Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E24: Cuffs And Links

• Start Topic

Andrea is huuuugggeee! In the real world, if she were that size at that supposed point in her pregnancy, she'd be in the hospital.

I feel like in the real world she'd be dead because the alien gestating inside of her would have burst forth by this point. 

I can't believe there are still eight episodes left in this season, even though I admit I'm looking forward to the "Uh, we ran out of story ideas, so let's just have Brenda imagine it's the '60s," episode. 

Edited by txhorns79
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4

I had totally forgotten that the actor who plays Rush is also the FAKE Edward Quartermaine they had on GH for a year or two, who was there during Lila's funeral.

In other news...do we never see Rocky II again? I don't really remember him being around.

Edited by TeeVee329

Seriously, how did Brandon avoid getting beat up by, like, every person who crossed his path?

Dylan and Kelly so hate each other. But I feel like I might rather they keep sniping at each other than have to deal with glorious golden couple of Brandon and Kelly. Well until the fire and the cult and the stalking and the drugs and such bring Kelly down a bit.

Brenda does look REALLY good this episode. 

• Love 1

Whoever wrote this article neglected to realize the fact that Brenda, Kelly and Donna are all vegetarians.....And even moreso to prove my point Andrea comes outside after Brenda and Kelly makes up to tell Brenda shes ordered her a veggie burger .

4 minutes ago, DeeMcK said:

Whoever wrote this article neglected to realize the fact that Brenda, Kelly and Donna are all vegetarians.....And even moreso to prove my point Andrea comes outside after Brenda and Kelly makes up to tell Brenda shes ordered her a veggie burger .

We covered the veggie burger moment on the podcast; Brenda reacts as though she's not sure she actually is a vegetarian since the thought of a veggie burger seems to gross her out. Doherty, Garth, and Spelling might all be vegetarians, but that hasn't been established on the show.

• Love 4

Doherty, Garth, and Spelling might all be vegetarians, but that hasn't been established on the show.

The way Donna is written half the time, I feel like her character would think being a vegetarian meant eating an extra helping of vegetables with her steak. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

Jed Allen (Rush Sanders) was CC Capwell on Santa Barbara, the patriarch. Mason was his son. And he was a magnificent bastard on that show too.

Robin Wright was also on that show. How I loved it! It was on late enough in the afternoon that I could watch it after school, back before VCRs, or maybe (probably) before I was old enough to watch such trash.

I will defend 2 things. One of them shows how horrible of a human being I kind of am.

1. Golf is amazing. It's like sacred. That is a sport where cheating is like the worst. It's like the Brandon of golfing. Also lol Barry Bonds.

2.  I would make that prison joke to my sibling. She would do the same. It's just sibling banter. It is kind of horrible actually but hey I would make that joke. It's not like she killed anyone or attempted to. 

• Love 1
22 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

I had totally forgotten that the actor who plays Rush is also the FAKE Edward Quartermaine they had on GH for a year or two, who was there during Lila's funeral.

In other news...do we never see Rocky II again? I don't really remember him being around.

Yeah for the rest of the season. Then once in Season 5. That episode when Claire and David make that sex tape. Rocky II lives with Donna's parents. 

Two notes on casting: I always thought they did a great job in casting Steve's dad, as they look like father and son. And what a coup for the show to get a pre-Hamilton Lin-Manuel Miranda as undercover FBI dude Jonathan.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

What was the casting call for Steve's dad?

"Recurring role for older male Caucasian mushmouth with poofy hair. You should have an upscale wardrobe with golf shirts with turned up collars and Cosby sweaters/sweater vests. Character will be a dick."

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

Barry Bonds is back to looking like a normal human- he's still bald, but he's skinny and he smiles.

Also, I like that Barry's character's name is still Barry. Like a different name was too much for him to play.

• Love 3
13 hours ago, Pogojoco said:

Also, BRANDON GOT ARRESTED, TOO, JIM. FOR CRASHING HIS CAR WHILE DRUNK.

Which is still pretty much the worst thing you can do as a human being. Brenda got caught up in protecting animals. At no point did she endanger innocent lives, BRANDON. And they still harp on her over that stupid Baja thing with Dylan. But Brandon drinking, driving, crashing his car is never brought up again. No wonder she went to London and never talked to any of these fucks again.

• Love 3
On 8/2/2016 at 4:15 PM, Cekrypton1 said:

Two notes on casting: I always thought they did a great job in casting Steve's dad, as they look like father and son. And what a coup for the show to get a pre-Hamilton Lin-Manuel Miranda as undercover FBI dude Jonathan.

They did a great job with the parents. Kelly and her mom look like they could actually be related. Can't tell if you are joking about Lin-Manuel Miranda, but that's not him, he would have been like 13 at this time. Youth is wasted on the young.

The only casting I can't understand was Donna's family.  Isn't Dr. Martin also the father of Gina, who is Felice's sister? I'm not sure how you explain the gene pool differences between the two, but wow!

Ok, so let's pretend nothing from season one counts like their first junior year, at least they could mention Brandon being on U4EA.  Didn't the parents read any parenting books? You don't pain these broad brush comparisons of kids, especially twins. 

• Love 2

When Brenda is being booked, you can see her Social Security Number on the wristband. There is no way Brenda's SSN would start with "564". That's a California SSN. And, you know Jimbo registered those kids the second they were born. Lazy writers. 

• Love 3
On 8/1/2016 at 9:04 AM, TeeVee329 said:

Sorry for the very late reply.  But Ray and Donna walk Rocky II when visiting her parents.  It's some time before Ray slaps her.  Ray starts to sing and Rocky really wants to bite him.  And Rocky is really A LOT bigger.

Edited by Frankie90210
  • Love 1
On 8/1/2016 at 12:52 PM, KateeBar said:

Seriously, how did Brandon avoid getting beat up by, like, every person who crossed his path?

Brenda should have punched out Brandon after he asked her about the food in prison.

Brandon was in jail for a DUI in the first season.

Brandon was rude to Lucinda to imply that she slept with someone to get the film grant.

I don't understand why Josh the newspaper editor needed Brandon's support to run for student body president.

• Love 1
On 8/1/2016 at 11:36 AM, Tara Ariano said:

We covered the veggie burger moment on the podcast; Brenda reacts as though she's not sure she actually is a vegetarian since the thought of a veggie burger seems to gross her out. Doherty, Garth, and Spelling might all be vegetarians, but that hasn't been established on the show.

In a later season, Kelly calls herself a vegetarian I believe but she's actually pesca, because she gets that Lobster Newburg with someone and doesn't it make her sick? Think it was a random guy, not main boyfriend. I can remember the randomness of Lobster Newburg, but not the guy she eats it with!

The lobster guy was Mark, I think. He’s the guy she said was the perfect combo of Brandon & Dylan, the only 2 guys she’s ever loved (at the age of 22). They broke up because Brandon got some scholarship that Mark had applied for. Dreyer, maybe? Kelly was happy for Brandon, which Mark threw a fit about, or something angsty like that.

However, that breakup brought us 1 of Kelly’s best-ever lines, paraphrased, because, 25 years is a long time to remember a tv show quote verbatim: “you’re  in such a hurry to make money, here’s a tip for you. Every time the phone rings, bet someone that it’s not me. You’ll be right every time.”

• Love 2
On 9/16/2022 at 8:09 AM, nkotb said:

The lobster guy was Mark, I think. He’s the guy she said was the perfect combo of Brandon & Dylan, the only 2 guys she’s ever loved (at the age of 22). They broke up because Brandon got some scholarship that Mark had applied for. Dreyer, maybe? Kelly was happy for Brandon, which Mark threw a fit about, or something angsty like that.

However, that breakup brought us 1 of Kelly’s best-ever lines, paraphrased, because, 25 years is a long time to remember a tv show quote verbatim: “you’re  in such a hurry to make money, here’s a tip for you. Every time the phone rings, bet someone that it’s not me. You’ll be right every time.”

On 9/16/2022 at 12:05 PM, Judi Sunshine said:

Ohhhh that is a good line!

That was one of my favorite Kelly lines. 

• Love 2