Type keyword(s) to search

Season 1-3 Discussion

• Start Topic

• Replies 996
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

53 minutes ago, mtlchick said:

Clearly Martha Stewart lost a bet to be on this show. "Crash bang"?!

Ha.  Maybe but I loved Alec's Martha-related jokes from "who bets the answer will end in -le" to "if you choose Martha, I will mangle you" and even Martha's clever answer about wig stand for the hair.  

Mouse trap was thankfully easy, though.

48 minutes ago, chitowngirl said:

I thought hair on her back was the obvious answer and he was going to sweep the board!

That was the safe answer but since celebs tend to be a little bit "edgy" I would have said something about the nether regions.

ETA:  I didn't think weed was a terrible answer but I would have said weeds for Martha.  (As getting rid of the weeds in a garden for a party.)  I like pot pourri too. (I would have been torn between clever 'weeds' and practical like turkey.)

Edited by Irlandesa
  • Love 2

Yeah, why Martha was there  was a huge mystery.  I bet she's never seen the show. And let's be honest, she doesn't need the hassle unlike some of them.

That said, she did manage to match on "scratch" and Lamorne was, if anything, worse.

Didn't really care for the whole panel. Even Mario, who's pretty great, was a little off.

That first game in particular was just riveting.  [/sarcasm]

They were lucky to have a contestant who knew "Clue".  I was so lost on that one. 

Edited by vb68
  • Love 2
13 minutes ago, vb68 said:

Yeah, why Martha was there  was a huge mystery.  I bet she's never seen the show. And let's be honest, she doesn't need the hassle unlike some of them.

That said, she did manage to match on "scratch" and Lamorne was, if anything, worse.

Didn't really care for the whole panel. Even Mario, who's pretty great, was a little off.

That first game in particular was just riveting.  [/sarcasm]

They were lucky to have a contestant who knew "Clue.".  I was so lost on that one. 

I'm so embarrassed that my Clue guess was hotdog (because of Mustard and kitchen and I was hungry).

It upsets me when I see panel members clearly not trying their best. The contestants are trying to win amounts that are lunch money to most of them in order to buy things they normally couldn't afford.

• Love 2
26 minutes ago, DiabLOL said:

I'm so embarrassed that my Clue guess was hotdog (because of Mustard and kitchen and I was hungry).

Oh don't be embarrassed. It was mine too. I didn't even get it was a "Clue" question until they got to the contestant, and Alec asked if she understood "Clue" . (And then made a sarcastic response which to me indicated he didn't like the question, either.)

Edited by vb68
  • Love 1

The thing is, "candlestick" is the only answer I can think of to that Clue question that makes sense and is funny. Why they threw in "kitchen" in there to make it confusing is anyone's guess.

Edit : There is also "lead pipe" I guess, which...ouch.

Edited by Phishbulb
  • Love 4

I don't know, everyone seemed pretty sober.  Mario Cantone was a bit manic, but that's how he normally is.

I wouldn't have thought Casey Wilson would end up being that good a player, mostly because I associate her with her character Penny from Happy Endings.

1 hour ago, Phishbulb said:

Why they threw in "kitchen" in there to make it confusing is anyone's guess.

When I first heard the question, I thought that was the key part over "clue".

I thought hair on her back was the obvious answer and he was going to sweep the board!

I thought face or chin would be the most logical answer. I also couldn't think of anything other than "candlestick" for the clue weapon. Rolling pin is not one of the actual weapons in the game to the best of my knowledge. The contestant and Horatio seemed to be the only two people who had ever played Clue. None of the questions this time were "gimmes." 

Martha Stewart was on $100,000 Pyramid last year so she seems to be making the game show rounds for some odd reason. Maybe she has a contract with ABC or something.

I think, at least at the beginning, Martha seemed to not understand that the point is to give the answer you think will most likely match the contestant, and not just to give the answer you personally think is best for the blank. Her first few answers showed how completely out of touch she is, because she couldn't come up with the word most likely to be said by any random human. It didn't help that the clues were really bad so there probably wouldn't be many matches anyway, but she was nowhere near the ballpark. The by the second bit, it seems like they might've given her a talking to in between, and she was trying but still just not good at the game. I mean, wig stand was too clever by half, but not ridiculous.

Lamorne, I think is doing some kind of weird protest-play where when he can't think of a good answer (and in many case, reasonably so because the clue was so poorly constructed) he just puts down whatever he thinks is funniest, knowing full well there's no chance of a match. At least the other celebs, usually, if they're totally stumped, they'll go for something blue on the off chance that someone will have said it. You know, when it doubt, make a double entendre. It's a reasonable strategy when you're completely at a loss. Or they go for a rhyme, or alliteration. There is a strategic way to completely wild guess. But his coming up with these way too specific guesses are just mean to the contestants because he has to know there is zero chance it'd ever be even close to a match.

• Love 3

The one about Lonely Lorna or whatever her names was - sleeping with her Roomba. That was just strange. Two questions in a row about sex with inanimate objects. They had some real sickos in the writing room this week. But my response to that one would have been she was caught in bed with an "upright," although I'm not sure anyone would have gotten it. 

• Love 2

That's actually what I thought of too for that one, basically, she was into sex with vacuums, so, pick some other non-roomba type of vaccum, which I guess is what all the "Dyson" contestants were going for. I thought Casey's answer was a pretty good one, though I didn't think of it myself while I was trying to come up with answers, but she went for the the rhyme, which was reasonable to me. I probably wouldn't have ever come up with it, but I think her thought process made sense.

• Love 1

Yikes. Not the best show they've had. I didn't have high hopes when I saw that Martha Stewart was on it. One problem with her on these shows is that she's lacking in pop culture knowledge. Apparently she's just not interested in that. 

I thought the first question, about Ruth Bader Ginsberg was impossible to match. There are too many choices. Actually, Judge or Justice (which is what I said) are probably the only ones you have a chance of matching. After this question, I was thinking that the alternate question better be just as hard. This was the Roomba question. Yes, it was hard, but I think there was a better chance of matching. Me, I said toaster. I thought Dyson was a great answer.

For the long red hair question, I immediately said Back, but then I thought that if her hair were growing normally on her head, it would still be on her back, just not growing there. Yes, I'm overthinking it. I said Legs.

Anyway, I'm getting close to giving up watching this show. I know there can still be really funny eps, but with Peak TV and add, you've got to make cuts somewhere.

• Love 1

That guy at the end went out on his own for "sandpaper" (over sand castles)?   Okay then dummy. It's not like he got there by his keen instincts anyway.  (I'm always suspicious when the very last person on the panel matches a pretty bad answer right before heading to a 0-0 tie.)

The best part was Caroline dissing the guy for dressing like Woody.  (I thought Alec's fake shock and fall was a bit overdone considering she got some matches and as we know, it was hardly the first beeped answer.)

• Love 1
8 hours ago, Racj82 said:

How the hell was scream not the answer for everyone on the rollercoaster question? How? It's something you do during sex and on rollercoaster. Come on. 

This is a battle between "accurate" (scream) and "funny" (vomit). I said throw up too, because I usually try to think of funny answers if possible.

"Rocket" was a good answer for the final question actually; you don't have to be a rocket scientist to write these questions but you do have to massage my rocket. My mind thought "schweddy balls", haha, as an SNL fan, but I knew no one would say that.

Edited by Phishbulb
10 hours ago, vb68 said:

I thought Alec's fake shock and fall was a bit overdone considering she got some matches and as we know, it was hardly the first beeped answer.

But wasn't the fake shock over the fact she was Oakland's Mother of The Year and she give the answer "pussy"?

I am so glad I'm not a contestant, I thought Dumb and Dumber was the definitive answer for the Ryan Lochte question!

Edited by sugarbaker design

The panel was pretty good but the contestants were terrible. I wish they would get better players. It seems like they just pluck random people out of the audience or, hell, off the streets and plop them down and ask them to play something and they obviously have no idea how the game works. 

3 hours ago, Phishbulb said:

This is a battle between "accurate" (scream) and "funny" (vomit). I said throw up too, because I usually try to think of funny answers if possible.

"Rocket" was a good answer for the final question actually; you don't have to be a rocket scientist to write these questions but you do have to massage my rocket. My mind thought "schweddy balls", haha, as an SNL fan, but I knew no one would say that.

vomit is just a terrible answer for the celebs to give. Go for accurate first. The contestant may say something dumb but at least you have the logical answer. There is plenty of time to bust jokes. And going funny cost that guy the game 

Regarding Alec's shock, was a reaction to who was saying it and how vulgar it was in general. Not a reaction to a bad answer because it wasn't. She didn't even say vagina. She went full out with p*ssy. That's a shock and a half.

Edited by Racj82
  • Love 1

Like Ellie Kemper and a few of the others, I was trying to think of something old woman-related for the Little Red Riding Hood question. "Denture cream" and "mothballs" were sort of close, I was thinking of like "Vick's Vapo-Rub" or something.

Sorry if when thinking about an old lady I don't think about her vagina first, heh, guess I'M the crazy one.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Phishbulb said:

Like Ellie Kemper and a few of the others, I was trying to think of something old woman-related for the Little Red Riding Hood question. "Denture cream" and "mothballs" were sort of close, I was thinking of like "Vick's Vapo-Rub" or something.

I thought Bengay. 

• Love 2

vomit is just a terrible answer for the celebs to give. Go for accurate first. The contestant may say something dumb but at least you have the logical answer. There is plenty of time to bust jokes. And going funny cost that guy the game

Does anyone remember the whole question? Because "barf" is the first thing that popped into my head too . . . and something some people associate with roller coasters more than screaming. And depending on who it's with? Maybe sex too.

Ben-Gay is the first thing I thought of. 

13 hours ago, sugarbaker design said:

I am so glad I'm not a contestant, I thought Dumb and Dumber was the definitive answer for the Ryan Lochte question!

Ditto. I didn't even think of Liar Liar. Plus, when you say 'Ryan Lochte' the first thing that comes to my mind is dumb.

9 hours ago, Phishbulb said:

Sorry if when thinking about an old lady I don't think about her vagina first, heh, guess I'M the crazy one.

Ditto to that too. I mean, "Hey Mr Wolf, your breath smells like vagina. You must have eaten my grandmother!" It really makes no sense to me, and I was surprised that a few of the panelist said it. I said mothballs, but anything of the old-person-cliche would work. Oooh! I just thought of another. Prunes.

12 hours ago, peeayebee said:

Ditto. I didn't even think of Liar Liar. Plus, when you say 'Ryan Lochte' the first thing that comes to my mind is dumb.

Ditto to that too. I mean, "Hey Mr Wolf, your breath smells like vagina. You must have eaten my grandmother!" It really makes no sense to me, and I was surprised that a few of the panelist said it. I said mothballs, but anything of the old-person-cliche would work. Oooh! I just thought of another. Prunes.

Eating pussy is slang for oral sex. It's a easy trip from point a to point b there. You could go with old people stuff but the contestants choice wasn't off.

19 hours ago, iMonrey said:

Does anyone remember the whole question? Because "barf" is the first thing that popped into my head too . . . and something some people associate with roller coasters more than screaming. And depending on who it's with? Maybe sex too.

Ben-Gay is the first thing I thought of. 

I'm still not getting how anyone would equate vomiting to sex. That is a sad sec life. That's for sure. Screaming is the obvious correlation between a rollercoaster ride and sex. Sex with you is like a rollercoaster. Unless the question was designed to be like a insult at the partner, which it wasn't, it doesn't make any sense.

38 minutes ago, Racj82 said:

Eating pussy is slang for oral sex.

I realize that, but since the Wolf actually did eat the grandmother, it makes more sense that we're talking about the whole body. Besides, I don't like the idea of a little girl knowing what pussy smells like and understanding what someone's breath smelling like it means. In short, I like a little bit of logic.

• Love 3
16 minutes ago, peeayebee said:

I realize that, but since the Wolf actually did eat the grandmother, it makes more sense that we're talking about the whole body. Besides, I don't like the idea of a little girl knowing what pussy smells like and understanding what someone's breath smelling like it means. In short, I like a little bit of logic.

It's not illogical but just like the rollercoaster topic, people make a choice. This one was go vulgar or go easy (old people stuff). With this type of show i get it. I think was also thinking with a adult mind and not thinking about a kid being involved. Im not saying her choice was a better one. Just saying that I get it. Also, its actually kind of safer. If you choose to go vulgar, there is only way to go there really but if you are thinking old people, there are too many options. It was a tricky question overall. 

13 hours ago, peeayebee said:

You know, I said Dumb and Dumber at first too, but I wonder if this was filmed close to his Rio scandal, or a few months afterwards. Because then Liar, Liar would be the first thing that would pop to mind at the time. 

Unless the question was designed to be like a insult at the partner, 

Well that's the whole point. Sadly, not everyone has "makes me scream" sex with their partner. Especially when you're talking about an old married couple that are sick of each other. Spouses that no longer find each other desirable is a common thing, often played for laughs on sitcoms. Married With Children coasted for 11 seasons on that gag. So yeah, coasters make some people scream but they make some people throw up. Either answer is up for grabs depending on whether it's a happy couple or one that's just together out of habit.

• Love 1
On 4/17/2017 at 6:59 AM, Phishbulb said:

The thing is, "candlestick" is the only answer I can think of to that Clue question that makes sense and is funny. Why they threw in "kitchen" in there to make it confusing is anyone's guess.

Edit : There is also "lead pipe" I guess, which...ouch.

I said lead pipe - forgot about the candlestick

I was thinking rope for the Clue question. I did think Liar Liar but only because that was the first movie that came into my head. I'm not sure why since I've never actually seen it. 

I wish there was a better balance between complete gimmes and 6 completely different answers. I guess in a weird way the roller coaster turned out to be that way, with two possible answers. It isn't enjoyable to me to see all 6 celebs match the contestant in one round just like it isn't enjoyable to me to see them all tank. 

On 4/25/2017 at 0:53 PM, Princess Sparkle said:

You know, I said Dumb and Dumber at first too, but I wonder if this was filmed close to his Rio scandal, or a few months afterwards. Because then Liar, Liar would be the first thing that would pop to mind at the time. 

And that's why that was a great question.  There were two really good answers.  And two more decent titles in A Series of Unfortunate Events or True Crimes.

• Love 1

Sadly, "Dumb and Dumber" is probably the more appropriate answer for Ryan Lochte (although I thought "Liar Liar" too and that was obviously the answer the writers were expecting). When you delve into the real story it's more a case of Ryan being drunk off his ass and not understanding what was happening than outright lying. If you watched him at all on Dancing With the Stars you know he's not real bright. 

I would have counted all the burning bush answers because the intent was obviously the same, but what do I know.  I felt bad for that woman (Juanita). 

I kinda loved everyone mocking Jay's "we're both black".  My impression was it annoyed him too.

This panel was pretty fun, but Chris Colfer had no idea what he was getting into. He did ok, but I could tell he didn't want to be there. And it surprised me that it seemed like it took awhile for Wendie Malick to get into it.  Jay was slightly better this time. He actually matched some answers. Ana is a gem and a keeper at this. It made me so happy she wrote "Schweddy balls."

• Love 7
(edited)

The chicken feather question annoyed me because the original joke is "erotic is using a feather, kinky is using the entire chicken."

I loved it whenever Alec told the All Things Boston woman to shut up.

The girl power answer should have been "bra". I thought all the "bush" answers should have been green lit without hesitation.

My Belgian Waffle topping answer was Jean Claude Van Damme.

Edited by DiabLOL
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, vb68 said:

I would have counted all the burning bush answers because the intent was obviously the same, but what do I know.  I felt bad for that woman (Juanita). 

8 minutes ago, DiabLOL said:

The chicken feather question annoyed me because the original joke is "erotic is using a feather, kinky is using the entire chicken."

I loved it whenever Alec told the All Things Boston woman to shut up.

The girl power answer should have been "bra". I thought all the "bush" answers should have been green lit without hesitation.

I didn't think of bra, but yes that would have made a great answer too. Like the panel, I thought of bush though as a euphemism for vagina and because of the biblical reference, and I felt bad that it didn't count for the contestant since that's obviously what the panel meant. I was really cheering for her too since the All Things Boston woman annoyed me as much as she did Alec; although, when she said she was going to buy better tickets for her and her family, I did soften towards her a little. 

In the first game, I couldn't believe that the contestant picked Jay to match with since I think he usually gives bad answers; although, I agree he did do a little better this time. I have to admit my mind went to "wipe your ass" first too, but I would have went with "wipe your feet" because I thought that would have been the top answer. If I would have picked Jay for the final match, I would have said "tea bag" because I thought he was going to go with that or some variation of "tea bagging" and was surprised he didn't. That's why I would have picked Ana or surprisingly Christie in the final round.

• Love 2
21 minutes ago, mortonsalt said:

I didn't think of bra, but yes that would have made a great answer too. Like the panel, I thought of bush though as a euphemism for vagina and because of the biblical reference, and I felt bad that it didn't count for the contestant since that's obviously what the panel meant. I was really cheering for her too since the All Things Boston woman annoyed me as much as she did Alec; although, when she said she was going to buy better tickets for her and her family, I did soften towards her a little. 

In the first game, I couldn't believe that the contestant picked Jay to match with since I think he usually gives bad answers; although, I agree he did do a little better this time. I have to admit my mind went to "wipe your ass" first too, but I would have went with "wipe your feet" because I thought that would have been the top answer. If I would have picked Jay for the final match, I would have said "tea bag" because I thought he was going to go with that or some variation of "tea bagging" and was surprised he didn't. That's why I would have picked Ana or surprisingly Christie in the final round.

I also picked "tea bag" and also "wipe your ass" even though I thought theres no way it would end up there at all let alone no 1.

Isn't that the second time Ana's done a Schwedy Balls?

I didn't expect Christie Brinkley to be good at the game, but she kind of was.  And I guess the producers gave Jay a memo to at least try and take it seriously, but I have no idea why the first woman went with him.

"Wipe your BLANK" reminded me a bit of a Super Match from the classic show.  The clue was "Oral BLANK," and after the panel gave their PG answers, when it came time for the contestant to choose, she asked "Can I say what we're all thinking?"

Ugh, WTF Jay Pharoah and his "hilarious" answer that they can't even show on TV. Didn't he do that last time he was on? Does he think that's his thing now? 

Christine Brinkley has really good surgeons. 

• Love 4
17 hours ago, vb68 said:

Yes, Juanita should have gotten the points. I said Burning Bra, which I thought was THE answer. After Adam showed his -- bush -- I thought that was perfect.

I am so tired of Jay. The stupid answer that is bleeped and pixeled was ridiculous. His "kumbaya" shtick was boring. I'm not a fan.

But I LOVE Ana. She's funny AND smart. I loved when she was asking Adam about the plural of "ho" being the same as that of "hoe." And I'm pretty sure for "blank hammer" she said Armand, not Arm And.

I don't distinguish betw Belgian waffles and regular. I mean, I know the difference, but I treat both of them the same: butter and syrup.

Oh, for "hammer" I said Thor's hammer.

• Love 3