Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E03: Cold Feet, Hot Tempers

Maneka gets cold feet a week prior to the wedding; Ben questions Vicki's use of social media at her bridal show; and Taylor has a fight with Melba and decides to spend the night with Trisha.

So, true. This week David was the least worst. LOL.

Taylor and her mom are horrible. As is David's mother. Neither of the moms seems committed to helping their kids make the marriage work. They both just want to be "right" and "win." And all that Southern marriage stuff is making me roll my eyes so hard. Those folks are no different from anyone else in this country and I feel like they keep putting themselves up on pedestals. And, maybe it was the editing, but Taylor seemed to be the one to bring his mother up first and in very crude ways. If David spoke about Taylor's mother that same way, she would probably explode on the spot. I feel like these are the kinds of families I see on Dr. Phil. 

I can't imagine Mayur asking any of his other sales agents to get him water as he did his fiancee. But then again, maybe he would. He seems too controlling and dismissive and like he doesn't respect Maneka. Maneka's gut seems to be telling her to run but family obligation and wanting to be married is drowning it out. 

Ben and Vicki still haven't settled that argument, even if they think they did. Neither of them really apologized to the other or tried to empathize with the other. I think Vicki is making a big mistake and can't see why she would trade her freedoms for a more restrictive life. 

• Love 4
(edited)

This season once again feels scripted and producer driven but....I'll watch it anyway.

maneka seems insecure, she's still not over her last marriage and the hurt from being cheated on. I don't know why she's in such a big hurry to get remarried. Mayur doesn't seem to care about her, he's just getting married because in his culture it's time for him to do that and have a family.

I also don't know why Vickie and Ben are rushing into marriage other than so Ben can have sex. Vickie doesn't seem happy at all and Ben talks down to her. If I had been Vicki I would have been kicking him so hard under the table when they were on the double date and he was berating her about her cellphone. I also did not see any of the women at the bridal shower with their hair covered with scarfs or wigs so I don't understand why Vicki feels she should wear a wig for religious reasons. I also noticed Ben's parents and, I assume, his other Jewish friends wearing a yamulka.

Taylor is truely her mothers daughter. Southern women don't take no shit. The fight in the restaurant was vicious! I think Taylor has nothing better to do but obsess about her MIL. Of course if I lived in that tin can of a trailer I would never be in a good mood either. Speaking of the trailer, didn't Taylor know that is where they would be living pre-marriage? Some of this does not add up. 

Edited by Straycat80
  • Love 3
12 minutes ago, Straycat80 said:

I also did not see any of the women at the bridal shower with their hair covered with scarfs or wigs

Wig Cop did! There definitely were wigs in that room -- some very good, and one (that older woman who gave Vicki advice)...not so hot.

• Love 7

A whole bunch of this doesn't add up. Taylor knew damn well David lived in a tin can---Show probably told her she'd be there for a bit---of drama! One of David's issues is his great communication skills. Dude, you almost had your overbearing, uber-clingy Mom where you needed her---that should have been the headline you told Taylor.

Meanwhile, Vickie, run! Passive-Aggressive Couple of the Year have no business getting married.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, Tara Ariano said:

Wig Cop did! There definitely were wigs in that room -- some very good, and one (that older woman who gave Vicki advice)...not so hot.

Guess I'll have to watch again and look better. I guess if you pay over one thousand dollars for a wig it better look good! 

Taylor is a fucking bitch. I'll finish David's sentence. I understand that David's mom is a bitch too- but if Taylor would take her head out of her own ass for a minute, maybe she'd realize how crappy it is for David. He's right in the middle! Also, if she'd shut her immature mouth for a minute, he could tell her what He'd rather Taylor not call his Mother names. She should at least have the respect for her husband to do that. If David would EVER talk about Taylor's mother that way......Both Taylor and her mom would let him have it. But she calls his mother names just to spite him! Then she gets all butt hurt when he lashes out. Taylor talks about how close David is to his "Mommy", but she just said that her mom is her best friend. 

Maneka needs to shut up about her ex. If she's going to continuously talk about her ex- then she may as well get used to being alone. Mayur seems like a great guy & her insecurities are going to ruin everything. 

I really like Vickie. I think she's pretty & she seems like she'd be really fun to be around. On the other hand, Ben is a boring ass. He talks down on her. I thought last episode that when he agreed to live where she wanted to live for a while, maybe he'd realize how critical & unwilling to compromise he's been. The way he acts freaks me out because he wants to control every little tiny thing- and it's not just because of their religion. That's a bad sign that he could become abusive in the future. Probably not physical, but he'll break her down with his words until she is what he wants her to be. Right now, she has kind of an energy. That energy you have at that age when you're starting your life out. He'll take that energy right off of her. He's already trying & they're not married yet. I don't know if she's allowed to back out......if she is, she should RUN!

• Love 5

I was hoping the "I regret marrying you" in the preview was a fake-out, like he actually said "I don't want you to think I regret marrying you" and they edited out the first part, but no. Yikes. And wow, Melba really does hate Taylor. I think in that situation she has to opt out of interactions with Melba - take a "She's your mother, YOU deal with her" approach - but part of that includes him checking her when she gets out of line. "Don't speak to my wife that way," etc. I also think the reason Taylor and Melba don't get along is that they're so much alike - they even look similar, with too much makeup (I don't know if the camper has ample mirrors, but Taylor needs to check to make sure she hasn't gotten foundation in her hair before she leaves the house) and colored hair, but neither of them is going to admit that.

Maneka's histrionics about "moving away from [her] family" were WAY beyond, like, she's still going to live in the same city as they do, damn. She has a business with her mother! Is she afraid Mayur is going to keep her from them? I didn't see any evidence of that. She needs some therapy (and that is not a judgement) because she so clearly has not gotten over her last marriage. I'm guessing the biological clock is driving this marriage (and I have known my share of women who were like "Welp, fuck it, I'm over 30 and I want kids. He'll do" and gotten married for that reason), but she really is not ready to be married again. She's so insecure, it hurts to watch.

Something about Vicki's bridal shower was so sad to me. I think it was the fact that there were so few of her chosen friends there, and none of her family. When the woman who spoke said she'd turned to her now-husband during her own shower and said "Do they have to be my friends?" I kind of cringed. Friends should be chosen. They did seem like nice women, but even if they hadn't been, she wouldn't get much of a say in the matter about hanging out with them, and that makes me sad. That double date was so fucking depressing and awkward; Ben completely ruined it. And it was also sad that they really don't know how to fight - to make their points, disagree, come to some kind of resolution, and apologize. That social media thing remains unresolved.

Really, I don't look at any of these couples like "Aw, I think they'll make it." I mean, I think most will stay married - but because they don't want to deal with the stigma of divorce, not because they're compatible and like each other.

• Love 1

Ben is scary for sure with how he wants all the control. Remember he is the one that said if she would just let go it will all be ok. Which really means if she will do what he wants it will all be ok with him. She really should listen to her mom on this one about not having to do this. She had said too that she didn't know him well. Well I think he shows himself enough to say he is a scary control freak. He is so worried about himself too. If they don't like her they won't like me. How about they won't like you because you are an ass!!!! His showing up when he did even. You can't tell me that other's weren't posting pics online. Give me a break. If you are suppose to be so modest why are you putting all your life on a reality show? That is worse than posting pictures on FB. Why is it fake? I would take it her account is private to just family and friends so its not like the world would have been seeing it. Why isn't it ok to share it with her family in that manner? Its coming off like he could care less not only about her but her family you isn't there as well. UGH I so want her to save herself and run back home across the country from him. After him again talking about the modesty...seriously dude!!!??? You are on a reality show!!!!! I so want to grab her and hide her from him. 

Melba with her God made the man to be in charge BS. If that is the case then she should realize to let go of her son and let him move on with his wife. Honestly I don't get why Taylor doesn't just say you can deal with your mom and I will deal with mine and that is the end of it. There is no being a bigger person in a situation with the moms both bitches like they are and all their so called "southerner" drama phony crap. Sorry but not everyone gets along or will ever with the in-law(s). I know when we shared a place with my MIL we didn't get along well. Once we lived apart it was better. Yet in the end I know not all have that happen. There are those you will never get along with ever! Nor should you be made to. I have to say I am glad he said crap about his mom taking those pics and sending them. She did it to try to cause a problem and he knew it. Why else would she have? She is so stupid about things though. Its Taylor's fault she is losing her son? Grow up lady. Taylor isn't great and all but its who he married and he isn't that much of a catch living in that tin can of his. She should be glad her son found someone at all that would live like that. LOL Yet I have a feeling no matter if he was to have found some other girl or it was Taylor that mommy dearest would still be the way she is because she would be "losing her son" and the only man she can control. 

Sorry at this point still not buying what Maneka is selling. She is as fake as can be and that guy is just as bad. Even though I find him scuzzy I think she is pathetic with her why didn't you call or answer or text. Her I'm not one of your American girls line....WTF??? She is willing to act it and dress it and sell the homes and take the one..she is one of those American girls. She isn't arranged at all...She has no clue what being arranged REALLY is. Strangers in a way?? Miss her family? She isn't moving to another country and she is a grown frickin woman that lived with some other man before and she works with this idiot. Ok time for the fast forward button on her. I heard enough of her fake ass on this one and done seeing his sleazy face. 

There is a song from "Kiss Me Kate" called, "I Hate Men."  Throughout this episode, I had it in my head, except Imkpet substituting the word "men" for "Ben."  What a controlling, mean, asshole.  I think he was jealous that Vicki was getting more attention than he was.

• Love 4

I've never seen this show, but I love the recaps, so thanks for those! My question on this season, though, is whether anyone in this Ben/Vicki situation has talked about the difficulty of divorcing in the Orthodox community. If Ben is controlling by nature and that domineering nature is exacerbated by being part of this culture, Vicki should be super-concerned about the fact that a divorce under Jewish law in the Orthodox community, to my understanding, requires the consent of the man. If he refuses to give it, then at least under Jewish law, the marriage continues. I suppose if she does want to leave she'd also be leaving the community so maybe she wouldn't care, since she could get a legal divorce, but there was a spate of media coverage a while ago about Orthodox men who refused to allow their wives to divorce them under rabbinical law. So there might be a bit of additional incentive for Vicki and her family to put the brakes on this disaster before she gets even more embroiled.

• Love 3

Oooh, yeah, there was an episode of This American Life where an Orthodox husband refused to grant his wife a divorce - there's a name for women in that situation in Hebrew. Which, of course, means that you're taboo in that community - you obviously can't date someone there because they all know you're still married.

Found it! According to this, the woman in question had to pay her now-ex-husband a sum in the "low six figures" on TOP of her legal bills, plus make amendments to the custody agreement in order to be granted a divorce. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Empress1 said:

Oooh, yeah, there was an episode of This American Life where an Orthodox husband refused to grant his wife a divorce - there's a name for women in that situation in Hebrew. Which, of course, means that you're taboo in that community - you obviously can't date someone there because they all know you're still married.

Found it! According to this, the woman in question had to pay her now-ex-husband a sum in the "low six figures" on TOP of her legal bills, plus make amendments to the custody agreement in order to be granted a divorce. 

Yes, I heard that episode! And also this article, which translates the Hebrew name for women in that position as "chained wives." I also remember reading an article, maybe in the New Yorker, about a rabbi who was like an "enforcer" that women would go to when their husbands refused them gets. I think he got arrested for basically beating up dudes who wouldn't grant divorces. 

• Love 1

I also remember reading an article, maybe in the New Yorker, about a rabbi who was like an "enforcer" that women would go to when their husbands refused them gets. I think he got arrested for basically beating up dudes who wouldn't grant divorces.

Mendel Epstein, he was convicted of kidnapping last year.

• Love 1

Vicki needs to escape from this engagement asap. Ben is already trying to boss her around, and that's not going to bode well for the future. It's one thing if she were doing something super against their religion (and even then, I'd hope that he would have the respect for her to let her know in a sensitive, time-appropriate way -- there's no reason to ever reprimand your girlfriend/fiancee/wife in front of company), but to pick a fight over the phone/social media in public? That's just ridiculous, and that makes me wonder, if such a little thing spurred such a big reaction from him, how would he deal with Vicki if she actually were to do something that genuinely upset him? That's what's most worrying.

I hope Vicki understands that she can still be more religious/Orthodox, without marrying this dude. They are obviously not a great fit, and it seems like, on some level, Vicki is also aware of it, because in her solo interview, she noted how he was lording his "superior" knowledge of the religion as some sort of control tactic. But I'm afraid that if it hasn't sent her running yet, then what will?  

• Love 3

I just started randomly watching this show and caught up on all 3 episodes. All three of these couples seemed doomed.

Taylor is a bitch. What a pill; what the hell does David see in her?

Maneka seems totally beat down and Mayur is taking advantage of it. There is something skeezy about him.

Run Vicki!! Why is she so accepting of all these red flags?

• Love 3
(edited)

One of my biggest pet peeves is how obsessed people are with their damn phones. It's so rude to pay little attention to those around you like that. But I can't even be annoyed with Vickie, because Ben. Omg, Ben. I'd rather be on Facebook than talking to you too, dude.

The following statement has nothing to do with Judaism and everything to do with his personality: Dude will be in or be leading a cult one day. Holy hell. Vickie, he is very clearly showing you how life will be with him! What happened to her to make her choose this? It's not familial pressure, obviously. Her poor mom. I couldn't handle seeing my daughter walk that path and marry a controlling douche nozzle either. I'm not sure I could resist kidnapping her and heading for the border.

I don't know if I can keep watching this. And I don't know how they found 3 bigger train wreck couples than S1 featured. And not in an enjoyable way.

Edited by Squirrely
  • Love 4
18 hours ago, Squirrely said:

One of my biggest pet peeves is how obsessed people are with their damn phones. It's so rude to pay little attention to those around you like that. But I can't even be annoyed with Vickie, because Ben. Omg, Ben. I'd rather be on Facebook than talking to you too, dude.

The following statement has nothing to do with Judaism and everything to do with his personality: Dude will be in or be leading a cult one day. Holy hell. Vickie, he is very clearly showing you how life will be with him! What happened to her to make her choose this? It's not familial pressure, obviously. Her poor mom. I couldn't handle seeing my daughter walk that path and marry a controlling douche nozzle either. I'm not sure I could resist kidnapping her and heading for the border.

I don't know if I can keep watching this. And I don't know how they found 3 bigger train wreck couples than S1 featured. And not in an enjoyable way.

Agree!!! The thing is we have no clue what she was doing on her phone when they were on that so called double date or whatever they want to call it. I think I'd be doing something on my phone though too if I had to deal with him or hearing him try to talk. I am not sure what attracted her to this guy but he is not a good guy IMO. I can see him at some point being verbally abusive and doing it in very underhanded ways so it would come off like he isn't. You can tell her mom is concerned and even with chatting across country like they did, she sees it on Vicki's face that she should be concerned and in her voice. I so badly want to see her not show up for the wedding and Ben is stunned by what is going on. There is just not one good feeling coming from that one at all. 

While I get that reality shows want drama and crap with them, I just would prefer that not only did we get 3 truly arranged couples (none of this fake crap) but that we not have the stupid fake drama junk. Let's see what it is like for 3 couples being really arranged. Show us what each is feeling about being married to this person they don't know before. What each side's family did to get the 2 arranged or however it was fixed to happen. There are plenty of issues there without having to see what we do on this that would make for a more interesting show IMO. 

• Love 3
(edited)
On May 25, 2016 at 11:16 PM, ExplainItAgain said:

I just started randomly watching this show and caught up on all 3 episodes. All three of these couples seemed doomed.

Taylor is a bitch. What a pill; what the hell does David see in her?

Maneka seems totally beat down and Mayur is taking advantage of it. There is something skeezy about him.

Run Vicki!! Why is she so accepting of all these red flags?

YES. This is true. I was so preoccupied being concerned with Vicki's situation that I forgot about the uncomfortable Mayur/Maneka dynamic. I am not sure what is spurring Maneka into this marriage (bio clock perhaps?) but she needs to pump the brakes. I loved how honest her friend was -- if she's not happy about the entire wedding, then she should just call it off now. I think Maneka keeps repeating over and over again how she "doesn't know" Mayur, in an effort to have someone else convince her that this is still a good idea, but it's just... not.

Maneka has already been through a divorce, so you would assume that she would be a little more... I don't know, worldly wise? She seems, on a subconscious level, to be aware of Mayur's sleaziness and keeps noting how he's similar to her ex, or how she sometimes acts the same way she acted around her ex, and yet, seems unwilling to accept that these signs might mean something. It's frustrating, because she keeps saying how she can't get divorced again, but I'm afraid she's headed in that direction again, because Mayur just seems condescending and entitled, and it's incredibly off-putting. I cannot imagine anyone wanting to marry someone with his attitude and vibe.

Edited by lavenderpenguin

Mayur is a pretty standard issue sleazy douche bro. Maneka wants kids, not a husband. So she can pop out a few babies, divorce him and move back home with her family. She seems like she would be a devoted mother, and find her fulfillment that way. Mayer won't be missed at all. 

Taylor and David are a train wreck. That is all. 

Ben and Vicky are the ones who worry me. Ben is a petty tyrant man child, and Vicky is so desperately insecure she looks to him for validation. Since she won't stand up for herself, he'll treat her worse and worse. He's already trying to isolate her from her family (that's the root of his objection to her posting pics of her shower on FB so her mother could see them!) and control everything she does. She makes me want to cry, really. 

• Love 2

"Something about Vicki's bridal shower was so sad to me."

What bothered me about it was that Ben was making it all about impressing the community, not a fun event for her.  And I'm with those whose point out that someone on a trashy reality show(I can't even watch the segments with the other 2 couples) doesn't have a lot of room to talk about "Modesty" and "privacy"

• Love 1

I have watched this off and on and was so confused- I thought Melba was Taylor's mother at first. lol.

The one comment that set me off big time was Melba at the wedding berating Taylor's mom for wearing blue as Melba was wearing blue (many times both moms wear same color wtf??) but the real comment was telling Taylor's mom that Taylor should have taken her mom shopping so that she could get a special dress for the wedding- implying that what she wore aside from being blue was NOT mother of the bride appropriate. OMG I would have slugged her.

• Love 1
(edited)
On 5/25/2016 at 4:57 PM, stanleyk said:

Yes, I heard that episode! And also this article, which translates the Hebrew name for women in that position as "chained wives." I also remember reading an article, maybe in the New Yorker, about a rabbi who was like an "enforcer" that women would go to when their husbands refused them gets. I think he got arrested for basically beating up dudes who wouldn't grant divorces. 

Wasn't there an episode of The Sopranos about that? Or something very similar?

P.S. Ben reminds me a lot of Christian from last season. He was a little tyrant to his wife at first, too, until he learned his lesson about that. Little girl actually slapped him across the face! Maybe Ben is being set up for a similar situation. We can only hope.

Edited by okerry

Mayur is a douche bro who looks like he should be wearing Ed Hardy all the time and with the scent of Axe Body Spray wafting off him, but he seems like a not horrible guy.  Maneka seems like more of the problem in the relationship.  I'm not trying to be anti-woman, but I am fully anti-wishy-washy.

If you don't trust him to the point where you feel the need to call him when he is in Vegas, don't marry him.  If you are still vacillating on whether to marry him the day before things start, don't do it.  Just make a damn decision since you are fully an adult of 33. I'm seriously sick of her whining.

All those Texas people should be put in a garbage truck and dumped at a landfill.  Horrible, every one of them.  And Taylor's outfit to visit her mother?  Were those shorts with her platform heels and sequined fedora?  Jesus Christ.

I still have little to no clue why Vicki and Ben and marrying.  He is the absolute worst of the grooms

• Love 5

I think it's clear that Taylor's mom walks all over her husband and is clearly in charge in that relationship. Taylor is obviously mimicking this and is determined to be in charge in her relationship with David. I think the problem is Melba sees this and probably wants David to stand up for himself and be more of a take-charge kind of guy (i.e. her "the man is in charge" relationship rules). I actually think Melba is maybe a little jealous (not sure if that's really the right word) that Taylor is in charge and gets what she wants. There is no way they will be living in that camper by the end of the series.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, ChlcGirl said:

Mayur is a douche bro who looks like he should be wearing Ed Hardy all the time and with the scent of Axe Body Spray wafting off him, but he seems like a not horrible guy.  Maneka seems like more of the problem in the relationship.  I'm not trying to be anti-woman, but I am fully anti-wishy-washy.

If you don't trust him to the point where you feel the need to call him when he is in Vegas, don't marry him.  If you are still vacillating on whether to marry him the day before things start, don't do it.  Just make a damn decision since you are fully an adult of 33. I'm seriously sick of her whining.

All those Texas people should be put in a garbage truck and dumped at a landfill.  Horrible, every one of them.  And Taylor's outfit to visit her mother?  Were those shorts with her platform heels and sequined fedora?  Jesus Christ.

I still have little to no clue why Vicki and Ben and marrying.  He is the absolute worst of the grooms

YES to the garbage truck with those ones! Not sure what is up with her choice in clothes EVER! She needs to find other things because most of what we see her in is not flattering to her height and shape. 

Mayur is a major douche. Yet she is just as bad her act IMO. I have to FF through parts of them after awhile because its just such a pain to watch. Her acting like she is just some sweet quiet innocent thing and how she had a "love marriage". *GAG* Still wondering how she does her job if she is truly the way she is on this show. He looks greasy like too with that hair. YUCK! 

1 hour ago, ExplainItAgain said:

I think it's clear that Taylor's mom walks all over her husband and is clearly in charge in that relationship. Taylor is obviously mimicking this and is determined to be in charge in her relationship with David. I think the problem is Melba sees this and probably wants David to stand up for himself and be more of a take-charge kind of guy (i.e. her "the man is in charge" relationship rules). I actually think Melba is maybe a little jealous (not sure if that's really the right word) that Taylor is in charge and gets what she wants. There is no way they will be living in that camper by the end of the series.

While I agree that Taylor's mom probably does as well which is probably part of why Taylor is the way she is BUT I have a feeling Melba has been that way with David. That its she has always been the only woman to tell David what to do and how to do it and she can't handle someone else now doing it. We have no clue how David's dad was and how Melba was like during those years compared to what she is coming off as now with her rich sugar daddy. I have a feeling its not what she is showing now though. Yet all I know is that I think David should deal with his mom and Taylor her's and leave it at that. None of this try to be friends with my mom BS and forcing it. If they didn't like each other before the wedding you knew it wasn't going to change after so give it a rest. Yet I just don't get how Melba acts like she cares for her son so much but he lives like he has. Which in turn I'm still not understanding why he lived in that to begin with and Taylor was ok marrying him while he lived in that trailer. None of it makes sense at all. 

• Love 2

Not to mention ... does Taylor not work at all?  How old is she?  Also I absolutely don't believe that a teacher and football coach can't afford an apartment.  So ridiculous to even consider.  

• Love 1

1- Nobody seems happy in this show.

2- Vicky. I wonder if she is going through what many college age people go through in the sense of belonging to a group, a cult, a community, etc. For example: I'm green now, or I'm a politics militant, or I'm very strictly religious... I hope it is not a face and she is really convinced this is the path she wants for her life.

3- How did the Texas couple get arranged if their families hate each other? That story is so over the top I don't know where to start. 

• Love 2

Passthepopcorn, that is the thing many of us have wondered about..how can this show be called Arranged if not one single couple is really arranged? The Texas couple was fixed up by the girl's brother who was friend's with David. The Indian couple work together and knew each other already. Then Vicky had her friends, for some stupid reason, fix her up with Ben. So really all of them were more so fixed up by someone else and dating in a sense before getting married. Even Maneka considering she goes to the man's house and works with him. Which guess we at this rate the show should be called fixed up by (fill in blank) and getting married instead of arranged. And I agree that none of them seem happy at all. Which getting married is suppose to be a happy event in your life. Sure things happen and can go wrong at times during that planning or the wedding even but boy they all seem miserable more than anything. 

2 hours ago, ChlcGirl said:

Not to mention ... does Taylor not work at all?  How old is she?  Also I absolutely don't believe that a teacher and football coach can't afford an apartment.  So ridiculous to even consider.  

Agree with this. He should be able to afford an apartment at the very least. Even if he hasn't been teaching that long he should be making more then enough for himself to have lived better than that. Not sure if she works or not but was curious about it too. Let's say she doesn't, they still should be able to afford a 1 bedroom apartment there. 

• Love 3

Oh, Taylor, oh, Taylor. Fuck her, man. What a revolting personality. I don't know what David sees in her and I don't know why they married. I'm going to hope that there was a positive pregnancy test in the mix somewhere.

Ben and Mayur, too. Good heavens, this season has some revolting people who shouldn't be allowed near a ten-foot-pole from any woman or man. 

• Love 4
On May 24, 2016 at 10:39 PM, Tara Ariano said:

I was watching the bridal shower scene very closely on total Wig Alert. I think I only spotted 3, one being the horrifying shag thing I believe you referenced. I was also wanting to check out the shower snacks, but the wigs won my attention.

On 5/31/2016 at 5:20 PM, Evil Queen said:

He should be able to afford an apartment at the very least. Even if he hasn't been teaching that long he should be making more then enough for himself to have lived better than that. Not sure if she works or not but was curious about it too. Let's say she doesn't, they still should be able to afford a 1 bedroom apartment there. 

I had to do a little search this morning.  I don't know if David actually works in Fort Worth or another district, but here's what I found in Fort Worth for teachers  

The median annual Teacher High School salary in Fort Worth, TX is $56,353, as of May 31, 2016, with a range usually between $44,651-$66,193 not including bonus and benefit information and other factors that impact base pay. 

Of course I have no idea what he actually makes, but I think between being a high school teacher as well as a coach, he does OK.  I know elementary school teachers who just graduated from college that can afford a one bedroom apartment.  The trailer is just their storyline.  

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, Lisa418722 said:

I had to do a little search this morning.  I don't know if David actually works in Fort Worth or another district, but here's what I found in Fort Worth for teachers  

The median annual Teacher High School salary in Fort Worth, TX is $56,353, as of May 31, 2016, with a range usually between $44,651-$66,193 not including bonus and benefit information and other factors that impact base pay. 

Of course I have no idea what he actually makes, but I think between being a high school teacher as well as a coach, he does OK.  I know elementary school teachers who just graduated from college that can afford a one bedroom apartment.  The trailer is just their storyline.  

So true. I can't see Taylor marrying anyone that couldn't keep her in blusher, tacky platform shoes and sequined hats.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Lisa418722 said:

I looked it up too and the real estate in the area for sale and rent. I know its a big area but this has to be for the show because there is no reason on his salary along they could not afford an apartment or even a house. I don't know if the homes are in iffy areas or what since I have no idea about TX neighborhoods. I just know that where I am in the iffy part of town doesn't have cheap homes or apartments for rent. I tried to see if the state had a site like California does that shows the incomes for those that work in schools but I couldn't really find the same thing. The only thing I came across with his name was something about a Safety Officer for Dept of Transportation paid at a close to $45k a year in 2014. Not sure if that is him or not but just tossing it out there. Now I am done feeling stalker like. LOL But no matter what I am not sure still why this is even being done with the trailer thing since the drama revolves around mommy dearest and not even how they supposedly live. 

• Love 1