Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E10: The DArkest Knight

SUMMER FINALE!

The Liars face off with their enemies in a chaotic fight that ends fatally. One of the PLLs learns a secret about her past that changes everything while another Liar discovers something about her future that could alter her course forever.

Promo:

#PLLDeathtrap -- that is some funny shit, since no one ever seems to actually die on this show.

That's probably not even Jenna holding the gun -- but someone else in a Jenna mask.

And hopefully if someone actually dies it's Mary Drake., but then again I don't think the writers know what that word 'fatal' actually means. Or what the word 'chaotic' actually means.  Or even what the word 'forever' actually means.

• Love 5

Normally I just take the episode summary with a grain of salt but this one made me want to dissect it.

The Liars face off with their enemies in a chaotic fight that ends fatally.

So ANOTHER person is going to die. That brings the death toll for 7A to three (Charlotte, Sara, and whoever dies in the summer finale). It's four if you count Wrollins but since his body wasn't in the grave, I'm not sure if we're supposed to think that he was playing opossum while they buried him alive (ha, or maybe he was doing his best Alison impersonation - too bad he wasn't wearing a yellow shirt). Considering that 7A seems to have taken place over the course of about two weeks, Rosewood's murder rate is looking pretty bad.

One of the PLLs learns a secret about her past that changes everything

Damn it, this means one of the girls is definitely Mary Drake's second kid, right? Please let it be Aria so that Jason has now hooked up with three of his relatives (his cousin Charlotte and his half-sister Melissa).

while another Liar discovers something about her future that could alter her course forever.

How exactly do you learn something about your future? Consult a psychic? I really hope this doesn't mean that one of them is pregnant (and especially not Alison because I don't want her to have the spawn of Wrollins or be carrying Emily's eggs).

1 hour ago, ottoDbusdriver said:

I don't think the writers know what that word 'fatal' actually means. Or what the word 'chaotic' actually means.  Or even what the word 'forever' actually means.

They definitely don't know what "dead" actually means. Heh, or "statuatory." They seem to think the definition of "maniplative predatory stalker" is "dreamy romantic true love fiance."

• Love 5

When I see blind Jenna flashing a gun around all I can hear in my head is Aerosmith, insert Jenna instead of Janie. It really should be the background track to that ridiculous scene. 

Edited by Peanut6711
  • Love 1

Fatality -- Jenna or Noel Kahn.  Or hopefully Toby since he's in the preview (and Spencer is inexplicably kissing him)

Something about her Past -- Mary's second secret child will turn out to be Emily because that makes the least sense.

Future -- pregnancy for Ali that will turn out to be AD faked the test results in 7.12.

• Love 2

Fatality: It would be nice that it's Toby. I'd like to have one 'endgame' pairing not happen, and Toby seems to have moved on from Spencer. I already find the Spoby kiss ridiculous as it is. But it's probably Noel. 

Past: Mary's secret second child? I'd laugh if it was Aria. In that case, Jason needs serious therapy if he keeps getting intimate with his family members. Three of them now. Three! But it's probably Spencer. Which....is getting complicated now. So Spencer/Jason are half siblings, but if Spencer is Mary Drake's child, then they're half cousins? The DiLaurentis-Drake-Hastings family tree is confusing.

Future: It's totally Ali, and it's with Emily's eggs. But who's the sperm donor? Wrollins? Wren? Jason, just to get even creepier? 

while another Liar discovers something about her future that could alter her course forever.

A future pregnancy could also be Hannah. Don't forget she also threw up in a recent episode, the cliched TV foreshadowing for pregnancy.   We also saw her and Jordan intimate before that, which was before her kidnapping torture. Perhaps she missed a few birth control pills during that time when she was held hostage. From the clip it looks like she's going to be intimate with Caleb next week. *Gag*  What bigger wrench to throw at the Haleb shippers than Hannah pregnant to her ex after reuniting with her high school sweetheart.   "Full steam ahead" Marlene King catcalls to the writers to embrace more cheesy soap opera twists right after they pen Nicole's reappearance at the Montgomery-Fitz wedding. ;-)

Edited by Peanut6711
  • Love 1

I really hope the Toby/Spencer kiss is another dream sequence. Didn't he just pack up and leave with his fiancée Yvonne to keep her away from AD? Why would he immediately come back to Rosewood? Oh, right. Because he looooooves Spencer and wants to help/save her. 

6 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

Future: It's totally Ali, and it's with Emily's eggs. But who's the sperm donor? Wrollins? Wren? Jason, just to get even creepier? 

Pepe the corpse-sniffing bird ?  Tippie the parrot ?  The possibilities are endless. </sarcasm>

Yeah, I bet Spencer is Mary's Mystery Moppet, though her father is still Peter Hastings.  Peter had an affair with Jessica (thus resulting in Jason's birth) and a few years later hooked up with "her" again, except it was actually Mary posing as Jessica.  Noel Khan's father helped them do the adoption paperwork (and cover up the fact that Mary effectively raped Peter).

• Love 4

Well, the shoes are definitely Spencer's, but I can see her being the one to lean over someone who was shot. My guess is Paige is going to die. Because why not kill another LGBT member, and they gotta resolve the Paige/Emily and Allison/Emily fanbase somehow. Besides, it's always Emily's girlfriend that goes. 

I'm going with Aria is the adopted child. This show likes it's lore, and since the Jason/aria thing has been prominent..yea..she's related. (If she's not related, she needs to drop Ezra and get with Jason, like..yesterday..) 

Future..I actually think it's going to be mundane, and Emily is offered the swim coach job. 

• Love 2
11 hours ago, fitzcarraldo said:

Do the writers realize this makes Spencer and Melissa the same age? If she is the kid.

I don't think so.  When the PLLs found Mary's file in Jessica's bunker, they said that her second kid would be around their age.

Unless Melissa is the kid and they've been gaslighting her all this time, making her think she's older than she is so people wouldn't question why their kids who aren't twins were so close in age. lol Wouldn't put it past them. But it's obviously Aria, since she slept with Jason. Probably their way of trying to stop Aria/Jason shippers from torpedoing the good ship Ezzzzzria.

• Love 1

Does any else think the future reveal is going to be Ezra leaving Aria, because of something Nicohole related?  Either she is back or Ezra has decided to sulk for the rest of his life.  Because let's be honest, the writers' current rule for deciding the plot twists is put everything on a board and pick the most annoying choose possible.

• Love 2
54 minutes ago, superman1204 said:

Does any else think the future reveal is going to be Ezra leaving Aria, because of something Nicohole related?  Either she is back or Ezra has decided to sulk for the rest of his life.  Because let's be honest, the writers' current rule for deciding the plot twists is put everything on a board and pick the most annoying choose possible.

If Nicole wasn't one of the freed hostages, how did she call from her phone ?  Or did some else call from her phone ?

I still don't see how Ezra ever forgives Aria for doing that -- if Aria had answered that phone call, she may have gotten important info to find out where Nicole is.  Or if she just hit redial during the window of opportunity when she knew someone was actively using the phone (disregarding the fact that Nicole's cell phone plan would have been canceled months ago, but whatever).  Instead, Aria chose her twu wuv with a pedophile stalker over possibly helping to rescue someone's life (regardless of whether she was a competitive love interest), but tried to cover up the existence of the call and tried to spin it as "protecting Ezra".  That is just cold, and really shows what a horrible person Aria is.  Even worse, she tried to get Emily to do her 'splaining to Ezra, like Ezra just didn't see the "big picture" and it was Aria's way of showing how much she wuvved him.

Edited by ottoDbusdriver
  • Love 4

First of all, in the actual show..Emily told Aria to delete the phone number (it was clearly what she wanted to hear) because of the prank call Emily had gotten with her father. Aria never asked Emily to talk to Ezra. And Aria never suggested there was another reason (even though, we can guess it was)..it was just Emily making it worse. No one has actually gotten Aria's reasoning yet. (And her crying at the end wasn't necessarily happy tears either..)

Second, Ezra forgives Aria because Ezra sought out, statutorily raped, and stalked Aria..all while knowing she was in danger and doing nothing about it. And she forgave him. This isn't even close to the same level. 

• Love 4
On August 24, 2016 at 4:56 AM, ElectricBoogaloo said:

It's four if you count Wrollins but since his body wasn't in the grave, I'm not sure if we're supposed to think that he was playing opossum while they buried him alive (ha, or maybe he was doing his best Alison impersonation - too bad he wasn't wearing a yellow shirt).

Huh? I remember them finding his body in the grave when those idiots went back to dig it up.

Just don't make Ali pregnant with Emily's eggs, that's all I ask. I actually am an Emison fan, as it happens, but I don't want that for them. Anything but that. It'd be a horrific thing to do to Ali and the idea of Emison getting together over that massive violation of Ali's body is gross.

• Love 4
On 8/24/2016 at 10:11 PM, Spencer Hastings said:

I'm going to be kind of sad if it's Toby but also eternally grateful that they rescued him from the clutches of these morons.  My poor, sweet, hideous stoop kid prince.

The Internet seems to think he's the most likely victim, but it doesn't make sense to kill him off with half a season to go. And the theory seems to be based on two things: the fact that so far there have apparently been no reports of Keegan on set filming 7B and some "goodbye-themed" statements from Keegan and Troian that, honestly, bear the hallmarks of intentional misdirection (along with his absence from the set).

The only creative purpose Toby's death would serve is if the writers think Spencer hasn't been pushed far enough and needs to suffer a complete psychotic break. But, Spencer being on the edge is pretty well-covered territory by this point.

Now if they had written him out after the time jump, that would have served a creative end. It would have reinforced the message that they feinted at, that people and life change as you get older. But, that's not the story they're telling, and, even if it was, why have Toby loiter around Rosewood for another season? He's still helpful with respect to the mystery, but none of his storylines are critical to the plot. It did seem pretty obvious that he's still around because he's Spencer's intended, or he's A (which, come on, in spite of the fact that he used to have as much motive as anyone and the unfortunate Season 3 storyline notwithstanding-- Toby Cavanaugh as an arch criminal super-villain? With his GED education?) 

The other reason to kill him off would be if Keegan was in a contract dispute, but that's not the case because, as said, the show is almost over.  Also he's not even a regular.

Anyway, if there's any karmic justice, if a male love interest dies, it should be Ezra (obviously) or Caleb, whose fall from grace has been swift (thankfully, because he was nauseatingly overpimped). Toby does have that shady interval where he was A-Team, but, big picture-- he came from a broken home, his mom was murdered, his step sister abused him and he was unjustly sent to juvie and falsely arrrested for Alison's death. His life has kind of sucked in a lot of ways.

On 8/24/2016 at 7:04 PM, ElectricBoogaloo said:

I really hope the Toby/Spencer kiss is another dream sequence. Didn't he just pack up and leave with his fiancée Yvonne to keep her away from AD? Why would he immediately come back to Rosewood? Oh, right. Because he looooooves Spencer and wants to help/save her. 

I don't think it was a flashback, but it didn't look like a happy kiss either. It seemed like a goodbye kiss, as in I'm leaving forever, so let's indulge the feelings one last time. That is until Yvonne dies/ witnesses the last kiss/ is revealed to be evil.

Edited by Entropy
  • Love 3
14 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Canadian promo:

And since there haven't been any sneak peeks posted yet, here's a video if Troian and Keegan driving around the set to tide you over:

The Canadian promos seem like they're always better, on every show. Although if you don't like to be substantively spoiled by promos, you probably wouldn't agree. The US promos tease stuff that's shippy and sensational (Jenna with a gun), but this one confirms a connection between Noel and Charlotte (although not that they're family). Up until this point, many people suspected that any evidence pointing to a link between them was a red herring.

That Keegan and Troian video makes me even more doubtful that Toby dies. Obviously, episodes aren't filmed in a day, so it's not like it would necessarily have been Keegan's last day of work. But, the tenor of it (and the fact that they even made it) doesn't seem to square with the notion of it being his final episode.

After seeing the Canadian promo, I'm now guessing that Noel dies, perhaps right as he's about to share important information-- like, according to a theory I read the other day that Charlotte is still alive and is A.D. As stupid as the Cece reveal was, I think it could be redeemed if they doubled-back on it and had her playing a very long gAme-- although it still wouldn't make much sense.

22 hours ago, Entropy said:

I don't think it was a flashback, but it didn't look like a happy kiss either. It seemed like a goodbye kiss, as in I'm leaving forever, so let's indulge the feelings one last time. That is until Yvonne dies/ witnesses the last kiss/ is revealed to be evil.

Please, please let Yvonne die. That girl really grates me. 

2 hours ago, Peanut6711 said:

Please, please let Yvonne die. That girl really grates me. 

It's absurd that Toby and her are even still together. He was at Veronica Hastings' election victory celebration for god's sake. That should have killed the relationship right there.

Yes, he was only there because he was helping with the Radley basement break-in, but this was the *most covered state legislative election in history.* (PLL portrays absolutely no societal institutions realistically, but can't they at least consult with someone who has been involved with state elections? State legislative candidates sometimes don't even have their own election watch parties. Often, all the local Democratic candidates (including municipal council and school board candidates) will be in one venue when the results come in, with the Republicans in another. And don't even get me started on Spencer's idea to join her mom's "transition team." In most states, being a state legislator isn't even a full-time job and members don't have their own staff (let alone transition teams) but share the same staff with other members of their party in the legislature).

But, what would have taken place at Veronica's election night headquarters at the Radley is that a lot of pictures and videos would have been shot, which in turn would have been posted to social media. It wouldn't take long for someone to recognize that the guy standing next to Veronica's daughter and clapping was the same police officer who earlier in the campaign made a statement on behalf of the daughter of Veronica's opponent (LOL that that would have ever happened or that it would have gotten any coverage though). Soon it would have been picked up by media outlets. There's no way Yvonne would have not seen the photos. And there's no way she would have stayed with a guy who missed her mom's watch party but was celebrating at the party of her mom's victorious opponent with that opponent's daughter, who also happens to be his ex-girlfriend.   

Edited by Entropy
  • Love 2

I seem to recall Paige being a pretty popular character and there being a lot of fans of her and Emily's relationship. I wonder if they're happy that she was brought back for this. Because good god, this is the Paige that tried to drown Emily, and that's basically who she's been since she returned. Since when did she and Emily get close again? They had drinks one night, and Emily confided in her about A.D. Plus, she knows Emily is seeing Sabrina.

....Another thing I noticed about the Canadian promo is that the line "What did you do?" that most people thought was Spencer's (and was looped in with the sound of a gunshot in the US promo) was actually Hanna's. What if Caleb dies? That would be out of left field.

I don't think Caleb dies, but I do wonder why he never gets more suspicion that he's A. I mean A.D./ A is obviously a computer genius. Actually, the most plausible culprit, based on everything that A does, is a tandem of Caleb and Toby. Maybe PLL will go for the most misandrist ending ever and have all the boyfriends in on it. Ezra is in charge of writing all the "witty" texts (he seems like the emoji type). But, the other two also make him do all the grunt work and give him wedgies.

Edited by Entropy
  • Love 2

That Alison-Paige-Emily love triangle is like bad fanfiction. You know, the type where everybody ends up looking terrible, even the ones that the author tries to prop up by character assassinating all characters they don't like. Only without the badly written sex scenes, that is.

Not that I mind that Paige doesn't trust Alison at all, don't get me wrong. But it's all too fast, too soon, too contrived.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Entropy said:

I don't think Caleb dies, but I do wonder why he never gets more suspicion that he's A. I mean A.D./ A is obviously a computer genius. Actually, the most plausible culprit, based on everything that A does, is a tandem of Caleb and Toby. Maybe PLL will go for the most misandrist ending ever and have all the boyfriends in on it. Ezra is in charge of writing all the "witty" texts (he seems like the emoji type). But, the other two also make him do all the grunt work and give him wedgies.

Well, Caleb used to get no suspicion because he used to essentially be the fifth liar. The one not shitty man in the vicinity. The werewolf we can trust. Now, although still not at the level of "let me  stalk and rape you for the sake of my crappy book, and not say anything while you are in danger" or "let me be your stalker 'for your protection' and then later blame everything in the world on you," he's still been an epic dick, who I don't quite trust anymore.  

I think what really bothers me though, is the personality change. Like, Caleb used to respect the girls. Sure, he'd argue and have his sassy comebacks, but he saw himself as a partner, and would get upset when he wasn't treated as a partner. This half of a season he has been just as patronizing as Toby and Ezra are. 

I'm here for that wedgie bit. The only thing is, you can tell Toby and Caleb hate Ezra (probably my favorite actor choice on the show. Tyler's decision to just have a look of disdain every time he has to be around Ezra), and I think it's possible that he (Caleb) got shot, but I doubt he dies. 

• Love 4

Paige calling Emily her girlfriend in that sneak peek makes her look like a crazed obsessed stalker. 

Also it looks like Emily starts to say "she's pregnant" but stops on the "p" and says "in trouble" so the gross possibility that Alison is preganant is looking more likely. 

1 hour ago, mercfan3 said:

I'm here for that wedgie bit. The only thing is, you can tell Toby and Caleb hate Ezra (probably my favorite actor choice on the show. Tyler's decision to just have a look of disdain every time he has to be around Ezra), and I think it's possible that he (Caleb) got shot, but I doubt he dies. 

I was a TV reviewer for another website that shut down after the premiere (yo, previously.tv, holla at me; I got references), and in my recap of that episode, I point out that, on a show where the males are betas, Ezra is the BETA of the betas. There was this unintentionally awesome succession of sequences where it went from Toby breaking into the Lost Woods to Ezra using the key Emily gave him to unlock Alison's front door (whereupon inside he performed such useful tasks as pointing out linen closets and locked compartments).

What makes this even more fantastic is that every other member of the core group was once his student.

Edited by Entropy
  • Love 1

All this episode proved is that these girls are so fucking stupid!!!  Did they ever view the rest of those files? Did they make copies of that zip drive? Or did they hand over the only copy and just assume Jenna and Noel didn’t make copies of Hannah’s camera. Speaking of which…

Tonight’s burning questions:

Why in the world would Hannah make a tape of torturing Noel? That type of forced confession doesn’t hold up in court anyways. #TooStupid2Live

Why can’t  five girls with normal sight take out one blind girl with a gun?

Are Mona and Caleb, the two most tech savvy of the group, still sitting in the Radley bar sipping drinks totally oblivious to the mayhem all over  town?

Does Rosewood not have closing settlements for their real estate?  Pretty sure Toby would know who bought his house.

Did I fall asleep and miss how they got into an accident?

In relationship news:

What Caleb really meant to say was, “I’m meant to spend my life you, Hannah the Slob, oh except for when I want to sex up Spencer because don’t forget it was only about a week ago that I was bawling at her door, revealing that I changed my life plans for her. Uh, after those scars heal do you think we can do a threesome some time?” #WhatATool

Meanwhile, Emily has her own threesome to deal with….will it be Paige, Serena, or Allie that she gets her HEA with?  Or should I say gets stuck with her for eternity? 

Nicole is alive and Aria got to watch it in living Technicolor! #BestMomentOfTheEpisode

Edited by Peanut6711
  • Love 7

Noel Khan was decapitated! Expect him to appear frequently in 7B.

So Jenna is definitely NOT over that whole blinding her thing....

And she is definitely on the A.D. team now.

A.D. is a Spoby shipper. Or he just really doesn't like Republicans. Or POCs.  Or Republican POCs. Or Toby. Maybe it wasn't A.D. at all, but just some guy whose pool deck Toby never finished back when he was Rosewood's teen contractor.

So Noel got free from his chair. Whither Mona?

Nicole is my new favorite character.

Marco is just an older version of the older creeps who used to hit on the girls in high school. Perhaps he's the founding member of the N.A.T. club.

So Emily's romantic choices are between manipulative and deceitful, psychotic and obsessive or stoned and blissfully ignorant. Those home-made baked goods are tasty, Em. Ask Spencer.

This show shouldn't end at the end of the season. Instead everyone involved should be condemned to a special circle of hell where they must forever continue their sisyphean quest to unmask Uber-A while acting out circular romantic melodramas.

Edited by Entropy
  • Love 8

Well everyone called the Spencer is Mary's kid thing. And Ali being pregnant.

Jenna was pretty mobile around that house for a blind girl.

When would Emily have left her phone upstairs? When she picked up the doll? Lame.

Paige is still stalker-y.

I yelled "fuck" at Noel's decapitation. Still trying to figure out how he would've fallen on the ax to get a clean cut like that.

Hello Sydney's lips. Goodbye Sydney's lips.

• Love 4

As an Emily/Paige shipper I am glad Paige is back.  I actually think they are the only decent ship on the show.  The rest are either boring or stupid.   Paige isn'y perfect but anyone who expects a character on this show not to have flaws is asking for too much.  I mean both Toby and Ezra were at their most interesting when they were candidates for A.   Personally I think Paige is the only decent love interest Emily has had.  

Oh and did Emily kill a guy again?   Heh. 

Of course Spencer is Mary's mystery kid.  Actually I kinda like the idea because she is at her most entertaining when she is a few crayons short of a box.  Ahhhh families.  

• Love 1

This is the last midseason finale of the series, and it's pretty....dull and uneventful for me. Too much relationship drama and the action only happened for, like, eight minutes.

The best part was the Hanna/Mona scene when she called her to help out. Caleb who? 

Speaking of Caleb, I guess he's forever ruined with the end of the series coming up in 10 episodes. There's not much they can do to redeem him at this point. Maybe I'll try to block Flash Forward Caleb out of my brain. 

So, Ali's pregnant. I still bet they're Emily's eggs. In other news, the Paige/Emily/Alison love triangle? Meh. Are we really supposed to root for Emison here? Because I never did. The show apparently hasn't much either...until now, I guess. We get a scene of them per season. I'm more of a fan of Paige/Emily. I know the drowning thing was bad, but that was way back in season 1 and Paige has made up for it, I think. Plus, she is so right about Ali. Six years later, and Emily is still infatuated with a woman who will probably never seriously commit to her. 

HAHAHAHA! Nicole's alive! And she kisses Ezra on live TV for Aria to see! Beautiful! I hope she wrecks shit up in 7B. 

Spoby. There's a reason why Keegan Allen is still a guest star, right? They can just let him go. But damn, Spencer, you don't kiss an engaged man as a goodbye! Seriously! And Toby, you don't kiss your ex either! But him and Yvonne got run off the road. I'm guessing he isn't dead. 

Also, Spencer is the secret kid? I kind of wanted it to be Aria, for the hilarity. Plus, the Hastings have a lot of drama with secret kids and stuff. It would have been nice to have non-relationship drama.

Hanna's an idiot for trying to record a confession. She's also dumb that she's getting mad at Noel at being able to prove it. Yes, because you kind of taped yourself torturing him while he's tied to a chair. Also, the girls are idiots for not copying the thumb drive or trying to view it before turning it over to Jenna. And I say that with complete confidence, because these girls hardly do anything smart. 

Emily decapitated Noel? Is that even possible, to fall in that angle to get his head cut off? Also, did Emily and Hanna toss it down the stairs or something? That part confused me. 

So, I guess Mary is working with A.D. I did notice in the last few second with A.D and Jenna, before the hood went over his or her head, I thought I saw a touch of dark brown hair. I'm going to go with Wren, because why not? 

• Love 2

I thought Mona was suppose to keep an eye on Noel? Next time we see her after her convo with Hannah in the seedy hotel room where Hanna has Noel tied up is at the Radley playing spy games with Caleb. And I thought she took the flash drive. So how were the girls able to give it back? Had Mona handed it back to Hanna? Mona leaving Noel makes her look very suspicious. And why was she adding a lump of sugar to Caleb's beverage? I thought they hated each other.

When they showed the ad for 7b claiming it to be the final eps I was relieved and then sad. Sad??!!! What is wrong with me? I haven't enjoyed this show in ages.

Although I did enjoy Noel's head on the floor. And the bowling ball rolling down the stairs.

One thing this show has always done rather well is stage creepy sets - that blind institute the girls were all wandering around in was well done.

• Love 6
19 hours ago, Jack Shaftoe said:

That Alison-Paige-Emily love triangle is like bad fanfiction. You know, the type where everybody ends up looking terrible, even the ones that the author tries to prop up by character assassinating all characters they don't like. Only without the badly written sex scenes, that is.

Not that I mind that Paige doesn't trust Alison at all, don't get me wrong. But it's all too fast, too soon, too contrived.

This was honestly my thought exactly.  Like the first scene in Spencer kitchen I was thinking "Oh this could be a half way decent plot thread they are setting up for the next half scene" and then it was all downhill from there.  They crammed the entire arc into like half of the episode.  Way to burn through material.

Also I figured Emily/Alison was going to be off the table once Alison revealed she was pregnant with her dead husband's child.  I guess not.  Then again when has this show ever done anything in good taste.

Edited by superman1204
  • Love 2

"I forgot my phone upstairs."  SERIOUSLY?!  How long have we been doing this, ladies???  How long???  Leave it!  Caleb can rig you up a new one in an hour.

Spencer is legitimately the only one batshit enough to be Mary's kid.  It's really the only logical choice.  Although she probably should have waited before telling Spencer she was her mother.  A bullet to the chest and being the spawn of Mary Drake is a terrible combination. 

I cackled when Nicole kissed Ezra.  The most gratifying moment of the show, ever.  

Edited by Spencer Hastings
  • Love 4
21 minutes ago, Chaos Theory said:

As an Emily/Paige shipper I am glad Paige is back.  I actually think they are the only decent ship on the show.  The rest are either boring or stupid.   Paige isn'y perfect but anyone who expects a character on this show not to have flaws is asking for too much.  I mean both Toby and Ezra were at their most interesting when they were candidates for A.   Personally I think Paige is the only decent love interest Emily has had.

As much as I like Paige's character, they should have left her in California if they only brought her back just to cruelly take away her swimming dreams and then have her be some foil for Emily/Alison's relationship and Alison's "jealousy."  The character and fans deserve better.  Then again, every character on this show deserves better.

Emily/Alison could have gotten together without bringing Paige back and without having Alison be pregnant (and probably with Emily's eggs???!!).   This is not an edgy "twist" or the beautiful beginning of Emison's new romantic storyline.  Having Alison pregnant with either 1) her psycho, murderous dead husband's baby, 2) Emily's fertilized eggs or 3) both, is disgusting.  It's sickening to see fans so desperate for Emison that they're actually rooting for this....

I'm really not liking the character regression they seem to be doing with Paige.  She's coming off as overbearing and possessive, and this is coming from a Paige fan.  Not that anyone can really blame her for not trusting Alison.  From her perspective, it's exactly like what happened in high school.  And as relentlessly as she was bullied by Alison, it's unlikely that she'd ever believe Alison is now a decent person.  

In fact, I have trouble believing it myself. The complete 180 the writers did with Alison seemingly out of nowhere is ridiculous.   I hope that white-washed "victim" Alison is a ruse and she's actually A.D. or at least part of the A-team.   We didn’t get to see Alison grow as a character, what we got was the most watered down version of her character they could possibly come up with.  She used to be such an interesting and complex character and now she’s just… there.  That’s not “character development” to me, it’s just bad writing.

Keegan Allen posted a RIP Toby message on instagram so I guess Toby's actually dead?  We'll see show, we'll see.

Highlight of the episode:  Aria having to watch Nicole and Ezra kiss on live tv.

• Love 7
13 minutes ago, Kate213 said:

Keegan Allen posted a RIP Toby message on instagram so I guess Toby's actually dead?  We'll see show, we'll see.

Yeah, I highly doubt that Toby's dead. Either Keegan's messing around, Toby's going under witness protection under a different name, Toby will have amnesia, or Keegan was told to post that as a red herring. Not that it makes any sense. I don't think they'd just kill Toby off so casually WITHOUT Spencer there. Unless she's getting a heartbreaking goodbye scene during the 7B premiere, Toby will be seen again. 

This show loves its original pairings too much, as shown through this episode, so I think we're stuck with Toby for the next 10 episodes. 

• Love 1

My favorite part of the episode was Mona putting a sugar cube in Caleb's coffee while he poured cream in hers. Those crazy kids have worked together enough times now that they've got a routine down!

• Love 12

On the one hand I am seriously pissed that they decapitated Noel Khan.  To quote Soapdish, you can't come back from that... On the other hand, this show is at least as stupid as The Sun Also Sets. Setting aside that fact, I cracked up at Noel Kahn's head rolling around on the ground. I'm not a good person.

Also worth a chuckle? Aria watching Nicole and Ezra's televised reunion. Before the heads-a-rollin, it was seriously in the running for funniest scene.  

Best line goes to Alison, though. Hanna: Noel can make it look like I kidnapped him.  Alison: You DID kidnap him!

Not to disparage the blind, but how hard is it to evade a blind girl with a gun? Jenna maintained the gun at chest height.  At least crouch down, ladies.  However, apparently Annie Sullivan Oakley can "smell fear" and teaches classes in it; so, maybe I'm wrong on that one. She might well be Rosewoods version of Matt Murdoch. 

Am I to believe that Mona Fucking Vanderwaal had the thumb drive and returned it to the Liars without making a copy? I swear, if 7B doesn't start with Mona rolling her eyes as the Liars lament the loss of the drive and then slapping down her super computer to show that she's not only copied it, but stored it in an unhackable virtual server and sent a copy to the FBI, I will RIOT.

OMG, Paige.  Just get yourself away from this mess.  Emily is no longer worth it.  She's dating Sabrina, kissing Alison, and leaving her phone places while being stalked and murdered.  Oh, and being a fucking Ezria cheerleader in her free time. 

Haleb just nauseated me.  As noted above, it was less than two weeks ago that Caleb was crying outside Spencer's door.  I have no interest in that.  Speaking of Spencer, WTF was with wanting to kiss Toby good bye?  A) They had a good bye scene a few episodes ago and B) ENGAGED TO ANOTHER WOMAN.

Spencer being Mary's kid?  Fine. If you must.  I don't even care anymore. 

Edited by RachelKM
  • Love 12