Type keyword(s) to search

Snark Talk: Home, Home on the (De) Ranged

• Start Topic

On 11/29/2022 at 12:14 PM, SoCal Mema said:

live quite the life of luxury

Yes and it's because of Ladd and Ree. Ree bought her a house after they married. Alex's "job" is assistant to Ree. Mauricio has a tech job. I looked at the instagram. There is a lot of exotic foreign travel pictures. Most 25 year old young people can't pay for that lifestyle on their  own. Of course those kids were spoiled. They were "homeschooled" by private, paid tutors, had a university education all paid etc. Alex also has pics of herself at the gym. No, I don't think they worked for it. She is lucky.

• Applause 1
1 hour ago, Dineen said:

Yes and it's because of Ladd and Ree. Ree bought her a house after they married. Alex's "job" is assistant to Ree. Mauricio has a tech job. I looked at the instagram. There is a lot of exotic foreign travel pictures. Most 25 year old young people can't pay for that lifestyle on their  own. Of course those kids were spoiled. They were "homeschooled" by private, paid tutors, had a university education all paid etc. Alex also has pics of herself at the gym. No, I don't think they worked for it. She is lucky.

I wonder what she will do with all her entitlement. Stay a spoiled princess or use her privilege to do some good in the world. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
50 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

Stay a spoiled princess or use her privilege to do some good in the world. 

Probably stay a spoiled princess, just like her mom. Ree makes millions, is worth $50 million herself, yet she doesn't seem to give any away. Also, notice no more giveaways or 12 days of boots on her website. That is kind of an empty life, maybe fun, but a bit empty.

• Applause 1
  • Love 1

I've been wondering for quite awhile if  Ree ever uses the fact that she's poured so much money into the town they live near over peoples heads. I mean she's making more money by doing so too. Her demeanor just gives me the the icks because she comes across as someone who's still faking it because they made it.

Edited by Jaded
  • Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1

Exactly. And she always has that stupid grin on her face, always smiling while talking. She has brought a lot of money into Pawhuska, so people there probably appreciate her for that. More online articles about how her last child is leaving the nest, and that is a "sad milestone." B*llsh*t. Just more pr articles to keep her name in the news. Ladd is still looking old after that accident. I notice we never see cowboy Josh around. I wish someone who lives in Pawhuska can get on board and tell us the real scoop of what goes on there. 

• Love 1

Her "holiday" collection of ugly old lady rags, average looking jewelry that you see everywhere, faux leather this, faux suede this and that is out now for those of us without taste. In the comments section some of the comments for this recently written article are dated from last year, 2021. What is up with that? Can't her staff keep things straight? 

Also, a day after someone here mentioned Alex's instagram and Alex being a spoiled rich girl, on Ree's site is an article that says that Alex and Mauricio leave snacks drinks and goodies out by their front door for the delivery men. along with a nice note thanking them for their hard work. HHHMMMMM.  That is almost like it is to make her seem less materialistic. Does anyone think they read this blog? This stuff about leaving candy bars out for the UPS man is a bit weird. 

• Like 1
On 12/6/2022 at 5:30 PM, Dineen said:

Also, a day after someone here mentioned Alex's instagram and Alex being a spoiled rich girl, on Ree's site is an article that says that Alex and Mauricio leave snacks drinks and goodies out by their front door for the delivery men. along with a nice note thanking them for their hard work. HHHMMMMM.  That is almost like it is to make her seem less materialistic. Does anyone think they read this blog? This stuff about leaving candy bars out for the UPS man is a bit weird. 

I leave treats out for delivery people, and also cold drinks during the summer.  

• Applause 3
  • Love 1

I'm not sure that I would trust something left on a porch for me if I were a delivery person.  How do they know it's safe to eat or drink?  There are a lot of crazy people out there!

And, heaven knows, I would never eat anything prepared by Ree.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Cetacean said:

I would never eat anything prepared by Ree.

LOL. If you did you would gain 800 pounds and have a coronary. But seriously, I guess I was wrong again in my criticism as I had never heard of leaving out food. Alex lives in Dallas. How cold is it there now? I don't think someone could do that in Dallas in the summer. Where I live, I could not do that now, as the drinks would freeze, expand and burst. The food would be ruined. If you lived in south Florida, insects would be all over some of the food left out. It's true a rare person would be a psycho and poison the food, but that is rare. If you have a long time us post office person who does a good job, maybe knit him a scarf if you live in a cold climate, or something like that. Or get him  some cheap Chinese bakeware that will fall apart after 2 usages, or some faux leather (plastic) cowboy boots to walk in. Those would last a week in the snow or rain, but hey, they are covered in gaudy flowers and will be admired by all of the people on his mail route. For a female mail carrier, the same. Maybe a duster/tunic to wear over the mail uniform, with the cheap faux leather plastic cowgirl boots and maybe some dangly earrings made of cheap tin.  The website is pushing Christmas Hallmark movies. Barf. Only old ladies like those. In the past I have watched those while doing some hand embroidery. I guess that makes me just as stupid as the others who watch that sentimental, cheesy tripe. She even tells you where to sign up to pay to watch the new ones. She probably did that hoping to get another part in a hallmark movie.  On you tube they have short videos making fun of the hallmark movies. A good one is "every hallmark movie ever."

• LOL 2
9 hours ago, Cetacean said:

I'm not sure that I would trust something left on a porch for me if I were a delivery person.  How do they know it's safe to eat or drink?  There are a lot of crazy people out there!

I think people leave out pre-packaged things, like cookies, cheeze-its, chips, etc. And bottled water or soda. At least that is what I have seen around here.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
On 12/6/2022 at 5:30 PM, Dineen said:

Her "holiday" collection of ugly old lady rags, average looking jewelry that you see everywhere, faux leather this, faux suede this and that is out now for those of us without taste. In the comments section some of the comments for this recently written article are dated from last year, 2021. What is up with that? Can't her staff keep things straight? 

I saw that Alex posted several stories on her IG about how cool it was that people leave snacks/drinks for their delivery people, and then...VOILA...she does the same.  It wasn't an original idea by her for sure.

• Like 2
On 12/12/2022 at 1:05 PM, SoCal Mema said:

It wasn't an original idea by her for sure.

Alex may be turning into Ree ll. She may become just like her, take over the "brand"-- the cooking empire. In fairness to her, she is young (I think 25) and most young people have not fully developed their minds. Ree now has a "12 days of candy" going on at her site. A new candy recipie every day. Whoopie! No "12 days of boots" like years ago. I would think she would get more clicks from a give-away of expensive boots than candy recipies everyone has heard of. I can't help but wonder why she has gotten rid of the give-aways. They made the blog charming. Now it is just recipies, self-agrandizing and self absorbed articles about Ree for her cult followers. I haven't watched the Saturday morning show for a while. Has it improved? 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

I don’t think so. Her shows are so repetitive that I’ve stopped tuning in as much. 
All her foods are so calorie and cholesterol laden that I can’t use most of her recipes. 

I don't dislike her as much as many others, however I agree with @Mindthinkr about it being repetitive.  She uses the same ingredients that she prepares in slightly different ways.  Usually Mexican with jalapeños and pepper flakes.  It's become boring. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1
22 hours ago, cynicat said:

about it being repetitive.

The recipies are repetitive with too much canned ingredients, hot sauce (for a little heat) jalapenos, BUTTER, BACON, SUGAR. All to make you fat and sick. The website is repetitive also, with most articles written by her staff of unknown young ladies copying run of the mill well known recipies.  I know someone who is a member of her facebook fan club. Run by several Chinese girls . I looked at it once on her computer, and boy is it boring. Just reeple gushing about how much they love Ree. Her facebook is mostly just recipies you can find anywhere, with people making comments such as "yummy" "can't wait to try this tonight" etc. The show is all fake made up activities with bad acting. I don't hate her, I am just perplexed as to why this has gone on for so long and why people are so impressed by her. Other food network chefs don't do this. Giada is more straight forward. No fake snakes to pretend to scare people (I don't believe Ladd was ever scared by the gag, he was in on the  script). On the show the kids are totally perfect of course. I can see how this might make some women feel bad about their own lives if they compare their badly behaved kids to the fake behavior of the acting kids. Ina does a bit of fake parties, but it seems less phoney. Ree is now so aggressive and "in your face" about selling her stuff it just amazes me that people still like her. It will probably never end.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Dineen said:

The show is all fake made up activities with bad acting. I don't hate her, I am just perplexed as to why this has gone on for so long and why people are so impressed by her.

I've geven up trying to figure out the American public anymore.  They follow such atrocities as polygamy shows and fat shows and show where people marry strangers so why not the fake Ree with her rictus?

The level to which people will go to worship "celebrites" is truly disturbing.  How about real scientists, painters, writers?  Nope, some two bit carny is their object of worship.

• Like 2
On 12/14/2022 at 10:47 AM, Dineen said:

Alex may be turning into Ree ll. She may become just like her, take over the "brand"-- the cooking empire.

I thought from day one that family grooms kids to go into the family business...  whether it be cattle ranching or "pioneer woman"

She has her education and her husband, next logical step could be starting up a homeschool..virtually.. and feeding the younger newer ranch-handlers....

Edited by sATL
  • Like 2
2 hours ago, sATL said:

and feeding the younger newer ranch-handlers....

What do you mean by that? Not sure.  And we can't forget about Paige or the boys. It makes sense the boys will run the ranch operation. The girls will probably take over the "PW" brand and website and sell the chinese crap products. On the subject of Ree's repetitive nature, and the commoness and banality of her website, it occurs to me it is because she has no creativity. She has a good education because she went to good schools, but no creative spirit. No love of beauty or depth of the soul. Just a good head for PR, business, and getting ahead in life. Martha Stewart has creativity and a love of beauty. 

• Love 2
9 hours ago, Dineen said:

What do you mean by that? Not sure.  And we can't forget about Paige or the boys. It makes sense the boys will run the ranch operation. The girls will probably take over the "PW" brand and website and sell the chinese crap products. On the subject of Ree's repetitive nature, and the commoness and banality of her website, it occurs to me it is because she has no creativity. She has a good education because she went to good schools, but no creative spirit. No love of beauty or depth of the soul. Just a good head for PR, business, and getting ahead in life. Martha Stewart has creativity and a love of beauty. 

I really meant the adults (older than Alex and younger than Ladd/his brother) who are now working full time on the ranch, as Ladd and his brother ease  into retirement. I forgot the names of some of the cowboys who Ree used to make a point of making a dish for - she called one of them 'Cowboy _" .  When Ree used to cook an alumunmin foil pan of a dish, and took it out to where they were,  most of those men too could be moving towards an easier life than working cattle from sunup to sundown.

Edited by sATL
  • Like 2
  • Useful 1
11 minutes ago, sATL said:

'Cowboy _" . 

Cowboy Josh? I seem to remember he married and probably moved out of the bunkhouse. 

They have plenty of money and could hire hands to work the ranch. I don’t think their boys have finished their college education and therefore not available to work the ranch in lieu of Ladd. I’m sure they have a plan in place. 

I also remember Ree taking all that food to them in the aluminum pans. Now she seems to have substituted with those crap ceramic ones she shills. I’m sure she has a cleaning crew to clean up all the dishes, pots and pans she uses to cook with on her show. I don’t see her daughter’s being willing to do so unless they are getting paid big bucks to do so. 

• Like 2
22 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

I’m sure she has a cleaning crew to clean up all the dishes, pots and pans she uses to cook with on her show.

I would bet the ranch Ree has never had her hands in dishwater.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
1 hour ago, Mindthinkr said:

Cowboy Josh? I seem to remember he married and probably moved out of the bunkhouse. 

They have plenty of money and could hire hands to work the ranch. I don’t think their boys have finished their college education and therefore not available to work the ranch in lieu of Ladd. I’m sure they have a plan in place. 

I also remember Ree taking all that food to them in the aluminum pans. Now she seems to have substituted with those crap ceramic ones she shills. I’m sure she has a cleaning crew to clean up all the dishes, pots and pans she uses to cook with on her show. I don’t see her daughter’s being willing to do so unless they are getting paid big bucks to do so. 

hold up - she takes ceramic dishes out into the cattle field ??

• Applause 1
  • LOL 1
1 hour ago, sATL said:

clean up all the dishes, pots and pans she uses to cook with on her show. I don’t see her daughter’s being willing to do so unless they are getting paid big bucks to do so. 

She has a full time housekeeper for her private house, and a professional cleaning crew for the lodge. I'm sure they do all the dishes after the show. I think she probably only feeds the cowboys for the show. Most of the time they probably bring sandwiches.That is fair, as it is very time consuming to cook for a bunch of guys, plus your kids (unless the housekeeper cooks for them). I don't think Ree has ever done dishes either. She is not the type. Neither are the girls. It is probably unavoidable to be that rich and not have spoiled kids. I'm not saying they are bad kids, but you know they are spoiled.

• Like 1

Two comments from the recipie for pretzel turtles on her site:

crystalroseperkins

19 December, 2015

These looked so easy and tasty I had to try them. I am not sure what happened, but my caramel turned out as hard as a rock. I would never dare give these to anyone else as it would be a broken tooth lawsuit waiting to happen. The flavor is good, but I have to let them sort of warm up in my mouth before I can chew them. HELP!

jamiryan

16 December, 2015

These were super easy to make, look absolutely adorable, but nearly broke a tooth from the caramel when I tried to eat one (after being at room temperature for a couple of hours), what went wrong? I still put them in my tins for people though because they're just too cute not to!

Yikes! putting that in the gift tin even though you know someone may break a tooth? That is stupid and not very nice. I wonder about the IQ level of her fans.

• Mind Blown 1
2 minutes ago, Dineen said:

I wonder about the IQ level of her fans.

Well, if they are making her crappy recipes I imagine it's not too high. These are the people that live on fat and sugar so they probably adore her.

• Like 2

I did google search on her and came up with gold. There is a reddit thread about Ree's crochet and yarn line. While there is some talk about hooks etc, there was a lot of criticism towards her. 

There is even a link to a podcast about the early Drummond family involved with stealing "headrights" (land and oil and mineral rights) from the Osage Indians. 

https://www.bloomberg.com/features/2022-in-trust-podcast/

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/episode-two-the-headright/id1635407345?i=1000578487235

Also examples of the poor quality of her stuff-a rolling pin falling completely apart, a wisk breaking in half during a first washing, never been used. Her bakeware and dishes testing positive for high amounts of lead, arsenic, and cadmium. Here is the link:

https://tamararubin.com/category/pioneer-woman/

Her stuff is overpriced, low quality, ugly floral crap and just a money grab. "Generic products with fancy wrapping and a mark-up." Someone said that Ree has "dead shark eyes." A few people who live/had lived in her area say she is very very disliked in that area. She is entitled, rude, and a bully. There is an interesting story about a book signing (she threw a tantrum, and threw things) Ladd is a drunk (I don't know if that is true, maybe not). This thread is very interesting, and worth the read. One thing is I don't understand how someone as aweful as Ree is still popular, still on food network, still enabled?

• Useful 1
1 hour ago, Mindthinkr said:

have just sent her the links

Your very welcome.  Ree's dishes so full of toxic heavy metals-how can that be legal? Where is our government to stop this? Not just PW garbage but so many others. Some of her stuff has lead levels several times the safe level for kids. And to think so many young moms love her, buy her stuff, and are poisoning their kids. Ree is in Vail now with Ladd and her family, it is on her site. Enjoying luxury ski vacations at the expense of her poisoned fans. Let us know how your friend reacts to the links, especially the "lead safe mama" site. And if she ever wakes up from her slumber.

• Like 2
12 hours ago, Dineen said:

Your very welcome.  Ree's dishes so full of toxic heavy metals-how can that be legal? Where is our government to stop this? Not just PW garbage but so many others. Some of her stuff has lead levels several times the safe level for kids. And to think so many young moms love her, buy her stuff, and are poisoning their kids. Ree is in Vail now with Ladd and her family, it is on her site. Enjoying luxury ski vacations at the expense of her poisoned fans. Let us know how your friend reacts to the links, especially the "lead safe mama" site. And if she ever wakes up from her slumber.

Was grateful to hear that she’s not using them (she has very little) and it will not. She appreciated the link. Why isn’t this kind of thing on the news? Everything should be warned about the potential for lead poisoning. 

Vail huh. It must be nice, except the weather there is very bad right now. I don’t envy her. I vacation (nowhere near as high dollar) when I can, but so many celebrities take extravagant trips. Think about how those thousands of dollars could help a food bank. 

• Like 1

I appreciate postings about quality of the products, and the lead and other heavy metals in the dishes.   I only had some placemats, and I trashed them.    Since they were the same bright colors as the dishware, I wouldn't be surprised to find out they also had contaminants in them.  

Someone should send the links to Walmart HQ, and to whoever regulates dishware (FDA?  or a Consumer protection group that's also government). 

• Like 2
On 12/22/2022 at 1:57 PM, CrazyInAlabama said:

Someone should send the links to Walmart HQ, and to whoever regulates dishware (FDA?  or a Consumer protection group that's also government). 

I think the EPA would handle that. I found this online:

How can I tell if my dishes have lead in them?

The only way to determine if certain tableware has lead is to test it. Home lead test kits can tell you if the dishes have leachable lead. These tests are most useful in detecting high levels of lead.

Ree has photos of herself in Vail on her site. She said that Ladd used to go to Vail with his family as a teenager for skiing. Even back then they were not simple aw'shucks ranchers like they portray. When will the reeple notice this? I hope everyone has a nice Christmas. Stay warm and dry, and don't cook your family any glorious butter drenched, bacon infested, doused with 5 tons of sugar recipies from our favorite chef!

• Like 1
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, Dineen said:

I think the EPA would handle that. I found this online:

How can I tell if my dishes have lead in them?

The only way to determine if certain tableware has lead is to test it. Home lead test kits can tell you if the dishes have leachable lead. These tests are most useful in detecting high levels of lead.

Ree has photos of herself in Vail on her site. She said that Ladd used to go to Vail with his family as a teenager for skiing. Even back then they were not simple aw'shucks ranchers like they portray. When will the reeple notice this? I hope everyone has a nice Christmas. Stay warm and dry, and don't cook your family any glorious butter drenched, bacon infested, doused with 5 tons of sugar recipies from our favorite chef!

Actually I can see a yearly family vacation during the winter months. The summer was probably filled with alot of work to do on the ranch to take an extended trip. I can see Pa-Pa using summer/spring/fall work as leverage for a nice winter trip - "boys get up at 5 am and go cow chasing before xxx. work hard for what you want  - so we can have a nice winter vacation."  Its no telling where they stayed - ie possible off of the actual resort in reasonable accommodations. Plus whose to say Pa-Pa didn't cut a deal (which people did/do) somewhere - don't ski lodges serve nice thick steaks after a day on the slopes? Juicy beef hamburgers? And even this time of year - people at more meat back then, so the holidays could have been a prosperous time, financially. Load up a trailer load of fatties (Ladd had an education segment about weighing and loading the trailer ages ago) around Halloween and hit the slope on winter school break, as soon as the check clears.

Edited by sATL
  • Like 2
  • Useful 1

New article of Ree showing off her Vail vacation with fancy food and hotel. Pic of them including Alex wearing what looks like a full length white mink, just like all the other simple country gals.

• Mind Blown 1
55 minutes ago, chessiegal said:

white minks.

I guess! I was just surfing the net and saw the picture. I also saw that Ree has hypertrophic cardiomyopathy. She is probably on cardiac meds. She doesn't talk about this. 

• Useful 2
On 12/26/2022 at 9:24 PM, Dineen said:

New article of Ree showing off her Vail vacation with fancy food and hotel. Pic of them including Alex wearing what looks like a full length white mink, just like all the other simple country gals.

I follow Alex on IG and she is one walking designer purchaser.  Who, honestly, touts an LV bag in a pic out on the slopes?  All the Lululemon and Stanley cups.  It's not surprising...easy to see none of the kids ever hurt for anything.  Kudos to them, but it is a bit tone deaf these days.

• Like 2
4 hours ago, SoCal Mema said:

I follow Alex on IG and she is one walking designer purchaser.

Yes and now a designer dog. Alex just got a very very cute golden retriever puppy. they cost about $1000 to 3,500. Ree has a very stupid short clip on her facebook page of Ladd poking her with his finger, and her jumping. It is stupid, but the reeple just lap it up. I'll bet Alex gets a professional dog walker.

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 1
5 hours ago, debbie311 said:

pj and robe collection on Instagram today

Old lady designs yes, but the biggest problem is the low quality. Clothes and fabrics sold at walmart have less thread count, don't last long, and use cheap dye that bleeds into the wash water when you wash it the first time. Third world countries use the cheap dye. I would bet her clothes do too. I saw this article in the daily mail:  https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-11624813/Courteney-Cox-gets-busy-kitchen-whips-Ree-Drummonds-hamburger-soup.html#comments

• Like 1

I looked on her facebook page. Someone wrote in that she bought a comforter, and after the first wash, the foam batting curled up and she can't get it to uncurl. She called customer service, and after 3 weeks was told she would have to wait another 2 weeks. Firstly, using foam for the quilt batting is totally cheap. Most quilt batting is either polyester or cotton, or wool. I have never heard of foam as batting. I am into quilting, and the quilts I have made, even 25 years ago, are still in good shape and are washable.  One of Ree's quilts MELTED!! I never heard of that happening.  I looked at the comments in the walmart page. Saw these reviews:

it melted

i found this comforter beautiful and i loved it.... however, when i put it in the dryer the stuffing melted and now the whole comforter is hard as a rock. do not buy. i have never had a comforter do this.

1 out of 5 stars review

Verified Purchaser

7/20/2022

Frayed and wormy mat!!!

The day before yesterday afternoon I received my package and very excited I took it to my bedroom, undressed my bed and started to open the box to take out my new mattress... When I opened the zipper of the transparent bag in which it came, my surprise it was that I saw one of the embroidered butterflies unraveling and around it a small worm!!! He gave me a dread and disgust for not knowing if there were more worms in the quilt so I better just close the zipper and put it back in the box. (I didn't even unfold it) It has been the worst experience I've had opening a package, I really didn't expect to be sent a defective and wormy quilt

I saw it myself when I unpacked

It is written that the material is 100% cotton, but no, absolute synthetics, I am not at all satisfied with the product.

Dont waste your money!

Worst purchase I have ever made. I washed this set before using and it bunched up and now I vant even use. Dont waste your money you cant even wash it!

very unsatisfied

srings was coming out. the blanket was already coming apart.

I am sure the positive comments have to be from her PR team. I also can't understand why the reeple still buy  her stuff when there are negative reviews about her stuff being such junk, and a waste of money.  This is everything that is wrong about this country.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Dineen said:

This is everything that is wrong about this country.

Right there with you. We pick the worst possible people to worship and shape our lives.  Taking the word of some two bit carney as to what we should buy is just so stupid.  And following the advice of some movie star because they are famous is just as nuts.

Where the hell did critical thinking disappear to?

• Like 4

I called a few local quilting stores about foam batting. One said they only use foam to make purses because it provides structure to the purse. The owner had never heard of it being used in a quilt in all her 27 years of quilting! I called another store and they had never heard of using foam as batting. Said it would be "substandard." Goes to show how greedy Ree is to do this. And to basically take advantage and in a way cheat her fans with such cheap substandard products. Also walmart is crap with crap chinese junk made by slaves. Almost everything in walmart is from china, yet everyone (occasionally me, although I try not to) goes there because it is so much cheaper. I fear walmart will eventually drive all the other local stores out of business, then we will have nothing but junk to buy. And with no competition, their prices will go up, things will be overpriced, and we will be screwed, but we will have done it to ourselves.

• Like 1

I also avoid Walmart like the plague. I hate it when it’s so much cheaper to buy certain things there (kitty litter, bird seed for instance) than any of the regular stores. I try to limit it to once every 6-8 weeks. 
   I doubt I will ever buy one of Rees anything. Cheap breakable crap. You would think someone would have called her out on this before. Then again she has the purse and means to get any negativity scrubbed off any site. 

• Like 1