Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E02: Comeback Girls

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, parrotfeathers said:

When Yuko took off her cover top my first impression was how refreshing it was that she danced with what nature gave her instead of having huge implants.  

Exactly. You could actually focus on the entire package instead of the gigantic silicone enhancements some of these girls have. I'm not knocking implants, but some of these girls just go way too big, and it's so obvious they're fake. Small boobs are sexy too 

• Love 6

My thoughts!

Brenda-wow! Could she have been any more rude? She really flustered Kat, and from that point on, she was done. 

The dress-eh, I dress in some crazy get ups(I have shoes with cats on them lol); however, I think it was ill fitting and the cut outs definitely didn't help. 

I LOVE Kristi Scales. Being from the area, I read her stuff a lot. I appreciate that she seems to really put a lot of thought into who she chooses to put into training camp.

I also love Kitty. I've never thought she was a bitch, but as a former theater teacher I know you have to be critical to bring out the best. Now that I'm a cheer coach, I have a new respect for this woman!

for the love of all things, it's COWBOYS!! yes, Charlotte said Cowboy, which is kind of odd considering she called someone out for it in season 3.

Hunter admitting she didn't read hurt my English teacher heart. I read all the time lol.

The episodes seem much better this year. I loved Amy's reaction!

• Love 6

Re: Mandy

Exactly what the one judge said of her, "There's our swimsuit cover girl." Calling it now, she's the next Holly Arielle, the "Barbie" of the squad.

I wish Heather Hamilton and Tess were featured more, these two also had the most beautiful auditions costumes (along with red Jinelle's solos outfit). I think they are drop dead gorgeous; but looking at solo pics, Heather H did wear a onesie type outfit. Heather H=brunette Melissa.

Edited by homelife
  • Love 2
On 9/4/2016 at 3:06 PM, Gabrielle Tracy said:

- Jay, not cool to give the 19 year old with only a high school diploma a politically charged question that stumps candidates and tenured poli sci professors.  Were you trying to show off the fact that you are such a learned individual?  Well, let me learn you one more thing.  You're an Army veteran, no?  Then you know damn well that you don't wear a cover (hat) indoors unless you're armed.  So if you're not packing heat at the cheerleader interview, kindly remove your cover.

I don't know if this is just a southern or army thing, but I wear hats indoors all the time. Hats are my bestie when I'm having a bad hair day. I'll remove my hat if we're out to eat or something of that nature but not if I'm just going out to the store or shopping.

sorry back on topic I go.

On 9/4/2016 at 3:23 PM, dalgal214 said:

Caila is actually 21 and has a desk job at a finance firm. I think she dodged the question because she may actually support trump, but doesn't want to seem racist. So play dumb. She's a young woman, but not a child by any means. And poor hunter just isn't very bright. Wickedly talented, but not bright.

I'm pretty sure Caila does support Trump. It was either her or Kelsey B that retweeted something supporting him once.

34 minutes ago, heatherrrrz said:

I don't know if this is just a southern or army thing, but I wear hats indoors all the time. Hats are my bestie when I'm having a bad hair day. I'll remove my hat if we're out to eat or something of that nature but not if I'm just going out to the store or shopping.

sorry back on topic I go.

I'm pretty sure Caila does support Trump. It was either her or Kelsey B that retweeted something supporting him once.

If Calia supports Trump to the point that she would tweet about supporting him, she should know all about him and the wall - really makes her seem a lot more ditzy to me if she doesn't (its one thing to be ignorant about politics, but another to go around as a psuedo public figure saying you support someone politically when you have no idea what they stand for). 

Wonder if her tweet is why they asked her that question in the first place - to see if she really knew the platform of a man she's supporting publicly? - hmmmm....

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, MyFavShows said:

If Calia supports Trump to the point that she would tweet about supporting him, she should know all about him and the wall - really makes her seem a lot more ditzy to me if she doesn't (its one thing to be ignorant about politics, but another to go around as a psuedo public figure saying you support someone politically when you have no idea what they stand for). 

Wonder if her tweet is why they asked her that question in the first place - to see if she really knew the platform of a man she's supporting publicly? - hmmmm....

I think this was more recent anyways. Not totally sure if it was Caila, I feel like it might have been Kelsey. It wasn't a direct thing in support but more like a retweet of something posted by Trump on twitter.

4 hours ago, heatherrrrz said:

I think this was more recent anyways. Not totally sure if it was Caila, I feel like it might have been Kelsey. It wasn't a direct thing in support but more like a retweet of something posted by Trump on twitter.

Which Kelsey are we talking about?

15 minutes ago, ChlcGirl said:

Which Kelsey are we talking about?

Bond, the one who refuses to give up her dcc twitter handle lol

On 9/5/2016 at 4:09 AM, cherryblossom said:

I don't know if it was on this thread but she is the owner of a title company and a speaker.  You can google her and find out

You are right- her title was discussed earlier and I should not have included that in my question.  What I am really curious as to why DCC uses her as a judge.  Actually, if anyone knows I am curious how they pick any of the judges.  Oh, I also have to say after watching this episode again I really did like Brendas reaction to Kelseys impressive answer.  She was really nice about it and really seemed happy for her that she gave a good answer this year.

On September 3, 2016 at 5:40 PM, Pinknblue said:

Wow, mind boggles to think that Brenda had that same bitchy, drawn-out, ridiculously overplayed  conversation with like 50 different girls

Not 50, but a few.

• Love 2

Just got back into town and watched the episode...I know I've been an Auto Amy detractor (hater goes too far) but she sure did warm up my cold grinch heart this episode. I'm very tickled she made training camp. I might have also teared up, but I'm blaming that on the wine. 

• Love 3

I think Kat bombed the interview because Kelly stated she "didn't recover" she could have come back from that but honestly her dress, makeup, hair and jewelry were inappropriate. Kat also was not powerful on the field and Judy commented she thought she was more powerful but "I guess not today" so they probably thought she didn't want it. Also Kat barely made it last year and personally she never had the DCC look to begin with. Kat was not a beloved teammate either which they let slide. I think kelly  didn't like the idea that question came out of left field and it was the very first one. I still think she was good to cut her because if she wanted Kat tgdn Kat would be a DCC now ie-Danielle.

i think Caila was spoon fed her interview question they gave her multiple chances to give any answer she could have said exactly what she said after " it's tough because it's political" but she came across uneducated and immature.  It's odd that she's posting selfies as if she's still a DCC, she knew better I mean Breelyn was cut for weight and she was heavy.

Ive changed my stance on Kelly, Judy and Kitty. I used to think they were cherry picking the favorites to make the team but this season it shows the truth, sad it took this long to see but they all go above and beyond to help the girls make the team and they are very fair with them all. They are all amazing and know their shhhh.

Lastly Jenna from DCC 2011, I think she looked better for sure but she has not ever had the DCC look. She obviously thought she was going to make it on weight loss alone. Her hair and look is hard and not cute, she was nervous yet cocky and omg I saw her solo on YouTube and it was horrible really really bad, she couldn't even turn at all and did this 70s fist roll. She also had no energy and her makeup was bad, her outfit was terrible as well. It was this red cut out jump suit and black shoes, it was the worst I've seen in a while. I don't know how she made it in 2011 truthfully. I guarantee thats why she didn't get TC. I wouldn't have chose her. The DCC team in the last few years are unbelievably talented so she didn't make the cut compared to Holly, Erika, Madilyn, Melissa, Lacy, Jennifer...yeah Kelly and Judy are on point with the choices for sure.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, lilojuicy said:

Lastly Jenna from DCC 2011, I think she looked better for sure but she has not ever had the DCC look. She obviously thought she was going to make it on weight loss alone. Her hair and look is hard and not cute, she was nervous yet cocky and omg I saw her solo on YouTube and it was horrible really really bad, she couldn't even turn at all and did this 70s fist roll. She also had no energy and her makeup was bad, her outfit was terrible as well. It was this red cut out jump suit and black shoes, it was the worst I've seen in a while. I don't know how she made it in 2011 truthfully. I guarantee thats why she didn't get TC. I wouldn't have chose her. The DCC team in the last few years are unbelievably talented so she didn't make the cut compared to Holly, Erika, Madilyn, Melissa, Lacy, Jennifer...yeah Kelly and Judy are on point with the choices for sure.

Do you have a link? I'd love to see it if it's as much of a trainwreck as it sounds.

3 hours ago, BritFan said:

^^^  I'm surprised you think Kat was not a beloved team mate.. that is the exact opposite to how I thought.

Yeah, agree to this - Kat seemed like miss popularity on the squad! heck, several of the girls went to Vegas with her for her birthday, they all wore whiskers on her birthday (kitty kat), most of them wrote really sweet comments on her post about getting cut...I never got the impression she was anything but adored by the other DCC. 

• Love 6

Yeah I agree. I think Kat was very popular with her team mates!

Can I ask what gave you the impression that she wasn't, did you see something or just s feeling? @lilojuicy totally agree about Jenna though! I never think she fitted in with the 'look' anyway. (Fitted in? Fit in?? I'm having a brain fart) 

• Love 1

Just got back into town and watched the episode...I know I've been an Auto Amy detractor (hater goes too far) but she sure did warm up my cold grinch heart this episode. I'm very tickled she made training camp.

No idea if her dancing has improved, because they didn't show much, but wow! her body was rockin'. She has really transformed herself.

• Love 2

I think Twitter is handled by DCC and they have not put out the new DCC handles yet.  The vets that are cut, are deleted immediately in case they were to vent their feelings, but maybe the retired vets handles get updated at the same time as the newbies?

I rewatched the episode and checked out other dresses that I could see.  Amy's dress had black lace in a deep v and was short enough that I'm sure the kindergarten kids would have had an eyeful at their eyesight level.   

Looking forward to the critiques this week.  

3 hours ago, Jazzmom said:

I think Twitter is handled by DCC and they have not put out the new DCC handles yet.  The vets that are cut, are deleted immediately in case they were to vent their feelings, but maybe the retired vets handles get updated at the same time as the newbies?

I rewatched the episode and checked out other dresses that I could see.  Amy's dress had black lace in a deep v and was short enough that I'm sure the kindergarten kids would have had an eyeful at their eyesight level.   

Looking forward to the critiques this week.  

The girls Twitters are handled by CMT from what I've been told. They all have a password that I guess CMT chooses and they aren't allowed to change it, which I'm thinking might have been what happened to Kelsey. She probably changed the password on them and they can't access it to take away her handle.

On ‎9‎/‎3‎/‎2016 at 2:10 PM, M1977G said:

Totally agree that this was such a fun episode!  The editing was good but also frustrating, mostly because I wanted to see more. And because they kept saying Mandy was from like 8 different cities (ok, 3 or 4), and I kept feeling so confused about whether she was the same person, or multiple girls who looked shockingly alike. Really like Mandy, though! Great dancer, beautiful, articulate and an accomplished small business owner--impressive! I hope they soften her hair color just a scootch. 

As for who wore what (and was it appropriate?!) to interviews, I don't think Tess wore the bandage dress. They show her walking in at some point in a cute but not especially  body conscious dress. I bet lots of candidates get marks against them for what they wear, but being groomed in comportment and presentation is part of the DCC training. So Kat, a 30 year old and a vet, definitely should know better. That said, I totally agree that what counts as sexy vs trashy in DCC Land is a fine line I don't always understand or agree with. Kat's dress was ill-fitted, her hair and accessories were messy and somewhat juvenile--all kind of surprised me. But I do remember thinking last year, in her intro segment, "Wow, cute outfit, but that's a pretty short skirt to be wearing with bare legs to work!" So maybe there really was something more behind her scolding beyond her interview outfit. 

I agree that calling a vet last would have been way more dramatic than calling Amy. If it was Melissa, as some have said here, that would explain her less than ecstatic demeanor when they briefly showed her walking out of the stadium. Bless her heart, really. She did look heavier to me in the vets rehearsal (I didn't notice Megan's weight gain as others have). But I remember that Melissa lost a lot of weight to make the team in the first place. Some excellent detective on this site once found an audition picture of her from the year before her rookie season, and she was noticeably heavier.  I know weight has been a struggle for her, and it just makes me admire her more for the way she's transformed her body to be a DCC, and how much more human it makes her, you know, because it seems like gravity doesn't apply to her dancing. Keep it up, girl! 

In addition to loving how Kristi Scales fought for the vets and underdogs, I also thought she looked great! She was wearing some makeup, and has colored and styled her hair a little, and I think it makes her look more polished and prettier, while still looking like herself. Bravo, Kristi!  At the same time, woah, Charlotte, wtf are you wearing at finals??!  I was digging her red blazer when all we could see was from judges table and up, but that dominatrix pleather-looking skirt is awful. And I bet a cow died and she spent a lot of money on that skirt. My mom always said, money can buy a whole lot of ugly. True. That. On the topic, I liked Judy's finals dress, but not her semi-finals look. I thought that was a rare miss for Judy -- the tented A-line dress + cage sandals didn't work for me. But each item was cute on its own!

Looks like a great rookie class. Glad for Auto Amy and Madeline, but I'm not a huge fan of them as DCC yet. Of the ones I've seen so far, I really love Maggie (and her resort-style backyard!) and Heather O, but I do like a lot of the girls so far.  I remember Heather O was my favorite dancer from the audition videos in the spring, and I thought she wasn't that pretty and I worried if her looks would affect her chances in camp. But now that I see her on the show and not in a tiny video, she's gorgeous!  

Maybe the judges had mean things to say about Jenna, and that's why they didn't show the discussion. I also was surprised she said she thought she deserved a spot in TC, particularly because I thought she was one of the least captivating DCCs her year. I wasn't that impressed with her audition video, either. She lacked the snap I'd expect of a vet. Interesting that they didn't introduce Selina among the comeback girls yet. I think she looks great--a clean performer and more mature beauty--and I hope we get to see more of her in camp. (I wasn't a fan last year because of her interview quote mishap, but she's young, so I'm past it.)  Glad they didn't bother to mention Shelby. Hunter had no idea she should have been embarrassed by her level of ignorance and distaste for reading anything ever. Even before seeing that, I hadn't loved her looks or dancing. She's good, but doesn't draw my eye, and I dislike the open-mouthed expressions she makes when dancing. Not sorry she got cut.  I was definitely sorry to see Royesha and Kaylee cut, though.  But I loved both of their responses to the outcome, and really hope they both come back stronger next year. 

Can't wait to see the start of camp next week!! 

Love Melissa - I think she's so talented and articulate but she definitely looks like she's just one cheeseburger away from blowing up (meaning I don't think she's naturally thin and really has to work on not being just another pasty, big woman).  She also has thick legs and cankles which I kinda love cause it reminds me she's human!  Cause that girl keeps a mad schedule!

• Love 4
On ‎9‎/‎3‎/‎2016 at 4:11 PM, SopranoKris said:

I *finally* got to sit down and watch this episode.  Here are my thoughts:

- I *love* Kelsey saying "I'm 50 Yard Line Kelsey and proud of it because I just rocked my interview!"  Go, Kelsey!  The edit they gave made it seem like she had a huge pause before answering, but it was clearly a repeated loop.  I knew she was smarter than her previous interview edits portrayed her. Wish they'd shown more of her solo.  So proud of her for making it in to camp!

- I know Amy has gotten a bit of flak for saying "girl" when responding to the 5th year auditioning question.  However, I thought that was an endearing answer. She certainly doesn't let any nerves show during her interviews. I can imagine she was overwhelmed with emotion when she was selected as a TCC, so I cut her some slack for the dramatic pause before running up to the front.  

- Kat.  Oh, where do I start?  I was never of the impression that Kat should have made the squad last year.  I don't think she has the DCC look and she's so flexible that it makes her look too loose when she dances.  No pop.  Does that make sense?  From everything I've read, she's an incredibly sweet person and it's hard to see her dreams get crushed.  However, that interview dress was absolutely a no-no. I think the interviewer was a bit harsh in her tone, but she was right. Also, I don't know why Kat was sticking with the strawberry red lip stick, but it was not at all flattering.

- Caila. When they showed the vets practicing, even my husband said "she's going to get cut".  And he is always the one saying "there's no way I'd call her fat" when they show weight gain segments.  It was very noticeable weight gain. Her interview was atrocious. Even getting a land-mine question about politics, there's a way to give a refined answer that dodges that bullet, which is what I assume was the point of the question. She's still very young, so she can choose to work on things and try again, if she chooses.  We know from others that she was seen drinking underage.  I'm thinking word might have gotten back to Kelli about that.

- Tasha.  I agree with Kitty.  I hated her solo outfit. I'm not sure how I feel about her yet.  She gives off a very plastic outer shell look with Barbie-pink lipstick, but then she comes across so sweet in her interviews. I'm still on the fence about her.  I'll have to see more.

- Yuko.  I think she's adorable.  Crossing a big language barrier is very difficult.  You could tell she wasn't sure if they had called her name or not during the TC announcements.  I wish they'd shown a bit more of her dancing. I can't really get a sense of her style.  Everything was slo-mo. But I'm rooting for her. Cute dimples!

Random others - I hope Royeesha tries out again. If she improves her flexibility, she'd have the whole package.  We were all wondering why Hunter didn't make it in to camp and now we know.  YIKES!  "I don't read"??? She really said that???  Milan just needs a really good make over.  It really did have a gray sheen to it with the stadium lighting. Too much ash in the color. Emily is stunning when she's not dancing.  When she dances, her face gets frozen. I wish there was a way to fix that because she is beautiful. They really picked on Kyndall during solos & field, so I'm trying to understand why they brought her in to camp?

Can I just say that Kristi Scales was wonderful this episode? She's always so positive about the girls and she really stuck up for the ones that needed it. I know Candance Romo is new to the judging panel this year, but she fits in like she's been doing this for years. .loved her Kelli impersonation :)

Melissa - must have been embarrassing for her to be called last ... that's gotta suck

Not a Tasha fan ... I don't think she's that great as a performer and seems more like another pretty skinny leggy blonde.  (and IMHO, I don't even think she's that pretty!  For someone who seems to be focused on her looks, she's got some fangs going on.  It definitely detracts from her beauty)

Really liked Jenna ... she seemed so nice and looked great!

Caila - such an amazing dancer!  I wonder why she didn't try out for another team!  If anything, I feel like she got even thicker / bigger to the point where if she doesn't reverse it now, youth won't save her.  She's so so talented though.  I hope she gets it out of her system and tries out for another dance team.

Kat - hope she's moving on ...seems like a sweet girl.

Kyndall - so much prettier than Chantal

• Love 1
7 hours ago, QuiteContraryMoni said:

I think you're right. I saw that too and thought less of her. Which is exactly why I'm sure Jay asked that question, like another poster said, drunk execs and obnoxious fans ask these dumbass questions for whatever reason, so I bet you have to have a diplomatic diversion in the chamber.

Side note: Why would anyone do that?! What kind of a bored, flaccid curmudgeon talks politics to an NFL cheerleader LOL?! Can't you go to Trump's twitter feed and pick a fight there if that's your thing?! It's like going to Disney World and asking Goofy his stance on Stem cell research and Planned Parenthood (although, I'm sure, after spending the day in a Goofy suit staving off screaming kids, you'd have some DEFINITE opinions on birth control). Dum dums.

At end of day, she's free to support whoever she wants to support.  It's just sad that she feels like she needs to hide it.  The great thing about America is we have the freedom to believe anything and everything we want - even the most unpopular opinions. 

Hope she figures it out and tries out for another team.  She's such a great performer and so young!

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, QuiteContraryMoni said:

I don't care who she feels the need to tout on social media, but I'd imagine that the Cowboys org stance on it is this(and I'm guessing this because the question was asked and she fell on her face and was subsequently cut as a direct result of her lack of diplomacy-among other things): She's free to share her view all day long...when she's not using a social media account created by, and on behalf of her employer, who has employed her to be a public figure and represent them and their values, which, clearly, does not involve political party affiliation. That's exactly why Jay asked her that in the first place. Not so he could shoot the breeze about his fave candidate with her, but so he could see if she could gracefully back out of a political endorsement/bashing session. She could not.

Just a guess.

totally agree ... I think as a professional, your work twitter account has to represent a pretty vanilla, neutral personality that doesn't offend anyone...cause at the end of the day, you are a brand ambassador (that and an S&M swimsuit model).

• Love 8
5 hours ago, QuiteContraryMoni said:

I don't care who she feels the need to tout on social media, but I'd imagine that the Cowboys org stance on it is this(and I'm guessing this because the question was asked and she fell on her face and was subsequently cut as a direct result of her lack of diplomacy-among other things): She's free to share her view all day long...when she's not using a social media account created by, and on behalf of her employer, who has employed her to be a public figure and represent them and their values, which, clearly, does not involve political party affiliation. That's exactly why Jay asked her that in the first place. Not so he could shoot the breeze about his fave candidate with her, but so he could see if she could gracefully back out of a political endorsement/bashing session. She could not.

Just a guess.

She never answered what it is that he wants to do.  That’s not personal.  That’s knowing what is happening in the world.

The Kat issue, she probably was loved by her teammates but Danielle was saved by that and if Kat was as loved as Danielle she would still be on the team. Kat had her group of friends and is sweet I'm sure just as all the others are but it's different when your a "Danielle" type.

I can't find the whole video but this clip has enough of it to see 

• Love 3
50 minutes ago, lilojuicy said:

The Kat issue, she probably was loved by her teammates but Danielle was saved by that and if Kat was as loved as Danielle she would still be on the team. Kat had her group of friends and is sweet I'm sure just as all the others are but it's different when your a "Danielle" type.

There have been a lot of beloved team members cut over the years. Morgan was, and I quote "a locker room favorite". Similar comments were made about Collin. 

Danielle's teammates did not save her. Kelli & Charlotte did- THEY love Danielle and knew she belonged on the team. Kat was a weak dancer, too skinny, bad hair and makeup, and gave a poor interview. No one, no matter how beloved, would've survived that. Well, Cassie would have. But I digress.

In regards to the solo video:

Jenn K looks heavy, Stephanie's solo was a snooze fest, and it's no secret now why Jenna Allison was cut. Her costume choice was poor, and if the rest of the solo was half as bad as that clip, she didn't stand a chance. 

Edited by PrincessLeia
  • Love 2

Re: solo compilation video - I didn't like Jenn k's costume (it looked very cheap and plain) and she looked heavy.

I really wasn't impressed w/ what was shown of Kelli Q. - I thought she was supposed to be a good dancer?  Didn't look like she had strong technique from any of the clips shown.

Hunter looked good and had tons of power - I guess coming off like a ditz in the interview did her in a lot more than her dancing.

Jackie looked pretty good, and so did Heather H.

Those turns of Megan's at the end certianly were outstanding - too bad she was in an apron dress.

I can't believe Kitty didn't tell Jenna to fix that costume in the prep session - goodness was that unflattering.   And again she needed more support in her top.

Is it just me, but does it seem like Jinelle has done the same solo w/ a very similar costume every year?

Edited by MyFavShows
  • Love 1
31 minutes ago, MyFavShows said:

Re: solo compilation video - I didn't like Jenn k's costume (it looked very cheap and plain) and she looked heavy.

I really wasn't impressed w/ what was shown of Kelli Q. - I thought she was supposed to be a good dancer?  Didn't look like she had strong technique from any of the clips shown.

Hunter looked good and had tons of power - I guess coming off like a ditz in the interview did her in a lot more than her dancing.

Those turns of Megan's at the end certianly were outstanding - too bad she was in an apron dress.

I can't believe Kitty didn't tell Jenna to fix that costume in the prep session - goodness was that unflattering.   And again she needed more support in her top.

Is it just me, but does it seem like Jinelle has done the same solo w/ a very similar costume every year?

I actually loved what Jenn K was wearing! 

Jinelle did like a rock n roll themed solo her first year, year 2 was bollywood theme, year 3 was the 80's theme with the leg warmers and this year was the that stunning red outfit and she did a salsa theme solo... You can't really tell when the clips are only 2 seconds long. 

• Love 1
38 minutes ago, MyFavShows said:

I agree with you that Jinelle's solos look the same!

Now I'm even more curious to see more of Yuko because it looked like everyone was really enjoying her solo.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, lilojuicy said:

Charlotte and Kelli loved Danielle. And they were well aware of what she COULD do, but remember she had sliced her foot into ribbons a couple of weeks before? So she wasn't at her best. And they knew that.

Kat had been below par compared to the others all season, them was out danced at finals. No injury or illness etc affected her (as far as we know) she was just out danced. 

• Love 1
40 minutes ago, QuiteContraryMoni said:

Exactly. I was like, really!? You support this person and you don't even know this?

I didn't realise she had tweeted her support for Trump (I think someone said that up thread) in which case we are doomed if the yoof of today can and do vote for someone when they have no idea of their policies.. Which is why Britain is no longer in EU *sigh*

Edited by BritFan
  • Love 5

Not quite sure where to put this so I'll just tack it on to my thoughts about Caila.

I wonder just how vanilla you have to be in your views when you are a DCC? Are you encouraged to keep your passions to yourself?

One hopeful, who is now a Dallas Stars Ice Girl has a massive ton of books about World War II which is fine, I do too and it is an era I specialise in for my work, she may have been studying that particular period of history too or just be interested in it..

But perhaps saying Hitler was such a genius (even though he was a horrible person) her words not mine, may be taken in a very dim light by the bosses.

I suppose it is a toss up between sharing things about you so people can know you better and being aware how easily people are offended and will blow things out of proportion.

Edited by BritFan
Edited out name as their Instagram is now private.. Added some more waffling on to the end as well.
  • Love 1

Yuko has noodley, unextended, uncontrolled arms in that clip.

megan - love her and she may be the most talented on the team - yes, I'd put her slightly above Holly bc Megan has prettier long legs and better expressions - but that costume. Girl, no.

jinelle - love her too but everything she does looks exactly the same to me. 

Kashara stood out in a good way. Jackie is gorgeous. Jenn K looked tired. Hunter looked like a fancy stripper. Well most of them looked tired. Most have been a long day. 

• Love 6

I was rewatching last week's episode and, while I was upset for Caila and Kat, I knew they didn't deserve to come back and I think Kat, at least, knew, or could guess, why she didn't get called back.  Maybe Caila had a good idea as well.

As for Jenna Allison, saying she deserved a spot and that she "had given up so much for this" and all the rest of it, it reminded me of how much like a spoiled brat she sounded.  She was a former DCC, for crying out loud.  The only girls who have been cut only to come back and make it have been exceptional in a lot of things, and, from what I've seen of her, she wasn't one of those exceptional girls.  I know she was upset, but both Caila and Kat (and many of the other girls who HAVEN'T been on the squad, but didn't make Training Camp both this year and previously) gave better exit interviews and they were just as upset, if not more.  I think they dodged the bullet when they didn't accept her into Training Camp.

• Love 2
51 minutes ago, QuiteContraryMoni said:

Exactly. I thought that too, thanks for bringing this up. I am a firm believer that no one "deserves" anything. You work, you live the process, you learn lessons and the outcome is what it is. If you're JUST working to get something you think you're entitled to, you're gonna have a world of disappointment in your life.

Another fave entitlement moment was when blonde now-Ice Girl Megan compared being cut at prelims to losing a loved one. Just, Jesus.

People say things they don't mean or shouldn't when they're upset. She was crying and visibly upset. In the heat of the moment, you say things. It doesn't necessarily mean she's an entitled ass. 

I don't take anything anyone says when they're that upset very seriously. 

• Love 7
11 hours ago, lilojuicy said:

I wasn't really wowed by any of them ... Kashara was good but wtf is up with Stephanie's stupid costume and sode/cake/whatever she's carrying around?

Also not a fan of Janelle's dancing -- is this a salsa competition?  or a belly dancing one?  no me gusta!

Megan's top should have gotten her called out but that girl has skillz!  Her point is beautiful.

• Love 4
9 hours ago, MyFavShows said:

omg YES YES YES on Jinelle!!!  I swear to you I thought it was deja vu when I saw her clip.  She always does that weird arm wave thing and salsa move

• Love 7
9 hours ago, MyFavShows said:

^^^This!

Jinelle does the SAME moves every single year in her solo. All she does is change the costume. It's always hip shake, arm up, hip shake, other arm up, feet, feet, feet, hip shake,  flail arms. When you look at the clip of her dancing on her former Aussi cheer team, she's doing the SAME dance. Frankly, I'm surprised they don't call her out on it. 

• Love 5

Regarding Caila, I honestly don't think it would have mattered how she answered Jays question. Not Brendas, hers was an easy answer, but by then she was flustered. From watching the episode I get the feeling she knew she was on thin ice. She was crying, saying how much the DCC Org meant to her in the one clip and she appeared nervous. Thing is, Caila gained a lot of weight (for a DCC), there were serious rumors of underage partying/drinking, being drunk and lap dances. A couple of people even posted about it on her IG acct and Charlottes. Kelli has spent her life promoting the idea of DCCs being 'just outta reach wholesome, intelligent, beautiful good girls'. (However ridiculous that may seem at times.) Lap dances and anything illegal don't fit with that description. I found one picture, she's sideways, in uniform at a game. There is a really big difference in her weight from her first year. I didn't attach it bc I didn't want to upset her. (If she reads here)

I just think she's young and still finding her way. She'll figure it out. She's got her whole life ahead of her. 

Edited by Laurawithcats
Wrong tense
  • Love 3
8 minutes ago, SopranoKris said:

^^^This!

Jinelle does the SAME moves every single year in her solo. All she does is change the costume. It's always hip shake, arm up, hip shake, other arm up, feet, feet, feet, hip shake,  flail arms. When you look at the clip of her dancing on her former Aussi cheer team, she's doing the SAME dance. Frankly, I'm surprised they don't call her out on it. 

EXACTLY!!!  that stupid crazed hip shake and arm up move.  I wonder if she knows she's recycling or if she even has a clue how to be original?  It's annoying to see that ... the hip shake also makes me roll my eyes cause I can't seem to find her hips so not sure what she's shakin ... her ribs??

I wonder what her post DCC plans are ... maybe get married and stay in U.S.?  Not sure if she has a partner.

• Love 3