Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 5/23/16

Jaded
  • Start Topic

Monday: T.I. ("Roots"); "View Your Deal" with hottest items at affordable prices hosted by contributor Stacy London.

Tuesday: Will Arnett ("Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows").

Wednesday"The View"'s Karaoke Contest: the co-hosts sing their favorite hits with superstar surprise guests, and L.A. Reid and Boy George judge.

Thursday: A "View" Exclusive: Sarah Silverman and Sister Rabbi Susan Silverman ("Casting Lots: Creating a Family in a Beautiful, Broken World"); inspired by Refinery29's mission to "Take Back the Beach," the co-hosts will share their stories about body image and confidence with Stacy London.

Friday: Martina McBride performs a new song from her album "Reckless"; gadgets with Katie Linendoll.

Whoopi, Jedidamndiah, Joy, Sunny, Paula.

Seriously, Whoopi's just in the way now. She's all mouth & her way or the highway. Everybody's just tolerating her & biding their time til the new season. Look for Joy, Sara Haines, Sunny, Paula & a cohost to be named later as the new staple lineup.

Go away, Stacy London.

• Love 5

I can't believe I'm saying that I am increasingly impressed by Sunny and increasingly annoyed by Paula. It's because of how they argue. Sunny doesn't get emotional -- but she  is ice cold in bringing up facts to support her POV and stating them simply and succinctly. Paula OTOH gets very wordy - a stream of words keeps coming out, and if she's not convincing, she repeats them over and over. Plus, she gets sort of a slightly condescending tone of voice, just a bit, like she's trying to talk to someone who's stupider than she is.

I don't agree with a lot that Sunny says, but I'm sure favoring her presence more than Paula's right now. And I started out very much liking Paula.

• Love 13
40 minutes ago, Fisher King said:

Seriously, Whoopi's just in the way now. She's all mouth & her way or the highway. Everybody's just tolerating her & biding their time til the new season.

I never thought it was possible to match Hasselbeck's inarticulate rants but Whoopi is nipping at her heels. This woman cannot express a cogent thought!

• Love 6

Look for Joy, Sara Haines, Sunny, Paula & a cohost to be named later as the new staple lineup

No just no to airhead Sara Haines. She is way too much like Paula and too close. This will become GMA's View.

Again, just no!

• Love 3

So Sunny's husband is the one who lays down the law about lip gloss on their daughter, what a surprise.   No leggings allowed, either.  Because Mr. Sunny, as a man, can see things Sunny can't.  

And Sunny actually buys this load of horse shit?  Seriously? 

Look, don't get me wrong.  I am all for protecting little girls.  But don't tell me some man is more capable of spotting something inappropriate than I am.  That's just crap. And I can't believe Sunny Hostin actually believes her ability to perceive such things is inferior to her husband, either.  Is it possible that she is really that naive and insecure? She is just going to let her old man do the thinking for her about certain subjects?  Because he has a penis?  Really? 

It is starting to look to me like Sunny is solidly positioned under her husband's thumb and her daughter is being raised the same way.  Hmph.  I was not surprised to hear this crap from Paula, but coming from Sunny is was really disappointing. 

I wonder if Sunny is allowed to tell her husband what he can wear when he leaves the house because "as a woman" she can see things he doesn't and she wants to protect him from the marauding females of the world?   How would it go over if she said "no red sports car" because it sends the wrong message, lol ... yeah right.  Not in a million years.

• Love 6

So. I missed the first 16 minutes because my local affiliate was reporting the not guilty for the second officer who went with a bench trial and was found not guilty. It ended and the show was still in progress, and Whoopi was asking something, and Sunny talked about how the prosecutor in this case was probably politically motivated when she made the decision to indict six officers within/less than 2 months.

Jabbadiahut can shut up, along with Paula. Jeebus Cripes. And I'm only 25 minutes in; well techinically 10, due to the preemption. Though I did love the look of Joy, trying not to throw up when she used the hypothetical of what if Drumpf were president. She's so honest about her feelings and not shouting out or spouting talking points.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Vinyasa said:

No just no to airhead Sara Haines. She is way too much like Paula and too close. This will become GMA's View.

Again, just no!

I totally get your frustration. My further opinion on the Sara addition is that the show is morphing into GMA's 3rd or 4th hour, and will officially become that by the time Joy's contract is up. Some of you fine folks have already tossed that idea around.

• Love 3

Really? Really, Paula? You can only get ears pierced if you can be responsible for taking care of your...ears? Did I hear that right? Well, I got mine pierced when I was 9 months old! She probably would accuse my parents of being irresponsible.

I watched the original Roots when it came out. I was wee. And I recently rewatched it when it was on one of the cable channels, but I don't know if the remake can even come close.  I mean, the STAR power of small screen and big screen acting talent...seeing Television's Greatest Dads as racists and slave traders and owners! Papa Walton (Ralph Waite), Mike Brady (Robert Reed), The Rifleman (Chuck Connors)! Is the remake going to be as long as the original? That kids or young'uns of today's generation can't "get into" the original, because it's "too slow?" That's just shit. That's like saying that all the classic, black and white movies from 40, 60 years ago, should be remade so the young'uns can "get into it."

Err, I'm sorry. But no child, baby should be making those kinds of poses. That one they showed, that was no innocent pose.

• Love 4
55 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Err, I'm sorry. But no child, baby should be making those kinds of poses. That one they showed, that was no innocent pose.

And I always thought you were a woman, GHScoriosRule.  But I know now that you can't be because only men can see things like that.  

At least according to the Hostins.

• Love 11
Just now, Celia Rubenstein said:

And I always thought you were a woman, GHScoriosRule.  But I know now that you can't be because only men can see things like that.  

At least according to the Hostins.

Hahahahaha heeehehhhheeeeeehoooooooooohahahahahahaha

• Love 3

I only saw the first round of Hot Topics because I had to go to the vet. I did like how Sunny and Joy handled Jed's and Paula's nonsense on Trump's lack of empathy (although it sounds like Sunny spit out some more nonsense of her own later in the show). The show's so much worse than the Elisabeth years at this point because there's two of the Fox News dingbats now and only Joy there to be likable ever since Whoopi dived off the deep end. I really don't blame any viewers who jump ship if Jed is hired. She is unbearable and Paula's gone the same way. I think ari333 might've been scared off already; haven't seen them posting lately.

• Love 1
8 hours ago, Rick Kitchen said:

What the heck was Paula wearing today?  Are shoulder pads coming back?

That dress didn't do her any favors at all.  And while I'm at it, I love her shoes but she's worn them like FOUR times in SIX days.  Grrrrrr. I hate that.  

8 hours ago, rcc said:

http://www.tvguide.com/news/strut-transgender-models-series-oxygen-whoopi-goldberg/

Hopefully Whoopi is on the way out of The View and becoming a show producer for Oprah's network.

We can always hope but "executive producing" isn't a full time job is it?  Mostly, it's just her production company putting up the money I think.  Besides, Whoopi will never ever give up the easy money of The Spew voluntarily; it's four hours a week without any evidence of prep of any kind like pre-reading the teleprompter or even hair/makeup/wardrobe.   And for that she's getting $5 million.   Nope, she's not going anywhere unless they fire her.  

How dumb was the "Does the president need to have empathy?"  Not Hot Topic.    Yes, Whoopi empathy is important - not only for the POTUS but in order to be a good person.  And of course Hilary has empathy; she's not only a [good] mother but like Joy said, she's worked her entire career for children's causes that would be impossible to do without empathy.   Geezus, this show is dumb. 

• Love 3
5 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Really? Really, Paula? You can only get ears pierced if you can be responsible for taking care of your...ears? Did I hear that right? Well, I got mine pierced when I was 9 months old! She probably would accuse my parents of being irresponsible.

I watched the original Roots when it came out. I was wee. And I recently rewatched it when it was on one of the cable channels, but I don't know if the remake can even come close.  I mean, the STAR power of small screen and big screen acting talent...seeing Television's Greatest Dads as racists and slave traders and owners! Papa Walton (Ralph Waite), Mike Brady (Robert Reed), The Rifleman (Chuck Connors)! Is the remake going to be as long as the original? That kids or young'uns of today's generation can't "get into" the original, because it's "too slow?" That's just shit. That's like saying that all the classic, black and white movies from 40, 60 years ago, should be remade so the young'uns can "get into it."

My parents had my ears pierced when I was 8 years old.  Definitely not a sexy thing.  Cultural.

I studied film as a major, and while I agree, why do a remake, the reality is that younger generations will never watch those films or older TV series.  So I get the Roots remake idea, and I am looking forward to seeing it.

I think the conversation they should have had about the Chris Brown daughter story is:  Why did he think it was okay to tweet his criticism of his Baby Momma and how she is raising his daughter to the world.  Seriously?  They never even talked about this.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Sunflower Sue said:

Since Merideth' show has been cancelled, she will come back on the View.

Anything is possible, but Meredith is under contract to NBC and will co-host the Rio Olympics this summer.  I love Joy and think she does a more than acceptable job as  moderator, but she isn't a *star*, at least in ABC's mind.  I expect Whoopi will accept their lowball offer and re-sign for a couple years.  The show has spent absolutely zilch amount of time even trying to audition Paula as moderator, so it seems ABC expects to keep Ms Goldberg around.

(edited)
3 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

....two of the Fox News dingbats now......don't blame any viewers who jump ship if Jed is hired. She is unbearable and Paula's gone the same way. 

Romney won white women in 2012, as did McCain in 2008, and of course GWB as well. And the GOP pretty much always wins married white women.  Fox News is a ratings juggernaut because they cater and twist and promote and reinforce the (outlandish?) things that their viewers believe.  Why should The View cater to liberals, non-whites, and the gays (like me) ?  The "dingbat" crowd deserves a seat or two at the table.

Edited by SanDiegoInExile
  • Love 3

I love Joy and think she does a more than acceptable job as  moderator, but she isn't a *star*, at least in ABC's mind.  I expect Whoopi will accept their lowball offer and re-sign for a couple years.

Joy makes this show, but seems it needs the "crazy" element that Whoopi brings. Otherwise it is "The Talk" and I get bored in two minutes.

• Love 2

I would like Joy and a few more intelligent women to SHARE views that would enlighten me, rather than annoy me with stupid or silly or incredibly sexist thinking.  

Whoops' bullying and hypocrisy regarding what she says is vastly different from her real-life actions and  is not entertaining tv.

Sunny' s personal stories (and Paula snd CCB' s)  are astonishingly subservient, given Sunny's professional acumen. Paula and CCB backwards' views are understandable given their uber-religious conservatism-- which,  IMHO, means whatever they want it to mean,  i.e., sexy dancing and tight clothes are fine. 

I find myself talking, ok yelling,  back at the tv, " Are you f---ing kiddjng me?"  Morons. Is this retro tv?  

I need a dose of Rachel Maddow to restore my sanity. 

If GMA wanted to take over the third hour --ehen Joy leaves--thats fine with me. More time and less tv.  I got books to read and a dog to walk. 

• Love 8
10 hours ago, SanDiegoInExile said:

Romney won white women in 2012, as did McCain in 2008, and of course GWB as well. And the GOP pretty much always wins married white women.  Fox News is a ratings juggernaut because they cater and twist and promote and reinforce the (outlandish?) things that their viewers believe.  Why should The View cater to liberals, non-whites, and the gays (like me) ?  The "dingbat" crowd deserves a seat or two at the table.

They already have a seat or three at the table (and occasionally, four when Sunny is dishing her '50s relationship advice). Jedidiah is not needed. She doesn't bring anything that Paula doesn't already provide in spades--unfortunately.

• Love 1

Wish Bernie would clear his throat. And Candace's voice is awful. With as much on camera experience as she's had, you'd think she'd be able to modulate it better. Bitsy lowered her voice for her Fox gig, didn't she?

• Love 3

I missed the first half of the Bernie interview because the power went out and came back right as they were starting this 2nd half. I missed him calling Whoopi by Joy's name.

I am glad that Joy and Whoopie were tough on Bernie, it shows to me that they can be fair. They can like a candidate and call them out on their shit..Unlike Paula, Jedediah and the Christian Barbie who are all about their side winning and beating a Democrat....Paula is constantly saying that nobody wants a Saint in chief, when she defends Donald Trump's bigotry and hatefulness...I loved the fact that Bernie called out Donald Trump and his supporters on the panel had nothing to say in his defense..I noticed today for the first time how sneaky Paula can be with her questions to Bernie about Hillary Clinton...Bernie took the time to clarify his statements and he debunked the validity of the polls, something that Paula is always using in her campaign against Hillary...

• Love 5
(edited)

Candace needs to shut the f up. Nikki Hailey and Elizabeth Warren both have been trolled disgustingly online. Samantha Bee did an amazing piece showcasing several female politicos who were called vile names. They talked abt the BS names and laughed at the trollers. It's SEXISM, you women  on the view!  

Not every woman wants to accept the subservient roles as CCB, Paula, and Sunny, do so. Hypocrites. Live your beliefs and go home and mind your kids and serve (blech) your huzzbins. 

Edited by Tosia
  • Love 9

Not every woman wants to accept the subservient roles as CCB, Paula, and Sunny, do so. Hypocrites. Live your beliefs and go home and mind your kids and serve (blech) your huzzbins. 

This is my problem with women like Paula CCB and Sunny.  They all want to be applauded for choosing to live their life the way they want 

however they give grief to women who don't live their lives such as they do.  Irritates the shit out of me.

• Love 14
(edited)

I caught some of the after show. It was interesting and very relaxed. Raven (not on today's show) came from back stage to welcome CCB back and then disappeared quickly. A little weird. An audience member asked about the group being able to share their various opinions without getting angry with one another. Joy said they're friends and get along well although it hasn't always been that way throughout the 20 years she's been on the show.  Whoopi's presence would've messed things up. I'm glad she doesn't participate in the after show. 

Edited by merriebreeze
  • Love 2

I am glad that Joy and Whoopie were tough on Bernie, it shows to me that they can be fair. 

I would have no problem with it were it not for the fact that they are Hillary supporters and wouldn't have acted that way to Hillary.

BTW, would they call Hillary by her first name?

• Love 1
(edited)
31 minutes ago, Rick Kitchen said:

I would have no problem with it were it not for the fact that they are Hillary supporters and wouldn't have acted that way to Hillary.

Joy is a Sanders supporter. She's been very open about being hot for him.

I couldn't watch the Bernie interview because his voice was irritating to me. I know that they all get hoarse after days on the campaign trail, men and women alike, but it's just unpleasant for me to hear from anyone. My state's primary is over, and I'm voting for the Democratic nominee in the general election, so I don't feel compelled to hear every word.

I'm sure they called Hillary "Hillary" when she visited a few months ago. I remember them calling the First Lady "Michelle" when she was a guest. They're equal-opportunity overly friendly!

Edited by ChicagoCita
1 hour ago, Rick Kitchen said:

Joy has been very vocal in her love for Bernie. She has said that she loves both Bernie and Hillary..She would support whomever got the nomination..She has said that Bernie's promises of universal healthcare that goes beyond Obamacare  and free college are not attainable goals...

• Love 3
(edited)

A few things..

Joy was a fan of Bernie but never really a supporter. Her and Whoopi are currently staunch Hillary supporters and no in fact they would have not been as tough on Hillary, as her interview was extremely soft and lighthearted as I am sure she had to first approve the questions and everything. She does TV interviews as little as possible if everyone has not noticed. The previous Bernie interviews were more lighthearted but every phoned in or skyped interview is different.

Also a few things from the after show, Sunny mentioned that she is pro life but would not vote for over that issue. She seems to be more of a fiscal democrat and a social conservative (other than race and LGBT issues). and Paula said she is a moderate republican at most.

Edited by Bmarsh
  • Love 2

They weren't really tough on Bernie outside of asking about the recent violence coming from some Bernie supporters. I don't have much doubt that they would've asked Hillary the same questions if she had pretty much lost already and was still running.

• Love 5
(edited)

Nooooooooooo. :'(

I wonder if that's why she chose "And I Am Telling You I'm Not Going" to lip sing to? 

Edited by Jaded
  • Love 7
(edited)
36 minutes ago, Vinyasa said:

Whoopi is there to stay!

God help us all.

I am surprised that she was willing to take that kind of a pay cut on a show that is essentially just one long commercial. No matter how shitty The View is, you know they are making money hand over fist or they wouldn't still be here.

Edited by GiveMeSpace
  • Love 1
(edited)

I am not surprised at all,that the movie star is staying..Whoopie is a greedy bitch...Plus, I don't think that her ego can handle the fact that Joy is a better moderator than her.

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 6

From the above article in The Daily Mail:  "Michelle Collins, Candace Cameron-Bure and Raven-Symone are expected to announce their departures from the show between now and mid-July."

So THAT'S good news (for me)!!!

• Love 9