Type keyword(s) to search

Media After Time

(edited)

Looks like it's being saved for a mid-season premiere. (ABC press release, via TheFutonCritic.com)

Official Description:

TIME AFTER TIME

Based on the novel and movie "Time After Time," executive producer/writer Kevin Williamson ("The Vampire Diaries," "Scream" franchise, "Dawson's Creek") delivers a fantastical cat and mouse adventure through time when famed science fiction writer H.G. Wells is transported to modern day Manhattan in pursuit of Jack the Ripper. Once H.G. arrives in New York City, he finds a world he never thought possible and a young woman who captivates him.

The series stars Freddie Stroma ("Harry Potter" films) as H.G. Wells, Josh Bowman ("Revenge") as John Stevenson/Jack the Ripper, Genesis Rodriguez ("Big Hero 6") as Jane and Regina Taylor ("Dig") as Vanessa Anders.

"Time After Time" is from Outerbanks Entertainment in association with Warner Bros. Television. Williamson and Marcos Siega ("Blindspot," "The Following") are executive producers. Siega directed the pilot. Williamson wrote the teleplay. "Time After Time" is based on the novel written by Karl Alexander.

Hashtag: #TimeAfterTime Twitter: @TimeAfterABC Facebook: facebook.com/TimeAfterTimeABC

"First Look" Teaser Trailer:

Full Trailer:

Edited by Just Here
added full trailer

Crap. I liked the show, but I knew it was doomed from that 1st episode when it got a .7 rating. Everything is lower these days, but the nets aren't to the point, yet, where they will tolerate this low, except for maybe syndication purposes or, in the case of American Crime, the critical praise. After the failing of this premise on this show and Timeless, I think that will be it for a while. I think Making History, on Fox, is amusing also, but it isn't doing much better. Maybe it's cheap enough to make, though.

• Love 1

Maybe they could end it with a 70's encounter with Team Eyeball from Timeless:

Lucy:  "Hi.  I'm, uh, Toni Tennille and this is the Captain.  That's Barry White over there."

Wells: "I'm HG Wells and this is Jack the Ripper."

Lucy: "Oh, cool.  Good cover names."

• Love 2

Darn!  I really like the show. I knew the ratings were bad and that it would likely be canceled, but I thought we'd at least get to see the episodes they already filmed.  Bummer! ??

Edited by MzLiz
Spelling matters
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, txhorns79 said:

Well, a constant question has been whether the show's premise could actually be sustained as a weekly series, and the answer is obviously: "No." 

LOL and true.

• Love 1

Yeah, time travel shows really do need to have at least somewhat of a procedural format to work long-term, like Quantum Leap did and Timeless does/did.

It's a shame we won't get a weekly dose of Josh Bowman shirtless, though.

Freddie Stroma needs to play a prince in a Hallmark movie about a poor normal girl who works as an au pair and falls in love with said prince.  He just has that bland, wide-eyed fairy tale prince vibe to him.

• Love 3

Didn't know the ratings were that bad, but on its writing alone it deserved a cancelation. No jeopardy or suspense, and why Wells doesn't just kill the Ripper every opportunity he gets is beyond me.

Ok let this be a lesson to ABC. With the competition out there these days... you cannot put on this slop and expect people to make time for it.  Yes "match game" will be replacing it. Says alot.  

• Love 1

Too bad.  I liked it, even if it was kind of a mess.  I think it was too ambitious for its own good.  They could have just done a time travel show but instead they had to layer in the tired double/triple cross whodunit conspiracy element.  I think the show would have been a lot better without the horrific actress who attempted her terrible acting skills as Vanessa Anders, and her sinister boyfriend Griffin.  

HG Wells chasing Jack the Ripper through time would have been enough.

• Love 5
37 minutes ago, NeenerNeener said:

I suspected this would happen when I saw that just about every network had a time travel show this season. 

The cast of Timeless is jockeying HARD for a second season. I would say Timeless is the only one of the time travel shows this season that actually does deserve a second season.

• Love 4
11 hours ago, blackwing said:

HG Wells chasing Jack the Ripper through time would have been enough.

They tried "[X] chases [Y] through time" on the first season of Legends of Tomorrow and it gets old fast.  A large part of Timeless was "[X] chases [Y] through time" and it's probably cancelled too.

(edited)

It's pretty disrespectful to fans who gave this show a chance to be deprived the opportunity to watch the remaining episodes.  This has happened to me multiple times when shows were cancelled.  These networks' treatment of audiences is one of the reasons why people are turning to cable networks and streaming productions like Netflix.

Edited by Camera One
  • Love 7
18 hours ago, Camera One said:

It's pretty disrespectful to fans who gave this show a chance to be deprived the opportunity to watch the remaining episodes.  This has happened to me multiple times when shows were cancelled.  These networks' treatment of audiences is one of the reasons why people are turning to cable networks and streaming productions like Netflix.

Well I do agree with that. When are networks going to learn... in this day and age the audience is in the driver's seat.. not them.

• Love 1