Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

25 minutes ago, awaken said:

Did they ask and were turned down, or we just haven't seen Cross Church promoting them?

IIRC, the SBC (Southern Baptist Convention) couldn't grant them a commission, citing Jill's lack of proper education and IIRC, Derick had the proper education required, but was missing training.

• Love 4
19 minutes ago, awaken said:

Did they ask and were turned down, or we just haven't seen Cross Church promoting them?

I don't know if Derick and Jill formally applied to the Southern Baptist International Mission Board. I think - based on a social media post by Derick - that they started some coursework that would have been required for candidates for career missionary jobs (and their spouses). And then it became clear to Derick that Jill is just too far below the educational level for that coursework.  

IIRC, on the Sunday before the Dullards first left for Central America, they were recognized at a service (I think) at Cross Church where the congregation prayed for them. Then Derick posted a photo of them at that service with a caption that said they'd been "commissioned" by Cross Church for the mission. 

He had to retract that pretty quickly, because they had not been commissioned by Cross Church. He quickly posted a correction that said the picture showed them being "blessed" or some such fundiespeak for being prayed over. IIRC the pastor of Cross Church is a big player (high profile) in the national Southern Baptist convention, and his church would not want freelancers claiming they've been commissioned as missionaries. Especially freelancers who star on a cable TV show and have thousands of social media followers. 

I was surprised that Derick would post such an obvious falsehood on social media. It was just such a stupid move. IMO it reflected a state of mind where he hadn't quite 100% accepted the death of his dream to be a 'real' SBC missionary via the IMB. Instead they were going to be working for SOS Ministries, which is a freelance sort of thing and run by one of Jim Bob's buddies. 

• Love 11
20 minutes ago, Jeeves said:

I was surprised that Derick would post such an obvious falsehood on social media. It was just such a stupid move. IMO it reflected a state of mind where he hadn't quite 100% accepted the death of his dream to be a 'real' SBC missionary via the IMB. Instead they were going to be working for SOS Ministries, which is a freelance sort of thing and run by one of Jim Bob's buddies. 

I saw it less of not accepting his dream had died, and more of the Duggar standard "lie until we get caught, and then claim it was a mistake."

• Love 16
2 hours ago, Marigold said:

I don't think Derick plans anything. It's haphazard. 

Being a missionary is a full time job.  Not clown around time.  It should be treated with respect.  A missionary is representing his church/religion and that should present well.

Your time should be accounted for.  You should have solid plans and implement them. 

That Cross Church dodged a bullet by not commissioning them.  Any church should be embarrassed to have those two bimbos representing them. 

Do they even HAVE a sending church? They never attended the warehouse church after Jill married and were already in Danger America after the Duggars disbanded that church in favor of Pastor Caldwell's place, which seems like another rinky-dink operation. 

• Love 1
9 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Do they even HAVE a sending church? 

I don't think so, or we'd have heard about it on SM if not on the show. Derick really downplays any connection with SOS Ministries in his SM posts. (Did the show even mention that they're working for SOS? I don't recall.)  

It's possible that the SOS organization likes it that way.

And IMO it's also possible that Derick's not bursting with pride about working for SOS - and would prefer that his millions of fans think that it's Dillard Family Ministries doing all that "work" in Danger America. Which helps keep people hitting the "donate" button for DFM. If they know the Dillards are employed by SOS there's much less reason to donate to DFM. Just my opinion.

Edited to add: I'm assuming that they still are working for SOS. Haven't seen anything to indicate to the contrary; I suppose their SM posts from this trip will show what they're up to.

Edited by Jeeves
  • Love 3

I have been secretly hoping someone would give them the $24,000 and suggest use the money and run away and not be heard from again. In fact, I was hoping someone would give the whole family money to "disappear" from their famewhoreness world. 

12 hours ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

IIRC, the SBC (Southern Baptist Convention) couldn't grant them a commission, citing Jill's lack of proper education and IIRC, Derick had the proper education required, but was missing training.

Derick didn't even have the full education to apply.  He began taking online classes to gain it, but that seemed to fall by the wayside quickly.  It was probably when he realized how much remedial work Jill would have to do just to begin college coursework.  Or perhaps Jill told him she had no interest in doing all the remedial work plus I think it's two years of college she would have to complete. 

Edited by Absolom
  • Love 6
15 hours ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

Now, Marigold, aren't you being a little unfair to bimbos?  Compared to the collective IQs of the Dillydumdums, bimbos are Rhodes scholars.

Sorry for the bimbo shaming.  (hangs head)  ;)

Edited by Marigold
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, Absolom said:

Derick didn't even have the full education to apply.  He began taking online classes to gain it, but that seemed to fall by the wayside quickly.  It was probably when he realized how much remedial work Jill would have to do just to begin college coursework.  Or perhaps Jill told him she had no interest in doing all the remedial work plus I think it's two years of college she would have to complete. 

Thanks for the clarification. I did remember that Derick still had some requirements to meet that he could have met fairly quickly. Jill's superior SOTDRT education left her so deficient that she would have had to struggle for at least a couple of years to be where she needed to be to even begin to meet requirements.

Thanks, Boob and Mullet, for ruining Derick's missionary dream by giving your daughter such a shitty education.

Edited by Arwen Evenstar
  • Love 9

To be honest about it, Derick ruin his missionary dream by marrying Jill and his own actions. Yes, Jill did have a shitty education, but she could have worked hard to get the education she needed. They both need to stop blaming JB and Michelle for what has happened since the minute they said I do. Time to grow up and stop depending on family and donors.

7 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

To be honest about it, Derick ruin his missionary dream by marrying Jill and his own actions. Yes, Jill did have a shitty education, but she could have worked hard to get the education she needed. They both need to stop blaming JB and Michelle for what has happened since the minute they said I do. Time to grow up and stop depending on family and donors.

Yes, ITA. We already know they aren't good at adulting.  I think they could have realized the dream in the time they spent running away to Central America. I'm still wondering WHY they ran off like that instead of buckling down and getting the proper credentials. They would have been better off unplugging from Social media and keeping their heads down in Arkansas.

The only thing I could think of was TLC needed a storyline and Boob pulled some strings so they could play missionaries instead of getting the training they really needed to do to become fully fledged proper missionaries.

• Love 3

Jim Bob probably told him all that SBC organization was BS or that the education and training were a waste of time and all he needed was the power of the Holy Spirit so here go with SOS where we can get you started right away.

• Love 9

I keep on thinking if Cathy hadn't gotten cancer Jill and Derick would be in a totally different place now. Remember they got married while Cathy was getting treatment for her cancer so she was too weak to help Jill break away from the Duggar cult and this allowed Derick to get sucked in. Since Derick has such a weak personality and Jill is such a sad sack they've become zombies in the process.

• Love 5
20 minutes ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

Yes, ITA. We already know they aren't good at adulting.  I think they could have realized the dream in the time they spent running away to Central America. I'm still wondering WHY they ran off like that instead of buckling down and getting the proper credentials. They would have been better off unplugging from Social media and keeping their heads down in Arkansas.

The only thing I could think of was TLC needed a storyline and Boob pulled some strings so they could play missionaries instead of getting the training they really needed to do to become fully fledged proper missionaries.

They may not have been hired by the IMB even if they'd done all the coursework. For one thing, the IMB application process includes an evaluation of the applicants beyond transcripts. I'm sure they look for applicants (and spouses when it's a couple) with the appropriate personality traits and maturity levels for foreign mission work. I think that Jill's emotional and social immaturity would have been apparent to them in any kind of serious interview/evaluation process, and I don't think they would want to risk the problems that would likely result from sending an emotionally fragile spouse out to a foreign country.  And who knows if Derick, although he went to Nepal for a limited time under some informal deal with the IMB, would make the cut for a career position? 

• Love 11

Let's be honest, Derick and Jill could've had all the proper credentials on paper with the SBC and they would still stink as missionaries. Paper credentials can't substitute intelligence, creativity, life skills, a good work ethic, good coping skills and understanding.  Not to mention they don't speak the language of  the people they are attempting to work with. 

SOS might not have been Derick's first choice for a mission.  OK, I get that.  We all have disappointments in our professions.  

But what the heck is Derick doing with the missionary assignment he DOES have?????  It appears to be not much.   Maybe we are wrong? Maybe he is really accomplishing things out there on the mission field?  Well then I'd like him to post a few more things than selfies, bizarre rants and bad Spanish.  That's all Derick and Jill can post because that is all that they are doing.  We all see that. 

In fact, the only post that we did see with a spiritual group was actually Jill, who was hosting a Bible study in their home for wives.  Even Jill seems to have accomplished more than Derick...probably because she is familiar with group studies after watching her father run a home church for many years. Derick is so unskilled for the mission field.  I'm actually embarrassed for him. 

• Love 16
1 hour ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

It really speaks to just how lazy they are. They are so damn young, taking the time necessary for both of them to get their credentials would have been reasonable and even with the constant baby making they could have done it before Jill turned 30. Yes, she's stupid and under-educated, but plenty of dumb asses are able to eventually get their degrees even while raising a family. But they got discouraged at how long it would take and so didn't even bother, and I'm guessing that the SOS opportunity came up and they grabbed it because they could pretend to be missionaries without having to do any of the boring stateside prep work.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Marigold said:

Let's be honest, Derick and Jill could've had all the proper credentials on paper with the SBC and they would still stink as missionaries. Paper credentials can't substitute intelligence, creativity, life skills, a good work ethic, good coping skills and understanding.  Not to mention they don't speak the language of  the people they are attempting to work with. 

SOS might not have been Derick's first choice for a mission.  OK, I get that.  We all have disappointments in our professions.  

But what the heck is Derick doing with the missionary assignment he DOES have?????  It appears to be not much.   Maybe we are wrong? Maybe he is really accomplishing things out there on the mission field?  Well then I'd like him to post a few more things than selfies, bizarre rants and bad Spanish.  That's all Derick and Jill can post because that is all that they are doing.  We all see that. 

In fact, the only post that we did see with a spiritual group was actually Jill, who was hosting a Bible study in their home for wives.  Even Jill seems to have accomplished more than Derick...probably because she is familiar with group studies after watching her father run a home church for many years. Derick is so unskilled for the mission field.  I'm actually embarrassed for him. 

That Bible study Jill posted wasn't from Danger America. It was ladies presumably from Cross Church. She posted that around the same time that Derick bragged about her "research paper." I figured that the two were connected, and Jill wasn't hosting per second, other than it apparently being held at the Pool House.

• Love 1

The Bible study that Jill was photographed in wasn't even in their home.  That was a room at Cross Church so the material was selected by the church and I'm not sure she was leading it.  I think all we know is that she was attending it.

ETA: Sew Sumi and I were posting at the same time.

Edited by Absolom
  • Love 1

Yeah, @Absolom is correct. Now I remember a cramped room with bookshelves. Those are foreign to Jilly Muffin and her husband. So, my error. Not the Pool House. And I do remember that the ladies had a supplemental book. That's probably where Jilly got the citation material for her paper.

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 1
10 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

That Bible study Jill posted wasn't from Danger America. It was ladies presumably from Cross Church. She posted that around the same time that Derick bragged about her "research paper." I figured that the two were connected, and Jill wasn't hosting per second, other than it apparently being held at the Pool House.

Weren't we talking about the picture of Jill wth Izzy on the floor in the kitchen and the Hispanic women sitting around...they were talking about staying with abusive husbands?   Wasn't that CA?  

Jill did a group study in Cross Church with Hispanic women?????????  What the hell is Jill doing?  I'm so confused!  Her Spanish is terrible.  Why would she be involved in this in the USA?  

EDIT: I can't find any of the pictures we are discussing.  :( 

Edited by Marigold
  • Love 4

The Bible study in AR was church members. In DA, I only remember Jilly and the GWB at a "school" with Bible story pictures painted on the wall that could be seen. It didn't look like she was teaching; she was off to one side of the room.

I remember Derick with some men at SOS HQ. I don't doubt your memory, @Marigold, I just laugh at Jilly Muffin giving anyone marriage advice.

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 3

Ah, two separate occasions.  Jill had the CA women gathered and had to have an interpreter.  Was that also the banana bread meeting?  I'm not sure that was exactly a Bible study.

The one at Cross Church was just your typical Arkansas Baptist church ladies except for Jill.

Edited by Absolom
  • Love 5
3 minutes ago, Absolom said:

Ah, two separate occasions.  Jill had the CA women gathered and had to have an interpreter.  Was that also the banana bread meeting?  I'm not sure that was exactly a Bible study.

The one at Cross Church was just your typical Arkansas Baptist church ladies except for Jill.

Thank you for remembering that!  I thought I was crazy! 

At least Jill tried to have some sort of meeting with women.  I haven't seen Derick doing much of anything and HE IS THE MAN. 

And strangely enough, none of the pictures are on their blog or instagram. That's weird too. 

Edited by Marigold
  • Love 1

Missionary work requires hard work and humility and carrying out one's duties with reverence, dignity, and purpose so the faith/church/mission is cast in a positive light. Muffy and Scruffy have not done that at all.

Scruffy unshaven and sloppy in his granola wear and Muffy in her pilly pile of rags (thank you, @louannems), greasy hair, ill-fitting bra,  dirty bare feet, and Grimy Great White Baby, do not show leadership, authority, or any pride in their appearance.

No street cred, or academic cred, flitting and floating around without purpose. You would think since that word was used as a noun, verb, modifier, and infinitive in Duggarland to the point of causing nausea at its very utterance, that Muffy would at least know what "purpose" means and walk the walk. She can parrot the talk, but that's the extent of Duggarspeak.

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

I remember Derick with some men at SOS HQ. I don't doubt your memory, @Marigold, I just laugh at Jilly Muffin giving anyone marriage advice.

Well, it seems those never been kissed virgin brides and grooms are suddenly experts on marriage and sex. Anna and Josh supposedly wrote a book, and both Muffy and Jessa were spouting marital advice within weeks after their nuptials.

2 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Oh yes, the banana bread. She was kind of pissy about having to make it... It's all coming back now! 

Did she use a Duncan Hines mix or make her own? Following even a recipe for Minute Rice was too much for our tragic heroine.

• Love 5

As noted above, I only remember ONE picture of Dullard ostensibly "ministering" to men. 

There was also the sad party with the fruit salad. I think that was for couples? Or was that the banana bread party? 

But yeah, other than that, we got nuttin other than a trek to who knows where, filmed by TLC as an FU.

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 1

Another point I forgot to make is that even these heathen Catholics that the Dullards are trying to convert really do make sure that their Fathers and Sisters receive a very intensive education at the seminaries/monasteries and convents before they even get to wear their collars and habits.

So they think they can just go out and be missionaries just like that? Jim Boob really is an idiot, but then as someone who is scornful of education, I guess all he thought to be qualified was to watch someone else do it.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Jeeves said:

They may not have been hired by the IMB even if they'd done all the coursework. For one thing, the IMB application process includes an evaluation of the applicants beyond transcripts. I'm sure they look for applicants (and spouses when it's a couple) with the appropriate personality traits and maturity levels for foreign mission work. I think that Jill's emotional and social immaturity would have been apparent to them in any kind of serious interview/evaluation process, and I don't think they would want to risk the problems that would likely result from sending an emotionally fragile spouse out to a foreign country.  And who knows if Derick, although he went to Nepal for a limited time under some informal deal with the IMB, would make the cut for a career position? 

And here is how that interview would go.

Interviewer-Jill, tell me why you want to be a missionary?  Jill-because Derick does.  

Interviewer-Jill, let's try this again.  Why do YOU want to be a missionary?  Jill-I totally want to because Derick does.  Totally.

Interviewer-Jill, please tell me in Spanish why you would be a good missionary?  Jill-Hola, Dericko wantso thiso.

Interviewer begins banging his head against his desk and rips the application in half.

Sorry, I'm waiting for my client and have some time on my hands.  Some days I just can't with these people.

• Love 22

On the other hand, S.O.S. clearly wants to portray the idea that the Duggar family's visits to Central America involve "[serving] the Lord..., preaching the gospel to the lost and helping the poor." (see link             http://www.soshope.org/about/s-o-s-with-the-duggar-family/                )

As we know, the Duggar family does no such thing when they go to Central America. So I'm thinking that S.O.S. in general doesn't mean by "ministry" or "mission" anything like what we envision as "ministry" or "mission."       And that makes me also think they're probably A-okay with what the Dullards do there. I expect that they probably direct the Dullards to do what we have seen the Dullards "doing."      

My sense is that S.O.S. Ministries is running some kind of holy scam -- basically a tourist business that uses "come and serve the Lord year after year" as an eternal marketing gimmick. And they're finding monetary success with it, and very much wanting to keep it going. So somebody showing up on their premises and trying to do some actually serious missioning would most likely muck up their system and wouldn't be appreciated, is my guess. 

On their website, they're also stressing that they're helping bring water to Africa. My suspicion is that this is really their cover against the kind of arguments we make here. Because -- notice -- they're not going to have a ton of 'Murikans trekking over to Africa for beach vacations. So they have a little -- and I emphasize "little" -- thing going there that looks like "real" missioning. To cover their asses. But what they really are pushing is the fake 'missioning" that goes on at the nearby-the-Bible-belt vacationing spot. Cause that's where the money is. 

Call me a cynic. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 13

What did Derick do while he was a missionary in Nepal?

I have a theory that they haven't gone back to Central America at all, but are in the U.S. receiving medical treatment for various and assorted illnesses (both physical and mental).

• Love 8

I do not think Derick and especially Jill would have listen to Cathy even if she was healthy when they were courting and getting married. I do not think Jill and Cathy get along. I think Cathy tolerates Jill and the rest of the Duggar clan in order to spend time with Derick and Izzy. I think she was surprised when Jill ended up pregnant so fast. I also do not think Derick would listen to any advice his mother will give him because he is too far gone from reality.

24 minutes ago, PradaKitty said:

I have a theory that they haven't gone back to Central America at all, but are in the U.S. receiving medical treatment for various and assorted illnesses (both physical and mental).

Several months ago, a poster (Churchie?) detailed how Derick was employed by the SBC. IIRC, he had to go to Nepal on a student visa because Nepal doesn't permit missionaries. He had some shady job title that I can't recall ATM.  

That's the Cliff's Notes version; I'm sure someone can fill in  more of the specifics.

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 3
7 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Several months ago, a poster (Churchie?) detailed how Derick was employed by the SBC. IIRC, he had to go to Nepal on a student visa because Nepal doesn't permit missionaries. He had some shady job title that I can't recall ATM.  

That's the Cliff's Notes version; I'm sure someone can fill in  more of the specifics.

I thought he was some sort of "tour guide"?

Edited by ariel
  • Love 1

Derick's description of his time in Nepal from https://www.linkedin.com/in/derick-dillard-4b347031

Student - Volunteer CoordinatorVolunteerJanuary 2012 – January 2014 (2 years 1 month)

I spent two years living in Kathmandu, Nepal. I led volunteer teams from America into Himalayan mountain villages as we helped in aiding Tibetan refugees. This mainly included service projects, training, and education for Tibetans and Nepalese. Trips lasted up to a month of living in the mountains. I was responsible for every aspect of the trip including, but not limited to travel logistics, lodging, food, training material, collection of materials for projects, and decision making while working.

• Love 8
25 minutes ago, PradaKitty said:

Based on stuff I've read and heard, I speculate that he worked a day job at a trekking company that had been "planted" more or less by some American Baptist businessperson working semi-officially/semi-unofficially with the SBC mission board and also took language courses. The company, I believe, was mainly staffed with Nepalese folks and he also met Nepalese folks at his school. 

His missionary job, I believe, was part of a sort of "informal" missionary corps that the SBC mission board (as well as other mission boards) runs "off the books," so that they can help more committed Baptists enter the country -- largely on those folks' own dime -- beyond the number who are issued official missionary visas by the Nepalese government. (These people come in on tourist visas, student visas and perhaps some kind of business/work-related visas but not missionary visas.) In this missionary job, I think Derick's assignment was to spend a lot of time with the Nepalese folks he met on the mission-board-created  day job and at his school and jawbone them a lot about converting. 

This is a kind of "missionary trips" that appears to be relatively common, since most countries pretty strictly limit the number of official missionaries they'll let in -- because those countries don't want to allow in hordes of people bent on wiping out their traditional religious cultures, while the mission boards are eager to get in as many as they possibly can. Plus, it's cheap for the mission boards, since these people get a little help but are primarily doing it on their own dime. As a result, it appears that people who do this stuff are directed by the mission board to keep it pretty much on the downlow both while they're doing it and afterwards. If governments found solid evidence -- say in people's Linkedin accounts or elsewhere -- that there were a lot more missionaries operating in league with mission boards than they had actually handed out visas for, they might crack down on it. So it's pretty much a stealth thing. 

• Love 4
6 hours ago, Absolom said:

One can only imagine how much of that work could have been completed in the past two years if they hadn't been screwing around in Danger America and actually applied themselves to it. One also has to ask (again) why Triple D could not hire a tutor to work with his wife; it's not unheard of and it's not like they didn't have the money after TLC/People exclusives/wedding gifts converted into cash/Instagram income/his former income from WalMart.

• Love 7
On 2/20/2017 at 9:16 PM, Missy Vixen said:

I am not a missionary and don't play one on TV.

The back-to-school specials: I found out something interesting this year. I called Brand X big box store that rhymes with Aples; they offer free shipping on their back to school loss leader items (pencils, crayons, paper, markers, glue sticks, whatever). I have big mobility challenges. I asked the guy if he would fill up a box of those loss leaders, charge me for them, and ship them to the local elementary school. He was thrilled to do so. It turns out that his wife is a teacher.

It would seem to me that TLC would help provide the items to pass out to the children of Danger America; it would be pennies compared to their production cost to film. One has to wonder why they are unwilling/unable to partner with a business to make this happen. Triple D and Jilly Muffin are too greedy to do so as well.

Not defending Jill and Derjerk, or TLC in the least, but when items are shipped to organizations in El Salvador,  Guatemala  (where I live part of the year not as a missionary), the organization has to pay a tax to pick up the items, if they arrive at all. Let's just say their customs departments "lose" items that may be considered desired or hard to come by. So, it may defeat the purpose of the donation all together. Many groups I know of have had it happen. 

BUT- Miss Vixen, as a former teacher, I love your donation and the big box store's willingness to assist you in making it happen! I bet you made they day for the teachers who received your generosity. 

• Love 5
On 2/19/2017 at 2:09 AM, MunichNark said:

People are commenting everywhere just how weird this sudden flight is. No teary goodbye videos, no photos, just a flight by night.

They'll have their work cut out for them if they disappear every time a Duggar does something awful.

Deposition coming up?  

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

And radio silence on all social media since last Thursday when Jill posted the airport pic. 

Yeah, exactly, since they post every time they ?.  But, it's very nice not to have my blood boiling from Derelict and his ill informed and hateful, ignorant screeds.

• Love 6
On 2/21/2017 at 7:57 AM, Arwen Evenstar said:

Traveling to the Philippines from the US is a long flight and longer trips are necessary to justify the airfare, and not everyone who would go on that trip would be a native speaker of Tagalog or the many other languages spoken there. It makes sense to have the locals or native speakers  do the preaching and soul saving than pretentious white people who understand neither the language, customs, culture, or social mores. 

I thought maybe one day it might be nice to do a mission trip, but because the US doesn't have the type of paid leave policies that Canada and European countries have, it would have to be a very short one. My age and health might preclude me from doing more rigorous tasks in the heat, but there are plenty of ways to still be useful and helpful and make a difference in some way. I don't expect D3 or Muffy to dig ditches or frame houses or pour concrete, but helping at clinics, sorting supplies,preparing meals, assembling care kits, orientation for new helpers...doing something besides handing out DumDums and painting fingernails.

My dentist's office did one every year to Central America for 2 weeks. It was a lot of work and they paid their own way, but believed enough in giving back. Since Cancun is a 2 hour flight from most hub airports in Texas, relatively speaking, it doesn't take much longer to reach Central America, so CA, does make sense for short term mission trips. One doesn't need to proselytize -- there are lots of other things to do to make a difference.

I think this is exactly what they should do.  They aren't fluent in Spanish and they are young.  Do something that makes a difference!  Quit being a sloth.  I am glad I am not anywhere near them.  They inspire the same thing that seeing Martin Shrekli does in me.  I want to punch them in the throat.  And really, don't want to hear them talk about the secrets to marriage they are passing along to Jing and Jerm.  Jessa and Bin don't even make me feel as stabby as the Dillweeds.  

Asking for donations of stuff from a business is easy.  They can't even do THAT!  Surely they know someone at Walmart they could ask for stuff.

• Love 7
On 2/21/2017 at 2:37 PM, Arwen Evenstar said:

That's more in line with what they're qualified for, but I don't think they should call themselves missionaries. It's more appropriate to say that they're den parents.

That's more in line with what they're qualified for, but I don't think they should call themselves missionaries. It's more appropriate to say that they're den parents.

I don't think they are actually qualified for anything.  But perhaps calling them a camp counselor would work.  If that is what they are doing.  I see their time in DA as more fleeing the country/work rather than making a difference.  Besides Derricks face being jacked up by surgery his personality seems more odious than it ever was.  The family seems to be having a negative affect on him.  

• Love 5

It's been my experience that people who excessively dole out advice on a specific subject do so because they're a complete failure in that aspect of their lives. So it's no surprise to me that the Dullards have suddenly become marriage experts.

• Love 9
13 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

I don't think they are actually qualified for anything.  But perhaps calling them a camp counselor would work.  If that is what they are doing.  I see their time in DA as more fleeing the country/work rather than making a difference.  Besides Derricks face being jacked up by surgery his personality seems more odious than it ever was.  The family seems to be having a negative affect on him.  

Derick has the degree to get a good paying job to support Silly Jilly, Iz, and Dill 2.0.  Get a regular 9 to 5, Manbun, and set a week of your vaycay aside to missioncate. Your fans and even your snarkers would respect you for that.

Being a missionary isn't for everyone; it's fine to say they serve at a mission, because that's at least accurate. But, Dillard's, please for the love of Pistol Pete, stop calling yourselves missionaries, because you have neither the credentials nor the work ethic to have such a revered title.

• Love 13
1 hour ago, Natalie68 said:

Asking for donations of stuff from a business is easy.  They can't even do THAT!  Surely they know someone at Walmart they could ask for stuff.

I think we may have just established that they are too lazy to even get out of the house to hit up local businesses for stuff for their mission work.

• Love 4

For the love of Pistol Pete, I agree Derick aka Pistol Pete should put his Pistol Pete ego aside and go find a job where he can support Pistol Pete, Jilly Dilly, Izzy, and baby Pistol Pete. Of course I say this will all the love of Pistol Pete in my amazing, season of life, blessed, love babe heart.

Btw, I take credit for the term For the of Love Pistol Pete. If you want to be able to use to the term, please feel free to make a small cash donation using my donation box on my For the Love of Pistol Pete website page.

11 minutes ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

I think we may have just established that they are too lazy to even get out of the house to hit up local businesses for stuff for their mission work.

The Dillards don't want "stuff for their mission work."  They want CASH.  They want cash on top of what TLC pays them, on top of what SOS pays them and on top of the two free houses they have to live in.  DONATE.

• Love 17