Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: Lorelai and Rory and the People They Love

• Start Topic

If memory serves, Chris and Sherry weren't engaged but were living together. The engaged thing is something that was concocted for Rory's defense. In the season 2 finale Chris leads Leorelai to believe that Sherry is also aware of their breakup but the conversation never veers into typical end-of-engagement talk (canceling caterers or the venue, breaking the news to family and friends). In the season 3 premiere, when Lorelei and Chris are fighting she asks " Is Sherry still pregnant? Are you still with her? Are you going to marry her?" and Chris pauses after the third question as if knowing the news will further hurt her before answering. I've never interpreted that as anything but new information. The engagement retcon is so Rory can try to equivocate her actions and Lorelei's though both miss the point: if one person in a relationship decides it's over but doesn't reveal this information to the other, then having sex with a new person is cheating. Chris cheated on Sherry with Lorelei and Dean cheated on Lindsay with Rory. It doesn't matter what level their relationships were in because the two women believed said relationships were intact. And Lorelei cheating with Chris (even though she believed what he said at the time) doesn't negate or lessen Rory cheating with Dean. It's still very wrong and Rory deserved to be called out for it

• Love 9
Just now, scarynikki12 said:

If memory serves, Chris and Sherry weren't engaged but were living together.

Well, I would call living together fairly committed and having a need for a formal break up before sex with someone else, also.  I would actually say this for any level of relationship, but it just gets more sticky in that both people could have a different question about whether they are in a relationship. The whole "we're on a break" thing from Friends would, IMO, take on a different connotation if they were married, engaged, or living together and hadn't at least filed for divorce, given the ring back, or moved out.

2 minutes ago, scarynikki12 said:

And Lorelei cheating with Chris (even though she believed what he said at the time) doesn't negate or lessen Rory cheating with Dean. It's still very wrong and Rory deserved to be called out for it

Absolutely.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Katy M said:

Were their hormones that out of control that they couldn't wait a few days.

"Lor" (gosh, how I hated that nickname) and Chris had sex at all kinds of inappropriate times - like on the balcony of her parent's house just after the fight with his parents.  Why weren't they consoling their daughter after that horribly embarrassing moment for her?  Nope, hopping into bed (or the floor of the balcony) was par for the course for these two supposedly mature adults.  Apparently a quickie fixed everything.

• Love 9
1 minute ago, Kohola3 said:

"Lor" (gosh, how I hated that nickname) and Chris had sex at all kinds of inappropriate times - like on the balcony of her parent's house just after the fight with his parents.  Why weren't they consoling their daughter after that horribly embarrassing moment for her?  Nope, hopping into bed (or the floor of the balcony) was par for the course for these two supposedly mature adults.  Apparently a quickie fixed everything.

Except for Luke's walls.

• Love 2
19 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

like on the balcony of her parent's house just after the fight with his parents.

They had sex then?  I thought they were just talking and kissing.

51 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

I rewatch this show....like....constantly. Every weekend I watch about 6-8 episodes. LOL, anyhow, finished season 1 yesterday. Does anyone else hate Max's proposal? Not just because it's Max....but there was just something about it that really rubbed me wrong. Would he REALLY have proposed any time soon if they hadn't had that fight? And why does he think getting married would solve their issues? And I just hated the OTT-ness of it. Yes, I know she SAID 1000 yellow daisies. But did he have to be so literal? The inn was a nightmare. What if people had allergies? Who carried all those flowers away? And where did they go? Probably all withered and died. It just seemed too showy and wasteful, and I'd have been annoyed. 

Not to mention there were way more than 1000 daisies! It looked more like 10,000!

10 minutes ago, Katy M said:

They had sex then?  I thought they were just talking and kissing.

Oh, no.  They were in a definite state of re-dressing before Lorelai climbed back in the window.  And I think Chris may have even mentioned something about "what did having sex last night mean to you?" when he and Lorelai were arguing the next morning.

7 minutes ago, deaja said:

Not to mention there were way more than 1000 daisies! It looked more like 10,000!

I've long since fanwanked it was 1,000 pots of daisies, rather than 1,000 individual flowers.  Because, yeah.  They were everywhere.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Taryn74 said:

Oh, no.  They were in a definite state of re-dressing before Lorelai climbed back in the window.  And I think Chris may have even mentioned something about "what did having sex last night mean to you?" when he and Lorelai were arguing the next morning.

Well, then that's just horrible.  I do love the scene with Emily, and in some ways I think it was more important for Rory to hear that she wasn't regretted by one of the parties that disapproved of the act that begat her, but Lorelei should have been there for her also.  No matter how you feel about Rory, nobody deserves that kind of treatment from their grandparents.  Her parents' sexual act was 100% no way her fault.  And, forgetting about Rory, I'm not sure how having sex is the appropriate response for being yelled at about having sex 17 years ago.

1 hour ago, ghoulina said:

Does anyone else hate Max's proposal? Not just because it's Max....but there was just something about it that really rubbed me wrong.

I basically liked Max as a teacher and probably as a person in general.  But, I think he had no idea how to conduct a relationship.  When he first asked her out Lorelei said no because of inappropriateness regarding him being Rory's teacher.  And apparently the school had rules, or at least frowniness, upon such things. So, that should have been the end of that.  but, he kept bugging her until she said yes.  Then he proposes to her.   And, IIRC he seemed pretty reluctant to take no for an answer.  The first time around, I thought Lorelei was wrong for just taking off. (I've often assumed there was at least a phone call).  I figured she should have talked to him in person.  But, Max probably would have steamrolled her again. 

• Love 1
53 minutes ago, Taryn74 said:

I've long since fanwanked it was 1,000 pots of daisies, rather than 1,000 individual flowers.  Because, yeah.  They were everywhere.

Ok, but that's just ridiculous. And wasteful. ;) 

4 hours ago, WhosThatGirl said:

Freeform rerun the episode where Rory sleeps with Dean and Lorelei catches them today and god.. I hate Rory in this episode. Especially her speech to Lorelei about how Lorelei has no room to talk about the situation because she slept with Christopher when he was engaged to Sherri who was pregnant. I actually have a few things to add on that, Christopher had said something to Lorelei about how he and Sherri were done and yes I know words are just words but there is a difference between marriage and engaged and also we didn't know she was pregnant until the end of that episode. Chris didn't even know until then.

Also.. my favorite moment was when she shouted "I'm not a kid, I'm nineteen!"but the more she kept talking about how Dean was her Dean first and Lindsay is bad for him and lets him drop out of school and work all the time, the more she sounded like a little girl. I guess that was the point? 

But yeah.. watching this scene and knowing that years and years later Rory finds herself in the exact same situation with Logan. Ugh. 

I hate Rory in that episode but I love Lorelai's smackdown. Especially the way Rory clearly though her mom was going to be all happy for her and isn't. Lorelai says all of the things I wanted to her to say in that moment start with how she simply asks is he still married? I do hate Rory bringing up Lorelai sleeping with Christopher for because they weren't engaged and no one knew Sherri was pregnant yes they were living together and appeared to be in a committed relationship, but unlike Lorelai Rory knew Dean was still married Lorelai only had Christopher's take on how the relationship and at the time he was spending a lot of time with them and not Sherri its reasonable to assume the relationship wasn't going well. But Lorelai just rolls with "so this is my fault? I set one bad example and you had no choice but to follow?" I love how Lorelai continued to pepper Rory with questions. Even if I really hate Rory getting mad at Lorelai for ruining it, ah Rory you ruined it by jumping into bed with a married man and her attitude in the next episode towards her mother. I do love Lorelai's remark after Emily goes to make plane reservations for Rory and Rory's blaming Lorelai for now having to go to Europe with Emily, "No, Rory, your nineteen now remember? Your all grown up now you can make your own affairs..." Then changes it and continues but it was awesome. 

• Love 7
4 minutes ago, andromeda331 said:

Even if I really hate Rory getting mad at Lorelai for ruining it, ah Rory you ruined it by jumping into bed with a married man and her attitude in the next episode towards her mother.

Plus Rory ruining what were two rather momentous occasions in her mother's life - opening the Inn and hooking up with Luke.  Luke and Lorelai had just shared a first kiss (I know you non-L&L shippers, cover your eyes) and she should have had a few minutes to savor and share that. Instead she walked into a shitstorm and Rory made it 100 time worse with her snotty attitude.

With that said, Rory's defensiveness was typical of a teenager who knows that she's wrong but not mature enough to admit it.  Shift the blame, go on the offensive and hope your crap gets overlooked.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, ghoulina said:

I rewatch this show....like....constantly. Every weekend I watch about 6-8 episodes. LOL, anyhow, finished season 1 yesterday. Does anyone else hate Max's proposal? Not just because it's Max....but there was just something about it that really rubbed me wrong. Would he REALLY have proposed any time soon if they hadn't had that fight? And why does he think getting married would solve their issues? And I just hated the OTT-ness of it. Yes, I know she SAID 1000 yellow daisies. But did he have to be so literal? The inn was a nightmare. What if people had allergies? Who carried all those flowers away? And where did they go? Probably all withered and died. It just seemed too showy and wasteful, and I'd have been annoyed. 

I like the daisies but agree about the proposal. I can't figure out why he proposed either. Because of the fight? Would he not of proposed then? What about the fight suggests marriage is a good idea? Max mentions it in their fight, but why? They had only just gotten back together. The first time around hadn't gone well either. How exactly was marriage going to fix things?  

1 minute ago, Kohola3 said:

Luke and Lorelai had just shared a first kiss (I know you non-L&L shippers, cover your eyes) and she should have had a few minutes to savor and share that. Instead she walked into a shitstorm and Rory made it 100 time worse with her snotty attitude.

well, to be fair, Rory didn't know Luke and Lorelei were going to start going out and have their first kiss that night.  And, she didn't intend for Lorelei to come home and basically catch them in the act, thereby ruining her night.  Dean and Rory were wrong for what they did to Dean and Lindsay and their marriage.  I'm not going to blame them for peripheral collateral damage that they didn't intend/know about.

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

Plus Rory ruining what were two rather momentous occasions in her mother's life - opening the Inn and hooking up with Luke.  Luke and Lorelai had just shared a first kiss (I know you non-L&L shippers, cover your eyes) and she should have had a few minutes to savor and share that. Instead she walked into a shitstorm and Rory made it 100 time worse with her snotty attitude.

With that said, Rory's defensiveness was typical of a teenager who knows that she's wrong but not mature enough to admit it.  Shift the blame, go on the offensive and hope your crap gets overlooked.

I agree its typical for a teenager to react like that even one as mature as Rory's suppose to be and it kind of ends up being typical for Rory. She was expecting her mom to be all thrilled for her and couldn't believe she wasn't. Then next morning all cool and distant to mommy for not being so happy for her.

51 minutes ago, andromeda331 said:

I like the daisies but agree about the proposal. I can't figure out why he proposed either. Because of the fight? Would he not of proposed then? What about the fight suggests marriage is a good idea? Max mentions it in their fight, but why? They had only just gotten back together. The first time around hadn't gone well either. How exactly was marriage going to fix things?  

I think his logic was that a lot of their problems were from trying to keep things separate- him dating a student's mom, distance between them, etc. wouldn't be issues if they were married. It wasn't that logical.

I think the show rushed so much with them- it was clear he wasn't going to be her "one true love" so having her get engaged so early in the series seemed like a contrivance to me.

(edited)
On 6/19/2017 at 1:10 PM, ghoulina said:

This true. While I still don't like how Anna reacted (to....basically anything), Luke could have given her a vibe that his relationship wasn't a big deal by the way he kept the two things so separate. 

On 6/19/2017 at 1:50 PM, shron17 said:

I agree Luke should have done that on his own.  But that doesn't justify Lorelai going to Anna instead of Luke.  As a single parent I would have expected her to understand that.

I thought about this a little while ago, as I watched the episode with the knit-a-thon. Lorelai screwed up there, although I hated Chris for talking her into getting married so soon. She was more concerned about the town's response to him, than she was about his feelings. Unless she was looking out for him, too - since she wanted them to love him. "You're not what they expected" - well, that's none of their business. They didn't marry him. 

Thought I'd add that, since I was all over Luke about not supporting her. ;) 

Edited by Anela
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

Now there's three momentous occasions Rory put a damper on...telling her mom she was pregnant on her wedding day.

• Love 2
(edited)
6 hours ago, Katy M said:

Well, then that's just horrible.  I do love the scene with Emily, and in some ways I think it was more important for Rory to hear that she wasn't regretted by one of the parties that disapproved of the act that begat her, but Lorelei should have been there for her also.  No matter how you feel about Rory, nobody deserves that kind of treatment from their grandparents.  Her parents' sexual act was 100% no way her fault.  And, forgetting about Rory, I'm not sure how having sex is the appropriate response for being yelled at about having sex 17 years ago.

I absolutely love that Rory-Emily scene, it's one of my top scenes for both those characters. I think it revealed so many layers about both of them that we don't normally see. Rory, we're so used to seeing being adored and viewed as the golden child by her mother, grandparents and the town, that it was a totally different side to see her feeling unloved and unwanted and questioning herself because her other grandparents were so brutal and disparaging. The only other time we see that vulnerability in Rory is in regards to Chris, and how he's neglected her over the years.

@andromeda331 had a great post about storylines and aspects of characters that could have been expanded on, and I think that's an angle on Rory I'd liked to have seen more of. How much did Chris ignoring her impact her? Despite Lorelai's efforts did she feel unwanted or that she did something wrong that kept him away - is that why she tries to be so sweet all the time, avoids conflict and is passive-aggressive?  Not to mention how that impacts her relationship with her boyfriends. And how much did her knowing she was a "mistake" [while Lorelai adored her, Rory knows that had anyone had the choice beforehand, they wouldn't have decided for Lorelai to get pregnant in high school], the pressure from her grandparents to make up for all her mother's screw ups, and being aware of how much her mother sacrificed for her growing up, impact her behaviour and need to be perfect? How much of her go to Harvard/get good grades etc. was influenced by the immense pressure she was under? A lot of that stuff is running below the surface, but it would be nice to explore it more explicitly. I'd have been a hell of a lot more sympathetic towards Rory if her s6 breakdown or even revival screw ups were framed as a culmination of years of pressure from being the "great white hope of the Gilmore clan" and knowing Lorelai put her whole life into Rory's dreams. 

On the Emily side, the scene and Chris's parents gave us such a contrast of how she could have reacted to Rory. While she was horribly ashamed and angry with Lorelai, she never once turned her back on Lorelai or Rory, and always wanted them in her life. Emily can be so overbearing and holds Lorelai's pregnancy over her for so long, but putting her alongside the "that child is dead to me, I will never acknowledge it ever, it ruined our family line forever" Haydens, does illustrate that her attitude of embracing Lorelai and Rory, and wanting to take care of them in every way possible -- even if it's was controlling and over the top -- is 100x more sympathetic than others in her circle. 

(Side note, on "things that could have been expanded on", I've always speculated that - given how much Emily values family and commits her life to Lorelai and Rory - whether she would have liked more children but for some reason just wasn't able to have more. I mean the 2.5-ish kids is the average in America, and as a woman who expected her life to be managing her husband and children, I do wonder why she and Richard only ever had one child. And there is her fairly extreme reaction in flashbacks when Straub suggested an abortion. Obviously she could have just been someone who opposed abortion in general, but it wasn't just a "no way" it was "that's horrifying, how could you even suggest that" response - if she'd wanted more children but couldn't have them, that would explain why she wouldn't even consider getting rid of a future grandchild).

Edited by TimetravellingBW
  • Love 9
18 hours ago, deaja said:

I think his logic was that a lot of their problems were from trying to keep things separate- him dating a student's mom, distance between them, etc. wouldn't be issues if they were married. It wasn't that logical.

Yea, except those issues were symptomatic of a bigger problem, IMO. I think it was obvious from the beginning that Lorelai was never really in love with Max; and I agree with the poster upthread who mentioned him really pushing a lot of the steps in their relationship. I like she was attracted to him and loved the IDEA of him - stable, intelligent, etc. But "it" just wasn't there. And you could tell, even before the infamous Emily-dreaming-about-her-wedding speech, that Lorelai was more into planning the wedding than thinking about the MARRIAGE. Max definitely saw the red flags, but instead of stepping back and re-considering, he would just get huffy, but keep pushing forward. I'm not putting it all on him. Lorelai was responsible for her actions and she never should have said "yes", but I do think he was party to some of the denial going on in that relationship. They both wanted it to be more than it really was.

• Love 4
9 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

Yea, except those issues were symptomatic of a bigger problem, IMO. I think it was obvious from the beginning that Lorelai was never really in love with Max; and I agree with the poster upthread who mentioned him really pushing a lot of the steps in their relationship. I like she was attracted to him and loved the IDEA of him - stable, intelligent, etc. But "it" just wasn't there. And you could tell, even before the infamous Emily-dreaming-about-her-wedding speech, that Lorelai was more into planning the wedding than thinking about the MARRIAGE. Max definitely saw the red flags, but instead of stepping back and re-considering, he would just get huffy, but keep pushing forward. I'm not putting it all on him. Lorelai was responsible for her actions and she never should have said "yes", but I do think he was party to some of the denial going on in that relationship. They both wanted it to be more than it really was.

Here's what I do like about Max, though.  There are a lot of people in his position that would have taken it out on Rory.  At least subtly if not overtly.  And he didn't do that at all.  And, I think later he realized they weren't in love and when he came back after moving to CA, he didn't seem to hold anything against Lorelei either.  The scene where Rory was interviewing him and she turned off the tape recorder and said she wished he could have been her stepfather and he says he wishes that, too, was sweet and sad. 

• Love 11
(edited)
22 hours ago, TimetravellingBW said:

@andromeda331 had a great post about storylines and aspects of characters that could have been expanded on, and I think that's an angle on Rory I'd liked to have seen more of. How much did Chris ignoring her impact her? Despite Lorelai's efforts did she feel unwanted or that she did something wrong that kept him away - is that why she tries to be so sweet all the time, avoids conflict and is passive-aggressive?  Not to mention how that impacts her relationship with her boyfriends. And how much did her knowing she was a "mistake" [while Lorelai adored her, Rory knows that had anyone had the choice beforehand, they wouldn't have decided for Lorelai to get pregnant in high school], the pressure from her grandparents to make up for all her mother's screw ups, and being aware of how much her mother sacrificed for her growing up, impact her behaviour and need to be perfect? How much of her go to Harvard/get good grades etc. was influenced by the immense pressure she was under? A lot of that stuff is running below the surface, but it would be nice to explore it more explicitly. I'd have been a hell of a lot more sympathetic towards Rory if her s6 breakdown or even revival screw ups were framed as a culmination of years of pressure from being the "great white hope of the Gilmore clan" and knowing Lorelai put her whole life into Rory's dreams. 

Those would have been great storylines for Rory. Exploring how she really feels about Christopher for ignoring her? She was so happy to see him when he came to visit in the first season with Lorelai cautiously reminding her he won't stay. It really felt like that happened many times when Christopher came to visit. How did she feel about him not visiting her home until she was sixteen? In the Haunted Leg we got to see Rory angry at Christopher. But we don't see them really fix it. How did Rory felt about seeing Christopher "being there" for Gigi but never for her? Dean scared Rory by telling her...he loved her. She explained that her dad told her mother that at sixteen too. He tells her that "saying I love you" doesn't mean your going to get pregnant.

While some of Rory's being perfect was probably her personality but I think your right a lot of it could have been from being a "mistake". How did that impact her life? How she viewed boyfriends. We saw how scared Rory was when Dean said "I Love you" but never followed up on that. Rory spent her entire life hearing how she was a mistake and knowing that was the source of the problems between her mother and her grandparents. Lorelai getting pregnant and not marrying Christopher. How did Rory feel about her grandparents letting Christopher off the hook because he proposed? Her need to be perfect could come from the circumstances of her birth. Her birth ruined a lot of plans and caused so much trouble that she tried hard to be perfect, and not cause a problem?

the pressure from her grandparents to make up for all her mother's screw ups, and being aware of how much her mother sacrificed for her growing up, impact her behaviour and need to be perfect

I love this line. Rory had so much pressure on her from her grandparents who loved her but also saw her as completing what Lorelai didn't. She had her debutante, she went to Yale and joined the DAR. She knew her mother loved her but she had pressure from Lorelai to finish high school and college. That had to be hard at times. Look at Rory's panic when she and Dean fall asleep nothing happened but she knows immediately how flipped out her mother was going to be over it? Look at when Rory brings Dean to Friday night dinner Richard flips out. Emily almost did but after Lorelai reminded her she told Rory to bring someone to dinner Emily let it go. In the first episode of the show when Rory doesn't want to go to Chilton anymore because of Dean. Lorelai worries Rory's going to throw her life away. Any mistake Rory makes or simply being a teenager often panics her mother or her grandparents (or some times all of them) they're scared their going to see history repeating itself. How hard would that be? Rory brings her boyfriend to dinner excited to show him her grandparents house and introduce them but Richard flips out thinking history is going to repeat itself and interrogates Rory. Yes, Rory got pissed and left. But that had to be hard to do something so simple and having someone flipping out that she was going to get pregnant and drop out of school. We could have seen Rory confiding in Lane about how hard that was. That could be why Rory melted down at the end of season five under the pressure and made more sense then Rory getting one bad review and stealing a boat.

Edited by andromeda331
  • Love 13

Moreover, Lorelai and the grandparents were locked in a fierce ideological conflict over Rory's entire childhood over how to live. Lorelai said it was small town quirkiness with a little rock n roll. The grandparents said it was elegant society living. They were such strong personalities and they were so committed to defending their way of life against family that I feel like Rory continued to ping-pong between those worlds but was scared of embracing a totally different one like being a wartime correspondent or actually living the hipster Brooklyn life. Rory was either trying to break into elegant office buildings and interview human interest stories over Tony brunch or she was in Stars Hallow working its Gazette. 

• Love 9
4 hours ago, Melancholy said:

Moreover, Lorelai and the grandparents were locked in a fierce ideological conflict over Rory's entire childhood over how to live. Lorelai said it was small town quirkiness with a little rock n roll. The grandparents said it was elegant society living. They were such strong personalities and they were so committed to defending their way of life against family that I feel like Rory continued to ping-pong between those worlds but was scared of embracing a totally different one like being a wartime correspondent or actually living the hipster Brooklyn life. Rory was either trying to break into elegant office buildings and interview human interest stories over Tony brunch or she was in Stars Hallow working its Gazette. 

That's a good point. Both want their way of life to be the one Rory lives. Rory goes back and forth because she doesn't want to hurt anyone and also she likes both lifestyles. Which ever one she picks that side kind of "wins". I wonder if your right and Rory was too scared to pick one or embracing a new one. Or has she never really figured out what she wanted? When she's living with her grandparents she embraces their world, when she's living with Lorelai she embraced that, when she dated Logan she took on his world and his friends. She says she wants to be a wartime correspondent but never really goes for it.  She could have really tried for it, or lived in New York City or Brooklyn writing articles around the city crime, society pages, reviews, etc. Or writing for literary magazines or something. There's so many things Rory could do but she never really does or tries. Its interesting that she's the only one who really doesn't try and follow her dreams. Lane followed her dream of joining a band. Yes, she ends up married with two kids but she took a chance to follow her dreams joined a band and went on tour with them. Her life changed but she rolled with it and still made a great life. Paris was torn between law school and medical school but ended up choosing her life long dream of being a doctor. Maybe Lorelai was right in Rory's Dance when she tells Rory that she worries that Rory's too afraid, and wonders if she doesn't join in because she's afraid and not because she doesn't want too. Is Rory too scared or does she have no idea what she really wants?

• Love 12
30 minutes ago, andromeda331 said:

Its interesting that [Rory's] the only one who really doesn't try and follow her dreams.

O.O

Hot dang.  What an excellent observation.

• Love 5

"Last Week Fights, This Week Tights" had one of the greatest payoffs of the series: the goodbye between Luke & Jess.  When they embrace, I always tear up.  They travelled a very long way to get to that hug.

• Love 7

"The Party's Over": Here's an example of one episode that includes almost all of the worst subplots of this series:

1. Snotty rich people (because there's no other kind) showing they know what's best (Richard & Emily throwing the "eligible rich young men" party for Rory)

2. Religious people as sex-fearing psychos (Mrs Kim having a meltdown all over Zach)

3. Dean-as-exploitable, throwaway plot point for far superior Yale girl (the picnic in the stockroom)

4. TJ as the worst character ever on this show, because even April had her moments & was no needy bag of tics (the ruin of Luke's gourmet dinner for Lorelai)

The only thing missing is Christopher, calling Lorelai for help about...anything.  But that was only two episodes ago.

Honestly, I love this show.  But this binge-watching during vacation is probably a mistake.

• Love 6

Maybe this is a stupid question why does Rory think Logan's going to call her after their hook up attempt was interrupted by her mother, her father and her mother's boyfriend?Shouldn't Rory be calling him instead? It was her family that burst in, her father and mom's boyfriend yelling at Logan. If it was me I really wouldn't be expecting a call I'd be the one calling.

• Love 5
(edited)
3 hours ago, andromeda331 said:

Maybe this is a stupid question why does Rory think Logan's going to call her after their hook up attempt was interrupted by her mother, her father and her mother's boyfriend?Shouldn't Rory be calling him instead? It was her family that burst in, her father and mom's boyfriend yelling at Logan. If it was me I really wouldn't be expecting a call I'd be the one calling.

Because she's Rory Gilmore, that's why! ;) Guys should fall at her feet. 

I don't think I could ever binge watch this show, the closest I've come is the three hour episodes on Up in a row. I remember Thanksgiving Week before the revival Up did a marathon, every day was Gilmore Girls and I was only able to watch a few episodes a day. I couldn't sit through days and days on end. I need a break in between and I love the show, I do. But sometimes it's too much. To me it's not a binge watch type show- although I did finish the revival in a day-I think three (sometimes four if I watch freeform at 11 am)  is enough for me. It also depends on the season or episode too. 

Edited by WhosThatGirl
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, andromeda331 said:

Ha, what a great question!  I'll have to chalk that one up to her still being a bit young and naive about guys at that point, because in truth a playboy like Logan would have ran and not given her another thought after that debacle.  

• Love 3

Alethea and Janet certainly thought Rory should have called, instead of waiting for Logan. Their analysis was that Rory's family barging in would make Logan think she was too much drama and it was on Rory to change the conversation with a hot UNINTERRUPTED hang-out session <waggles eyebrows>. And Rory took their advice. 

I think Rory felt like she was already putting herself out on a limb for Logan. Pulling him aside at the wedding for a "Do you like me conversation?", agreeing to a non-committed relationship, initiating a make out sesh at her grandparent vow renewal. She felt interrupted and embarrassed too when her family barged in so I think she felt wrong/footed at assuming that embarrassing altercation meant the ball was staying in Rory's court. Particularly since standard heteronormative scripts say the guy is supposed to initiate and supposed to call the girl after she started to travel bases with him. 

....It's wrong and Rory ended up changing her expectations and behavior after Janet/Alethea told her she was wrong. But I keenly empathize on this one- I'd have Rory's instincts. 

• Love 4
6 hours ago, Taryn74 said:

Ha, what a great question!  I'll have to chalk that one up to her still being a bit young and naive about guys at that point, because in truth a playboy like Logan would have ran and not given her another thought after that debacle.  

I'm kind of surprised Logan didn't bolt on that one. He doesn't seem like the type to stick around after that. Especially since he was the one being yelled at. 

5 hours ago, Melancholy said:

Alethea and Janet certainly thought Rory should have called, instead of waiting for Logan. Their analysis was that Rory's family barging in would make Logan think she was too much drama and it was on Rory to change the conversation with a hot UNINTERRUPTED hang-out session <waggles eyebrows>. And Rory took their advice. 

I think Rory felt like she was already putting herself out on a limb for Logan. Pulling him aside at the wedding for a "Do you like me conversation?", agreeing to a non-committed relationship, initiating a make out sesh at her grandparent vow renewal. She felt interrupted and embarrassed too when her family barged in so I think she felt wrong/footed at assuming that embarrassing altercation meant the ball was staying in Rory's court. Particularly since standard heteronormative scripts say the guy is supposed to initiate and supposed to call the girl after she started to travel bases with him. 

....It's wrong and Rory ended up changing her expectations and behavior after Janet/Alethea told her she was wrong. But I keenly empathize on this one- I'd have Rory's instincts. 

They did and they were right. No matter how embarrassed Rory was (and to be fair that would be really embarrassing) she should have been the one to call. If your family's the one that barged in and interrupted it seems like you'd be the one calling. If his family was the one that interrupted then he should have been the one to make the call. I do like that Rory asked Alethea and Janet for advice when she wasn't sure what to do. 

9 hours ago, WhosThatGirl said:

Because she's Rory Gilmore, that's why! ;) Guys should fall at her feet. 

I admit that was first reaction because of her complaining in season three when Jess didn't call her and it never occurred to her to call him. Which seems weird to me. Even if the guy's always taken the reins if he doesn't show up when your expecting him. You call and find out why. Check and see if he's running late or if something came up at work. I wondered if this was the same thing. 

• Love 3
4 hours ago, andromeda331 said:

I'm kind of surprised Logan didn't bolt on that one. He doesn't seem like the type to stick around after that. Especially since he was the one being yelled at. 

They did and they were right. No matter how embarrassed Rory was (and to be fair that would be really embarrassing) she should have been the one to call. If your family's the one that barged in and interrupted it seems like you'd be the one calling. If his family was the one that interrupted then he should have been the one to make the call. I do like that Rory asked Alethea and Janet for advice when she wasn't sure what to do. 

I admit that was first reaction because of her complaining in season three when Jess didn't call her and it never occurred to her to call him. Which seems weird to me. Even if the guy's always taken the reins if he doesn't show up when your expecting him. You call and find out why. Check and see if he's running late or if something came up at work. I wondered if this was the same thing. 

I think the Jess thing just sort of proves my point(indirectly though and I'll explain). Jess wasn't Dean. Dean would always call and be on time and yes Jess was not that great of a boyfriend and him bailing on Rory was not good boyfriend behavior but I remember in that same episode, their plans were always "maybes". I remember the first scene of that episode Rory and Loreali rushed home from Friday night dinner to meet their guys and Lorelei had definite plans and Rory said her and Jesss plans were "maybe"plans.  So whatever. But I think we're just supposed to not understand why Jess didn't bend over backwards for Rory, hence Lorelei's big speech to him about how perfect Rory is.

"That's What You Get, Folks, For Makin' Whoopee!":  Since I have recently talked smack about Rory, it's only fair that I give her her due.  Her rant after finding out Lorelai had slept with Chris!  It felt like the audience (or some of the audience) response, out o'the mouths of babes.  I cheer her on, every time.

Hated the L&L confrontation in the freezer section.  Lor looked pissed and upset after Luke said his piece (how she was meant to be with someone like Chris, not him).  I thought, Isn't he letting you off the hook here?  Why are YOU angry?

How I hated Pregnant Lane even more.  "What do we do with the hero's best friend?  Hmmmm...let's knock her up!"  Happened to Sookie, to Friends' Phoebe & Rachel, to Frasier's Roz.  Kelsey Grammer admitted years later that the writers just hadn't known what else to do with the character, but he thought it was a mistake.

I think it bothered me the most on Lane's behalf because she was preggers before she'd even had an orgasm!  Man, ASP was not a fan of sex.  Then later on, the babies were the plot device that prevented Lane from enjoying some of that professional success her BFF had been granted.   

• Love 1
14 hours ago, voiceover said:

How I hated Pregnant Lane even more.  "What do we do with the hero's best friend?  Hmmmm...let's knock her up!"  Happened to Sookie, to Friends' Phoebe & Rachel, to Frasier's Roz.  Kelsey Grammer admitted years later that the writers just hadn't known what else to do with the character, but he thought it was a mistake.

The issue they had with Lane, in my opinion, preceded her pregnancy. I didn't really like Zach/Lane together because that's where I think Lane's story kind of derailed. It was around that time where I realized that the show might not have had a plan for Lane...or a plan that they wanted to follow through with. It felt like they just paired her up with Zach to give her an excuse to stay in Stars Hollow so Rory could occasionally have someone to interact with when she was in town. It really bothered me that Lane suddenly decided that she didn't want to travel and do her own thing anymore. She seemed to be happy settling down and being another member of the town. They even basically stopped writing Lane as Rory's best friend; Paris quickly overtook that role the moment Lane's story with Zach started. 

And that disappoints me more than anything. Suddenly, Paris became Rory's number one and in the later seasons, it was lucky if we even got a Rory/Lane scene. Pregnant Lane was just the icing on the already badly made cake. I didn't want Lane's story to end in Stars Hollow. I think she deserved to explore the world, do a little soul searching outside of the town, and then if she chose to come back, then at least she got to live a little and do things that her mother never let her do when she was a minor. And, in hindsight, they should have dropped Keiko to a recurring character, have her make phone calls to Rory once in a while, but they could have had her single while traveling, and then brought her back in season 6 with a new boyfriend. Honestly, anything would have been better for Lane than what we got.

• Love 8

Taken from elimination game thread:

On 7/22/2017 at 8:12 PM, deaja said:

It leads to Jess getting all this credit for Rory's turnaround when she seemed to be heading that way and motivated more by wanting to escape E&R than actually going to Yale. I think Logan had the right to be irritated, but he's portrayed as completely wrong. Most people wouldn't want their SO going out with their ex without at least a heads-up. Overall, I hate the way Rory treats E&R in this stretch. Are they perfect? Far from it. But she used them, go tired of them, and discarded them rudely in such short order.

True, though I do fall under the opinion that Logan completely overreacted and Jess still ended up looking like the better person. Up to that point, when he went to see Rory and saw Jess for the first time, he had no idea who this guy was and what his connection with Rory was. All he saw was some other guy hanging with his girlfriend and he completely flipped out and got jealous. Rory didn't tell Logan because she had no obligation to at that time, especially since the plans had only been made the night before and Logan was supposed to be out of town. It's not like Rory broke off plans to hang out with Jess. Logan's attitude was immediately defensive and a bit territorial, and Jess reacted appropriately to this guy basically dissing him and trying to one-up him, despite knowing very little about him. 

But as for her treatment toward her grandparents, you're so right on that. Rory, especially in the later seasons, treated a lot of people like crap and when it didn't benefit her. They might have handled things wrong, but Rory was pretty awful from this point onward. I do think she was on her way to move out and get her life back on track before Jess, but I also think that he still did help motivate her. She didn't seem to think about what she wanted to do. She definitely didn't want to go back to Yale at that point; if anything, I think she would have moved out of her grandparents and moved in with Logan. So, if anything, I think Jess helped her realize that she probably should be finishing her education that she started. I think he also helped her realize how stupid she was being with her not talking to her mom and whatnot. At the very least, he helped her consciously realize it. I know she probably was regretting those choices but she didn't seem to try to fix it until Jess showed up and basically told her "Hey, you're not the same person that you were when we last saw each other. What the hell happened?" 

I think that it's ok to change when you're an adult and finding yourself. But, in Jess' eyes, she went from being completely co-dependent on her mom and being her very best friend while having a passion for becoming a journalist to not talking to her mother, living with her grandparents, not getting an education, and being somewhat of a socialite. For Jess, that's a lot of change in under two years. So I think him just questioning her choices out loud gave her the opportunity to finally hear what others have been trying to tell her for months, even if she knew it deep down. So, in that sense, I do give credit for Jess to help motivate her to get her life back on track. 

Too bad Rory didn't change her attitude with her grandparents, who did take her in and kept her out of trouble as much as possible. She never did seem to appreciate them for what they did. 

• Love 4

There had to be a better solution for the Lane problem. 

Have her commute daily from Stars Hollow to New Haven for classes at the Connecticut School of Broadcasting, say, in order to prepare her for a future career in media. That way you could have her as an occasional presence in Rory's Yale storylines, while also making her available for her own Rory-less Stars Hollow storylines.

Not to knock being a mother while barely out of your teens, or waitressing in a diner, but I wanted more for Lane.

• Love 2

@Lady Calypso, points well made re: Lane, but we part company on the Zach question.  I love Todd Lowe and I thought that character was one of the best of the show's boyfriends.

Though I would've preferred the two stay bandmates/lovers than what they became.  Especially since Drunk Lorelai at their wedding was one of my least favorite Lorelais.

• Love 2

I don't know just a whole lot about Helen Pai (ASP's friend who she based the character of Lane on) but I tend to think ASP got herself stuck in a corner wanting to stick to the 'fell in love with a band member' thing which is true to life with HP, once Seth Cohen left the show they had to find another band member for Lane to fall for so they could stick with the plan.  That's why I do give ASP some slack with this one.  Just my opinion.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, Taryn74 said:

I don't know just a whole lot about Helen Pai (ASP's friend who she based the character of Lane on) but I tend to think ASP got herself stuck in a corner wanting to stick to the 'fell in love with a band member' thing which is true to life with HP, once Seth Cohen left the show they had to find another band member for Lane to fall for so they could stick with the plan.  That's why I do give ASP some slack with this one.  Just my opinion.

I guess. Damn, I miss Dave. He would have been perfect for Lane. In regards to Zach, he definitely was one of the better boyfriends, as most of the others were jerks, but I could never really find myself liking Zach much. He didn't seem to fit with Lane, and her story seriously dragged at that point. I definitely think ASP didn't think far ahead with Lane after "she gets together with bandmate". Lane's story pretty much ended there, and ASP threw in stuff so Keiko could stay on the show. 

If ASP really needed that Lane/bandmate story, she could have literally had Lane leave for college somewhere and come back in a band with her new boyfriend. Have them travel across the country for a lot longer than Lane and her band did, and with more freedom. 

I guess my true ending for Lane would have been her truly finding herself outside of Stars Hollow. She got trapped in the town so I feel like she got stuck. ASP may have had her be happy with her life in the small town, but I never truly thought it was a good ending for Lane. And I'm still bitter that Rory basically stopped hanging out with Lane by the college years. No, show, having an occasional Rory/Lane scene every 10 episodes or so does not count as them still being best friends. I didn't want a "check in" with their friendship; I wanted an actual friendship.

• Love 3
16 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

I guess my true ending for Lane would have been her truly finding herself outside of Stars Hollow. She got trapped in the town so I feel like she got stuck. ASP may have had her be happy with her life in the small town, but I never truly thought it was a good ending for Lane.

It sounded like Amy wanted a better revival story for Lane that she wasn't able to write for her because she couldn't make Lane and Zach bad parents.

8 hours ago, Taryn74 said:

But Helen Pai became a successful TV producer. When we last left her, Lane is in her 30s, married to someone not her intellectual equal, and working in her mother's shop in a small tourist town. Her musical career is at a dead end.

A big deal is made of Rory's career disappointments, but Lane also had career ambitions that never became reality. Not saying that ASP had to portray Lane as some rock star in the revival, but playing the occasional weekend soft-jazz restaurant gig seems, on the one hand,  like a realistic end result for most young people with dreams of rock music  glory, but, on the other hand, that's not what happened to Helen Pai.

• Love 5
10 minutes ago, clack said:

A big deal is made of Rory's career disappointments, but Lane also had career ambitions that never became reality. Not saying that ASP had to portray Lane as some rock star in the revival, but playing the occasional weekend soft-jazz restaurant gig seems, on the one hand,  like a realistic end result for most young people with dreams of rock music  glory, but, on the other hand, that's not what happened to Helen Pai.

I mean, ASP DID have Lane/Zach play guitar quietly in the background when Michel and Lorelai went to that secret restaurant....but no, I totally agree with you. 

32 minutes ago, shron17 said:

It sounded like Amy wanted a better revival story for Lane that she wasn't able to write for her because she couldn't make Lane and Zach bad parents.

So, her decision was to...have Lane in about three scenes total, and where Lane/Rory didn't get to have a one-on-one scene where they just talked? 

Out of all the stories from season 7 that ASP chose to ignore, she chose not to ignore the Lane having kids one? I mean, don't get me wrong, I would have been pissed if she had decided to erase her kids out of existence, but she could have at least explained it away by stating that season 7 was simply not canon in this revival. Instead of playing "what stories shall I keep from season 7 and which ones will I pretend never happened"; throwing away the good stories (Logan's character development, for example) and making fun of some of the season 7 choices (Christopher/Lorelai's short lived marriage) while keeping the ones that probably could have just not been mentioned (Lane and Zach's kids; they really could have not cast her kids, kept them off screen, and we could have pretended that she either had them with Mrs. Kim or pretended they never existed, like all the other season 7 plots in the revival). 

Honestly, if that was her reasoning, then that's a piss poor excuse for the way Lane's story ended. She could have given Lane a better revival story. Hell, she could have given Lane a better story in season 6 that wasn't marrying her off. 

Obviously, I'm still a little bitter because Lane really deserved better, and ASP tossed the Lane/Rory friendship away by season 5 for Paris/Rory. At least season 7 had some good Lane/Rory scenes where they actually hung out and talked many times. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Lady Calypso said:

And I'm still bitter that Rory basically stopped hanging out with Lane by the college years. No, show, having an occasional Rory/Lane scene every 10 episodes or so does not count as them still being best friends. I didn't want a "check in" with their friendship; I wanted an actual friendship.

I think that's realistic, though.  Rory and Lane had different things going on in their life and IRL they wouldn't have gotten together that much.  Maybe the first couple of summers.

• Love 3
(edited)
23 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

Out of all the stories from season 7 that ASP chose to ignore, she chose not to ignore the Lane having kids one? I mean, don't get me wrong, I would have been pissed if she had decided to erase her kids out of existence, but she could have at least explained it away by stating that season 7 was simply not canon in this revival. Instead of playing "what stories shall I keep from season 7 and which ones will I pretend never happened"; throwing away the good stories (Logan's character development, for example) and making fun of some of the season 7 choices (Christopher/Lorelai's short lived marriage) while keeping the ones that probably could have just not been mentioned (Lane and Zach's kids; they really could have not cast her kids, kept them off screen, and we could have pretended that she either had them with Mrs. Kim or pretended they never existed, like all the other season 7 plots in the revival). 

Someone told me once the only two things you can't undo in your life are having a baby and dying.  Lane and Zach's kids existed and Amy couldn't just pretend they didn't, and she tried to stay true to their character and make them the way she saw them as parents.   In my opinion, she didn't undo any story lines from season 7 or anyone's character growth; she just used the years in between to have them in a different place.  People change.  I agree that in some cases it would have been nice to have more explanation but for me it worked just fine as it was.  I thought the scenes Rory and Lane had together in the revival were really nice, especially where Rory was venting about Lorelai's reaction to her book idea and kept accidentally calling Logan.  And I loved seeing Lane's kids, especially when they tried on Rory's clothes.

Edited by shron17
  • Love 1
36 minutes ago, Katy M said:

I think that's realistic, though.  Rory and Lane had different things going on in their life and IRL they wouldn't have gotten together that much.  Maybe the first couple of summers.

It absolutely is; sometimes, best friends do grow apart and it happens. It's more of the fact that Rory went home to visit her mom very often and Lane was still in town, so the fact that they rarely met up was confusing. It's why I'd rather Lane moved out of town for a while. It would have made sense as to why Rory and Lane grew apart. 

20 minutes ago, shron17 said:

Someone told me once the only two things you can't undo in your life are having a baby and dying.  Lane and Zach's kids existed and Amy couldn't just pretend they didn't, and she tried to stay true to their character and make them the way she saw them as parents.   In my opinion, she didn't undo any story lines from season 7 or anyone's character growth; she just used the years in between to have them in a different place.  People change.  I agree that in some cases it would have been nice to have more explanation but for me it worked just fine as it was.  I thought the scenes Rory and Lane had together in the revival were really nice, especially where Rory was venting about Lorelai's reaction to her book idea and kept accidentally calling Logan.  And I loved seeing Lane's kids, especially when they tried on Rory's clothes.

I didn't mind Lane's kids, especially since they were used in a small capacity. I just wanted a little more with Lane, but my issues are not even just with the revival for Lane. I just think that if ASP really wanted a better revival story for Lane, she could have given her one. It would have been nice to hear that her, Zach, and the kids moved out of town and they visited often enough to see Mrs. Kim. That would have been at least a nicer end to her story. I know that it's realistic that kids might stay in their small town for the rest of their lives, but Lane always wanted more and I wanted more for her. 

I could see Lane having a fulfilling career while remaining in Stars Hollow by, say, running a small independent mom-and-pop record label with Zach. I just wish ASP had shown more imagination in depicting Lane's future. Having her work in her mother's antique shop seems like a lazy plot solution.

We see Rory getting to mope around about her career doldrums, but Lane seems to be dismissed with a "well, this is as much as she should expect in life". I would have liked her to share a moment of introspection, at least,  with Rory, regarding the loss of their adolescent dreams.

• Love 7
11 minutes ago, clack said:

I could see Lane having a fulfilling career while remaining in Stars Hollow by, say, running a small independent mom-and-pop record label with Zach. I just wish ASP had shown more imagination in depicting Lane's future. Having her work in her mother's antique shop seems like a lazy plot solution.

I like that idea, but don't have a problem accepting that Lane and Zach stayed where they were because it was a good school district, Mrs. Kim was nearby to help with the kids, and they were comfortable financially living mainly off of Zach's salary.  By working for her mom Lane had a lot of flexibility and could easily be there for her kids when needed.  I think it's nice when women have the freedom to make a career choice that's best for their family and not necessarily just for them.  I also would have enjoyed some introspection from Lane but understand they had limited time and needed to concentrate more on Rory.

• Love 1
32 minutes ago, clack said:

I just wish ASP had shown more imagination in depicting Lane's future.

I would have totally bought a storyline where Mrs. Kim traveled with Hep Alien to watch the kids while the band toured, never having made it big (because they just weren't good enough, heh) but popular enough that they could do tours.  They could make it a thing that they spend X number of weeks off tour and Lane and Rory could have seen each other during that time during the Revival.

• Love 6

I will never be okay with Rory sleeping with Logan hours after watching sad Marty trudge away on the heels of publicly humiliating himself for a chance to spend time with her. The way she treats him it's almost like she assumed he was gay. Legs on his legs is pretty intimate, unless done in public during a silly/goofy hangout/party.

It's totally fine if she wasn't into Marty, but I can't grasp how Awkward As Heck Around Boys Potentially Into Her Rory Gilmore suddenly started begging a "friend" to spend a Saturday night with her, dressed up for it (first time since her date with Dean?), and catered to his every desire to get him on her couch.

Also - when did we ever see them really being bosom buddies to the degree Rory claims in that episode?

You are being FAKE Rory. Marty may not have been Mister Exciting or Mr Confident, and he may very well have ended up a dud as a boyfriend, but show the guy some respect and don't toy with him.

In retrospect, I don't get how Rory could stand those dull, moronic dinner guests. How attractive was Logan to justify years of being around folks like that??

This was the beginning of Whory. Not a fair nickname, I know, but I stand by it. She sucked here on out. Entitled much?

Points to Marty for seeing through her and Logan's BS.

http://previously.tv/gilmore-girls/gilmore-girls-a-year-in-the-life-gives-two-soulmates-a-new-chance-at-lifelong-bliss/

I really enjoyed this piece and it's support of Raris (yep, just coined that). It's kind of true that they made each other better, stronger people and understood one another in a way the rest of the world didn't. I wonder how many gay viewers caught on to this interpretation or shipped them? I'd say the sad kiss at the club would nix them as an actual couple but the idea has some logic behind it.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

I will never be okay with Rory sleeping with Logan hours after watching sad Marty trudge away on the heels of publicly humiliating himself for a chance to spend time with her. The way she treats him it's almost like she assumed he was gay. Legs on his legs is pretty intimate, unless done in public during a silly/goofy hangout/party.

It's totally fine if she wasn't into Marty, but I can't grasp how Awkward As Heck Around Boys Potentially Into Her Rory Gilmore suddenly started begging a "friend" to spend a Saturday night with her, dressed up for it (first time since her date with Dean?), and catered to his every desire to get him on her couch.

Also - when did we ever see them really being bosom buddies to the degree Rory claims in that episode?

You are being FAKE Rory. Marty may not have been Mister Exciting or Mr Confident, and he may very well have ended up a dud as a boyfriend, but show the guy some respect and don't toy with him.

In retrospect, I don't get how Rory could stand those dull, moronic dinner guests. How attractive was Logan to justify years of being around folks like that??

This was the beginning of Whory. Not a fair nickname, I know, but I stand by it. She sucked here on out. Entitled much?

Points to Marty for seeing through her and Logan's BS.

http://previously.tv/gilmore-girls/gilmore-girls-a-year-in-the-life-gives-two-soulmates-a-new-chance-at-lifelong-bliss/

I really enjoyed this piece and it's support of Raris (yep, just coined that). It's kind of true that they made each other better, stronger people and understood one another in a way the rest of the world didn't. I wonder how many gay viewers caught on to this interpretation or shipped them? I'd say the sad kiss at the club would nix them as an actual couple but the idea has some logic behind it.

This whole thing I want to like a thousand times. I don't really understand what Rory was doing there either. It was obvious early on that Marty liked Rory, and Rory knew. And then forcing him to go to a dinner with a bunch of people he wouldn't enjoy going to dinner with was bad. Rory sucks a lot of the time. I'm noticing it in rewatches more and as I've said it's probably because the revival soured her character. I mean Lorelei comes off bad at times throughout the series and the revival too but she comes out.. better than Rory. 

• Love 5