Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E15: Somewhere In The World It's Christmas

• Start Topic

(edited)

I forgot that Suzanne's last name was Steele (Steal)!

And I lived in St. Louis in 1993 during the flood and it was a horribly devastating event for people all along the river.

Edited by Earmuffs Mom

I really enjoyed the podcast- the end sounds a little odd to me, though, is anyone else having that difficulty? And is there a way I can play the file which doesn't have any issues?

David is suuuuuch a dick, and I am somehow still on his side due to Donnas flip flopping on sex. But breaking up with her on Christmas/her birthday was so evil! Then again he did try to avoid it and she pushed him to spit it out. 

• Love 1

As much as I want to, I just can't fault David here. He is acting exactly as any horny 18 year old who has been constantly left with blue balls by his very immature girlfriend would. This is also when Brian Austin Green starts getting kind of hot (hair notwithstanding) so yeah baby, spread your wings and fly right out of that beach house of kindergarten. I look forward to your comments on his cycle of meth addiction, and assume you will make note of his hat he wears when he does that.

• Love 3
(edited)
32 minutes ago, Tooch said:

David is suuuuuch a dick, and I am somehow still on his side due to Donnas flip flopping on sex. But breaking up with her on Christmas/her birthday was so evil! Then again he did try to avoid it and she pushed him to spit it out. 

Yeah agree with this. I think that Kelly knew that David was going to dump Donna. When she looked at her when David was staying with his father, I think Kelly knew that it was going to happen. That's led to their conversation (David and Kelly) in the next morning. Teh fact after 2 years of dating and him being horny as heck as a 18 year old, is somewhat makes sense. 

Can't wait for a) David telling Dylan he is a sanctimonious pain in the ass and b) The super toilet. 

But yeah I just can't David and Donna. Like Donna seems like a young girl mentally and David is a massive tool to her. David was so much better with Clare and Valerie than Donna. 

Also I know it was a kiss under the mistletoe between Dylan and Donna but seriously.writers?

Oh god Erica. She's like a little muppet who's age I have no clue and I don't want to remember her stupid keyboard(s) and her period which was like why did you have to put it there. 

Erica will be the most annoying character for me in all of the show (excluding Noah)

Edited by SoupThrower

One thing I was never really clear on - WAS Erica really Dylan's sister, or was that all part of the whole scam? I sort of figured Suzanne was the type of grifter who would read about the death of a multi-millionaire in the paper and then concoct a whole song and dance to ingratiate herself with the guy's son. Was it ever established that she actually did have an affair with Jack, or that Erica was Jack's daughter?

1 hour ago, Aimless said:

One thing I was never really clear on - WAS Erica really Dylan's sister, or was that all part of the whole scam? I sort of figured Suzanne was the type of grifter who would read about the death of a multi-millionaire in the paper and then concoct a whole song and dance to ingratiate herself with the guy's son. Was it ever established that she actually did have an affair with Jack, or that Erica was Jack's daughter?

I do believe there is a photo or something brief in a future episode that proves Erica is Jack's daughter, and Suzanne was not actually lying about that.

8 hours ago, SoupThrower said:

Why oh why did they think that Dylan and Donna making out under the mistletoe was a good idea?

I didn't remember that at all, but it made me hoot with laughter, so. I have to believe that was more the actors' choice than the writing, but maybe I'm wrong.

(edited)

Can't wait for a) David telling Dylan he is a sanctimonious pain in the ass and b) The super toilet.

Haha, yes! That toilet! Which can somehow handle 2500 pills and like 15 plastic baggies being flushed all in under 20 minutes. I cannot wait for the meth storyline.

I do believe there is a photo or something brief in a future episode that proves Erica is Jack's daughter, and Suzanne was not actually lying about that.

Yeah, IIRC she is actually Jack's daughter. It was either after they found Erica in Mexico or a couple seasons later when she was a teen prostitute (human trafficking victim?) in LA, she went to live with Iris in Hawaii (because Iris did such a bang-up job with Dylan), so I think there was a familial connection, as tenuous as it may be.

I agree with others that David was a dick, but it was also understandable why he broke up with Donna. He should have handled it way better and not done it on Christmas/her birthday, but it was better to break up with her than to continue treating her shitily because she won't have sex with you. I'm sure when they got together in high school he thought he could wait and/or that she would eventually change her mind, but after that "anniversary" debacle, it was clear that neither of those things were true.

Edited by MerBearStare

Erica... Barf. I swear, I'm not an evil person (or maybe I am?) but kids on tv shows who are meant to be cute are THE WORST. And so is Erica with her dumb hair.

I agree with others that David was a dick, but it was also understandable why he broke up with Donna. He should have handled it way better and not done it on Christmas/her birthday, but it was better to break up with her than to continue treating her shitily because she won't have sex with you. I'm sure when they got together in high school he thought he could wait and/or that she would eventually change her mind, but after that "anniversary" debacle, it was clear that neither of those things were true.

I am entirely fine with David dumping Donna.  They clearly want different things from the relationship, and it has made it so they are no longer compatible as a couple.  Having said that, David seems like a truly awful person with how he treats Donna.  I get his frustrations with her, and she does not help things by saying she'll have sex one day, then changing her mind later on.  I just feel like we are treated to way too many episodes of David essentially trying to pressure Donna into having sex with him regardless of what she says, and it is, at best, obnoxious. 

Even with Donna looking absolutely pathetic with the tray of pizza roles, Tori looks gorgeous in that scene.  She's always looked amazing in red.  I do think that Tori looked the best she ever did during the first couple college years seasons. 

• Love 1