Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E21: Give 'Em Hell, Kid

After receiving new visions of the looming prophecy, Freya uncovers that her family is on a collision course with a dangerous new enemy. Meanwhile, with the help of Detective Kinney, Vincent and Kol travel to the ancestral world to put a stop to the witches and take back their city once and for all. Elsewhere, Klaus and Elijah confront Marcel after a heartbreaking plan gone wrong has sent him spiraling.

Promo:

I caught this episode. It was surprisingly good. I actually thought that Elijah killed Marcel. I know that Marcel won't win, but I liked that he duped them for a bit.

Farewell Davina. I liked her a lot.

Yeah to Rebekah in the preview. Always good to see her.

• Love 2

Ugh..done with Elijah this season. He has steadily become more and more insufferable this season and he's one of my least favorite characters on the show. On the other hand, hell yes Marcel! Fuck their shit up. Davina and Kol's little goodbye was actually pretty sweet.

Hayley and Elijah together will just be her enabling him and excusing his poor choices...kind of like human Camille was for Klaus.

• Love 5

Wow. A non-Mikaelson did something smart? Wait, more than one non-Mikaelson did something smart? They kind of got me this episode. I figured the body count was so high this month, why not add Marcel as well? It made zero sense to confront two Originals if you were a regular vampire who was just waving around the serum, but I just assumed it was typical Originals writing.

This episode made me realize how much I've come to really hate Elijah, I prefer Klaus than him. Eljiah seems to have become his brother. The excuses he gave Klaus about killing Marcel were the same ones he used about killing Davina. 

Zzzz to Hayley and Elijah. They're forced so much, she was better with Jackson than being Elijah's enabler. I see nothing but forced truwuv. No real chemistry.

Love that Marcel played them and he took the serum. Go Marcel!

Aww Davina's goodbye, loved the scene with her and Kol. I felt more for her death than anything Cami related. 

Rebeckha! I miss her. Yay to see her. 

• Love 2

I've always liked Klaus and this episode gave me another reason why: not once did he bring up the fact that he was completely opposed to the Davina plan, not even to save his personal relationship with Marcel. I always love when the show flips the family dynamic into Klaus being the decent one. Meanwhile there's Elijah desperately trying to justify himself, but Klaus at the very least knows not to bother trying to make himself look any better. For a guy whose whole shtick is speeches about his own great and terribleness, he sure has learned to tone it down. I never was much of a fan of Cami but I appreciate Klaus and JoMo actually making a visible attempt at trying to be better than he was. Character development; nice to see you!

• Love 10

Elijah, you know you've gone too far when Klaus is the voice of reason. And Klaus actually took responsibilty for something, the one time he wasn't the one who was responsible. Of course he started talking about betrayal again when he found out that Marcel had the serum, but I guess we can't expect such a radical change in Klaus to happen all at once.

• Love 6

It kind of scares me, but I understand why Elijah did what he did this episode. If there's one thing consistent, is his devotion to the family - and had he not seen the vision with Klaus dying and Hope in danger, he probably would never find himself on that fateful bridge. Which brings me to another point...

...What if Freya is behind it all? What if Freya is not really Freya?

Nothing would have come to pass without the visions. Yes, the initial ones did not originate from Freya, but soon enough the seer was dead and the lost sister was the only link to the future - if it was convenient at that point.

(I know, it's probably lazy writing, but imagine how much more interesting it would have been to have a mastermind so cunning that it managed to hide in between the characters and manipulated everyone... Particlarly Elijah, actually. He was the one to stab Rebekah, help Freya drain Davina and kill Marcelus...)

On side note - Davina's send off whas powerfull. The girl went down with a fight. Naturally, I'd prefer for her to stay on the show, but if we need to say goodbye, that's a way to go. 

• Love 3

I like that Detective Kinney was brought back in a logical way (Cami's wake) and that his part in taking down the ancestors was useful but not overblown. As much as I enjoy seeing Logan Echolls, it would have been nonsensical to have a huge role in that plot, but raiding the magic shop so Vincent could get supplies and then clearing out the cemeteries to make sure that no one got hurt was reasonable. Also nice that Vincent clued him in to what was going on but didn't give him more information than necessary. Kinney thinking that he was going crazy reminded me of Grimm when Hank and Wu first saw wesen and thought they were losing their minds.

But my all time favorite thing about this episode (and possibly this entire series) was Marcel's truth bombs left and right. Cami had said some of these things to Klaus in the past, but not all at once. It also had more impact coming from Marcel because he was the victim in a lot of the Mikaelson drama (as opposed to Cami mostly just witnessing it). That's the thing about people who know you well for a really long time - they know the truth about you and when they turn on you, they have a lot more ammo than an outsider.

Marcel had Klaus nailed perfectly - he is fine calling Marcel family as long as Marcel isn't actually his equal. Heh, but to be fair, Klaus is the same way with his blood siblings. He still thinks of himself as superior to Elijah, Rebekah, Freya, and Kol and he expects them to obey him at all times. As per usual, disagreeing with Klaus results in Klaus accusing you of defiance. How dare you try to be immortal like the Mikaelsons?

What really got me was at the end when Klaus told Hayley that Marcel was a son to him. That should set off flashing red lights for Hayley. I've seen the shitty way he treats Marcel. Do you really want him to treat Hope in a similar manner, Hayley? He dangled being turned as a prize for many years and then only offered it in exchange for betraying Rebekah. Yup, great parenting skills there.

I really hope that Klaus absorbed some of what Marcel said. As Marcel pointed out, Lucien, like many of the Mikaelson enemies, were created by Klaus being a dick. I know that he loved Marcel in his own way (which is to say not well but he did love him) so he's upset that Elijah killed him, but let's think about all the people Klaus has killed who his siblings loved. The short version of that is just about every love interest that Rebekah and Elijah have ever had. Sometimes it was to protect the family (like when Rebekah thought she was going to marry that guy from the Brotherhood of the Five) but sometimes it was just to be a control freak dick (like when he threw the governor's son off the balcony just because). But yeah, only Klaus is allowed to kill whoever he wants and Elijah is the bad one for killing someone important to Klaus.

ITA that you know things are bad when Klaus seems to be the logical one trying to make peace. Funny how Elijah has temporarily taken over Klaus's usual role of "I will do anything to protect the family." Hopefully this will give Klaus the perspective to understand what it's like for the rest of the family to deal with him when he's on his usual rampages where he kills whoever he wants and then justifies it with "I had no choice."

I laughed my ass off when Vincent told Josh that Marcel had taken the serum right away. Hahahaha! That explains why Marcel was just standing on the bridge telling Klaus what an ass he's been. He was provoking the Mikaelsons into killing him so that he could make them think that he was dead and transition into the 2.0 version of a vampire. I'm so glad that Marcel is still alive!

As usual, I love Josh. Loved him teaming up with Vincent and Kol to take down the ancestors. If you had told me earlier in the season that we would get those three teamed up, I would have laughed. But Davina's death united them, even if only temporarily. Josh was hilarious too. "Oh, cool! So you're going to die soon too?" I also loved the Kol/Josh exchange about Vincent's chosen method of death. "Hemlock, seriously?" "Old school. Respect."

On a shallow note, it's sad that we had two funerals in the same episode but damn if all the guys didn't look good in their suits.

• Love 6
(edited)

Kudos to the writers here because while Marcel was not wrong about anything he said, I still don`t want to see the Mikealson family fall. I care for them all. 

I don`t think it was all just an act or a ploy on Marcel`s part to taunt either Klaus or Elijah into killing him. If he wanted nothing but revenge, he could have killed himself right after taking the serum and go hulksmash immediately. To me it looked like he was giving them rope and see if they would hang themselves. And well, Elijah did. He proved pretty conclusively that Marcel was not "family" in the sense that Elijah consider family. Klaus IMO did see it differently. He wouldn`t have gone for the killing option right then and there.

Marcel`s point seemed to be that even with him as a "beast" aka stronger than the Originals there could be peace IF they could accept a world where such a "threat" to them existed. In other words, if they could trust him. I also don`t think Klaus` words left him entirely unemotional. Not saying reconcilliation was in the cards but that scene with Elijah interrupting them pretty deliberately played like "wow, and there just went the last chance for peace".

Glad Davina got a better send-off here than just being ripped to shreds. Now it looks like maybe she can go into the light? Not eternal torment at least or oblivion or something. And screw you, ancestors, you had that coming. 

The goodbye with Kol was sweet. And I was so glad Josh got a part to play. 

Edited by Aeryn13
  • Love 7
(edited)

This episode was really good! I am in the minority in so many ways.  For starters I never had any illusions about who Elijah is.  He has always been brutal - cold and brutal, as opposed to Klaus, the hothead.  Notice that Finn made no distinction between the siblings.  Their mother knew that Elijah was the MOST vicious of the bunch.  It was Elijah's actions, not Klaus', that gave us the unholy trinity.  It was Elijah who made enemies of the Stricks, even though he was their founder.  One of my favorite Davina scenes and one of my all time favorite of the show was that time Davina, in a rage, put down ALL of the Michaelsons.  She made a comment about how Elijah ACTS like he is the decent one but he has a body count that rivals Klaus's.  Elijah was never a "good guy" in the sense that we use it.  He is a monster like the rest of his family.  But oh do I love him!  I think he's a great character and I understood him killing Marcel.  I believe he loved Marcel.  In flashbacks, he protected the young Marcel when Klaus got in his moods.  But Elijah will ALWAYS, every single time, protect family at all costs.  Just last season, he took on Klaus to save Rebeka.  In the vision he didn't see Marcel simply become an equal and move into the mansion.  He saw Marcel kill every last one of them, leaving the baby covered in her own mother's blood and vulnerable.  He felt there was no choice.  But as a testament to DG's acting, he was absolutely wrecked by having done so.  Hayley's presence kind of messed up the moment.  Her sexual attraction with Elijah doesn't give her the heft to be present for his worst moments.  It would have played better if it were Freya or especially Klaus.

Klaus is, and has always been, my favorite character on this show.  He definitely deserves to have haters left and right, but I love the complexity that JoMo gives him.  He is a pleasure to watch.  In one scene we saw why everybody hates him AND why Camile started to love him.  He endured Marcel's tantrum which had so much truth in it but wasn't entirely correct.  Marcel seemed to be implying that Klaus wasn't so much a father or a friend but just another slave owner.  I honestly don't think that this is a fair assessment of Klaus' feelings for him.  Klaus adopted him and always thought of him as a son.  Marcel has done many things that have cost others their lives (hook up with Rebeka, call Michael to run them out of the city, refuse to give them the city, use a witch and scores of vamps to fight them).  Klaus can easily dispatch any regular vampire but he never did that to Marcel.  Even last night, he could never do that to Marcel.  He loved him - a lot.  Which is why I nearly burst into tears when he pointed out to Hayley that losing Marcel held the same weight as losing Hope (who we all KNOW he adores).  The problem with Klaus is that he is Klaus.  He is a narcissistic, megalomaniac.  He's treated ALL of his family equally bad.  He killed his actual parents and daggered and threatened all of his siblings, including Elijah. He has always felt "superior" to his siblings - the wolf in him making him a bigger monster than the rest and that wolf making him lethal to all of them, even in their immortality.  He expects EVERYBODY to obey him.  Of course he doesn't want an equal who can match him.  His fear wasn't Marcel becoming an Original, it was Marcel becoming STRONGER than he was - just like Lucien - and thus being someone who he can't control.  That is true to his character as a whole and Marcel honestly got it easy compared to the rest of the family.  But Marcel, in his grief, wasn't adding up all the evidence that he was indeed loved, but rather that this family was the cause of all sorrows.  What made it the most sad is that Klaus actually did stand by Marcel on the decision that broke him.  I hope one day somebody tells Marcel that.

It was nice seeing Josh, and while I am glad that the Ancestors got what was coming, I was sad to see that Davina's departure was real.  She annoyed the hell out of me, just like every teenager can, but just like the other teens, as an adult you see them for what they are (kids) and you want them protected until they are old enough and strong enough to go out on their own.  Davina had such a hard life and had been through so much that, although I didn't at all approve of her and Kol, I wanted her to find happiness.   That was the most truly tragic death.

Edited by Timetoread
Grammar fixes
  • Love 6

This show almost lost me as a viewer when Elijah killed Marcel and then they just let the body float away.  I mean, jeez, Klaus could have used his super speed to get Marcel's body if he cared to.  But I'm glad it was all a ploy, and Marcel had already taken the stuff.  I agree that Marcel was testing them, because if they had just accepted him, it wouldn't have mattered that he'd taken it cause it wouldn't have been activated. 

I'm not sure how I feel about this episode.  It's not a bad episode, and stuff hasn't dragged too much (especially since I marathoned a bunch of episodes).  But, I think I'm disappointed that Marcel wasn't killed because I went into it thinking it was the finale and I'm ready to move on from the prophecy. I was happy it was over for a minute, then it wasn't.  

Since it's not I'm hoping Vincent has something up his sleeve to take out Marcel once Marcel takes out the Mikaelsons.  It doesn't seem like a great plan to have something that untouchable.

17 hours ago, Ariah said:

...What if Freya is behind it all? What if Freya is not really Freya?

Nothing would have come to pass without the visions. Yes, the initial ones did not originate from Freya, but soon enough the seer was dead and the lost sister was the only link to the future - if it was convenient at that point.

Nah, I think the writers were just playing with the whole prophecy paradox - did the prophecy become true because you knew about it (and your actions to defy it ends up making it come true: IE Voldimort trying to kill baby Harry Potter)  or was it always going to happen no matter what you did? In this instance, Elijah knowing about the prophecy is the reason he ripped Marcel's heart out in the first place, and thus set into motion the very things he was shown.

13 hours ago, mommalib said:

I understand what Elijah did. Family comes first to him and it's always been that way. He saw Marcel as a potential threat in those visions.

He literally saw Hope (and Hayley) covered in blood. I didn't like what he did (because actions are the root cause to all that happening) but it made sense when you look at it from his perspective. Elijah's number 1s are his siblings, Hayley, and Hope (being at the top, I'd bet). He saw every single one of them in danger because of Marcel....

• Love 1

Elijah's a moron.  All he had to do was talk Marcel down.  "Think it through, do you really believe the Ancestors didn't build a failsafe into the super vamp formula?"  "I was just shown a vision wherein you kill Hayley and Hope because the formula drives you insane."  I can name a dozen ways to get poor Marcel to knock off the self-pity crap.  Instead, he kick starts the prophesy.  1000 years hasn't given the family situational awareness. 

Also, are all NO witches de-powered now?  Or at least dramatically reduced in power?

• Love 1

For someone who is very eloquent... Elijah sure sucks at using his words when it's very most necessary to do so. (I am all caught up, and I just have to say. wowzers). Davina severing the ancestoral link was cool - but does that mean what exactly? NOLA witches have no real powers? No more need for regents? 

I love the Truth Slapping that Marcel was giving but really, I love how Klaus didn't really give some Truth Slapping back to Marcel (which was needed as well), because as much as Klaus gave, Marcel gave right back, and again, Klaus was team Marcel about getting Davina back but he never used that. (and quite frankly, I think Marcel was hurting so much he wouldn't have believed it anyway). 

Haley's "Don't Use Hope." kinda of made me roll my eyes. (or was that in another episode. they are all kinda blending together for me) - but  - I think something this show (and TVD has shown) has been consistent is that if Klaus loves you, he loves you. it takes a hell of a lot to get rid of that love (ie: you know, being Esther and utterly betraying him and trying to kill him several times), but even with Aurora he walked that fine line of ultimately not wanting to kill her until he really had to. 

So the fact that Klaus lost the first person he considered as a son (someone he raised and everything).. yeah, I can see how it could be akin to losing Hope (which he almost did not even what? a year ago?) very fresh wounds for the softer side of Klaus. 

Davina severing the ancestoral link was cool - but does that mean what exactly? NOLA witches have no real powers? No more need for regents? 

My understanding (and I could be misinterpreting things since I don't think it was totally spelled out) is that severing the ancestral link means that the ancestors can't do things like hex Kol to want to instinctually want to kill Davina or magically interfere like when Vincent was trying to do magic that they didn't want him to do. My feeling was that witches who are alive still have their own individual power, but the ancestors no longer have any power over them. But it also means that Freya can't channel the ancestors' power for extra juice if she needs it for a really difficult spell (as she did last week). It seems like what Vincent and Davina did was cut the ancestors off from interfering with the NOLA witches who are alive. I don't know that there's a need for a regent anymore, but maybe instead they should have some sort of witch council with one witch from each coven in the city so everyone knows what's going on.

4 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

My understanding (and I could be misinterpreting things since I don't think it was totally spelled out) is that severing the ancestral link means that the ancestors can't do things like hex Kol to want to instinctually want to kill Davina or magically interfere like when Vincent was trying to do magic that they didn't want him to do. My feeling was that witches who are alive still have their own individual power, but the ancestors no longer have any power over them. But it also means that Freya can't channel the ancestors' power for extra juice if she needs it for a really difficult spell (as she did last week). It seems like what Vincent and Davina did was cut the ancestors off from interfering with the NOLA witches who are alive. I don't know that there's a need for a regent anymore, but maybe instead they should have some sort of witch council with one witch from each coven in the city so everyone knows what's going on.

Thanks, EB! :)
so no more mystical magic hijacking.

I also had to say I liked the bomb, but I was like the bomb had ancient Ancestor magic that Eva siphoned..... enough to battery Freya up? (too bad we didn't know about this last week).

4 hours ago, Jack Sampson said:

If Davina's spirit was right there, why couldn't they try the resurrection spell again.  And why weren't any of the Ancestors around to try to stop them?

my feeling was that Davina was on a different plane (ie: not the Ancestoral one), but she was only able to reach out to Kol, Vincent because she loved/cared for them. so it was her last act to push through but i don't think it was permanent. 

Really great and thoughtful analyses on this episode from my fellow posters - I enjoyed reading them. 

I've always found Marcel as a character dull and annoying by turns, but I must say that CMD did a great job with the bridge scene - a very powerful performance.

I've become so fond of all the Mikaelsons that I will always root for them and their survival, but at the same time Marcel was spot-on with much of what he said about them, and I admire that the writers aren't afraid to write dialogue that contains these uncomfortable home truths about the main characters. In general, I think they've done a great job of taking the 'villains' from one show and turning them into the 'heroes' of the spin-off, without sugar-coating them or their actions. It must be a difficult balance to achieve but I think they've pulled it off. 

It was good to see Davina one last time and for Kol to get a proper farewell to her. I'm a bit confused about her status though; is she being tormented, has she ceased to exist entirely, or has she found peace? It seemed ambiguous. 

I appreciate the neatness in Marcel fulfilling the prophecy by being simultaneously 'friend, foe and family'. That said, I hope he gets his newly-upgraded ass kicked soundly next week. If he manages to kill any of the Mikaelsons I'm going to be seriously pissed.

• Love 2

If Marcel kills Elijah (and it does look like from the prophecy and previews he bites him) doesn't he kill ALL of the Strix who he leads? Elijah's line is still bound to him....is Marcel not thinking or does he just not care?

It is the ultimate irony that Elijah created the monster that brings them down, maybe if they had shown the trust to let Marcel take the serum he would have finally seen himself as family and never felt the need to finish the process. 

(edited)
17 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Apparently witches still have power of their own, even though the ancestors are where they all were supposed to get ALL of their power, which was even a plot point in the first season but these writers have never been consistent about their own mythology anyway. Either way, it just means they're just like every other witch in the TVD universe now, and considering what they and all but very few of the other witches in the TVD universe are like isn't a glowing endorsement BTW. I love how in this episode Vincent pointed out what witches were SUPPOSED to be for the first time in a very long time, protectors of nature, and how they've become so drunk with power and corrupt they've lost anything that could be considered actually following that purpose.

I say it was likely that Marcel would have completed the turn anyway no matter what happened, but he was also giving the Mikaelsons a chance to prove to him that he was really family and thus he wouldn't have gone "kill em all" on them. Ultimately I see Klaus as quite right about Marcel, he IS just like Klaus, causing death, misery, and destruction throughout all of New Orleans (has everybody completely forgot the whole "dominating the witches" and "ruling over New Orleans with an iron fist" thing that Marcel did, and that's just what we know about?) and yet deflects, blames others, and refuses to accept responsibility nor grow and change for any of it. I have little doubt the similarities between them will become significantly more obvious over the next episode and season.

Honest opinion is they should have had an antagonist like this from the very start, someone who could not only match any of the Mikaelsons blow for blow but actually kill them if they didn't watch themselves. Uber Original Lucian is the first time where there was actual tension involved because the protagonists could actually be killed by their enemy and without that ridiculous white oak to do it, as before it was obvious that all the antagonists before never had a chance against the protagonists in the first place. It's like having Superman's rogue's gallery filled with nothing but common street thugs for a long time before introducing people like Lex Luthor or Darkseid, they should have been there to begin with.

Edited by immortalfrieza
  • Love 1

The only part I don't understand about Marcel turning is that Elijah took his heart, did he just regrow one?  Maybe I am just way over thinking this.

1 minute ago, Diane said:

The only part I don't understand about Marcel turning is that Elijah took his heart, did he just regrow one?  Maybe I am just way over thinking this.

Apparently Marcel did, otherwise all the serum in the world wouldn't make a difference. Removing the head or the heart isn't something that anyone has even tried against these so called unkillable immortals and maybe this is why.

3 minutes ago, Diane said:

That's a really good point.  What if Elijah took his head, could he regrow that too?  And why kill him?  He could have just snapped his neck.  Even if they knew that he'd taken the serum, he could have snapped his neck, then extracted it the same way they did to Aurora.

As I said above, there are dozens of ways around it but forced writing is forced writing.

• Love 1

Something I noticed but almost forgot about, I'm surprised that nobody on these forums or the show itself didn't point out how incredibly hypocritical Marcel was being. He's grieving yes, but the situation was either Davina was wiped from existence or Klaus and Haley were and Lucien survives to kill again, and he doesn't even acknowledge that much. For all his talk of how the Mikaelsons are willing to cause destruction in the name of protecting their family he is essentially saying he would rather Klaus and Haley die now and possibly the rest including Davina and himself later just to save his daughter Davina. In other words HIS family Marcel is willing to sacrifice everything for, but he begrudges the Mikaelsons for being willing to do the same.

1 hour ago, immortalfrieza said:

Something I noticed but almost forgot about, I'm surprised that nobody on these forums or the show itself didn't point out how incredibly hypocritical Marcel was being. He's grieving yes, but the situation was either Davina was wiped from existence or Klaus and Haley were and Lucien survives to kill again, and he doesn't even acknowledge that much. For all his talk of how the Mikaelsons are willing to cause destruction in the name of protecting their family he is essentially saying he would rather Klaus and Haley die now and possibly the rest including Davina and himself later just to save his daughter Davina. In other words HIS family Marcel is willing to sacrifice everything for, but he begrudges the Mikaelsons for being willing to do the same.

Don't forget, Lucian was going to kill Rebekah next - a woman Marcel claimed to love.  The dude isn't even consistent in who he's willing to kill for.

Having your soul shredded seems to be just a minor inconvenience. I was suspecting that the writer would come up with something to make the soul shredding a fakeout but not that they would basically ignore it.

Did anybody really think that Marcel was dead? It was clear that he had drunken the thing a long time ago. Also has Elijah never heard of a self fulfilling prophecy? For being so old he is surprisingly dumb.

I think Marcel will prove himself to be hypocritical by going after Kol in his "the Mikealsons must answer for this" mindset. He knows that this would be the last thing Davina would want so if he were really about doing this in her name, he should target Elijah and Freya as the only people he knows screwed Davina over.

But in his speech on the bridge he was so focused on declaring himself Klaus` enemy in particular. And okay, Klaus didn`t defend himself by pointing out how he was not in on the plan. But why was Marcel`s ire not focused on Elijah right then and there? 

(edited)

I think Marcel is being hypocritical anyway.  He is oh so tight with Vincent NOW, but much of this war between the witches and vamps was escalated because Marcel used to kill witches left and right and forbade them from using magic.  In fact the ancestor's vendetta against Davina was because of the life he drew her into.   And lets be frank, the apple didn't fall too far from the tree, Marcel wants what Klaus wants - to rule over New Orleans.  He plans to use the same power Klaus has to do the same thing Klaus does.  Marcel has always only wanted power - just like Dad.  He is planning to kill without mercy because of a slight to who he considered family, while chastising the Michaelson's for doing the same.  He talks about Klaus' lust for power after he and Elijah played a long con so that Elijah could basically GIVE HIM the Stricks.  He is starting a war with the whole family - a family that consists of: his adopted father who freed him from slavery and raised him; his uncle Elijah who helped raise him and, as I said, gave him worldwide power as leader of the Stricks; his other uncle Kol who he hated, that was until Kol fell in love with Davina so now they are allies - that is until Kol kills somebody else he likes (and Kol will, because, Kol); Hayley - who has done nothing to him and was friends with his former lover, Cami; baby Hope (his sister) who has done nothing to him - but probably will if he kills her whole family; Freya who doesn't know him from jump who stopped protecting (because face it, Davina was alive because Freya was protecting her) a girl she didn't know from jump in order to save every member of her family; and last but not least Rebeka, who is supposedly the love of his life.  Truthfully I would love it if he took the serum in order to keep the Originals in check, but not to fight with them.  This way, he is just Lucien: The Sequel, and not one iota better than the people he is choosing to fight - people who have no quarrel at all with him. 

I get it that he is in mourning and feels rage, but Marcel needs to take several seats.

Edited by Timetoread
  • Love 2

I am still torn, I cheered at some of Marcel's truth bombs while on that bridge but at the same time my brain reminded me of some of Marcel's past actions that we know of AND that he himself was adopted and raised by the very family he wants to destroy. I agree with the post above that Marcel was giving the Mikaelsons just enough rope to hang themselves or not on that bridge. So wow, Marcel is actually now all of the above of that damn prophecy: he is friend, family and foe. I did gasp when Elijah killed Marcel, even after Vincent divulged that Marcel took that serum shortly after it was presented to him, because I wondered wtf, can Marcel actually be alive without a damn heart?! I guess so, writers (side eye). 

I felt for Davina yet again but it looks like her soul was somewhat restored, at least enough to pass on to where it's meant to go. And I'm still clinging to the hope that Cami is dead, dead, totally dead and not coming back.

• Love 1

He is oh so tight with Vincent NOW

I kinda chuckled when Vincent, in the last episode, told Marcel to fight because "New Orleans is our home". Now granted, the Mikealson`s weren`t born there but the show established that they build and shaped this town from basically a hole in the swamp. So it`s not like they don`t have an even longer and older claim to "this is our town".  

• Love 1
On 16/05/2016 at 1:55 AM, MissL said:

If Marcel kills Elijah (and it does look like from the prophecy and previews he bites him)...

I'm fairly certain that Elijah's fate will be the cliffhanger we all have to live with until next winter :(

On 5/16/2016 at 2:45 PM, Aeryn13 said:

I kinda chuckled when Vincent, in the last episode, told Marcel to fight because "New Orleans is our home". Now granted, the Mikealson`s weren`t born there but the show established that they build and shaped this town from basically a hole in the swamp. So it`s not like they don`t have an even longer and older claim to "this is our town".  

New Orleans like every other city in the south and along the east coast was built on the blood, sweat, tears, and backs of enslaved Africans, Chinese labors, and other exploited folks so Vincent and anyone else who chooses has every right to claim it. Mikealsons do not have any superior claim to the city.

• Love 1