Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E20: Where Nothing Stays Buried

In the wake of a ruthless plan that has left their family shattered, Klaus, Elijah and Freya desperately search for a way to take down Lucien once and for all. However, their efforts are put on hold following an urgent plea for help from Kol and Marcel. At Klaus' insistence, Freya and Elijah reluctantly stay behind to offer their help, while Klaus and Hayley head to the bayou after uncovering Lucien's latest plan. Once there, an unexpected showdown between Klaus and Lucien forces Freya to take matters into her own hands, setting off a chain of events that will change all of their lives forever.

Promo:

Wow they killed Davina too. 

Klaus was right there really was no glory in the victory of killing Lucien. They lost way too much including Kol just for that win. 

Freya was psycho obsessed with using Davina, she didn't care at all. I guess since she's only known Kol for 2 minutes she didn't care, unlike Klaus who cared about Kol's feelings.

I like to see a Vincent/Marcelle/Kol team.

• Love 1

We so rarely get truly platonic M/F friendships on tv (even if they start out that way, they almost always get turned into romances), which is one of the reasons I loved Marcel and Davina's relationship. Seeing him cry over her dead body, attacking Kol (knowing that an Original is a million times stronger), and doing everything he could think of to bring her back just broke my heart.

In contrast, Klaus yelling at Hayley when she offered to arrange an Irish wake was annoying. I mean, it's typical for behavior for Klaus but still. So it was nice to see him then tell Marcel he would help him resurrect Davina and then take Kol to clean him up. Klaus isn't always the best strategist, but I'm glad he recognized that Freya's plan would turn Kol and Marcel against the family.

And finally someone was smart enough to burn a vampire body! I'm too paranoid to trust that a dead vampire will stay dead just because it's been staked. I would cut off the head, pull out the heart, burn the body, and scatter the ashes in separate corners of the earth.

I'm glad that Davina got to Marcel him how she felt before Freya sacrificed her. I was totally fine with Cami dying because I've been actively rooting for her to die since the beginning, but I liked Davina's story, even when her character was whiny or pouty. She was a teenager going up against centuries old vampires and learning how to deal with her power and I think that there was more story left to tell with her, so I wish that the writers hadn't killed her off.

I finally realized another reason why Lucien annoys me. I don't like his nasally voice or his chuckle. I got so tired of his inferiority complex too. Seriously, dude, it's been hundreds of years. Get yourself a good therapist or spank your inner moppet, but get over it already. You're a powerful immortal - can't you just enjoy that instead of obsessing about Klaus?

Great that Hayley is finally abandoning her stupid "I have to punish myself for not loving Jack enough while he was alive by not being with Elijah now that he's dead" thing, but seriously, girl, Elijah just had a rough day so maybe don't move in for the makeout session right away.

Farewell, Van. Another Asian character dies. So will we see someone else from his family show up to avenge his death or is this the last we will see of the Nguyen family? Maybe they can team up with Marcel, Vincent, and Kol to form the We Don't Like Each Other, Like, AT ALL, But We Really Hate the Mikaelsons club. I know the Mikaelsons are the protagonists so we're supposed to root for them, but I have to admit it's nice to see them suffer some consequences for their decisions. Cami and Davina were killed by Lucien and the ancestors, but those two deaths were a result of Cami and Davina's association with the Mikaelsons. Now on top of that, the Mikaelsons have lost Marcel and Vincent, two very strong and important allies as a result of their decisions. We know that Kol has sought revenge in the past (see: Rebekah trapped in a witch body for tattling), so what are the chances that he's just going to let this go vs going full scorched earth? My guess is that this will end with Kol daggered again.

• Love 3

This was rough. And for once Klaus was actually the "nice" one who immediately offered to help with the plan to rescue Davina and gave a very firm "no" to sacrificing her so callously. Elijah, for all his nobility, is the one who will IMO cross the most lines in defense of his family. It is his number one goal to keep them together and protected. And Freya has longed for that familial connection for a thousand years. Having just found it, she is incapable of giving it up. So their actions were in character for me.

Marcel wasn`t wrong in the end. I don`t think people outside the family are necessarily "nothing" to the Mikaelson. I mean they do love others but when push comes to shove, they will not chose them over family. Never. That`s why I`m very undecided about Kol right now. I think he will be pissed beyond belief but in the defining moment, I can not see him turning against his family. 

Same can not be said for Marcel and Vincent who have been permanently lost as allies.

Lucien reverting right back to the scared stable boy begging for his life in that horrific moment when Tristan marked him summed up the character pretty well. He never got over it, not in a thousand years. Kinda odd that he had so much class hate towards the Mikaelsons. I mean, they came from a peasant background as well. Their superiority came from magic powers pretty much, not born nobility. He aquired that same power becoming a vampire so what the hell, dude?     

Davina has been a character I sometimes liked and sometimes didn`t but that was a fate she absolutely did not deserve. Having her soul ripped to shreds?

Honestly, I can not really blame the Mikaelsons for it. In fact, her association with vampires started through Marcel and followed that Harvest crap. All before the family came back to town. But her fate was solely due to the once agan cruelest and most loathsome characters on the show, the witch ancestors. Maybe Klaus and co. do terrible things in the name of family and love but at least they are capable of those things. The dead witches just seem to have one emotion: cruelty. And they pass jugdment? Makes them so much worse.

• Love 5

The ancestors were mad at Davina about a whole host of things that she had done over the past few years, but I think one of the biggest things on their list was that she had repeatedly helped the Mikaelsons (even though several times it was against her will - I still remember Klaus blackmailing her into doing a spell for him and then saying, "Why do you make me do this to you?" like the classic abuser that he is). The ancestors hate vampires, but particularly the Mikaelsons so for her to ally with them as well as Marcel who is (1) a vampire (2) connected to the Mikaelsons and (3) banned all magic in the Quarter during his reign was a huge strike against her. On top of that she fell in love with Kol (who the ancestors also dislike, as seen by his time in witch hell). Her major crimes against the witches was not siding with them against all vampires in general and killing fellow witches.

A huge problem I have with witches on this show and TVD is that, like Klaus, they expect loyalty to them to be the #1 priority for everyone. Anyone who doesn't follow that rule is considered a betrayer and an enemy. On TVD witches were initially described as the ones who keep nature in balance, which is a great idea in theory, but they have been shown to be petty vengeful asshats who sometimes sit by doing not a damn thing while evil things happen and other times poking their dead witchy noses into whatever is going on to intercede because they don't like what's happening. And like Klaus, the ancestors use their powers to punish people who they perceive as not loyal or obedient enough. Their self righteousness is so annoying.

What electricBoogaloo said.  Still it was heartbreaking to hear Davina begging and screaming at Freya. The actress did a great job there. 

I wish Marcel and Kol knew Klaus said not to do it. I shouldn't care if Klaus is misunderstood but I kinda want him to have credit for one of the few times he made the right choice.

• Love 3

I wish Marcel and Kol knew Klaus said not to do it. I shouldn't care if Klaus is misunderstood but I kinda want him to have credit for one of the few times he made the right choice.

Yeah, it`s weird that he will probably get it from them for the one time he did try putting them first.

It`s kinda how their first Sired hated them for those 100 years spent as the decoys and Klaus had no idea about this back then. I always wondered when/how Elijah told his siblings. They ran from that castle and then? Did they spent a lovely time in Tuscany and everyone was like "gee, weird that Mikeal doesn`t seem to find us" and Elijah went "um....yeah, weird."

• Love 2
(edited)

I'm not a great fan of Davina and I cannot say I will miss her much, but I did enjoy her relationship with Marcel and his grief was hard to watch. And the way she was destroyed was horrific, first the realization that Freya was betraying her and then the torture by the ancestors.  Poor kid.  Also, her scene in which she told Marcel how much she loved him was really nice.

Speaking of Marcel, he is completely justified in whatever he wants to do and I hope he doesn't forgive the Mikaelsons again.  They will alway choose each other.  And while they may care about Marcel and even love him, he is not truly family to them.  He doesn't even rank with Kol, who though on the outside of the always and forever pact, is still their brother. When push comes to shove, they close ranks.

That said, I really don't want to see him take that stupid MORE KLAUS THAN KLAUS syrup. I didn't enjoy that plot and somehow simply using the asshole witch plan of creating a worse monster just seems like an unsatisfying choice for Marcel as a character.  He's always seemed a little more genuinely principled than the Mikaelsons and it seems oddly beneath him.  It was the plan of a petulant asshat who was nursing a 7/800 year inferiority complex with a side of petulant nice-guy syndrome over a girl who didn't want him for nigh on a millennia. (Also, structurally, I know the show won't let him remain more powerful than the Mikaelsons; and I don't care to see them beat that spell twice in two weeks.  It's sort of anticlimactic)

In contrast to Marcel's grief, I had trouble giving an giving a shit about Kol.  I just didn't buy into Kol and Davina, particularly with Nathaniel Buzolic in the role.  Their relationship never rang all that true, particularly on Kol's side.  Partly it was that of all the ancient vampire/teenager romances I've seen this one was the most stark to me, possibly because Davina was written the most true to a teen I've seen on these shows - emotional, petulant, whiny, and impulsive at least as often as she was strong and smart.  I think it also had to do with, switching actors.  Davina and Kaleb had chemistry and a story.  But he wasn't really playing Kol, she never really knew Kol.  So even there, it was hard to by that she loved Kol.  Kaleb was, however, sometimes playing her, so even with Sherman in the role, who really did have chemistry with Danielle Campbell, it was a little suspect how much it was love. And  then with NB in the role, there was just something missing.  While I love NB, his Kol and Davina were sort of flat together.  So I had a hard time buying his love for her and an even harder time caring about his grief.  I just wanted him to leave Marcel alone to grieve in peace.

I'm glad Hayley isn't punishing herself and Elijah anymore.  And I actually thought the timing was good.  She went to him to comfort him and just be with him.  But I didn't see it as expecting more than a wordless acknowledgement that she had taken down the wall and was there for him. I thought the moment worked.

And in a totally unrelated note, was it just me, or has Vincent been looking hotter than ever recently?

Edited by RachelKM
Apparently typed while too tired to proof read.
  • Love 2

Why would Vincent offer the super-vamp serum to Marcel?  The one vampire who arguably treated the witches worse than the Mikaelsons.  The dude banned all magic, then executed witches for performing even simple spells - plus he was the one responsible for the original Crescent Curse.  Guess that's all forgotten because one girl, who made a ton of mistakes and sanctioned hits on fellow witches, got killed.

I couldn't stand Davina.  Girl lived in a graveyard for most of last season - where did she go to the bathroom, when did she shower?   

• Love 2

And Vincent has history wrong as well. He told Marcel that Marcel once summoned the one the Mikealson`s were most afraid of to run them out of town.

No, he didn`t. Him and Rebekah did that to get Klaus off their backs and be together. It wasn`t about running Elijah or especially Rebekah out of town. Heck, they didn`t want Klaus hurt either, just wanted some alone time basically. And Mikael showing up nearly got Marcel gutted anyway. That was some revisionist history there, Vincent or shall I say, writers.

Marcel and Rebekah did it together.  At least, they conceived of it together.  So, Vincent saying this isn't some sort of revisionist history.  

This show has a serious woman problem.  Either the writers are from the Supernatural staff and they despise women, or there is something going on on set that makes the women want to leave.  Haley is the only woman left from the pilot (and she's died at least once and has forced to be a werewolf for months on end), and her story just revolves around the men in her life.   It's all pretty gross.  

• Love 2

So, Vincent saying this isn't some sort of revisionist history.  

But Vincent said it like "you once were the champion of this town when you conspired to get rid of the Mikealson, now I call on you to do this again". And this is totally not what happened. Marcel wanted to get rid of an overbearing dad figure, not free New Orleans. When his actions resulted in all Mikealsons being gone, yup, then he got it into his head to keep the city for himself and not make it known to them that he had survived. He took advantage of them moving on. Yet that is worlds different to what Vincent wants from him now.  

I think in general this fall Season has been a slaughtering field for female characters. Of all the shows I watch I think this is the 5th one. Don`t quite know what is happening. 

I have also noticed that about shows killing female characters. But nothing as bad as here on The Originals where they just killed half the female regulars in two weeks.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

On TVD witches were initially described as the ones who keep nature in balance, which is a great idea in theory, but they have been shown to be petty vengeful asshats who sometimes sit by doing not a damn thing while evil things happen and other times poking their dead witchy noses into whatever is going on to intercede because they don't like what's happening. And like Klaus, the ancestors use their powers to punish people who they perceive as not loyal or obedient enough. Their self righteousness is so annoying.

Yes, yes and yes. Witches almost always make things worse with their interference and judgmentalism. 

29 minutes ago, Aeryn13 said:

But Vincent said it like "you once were the champion of this town when you conspired to get rid of the Mikealson, now I call on you to do this again". And this is totally not what happened. Marcel wanted to get rid of an overbearing dad figure, not free New Orleans. When his actions resulted in all Mikealsons being gone, yup, then he got it into his head to keep the city for himself and not make it known to them that he had survived. He took advantage of them moving on. Yet that is worlds different to what Vincent wants from him now.  

But why would Vincent know the technicalities of what and why Marcel did what he did nearly a century ago?  Marcel emerged the victor and then was a leader of the supernatural world in New Orleans.  As such, he writes the history.  That's how Vincent knows Marcel - the dude who kicked the Mikaelson's out of New Orleans because that's the public image, regardless of how things occurred in private. 

• Love 3

I haven't really watched this season much, mostly because I was bored and busy with other things. But hell, two females killed off in a span of two weeks? That's brutal. I even like Davina a lot. She's a young girl who has gone through a lot in the last couple of years, and this ending for her was absolutely 100% brutal and undeserving. I mean, Cami seemed to get a better send off, one that's more peaceful. I wonder if they'll keep Davina dead. Right now, it seems like they have, but I think this is the worst death on both The Originals and Vampire Diaries. Killed by her boyfriend, thrown into the ancestral world, tortured, betrayed and soul ripped to shreds. I actually felt for her when she was screaming at Freya and begging her to not do this. Danielle Campbell did a really great job in that one scene; it reminded me that she's just a young kid, barely eighteen if that (I think she was sixteen when the show started) and she barely had a life to live, while the Mikaelsons have lived their lives for thousands of years. 

I'm glad Marcel is finally turning on the Mikaelsons, and I do think it will stick this time. I had to laugh at Klaus' surprised face when Marcel didn't accept his hug at the end. I know Klaus was the only one to was advocating for Freya and Elijah to find another way earlier, but Marcel is right in blaming the whole family for this. In the end, Freya and Elijah chose their family over anyone else, and it caused Davina to die in the worst possible way. I always loved the Marcel/Davina relationship, so I am fully on Marcel's side for abandoning Team Mikaelson. 

And I will say that I have always hated the ancestors, because technically they chose to torture and kill a young girl for some actions she did over the years, quite a few of them against her will. The Mikaelsons may not have killed her, but the witches seemed to hate and kill Davina because of her association with them. Which really, really sucks. 

I never really liked Kol/Davina, but I do give Nathan Buzolic props for trying to keep up the Kol/Davina storyline that belonged to Daniel Sharman previously. Even though I prefer Kol not entangled in a romantic relationship and I actually prefer him crazy and unpredictable, I was impressed by the opening scene. He did actually seem devastated. I've watched only a few clips of his Kol with Davina this season, to be fair, but this is the first I kind of felt for him. I do think he has the potential to get over his romance with Davina eventually. I am happy that they stuck to mostly Marcel's grief instead of Kol's. Marcel knew Davina best, and Kol has only been in Davina's life for a year or something, so it makes sense.

Oddly enough, I seem to be on Klaus' side more than Freya and Elijah's. I may have rolled my eyes at Klaus saying that he didn't want Marcel to go through what he was going through (with Cami's death), mostly because I never bought those two in love, but he made a good point. I think he also was the one to realize that he would lose Marcel's friendship if this was done. I actually bought that he was more concerned with losing his friendship than losing an ally.

Lucien's dead. Ok, cool. Glad to see him gone. I remember watching the first few episodes of this season and didn't like him then either. 

I do wish Hayley was dead instead of Davina. I still don't really like Hayley. But now that Cami and Davina are gone, and Hayley ALMOST died, I'm ok with her sticking around. Just no more major female deaths, alright? 

There's a reason why I missed most of this season, and now I can see I might have made the right one. 

I`m not yet convinced they killed off Davina for real. Cami, yes. But Davina, I think she can come back. Of course I don`t understand this weird ancestral underworld. Who the fuck created that`? And did Qetsiyah`s Other Side supercede it while it existed as the stronger magic? I would think so. Or did the two overlap?   

• Love 2
6 hours ago, MissL said:

What electricBoogaloo said.  Still it was heartbreaking to hear Davina begging and screaming at Freya. The actress did a great job there. 

Agreed. Especially since his No was very succinct and left little room for misinterpretation.

4 hours ago, Jack Sampson said:

Why would Vincent offer the super-vamp serum to Marcel?  The one vampire who arguably treated the witches worse than the Mikaelsons.  The dude banned all magic, then executed witches for performing even simple spells - plus he was the one responsible for the original Crescent Curse.  Guess that's all forgotten because one girl, who made a ton of mistakes and sanctioned hits on fellow witches, got killed. 

Vincent is 100% anti-ancestors at this point, so him working with Marcel actually makes sense. He was a witch on the fringe of the covens mostly because he didn't agree with the harvest rituals and killing kids, which Marcel mostly put a stop to. Right now, I think their alliance is more of a "the enemy of my betrayer is my friend" kind of thing.

I have to give Danielle Campbell props because that scene where she was begging Freya to stop gave me goosebumps. And I also love how you could see how guilty Freya was at having to do that to her in the first place, so Applause to Riley Vokel as well. 

Well damn, I didn't think they'd actually kill off Davina permanently. Not sure if I should still have a tiny amount of hope that Danielle Campbell reappears on the show again sometime next season, or if Cami and Davina were killed because of budget cuts (since I hear the ratings aren't so good).

Man, that was painful viewing. Not because it wasn't good, but there's too much death and grief and I'm finding it quite depressing. I should stop getting so attached to fictional characters.

That was a brutal way for Davina to go. Mean and cruel. I really hope she manages to come back somehow.

I'm not convinced Davina is gone for good either.  Someone somehow somewhere will put the pieces back together and she'll come back, seeking vengeance because that's what you do.  

• Love 1
8 hours ago, Lion said:

This show has a serious woman problem.  Either the writers are from the Supernatural staff and they despise women, or there is something going on on set that makes the women want to leave.  Haley is the only woman left from the pilot (and she's died at least once and has forced to be a werewolf for months on end), and her story just revolves around the men in her life.   It's all pretty gross.  

Everybody on this show has died at least once. Except Freya, I guess.

Also the supernatural writers hate everybody who isn't the winchester bros. Literally everybody is dead there. Last week I was so glad that the gay hunters got away from them after one episode, otherwise they would have been dead in a few episodes.

12 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

A huge problem I have with witches on this show and TVD is that, like Klaus, they expect loyalty to them to be the #1 priority for everyone. Anyone who doesn't follow that rule is considered a betrayer and an enemy. On TVD witches were initially described as the ones who keep nature in balance, which is a great idea in theory, but they have been shown to be petty vengeful asshats who sometimes sit by doing not a damn thing while evil things happen and other times poking their dead witchy noses into whatever is going on to intercede because they don't like what's happening. And like Klaus, the ancestors use their powers to punish people who they perceive as not loyal or obedient enough. Their self righteousness is so annoying.

Well I can kinda excuse it as this being special witches. They don't draw their power from nature, but from their ancestors. Ofcourse that makes me wodner why they can't be witches and vampires at the same time, because not drawing power from nature was the loophole for the heretics. Maybe the ancestors are just racist or something.

5 hours ago, Aeryn13 said:

I`m not yet convinced they killed off Davina for real. Cami, yes. But Davina, I think she can come back. Of course I don`t understand this weird ancestral underworld. Who the fuck created that`? And did Qetsiyah`s Other Side supercede it while it existed as the stronger magic? I would think so. Or did the two overlap?   

I don't quite buy it either. That stone probably does something other than shred a soul. Putting it somewhere else.

• Love 1

So it's the witchy version of the phoenix stone on TVD? 

I would like to see Davina come back but the way that Kol described the stone as shredding her soul (and then Van saying that he didn't sense her when he tried the spell) makes me think that she's really gone. 

Good point about the ancestral witch afterlife place vs The Other Side (which is now gone). I guess it's a separate place? And Kol was temporarily there because he was a witch and they wanted to torment him?

1 hour ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

I would like to see Davina come back but the way that Kol described the stone as shredding her soul (and then Van saying that he didn't sense her when he tried the spell) makes me think that she's really gone.

Kol might not know what the stone is really for and Van specifically said that "it's like she wasn't there at all". That could mean that her soul was shredded or that she is simply in another place.

1 hour ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Good point about the ancestral witch afterlife place vs The Other Side (which is now gone). I guess it's a separate place? And Kol was temporarily there because he was a witch and they wanted to torment him?

I guess the other side also might have been the reason why witches needed to be consecrated, basically to move them over from the other side to the ancestor-place? Pretty sure that happened to mama michelson after she was already dead for a while. Now that the other side is gone I guess New Orleans witches go directly to the ancestor-place. At least Kol and Devina didn't need to be consecrated. (or the writers just forgot about that part)

44 minutes ago, Miles said:

At least Kol and Devina didn't need to be consecrated. (or the writers just forgot about that part)

They consecrated Davina.  Vincent was doing that just as Freya started her spell to bring her to the circle.

You are right. I guess I got confused because that used to require being burried in New Orleans earth. Guess that's not important anymore for... uhm... reasons!

I still hold out hope for Davina, because we didn't actually see her dissolve into pieces. I like her and want her back, even though her fate was mostly of her own doing - the ancestors were much less intrusive before she had Van's mother killed. She seemed to be the main face of the ancestral oposition.

I get why Freya did what she did and I appreciate that Lucien is - finally - dead. I still think there had to be a better way to go about it, one that didn't involve turning a freind into a mortal enemy.

Now, as for the enemies... I feel this season lacks a good enemy. We had an interesting premise with the Originals-B-roll, but it all fell flat. In the end, the big bad seems to be Marcel, while the B-roll are either dead or trapped for eternity. Unless Aurora surprises everyone soon.

(Still happy Cami's gone, though. I am a bad, bad person)

• Love 1
(edited)

I don't fault Freya and Elijah for doing what they did - you are SUPPOSED to choose family (see the Winchesters).  Lucien was unkillable so when they found a way to do it, they had to do it.  I think Kol will forgive them - first of all it wasn't all of them who made the decision, it was mostly Freya, and then Elijah backed her.  But Lucien had already killed Cami.  He was actively killing Hayley when they showed up.  He was about to kill Rebekah and was going to finish things off with Klaus and Elijah.  What would happen to the baby if all of her powerful family was wiped out?  What choice did they have?

I think Marcel can forgive them as well.  I absolutely believe that they consider him family.  They see him as Klaus' kid - their nephew - and they actually RAISED him.  They understand the push-pull with him because daddy Klaus is a son of a bitch, but I think all of them will tolerate whatever he throws at them to the Nth degree because of their bond.  Honestly it was Marcel's love for Davina that kept them from simply killing her for this long.  Her connection to Kol was recent and Klaus only respected it because it paralleled his own feelings for Cami.

I am interested to see where they go with Marcel as an "Original".  The draw of this show for me has always been the many definitions of family.  How you can hate your family and still love them.  Even Klaus, the most ruthless bastard of the bunch, stops just short when it comes to his siblings - and to Marcel.  I honestly feel that Klaus would let Marcel kill him, if push comes to shove.  I think there is only one card that Marcel could play that would force Klaus to kill him - that is if Marcel targets Hope.  I just don't think that he would do that.  Marcel was the first to hold Hope after she was born and Marcel has a soft spot for little girls.

The real villains in my book are The Ancestors.  I understand them hating vampires, especially the Michaelsons, but I consider them to be far more ruthless than Klaus ever was.  They seem to thirst for blood and they have no understanding.  Davina was just a kid.  And like kids do, she made decisions based on emotions and overconfidence in herself.  She wasn't ready to hold so much power and had no guidance at all.  Can she be blamed for her relationship with Marcel?  Marcel was a very loving and forgiving surrogate parent to her.  Why wouldn't she love him?  The Michaelsons are a troublesome bunch but they also cared for a lot of good PEOPLE - people who were Davina's friends.  The Michaelsons - the whole family in fact - went out of their way to save Davina during that whole Harvest crap.  So while I can see the ancestor's disapproving of Davina's ties, they were also very understandable.  Also, didn't the mother of the new regent, who Davina had killed, try to kill Davina first?  Why are these witches so committed to killing children?  I simply hate them.

Ultimately I don't want to see the family ripped apart forever.  I can get down with epic fights between them but I want them pull together.  They have two cards left that can do that - baby Hope (and I keep waiting on the reveal of what Hope is capable of), and Rebeka.  Kol and Marcel would do whatever to save Rebeka - and we know the rest would too.  One last thought - I'd love to see Freya take her place as the matriarch because she is the oldest and the only remaining witch of this bunch.  Bossy Klaus and the boys always overpowered baby girl Beks, but Freya is their BIG sister.  She needs to put her siblings in check, and it would be a hoot to watch.  I also loved that they've established that the two girls - bookending the whole family - have established a strong bond.  I want more of that too.

Edited by Timetoread
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, Ariah said:

(Still happy Cami's gone, though. I am a bad, bad person)

You ain't the only one.

I'm excited to see Marcel return to the being the antagonist for the Originals. Because he is "family" he understands them in a way their other foes haven't.  And honestly, it's way beyond time that the Mickaelson's pay for some of the shit they've done.  They have been vicious and ruthless and have given no fucks for anyone else or their families all while expecting that people understand and respect that their own family comes first.

Also, maybe big bad Marcel will want to wear shirts less? :-D

• Love 1

I think technically Kol is younger than Rebekah, but I don't know why I think that...

(Incidentally, you think we'll ever see anything about the youngest child in the family, the one whose death by werewolf scared their parents into inventing vampires? Oh who are we kidding, if TVD can pop out Mama Salvatore when it runs out of ideas, all we have to do is wait a few more seasons on TO.)

Something really confuses me about The Ancestors: I thought they were confined to New Orleans, where the powered NOLA witches? How did Vincent even do magic in Mystic Falls?

Not to defend Elijah and Freya because there's no way they were even thinking about that aspect, but by choosing to sacrifice Davina to save Rebekah (and everyone else in the family, but clearly Bex was on Freya's mind the most), they technically saved Rebekah's entire Sire line, which could come down to hundreds of vampires for one witch, tons of whom may not even be as old as Davina was.  When it's that many vampires lives vs the life of one witch, things get murkier.

I like that for once Klaus didn't do the family's dirty work. Actually, even without his express objections in this episode I don't see Klaus as having the stomach to murder Davina like that; he's always been more of an impulsive, rageful killer. Freya was cooooold. It should be interesting to watch a season of the family not being able to blame everything on Klaus.

• Love 2
(edited)
On 05/08/2016 at 4:53 PM, PinkRibbons said:

I think technically Kol is younger than Rebekah, but I don't know why I think that...

Something really confuses me about The Ancestors: I thought they were confined to New Orleans, where the powered NOLA witches? How did Vincent even do magic in Mystic Falls?

No, Rebekah is the younger one. Only the dead sibling is younger.

As for the second thing - maybe because he was the Regent at the time? Regents have closer connections to the Ancestors than the rest of the witches, so perhaps he could just . . . drag along the whole magic show with him like a portable charger or something.

I felt horrible for Davina - yeah, she was annoying and stubborn a lot of the time and she turned Kol into some Twilight-y vampire, but she was a kid and that was a terrifying way to go. It reminded me of one of the characters on Angel who also had [their] soul basically destroyed. That was a worse death than Cami, and not just because I like the former more than the latter. The last thing Marcel heard from the person he basically considered his kid was her screaming his name in terror. I'm ready for Marcel to go Hulk-smash.

I like Hayley when she is dealing with Klaus, since she just basically rolls her eyes at almost everything he says and tends to cut him off when he gets melodramatic. Hayley with Elijah, however, bores me. He's serious and she gets serious around him and it's just a bunch of meaningful stares and awkwardness and meh. Maybe they could let loose once she stops fighting it but considering what's coming up, I'm guessing not.

Vincent and Marcel are good-looking guys. LOL at Elijah's dramatic movement to just pull out a strand of hair.

Edited by Luciano
  • Love 2

ITA re: Vincent getting hotter and hotter with each passing episode. Swoon!

May I join the bad person club re: being happy Cami is still dead? 'Cause I am and hope she stays that way. I do feel bad for Davina although there were times she annoyed the hell out of me (most teens do), having your soul ripped to shreds like that was horrid to see and even worse to watch, DC really sold Davina's terror and fright. I really, really hope that Marcel does not imbibe the OG Upgrade Brew. I don't think he will despite him blaming the Mikaelsons for Davina's death, he'll seek his revenge on them some other way. I agree with the posters here who think Davina will come back somehow, this show and TVD have taught me to never really mourn a character when they die 'cause you never know...

Glad Lucien is dead, I found him to be the most annoying of the Tristan/Aurora/Lucien characters. And the witch ancestors continue to be the worst villains I've seen on tv (on the shows I watch) in a long time, they are THE worst. I'm hoping Freya finds some way to shut them the hell up and make them move on. 

I'm hoping Freya finds some way to shut them the hell up and make them move on. 

They were so busy being a bunch of buttholes to a teenager that they didn't see the Michaelson witch (you'd think Freya would be on the TOP of their list of priorities) siphon power from them in order to undo their big plan to make an Original killer.  It was more important to punish Davina.  I hope Freya mops the floor with them and shreds every last one of their souls so that they can't do harm ever again.

I just wanted to add that Davina locked Finn into his vampire body so that Freya was unable to save his soul.  The witches were targeting Rebeka specifically and were already doing all kinds of damage to Kol.  Freya has no history with Marcel and no history with Davina.  I do not blame her for what she did and the tough choice that she made to save what is left of her family.  In fact she was probably the only Michaelson who COULD make that choice. 

• Love 1
15 minutes ago, sabriiina2016 said:

I have a question... How did Marcel find out about Freya and Elijah's plan? 

I don't know that it was ever explained to him what they did exactly.  But, he was talking to her, Elijah attacked him and, when he woke up, Freya, Elijah and Davina were gone.  Then, when they tried to resurrect Davina, her soul was gone.  I assume he put 2 and 2 together.

• Love 1
(edited)
On 5/9/2016 at 5:20 PM, Luciano said:

I felt horrible for Davina - yeah, she was annoying and stubborn a lot of the time and she turned Kol into some Twilight-y vampire, but she was a kid and that was a terrifying way to go. It reminded me of one of the characters on Ange who also had [their] soul basically destroyed. That was a worse death than Cami, and not just because I like the former more than the latter. The last thing Marcel heard from the person he basically considered his kid was her screaming his name in terror. I'm ready for Marcel to go Hulk-smash.

I had the same thought.  Whenever one of these shows goes to the the "soul destroyed" mythology, I cannot help but think of Shells and Fred from Angel.  

It really was sad.  I can only assume the idea here is the same as it was there which is to give no hope of resurrection on a show full of magic and back from the dead stories.  As I said above, I won't miss Davina much for her own sake, but I do feel for Marcel and I will miss her relationship with him and with Josh... Oh God, Josh.  I didn't think about him until I typed that.  God damn, that kid's had a rough year.

Edited by RachelKM
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Poor Josh is going to be devastated.

Oh no!!  I was so consumed with losing Davina/Marcel that I didn't think of Josh's reaction.  Sniff.  

Even though I am in complete denial that Davina is truly gone, this was still a heartbreaker.  The father/daughter relationship with Marcel and Davina has been my favorite relationship on the show.  

It feels very weird and wrong to be mad at Elijah, but here we are.

The Klaus/Caroline shipper in me didn't like that Haley assumed Cami was the light of Klaus' life and one of the only reasons he wouldn't sink back into psychopath-dom. 

Totally agree about Vincent's hotness.  It has been increasing, or at least my notice of it has been.

• Love 1

Sad that Davina is dead. I get why the Mikaelson's would choose family over someone who is not, but outside of the show universe..well Claire Holt still has no interest in coming back to the show full time, so what was the point of all of this? Was there really no other way they could have saved Rebekah but maybe just put Davina on ice for awhile? Hell, even Elena Gilbert got a ridiculous sleeping curse that tied her life to Bonnie's on TVD, why couldn't that have been done here?

Hayley and Klaus need to have more scenes together, she and Elijah bore the fuck out of me.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, grandemocha said:

Sad that Davina is dead. I get why the Mikaelson's would choose family over someone who is not, but outside of the show universe..well Claire Holt still has no interest in coming back to the show full time, so what was the point of all of this? Was there really no other way they could have saved Rebekah but maybe just put Davina on ice for awhile? Hell, even Elena Gilbert got a ridiculous sleeping curse that tied her life to Bonnie's on TVD, why couldn't that have been done here?

The way I see it is they didn't think that they had enough time to find another option other than Davina. They knew that Lucian was on his way to intercept Klaus and Hayley (per a phone call from The Stricks) and he had to be stopped else they loose Klaus and Hayley (leaving Hope orphaned) and Rebekah (and the thousands of vampires in her sire-line, some of which could've been as young or younger than Davina)

Hayley and Klaus need to have more scenes together, she and Elijah bore the fuck out of me.

Agreed. I'd rather watch 5 seasons of those two trying to co=parent than Hayley and Elijah's "will they or won't they" nonsense.

• Love 2