Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 06/27/2016

Jaded
  • Start Topic

Of course I was already looking forward to her, but I'm glad Jordin took part in Topics since I remember the last time she was there she only advertised some medication? I think she came to the table with a similar vibe to Sara Haines, with a little nervousness. I'd love love love for her to replace Raven, and appear on Friday's and other random days. Her being classy and sweet every week would be the perfect antidote to Raven's arrogant stupidity and bitchy narcissism this past year.

Whoopi gave us yet another diatribe out of her Enlightened Relationship Book during the discussion on "love potions".... She is so exhausting. And the interview with Jackson was excruciating. She really laid it on thick--talking more and laughing louder than every else. I don't think either he or Jordin watch Whoopi on The View; they seemed to still have that awe that Viewers probably had ten years ago before they saw the daily monstrosity she is on here.

• Love 9
(edited)
1 hour ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Of course I was already looking forward to her, but I'm glad Jordin took part in Topics since I remember the last time she was there she only advertised some medication? I think she came to the table with a similar vibe to Sara Haines, with a little nervousness. I'd love love love for her to replace Raven, and appear on Friday's and other random days. Her being classy and sweet every week would be the perfect antidote to Raven's arrogant stupidity and bitchy narcissism this past year.

Whoopi gave us yet another diatribe out of her Enlightened Relationship Book during the discussion on "love potions".... She is so exhausting. And the interview with Jackson was excruciating. She really laid it on thick--talking more and laughing louder than every else. I don't think either he or Jordin watch Whoopi on The View; they seemed to still have that awe that Viewers probably had ten years ago before they saw the daily monstrosity she is on here.

My bold.  Back in the days when I watched Kathie Lee & Hoda, Sara was a regular on that show presenting trivia & Hollywood news items.  I enjoyed her easy-going style & sense of humor.  She's much the same person now, but a tad timid unless she really knows what she's talking about (unlike Paula).  I think she contributes to conversations based on personal knowledge & the discussions involving larger than average boobs would certainly be in her wheelhouse.  I don't think she brags about them, much like Aisha on The Talk, she tries to minimize hers, but when the subject comes up they both have something to say.  From what I've seen, she doesn't talk unless she is really contributing & when she does, IMHO, she's far from an airhead.  She seems like a kind, sweet & sensitive young woman that is trying to make a living surrounded by "A-types" & bitches.  Just sayin'.

Edited by Medicine Crow
punctuation is a good thing!!
  • Love 16

I'm not put off by the boobs talk either, but I don't like that she seems to be so eager to please. Wasn't she the first one to interrupt Whoopi after commercial break to interject with the awkward 'Sage Whoopi Quotes?' At some point, don't you tell your bosses this is a really bad idea and I'm not doing it? Maybe that's why they never approached Joy about participating.

• Love 1
(edited)
9 minutes ago, merriebreeze said:

I'm not put off by the boobs talk either, but I don't like that she seems to be so eager to please. Wasn't she the first one to interrupt Whoopi after commercial break to interject with the awkward 'Sage Whoopi Quotes?' At some point, don't you tell your bosses this is a really bad idea and I'm not doing it? Maybe that's why they never approached Joy about participating.

I don't think she did it of her own accord ... someone told her to do it.  (Maybe she not in the financial position to "take a stand" as you suggest.)

Edited by Medicine Crow
It's always good to close a bracket!!
  • Love 7

Why does Sara feel the need to constantly mention the size of her rack? I'm sick of hearing about it.   She manages to work the phrase  "because I've always been so big on top" into every conversation even remotely related to the human body or self image or fashion.  Jeez.  And her breasts don't even look all that big to me.  If you want to see someone who is "big on top" check out Sherri Shepherd, Sara.  Then give it a rest, okay? 

Who knows? I will never understand why they added airhead Sara Haines to this show. She is making Michelle seem much better.

• Love 2

I never saw Sara on Kathy and Hoda, or GMA, but I actually like her a lot. I like her cheerfulness and I also think I can see her wheels turning when someone is speaking and she responds. I like that.

I was always slim but busty until my forties......some women embrace it. I never did. Plus - since I am a senior now - I can remember having a hard time buying dresses back then. Plus they didn't have tops and bottoms for 2 piece bathing suits way back then. Or sports bras because I loved saying I would slap myself silly if I jogged......back in the early 80's. 

Whatever - I will take Sara any day over Candace, Raven, Jedi, Paula and especially Whoopi. LOL, and .......sigh.

• Love 14

I always dread when actually celebrity comes onto the show because :

A) The show is so happy to book one they overhype it 

B) They fawn over Whoopi (seriously are we the only section that sees through her BS? Everyone who has worked with her loves her except RO)

C) The show inevitably bungles the interview and whatever they come in to promote is an afterthought 

Thank goodness they rarely get big guests! I prefer the Hot Topics over them. 

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, rcc said:

Who let the dogs out and why the hell is Whoopi there on a Friday!

I'm guessing this episode may have been taped earlier in the week. I wasn't planning on watching but I wanted to see the dogs that were going to be on. I'm more of a cat person though.

• Love 1

I tuned in late & Whoopi was saying that we were going to meet the man that "has Bear", the dog she adopted & I guess gave up???  He never appeared, or did he?  (I'm flipping back & forth to tennis getting rained out.)

• Love 2

Okay, if I were there, I wouldn't be able to resist those doggies! I would keep running up to snuggle ad kiss! I've only seen the two brothers? pals? and Koda. 

I'm sooo glad I'm going to Joirsey this weekend. I'll be reuniting with my "grandnephew" Ralphie. He's five, and the most boootiful...Huskie you will evah see! Lots of kissies and tummy rubbing and playing for me!

• Love 3

I hope Sunny will adopt one of today's dogs.  She said she lost her dog in the last few months and still hasn't been able to put the dog's bowls away.  The best way to honor a lost dog is to give a homeless dog a home.  It does you both good.  I wanted to hear the Bear story too!  I listed to Kelly Osborne for Christ sakes.  They owed me that!

• Love 7

I hope Sunny will adopt one of today's dogs.  She said she lost her dog in the last few months and still hasn't been able to put the dog's bowls away.  The best way to honor a lost dog is to give a homeless dog a home.  It does you both good.

She would have made points with me if she did adopt a dog but she posted this on Twitter

"Sunny Hostin ‏@sunny 4h4 hours ago

I'm not sure I'm ready to adopt a dog again. But soon."

15 minutes ago, Vinyasa said:

She would have made points with me if she did adopt a dog but she posted this on Twitter

"Sunny Hostin ‏@sunny 4h4 hours ago

I'm not sure I'm ready to adopt a dog again. But soon."

I can understand. I lost my 13 year old Airedale in February. I'm not quite ready yet. 

• Love 5

It's a shame she's not ready.  She also has to take her kids and her husband into consideration.  Hopefully when they're all ready, they adopt.  Unfortunately, there's never a shortage.  Sorry for your loss, MischaMouse.  

• Love 3
(edited)

Is there no thread for this week's shows because they are all re-runs?

I just wanted to say that I am so glad the news about Hillary Clinton not facing charges for the email thing broke this week when there are no live shows so I don't have to listen to Paula bitch about it.  She must be really disappointed, lol.  Not only is Hillary off the hook, Paula doesn't have The View platform to use to complain about it.  Too bad!  But I am sure she is making little notes about the decision so she can come back and have her say about how unfair it all is. No way will she let it go uncommented upon. 

I do wish I could have heard Paula discuss Donald Trump's retweet of that Hillary Clinton/Star of David image, though.  I imagine she would attempt to defend it somehow. I would have liked to see her try to do it with a straight face.  Maybe she would know better than to even try.  I hope so, for her sake.  Joy would eat her for lunch. 

Edited by Celia Rubenstein
  • Love 4
On 6/30/2016 at 8:10 PM, geekburger said:

I always dread when actually celebrity comes onto the show because :

A) The show is so happy to book one they overhype it 

B) They fawn over Whoopi (seriously are we the only section that sees through her BS? Everyone who has worked with her loves her except RO)

C) The show inevitably bungles the interview and whatever they come in to promote is an afterthought 

Thank goodness they rarely get big guests! I prefer the Hot Topics over them. 

My Bold.  Joy is the one person that's worked with her the longest and she doesn't seem so enamored by the Great Whoopi Goldberg, LOL. 

But I know what you mean.  I still maintain that the rare A-List guest that comes on here, people like Samuel L. Jackson do not watch The View.  Ever.  But because she's been around so long many people have a good story about working with her and are encouraged to tell it.   Blech.  

• Love 1