Type keyword(s) to search

OutDaughtered - General Discussion

Message added by PrincessPurrsALot

Snark the show, not each other.  Civility matters. If a poster's posts routinely annoy you, please use the Ignore feature.  Hover over their user name and you will see a popup with an ignore option.

• Start Topic

So this “friend” Deb who came over to help out for a couple of hours, knows enough about the girls and the running of the house to get them from the bus stop, do the after-school snacks, homework, whatever, give them dinner, do baths/showers/pajamas/bedtime, since Adam was delayed by several hours, and got home after they were in bed. 

And they claim they’ve never had someone help them with the raising of their kids. Right. Right. 

• Like 7
(edited)
11 hours ago, ButterQueen said:

I don’t believe she’s so busy with her boutique…..

When did it become obligatory for everyone with a reality TV show to start a clothing store?

Edited by eel2178
  • Like 3
  • Applause 7
  • LOL 2

Yes, both of Danielle's sisters help a lot, especially when they lived close to Dale and Krystal.  They since moved to another subdivision closer to the other sister and her husband.             The original house had a huge mold issue.   

• Like 2
(edited)
On 5/23/2024 at 6:08 PM, SDVegas said:

So this “friend” Deb who came over to help out for a couple of hours...never had someone help them with the raising of their kids. Right. Right. 

Deb was one of the regular "friends who help" years ago, so yeah.  She and a couple of others would go on trips with them to wrangle all the children (so A&D could have couples time and D could have girls' time drinking with her sisters); they also had a regular nanny who I think left for college or moved away or...?  I don't know why they're now lying about never having help; maybe for new viewers who wouldn't remember..

Edited by Dibs
  • Like 5
(edited)

Any parent outside of classroom- "how is my child doing?"

Any teacher anywhere- "I'd love to discuss your child with you in a conference where we have the time and confidentiality."

All of them should know better. 

Edited by BAForever
  • Like 1
  • Love 4
14 hours ago, BAForever said:

Any parent outside of classroom- "how is my child doing?"

Any teacher anywhere- "I'd love to discuss your child with you in a conference where we have the time and confidentiality."

All of them should know better. 

Also, the teachers are off the clock and it doesn't seem right to make someone work at  a party you're throwing for them. (It may have been producer-driven, though.)

That said, I like the Busbys.

• Like 2
(edited)

It used to be an off white, white washed brick.    There was an article a few years ago about their reno on the mansion they bought.  I know it wasn't the old house, because that house didn't have a pool.   

Painting houses black is a trend.  I see no reason to paint a house black in Texas, where the heat is so high for a lot of the year.   

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Like 5
  • Useful 2

Their house looks like Transylvania with all that black. Very gloomy. 
I was looking forward to the return but it’s pretty tedious watching how they need some help. They can have all the help they need and probably do. 

• Like 3

It's been a hot minute since I've checked in with the Busbys but it's not uncommon that at least some of the quints would have some major learning difficulties, especially with reading.

I believe during the prime time they would've first started learning how to read, they were still doing remote learning because of covid so maybe Ava (really all of them) would've benefited a lot more from one-on-one hands on instruction then and she never got that then. 

I have family that work in the school system and a ton of children their age are still very behind developmentally because of that period. 8 is the new 6. Too bad her dyslexia will no doubt be aired out and analyzed for strangers' viewing pleasure, just like Parker's "anxiety". 

• Like 3
10 hours ago, overtherainbow said:

Too bad her dyslexia will no doubt be aired out and analyzed for strangers' viewing pleasure, just like Parker's "anxiety". 

Shillers gotta shill @overtherainbow. Who writes the Busby tell-all in 10 years? Hazel is the obvious guess- maybe Parker?

• Wink 2
  • Love 1
On 6/3/2024 at 1:50 PM, BAForever said:

Who writes the Busby tell-all in 10 years?

My money would be on Blayke.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 4
(edited)

Ooooooooh, the way I absolutely RAN to this thread when I heard Dale refer to Adam participating in caring for the kids as "Daddy Daycare"....... A FATHER PUTTING IN TIME WITH HIS CHILDREN IS NOT "DAYCARE", bud 🤬

Edit: Ok, having watched a bit more, as a Single Mom By Choice, Adam legitimately reinforces my decisions. I know that Adam is Not All Men, but like, I only have a 1:1 child-to-one-parent ratio, compared to their 1:3, and it is really hard trying to balance career and family, but I manage. 

The concept of a second parent getting equal billing while only being involved as a luxury or convenience (as Adam seems to be) would be SO unfair and insulting. I think I would lose my mind. Adam famously "gave up his career" to "take care" of the quints, but he also has plenty of time to get bulked up at the gym and purchase ridiculous, impractical Jeeps and can't help organize a closet?! Nah, dude, you HELLA have your own life that many parents (of "typical" family-size would dream of. You are not a hero.

I very much understand having a hard time giving up one's career and life and dreams when kids come around, but please don't feign that you're the martyr/hero/victim while actively NOT living up to the hype you've chosen to put on display. 

Edited by AllisonWonderland
  • Like 3
  • Applause 5
(edited)

These people are just weird.  They let poor Blayke go on and give a presentation about having her own YouTube ch then they let all the other quint girls put in their two cents about what they want.  Then they talk about their (D&A) concern for online bullying?  Ahhhh, sure - don't they think that what they just did there totally set her up for online bullying?  Honestly they are setting their kids up every week by having a stupid TV show about them..

The interview with the potential housekeeper, tutor, nanny, driver, laundry doer, cook, surrogate parent, dog parent etc.  I wasn't surprised she backed out, they were really piling on what they expected from her it sounded like a full on 12 hour day and she was expected to do everything, were they going to do anything?!?   Oh right, they were both going to be at work lol.

Edited by endure
  • Like 4
  • Useful 1

The quints were asked to pack their own luggage for the YouTube convention and Danielle was shocked -- SHOCKED! -- that they neglected to pack a change of clothes. 

There was a brief close-up of the fastener holding one of Danielle's cheap hair extensions in place. 

• Like 1
  • Wink 1
  • LOL 5
14 hours ago, mmecorday said:

There was a brief close-up of the fastener holding one of Danielle's cheap hair extensions in place. 

It's looking like Adam may need to borrow those extensions in the near future.

• LOL 7
3 hours ago, TipseyGirl said:

It's looking like Adam may need to borrow those extensions in the near future.

He will be looking for a transplant opportunity lol 

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
On 6/5/2024 at 8:41 PM, mmecorday said:

The quints were asked to pack their own luggage for the YouTube convention and Danielle was shocked -- SHOCKED! -- that they neglected to pack a change of clothes. 

That reminds me of a Partridge Family episode where Shirley and Laurie decide to take a mother/daughter camping trip, and Keith and Danny decide to surreptitiously follow them to "keep them safe." All the guys packed was socks and underwear, and the tag line for the episode was "Mom always packs the rest" whenever they needed something they hadn't thought to bring with them.

• Like 3

I didn't notice Danielle's extensions, but I did notice how wide her part line is getting; she must be having some extreme thinning (her hair was never thick to begin with).  She seems to have lost weight, though; Wegovy?  And it looks like Aunt Kiki does weight training!

• Like 4

Finally watched- these thoughts.

Adam- your mullet vehicle is crazy. You must get about 12 mpg.

Danielle- you seriously could not have expected the girls to pack without a list or supervision. 

Blayke- many kids your age want a social media presence. Very few get one. Stick with friends, school and volleyball. The social media life is brutal.

The Busby's don't want a nanny- nannies deal with kids. They want a housekeeper/babysitter/cook. 

I'm really starting to dislike these people.

• Like 9

Nobody watched last episode? It bored me too. Just not too interesting in watching couples counseling,  Danielle poorly hanging clothes from her vanity shop and the girls clean. Stick a fork in this show, it's done.

• Like 7
54 minutes ago, BAForever said:

Nobody watched last episode? It bored me too. Just not too interesting in watching couples counseling,  Danielle poorly hanging clothes from her vanity shop and the girls clean. Stick a fork in this show, it's done.

I agree, this show is so boring and Danielle's such a drone.  She has no vulnerability or compassion, I actually almost feel sorry for Adam, she's so cold and detached.  But she thinks she is in control, and I honestly couldn't believe she thinks she has skills to offer other mothers of multiples, wow! I really hope she does go for therapy and can get some help because maybe she can really benefit and find a better reality for herself.  She can't even keep her own bathroom in order.  Instead of being supportive and understanding her own sister was being rude and judgey, kind of sad.                    

• Like 6
On 6/15/2024 at 2:46 AM, camom said:

Kiki was a real bitch about Danielle going to a therapist. Way to support your sister. 

Kiki is not she sharpest knife in the drawer anyway. She thinks she's a "star", but all she does is riding the Busby's coattails. 

• Like 3

This show is so boring that I keep toggling between it and the James K. rerun on "My 600-pound Life."

• Like 1

Still with them wanting someone to do two jobs and be paid for one?

What do they not understand? They need a housekeeper (which I don’t believe they don’t have already). And they need a nanny. I’m glad to see that (so far) nobody is fool enough to agree to do both for one salary. 

• Like 11
4 hours ago, SDVegas said:

What do they not understand? They need a housekeeper (which I don’t believe they don’t have already). And they need a nanny. I’m glad to see that (so far) nobody is fool enough to agree to do both for one salary. 

Agreed. TLC wants us to believe the family can't afford 2 helpers but can afford a trip to Disney World. Yea I know TLC is [paying for the trip. Kate Plus 8 used to take many, many trips when they ran out of story ideas. 

• Like 7
5 hours ago, SDVegas said:

My guess is that as usual it's all a storyline.   When the quints came home from the NICU, they had a bunch of church and family volunteers.  I remember Danielle whining about the drop off in volunteers.     They've had at least one full time nanny forever, and probably more.      I don't believe that the parents do much for the kids off camera.    

• Like 5

Danielle and Adam meet up with younger parents of multiples and both of them tell the other parents how it gets worse, I doubt that is even close to what they wanted to hear.  Then Danielle reminds Adam once again, do you know what week this is, didn't they just go through a similar situ a few weeks ago?  These two are just pretty clueless lol. Instead of helping everyone like parents of multiples the nice etc why don't they try sticking to their chaotic lives and try to get it together instead of complaining and bickering about it non stop.  They are so annoying.

12 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

My guess is that as usual it's all a storyline.   When the quints came home from the NICU, they had a bunch of church and family volunteers.  I remember Danielle whining about the drop off in volunteers.     They've had at least one full time nanny forever, and probably more.      I don't believe that the parents do much for the kids off camera.    

I remember Mimi, Danielle's mum lived with them when the quints were babies, so she probably helped them 24/7.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Sucked back in- too hot for anything outside. Calling total shenanigans on Adam signing up the younger girls for cheer the week before the event. Nope. Something like that is organized months prior.

And the other couples of multiples looked like clones of Adam and Danielle. White, slim, wealthy, hair and makeup all done.  Not the real world.

Glad the young nanny women turned them down. They need Alice from the Brady Bunch for all of that work. 

Hey Danielle,  if you're so busy and overwhelmed taking a family of 8 to Disney may not be a great idea.

• Like 6

Hey Danielle,  if you're so busy and overwhelmed taking a family of 8 to Disney may not be a great idea.

The episode in which the Busby family and their assorted hangers-on was an extended commercial for Walt Disney World. During which there was a commercial for Walt Disney World. I was only half-watching, but it appears the family didn't arrive at the resort hotel until 2 a.m. after multiple flight delays due to weather. This gave me second-hand exhaustion. 

• Like 2
On 6/19/2024 at 3:15 AM, SDVegas said:

Me watching this episode:

"Oh good! I'm so glad they FINALLY FRICKIN GOT IT that this is not a job for one person! These two ladies look like they'd make a perfect team to help with the girls and also maybe some household stuff and..... 

....Oh wait, no. Nope, that's.... not what is happening at all. Wow. They are literally only hiring for a single job, but splitting the hours (and pay) across two women. Cool. Super cool.

... Ope! Now they're taking the entire family to Disney World!"

• Like 4
13 hours ago, mmecorday said:

The episode in which the Busby family and their assorted hangers-on was an extended commercial for Walt Disney World. During which there was a commercial for Walt Disney World. 

Now we know why they decided to resurrect the show for another season: Addumb negotiated a deal for a free trip to Disney in exchange for advertising for them same way he had done with the other trips.

On 6/21/2024 at 10:54 AM, BAForever said:

Wouldn't her "illness" have prevented her from going on anything other than the kiddie rides and being out in the sun and humidity all day or has she made another miraculous recovery when it's time to do something fun?

• Like 6
  • Applause 1

If you’re so stressed out about your hectic life, and you’re already being nostalgic about your kids growing up fast, why would you take on more work, that will take you away from your kids for a whole week every month?

How about work less, spend more time with your kids, and you won’t need as much outside help. Crazy thought, I know. 

• Like 5
  • Applause 3
11 hours ago, SDVegas said:

If you’re so stressed out about your hectic life, and you’re already being nostalgic about your kids growing up fast, why would you take on more work, that will take you away from your kids for a whole week every month?

How about work less, spend more time with your kids, and you won’t need as much outside help. Crazy thought, I know. 

Because those other six businesses they're supposedly running aren't solvent, and he's trying to find another way to pay the bills to keep himself and his family in the lifestyle they became accustomed to when TLC was paying all the bills.

• Like 5
On 6/28/2024 at 2:38 PM, eel2178 said:

Because those other six businesses they're supposedly running aren't solvent, and he's trying to find another way to pay the bills to keep himself and his family in the lifestyle they became accustomed to when TLC was paying all the bills.

And TLC is not going to be paying all the bills forever.

I think Danielle is unrealistic that another good opportunity like this will present itself to Adam.

• Like 4
On 6/27/2024 at 9:22 AM, eel2178 said:

Now we know why they decided to resurrect the show for another season: Addumb negotiated a deal for a free trip to Disney in exchange for advertising for them same way he had done with the other trips.

Wouldn't her "illness" have prevented her from going on anything other than the kiddie rides and being out in the sun and humidity all day or has she made another miraculous recovery when it's time to do something fun?

I wondered if she (Danielle) would be able to get out of bed on the trip, but of course the could!  It didn't stop her from droning on and complaining nonstop. This show is too annoying to watch, there's nothing to like or enjoy about it for me.  The parents complain about the same issues constantly and if I didn't have closed caption on I would never understand the quints baby talk

When the sisters take a break and go for a drink I guess they just don't invite the friend who came along for the trip?  Maybe she wanted to hang out with the dozen? kids

• Like 8
(edited)

Have they ever had any event where it wasn't to show off a sponsor product?  Or publicize a restaurant or bar, or a resort or beach house?     

Adam supposedly has had multiple job offers, and went to work for media companies, or appearing at events with the family in previous seasons.    I suspect the only real job is selling content of his kids to sponsors for commercial endorsements, and being on the show. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Like 5
On 7/1/2024 at 11:42 AM, CrazyInAlabama said:

Have they ever had any event where it wasn't to show off a sponsor product?  Or publicize a restaurant or bar?     

I guess the Busby family are a business first 😕

• Applause 4

"The friend who came along" is, of course, an employee; one of their two nannies.  They made the mistake of showing her on a vacation years ago in their retrospective tonight.  I see Mimi also reappeared!

• Like 7

I ff'd through much of last week's show that seemed to be the final one of the season, but I thought after it was over that I didn't learn anything new about the quints. I didn't hear anything about them and their personalities or their lives as quints. The whole show wasn't about the quints themselves, it was all about Danielle and her whining about how much work six kids are. It's not her that people are tuning in to see but she sure made it all about herself. Boring.

• Like 5
On 7/2/2024 at 9:37 PM, endure said:

I guess the Busby family are a business first 😕

It's The Truman Show just like the Gosselins, the Duggars and all the others.

Now that Dumbing It Down For The Derricos has added another divorce to the TLC roster, the Busbys really should be paying a little more attention to trying to adjust to life in the real world instead of with all the cameras in the Land of Make Believe. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
On 9/24/2020 at 5:31 AM, Joan of Argh said:

Omg Waldo, I haven't laughed that hard in a long time. 😂😂😂

I agree there was a time when Hazel Basil looked like a strange little chicken, with her nose that looked like a bird beak, her bright red hair sticking up in all directions like feathers, her beady little eyes looking in opposite directions while she cocked her head sideways to compensate and all the while drooling on everything.

I'm surprised that Hazel turned out to be fairly normal looking.

Parker has always been a little weird and she's the meanest of the quints, hitting her big sister Blayke... And it was obvious that Blayke was afraid of her because Blayke is a sweet little girl and doesn't like fighting.... Parker just stood there with a nasty scowl and her face red with anger.

Riley used to be the cute one but according to recent pics she's turning into a butter face

The twins are a little bug-eyed but their personalities seem okay

Waldo I'm Sorry to hear of your loss ❤

Does anyone else besides me have major issues with what seems to be ZERO discipline in this family? Kids fighting, screaming etc , All the time?? I'm new to this platform  As I just recently found this family & have been binge watching seasons while recovering from some health issues. I'm shocked at how the still are not made to behavior appropriately. Or how they all talk like babies. My granddaughter just turned 5 and she doesn't talk anything like these kids. Maybe it's just me, maybe I'm too critical. 

Oh, and I'm absolutely DYING about the strange little chicken observation. Lol, Spot on description if you ask me. 

• Like 2

Oh dear. Don't go into business if you don't know anything about it. Any decent retailer knows you pass the hanger through the garment from the hem upwards.  You don't pull the hanger through the neckline, particularly with a woven fabric.  

Always check the shape of the hanger,  it should match the "swing" of the garment.

• Like 1