Type keyword(s) to search

Season 18 Live Feed Discussion: Their Lives are Almost as Boring as Ours!

• Start Topic

40 minutes ago, AbsoluteShower said:

Does anybody actually have evidence that James said this? Given that the feeds have been down and all...

All I've seen so far is an 'apparently'. He also told Victor to tell Nat he was sad and missed her. Didn't notice anyone rushing to say 'poor James, thats sad' yet the slightest hint that he MIGHT have said something (which also MIGHT have been said jokingly, since apparently noone heard him say it) and its pitchforks and torches...

I thought it was actual proof and that is why I responded to the previous post. I was actually wondering that myself since the feeds were down but I haven't been watching the feeds pretty much since Natalie left. I have been going back day by day and watching those 2 since July. It has been really fun and I am on the week they flipped the house. Still hoping for the 2 of them. I really am.

3 hours ago, TimWil said:

Just curious-why would you want James to win AFP? Why would anyone? His entire game (and thus, to an extent, Natalie's) was geared toward winning it. Uh uh. It would be horrible for him to win AFP two seasons in a row. I'd only be happy if Victor or Bridgette won.

Ummm... because if James won AFP a second time, he'd be unlikely to come back on a third BB season for fear of breaking his AFP streak? :)

2 hours ago, Artsda said:

That didn't mean she was pregnant, just that they beat the 2 other Big Brother couples to having a baby first.

So Rachel and Brendan get the kudos for having the first.  Yay.  They'll probably have "First BBBaby!" press clippings tacked up all over the nursery wall, and the poor kid will grow up with a stutter.

• Love 5
45 minutes ago, Skycatcher said:

OMG - We'd never hear the end of it.  He'd be stuffed down our craws every BB forever "...the only player to win AFP twice...."  No, please Gawd, no!

For reasons I'll never understand, Jeff has won the award twice.

• Love 4

The CBS CEO loves James. So does Julie. That is one of the reasons why he gets a great edit. And probably why Julie questioned Natalie's treatment of James. I have not seen her be so harsh since aaryn.

and if he wins AFP a second time, I would bet serious money they would bring him back in a couple years to try fir a third time.

dont be shocked if he shows up on survivor or the amazing race someday as well.

watched James and Natalie talking their problems out after the megaphone incident.

maybe I am beyond naive but these 2 people genuinely care about each other but are both so damn scared of it.

natalie is convinced every man is going to hurt her so she backs off as soon as she starts feeling really close. Her inability to get over the James Nicole bumper car incident shows it. Such a little thing but so telling.

and James feels so insecure. Deep down he can't understand why a great girl like her is really interested in him. And the whole house basically telling him for months he is a fool and she is using him feeds into his insecure narrative.

it is all just so sad.

• Love 4
26 minutes ago, Irishsecra said:

The CBS CEO loves James. So does Julie. That is one of the reasons why he gets a great edit. And probably why Julie questioned Natalie's treatment of James. I have not seen her be so harsh since aaryn.

and if he wins AFP a second time, I would bet serious money they would bring him back in a couple years to try fir a third time.

dont be shocked if he shows up on survivor or the amazing race someday as well.

watched James and Natalie talking their problems out after the megaphone incident.

maybe I am beyond naive but these 2 people genuinely care about each other but are both so damn scared of it.

natalie is convinced every man is going to hurt her so she backs off as soon as she starts feeling really close. Her inability to get over the James Nicole bumper car incident shows it. Such a little thing but so telling.

and James feels so insecure. Deep down he can't understand why a great girl like her is really interested in him. And the whole house basically telling him for months he is a fool and she is using him feeds into his insecure narrative.

it is all just so sad.

Agree on everything. They are both scared of being used and hurt. Just take a damn leap already. He did in a round about way tell her he loves her and she seamed to respond to that with a nice look. I think I am done speculating on these 2 till I hear from her in Jury or finale night or after that. No sense in guessing. I am enjoying these 2 going back through the season on the live feeds and watching them together. It really was something special. I hope no matter what happens between these 2 they watch the season (Live Feeds not broadcast show) and see how special it was for both of them. They were great to watch together. I was watching when Natalie was giving James crap (In Fun) because he did not save her any rice krispy treats from his HOH basket. It was so cute. Still miss them a lot.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Nashville said:

Ummm... because if James won AFP a second time, he'd be unlikely to come back on a third BB season for fear of breaking his AFP streak? :)

So Rachel and Brendan get the kudos for having the first.  Yay.  They'll probably have "First BBBaby!" press clippings tacked up all over the nursery wall, and the poor kid will grow up with a stutter.

Just a stutter?  She has Brendan and Rachel for parents. They named her Adora Borealis. This poor girl would be lucky to come away from all of that with just a stutter. 

Edited by me5671
  • Love 16

The one thing they have in spades is they enjoy each other's company and make each other laugh.

forget about romance. They really need to find a way to make the friendship work outside the house. Burning up those telephone lines and talking thru life.

Maybe one day when they grow up it could be something more.

• Love 1
30 minutes ago, bbaddict said:

Agree on everything. They are both scared of being used and hurt. Just take a damn leap already.

Both are paranoid about being used and their image, and each needs lots of reassuring from their partner. So... obviously the best thing to do is date someone else with some of the same issues. :P What could possibly go wrong, right?

Yes, that was sarcasm. IMO, I don't think either one of them needs a partner who is insecure and likes spending time in front of cameras.

I wish them both well, but I don't see a long-term romantic relationship working for them. But hey, it's not me, so in the end those crazy kids can go for it and defy my expectations if they want. (Just please do it off my tv screen.)

• Love 8

They have not posted Corey's real comic yet and that is the one I most want to see.  Since Nicole was bothered because it looked as if Corey was going to dump her I wonder if any reference was made in Nat or James as well. 

Edited by wings707
  • Love 1

I dunno.......  I'm experiencing sensations that feel suspiciously like withdrawal.  Anyone else? Too soon?

ETA: Not from the show, but from this thread. It's been so quiet with the feeds down.

Edited by Skycatcher
  • Love 7
14 minutes ago, wings707 said:

This has to be a joke.  I doubt BB did this.  

The page is not the CBS/BB format with the info in the top left hand corner, and the line below specifically says "BBTooms", who is, I believe a Twitter poster.  He's mega-phone man from the beginning of the week N/J were on the block.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Irishsecra said:

The one thing they have in spades is they enjoy each other's company and make each other laugh.

forget about romance. They really need to find a way to make the friendship work outside the house. Burning up those telephone lines and talking thru life.

Maybe one day when they grow up it could be something more.

That is so true and sweet.

1 minute ago, Marie80 said:

Day's comic is awful. Seriously, BB? She's mentioned how she hates the "Momma Day" nickname (and why wouldn't she) and not only that she's bringing down a plane with her extensions. REALLY?

I don't think they really care if she likes her nickname or not. It's her nickname on the show and they can do whatever they want in their comics. 

• Love 1
6 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Apparently James told Victor to make sure Natalie wasn't being "promiscuous" in jury. He's so gross. Run, Natalie, run!

With who? Paulie?! Ew. Ew. Ew. Like Z would let anyone near Paulie.

Or does he think she's suddenly a slutty lesbian. Or does he think she's banging production.

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, SiobhanJW said:

I don't think they really care if she likes her nickname or not. It's her nickname on the show and they can do whatever they want in their comics. 

It's a nickname with racist freaking undertones so they SHOULD care especially since she is uncomfortable with it.

• Love 6
18 minutes ago, zibnchy said:

With who? Paulie?! Ew. Ew. Ew. Like Z would let anyone near Paulie.

Or does he think she's suddenly a slutty lesbian. Or does he think she's banging production.

Where did this come from exactly that James told Victor to make sure Natalie wasn't being promiscuous?

6 hours ago, gunderda said:

And they weren't even a couple on their season.

Daniele and Dom definitely had a showmance in BB13. Or maybe more like a flirtmance. But Dom was only in the game for like 3 weeks so it didn't get to develop. And perhaps that's why they were able to make a real go of it outside tbh.

4 hours ago, Katesus7 said:

If the spoiler is true, I'm hoping for a James POV.  Corey has been such a complete waste of space this whole season, a 4th place finish seems just about right for him.  And I can not handle a Corey/Nic final two.  That's my biggest nightmare!

I hope James wins POV too but only because I wanna see Nicole cry.

4 hours ago, AbsoluteShower said:

Does anybody actually have evidence that James said this? Given that the feeds have been down and all...

14 minutes ago, bbaddict said:

Where did this come from exactly that James told Victor to make sure Natalie wasn't being promiscuous?

I read about it on another site on Sunday, before feeds were down. I've asked the person who said it if they have a flashback time. I'll post it here if they say.

3 hours ago, Irishsecra said:

Her inability to get over the James Nicole bumper car incident shows it. Such a little thing but so telling.

What do you mean by 'bumper car incident?' Because it it's the megaphone "James and Nicole have a preshow deal" thing then I'd say that's a bit more than a small thing. If it were true, and Natalie has no way of knowing if it is or isn't, then I'd be pretty pissed if I were Natalie. It would make me look at everything James has told me game-wise a little differently and wonder if he was more concerned with protecting Nicole than me.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 5
5 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

What do you mean with 'bumper car incident?' Because it it's the megaphone "James and Nicole have a preshow deal" thing then I'd said that's a bit more than a small thing. If it were true, and Natalie has no way of knowing if it is or isn't, then I'd be pretty pissed if I were Natalie. It would make me look at everything James has told me game-wise a little differently and wonder if he was more concerned with protecting Nicole than me.

James has definitely been more loyal to Nicole than to Natalie in the game whether they had a preshow deal or not. Gamewise, James was not a very good ally for Nat for a number of reasons. He never shared information with her freely; he did little to nothing strategically to shield her; other people were his primary game allies for almost the entire game; he let others talk badly about her and even joined in at times; etc.; etc.; etc. I believe that he "really likes her," but I don't see how anyone can think he was good for her game. He's been much more helpful to Nicole, whom he has supported and worked with throughout the game and whom he would probably take to F2 at this point if he had his choice.

• Love 12
7 hours ago, Boilergal said:

If Paul won HOH should we look forward to  a "Create the Best Messy Bun" or "Ubly Trivia"  POV?

Yes, along with "Who can brush their hair the longest?" and "How many adorable adjectives can you use to describe Corey?"

• Love 4
17 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

What do you mean by 'bumper car incident?' Because it it's the megaphone "James and Nicole have a preshow deal" thing then I'd say that's a bit more than a small thing. If it were true, and Natalie has no way of knowing if it is or isn't, then I'd be pretty pissed if I were Natalie. It would make me look at everything James has told me game-wise a little differently and wonder if he was more concerned with protecting Nicole than me.

Believe it or not, it is because James asked Nicole if she wanted to cuddle with him in the bumper car

he admitted later to her that he did it to see if she would care because she was being very cold and distant to him. 

natalie was heartbroken because she felt James had betrayed her.

they discussed it during their long talking session after their huge fight.

Seriously, show - just give me Nic on the block. Please.

I really want to see why Corey freaked over his comic. Michelle and Day's are so bad.

And I do believe that we'll end up with a Nicorey F2, but if somehow Paul had the power, who does he want F2 with? With all the various combos still in play, I really don't know who would win.

43 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Daniele and Dom definitely had a showmance in BB13. Or maybe more like a flirtmance. But Dom was only in the game for like 3 weeks so it didn't get to develop. And perhaps that's why they were able to make a real go of it outside tbh.

Yes Dani and Dom were flirty bit Dani maintained during the season and after that they were just really good friends. 

And natalie mentioned the bumper car incident a lot to James in the days before she left. She said that was when she first started pushing him away and said that was the moment she should have told him she just wanted to be friends because it really hurt her a lot and she was surprised at how much it hurt. 

Just to clarify, James didn’t actually tell Victor to stop Natalie from doing anything promiscuous, but to report any promiscuous behavior back to him later. Victor told him that he really didn’t think Natalie would try anything like that with him, to which James replied that it was mainly Paulie he was worried about her being promiscuous with, not Vic. Still, I hope Natalie doesn’t attempt a long distance relationship with someone who’s already letting his paranoia show like this, but just to set the record straight James wasn't telling Vic to keep her in check or anything like that.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, atomic said:

Just to clarify, James didn’t actually tell Victor to stop Natalie from doing anything promiscuous, but to report any promiscuous behavior back to him later. Victor told him that he really didn’t think Natalie would try anything like that with him, to which James replied that it was mainly Paulie he was worried about her being promiscuous with, not Vic. Still, I hope Natalie doesn’t attempt a long distance relationship with someone who’s already letting his paranoia show like this, but just to set the record straight James wasn't telling Vic to keep her in check or anything like that.

Thanks for the clarification, but, for me, that really isn't any better. I get that James is EXTREMELY INSECURE and I guess he's been hurt in the past or whatever, but it's very unattractive (to me) to openly and unapologetically carry so much baggage from one's past into a new relationship and to express one's fears and insecurities in such a nasty, misogynist, disloyal way. Natalie was painted as a slut in the house in various ways and it VERY CLEARLY was very hurtful to her. I'm not "falling in love with her" and I actually think she's kind of annoying, but that was crystal clear to me. If I were Natalie's platonic friend in the house (or even just barely tolerating her for game reasons), I would have made a point of telling her that Paulie, et al's slut shaming was TOTAL BULLSHIT and that she didn't even need to address it as far as I was concerned. James, in contrast, gave it a lot of credence, discussing it with the others and with Natalie on multiple occasions and doing creepy things like gently suggesting that she should dress more modestly and be more careful about how she touches and talks to other guys. IT'S EXTREMELY GROSS.

He's STILL not sure whether she's a "slut" or not and he STILL thinks that maybe she was lying to him through all of their adorable moments connecting and opening up to each other. He's worried that she'll be blowing Paulie in the jacuzzi (or whatever), then lie to him at the finale so she can continue to play him (For what? Don't ask.), so he asked Vic to let him know if she's acting up. How is that not insulting and demeaning? Again, I'm not in love with Natalie, she's not my best friend or soul mate, yet I know that she wouldn't be being "promiscuous" in JH. Not because she's a "saint," but just because that's not how she rolls. If she did want to fuck Paulie, Vic, Meech, and Z in jury, that would be fine because she's not in a relationship with James and owes him nothing, but I don't think the thought would even cross her mind. If I were Natalie, I would be very hurt and offended that after all the "bonding" I did with James he didn't trust that I was genuine and believed Paulie, Paul, Vic, and whomever else over me. James was SHATTERED that Natalie (maybe) said she regretted trusting his judgment, but it's ok for him to think she's a liar and a slut?

• Love 18

If she did want to fuck Paulie, Vic, Meech, and Z in jury, that would be fine because she's not in a relationship with James and owes him nothing

Exactly. Who is he to a) think he has a right to police her body, and b) determine that if she has sex with anyone other than him that is to be defined as "promiscuous"? What is wrong with this guy?

James has definitely been more loyal to Nicole than to Natalie in the game whether they had a preshow deal or not. Gamewise, James was not a very good ally for Nat for a number of reasons. He never shared information with her freely; he did little to nothing strategically to shield her; other people were his primary game allies for almost the entire game; he let others talk badly about her and even joined in at times; etc.; etc.; etc. I believe that he "really likes her," but I don't see how anyone can think he was good for her game. He's been much more helpful to Nicole, whom he has supported and worked with throughout the game and whom he would probably take to F2 at this point if he had his choice.

This is why I'll never buy that James is "in love" with Natalie. It seems to me that he's been duplicitous with her the entire season and basically sold her out due the pregame deal he had with Nicole. That of course he never told Natalie about. I hope when she finds out  she realizes that she can't trust him if he has a choice of money vs. her. I hope he gets sent out next and that Victor wins AFP. At least if James go to jury now he won't have to fret from a distance about whether Natalie is "cheating" on him. 

• Love 12

I hope that once this season is over people can stop insisting James and Nicole had a preseason alliance.

they have never mentioned it even once on the feeds. Even after the megaphone incident.

her mom has insisted on Twitter it never happened.

and before we tar and feather James on his insecurity, let's get locked up for 90 days and see how we would all act. Is his worrying about Paulie and Natalie disturbing? You bet but you have to admit they had a very wierd dynamic in the house. Personally, I think Paulie had the hots fir her and would have tried something if not fir Z and James. JMO

• Love 2

We don't have to know they had a pre season deal by watching them talk about it. We just know. It seemed obvious whenever they spoke about each other in the DR. They had each other's back with "best intentions," indeed. They had a pre season deal. End of story.

Edited by TimWil
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, atomic said:

but just to set the record straight James wasn't telling Vic to keep her in check or anything like that.

Menfolk have to do the utmost to keep their wimmins in check. What are you actually suggesting Vic might do to "keep her in check"? Put a chastity belt on her?

I hope Nat is banging everyone in the JH, *except* Paulie.

• Love 7
Just now, Umbelina said:

Told ya

— MissCleoBB (@MissCleoBB) September 14, 2016

It could have just been a lucky guess. I mean, a 50% chance of getting it right when we all knew Victor would be the one to leave and James can't win an HoH to save his soul that isn't a wall comp, so between Paul and Nicole? 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Marie80 said:

It's a nickname with racist freaking undertones so they SHOULD care especially since she is uncomfortable with it.

There's an easy way to put an end to a nickname you hate and that's to tell people to stop using it, and don't respond to it if they refuse.  She acted quite fine with it on the live shows in both seasons, that I can recall.  I'm sure it started due to her own admissions about being a mother.

Just now, Winston9-DT3 said:

There's an easy way to put an end to a nickname you hate and that's to tell people to stop using it, and don't respond to it if they refuse.  She acted quite fine with it on the live shows in both seasons, that I can recall.  I'm sure it started due to her own admissions about being a mother.

Yet James is a father and no one refers to him as Daddy J or the like. Come on now. I'm not going to get into the history of certain stereotypes regarding black women but I'm entitled to my opinion. She was seen on the feeds telling someone that she cringes whenever fans call her that out in the real world because she hates that name. Also, in this game it's not easy to voice your dislike about anything because it can put a target on your back.

• Love 14
2 hours ago, atomic said:

This^^^^^ exactly.  I watched that conversation too.  Sorry, I don't have a time stamp and I don't care enough to look for it.  But, if anyone wants to go on a scavenger hunt, I can narrow it down for you.  The conversation took place in the London room.  Vic was laying in the bed Meech used to always lay in.  James was standing next to the bed telling all this to Vic.  That's the scene you'd have to look for.