Type keyword(s) to search

Season 18 Live Feed Discussion: Their Lives are Almost as Boring as Ours!

• Start Topic

13 hours ago, wings707 said:

In the earlier seasons the HGs had more to do and older ages of HGs was key.  There were food comps to win the weeks groceries.  This is a  small change (and there are more) but played a significant a part in the bigger picture.  The twists have diluted the game play.  

I would love to see a rule stating you may not inform the one to be evicted that they are going.  There are ways to get this across subtlety, of course, but a blindside could be chalked up to following the rules and maybe we would get more of them with less angst.  

We can blame Robyn Kass for this group.  Here is hoping next season with a new casting director will be better. 

I remember during Survivor All-Stars people on the TWOP boards were going nuts when Lex went and told people he was going to vote them out.  I am on the fence about not being able to tell someone as I can see the pros and cons of it.  That being said if I were playing the game I would want to know beforehand if I was getting voted out.

BB just called out Paul for not washing his hands after leaving the bathroom.  Apparently this is the second time they've done it.

This was the highlight of an hour's worth of feeds.  Sigh.

Edited by LordBowen
  • Love 3

Michelle's head is so going to EXPLODE when she has to choose between Paul & Nic. Her worst nightmare. Can't wait. They need to have a camera on her face if/when James comes out after being evicted and realizing she has to make that decision. Haha. 

Edited by SiobhanJW
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, Nashville said:

Nicole drunk is even more annoying than Nicole sober.  Color me surprised; I didn't think that was possible.

Now see what you have done here.  I have been BBAD and feed free for 3 days and now I have to watch.  

Edited by wings707

I think I like drunk Nicole.  All three are talking in BY.  James says Victoria is a friend, she calls me all the time.  Paul: Really???!  Nicole: She calls everyone.  LMAO.  Zing.  

Edited by wings707
  • Love 1

Reading on Jokers that Nicole is having a hard time thinking of taking James. She said James never really had her back. Am I crazy here. The guy defended her the whole season. She just doesn't get it. I believe Natalie and Michelle told Nicole that James was always defending her. She thinks James has all these votes and she might be right. If I was James I would have said "If you take me or Paul to the final 2 and lose who would you really rather lose to"? I really feel if she takes Paul she will lose for sure. If she takes James she may or may not lose I can't say for sure. With taking James it would really depend on her speech. At least James would get 50k and I would be happy about that personally. Paul has some really great arguments to win against either of them. Paul also talked crap about Nicole since before the flip in the house. She doesn't know about that either. Man this is frustrating.

• Love 1

I am watching the talk between Natalie and Paul about Paul's dad. These to me are the best moments of BB. You learn about the person instead of the character. This was also the time that Paul brought up a final 2 with Natalie that still bothers me to this day because I don't believe she ever told James that. It was still a great conversation though.

1 minute ago, Irishsecra said:

No, she never told him but that really doesn't bother me. 

It never really mattered in the game but at this point I believe they told each other everything and I would have liked it if she told him because that would have shown him that she really trusted him fully and that they could tell each other everything. That is just me though.

2 minutes ago, Mhl2016 said:

Just a reminder that I think this morning is the last chance to vote for AFP

Just a reminder that I think this morning is the last chance to vote for AFP

It is. I believe it is 12:00 eastern time and yes I got my votes in already.

18 minutes ago, sugarbaker design said:

I'm not saying it's so, but couldn't Paul be playing stupid to lull Nicole into a false sense of superiority?

Very good point.  I am going with this.  :^) 

25 minutes ago, sugarbaker design said:

I'm not saying it's so, but couldn't Paul be playing stupid to lull Nicole into a false sense of superiority?

I don't know if that's the case only because he's been practicing his speech and he compliments Nicole in his speech like she is sitting next to him in F2. He's had no speech where he's mentioned James. Unless he's pulling a fast one on all of us then he's for sure taking her. 

Edited by SiobhanJW

About nic seeming to indicate to James she is not taking him. She was beyond rude with him last night.

it is possible that she did this to blindside James so he won't prepare a speech.

kind of funny cause he would probably be best doing it unprepared. It will seem more sincere, I think he would screw himself up trying to remember stuff since his memory is bad.

1 minute ago, Irishsecra said:

About nic seeming to indicate to James she is not taking him. She was beyond rude with him last night.

it is possible that she did this to blindside James so he won't prepare a speech.

kind of funny cause he would probably be best doing it unprepared. It will seem more sincere, I think he would screw himself up trying to remember stuff since his memory is bad.

Agree James would be better off going on the cuff. I just hope he gets a shot. If he is there I really believe he has a shot at winning this. I also hope when and if he does get to give a speech that he does it with the confidence he had when he told Natalie the who are you talk. He was very confident and straight forward in that conversation  and that is what he will need.

It does seem that Nicole is basically honest in her "Jury Speech". She hit all of the highs, lows & Corey. LOL!!! If she uses the speech it will depend on the jury and who she ultimately sits next to if she's a winner. Now, I just want Wednesday to get her already.

4 hours ago, Cutty said:

Paul to Nicole: "Are jury questions before or after they vote?"

And he's supposed to be the smart one. 

Let us not forget that in the first week of the game, Paul didn't know to use the Veto on himself while he was on the block and Nicole had to explain why he had to use the Veto on himself.

The smart one out of what we're left with in that house? Sure. BB Smart, as in the rules and nuances of the game? Debatable. 

• Love 1
14 hours ago, Irishsecra said:

Saw on jokers Nicole pretty much telling James on feeds she isn't taking him to F2. 

Either she changed her mind or wants him unprepared for finale nite.

really being a catty b***h. Telling him he never should have voted out Corey.

she really hates him for voting Corey out!

3 hours ago, Irishsecra said:

If Nicole has actually formulated this multi-step strategy, I will be extremely impressed.  I disagree that it would backfire due to James being better at off-the-cuff delivery.  I think he wouldn't bother to put together even the most fundamental "Vote for me, y'all" stump speech and would be caught literally dumbfounded:  "Uh . . . . . ."

To me, that plan seems much too clever for Nicole to devise and maintain.  She's "really bad at pretending," as I recall.  But if that ultimately turns out to be her play, I won't be nearly as huffy about her win.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, ByaNose said:

It does seem that Nicole is basically honest in her "Jury Speech". She hit all of the highs, lows & Corey. LOL!!! If she uses the speech it will depend on the jury and who she ultimately sits next to if she's a winner. Now, I just want Wednesday to get her already.

Awesome typo. If it is, in fact, a typo and not intentional.

This is a far cry from my ideal end scenario—which would be something impossible like Natalie and Day at F2, with Natalie winning, Day getting a new job as Jeff's replacement, and Baldwin winning AFP—but then I remember we could have a Grodner-gasm of an F3 like Corey, Paulie, and Frank instead. So, yay? I kind of don't want Nicole to win, but given the alternatives, it's like she's the 30 of a 35/35/30 split.

Thanks to all the feed watchers for keeping a cheap bastard like me up to date all summer long! Maybe I'll shell out for OTT, maybe I won't—real TV is back now, after all.

• Love 5

Hey. I was just watching the live feeds from August 15th when Paulie was on the block. There was a scene where Paul and Victor were discussing final 3 with Michelle. I know people have said before that Natalie made a mistake nominating Victor and Michelle nominating Paul but those 2 never had any intention of taking Natalie or James to final 3 even though they told them lets have a final 4 which Natalie and James never agreed to. I still to this day think that the decision they made with the knowledge they had at the time was the right decision. I had forgot about the final 3 plan with Victor, Paul, and Michelle.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, PhoneCop said:

Awesome typo. If it is, in fact, a typo and not intentional.

This is a far cry from my ideal end scenario—which would be something impossible like Natalie and Day at F2, with Natalie winning, Day getting a new job as Jeff's replacement, and Baldwin winning AFP—but then I remember we could have a Grodner-gasm of an F3 like Corey, Paulie, and Frank instead. So, yay? I kind of don't want Nicole to win, but given the alternatives, it's like she's the 30 of a 35/35/30 split.

Thanks to all the feed watchers for keeping a cheap bastard like me up to date all summer long! Maybe I'll shell out for OTT, maybe I won't—real TV is back now, after all.

A total typo but it's deep In meaning, right? I like the split numbers. I want James to win just to annoy both Nicole & Paul. He played like everyone else and got to the end. It's not a good game but he's there. Nicole played pretty well and was loyal to Corey. The only problem I have with her now (which is odd since it's strictly by live feeds) is her treatment of James behind his back. The more I read she seems to really not like James and isn't kidding around about it. I wouldn't be too upset if Paul won. He played the game well. He used Victor as his shield and was the voice for the both of them which Victor totally understood. He wore me a little thin with the Friendship but he was good tv. Overall, I'm 30/30/30. Wait! That's only 90! I guess I'll give the other 10% to Paublo. LOL!!! It's sort of like this years election. I'm not terribly thrilled with any of them. 

• Love 2
18 hours ago, LordBowen said:

BB just called out Paul for not washing his hands after leaving the bathroom. 

ICK!  That's almost as bad as all the pimple popping and blackhead extractions that went on this summer, or the pantyliner placement prior to sticking ones hand in the community bag of chips.

• Love 1

Per jokers 

James talking alone to feeders. Believes they are both voting him out. Calls them a-h***, that he screwed up and wishes he kept Corey. Is letting death take him.

meanwhile at the same time nic complains to Paul that James is happy again

i think she is still taking James though cause she was practicing her speech with him earlier this afternoon? Unless something changed?

Edited by Irishsecra
14 hours ago, sugarbaker design said:

I don't think so.  On BBAD, there was a scene of Victor telling Paul all the info on finale night, which he learned from James.  Not only did Paul not know, he even disagreed with some of it.  I believe it was the same issue of if and when the jury is allowed to ask the final two questions.  No one else was in the room so there was no need to play dumb.

• Love 1
On ‎9‎/‎19‎/‎2016 at 1:52 AM, LordBowen said:

BB just called out Paul for not washing his hands after leaving the bathroom.  Apparently this is the second time they've done it.

Where is Danielle Reyes when you need her?  (That Gerry poop-hand episode was the first episode of Big Brother I ever watched)

• Love 1

So, Nicole and Paul are taking each other.  Congrats Paul and a what are you thinking to Nicole?  Paul wins, slam dunk.  

One interesting thing I found is, Nicole broke up with Hayden because she didn't want to move to Chicago.  She could not leave her family.  Stuns me.  

• Love 2
1 hour ago, wings707 said:

One interesting thing I found is, Nicole broke up with Hayden because she didn't want to move to Chicago.  She could not leave her family.  Stuns me.  

None of these folks ring the bell on any kind of maturity scale, so I'm not surprised at all.  I don't know how many live with or close to their parents and are dependent on them. I'm not talking about an extended family sort of closeness, which is wonderful.  I mean the dependence of needing parental help to get through day to day life, paying bills, etc. 

This hits close to home for me as a dear friend is dealing with temperamental passive/aggressive behavior from her 26 y/o son who's "punishing" her for going away to a business related weekend class and leaving him with the responsibility - which he completely ducked out on - of taking care of the business, her 14 y/o daughter and a very big 1 y/o puppy.  It's all I can do to be completely supportive, yet keep my mouth shut.  The mantra I constantly repeat is "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"

BB is a perfect window into the infantilization of our supposedly grown up children. Yep, it's a thing.  I've read several articles, so I know, ya know? (wicked grins)

Edited by Skycatcher
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, wings707 said:

So, Nicole and Paul are taking each other.  Congrats Paul and a what are you thinking to Nicole?  Paul wins, slam dunk.  

I thought they broke up because he cheated on her?