Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

(edited)
7 hours ago, Aja said:

It is all alarmingly bizarre for someone who spent the majority of her childhood raising "buddies". Considering the plethora of disturbing aspects of a Very Duggar Existence, Izzy and Spurgy pics don't trouble me excessively, usually. But holy hell, even childless, heathen, joyfully unavailable me is having heart palpitations at that latest one. Jill is unbelievably thick.

Well, when you think of all the times she saw kids sleeping the night on the stairs, getting their heads stuck in banisters while adults sat obliviously in the TTH lobby not caring, running on kitchen counters, being molested and having the only parental response be to ban hide-and-seek games, falling into orchestra pits only to be used as photo ops, getting lost while going to airport bathrooms on their own (at, what, age 5 or even younger), I'm thinking Jill comes by her very skewed view of child care and child dangers pretty naturally. And remember that she learned it from a multiple Mother-of-the-Year award winner and two of God's totally chosen role models for the planet! She and they must be correct!

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 19

Sadly, Churchie, I think you're right on. She learned from the best, or so she was taught to believe. Give Muffy a few more years away from Fearless Leader, and she will slowly begin to realize that Kim Jing Boob was wrong about a lot of things and that she's been fed a load of horse shit.

• Love 4

I'm eh about the danger from that picture. My brother was a climber and we have a bunch of photos of him in precarious positions, which mum would take so she could show people "you won't believe what he was climbing on this time".

Of course, this was in the 80s when the general thought seemed to be "well, if he falls that'll teach him not climb on there again.", but still, I think people overreact to far too much these days, and that's why so many kids are so damn nervous and have no sense of adventure. At least Izzy isn't afraid to go climbing around on stuff, and has some freedom of movement.

• Love 8
(edited)
1 hour ago, Churchhoney said:

Well, when you think of all the times she saw kids sleeping the night on the stairs, getting their heads stuck in banisters while adults sat obliviously in the TTH lobby not caring, running on kitchen counters, being molested and having the only parental response be to ban hide-and-seek games, falling into orchestra pits only to be used as photo ops, getting lost while going to airport bathrooms on their own (at, what, age 5 or even younger), I'm thinking Jill comes by her very skewed view of child care and child dangers pretty naturally. And remember that she learned it from a multiple Mother-of-the-Year award winner and two of God's totally chosen role models for the planet! She and they must be correct!

Omg Churchie please be a journalist! Please? Please!

Edited by Aja
  • Love 2
21 minutes ago, kalamac said:

I'm eh about the danger from that picture. My brother was a climber and we have a bunch of photos of him in precarious positions, which mum would take so she could show people "you won't believe what he was climbing on this time".

Of course, this was in the 80s when the general thought seemed to be "well, if he falls that'll teach him not climb on there again.", but still, I think people overreact to far too much these days, and that's why so many kids are so damn nervous and have no sense of adventure. At least Izzy isn't afraid to go climbing around on stuff, and has some freedom of movement.

I totally understand what you are saying. I have 5 kids and my last one is a big climber. I'm always pulling her off stuff and telling her to get down. 

But this is Jill.  This is just one of many pictures that are unsafe. It makes me feel like she has poor judgement.  Plus all the times we saw the Duggar kids unsupervised or getting injured.  One picture comes to mind...Michelle and Jim were posing for a picture and there is a baby crawling up the huge stairs in the background.  One child got her head stuck in a railing and was crying while Michelle laughed.  

One picture?  Eh, kids do crazy things.  This is a lifestyle with these people. 

• Love 8
(edited)
1 hour ago, Aja said:

Omg Churchie please be a journalist! Please? Please!

You do realize that everyone here has given up any possible claim to journalistic objectivity and even-handedness when it comes to the Duggars and their cohorts, right? !  ;  )

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 6

For the most part I do try to give them the benefit of the doubt, and was always pretty much a proponent of "benign neglect" (to a fair point) when my own kids were growing up, so there have been plenty of photos that have had a lot of people up in arms which I'm willing to defend. But for whatever reason, this one just looks far more like an accident about to happen than most of the others have.

• Love 2

A foot or so to the right, Izzy would be able to grab that electrical cord. Nothing like a sturdy cord to play with, especially when you're a toddler balanced on the edge of a stool.

I think Jill or Derrick set the scene up to have a fresh baby photo to put on their social media. Apparently, Jill and triple D have lots of time on their hands and a strong need for public attention. 

• Love 4
4 hours ago, kalamac said:

One of my brothers was a climber, an escape artist and a nudist.  He was often spotted running down the street naked.  Then again my mother was a neglectful parent.  She and Mechelle could have had quite the chuckle session over children with their heads caught in banisters or falling down stairs.  At the same time, I look at photos like this and think at least he isn't sitting quietly on a blanket with the disciplinary rod just out of frame.   

• Love 8

I've attached this link of the sort of interpretive dance that Derick and his missioncating troupe should aspire to:

This is an instrumental track and sounds more like belly dancing / film music than their typical symphonic metal performances, so no loud noise and screaming to put off the older set  The Republic of Georgia made a phenomenal dance performance video to the tune.  This is the country that brought us the dance works of George Balanchine. There is nothing offensive and all dress would be Duggar approved. 

Jillards: watch and learn!

• Love 3
8 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

a strong need for public attention. 

That should be written in Latin on the Duggar crest.

Comes of believing that the meaning of life derives from a having a mission as a godly role model to all the nations and a lifelong habit of appearing on reality tv.

• Love 11
5 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

Comes of believing that the meaning of life derives from a having a mission as a godly role model to all the nations and a lifelong habit of appearing on reality tv.

Had they gone to any other type of school, that would have been written in their report cards.

• Love 3
12 hours ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

I've attached this link of the sort of interpretive dance that Derick and his missioncating troupe should aspire to:

This is an instrumental track and sounds more like belly dancing / film music than their typical symphonic metal performances, so no loud noise and screaming to put off the older set  The Republic of Georgia made a phenomenal dance performance video to the tune.  This is the country that brought us the dance works of George Balanchine. There is nothing offensive and all dress would be Duggar approved. 

Jillards: watch and learn!

Leggy, professionally trained, supermodel dancers make all the difference, lol! Derick and Co. have their work cut out for them.

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Leggy, professionally trained, supermodel dancers make all the difference, lol! Derick and Co. have their work cut out for them.

Exactly, this performance is high art to promote tourism and/or commerce in Georgia. I believe the skyline came from Batumi, rather than Tbilisi, or it could be a melange of both. I'm surprised the video hasn't gotten more views on YouTube. Nightwish is also an amazing band...wildly talented. 

Just so I can get back on topic, I wouldn't want to give Jerick any ideas for grifting for dance lessons while infiltrating another Christian country on a a new missioncation. 

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

"operam ad publicum opus a fortis"

Everything sounds classy in Latin.

"de sorori"

"aliquid pro pecunia"

• Love 4
On 7/14/2016 at 10:30 AM, Aja said:

It is all alarmingly bizarre for someone who spent the majority of her childhood raising "buddies".

It's not all that strange when you think about it. I wouldn't expect a child raising children to know what they're doing. Would you? And I also think that mothers tend to mother the way they were mothered, and I very much doubt Michelle was much more "checked in" in the early years than she is now. Combine poor parenting with low IQ and growing up on a TV show, and this is the result.

• Love 8
16 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

A foot or so to the right, Izzy would be able to grab that electrical cord. Nothing like a sturdy cord to play with, especially when you're a toddler balanced on the edge of a stool.

I think Jill or Derrick set the scene up to have a fresh baby photo to put on their social media. Apparently, Jill and triple D have lots of time on their hands and a strong need for public attention. 

8 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

2 hours ago, JoanArc said:

"de sorori"

"aliquid pro pecunia"

Okay now when i try to make that translation on my favorite online translating engine, no matter what language I choose; Latin, Farsi, Tibetan Language of the Dead? 

All I get is: Kardashian

• Love 10
2 hours ago, JoanArc said:

"de sorori"

"aliquid pro pecunia"

"In vino veritas." 

See, in reality, all they need is a little booze to loosen their tongues! LOL

• Love 3

Thankfully, Danger America doesn't allow American adoptions, so that answer to that question is (thankfully) no.

When I first saw this, I was amazed at how big Izzy is. That little girl with him looks to be at least a year older, if not more. 

1 hour ago, louannems said:

I wonder if this is a little girl who will be bought, oops, adopted, by the Dullards?

I do hope baby Israel isn't being defrauded!

Wow, I will get any money that Izzy is much younger than this cute little girl. She looks so delicate next to him, even though I know those in Latin America of indigenous  heritage will have a smaller frame and more delicate bones.

Unless the perspective has been skewed, he's def inherited the Duggar melon head. Baby Dilly is definitely getting plenty to eat, so those toe rags are doing at least that right. I can see why the locals are fascinated by The Giant White Baby, since children his own age are much smaller.

• Love 7

Uhm, Arwen, I said all that about Giant Baby Dullard about two posts above yours. :p

Speaking of Dullards, I thought I'd throw this one in this thread. Looks like baby bro has been roadtripping in CA with his ladylove and WITHOUT chaperones. Don't tell me they have been sleeping in separate rooms! Ooooohhhh.....

• Love 4
2 hours ago, louannems said:

Looks like an American missioncationing visitor standing in the doorway of this classroom!

When I saw the mushrooms, my first thought was a line of circumsized peni!

Yeah, they do look like a penis garden...lol

The other thing that's just as obvious is that these kids look like they're bored out of their fucking minds. They are probably thinking...."Pinche gringos aborrados...no pueden hablar español...donde estan los dulces? Por favor, no mas Dum-Dums...(fucking boring gringos...they can't speak Spanish...where's the candy...please not Dum-Dums again...)

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Sew Sumi said:

Uhm, Arwen, I said all that about Giant Baby Dullard about two posts above yours. :p

Speaking of Dullards, I thought I'd throw this one in this thread. Looks like baby bro has been roadtripping in CA with his ladylove and WITHOUT chaperones. Don't tell me they have been sleeping in separate rooms! Ooooohhhh.....

He just proposed.

He was immersion baptized about a year ago, so I imagine he's probably Southern Baptist. His first girlfriend was even more "normal" looking, but they broke up sometime during the Jerick courtship. I don't think she even made the wedding. But he wasn't baptized then, so he may have been marginally religious, or not religious at all. I think Cathy's situation sucked him into the fold. 

• Love 1
(edited)

Wait, this isn't the same girl we saw glimpses of on the show? Derick and Jill have only been married a little over a year. So Dan broke up, found someone new and got engaged within that short of a time frame? I guess no grass grows under his feet, lol.

Eta: oops, my bad. I didn't realize it's been two years. That seems a little more reasonable then. They look like a nice, normal couple. Hopefully they're not lured to the dark side.

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 1
(edited)

No, this is a different girl. It's hard to say when they started dating, but Dan broke up with the girl we saw on the show not long after they taped that episode at the TTH. Don't forget, Jilly and Derelict reminded us how many fucking HOURS they'd been married a couple weeks ago (it's been two looooong years). 

eta: Dan may have been baptized more than a year ago, but it was definitely after Derick married, and before he left for Danger America. Now that I think about it, it was either later winter/early spring, so not even 18 months. And I think he met the girl afterwards, but it's hard to say for sure. Her insta isn't fire and brimstone and has some pictures of her in tank tops and Daisy Dukes, so yay?

edit 2: First pics I see of them together on either of their Instagrams are on his from Christmas. He spent it with her family, so they were obviously an established item, just not public about it. Even she, who no one really knows, didn't put up a picture of them together until around Valentine's Day. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 2

The Boy Scouts do still allow crosses, have religious services at camps, etc. Nothing is mandatory though, and so many troops are based at places of worship, the scouts are pretty accommodating if a troop wants to have prayer, give communion, host a Seder, etc. the overall organization lets troops decide for themselves, so of you want your kid at a troop that meets at a church or school or community center, etc., it's your choice.

Dan looks normal to me. He's evangelical/mainstream Baptist, which can be anything from pretty chill to stark raving fundie. 

• Love 4
22 minutes ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

Stark Raving Fundie...sounds almost like a medical diagnosis...wonder if that's actually listed in the DSM

297.1  F22  

Just kidding!!!!!

• Love 8
52 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

The Boy Scouts do still allow crosses, have religious services at camps, etc. Nothing is mandatory though, and so many troops are based at places of worship, the scouts are pretty accommodating if a troop wants to have prayer, give communion, host a Seder, etc. the overall organization lets troops decide for themselves, so of you want your kid at a troop that meets at a church or school or community center, etc., it's your choice.

Dan looks normal to me. He's evangelical/mainstream Baptist, which can be anything from pretty chill to stark raving fundie. 

So if I send my kid to this camp, can I opt him out of religious services? 

As for Dan and the fiancee, they look pretty mainstream; there is no more religious stuff on their SM than Famy, and I believe the latter does it for show and to keep her fundie "fans." Neither Dan nor the girl seem phony; I think what they post is what they truly believe and how they truly act. A far cry from the shiny, happy Dullards, Seewalds, Duggarfam, and the worst of all: Famy 

• Love 4

I won't snark on religious people if I know they are sincere or believe them to be. However, if I start to see glaring hypocrisy, then the snark is on. The Duggars seemed nice until they started to show their true colors. The Maxwells are as boring as hell and really up there on the crazy meter, but I have to give them chops for their sincerity even though their way of life is not for me by any stretch of the imagination.

• Love 4
19 minutes ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

I won't snark on religious people if I know they are sincere or believe them to be. However, if I start to see glaring hypocrisy, then the snark is on. The Duggars seemed nice until they started to show their true colors. The Maxwells are as boring as hell and really up there on the crazy meter, but I have to give them chops for their sincerity even though their way of life is not for me by any stretch of the imagination.

This is why Cathy Dillard Byrum has moved to my "snark" ledger. She left twitter in a huff when she couldn't handle the heat earlier this week. She failed to acknowledge that back-alley abortions were a reality when she was conceived and could be a thing again if people like her choose to continue to disregard the Constitution. Her denial was epic, and when she realized she was losing the debate, took her marbles and went home like a petulant four year-old. 

• Love 17
1 hour ago, Sew Sumi said:

So if I send my kid to this camp, can I opt him out of religious services? 

As for Dan and the fiancee, they look pretty mainstream; there is no more religious stuff on their SM than Famy, and I believe the latter does it for show and to keep her fundie "fans." Neither Dan nor the girl seem phony; I think what they post is what they truly believe and how they truly act. A far cry from the shiny, happy Dullards, Seewalds, Duggarfam, and the worst of all: Famy 

Yes. They'd have to opt in, more than they'd chose to opt out, if that makes sense. We have some relatives who went to the Boy Scouts world summit jamboree whatever last summer. Something like 100,000 scouts from around the world. Our cousins kids' participated in mass on Sundays with their troop, which is based from their catholic school. They said there were people from all walks of life there and nobody is forced to participate in anything or even be around anything they didn't want to do whether that was archery or bike riding or troop let bible study. 

• Love 1