Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
saoirse

House Hunters International

28 minutes ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

We had a cat that took a dump in the bathtub whenever she got mad,

At least a bath tub is relatively easy to sanitize. The first time we left my otherwise sweet kitty at home while we went away (having a cat sitter come to feed her and clean her litter box twice a day), she pooped all over the carpet in our bedroom. Our bedroom door is now closed when we go away. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, LittleIggy said:

Children cause damage, too!

True!

17 hours ago, MsTree said:

Except children don't chew on furniture and molding, etc. 

Animals also have accidents...whereas a child would be wearing a diaper.

Yes, the animals would cause more damage.

8 hours ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

While I generally agree, I'm in a statistics battle elsewhere right now, so I'll point out that I would assume there are many many more motel rooms occupied by children than by animals, plus a child's mess is probably "quicker" than a dog's and therefore more likely to happen in a motel--like the kid will make a mess while eating, and a dog's damage is likely more cumulative over time, like chewing or scratching on furniture.

I do appreciate the self-cleaning nature of a dog's mess with food, but then you have dog slobber to deal with.

But what do I know?  When I'm in a motel, I neatly fold up the newspapers and set them on top of the trash can.  Anything to make the maid not go, "Oh, shit" when she walks in.  That's a bad enough job already.

Yeah, I thought getting in bathtubs with your shoes on is bad. 

Both things are bad and gross.

• Like 3

On ‎6‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 5:05 AM, alexvillage said:

I usually watched HGTV but I caught some of the episodes in this show - out of order - and  gosh, the script writers need to get their act together.

Also, some of the buyers sound as though they are reading their lines straight off of cue cards.

• Like 2

Prague: I liked the place she picked, but I also liked the Funkytown crazy paint flat. The sloping roof wall flat would drive me nuts. Plus, even with a door on that bedroom, one would have to walk through the other “bedroom” to get to it.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, LittleIggy said:

The sloping roof wall flat would drive me nuts. Plus, even with a door on that bedroom, one would have to walk through the other “bedroom” to get to it.

Plus after all of the angst over no wardrobe in the city place, were there any closets in that sloping roof place?  I didn't see any.

Ontario to  Prague- Aaaand again, Miss 'I Want to Soak up ALL THE CULTURE' ends up giggling with a bunch of 20 and 30-something white upper middle class North American women.

I still want to know how these international jobs work. Almost none of the people we've seen who have moved abroad for these positions over the years seem to speak the native language, and seem to hang out with primarily American fellow employees. Why, exactly, do they all need to be IN Prague (or wherever)?

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

Plus after all of the angst over no wardrobe in the city place, were there any closets in that sloping roof place?  I didn't see any.

I think I saw a clothes rack.

6 hours ago, LittleIggy said:

I think I saw a clothes rack.

I loved that first one...that "duh" line on the balcony, "is it busy during rush hour"  was a bit silly.  No, we only have about 10 cars go by an hour.

The 2 of them were a bit too perky and silly, I agree. She has a chaise couch and asks if it pulls out, some do but I don't think it needs too.  And she loves Europe and never saw a toilet separate from the bathroom? I find that odd.  And why did she want a large dishwasher. Such odd comments to script. I guess I've heard worse but this one seemed off because I took a break for about a month and it's more "fresh" ; )

And yes there was a clothes rack in the last one. Odd place, the third but different and artsy for the right person. I agree, re the light near the shower but I guess no one has been electrocuted. ; 0

• Like 2

Canada to Athens.  So he wants to be by the bars and restaurants because apparently he doesn't have a job so he picks a place where his working wife has a 2 hour commute.  Nice.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

Canada to Athens.  So he wants to be by the bars and restaurants because apparently he doesn't have a job so he picks a place where his working wife has a 2 hour commute.  Nice.

I got the impression he did have a job as this never came up, they only talked about her job. If he didn't have one, the show usual brings that up. Maybe he works for home or will be?

Anyhow, I liked this episode a lot more then the usual ones. I loved all the culture in it and the realistic involvement of her parents.

Athens- How the heck did these 2 ever get together? He was such a sourpuss-no sense of humor at all- and the wife spent all her energy trying to soothe his prickliness. Dude, her parents are paying for your new house, lighten up.

• Like 1

I have a slightly different take on the Athens episode. Her parents will always be too  involved in their lives, especially since they gave the couple $100,000  toward the house. She seemed so immature, always needing to check in for her parent's approval. He was  lacking in any kind of enthusiasm, but I would spend 1 hr. with her and go out of my mind!!!  The parents made it very clear they would have preferred she marry "A nice Greek boy". Wonder how long they will last?? 

• Like 6

I don't give that Greek marriage much time. Once she gets near her parents it's going to be their way or the highway. They'll insist on her popping out kids right away. He didn't seem to be all that thrilled with the idea. I wonder if they even talked about it before moving to Greece. This does not look like a marriage that will last long.

• Like 4

Re: Athens couple. The guy did say, several times, that his opinions don't seem to matter. I actually felt sorry for him as he was steamrolled by the wife and in-laws. And, with the Greek economy not doing too well, I didn't believe for one single second when the realtor said the housing market was hot. Did anyone else think this was not the case???? 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, PennyPie18 said:

I have a slightly different take on the Athens episode. Her parents will always be too  involved in their lives, especially since they gave the couple $100,000  toward the house. She seemed so immature, always needing to check in for her parent's approval. He was  lacking in any kind of enthusiasm, but I would spend 1 hr. with her and go out of my mind!!!  The parents made it very clear they would have preferred she marry "A nice Greek boy". Wonder how long they will last?? 

Yeah, once the parents gave them that big a chunk of change the parents were majorly involved in that marriage. The husband didn’t seem very happy.

London: I didn’t see the problem with the bedroom in the Camden flat. It just needed to be personalized. It looked perfectly serviceable for its purpose: sleeping!

• Like 1