Type keyword(s) to search

Jessa, Ben and Their Brood: Making a (Diaper) Mountain out of a Mold House

Message added by Scarlett45

The Duggars post about politics on social media frequently, but these social media posts are not an invitation to discuss politics here in this forum. This rule extends to Duggar adjacent families, friends, associates etc. Such discussions are a violation of the Politics Policy. 

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss certain social media postings of those in the Duggar realm as they relate to politics- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

• Start Topic

15 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Jessa's message to Jim Bob (it's looooong!)

http://www.theseewaldfamily.com/2017/6/happy-father-s-day-dad

Jessa's description of JB bible story time is gag worthy.  The children were on the edges of their seats. They were dying from the suspense - begging daddy to finish the story.  

It sounds like total BS.  But then I remember these are the children with no TV, no radio, books or stimulating toys.  The girls are locked in their bedroom at night, and under a zombie's supervision during the day.   

I think I believe it. 

• Love 6
22 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

Jessa's description of JB bible story time is gag worthy.  The children were on the edges of their seats. They were dying from the suspense - begging daddy to finish the story.  

It sounds like total BS.  But then I remember these are the children with no TV, no radio, books or stimulating toys.  The girls are locked in their bedroom at night, and under a zombie's supervision during the day.   

I think I believe it. 

I'm calling bullshit. For you see we have witnessed such Bible times on the TV and no one, not one was sitting on the edge of a seat unless they were trying to escape.

Nice try Jessa. Next time pictures or it didn't happen.

• Love 16

Question re: Ben, Derick, JereME.  @Sew Sumi  because I know you know this! 

Jeremy- College degree:  business?   Career:  ex soccer player, now a minister specializing in youtube sermons

Derick- College degree: accounting    Career:  Missionary on vacation

Ben- Attending College to major in something ministry related?   Career plan: minister/ministry

So Ben is the only one who will have some training as an actual minister? If that's the case, then I'm gonna give Ben some credit here for having a plan and trying to follow through with it. 

• Love 11
40 minutes ago, Marigold said:

Jeremy- College degree:  business?   Career:  ex soccer player, now a minister specializing in youtube sermons

Ben- Attending College to major in something ministry related?   Career plan: minister/ministry

So Ben is the only one who will have some training as an actual minister? If that's the case, then I'm gonna give Ben some credit here for having a plan and trying to follow through with it. 

Derick's degree was in Business Administration with an emphasis on Accounting and Economics.  He claims that he has been taking online courses at Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary since 2014. 

Jeremy graduated from Hartwick College in May, 2010, with a degree in Business Administration.  Then he enrolled in the Martin J. Whitman School of Management at Syracuse University.

• Love 2
(edited)

@Mollie

Thanks!

So only Ben is actually studying to be a minister, of some sort.  

Derick is trained to account for the money from donations and grifting.  He is certainly using his education!     I don't believe Derick is taking any classes anywhere.  Over the past year or two, he has looked too ill/high/nuts to be taking classes anywhere.

Jeremy has a business plan for himself.  It's called "jinger Duggar, TLC and youtube"  Nice to see he is using his education also. 

Edited by Marigold
  • Love 6
15 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

Well, from this -- 

"The BSML is designed to provide a theological and practical foundation for ministry through courses in ministry leadership, congregational dynamics, leadership development, and ministry practice.  

"The BSML is created for students who: 

"want to pursue academic goals and keep commitments to family, work and church

"are actively involved in the local church, parachruch and other Christian organizations"

...it looks to me as if this is a degree for people who are not only working stiffs but are working stiffs who are also doing a lot of work in some church or "parachruch" (I hate being picky about typos, but seriously, people, you're an institution of higher learning...) or the like....

Anyway -- looks to me as if it might be a somewhat lighter program academically because they intend it mainly for people who are too damn busy with actual work to do more and who also have a certain level of ministry-type work experience already  and possibly even some prior ministry-type education. 

As far as I know, none of that applies to Bin, however. Is he "actively involved" in some church or Christian organization that we don't know about? ... Or is he thinking of the TTH TeeVee Ministry as his ministerial gig that qualifies him for the program? (my guess is yes) 

Am I missing something? 

According to Ben's bio at the recent convention, "Ben enjoys writing, blogging, and interviewing people on diverse theological topics for his video channel."  That is, when he is not scrubbing toilets and mowing lawns for Jim Bob.

• Love 5
10 minutes ago, Marigold said:

@Mollie

Thanks!

So only Ben is actually studying to be a minister, of some sort.   

Many if not most employers do not consider an online degree to have the same credibility as actual attendance at a college or university.  It's definitely not the same experience.

According to Derick's Facebook, he quit taking courses at Baptist Theological Seminary in December, 2016.  

• Love 4
1 minute ago, Mollie said:

Many if not most employers do not consider an online degree to have the same credibility as actual attendance at a college or university.  It's definitely not the same experience.

According to Derick's Facebook, he quit taking courses at Baptist Theological Seminary in December, 2016.  

Oh absolutely!  I'm not a fan of online courses at all.  

But, at the very least, Ben has some type of a plan.  These are Duggars so the bar is set very low.  But technically, Ben will have better ministry training than the soccer star and the missioncationer.  

I find that snarkily amusing! 

• Love 10
(edited)
1 hour ago, Marigold said:

Derick has taken some seminary courses, apparently. 

Jer probably figured he inherited everything he needs. lol 

Actually, though, when I think of the context these guys are living in -- i.e., Duggardom -- I feel like giving all of them some props, because they do seem to read books, have a little education under their belts at least, spend some time thinking about what they're going to sermonize about before they just spill it all out, and so on.  Compared to the rest of the world, it's shoddy, of course. But compared to the universe that they've now moved into, it pretty much qualifies all of them for the Princeton Institute for Advanced Studies. I honestly don't believe that any Duggars except for each one's wife, is likely to give any of them credit for their reading and studying and trying to think, and so on. They really are living in an environment that's hostile to all of this. Where rote memorization is as far as studying EVER goes. Where thinking before you speak isn't necessary because you only spout the old party-line phrases you've heard used 50 gazillion times. And while these three all inadvertently have a lot of the parrot in them as well, each one is trying, at least a little bit, to be more than that.  So I can't write them off completely, despite their very poor showing compared to many other people with the same aspirations. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, Marigold said:

Oh absolutely!  I'm not a fan of online courses at all.  

But, at the very least, Ben has some type of a plan.  These are Duggars so the bar is set very low.  But technically, Ben will have better ministry training than the soccer star and the missioncationer.  

I find that snarkily amusing! 

Well, don't get too excited just yet.  Ben has to take three semesters of Greek or Hebrew.  Good luck with that, Ben!

אִישׁ-בַּעַר, לֹא יֵדָע;    וּכְסִיל, לֹא-יָבִין אֶת-זֹאת.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Mollie said:

Well, don't get too excited just yet.  Ben has to take three semesters of Greek or Hebrew.  Good luck with that, Ben!

אִישׁ-בַּעַר, לֹא יֵדָע;    וּכְסִיל, לֹא-יָבִין אֶת-זֹאת.

Jill can tape index cards all over the Mold House, like she did when they pretended to learn Spanish years ago. 

• Love 7
(edited)

If they want get into the church business,  Derrick could do the books, Jermery could be senior pastor and Ben could be associate pastor.  Then just add random Duggar kid or in law as needed. But that would require Babe and Jinger to move to Springdale.  From what  I gather,  Jeremy's got no time for that.

Edited by mzskyhawk00
  • Love 9

It will be interesting to see if the next house that Ben and Jessa live in is a "Duggar-associated property".

I noticed in Spurge's birthday episode that it was MICHELLE who was holding Spurgie for the grandma photo. It was nice of them to let Guinn in the photo at all. Michelle sees Spurge almost every day; Guinn, not so much. It would have BEEN THE CHRISTIANLY KIND THING TO DO if Michelle would have offered Spurge to his Grandma Seewald to hold for the photo. Michelle really is all about herself....just like Jilly's baby sprinkle photo, she's up in front and you can hardly see Cathy in the dark background. What a piece of work.....they talk about modesty and J.O.Y?.... "Alice" was right again as the Duggar parents are very good liars.

• Love 15
On 6/19/2017 at 6:29 PM, Sew Sumi said:

Isn't that Ben in his wedding suit in his bio pic? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

http://evangelismreformation.com/

And I think his bio also revealed his "job," such as an internship can be for those lucky enough not to need a position that actually pays real money. 

Voddie and Scottie Brown are just vile. I don't know anything about the rest of these characters. 

He looks like a big ole dweeb in that picture.

• Love 6
19 minutes ago, toodles said:

He looks like a big ole dweeb in that picture.

His wedding suit did not age well.  It was very "pinteresty" 3 years ago, looked stupid then and looks stupider now.

Sometimes classic is best for big occasions. 

• Love 14
12 minutes ago, Marigold said:

His wedding suit did not age well.  It was very "pinteresty" 3 years ago, looked stupid then and looks stupider now.

Sometimes classic is best for big occasions. 

Just ugh.  That stupid bow tie has got to go.

And another thing.  Since when did Bin have a video ministry?  I remember a couple of videos he posted awhile ago, but is that a ministry?

• Love 5
1 hour ago, toodles said:

Just ugh.  That stupid bow tie has got to go.

And another thing.  Since when did Bin have a video ministry?  I remember a couple of videos he posted awhile ago, but is that a ministry?

The only videos I can recall are 

1. Jinger giving her boring testimony 

2. Ben interviewing some Mormon "expert" who had his facts wrong.

A blog? It makes it sound like he has some amazing spiritual insights and is followed by thousands.  It's the  "family blog" where they post pictures of Spurgie crawling.  Uh, I do that with my kids.  Not quite putting that on a resume. 

• Love 5
(edited)

He interviewed JereME (kadooz - tm Ramona Singer - to whoever is responsible for that) in July '15, long before Jer asked Boob to "get to know" Jinger. Jeremy didn't get "ordained" until 3/16, amIrite? At any rate, he has a few videos posted on Jessa's YouTube channel. Flame seems to be more prominent than any other interviewee. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
(edited)
11 hours ago, toodles said:

Everything a Duggar or Duggar adjacent does is a ministry. 

Simply by virtue of the fact that they're the ones doing it. 

Pretty sure that's the definition they go on. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 15
10 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

He interviewed JereME (kadooz - tm Ramona Singer - to whoever is responsible for that) in July '15, long before Jer asked Boob to "get to know" Jinger. Jeremy didn't get "ordained" until 3/16, amIrite? At any rate, he has a few videos posted on Jessa's YouTube channel. Flame seems to be more prominent than any other interviewee. 

Probably because Flame is the most articulate, ? 

• Love 3
18 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

The former employee is back

So, now they're allegedly fighting over Calvinism? Now Baby #3 is gonna be named Calvin Gothard Seewald!

As if either Bin-of-Little-Brain or Dim Bulb is smart or informed enough to have any kind of actual conversation -- argumentative or not -- about theology. Neither one is anything but a parrot, despite their pretensions. BOLB has proven completely incapable of defending any of his "theological" pronouncements in social media, as I recall. And I doubt Dim Bulb could correctly define "predestination" if you put a gun to his head.

Plus, I highly doubt that Dim Bulb cares. All he is is an egomaniac. If -- as this piece of exceptionally boring piece of complete fiction claims -- they did happen to be fighting, it'd just be over that. I expect that possible dents to his supersized ego are pretty much all Dim Bulb ever fights over. Unless he thinks you're getting away with some of his money, of course. 

• Love 6
(edited)
38 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

The former employee is back

So, now they're allegedly fighting over Calvinism? Now Baby #3 is gonna be named Calvin Gothard Seewald!

My goodness, anyone else think that we are the "insider source"? It seems if we have a lengthy discussion about any topic it ends up as a tabloid article.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Love 11
(edited)
3 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

My goodness, anyone else think that we are the "insider source"? It seems if we have a lengthy discussion about any topic it ends up as a tabloid article.

I'm sure we are. Between us, Free Jinger and other forums, all of these cheap phony lying "news" sources are stealing from online posters daily, I expect.  ... Note that the "reporter" clearly doesn't know squat about "Calvinism" or about Jizm Bob's beliefs or whatever and pads out this "article' with everything else under the sun, also vaguely rendered. And clearly looked up "Calvin" in Wikipedia to come up with "predestination." It's the Internet echo chamber at its finest. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 8
Just now, Churchhoney said:

I'm sure we are. Between us, Free Jinger and other forums, all of these cheap phony lying "news" sources are stealing from online posters daily, I expect.  ... Note that the "reporter" clearly doesn't know squat about "Calvinism" or about Jizm Bob's beliefs or whatever. And clearly looked up "Calvin" in Wikipedia to come up with "predestination." It's the Internet echo chamber at its finest. 

There is one way to find out...Post some really crazy stuff as fact and see who runs with it.  These mags need to try harder.

• Love 5
1 minute ago, Natalie68 said:

There is one way to find out...Post some really crazy stuff as fact and see who runs with it.  These mags need to try harder.

I tried, they didn't bite with Churchie ruining the Ark Encounter ticket sales.

• Love 12

The idea that Jim Bob is experiencing some kind of theological crisis over a particular narrow aspect of Ben's religious beliefs is for to LAFF! 

Now an argument about whether to swirl the brush clockwise or counterclockwise when scrubbing a toilet bowl ... that I could see causing some drama. 

• Love 12
2 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

Just to toot my own horn, I think I'm the one that started the recent posts about Calvinism. I have another confession....I actually know the Duggars. Biblically. I've been meeting Jim Bob in a Little Rock hotel room for years.  I don't want to say too much about what goes on, but let's just say…he wears a dress and gets pegged. And loves it.

Ok tabloids, take it away...

Too funny. Or way too effed up. LOL

• Love 2
1 minute ago, JoanArc said:

Just to toot my own horn, I think I'm the one that started the recent posts about Calvinism. I have another confession....I actually know the Duggars. Biblically. I've been meeting Jim Bob in a Little Rock hotel room for years.  I don't want to say too much about what goes on, but let's just say…he wears a dress and gets pegged. And loves it.

When I'm behind on the threads, I tend to start with the most recent post and work backwards. I damn near just choked on my Diet Pepsi while reading this.

• Love 5
13 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

I have another confession....I actually know the Duggars. Biblically. I've been meeting Jim Bob in a Little Rock hotel room for years.  I don't want to say too much about what goes on, but let's just say…he wears a dress and gets pegged. And loves it.

5 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Confession - I'm Grandma Mary! You posters have the family pegged. Fuck them and their laundry. And Jessa wets the bed.

I take it you don't mean "pegged" the same way Joan of Arc meant "pegged" ... 

• Love 13
9 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

Oh I do know that is true!  I was spying and have the vid to prove it.  I know how you are JoanArc.  Have you told them about some of Jim Bobs um, requests?  Yes I could hear him asking.  Duh, I had a glass up to the wall!

4 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Confession - I'm Grandma Mary! You posters have the family pegged. Fuck them and their laundry. And Jessa wets the bed.

I damn near spit out my drink!  

• Love 5
(edited)

You were at work?  As in like "a job outside the home" work?  

Oh, this simply will not fly, @Gee Golly!  I need you at home not cooking and not cleaning and not doing the laundry and not watching our kids just like Michelle Duggar doesn't do!  

Who is going to not do things if you are not there to not do them ?!?!?!?!!!!

Edited by Celia Rubenstein
  • Love 13
6 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

You were at work?  As in like "a job outside the home" work?  

Oh, this simply will not fly, @Gee Golly!  I need you at home not cooking and not cleaning and not doing the laundry and not watching our kids just like Michelle Duggar doesn't do!  

Who is going to not do things if you are not there to not do them ?!?!?!?!!!!

Satan built a fortress in my heart. I have all these feelings of needing to pay bills, buy groceries and snark on PTV. Will you and the others please forgive me? In the mean time I will try and hone my grifting skills. I've seen it once or twice on Counting On, so I'm close to being an expert. I will start with figuring out a good place to appeal to the public to DONATE. I know, how about on our gift registry? 

I'm looking forward to this grifting season of life with you @Celia Rubenstein.

• Love 12
41 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

And he's also two-timing you with that young fundie woman who's hoping to conceive a child with Jizm Bob that she and her parents can then secretly raise for the greater (secret) glory of Jizm Bob as the much-sought-after 20th Duggar? Wow! 

Jizm Bob sure knows how to have his kinky cake and eat it, too! 

• Love 7
57 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

Just to toot my own horn, I think I'm the one that started but let's just say…he wears a dress and gets pegged. And loves it.

Am I the only geezer who had to Google "gets pegged?"

Oh my..learn something new everyday!

• Love 3
2 hours ago, JoanArc said:

Marry me, Joan!

• Love 2
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

Satan built a fortress in my heart

I think he's Jim Bob's former contractor too! So grandma, who was Alice? Spurned lover?

1 hour ago, Churchhoney said:

And he's also two-timing you with that young fundie woman who's hoping to conceive a child with Jizm Bob that she and her parents can then secretly raise for the greater (secret) glory of Jizm Bob as the much-sought-after 20th Duggar? Wow! 

Um, it's not cheating if we're all in the same room, sweetie. We tip the cleaning staff well.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Satan built a fortress in my heart. I have all these feelings of needing to pay bills, buy groceries and snark on PTV. Will you and the others please forgive me? In the mean time I will try and hone my grifting skills. I've seen it once or twice on Counting On, so I'm close to being an expert. I will start with figuring out a good place to appeal to the public to DONATE. I know, how about on our gift registry? 

I'm looking forward to this grifting season of life with you @Celia Rubenstein.

Here's the thing. I have been sewing modesty panels in 60 bridesmaid's dresses. Get rid of the fortress in your heart and obey your headship!

• Love 9
2 minutes ago, Westiepeach said:

Here's the thing. I have been sewing modesty panels in 60 bridesmaid's dresses. Get rid of the fortress in your heart and obey your headship!

Oh my thank you so much. And yes ma'am. 

I think maybe @Celia Rubenstein and Jesus are testing me. I hope I don't fail. I'm only on #2 of the potential mate questionnaire. 

• Love 6