. They have their own version of a MTT

Edited by MrsEVH
  • Love 2

I'm interested to see more of Tasha's actual dancing. From what they've shown she looks sleepy to me. I know in her solo she probably was going a little lighter to not flash the judges, but it seems like every clip of her dancing is like that. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, QuiteContraryMoni said:

Yeah, I'm thinking she is indeed an entitled ass.

I doubt it. Cmt fed her that question. I just watched the episode again while cleaning. She says "yeah, I think I deserved a spot." So they must have asked "did you think you'd get a spot/earned a spot" etc. 

I've been in situations where I have been super upset and not handled myself well. Everyone has and anyone who says they haven't is full of crap.

• Love 5

I find all of the solo dancing somewhat awkward.

At first, I was like oh dayummmm to Jay's question to Caila. I mean that question is a mine field...but I assume a veteran would have had some training on how to handle political questions like that?? I think she could have maybe been forgiven for stumbling a bit on that but then to not know he wants to build a wall is the nail in the coffin ESPECIALLY if she had tweeted her support to Trump prior. Maybe she had and that's why she got that question.

i think Jenna Allison would have looked better with different hair. It's too blond and too long.

i didn't think Kat's dress was that bad compared to everyone else. They are all dressed to attend a wedding not to interview for a job. I actually watched the season one episode on cmt this week with the interviews and it's funny because everyone is pretty much wearing a suit. A girl would probably be laughed out of the room if she showed up in a pant suit today.

• Love 3
12 minutes ago, iloveit said:

I find all of the solo dancing somewhat awkward.

At first, I was like oh dayummmm to Jay's question to Caila. I mean that question is a mine field...but I assume a veteran would have had some training on how to handle political questions like that?? I think she could have maybe been forgiven for stumbling a bit on that but then to not know he wants to build a wall is the nail in the coffin ESPECIALLY if she had tweeted her support to Trump prior. Maybe she had and that's why she got that question.

i think Jenna Allison would have looked better with different hair. It's too blond and too long.

i didn't think Kat's dress was that bad compared to everyone else. They are all dressed to attend a wedding not to interview for a job. I actually watched the season one episode on cmt this week with the interviews and it's funny because everyone is pretty much wearing a suit. A girl would probably be laughed out of the room if she showed up in a pant suit today.

THIS.  that sums it up exactly to me as well. i don't wear pant suits and what not to work every day but you best believe I did at every job I interviewed for.  No cleavage, skirt to knee.  Such a fuddy duddy but oh well LOL 

• Love 3
10 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

THIS.  that sums it up exactly to me as well. i don't wear pant suits and what not to work every day but you best believe I did at every job I interviewed for.  No cleavage, skirt to knee.  Such a fuddy duddy but oh well LOL 

I agree with this as well. They all look like they're going to a cocktail party or a junior league luncheon. Not an interview. 

Although Charlotte did wear a vinyl skirt to finals so, there is that. 

19 minutes ago, QuiteContraryMoni said:

Not steppin in what you're leavin on the lawn man. Agree to disagree. I'm gonna move on from this one now.

Sorry, that came off harsher than I meant. My bad. I just think Jenna was really upset, and I was trying to be empathetic. I didn't mean you personally were full of crap. I just think sometimes we are pretty harsh on these girls. 

• Love 2

I have to laugh when people say that Brenda's question was inappropriate. First of all, this is not a real interview. They are filming a reality show for an NFL cheerleading team. They are not picking out brain surgeons.

Jay had every right to ask that question because they could be asked that question and Caila would look like a dumbass.  

The reason Danielle was cut some slack is because she's attractive. Kat is not. 

Re: Kat-

1. I loved her interview outfit!  Maybe not for an interview, but the bright colors, the funky jewelry, bright lipstick.  Save the cutouts, I liked the outfit. (But all of my clothes are from modcloth, so I dress a little funky)

2.  Was anyone else uncomfortable with her solo costume?  I can't figure it out. Maybe it was the texture of the bottoms, or the color. But they seemed too tight or something.  I don't know why and I know its absurd given what they wear for swimsuits, I just wish her bottom for her solo were hotpants. I felt like I was seeing too much.

3. When she was walking out and put that blue poncho thing on, I was waiting for her to put on pants, and she didn't?  Am I old? I'm 37 and insanely short, but I swear I stopped wearing any outfit where it looked like my pants were missing before I got out of my 20s. (and i was smokin' in my 20s... not so much now)

4. I won't ever understand how she made the DCC in the first place, but I am dying to know if there was more going on behind the scenes with her!

• Love 2

In my opinion, Danielle was brought back because Kelli and Charlotte like her a lot, and the fact they knew they would draw a lot of heat because Cassie was brought back after a knee injury after a less than stellar vet finals audition, and Danielle was almost cut after a foot injury while practicing for her solo. Judy was called out for making excuses for Cassie because she had mono her rookie year, but Melissa R. was called out her second year for being sick with mono and not bringing her A+ vet game during TC. I could imagine the uproar if Danielle was cut in Season 8. Of course, Danielle was almost cut a second time in the same TC because she gained weight and was not performing like a vet. She was called back into the office a second time like Chelsea was, but it was not shown.

3 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

I was looking for clips on youtube and found this. They have their own version of a MTT

Oh, look.  They're all doing the Jinelle arm moves in their dance.  We definitely know where she learned that!

I will now have to watch the remaining episodes because, well, I'm a sucker for shows like this :)

• Love 1
5 hours ago, SopranoKris said:

Jinelle does the SAME moves every single year in her solo. All she does is change the costume. It's always hip shake, arm up, hip shake, other arm up, feet, feet, feet, hip shake,  flail arms. When you look at the clip of her dancing on her former Aussi cheer team, she's doing the SAME dance. Frankly, I'm surprised they don't call her out on it.

I think we have seen enough comments from the judges to know that they see the difference between a tryout girl’s choreography and DCC choreography. If they like candidate, they will forgive a okay choreographed piece if her DCC dancing is great.  Remember Angela in her rookie season? Mickey S. pointed it out and they all agreed.   

• Love 2
2 hours ago, omgtv said:

3. When she was walking out and put that blue poncho thing on, I was waiting for her to put on pants, and she didn't?  Am I old? I'm 37 and insanely short, but I swear I stopped wearing any outfit where it looked like my pants were missing before I got out of my 20s. (and i was smokin' in my 20s... not so much now)

Uh, glad you brought this up.  It was not good.

2 hours ago, omgtv said:

Thank you. I noticed this too upon my second viewing. That poncho was fug. And no pants? Kat has never done much for me and between the solo, the interview, and her lackluster dancing on the field this go round, I don't think there was any choice in the matter.

1 hour ago, PBSLover said:

I think we have seen enough comments from the judges to know that they see the difference between a tryout girl’s choreography and DCC choreography. If they like candidate, they will forgive a okay choreographed piece if her DCC dancing is great.  Remember Angela in her rookie season? Mickey S. pointed it out and they all agreed.   

What did Micky say? Did he like her or not?

7 hours ago, LaurenBrook said:

I didn't think Stephanie's costume was that terrible - maybe she doesn't have a lot of $$. I don't blame her for trying to reuse what she has.  I would need to see more of her solo before judging it...I think it could actually be pretty cute but we just didnt see enough! 

And yes to Megan's costume. Blech.  I will forever be annoyed that she doesn't get crap for her slicked ponytail when Erica did. 

Jennifer's solo costume was yuck to me because I don't like anything high waisted like that - I do not think she looked heavy though and her dance looked pretty great to me! i would LOVE to see the whole thing!! she is always fierce which i appreciate. 

Re: Megan – I think she probably did get crap for it, we just didn't see it – there's no way someone didn't bring up the fact that her stomach was covered and hair back. As much as I'd love to see the entirety of the judging process, fact is that we only see what the producers want us to see. In this case, Megan's getting the "perfect DCC" edit. 

Edited by sunwave

I wish the camera crews would just film the girls leaving and not try to corner ANY of them with comments.  Maybe even preface the reveals of who made it into camp with a "If you want to talk afterwards, let us know.  We'll be here."  Most of the girls, they leave alone, at least.  

As for Jenna A, leading question or not, she could have answered better than that, something like "Yes, I deserved a spot.  Everyone here deserved a spot, but unfortunately, we all couldn't make it in and that's unfortunate."  On the one hand, I'll give her a break because she was upset, but Caila and Kat answered better and they were just as upset, if not more because they JUST got cut from the team and it's been about five years for Jenna.  It's fresher for them than it is for her.  All of the girls in Finals think they deserve it and they all do.  It's just that they didn't perform up to the standards at the right time.  No one DESERVES a spot just because (fill in the reason).  Jenna A. KNEW going in what it would take to get to Training Camp and she didn't do it.  Enough people have said that she just didn't present herself as well as she could have and as well as they knew she could.  So it was mostly her fault that she didn't bring her A game to the stadium that night.  We'll see if she comes back another year.  

• Love 1

The move being discussed that Jinelle does isn't hers, just saying. A lot of the DCCs have incorporated that same move into their solos. Not sure why people are acting like she's the only person who does it? It's a cute power type move and I'm sure the judging panel eats it up, so I guess I don't see the big deal.

• Love 1
12 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

I was sad there was no Australian version of Kelly's super special "yes,no, or maybe" judging system. ?

• Love 4
On ‎9‎/‎3‎/‎2016 at 11:07 PM, LaurenBrook said:

Finally bought the episode on amazon and got to watch it all the way thru.  Basically everything has been said but I want to throw my two cents in that it was a great second episode - so nice to see more judge deliberations, a little more dancing, THE VETS PRACTICING OMG THANK U!!!!, and Kitty's part was interesting too. Is this the first time we haven't seen her work on the combo with them too? 

Madeline and Kelsey proved again why they are my favorite come back girls this year! Just love them both.  So much poise and hard work.  Loved how excited they were about Maddie and that they appreciated those two really putting in the work to improve.  Same with Amy - it was clear they saw her dedication and i thought it was so cute when her name was called and she was crying.  Getting called in to TC is always dramatic! she was no inappropriate at all.  

I also remember hearing the Caila tried very hard to escape after getting cut and not having to talk to cameras but they trapped her.  So I give her credit for saying something without being like "get that out of my face!" and basically taking the blame on herself.  I would like to see her lose the weight and come back strong next year.  She is young and I think if she got it together they would give her another shot.  Even though they (at least K&J) DEFINITELY knew about her partying they still seemed to genuinely like her and wish she could have made it back. 

Oh Kat.  Agree with others that I think she should be 100% grateful to have been gifted one year and I am not surprised she was cut.  I do feel for her though because I think she is truly an amazing person with a heart of gold. 

Well, no questions now why Megan is getting to perform even tho she's heavier.  She is CLEARLY a Kelli favorite. Have we EVER seen a vet dance wearing an outfit like hers (AND her hair slicked back - remember Erica getting crap for that exact same hairstyle?!) to hide weight gain and no one said a WORD? Instead we hear gushing comments on how she is OMG amazing. Not trying to take anything from her talent because clearly she is FIERCE and I do think she's beautiful and """heavy""" ONLY in the context to how she looked last year but hellooo favoritism, nice to see ya. lol 

Love seeing Holly P get praised and how so many girls ran right to her for a hug.  Adore her. 

I still like Tasha but she didn't impress me much this episode.  Will be interesting to see what she brings next week. 

Milan grew on me this episode! Heather O and Maggie are dolls - so beautiful and such pretty dancers.  Mandy is...WOW.  Good for her for having her OWN frickin dance studio before 30...like are you kidding me?! Dang, girl!! 

They definitely must have blacklisted Shelbi after her (her bf's?) nasty comments on CHARLOTTE'S IG.  Charlotte ain't got time for sore losers!! She was such a fixture last year I 100% expected to see her featured this time around and we just got a couple of glimpses. Bye girl!!! 

The mean judge doesn't bother me that much, I guess.  She was harsh but i know I remember hearing that they were very hard on a number of girls for their outfit choices and for some reason they chose to feature Kat only.  

Oh Hunter.  I like her a lot but this reminded me how YOUNG she is.  Her bff Michelle needs to help her with interview stuff next time around lol Also hope Kylee comes back - LOVE her!! 

• Love 1
On ‎9‎/‎4‎/‎2016 at 11:48 AM, Gillandherkittens said:

Kat's interview was really upsetting. What did she do as a hardworking and committed veteran to deserve that? They are so hypocritical with their ' what's appropriate'. I really don't think those bikini fashion shows are appropriate either. That was an unusual and quite stylish dress. Kelly should have really rooted for Kat. My guess is that they wanted to get rid of her. They don't deserve those girls frankly?

Uh-yeah!  The bikini show in Mexico where they were all in very skimpy black suits and over-the-knee black boots -- Was really appropriate -- for PLAYBOY Magazine.

• Love 2
On ‎9‎/‎4‎/‎2016 at 3:06 PM, Gabrielle Tracy said:

- That Brenda-Who-Is-Unknown-to-Anyone-Outside-of-the-Metroplex lady was actually very nice to Kelsey when she interviewed her.  I wonder if she was told to say what she did to poor Kat to stir things up?

- Yuko seems very sweet but she just looks so frail.  There was another TCC a few years back she reminds me of but unfortunately, I can't remember her name.  When she whipped off her blouse during her solo to show the glittery bra underneath, my thought is that that's not an effective move unless you're a little more blessed in the breastular area.  During deliberations, when Judy spoke about not being that impressed with Yuko, the look on all the other judges' faces was, "No, Judy!  We're supposed to like her!  Remember??"

Agree.  It seemed like Charlotte had already decided before finals even started that she wanted Kat OFF and Yuko ON.

• Love 1
On ‎9‎/‎6‎/‎2016 at 5:56 PM, missmansfield said:

You are right- her title was discussed earlier and I should not have included that in my question.  What I am really curious as to why DCC uses her as a judge.  Actually, if anyone knows I am curious how they pick any of the judges.  Oh, I also have to say after watching this episode again I really did like Brendas reaction to Kelseys impressive answer.  She was really nice about it and really seemed happy for her that she gave a good answer this year.

Also curious about this.  Why not have Kitty as a judge?  Or some of the guest choreographers they use?  You know, people who actually know something about dance??

• Love 3
On ‎9‎/‎7‎/‎2016 at 8:19 AM, QuiteContraryMoni said:

I think you're right. I saw that too and thought less of her. Which is exactly why I'm sure Jay asked that question, like another poster said, drunk execs and obnoxious fans ask these dumbass questions for whatever reason, so I bet you have to have a diplomatic diversion in the chamber.

Side note: Why would anyone do that?! What kind of a bored, flaccid curmudgeon talks politics to an NFL cheerleader LOL?! Can't you go to Trump's twitter feed and pick a fight there if that's your thing?! It's like going to Disney World and asking Goofy his stance on Stem cell research and Planned Parenthood (although, I'm sure, after spending the day in a Goofy suit staving off screaming kids, you'd have some DEFINITE opinions on birth control). Dum dums.

OMG!!  You are just LOL hysterical!  You should have your own talk show -- move over Chelsea Handler, there's a new girl in town!

• Love 3
On 9/5/2016 at 4:09 AM, cherryblossom said:

I don't know if it was on this thread but she is the owner of a title company and a speaker.  You can google her and find out

You are right- her title was discussed earlier and I should not have included that in my question.  What I am really curious as to why DCC uses her as a judge.  Actually, if anyone knows I am curious how they pick any of the judges.  Oh, I also have to say after watching this episode again I really did like Brendas reaction to Kelseys impressive answer.  She was really nice about it and really seemed happy for her that she gave a good answer this year.

14 minutes ago, cheerbear said:

Also curious about this.  Why not have Kitty as a judge?  Or some of the guest choreographers they use?  You know, people who actually know something about dance??

I was wondering about that too and I have always wondered why Kitty is not a judge.  It would certainly make sense!

1 hour ago, cheerbear said:

I think Kitty doesn't judge because she knows most of the girls from her studio and although we can guess from her personality she wouldn't be biased, she provides references for some of the girls so it wouldn't be fair. Also she's an expert in dancing, not the interview part, I think that's why they have journalists/ex journalists/PR people at interviews because that's their field of expertise? 

Kitty normally judges show group, where it's only the dancing that matters so I guess that's something. 

• Love 8
6 hours ago, JC123 said:

I think Kitty doesn't judge because she knows most of the girls from her studio and although we can guess from her personality she wouldn't be biased, she provides references for some of the girls so it wouldn't be fair. Also she's an expert in dancing, not the interview part, I think that's why they have journalists/ex journalists/PR people at interviews because that's their field of expertise? 

Kitty normally judges show group, where it's only the dancing that matters so I guess that's something. 

This exactly. While I don't think Kitty would be intentionally biased, there's no way she could be 100% impartial.

• Love 4

I'm pretty sure they have random people because these are the people that will be at the games, media personalities and such. They want people who can kind of judge like a fan would.

9 hours ago, cheerbear said:

My guess is that some are students of Miss Kitty so it would not be appropriate to have her judge them.  She can be a support and critique but not a judge

• Love 2
10 hours ago, cheerbear said:

I don't think Kitty could be totally unbiased... Lots of the girls train with her. Conflict of interest. 

• Love 4

When the judges where watching the kickline on the jumbo tron, Kelli said stuff ( She's can't get them up, It's killing her, She all hunched over) about couple of girls who could not do high kicks. They showed them so fast. Anybody remember which ones?

Edited by MrsEVH
2 hours ago, LaurenBrook said:

I hope Brittney works on her flexibility - I think she is so gorgeous and love her hair.  Just something unique in the dance world lol 

She's currently an AAIA so maybe she'll come back next year.