Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E03: Significant Others and Significant Brothers

• Start Topic

Corey is an assistant/sexbuddy/plus one

when Kris is too busy to help Koutney with the kids or shopping or errands, "Oh honey, call Corey... he'll help you out" or "Corey honey, can you run over and give Kourtney a hand with the kids?" 

And Kim has been living with Kris (and Corey) all this time and knows nothing about Corey. And admits she doesn't know what high school her "bae" went to....nor does she seem interested in learning. 

The wetsuit under a cherry red fuzzy overcoat? How is that not on the cover of every fashion publication? 

• Love 3
11 hours ago, RoxieBear73 said:

Faye Resnick is her best friends from years ago. I think Faye was Nicole's friend as well and was involved with the OJ Simpson murder trial. 

Faye also wrote a book and posed for Playboy after her best friend Nicole's brutal murder. She tried her best to cash in on the murder scandal. It is rumored that she was quite the cokehead back then, and it's also rumored that Kris slept with OJ when she was besties with Nicole Simpson and still married to Robert Kardashian.  

• Love 1
17 hours ago, AndySmith said:

I'm not surprised he couldn't. Say what you will about the rest of the Koven, as asinine as they come off, they do hustle for their money. I remember back in the day Rob would whine on the show about how none of the sisters were including him in their plans/marketing deals/whatever. Like they owed him anything. The best he could do was those crap socks that never really took off.

Rob always came across as someone who wanted to enjoy the success and wealth of the family, but he never seemed to want to apply himself to get it.

Here I go, wanting to defend Rob.  I am fully prepared for the backlash, mind you.  In fact, I welcome it because I am clearly giving this way too much thought.

I feel like the sisters have treated Rob as their own personal play toy since he was born.  From the things I have read and heard, the family was greatly anticipating a son to carry on the K name.  When Rob was born, his nickname was "The Little Prince."  The sisters enjoyed dressing him up, playing with him (and I don't really want to think about exactly what that entails in too much detail), but would leave him alone when Robert Sr. was watching.  Khloe and Rob supposedly had a close bond, but Khloe also has zero boundaries, and Rob was most likely her favorite "target."  Then Robert Sr. passes away.  The women take care of Rob (he was still only 15, after all), and he bounces from one sister's house to another.  He seemed to become focused on what he thought his dad would want him to do (go to USC, get a law degree) but after that, Rob gets stuck, and the person he expected would help him along in life is no longer there.  Meanwhile, Kim becomes infamous, and PMK capitalizes on this.  The other girls come along for the ride.  There's not much for Rob to do...whether or not he was lazy, or kept getting shunned by his sisters and mom as they rose to fame, I don't know - probably a little of both.  Whatever, it's clear that Kris doesn't quite know what to do with her son, as she can't pimp him out like she can her girls.  In the meantime, he's getting a paycheck from Momma Kris for being on the show - what 22 year old wouldn't take that deal?  Eventually, Rob goes on DWTS (I thought he was adorable on that show, BTW) and sees this as evidence that he can, in fact, do something on his own.  But just as he's trying to do so, Khloe and Lamar guilt him into moving to Dallas to keep Khloe company.  This has always struck me as a really weird turning point - it was incredibly selfish of Khloe, and even weirder was that Rob agreed to do it.  I don't really get the power and sway that Khloe seems to hold over Rob, but it seems that while the sisters make fun of him for not doing more and going out on his own, as soon as he gives something a shot, they make fun of him and undermine his confidence.  I mean, how do you become a whole person when your own family seems to take such delight in tearing you down?  I don't recall ever seeing the sisters turn on one another in this way, but they sure seem to enjoy doing it to Rob, and even Kris joins in on the merriment from time to time.  That's got to hurt.  And why wouldn't Rob expect Kris and his sisters to give him a hand in trying something for himself when they do it for each other all the time?

That's all I've got for today.  I'm exhausted.

• Love 16
On 5/17/2016 at 11:05 PM, iwasish said:

Corey is an assistant/sexbuddy/plus one

when Kris is too busy to help Koutney with the kids or shopping or errands, "Oh honey, call Corey... he'll help you out" or "Corey honey, can you run over and give Kourtney a hand with the kids?" 

And Kim has been living with Kris (and Corey) all this time and knows nothing about Corey. And admits she doesn't know what high school her "bae" went to....nor does she seem interested in learning. 

The wetsuit under a cherry red fuzzy overcoat? How is that not on the cover of every fashion publication? 

Corey is the resident 'gopher'. "Corey, gopher this and gopher that"

• Love 1
16 hours ago, laurakaye said:

Eventually, Rob goes on DWTS (I thought he was adorable on that show, BTW) and sees this as evidence that he can, in fact, do something on his own.  But just as he's trying to do so, Khloe and Lamar guilt him into moving to Dallas to keep Khloe company.  This has always struck me as a really weird turning point

What was he trying to do on his own, after DWtS? He's always seemed so aimless and wanting to be taken care of.

• Love 4

Based on the show, that's when he was trying to get his sock line going.  Granted, it's not a far-reaching goal, but at least it was something to attach his name to.  I recall Kim giving him a hard time about the name of the brand, and Khloe making fun of him for wanting to design socks.

• Love 1

I'm going to jump in and defend Rob here as well. Rob's family has made their fortune selling sex. All of his sisters hustle to make money but they make it with their face and bodies. I'm not about to sing their praises for that. Their mother is the real brains behind the operation and keeps everything in line for the girls. Rob is surrounded by wealth and fame but because of the direction that his family has taken to attain that fame, Rob can't really be apart of that. Rob has been the butt of many of their jokes.  Knowing his struggles and depression with his weight, Kim went in front of cameras and basically said that his tattoo looks like a cabbage patch face because he's so fat. They complain that he's lazy but at no point have they ever been supportive of his endeavors or even taken the time to figure out a way to include him as part of the family business. Happening into fame over a damn sex tape and subsequent reality show that's been kept on the air because of such actions doesn't qualify any of these women to be so cold toward him.  WTF kind of support system is that? If you kick someone out of your house and you know their finances, why in the hell are you going to be mad that HIS MOTHER is willing to help him pay for the down payment on the home? Are the only options that he either be homeless or come crawling back to you and willing to submit to your house rules that would prevent him from spending time with the only person that seems to lift his spirit?  I think Rob loves his family because they're his family but if he was so willing to be apart of the fame and wealth, I think he would have the exact opposite experience of gaining a ton of weight and going into hiding. Whatever his issues were, I don't think he shared his deepest feelings with any of them and during that time he would his occasionally hostile moments toward them. Having the benefit of seeing the personalities of his family members and seeing how they're okay with kicking him while he's down, I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. When you're the only boy among a group of sisters who are all vapid, fame obsessed, do anything for a buck type of personalities, yeah, I'm going to give you some extra rope because I don't imagine that that's an easy thing to deal with.

I'm pretty sure Khloe was probably offended and hurt that it took someone other than her to motivate him and make him happy again.

• Love 14

About Kourtney -- I do think the whole design take-over was an act. The reason being, Kourtney shows her hand when she's 'acting.' There's an almost wink to the audience with her and a sarcasm. She did the same thing with her whole act with Kylie (about decorating). She's following a script but mocking it at the same time (probably a passive-aggressive thing towards Kris). It always comes across as forced.

• Love 2

But regardless of how the family makes or made their fortune...why did he from the beginning expect a free ride from them, instead of standing on his own feet and trying to do his own thing? Even in the early years of the show he was directionless and expected the family to take care of him.

• Love 1
25 minutes ago, AndySmith said:

But regardless of how the family makes or made their fortune...why did he from the beginning expect a free ride from them, instead of standing on his own feet and trying to do his own thing? Even in the early years of the show he was directionless and expected the family to take care of him.

Right. Is there a reason he couldn't use his college degree (and let's be honest, his father's connections) to make something of himself? Why did he think his only two options were sexy reality star or lazy pothead loser? 

• Love 2
59 minutes ago, LizzyCW said:

About Kourtney -- I do think the whole design take-over was an act. The reason being, Kourtney shows her hand when she's 'acting.' There's an almost wink to the audience with her and a sarcasm. She did the same thing with her whole act with Kylie (about decorating). She's following a script but mocking it at the same time (probably a passive-aggressive thing towards Kris). It always comes across as forced.

I agree, she was even smirking when trying to say the lines. 

• Love 3
18 minutes ago, Artsda said:

I agree, she was even smirking when trying to say the lines. 

I think she was mocking Kim and Kanye as much as Kris. Kris herself even mentioned Kanye in the conversation.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Maya said:

Right. Is there a reason he couldn't use his college degree (and let's be honest, his father's connections) to make something of himself? Why did he think his only two options were sexy reality star or lazy pothead loser? 

I guess I don't see him as asking for a free ride all that much.  I see a kind of directionless twenty-something trying some things to figure out what he's good at, like many people do at that age.  Yeah, he flaked on a couple of interviews that Kourtney set up for him, but who knows how much of this show is scripted for good tv.  I don't see asking family for help as a huge deal - my son got his first job through family connections.  And how many jobs did Khloe or Kourtney get through Kim, just for being her sisters?  I also see him trying to live up to this perfect golden standard of Robert Kardashian Sr., whom his sisters and even his mom wax poetically about.  It's got to be hard to carry the name of a famous - or "infamous" father.  The expectations are probably huge and intimidating to live up to.

I also think, although I've never heard it stated outright, that he's uncomfortable with the way his family because famous (Kim)...but heaven forbid he bring it up at the dinner table, because Kim is the golden goose of the family.  Without her "leaked" tape, none of this fame and fortune would've happened and it seems to be a topic that the others have danced around, but never talk about.  Maybe they're all cool with it, who knows.

Maybe my dislike for his evil sisters makes me feel more empathy for Rob.  Their treatment of him goes back pretty far, and we only see what is televised.  What bugs me too is that we never see the sisters turn on each other like they do to their brother.  He's an easy target, and his personality is not of someone who fights back.  I just can't imagine making fun of a family member who is struggling, especially if there's any hint of a mental disorder at work, too.

• Love 6

I don't see asking family for help as a huge deal - my son got his first job through family connections.  And how many jobs did Khloe or Kourtney get through Kim, just for being her sisters?

Kourtney did help him by trying to set up interviews through family connections, he got DWTS because Kim was on first. They can't help him if he doesn't want to do anything except sit at home and play video games with Lamar. The majority of Rob is him out or up all night then sleeping during the day. 

Kendall became a supermodel with the fame the family provided her, but through work ethic. Same with Kylie getting Puma deals and selling out lip kits. They have to have a work ethic to want to work, which Rob doesn't show. He just wants to make money but not put any effort in it.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, AndySmith said:

Because that's how they've treated him all his life. They coddled him and gave him everything. They made him feel like they were the only support system that he needed and in return, he was their punching bag. They've spent his entire life establishing this expectation, then enabling this expectation and when things get really tough with him and he doesn't feel supported or want to be around them much or their cameras, their first reaction is to cut him off - all the while slagging him on TV for being fat, lazy, etc. You can't address and help someone reverse certain behavioural patterns with a single comment or discussion and you certainly can't use the method of berating them. I'm not saying that Rob doesn't have bad tendencies that hurt himself more than anyone else. I'm not saying that he doesn't need help and learn how to get up and make things happen for himself - but especially for a family that prides themselves on their closeness and loyalty to one another - why aren't they finding simple ways of involving Rob in the family business where he can build his own credentials and he doesn't even need to do it in front of a camera or red carpet? I don't even think I have 1% of the wealth that this family does and I still found a way to invest in my brother's aspirations by teaming up with him to get on site jobs that allowed him to build his portfolio and earn some money. All of the girls used each other to move up the ladder of wealth and fame but they come across as expecting Rob to get there all on his own.

• Love 6
(edited)

That just seems like a cop out. I know plenty of people of wealth who were coddled the way Rob supposedly was all of his life, and still used their wealth to get some type of career going, even if it is just investing their money in other people's businesses. He went to college, which means he must know some people who are motivated, outside of the family. I mean, let him do something, anything. Buy and flip houses, look to be a silent partner with friends who want to start their own businesses, etc. Just...anything, really.

The wretchedness of the Koven shouldn't excuse Rob's lack of motivation in life.

Edited by AndySmith
  • Love 2
(edited)

Everyone is not built exactly the same mentally, emotionally, physically and their experiences and circumstances are certainly not identical. Applying your own hustle and outlook upon someone else without any consideration for how any of their circumstances have affected them is short sighted. Do we know his history of depression, anxiety, lack of confidence, etc? Don't be so willing to judge someone because you don't understand their situation. You can't treat people however you want to treat them and expect that no matter, they'll turn out alright because plenty of people have turned out alright. It just doesn't work like that. Because I too know people who have wealth and were coddled and turned out alright. I also know people who had wealth and were coddled and they still struggle to find their identifies and find a support system that they feel inspires them rather than belittles them. The world is beyond just or own experiences.  I'm not making excuses for Rob's situation. I'm trying to be understanding that we all face different troubles in life and I don't want to assume that just because someone has access to celebrity and has more money than me then it means they can't have the same kind of problems that I have. I see a lot of red flags in his family's attitude toward him, enough to realize that it's very possible that may have had some impact on his mental and/or emotional stability. To reiterate, not making excuses - I'm just willing to look at the side of the coin and say 'hey, we all have different strengths and some people need more help than others'. I'm not ever going to kick someone when they're down.

Edited by RHJunkie
  • Love 10

We're judging Rob the same way we judge all the people on this show. That's like saying who knows what pain is behind Kim and the others need for plastic surgery, what pain drives Lamaar to drugs and strip clubs, etc. But, since I don't want this to escalate, lets say you have your opinion on Rob, I have mine, and the twain shall not meet, and leave it at that.

• Love 2

Except that we know that Rob was suffering from depression and social anxiety and it was reflected in his behaviour. We know that Lamar is dealing with personal demons that have led him to drugs, alcohol and strip clubs. So it's not like your example at all because the consideration and understanding shown is not based on issues that are coming out of thin air. They are behaviour that has been exhibited and talked about. When Kim and the others exhibit symptoms or behavioural patterns that suggest that they are suffering from something that is impacting their behaviour and frame of mind, then sure, I'll give them same consideration and understanding. Again, I'm not about kicking someone when they're down but I agree - we're both stressing on different parts of the equation. But to be clear, it's not that I wholly disagree with you. I totally see the merit to your perspective, where we disagree is that I think the situation is more complicated than how you've presented it. 

• Love 5

In watching past seasons, Kim has been calling Rob a loser (among other things) pretty much most of his adult life. In fact, she calls him that so much that just two seasons ago Kris was on the phone with Kim, trying to get her to sympathize with Rob a little because she was worried sick about him. One of the first things she said to Kim was, "Please just listen to me and don't call him a los...". then she stopped, remembering the cameras were there. Apparently they're trying to cover up Kim's usual mantra that Rob himself confirmed many times in seasons before that one, not to mention actually watching her put him down venomously on more than one occasion throughout the KUWTK run. All of the sisters have messed with Rob, but I think Kim has been the worst to him.

• Love 3

I kinda think it's bullshit it to point at Rob in the scheme of this family and go, " he's aimless".  He's not. His aim was, like the rest of his family, to make easy money.  Unfortunately, he's not into makeup or into fitness, so besides doing the Scott route of Club host, he wasn't able to do the Kardashian route of money by passive "work".

Out of all of the kids, Kendall is the only one who ACTUALLY works, besides Khloe who manages a real job every 2 years.  Everyone else makes money being the face of things or via apps.  The fact that Rob hasn't managed to do that successfully is more because nobody's buying fit tea or waist trainers from him.

• Love 4
(edited)

His aim was to make money without any effort. At all. And expecting others to prop him up and include him in whatever idea they came up. So yeah, in the scheme of this family...aimless. And somewhat useless, too. Granted, he had the sock idea, but even then, I always got the feeling he wanted Kris and others to do all the work.

Edited by AndySmith
  • Love 4
30 minutes ago, AndySmith said:

Granted, he had the sock idea, but even then, I always got the feeling he wanted Kris and others to do all the work.

I actually think that was Kris' idea.

I kinda think it's bullshit it to point at Rob in the scheme of this family and go, " he's aimless".  He's not. His aim was, like the rest of his family, to make easy money.  Unfortunately, he's not into makeup or into fitness, so besides doing the Scott route of Club host, he wasn't able to do the Kardashian route of money by passive "work".

I actually don't think it's easy money. Things like endorsements or tweets, showing up at a club to promote. Yes all that's easy, but Kim works hard. Kendall does too, she's never home. Khloe was juggling a billion things at once and Kylie's making herself a make-up mogul. Kris managing all them can't be effortless either.

They work. Kim especially had work ethic where all her shoots and at her jobs, she was respected by her work ethic and what she put in.

Rob had no work ethic, before his mental issues he was just appearing on the show, clubbing at night, then sitting at home and collecting an allowance from Khloe. He wants to achieve all they do but he doesn't want to work like they do.

• Love 2
22 minutes ago, Artsda said:

He wants to achieve all they do but he doesn't want to work like they do.

To be fair, he doesn't have T&A to post pictures of like they do. Face it, they may have a work ethic, but it's dependent on them posting pictures of their bodies, not actually having a skill.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, GaT said:

To be fair, he doesn't have T&A to post pictures of like they do. Face it, they may have a work ethic, but it's dependent on them posting pictures of their bodies, not actually having a skill.

And they get to sit around half asleep and have their makeup done. They have assistants to run their households and do errands. Along with cleaning their homes and watching their kids. 

• Love 4
5 hours ago, Artsda said:

I actually don't think it's easy money. Things like endorsements or tweets, showing up at a club to promote. Yes all that's easy, but Kim works hard. Kendall does too, she's never home. Khloe was juggling a billion things at once and Kylie's making herself a make-up mogul. Kris managing all them can't be effortless either.

They work. Kim especially had work ethic where all her shoots and at her jobs, she was respected by her work ethic and what she put in.

Rob had no work ethic, before his mental issues he was just appearing on the show, clubbing at night, then sitting at home and collecting an allowance from Khloe. He wants to achieve all they do but he doesn't want to work like they do.

Does she? It's involved yes, but besides the schedule of it, what about any of what she does is hard work? I thought her hard work ethic was from when she was a nobody.

Kylie does nothing. She went to an established makeup brand, slapped her name on some items, and jacked up the price.  Successful, to be sure, but hard work? No. No it isnt.

Kendall works, and I've said that, but maybe because I don't follow them on social media, I don't see the others actually working "hard".  

• Love 7
8 hours ago, Watermelon said:

Does she? It's involved yes, but besides the schedule of it, what about any of what she does is hard work? I thought her hard work ethic was from when she was a nobody.

Kylie does nothing. She went to an established makeup brand, slapped her name on some items, and jacked up the price.  Successful, to be sure, but hard work? No. No it isnt.

Kendall works, and I've said that, but maybe because I don't follow them on social media, I don't see the others actually working "hard".  

They're just  busy, not working hard. 

• Love 5
(edited)
On ‎5‎/‎22‎/‎2016 at 4:56 PM, Artsda said:

I do NOT think that they work hard.  They show up on time and they are not rude to people.  These are now the tenants of hard work? 

They do not know what it is like to get up and put in a full day's work like a normal person.  And then to do it 5 days a week, and run a household.  I wouldn't even call them ambitious - I think Kris is the brains and the ambition.  Kim and Khloe especially - just do what she tells them.  They show up - that is IT.

I give Kortney a tiny bit more credit for being a hands-on mom.  That is a lot of work.  Although, I think the real "work" with parenting is the cleaning up, wiping down, chasing around, etc. and I think she has nannies/people who do the real labor of parenting.  She does seem to play with the kids and eat with them - but that's the fun part of parenting.

Edited by heatherchandler
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, heatherchandler said:

I do NOT think that they work hard.  They show up on time and they are not rude to people.  These are now the tenants of hard work? 

They do not know what it is like to get up and put in a full day's work like a normal person.  And then to do it 5 days a week, and run a household.  I wouldn't even call them ambitious - I think Kris is the brains and the ambition.  Kim and Khloe especially - just do what she tells them.  They show up - that is IT.

I give Kortney a tiny bit more credit for being a hands-on mom.  That is a lot of work.  Although, I think the real "work" with parenting is the cleaning up, wiping down, chasing around, etc. and I think she has nannies/people who do the real labor of parenting.  She does seem to play with the kids and eat with them - but that's the fun part of parenting.

I do like seeing her take P or Mason out to lunch individually and talking to them. I think she is a much more engaged mother than Kim.

• Love 5
14 hours ago, iwasish said:

I do like seeing her take P or Mason out to lunch individually and talking to them. I think she is a much more engaged mother than Kim.

Kourtney’s main goal in life was to become a mother and it’s obvious that she thoroughly enjoys and is satisfied by that role.  On the other hand, Kim’s goal is to be known and admired the world over and I don’t think motherhood comes naturally to her. But to me it seems that both she and Kanye have become much more engaged with North as the child’s gotten older and North seems happy when she's with them. I’m sure it will be the same with Saint. In any case, Kim and Kourtney are both blessed to have nannies and household staff to do much of the “heavy lifting”.

north and kanye.jpgNorth W..jpg

• Love 2
(edited)

I have thought through the years that although Kourtney seems to be a great mother and loves caring for her children that there's just something not right about her intense desire to be pregnant and have babies. There is psychological disorder recognized by psychiatrists where a woman is addicted to being pregnant for several reasons. They have the need to continuously get pregnant because of deep emotional and psychological issues, whether it is dependency needs, the need for attention and adoration, and to avoid certain problems that they have. Certainly it could be said that Kourtney qualifies under this criteria. She and Scott were having serious relationship issues going way back before Mason was born. Kourtney surely knew that Scott was an alcoholic all those years they were together. Why would any logical woman feel it's a smart thing to keep getting pregnant by a man such as Scott? Not only that, but the last pregnancy was a total shock to Scott and from his reaction when she told him, it cast him even deeper into his well of self-pity and depression.

I know that Kourtney has deep-seated resentments towards Kris for the cheating Kris did on Robert Sr. Kourtney was the oldest daughter and probably felt that hurt against her father more deeply than Kris ever realized. She stayed in a destructive relationship all those years with Scott and that was her choice. If Kourtney wasn't selfish she would have talked with Scott about more children before she became pregnant. Scott isn't a responsible person but Kourtney could have used birth control.

I'm posting the video of the moment Kourtney told Scott that she's expecting their 3rd child. If you notice, Kourtney has a smile on her face. Did she think Scott would jump up and down with joy? Obviously Scott was devastated and I agree with him when he said that Kourtney was not honest. In my opinion that was the moment that Scott physically, mentally and emotionally checked out.

Edited by HumblePi
  • Love 3
On May 26, 2016 at 4:13 PM, HumblePi said:

I have thought through the years that although Kourtney seems to be a great mother and loves caring for her children that there's just something not right about her intense desire to be pregnant and have babies. There is psychological disorder recognized by psychiatrists where a woman is addicted to being pregnant for several reasons. They have the need to continuously get pregnant because of deep emotional and psychological issues, whether it is dependency needs, the need for attention and adoration, and to avoid certain problems that they have. Certainly it could be said that Kourtney qualifies under this criteria. She and Scott were having serious relationship issues going way back before Mason was born. Kourtney surely knew that Scott was an alcoholic all those years they were together. Why would any logical woman feel it's a smart thing to keep getting pregnant by a man such as Scott? Not only that, but the last pregnancy was a total shock to Scott and from his reaction when she told him, it cast him even deeper into his well of self-pity and depression.

I know that Kourtney has deep-seated resentments towards Kris for the cheating Kris did on Robert Sr. Kourtney was the oldest daughter and probably felt that hurt against her father more deeply than Kris ever realized. She stayed in a destructive relationship all those years with Scott and that was her choice. If Kourtney wasn't selfish she would have talked with Scott about more children before she became pregnant. Scott isn't a responsible person but Kourtney could have used birth control.

I'm posting the video of the moment Kourtney told Scott that she's expecting their 3rd child. If you notice, Kourtney has a smile on her face. Did she think Scott would jump up and down with joy? Obviously Scott was devastated and I agree with him when he said that Kourtney was not honest. In my opinion that was the moment that Scott physically, mentally and emotionally checked out.

I think Kourtney is like a LOT of women that have babies with men they shouldn't. I think the woman wants the BABY, because SHE wants a baby and they tell themselves they don't need the Dad if things don't work out. Also I think Kourtney wanted all her kids with the same guy no matter how shitty he was  

Unlike the average woman Kourntey has far more monetary resources at her disposal, but no picking Scott as the father of her children wasn't the most responsible thing. However I don't think she has any sort of mental health issue etc no more than any other woman who has a baby with a loser. There have been single parents/mothers since the beginning of time, but a trend I've noticed with the self empowerment of the single mother is that women tend to wear it as a badge of honor for breeding with a loser. "Look what I had to over come because of my own poor choices." Yet they are the first ones to cry when they are all alone taking care of their kids and reality sets in. Of course it doesn't mean they won't raise their kids to be morally upstanding, contributing human beings, but you don't get any prizes from me for having poor taste in men. 

• Love 5
(edited)
On ‎5‎/‎18‎/‎2016 at 10:56 AM, RHJunkie said:

I'm going to jump in and defend Rob here as well. Rob's family has made their fortune selling sex. All of his sisters hustle to make money but they make it with their face and bodies. I'm not about to sing their praises for that. Their mother is the real brains behind the operation and keeps everything in line for the girls. Rob is surrounded by wealth and fame but because of the direction that his family has taken to attain that fame, Rob can't really be apart of that. Rob has been the butt of many of their jokes.  Knowing his struggles and depression with his weight, Kim went in front of cameras and basically said that his tattoo looks like a cabbage patch face because he's so fat. They complain that he's lazy but at no point have they ever been supportive of his endeavors or even taken the time to figure out a way to include him as part of the family business. Happening into fame over a damn sex tape and subsequent reality show that's been kept on the air because of such actions doesn't qualify any of these women to be so cold toward him.  WTF kind of support system is that? If you kick someone out of your house and you know their finances, why in the hell are you going to be mad that HIS MOTHER is willing to help him pay for the down payment on the home? Are the only options that he either be homeless or come crawling back to you and willing to submit to your house rules that would prevent him from spending time with the only person that seems to lift his spirit?  I think Rob loves his family because they're his family but if he was so willing to be apart of the fame and wealth, I think he would have the exact opposite experience of gaining a ton of weight and going into hiding. Whatever his issues were, I don't think he shared his deepest feelings with any of them and during that time he would his occasionally hostile moments toward them. Having the benefit of seeing the personalities of his family members and seeing how they're okay with kicking him while he's down, I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. When you're the only boy among a group of sisters who are all vapid, fame obsessed, do anything for a buck type of personalities, yeah, I'm going to give you some extra rope because I don't imagine that that's an easy thing to deal with.

I'm pretty sure Khloe was probably offended and hurt that it took someone other than her to motivate him and make him happy again.

On ‎5‎/‎18‎/‎2016 at 1:35 PM, laurakaye said:

I guess I don't see him as asking for a free ride all that much.  I see a kind of directionless twenty-something trying some things to figure out what he's good at, like many people do at that age.  Yeah, he flaked on a couple of interviews that Kourtney set up for him, but who knows how much of this show is scripted for good tv.  I don't see asking family for help as a huge deal - my son got his first job through family connections.  And how many jobs did Khloe or Kourtney get through Kim, just for being her sisters?  I also see him trying to live up to this perfect golden standard of Robert Kardashian Sr., whom his sisters and even his mom wax poetically about.  It's got to be hard to carry the name of a famous - or "infamous" father.  The expectations are probably huge and intimidating to live up to.

I also think, although I've never heard it stated outright, that he's uncomfortable with the way his family because famous (Kim)...but heaven forbid he bring it up at the dinner table, because Kim is the golden goose of the family.  Without her "leaked" tape, none of this fame and fortune would've happened and it seems to be a topic that the others have danced around, but never talk about.  Maybe they're all cool with it, who knows.

Maybe my dislike for his evil sisters makes me feel more empathy for Rob.  Their treatment of him goes back pretty far, and we only see what is televised.  What bugs me too is that we never see the sisters turn on each other like they do to their brother.  He's an easy target, and his personality is not of someone who fights back.  I just can't imagine making fun of a family member who is struggling, especially if there's any hint of a mental disorder at work, too.

On ‎5‎/‎18‎/‎2016 at 2:26 PM, RHJunkie said:

Because that's how they've treated him all his life. They coddled him and gave him everything. They made him feel like they were the only support system that he needed and in return, he was their punching bag. They've spent his entire life establishing this expectation, then enabling this expectation and when things get really tough with him and he doesn't feel supported or want to be around them much or their cameras, their first reaction is to cut him off - all the while slagging him on TV for being fat, lazy, etc. You can't address and help someone reverse certain behavioural patterns with a single comment or discussion and you certainly can't use the method of berating them. I'm not saying that Rob doesn't have bad tendencies that hurt himself more than anyone else. I'm not saying that he doesn't need help and learn how to get up and make things happen for himself - but especially for a family that prides themselves on their closeness and loyalty to one another - why aren't they finding simple ways of involving Rob in the family business where he can build his own credentials and he doesn't even need to do it in front of a camera or red carpet? I don't even think I have 1% of the wealth that this family does and I still found a way to invest in my brother's aspirations by teaming up with him to get on site jobs that allowed him to build his portfolio and earn some money. All of the girls used each other to move up the ladder of wealth and fame but they come across as expecting Rob to get there all on his own.

I can't with the revisionist history to support Rob's victim claim.  Rob is no victim, nor has he ever been mistreated.  Quite the opposite, he has been spoiled rotten since the moment he arrived.  Did his sisters tease and torture him in the same way that siblings do?  Of course.  They were mean to each other as well.  If I were to lay a victim card on anyone of those kids it would be on Khloe.  You could see that she was the odd man out and she disconnected from her family for years prior to being brought back to prop up the show with a personality that the others didn't have.  But lets deal with the facts:

1.  Rob was raised under his mother's roof (first with Rob Sr and then with Bruce) until he was grown and went off to college.  It was then that the family's fame took off.  Not just because of Kim's sex tape, but because of the perfect storm surrounding this family - already wealthy and already surrounded by famous associations.  Bruce was famous in his own right and the Kardashian name meant something to many because of OJ.  Kim's astonishing looks and her association with the then uber-famous Paris Hilton sealed the deal - not the sex tape.  Nobody in history has ever become famous BECAUSE of a sex tape.  A sex tape becomes famous BECAUSE of the star power of its participants.  Also she wasn't alone in the sex tape - it did nothing for him.

2.  Even in college Rob became flaky and wanted to drop out to pursue fame and fortune.  It was sister Kim who supported and arranged for professional photographers to scout Rob.  His parents and quasi famous girlfriend nixed the idea and Rob begrudgingly acquired his degree.

3.  After college Rob moved back in with Mommy and was utterly aimless.  Bruce tried to get him to apply himself.  Sister Kourtney tried to use her connections, but Rob said out of his own mouth that he didn't want to work for a lousy $30,000, he wanted to have a million in the bank by 25 or some other such nonsense.  He somehow managed to get his own place with Adrianne (probably with money he already had from being Rob Sr.'s male heir) but threw that relationship down the toilet with infidelity.

4. Then sister Kim let him come live with her for a while.  I honestly forget why and when that stopped.  But somewhere in here both siblings did DWTS and he seemed to be on his way.  But no.

5.  Then Khloe married Lamar - who at the time was a famous basketball player living the baller life.  Rob was all about that and I believe this is what did  him in for the long haul.  Because with Lamar came money and legit fame (outdoing that of the rest of the family) but also drugs and a seedy lifestyle and seedy friends.  It was around this time that Rob became a bona fide layabout.  Always drunk and sleeping all day.  So much so that Kourtney, now a mother, started to distance from him.

6.  When Lamar crashed, Rob stayed with Khloe but had started whining that he isn't as rich as his sisters.  He wanted the same money and fame that they had.  But it is not their fault that he wasn't born a sexy girl, he was an average dude with no discernible talent or marketability other than his name.  He was still a socialite while the rest of the family had created a brand. 

7. So he wanted in on that brand.  His mother arranged for him to meet with designers in an attempt to create a Men's side of Kardashian fashions with Scott.  He showed up to the meeting (that Kris and Scott also showed up to ready to do business) late, unshaven and wearing sweats.  Scott and Kris told the camera that they were embarrassed by that.  Then Kris started trying to manage other people and aspiring groups.  She had too much on her plate and literally made Rob responsible for that group - but he blew that too.  Now he designs socks.  That's cool but it is not a career.

Seriously his family that supposedly hates him have done quite a bit to help him.  But he doesn't want to work, he wants to "take off".  People can say what they want about showing up on time and behaving appropriately not being "work" but as a person who has been working her whole life, I say the opposite.  Showing up when people need you to be there, doing what they tell you to do so that THEY can make THEIR money off of you, is indeed working.  Chris Rock said it best - "Shaq is rich.  The guy who pays Shaq is wealthy."  The Kardashians are rich but not wealthy.  Kim, Kris et al wouldn't have anything if they alienated the wealthy and powerful who utilize their notoriety for business gain.  The minute they don't sell magazines with Kim, she won't be on them anymore.  Period.  Kim honestly HAS worked very hard to keep herself relevant for this long, lacking as she is in talent and education.  I can't fault a playa for winning the game.  But Rob doesn't have game.  Rob may need to - god forbid - get a regular 9 to 5 that supports him but doesn't make him an instagram favorite.  Rob would never be homeless.  The money came from his father's family.  Kris was put up in a Beverly Hills mansion long before we all marveled at Kim's ass.  Poor was never in the cards for Kardashian children -nor the Jenner children for that matter.  But Rob wants what he cant' have.  THAT is why he is depressed - not some lifelong battle with mental illness and chemical depression.  He is throwing a tantrum and nobody cares.  Nor should anybody care.  He is a very grown man with lots of resources and not one single person, nor a supposed childhood of abuse and neglect, needs to take the blame for him simply CHOOSING not to accept the resources he has because they are not the resources he wants.

Edited by Timetoread
  • Love 8
48 minutes ago, Timetoread said:

I can't with the revisionist history to support Rob's victim claim.  Rob is no victim, nor has he ever been mistreated.  Quite the opposite, he has been spoiled rotten since the moment he arrived.  Did his sisters tease and torture him in the same way that siblings do?  Of course.  They were mean to each other as well.  If I were to lay a victim card on anyone of those kids it would be on Khloe.  You could see that she was the odd man out and she disconnected from her family for years prior to being brought back to prop up the show with a personality that the others didn't have.  But lets deal with the facts:

1.  Rob was raised under his mother's roof (first with Rob Sr and then with Bruce) until he was grown and went off to college.  It was then that the family's fame took off.  Not just because of Kim's sex tape, but because of the perfect storm surrounding this family - already wealthy and already surrounded by famous associations.  Bruce was famous in his own right and the Kardashian name meant something to many because of OJ.  Kim's astonishing looks and her association with the then uber-famous Paris Hilton sealed the deal - not the sex tape.  Nobody in history has ever become famous BECAUSE of a sex tape.  A sex tape becomes famous BECAUSE of the star power of its participants.  Also she wasn't alone in the sex tape - it did nothing for him.

2.  Even in college Rob became flaky and wanted to drop out to pursue fame and fortune.  It was sister Kim who supported and arranged for professional photographers to scout Rob.  His parents and quasi famous girlfriend nixed the idea and Rob begrudgingly acquired his degree.

3.  After college Rob moved back in with Mommy and was utterly aimless.  Bruce tried to get him to apply himself.  Sister Kourtney tried to use her connections, but Rob said out of his own mouth that he didn't want to work for a lousy $30,000, he wanted to have a million in the bank by 25 or some other such nonsense.  He somehow managed to get his own place with Adrianne (probably with money he already had from being Rob Sr.'s male heir) but threw that relationship down the toilet with infidelity.

4. Then sister Kim let him come live with her for a while.  I honestly forget why and when that stopped.  But somewhere in here both siblings did DWTS and he seemed to be on his way.  But no.

5.  Then Khloe married Lamar - who at the time was a famous basketball player living the baller life.  Rob was all about that and I believe this is what did  him in for the long haul.  Because with Lamar came money and legit fame (outdoing that of the rest of the family) but also drugs and a seedy lifestyle and seedy friends.  It was around this time that Rob became a bona fide layabout.  Always drunk and sleeping all day.  So much so that Kourtney, now a mother, started to distance from him.

6.  When Lamar crashed, Rob stayed with Khloe but had started whining that he isn't as rich as his sisters.  He wanted the same money and fame that they had.  But it is not their fault that he wasn't born a sexy girl, he was an average dude with no discernible talent or marketability other than his name.  He was still a socialite while the rest of the family had created a brand. 

7. So he wanted in on that brand.  His mother arranged for him to meet with designers in an attempt to create a Men's side of Kardashian fashions with Scott.  He showed up to the meeting (that Kris and Scott also showed up to ready to do business) late, unshaven and wearing sweats.  Scott and Kris told the camera that they were embarrassed by that.  Then Kris started trying to manage other people and aspiring groups.  She had too much on her plate and literally made Rob responsible for that group - but he blew that too.  Now he designs socks.  That's cool but it is not a career.

Seriously his family that supposedly hates him have done quite a bit to help him.  But he doesn't want to work, he wants to "take off".  People can say what they want about showing up on time and behaving appropriately not being "work" but as a person who has been working her whole life, I say the opposite.  Showing up when people need you to be there, doing what they tell you to do so that THEY can make THEIR money off of you, is indeed working.  Chris Rock said it best - "Shaq is rich.  The guy who pays Shaq is wealthy."  The Kardashians are rich but not wealthy.  Kim, Kris et al wouldn't have anything if they alienated the wealthy and powerful who utilize their notoriety for business gain.  The minute they don't sell magazines with Kim, she won't be on them anymore.  Period.  Kim honestly HAS worked very hard to keep herself relevant for this long, lacking as she is in talent and education.  I can't fault a playa for winning the game.  But Rob doesn't have game.  Rob may need to - god forbid - get a regular 9 to 5 that supports him but doesn't make him an instagram favorite.  Rob would never be homeless.  The money came from his father's family.  Kris was put up in a Beverly Hills mansion long before we all marveled at Kim's ass.  Poor was never in the cards for Kardashian children -nor the Jenner children for that matter.  But Rob wants what he cant' have.  THAT is why he is depressed - not some lifelong battle with mental illness and chemical depression.  He is throwing a tantrum and nobody cares.  Nor should anybody care.  He is a very grown man with lots of resources and not one single person, nor a supposed childhood of abuse and neglect, needs to take the blame for him simply CHOOSING not to accept the resources he has because they are not the resources he wants.

I agree with a lot of your points. I do think however that for some reason Kris put way more effort into doing for Kim and the girls and maybe didn't really know how to market Rob. Kris made the deals and sold the girls as a package deal. She pushed them and pushed hard to make sure they made the appointments on time etc. The few times Rob talked to her about doing something for him, like opening a store, she brushed him off, she didn't have time for retail. When he talked about his sock line Kim was annoyed that the name he chose was close to something she wanted to use. 

Should he have been more of a self starter? Sure, even Scott hustles more than he did. But Rob's always had someone to wipe his ass and hold his hand. By the time he finished school, as his family pressured him to do, the KUWTK empire was on its way. Kris was past schlepping in retail and was caught up with tons of projects for the girls.  Rob didn't know how to get started, Kris kind of brushed off his pleas for help, yet wanted him around to be part of the filmed show and the luxury vacations. I can see how he became lax and lazy, and yet still wanted to be a success on his own. His downfall was thinking he could just walk into the level of success they were having without the effort of the early years. 

All that aside, I still think his issues go deeper than laziness and even depression. 

• Love 4

All those things are true but if he found Kris lacking what stopped him from hiring someone else? Or even going back to school to become the legal arm of Kris' management company? Or a lawyer for one of his rapper friends? Or doing something with Brody? Or build something with Kylie? Rob just wants to slip into a slot someone else makes for him.

• Love 3
(edited)
1 hour ago, Timetoread said:

All those things are true but if he found Kris lacking what stopped him from hiring someone else? Or even going back to school to become the legal arm of Kris' management company? Or a lawyer for one of his rapper friends? Or doing something with Brody? Or build something with Kylie? Rob just wants to slip into a slot someone else makes for him.

I actually agree with a lot of your points but the bolded above is where we disagree. Why wouldn't he assume a slot would be found for him when it was for all the others besides Kim? I willl give her credit for busting her ass and stretching her fifteen minutes of fame. But none of the rest of them would have anything without their Pimp Momma busting her ass for them. .finding slots,  so to speak. Khloe would have never authored a book in her life,  neither would Kendall or Kylie. Kourtney MAY have still been running Dash, but would blend in with all the other trust fund mommies carpooling kids in daisy dukes and  uggs.  Certainly not on covers of magazines. Kendall would absolutely not be a million dollar model. Kylie would not be running a million dollar cosmetics empire. Those girls didn't even graduate high school, did they? Khloe absolutely didn't. 

So,  I get why Rob may have assumed a slot was going to open up for him. I would have too, as the rest didn't get famous because of talent. 

Edited by MarysWetBar
  • Love 2
32 minutes ago, MarysWetBar said:

I actually agree with a lot of your points but the bolded above is where we disagree. Why wouldn't he assume a slot would be found for him when it was for all the others besides Kim? I willl give her credit for busting her ass and stretching her fifteen minutes of fame. But none of the rest of them would have anything without their Pimp Momma busting her ass for them. .finding slots,  so to speak. Khloe would have never authored a book in her life,  neither would Kendall or Kylie. Kourtney MAY have still been running Dash, but would blend in with all the other trust fund mommies carpooling kids in daisy dukes any  uggs.  Certainly not on covers of magazines. Kendall would absolutely not be a million dollar model. Kylie would not be running a million dollar cosmetics empire. Those girls didn't even graduate high school, did they? Khloe absolutely didn't. 

So,  I get why Rob may have assumed a slot was going to open up for him. I would have too, as the rest didn't get famous because of talent. 

This is what I wanted to say. 

Its like he was held to a higher standard. 

He was expected to finish school to honor daddy's wishes. Kylie and Kendall got to be home schooled to make sure they were available  for all the jobs Kris set up for them. 

It just seemed that from the beginning the show was all Kris and the girls, Caitlyn and Rob were  background characters, ignored or mocked, but never taken seriously. 

He was sent along to entertain Khloe and keep her company when Lamar was transferred. 

Could he have, should he have, struck out on his own and found his own path to success? Sure, but I think unless he became wildly successful, and I mean in the $$$ sense, he would have been looked at like a failure. 

• Love 4
35 minutes ago, iwasish said:

He was expected to finish school to honor daddy's wishes. Kylie and Kendall got to be home schooled 

So was Khloe

• Love 1
1 hour ago, MarysWetBar said:

I actually agree with a lot of your points but the bolded above is where we disagree. Why wouldn't he assume a slot would be found for him when it was for all the others besides Kim? I willl give her credit for busting her ass and stretching her fifteen minutes of fame. But none of the rest of them would have anything without their Pimp Momma busting her ass for them. .finding slots,  so to speak. Khloe would have never authored a book in her life,  neither would Kendall or Kylie. Kourtney MAY have still been running Dash, but would blend in with all the other trust fund mommies carpooling kids in daisy dukes and  uggs.  Certainly not on covers of magazines. Kendall would absolutely not be a million dollar model. Kylie would not be running a million dollar cosmetics empire. Those girls didn't even graduate high school, did they? Khloe absolutely didn't. 

Because consumers don't want Rob.  The sisters had something about them that caught hold in the zeitgeist - mostly that girls and young women like to live vicariously through these pretty rich girls who shop and apply makeup all day and date men with money. No one wants to see Rob do these things. Scott broke out because he was interesting and often fun and funny. Rob is not. Kris can offer what she's got but she can't make the public want Rob as much as his sisters.  Don't you think that pimp WOULD create a cash cow out of him if she could?

PS: they all graduated high school. Kourtney graduated college.

• Love 1
47 minutes ago, iwasish said:

This is what I wanted to say. 

Its like he was held to a higher standard. 

He was expected to finish school to honor daddy's wishes. Kylie and Kendall got to be home schooled to make sure they were available  for all the jobs Kris set up for them. 

It just seemed that from the beginning the show was all Kris and the girls, Caitlyn and Rob were  background characters, ignored or mocked, but never taken seriously. 

He was sent along to entertain Khloe and keep her company when Lamar was transferred. 

Could he have, should he have, struck out on his own and found his own path to success? Sure, but I think unless he became wildly successful, and I mean in the $$$ sense, he would have been looked at like a failure. 

Clearly we're watching two different shows. Rob was in college when the show started. The "standard" for the only Kardashian son to follow had already been set - by Rob Sr. BTW he set similar standards for the girls - go to school or get a job. Kourt did school. Kim worked and then eloped. Khloe worked. Rob went to school.

Ken and Ky were small children at the time . By the time homeschooling for them came up the family was in a completely different place.

What I have never understood is why everything is always some woman's fault. Bruce and Rob and Scott - all grown ass men - aren't expected to be responsible for themselves at all .. Anything wrong in their life is because some woman of some negative description planned it ir failed to plan on their behalf. It is not Rob's mother's or sister's or girlfriend's job to make his life what he wants it to be. He needs to grow the fuck up and be a goddamn man. Not some sniveling little bitch sucking at the teats of female relatives. He truly disgusts me. I hate weak men and his father was his polar opposite. There's nothing about him to take seriously.

• Love 6
20 minutes ago, GaT said:

So was Khloe

Adds to the idea that girls were different. I think even as far as Rob Sr was concerned. I doubt he emphasized education as much to the girls as he did to Rob. 

The three older girls have always said the Dash store, which I think was at least partially funded by their inheritance, was an opportunity to work together, even the idea to profit off Kim's notoriety was to use it to springboard the three girls careers. They've said many times that Kris marketed them as a matched set. Kim was the one who started to break loose. Kourt had Scott and eventually Mason, she's always seemed as if she would have been happiest running the Dash stores.  

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, Timetoread said:

Because consumers don't want Rob.  The sisters had something about them that caught hold in the zeitgeist - mostly that girls and young women like to live vicariously through these pretty rich girls who shop and apply makeup all day and date men with money. No one wants to see Rob do these things. Scott broke out because he was interesting and often fun and funny. Rob is not. Kris can offer what she's got but she can't make the public want Rob as much as his sisters.  Don't you think that pimp WOULD create a cash cow out of him if she could?

PS: they all graduated high school. Kourtney graduated college.

Don't you wonder though,  had Rob ever been offered to pimp the tooth whiteners or club appearances or other useless crap they all promote on social media,  he wouldn't have been as successful as the rest?  

I think it's all subjective to personal choice.

I find Scott funny even though he's an asshole.  I find Rob really funny at times, too.

I doubt we will agree on this but that's ok. ?

Ima watch the hell out of Rob and BC's new show in hopes that we see something real as opposed to the Kardashian Machine edits!

• Love 3