Type keyword(s) to search

Salem International: Casting Notes: Arrivals & Departures

• Start Topic

Not the way it should be going down :(

I feel like she's taking one for the team here. Imagine how many times the other gals wanted to speak out but felt they couldn't.

We're sorry, Ari.

• Like 6
  • Applause 6

Hard to believe that's only 3 months away we will also see Bill Hayes final appearance before that as well. 

There's a rumor floating around that GV is gone as well not sure how true that is tbh. I could see the show writing them off together which despite not liking the pairing is the best case scenario as far as endings for the characters. 

• Like 8
(edited)

It really is.

But honestly, if Eric still hangs around for a few months after all the secrets come out and just lets Nicole leave town solo? That'll be a BAD look.

He was already the deadbeat absentee husband once. His (often questionable) appeal will only suffer more should he not stand by her again.

Here's hoping they both leave together in July.

How or why Holly sticks around will be hard to explain though.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Like 3
1 hour ago, DisneyBoy said:

I vote that she stays with Rafe. I've always liked him the most when he's being a surrogate dad.

• Like 6
4 hours ago, methodwriter85 said:

I vote that she stays with Rafe. I've always liked him the most when he's being a surrogate dad.

She will stay with Maggie. 

• Like 8
  • Useful 1
10 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

It really is.

But honestly, if Eric still hangs around for a few months after all the secrets come out and just lets Nicole leave town solo? That'll be a BAD look.

He was already the deadbeat absentee husband once. His (often questionable) appeal will only suffer more should he not stand by her again.

Here's hoping they both leave together in July.

Wouldn't she be 18 at that point? She could stay with Grandma Maggie. I mean when Jack/Jennifer/JJ left in 2006 they had Abby stay behind to go to college(although eventually Ashley Benson's Abby was written off the show a few months later). They could do the same if they want Holly to stay that is.

• Like 4

I mean Holly should be going into her senior year of high school. It's not unheard of for parents to let their kid finish up high school and stay with family or friends instead of forcing them to transfer.

• Like 8

I mean...I'm not surprised, exactly. He's barely been on the show the last few years.

I was surprised to see him pop up at all after Tony was brought back to life and reunited with Anna. They tend to do nothing with characters as soon as they get their reunion or their dream baby.

It is sad that he seems to be leaving more because of the backstage stuff than because the story is wrapped up. Given his decades with the show, a final bow/exit storyline would have been nice.

Tony/Andre have never been favorites of mine, so maybe this doesn't bother me as it will others, but I do wish that veterans of the series would get a good exit from DAYS and they so rarely do.

...does this mean Anna will also cease to appear? I hope not. She's pretty great, in her own weird way, LOL.

• Like 3
  • Love 2

I love Thaao, more for the actor himself than his characters, though I pretty much love Tony and Anna any time, all the time.

I'm really, really, REALLY going to miss him, and by extension, Anna, portrayed by Leann Hunley.  Their presence was erratic, rarely anymore truly important to the storyline, but such a delight and such a relief from all the sturm und drang of whatever storyline they were dropped into.

Without them, who's going to visit the Dimera wine cellar to actually get a bottle of wine??

Not happy here.

• Like 6
  • Love 4
16 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

I mean...I'm not surprised, exactly. He's barely been on the show the last few years.

I was surprised to see him pop up at all after Tony was brought back to life and reunited with Anna. They tend to do nothing with characters as soon as they get their reunion or their dream baby.

It is sad that he seems to be leaving more because of the backstage stuff than because the story is wrapped up. Given his decades with the show, a final bow/exit storyline would have been nice.

Tony/Andre have never been favorites of mine, so maybe this doesn't bother me as it will others, but I do wish that veterans of the series would get a good exit from DAYS and they so rarely do.

...does this mean Anna will also cease to appear? I hope not. She's pretty great, in her own weird way, LOL.

I could see them having Anna pop up with Tony living off screen(best case scenario).

• Like 3
  • Useful 1

I wonder if Philip will return for the Xander takes Titan stuff. Would be fitting.

Would also be nice to see Chloe give Sarah her blessing and say she's over Xander before they get hitched.

I'm not a huge Phloe fan but their hasty reunion and exit months ago demanded some follow-up.

• Love 3

With Victor's death they should've had Tyler return. Give Philip an epiphany to seek out his son. And he'd have been a good complement to the teen set since he can date Holly. (I know he should be a lot older than her but this show has never been known for sequential ageing anyway, so what's one more?)

• Like 1
  • Love 3

No way....!

I really figured this would be another reference to something/someone we never see. 

So...are they going to make this child have DS?

And does it even make sense to say that DS is caused by exposure to radiation?

• Like 3
  • Mind Blown 1
23 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

No way....!

I really figured this would be another reference to something/someone we never see. 

So...are they going to make this child have DS?

And does it even make sense to say that DS is caused by exposure to radiation?

No, their child won't have DS. Chanel was just citing her as a special needs teen she knew and that it was possible for them to have good lives

But I doubt this baby is going to be born

• Like 1
(edited)

A bit more on Kennedy Garcia

This doesn't seem like it's a one-off cameo because she says she's been filming for 6 months. Maybe she becomes a store worker at Sweet Bits? If she does, does that mean this show will finally do an actual Sweet Bits set?

I mean, I legitimately didn't think we'd ever see Salem High again and it happened, so anything's possible.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Like 3
  • Useful 1

There should have been a Sweet Bits set years ago, when Allie and Chanel were flirting over pasteries. At this point its almost too late.

15 hours ago, brisbydog said:

But I doubt this baby is going to be born

I'd be relieved but I can already hear Paulina's dry-eyed caterwauling.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
(edited)

A little bit more on "Marin"...I wasn't sure if this should go in "behind the scenes" or not, but I did learn that Annalyne McCord is actually an outspoken advocate for people learning to cope with DID. I wonder if Marin may also have DID. That seems like something Ronnie Boy couldn't resist.

Trigger warning: This does mention sexual abuse and trauma, so please avoid if such topics trigger you.

Spoiler

So if she's actually Abigail, as a lot of people seem to think she is, that means we'll actually see some real DID representation here. That could be interesting.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Thanks 1
15 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

I hated the Abigail DID stuff, so all this is a bummer to me. Chad spent enough years torn up about his headcase wife.

Yeah, I haven't really followed Annalyne McCord since I stopped watching her version of 90210 around season 4 so I didn't know about her DID advocacy. As soon as I realized that, I was like, "Oh yeah, Ron's writing that in."

• LOL 1

Maybe instead of her being with DID, she can be somebody else  and “Abby” is one of her other personalities. Anything to keep Abby dead.

• Like 1
  • LOL 4
19 hours ago, nilyank said:

Maybe instead of her being with DID, she can be somebody else  and “Abby” is one of her other personalities. Anything to keep Abby dead.

I could see the show doing that tbh. I would be real surprised if Ron actually wanted her alive.

• Like 2

Apparently Nancy is returning to Salem for a few episodes in October.

And it's been ten years of RSW on DOOL.

It feels like 20.

• Mind Blown 2
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 7
15 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Apparently Nancy is returning to Salem for a few episodes in October.

And it's been ten years of RSW on DOOL.

It feels like 20.

So does that mean Chloe is showing up around that time also. I can't think of a reason for Nancy to return to Salem unless Chloe is involved.

• Like 2
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, CanaryFan98 said:

So does that mean Chloe is showing up around that time also. I can't think of a reason for Nancy to return to Salem unless Chloe is involved.

Maybe she brings Parker, Holly’s brother, with her.

• Like 3
  • Useful 4
9 minutes ago, SouthernChick said:

Maybe she brings Parker, Holly’s brother, with her.

PLEASE let Parker be a hot bad boy. We need that badly. He could circle around Sofia.

• Like 7
1 minute ago, methodwriter85 said:

PLEASE let Parker be a hot bad boy. We need that badly. He could circle around Sofia.

Of all the characters that were born the last decade Parker has the most potential.

His father was killed by a drunk driver. His mother barely spends time with him. The only stable parental units are gone because his grandfather came out of the closet.

There's a lot to work with here but Ron is writing it so..

• Like 8
5 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Of all the characters that were born the last decade Parker has the most potential.

His father was killed by a drunk driver. His mother barely spends time with him. The only stable parental units are gone because his grandfather came out of the closet.

There's a lot to work with here but Ron is writing it so..

He's also a legacy kid who isn't biologically related to any of the legacy families in Salem. The writers could model Parker more after the original Nancy and Craig characterization and make him an antagonist to Tate and a SORASED Rachel.

In my dream world, I see Parker and Sydney being hellraisers together. Think of EJ and Sami without the sexual assaults and murder attempts.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, methodwriter85 said:

I read there's a casting call for a 20-year old character named Trina, who comes from a conservative Korean American family.

I'm thinking a Wendy recast, honestly.

Could be an older sibling for Sophia, if they're trying to finally establish an Asian family in Salem.

On 5/22/2024 at 6:25 PM, methodwriter85 said:

While it would be exciting to finally see Parker aged up, I'm frustrated that there's still no sign of Joy.

• Like 3

Not sure how accurate this is but it makes sense if Abby is alive. One of the commenters heard Eve is returning (Charlotte Ross) version. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 1

I was thinking JJ would be back for Abifail's return.

This checks out.

But OG Eve? Unexpected. Hope she doesn't have to do anything with Emily/FakeTheresa.

• Like 2
12 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

This checks out.

But OG Eve? Unexpected. Hope she doesn't have to do anything with Emily/FakeTheresa.

She probably will but I rather see her with Andrew

• Like 2
17 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

This checks out.

Yeah me too; I hope that by the time Eve shows up, Theresa is long gone from the canvas. 

Also, what exactly would bring Eve to Salem anyway? Her only child is dead and she doesn't appear to have any other relatives in town. Is this even a brief stint consisting of only a few episodes? I hope so anyway. 

1 hour ago, MissPhoenixGirl said:

Yeah me too; I hope that by the time Eve shows up, Theresa is long gone from the canvas. 

Also, what exactly would bring Eve to Salem anyway? Her only child is dead and she doesn't appear to have any other relatives in town. Is this even a brief stint consisting of only a few episodes? I hope so anyway. 

Theresa/Tate but I guess it's possible Andrew could return at some point. Maybe she's involved with Abby's disappearance although I don't know how since she's been in jail.

50 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

If JJ is back and Eve is back I say let's revisit that. Not sure if it'd work for me with this other Eve but I'm willing to try it out lol.

I actually think it would be better with CR's Eve than KDP's but yes I rather see a JJ/Eve revisit because that was one of the better stories for both characters. Neither were the same afterwards. 

Plus I wouldn't mind seeing Jennifer smother OG Eve with the pillow either.

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

I looked for the info but couldn’t see anything confirmed, are Carson and Raven really leaving or is this just another fake out? With the filming delay and the revolving DOOL Door, I can’t keep up.

• Like 2
Just now, Desperado said:

I looked for the info but couldn’t see anything confirmed, are Carson and Raven really leaving or is this just another fake out? With the filming delay and the revolving DOOL Door, I can’t keep up.

Carson is leaving on paternity leave.  Around this time, he and his wife were expecting their first child.  Raven might leave, but I don't know.  I think that she'll be staying while Carson goes for a while.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Useful 3

Yeah I get the feeling they'll have some plot point to keep Chanel in Salem, but still have Johnny go and do the movie to account for Carson's paternity leave. 

• Like 4
  • Useful 2
1 hour ago, DisneyBoy said:

Her pregnancy becomes delicate so she stays, I guess...

I don't get the point of this story line.  Those two are barely old enough to be married - why are they saddling them with a kid already.  Show inevitably does this, have two people get married younger than they should and IMMEDIATELY give them a kid.  They then have absolutely no idea what to do with them after that and they then fizzle out.

• Like 4
  • Applause 2
(edited)

Yup.

*waves at Allie, Ciara, Ben*

It's paint by number at this point. Maybe they assume we all just nap through the show.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • LOL 4
On 6/21/2024 at 12:10 AM, DaphneCat said:

I don't get the point of this story line.  Those two are barely old enough to be married - why are they saddling them with a kid already.  Show inevitably does this, have two people get married younger than they should and IMMEDIATELY give them a kid.  They then have absolutely no idea what to do with them after that and they then fizzle out.

Aren't they in their 20s? I think they're old enough to be married and have kids but I think it's too soon because outside of Allie their drama has been rather nonexistent. This is why I think Ray should've been Chanel's father instead of Lani's. He could've been a long-term villain where he only was interested in Johnny's film to get to Chanel. Or have one of Johnny or Chanel's past lovers come back to haunt them. There are a lot of ways they could've gone with these two yet the show seems to have no interest in writing it. 

If you watch clips of soaps back in the day the twenty somethings were actually messy and were developed to the point in carrying the show. While the older characters became more established as the parents/stable units of the show. The problem is these soaps didn't pass that torch like they used to and we're seeing it onscreen. I mean a lot of the Days cast is rather geriatric as is at some point if Days wants a real future, they need to actually build it with the younger cast. 

• Like 7
  • Applause 3
  • Love 2