Type keyword(s) to search

GH In The News: The PC Press Club

• Start Topic

I actually pointed that out in the main thread - it's weird how Frank or someone didn't try to give them a heads-up. FV has to know by now how ABC 7 interrupts a lot more than other affiliates tend to.

wouldn't have mattered. The news division couldn't care less about the entertainment  division.

• Love 1

While that's weird, and I get why peeps are irritated, the overreaction has reached epic levels. To say someone needs to lose their job over this? To act like this was an intentional sign of disrespect and HOW DARE THEY!!!!??

ABC NY should have blocked Ron's and SID's Twitter accounts bc that's exactly what they would do if fans sent them messages like that.

Yes, that was actually hilarious "Heads should roll!!" Come on, guys. Calm down. 

I was just annoyed I sat through it and then missed the end for an interruption that didn't really need to happen. 

I bet Ron is pissssssssed Geary copped to the fact that the Fluke story changed course.  Actually, there were several knocks about the writing in his responses.

Yup, Geary kinda gave it away that he and Logan have shit on the masks in conversations between them

Did Ron try to deny it was supposed to be Bill?

The best part of Geary admitting that though? He also said it was because too many people guessed. Ahahaha Geary I take it back. I love you just for today.

• Love 6

He certainly did a lot of crowing on his Twitter the day of the not-Bill reveal.  "You were WRONG, audience, it wasn't Bill!".

I'm also pretty sure he said in some interview that they locked in who Fluke was from day one and that Geary's leave didn't change the story.

• Love 3

I firmly believe he would have in some interview if Tony had not busted him. He's done it before and he has an ego about outwitting the audience. Not even for fun purposes, just because he seems to regard a lot of the modern plugged-in audience as an actual antagonist.

• Love 4

Yeah, I vaguely remember Ron gloating about how it's not Bill on his Twitter.

And about how Tracy wasn't dumb after all for not realizing she wasn't sleeping with Luke.  Meanwhile,  Jane Elliott apparently spent most of last year very worried about that lol.

• Love 2
(edited)

He certainly did a lot of crowing on his Twitter the day of the not-Bill reveal.  "You were WRONG, audience, it wasn't Bill!".

I'm also pretty sure he said in some interview that they locked in who Fluke was from day one and that Geary's leave didn't change the story.

I think you're right.

That's kinda pathetic, to not be able to admit you changed gears.

And about how Tracy wasn't dumb after all for not realizing she wasn't sleeping with Luke.  Meanwhile,  Jane Elliott apparently spent most of last year very worried about that lol.

I love how she just said outright they were on the Titanic, what the fuck ever.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 5

I get changing gears. But changing gears bc the audience figured it out? Really? So should I expect Hayden to be Robin in a mask? Is Jake really Lucky? Is Patrick really Jerry? Where does it end? At some point the story has to be consistent. And not change bc the audience is smarter than you.

• Love 11

Yup, Geary kinda gave it away that he and Logan have shit on the masks in conversations between them

The best part of Geary admitting that though? He also said it was because too many people guessed. Ahahaha Geary I take it back. I love you just for today.

And the reason is exactly what we've talked about here, too. For fuck's sake... stop worrying about out-witting the audience!! Just write the god damn story!!

This shit chaps my ass.

• Love 11

The thing is, there's still shit Luke did that doesn't make sense now because he had to tell us to fuck off.

I expect Ron to drop something in to cover for it soon enough - he does that more and more now, like the time he pointedly dropped a very clunky scene on the audience where Robin went on and on about not having PTSD.

• Love 5
(edited)

Here's the most ridiculous part...

We guessed it was Bill: it was.

We guessed they'd change that it was Bill: they did.

We guessed that Ron would insist that this was what he had written all along: he did.

We guessed they'd change it being Bill because we guessed it was Bill: that was why.

Clue in, Ron. You won't out-wit the audience. They know the direction of the story, they know you're going to change it and they know why. The audience has trumped you. Stop fucking around trying to be clever because it results in absolute bullshit like this and you succeeded in fooling no one!

Edited by Dandesun
  • Love 19

I actually pointed that out in the main thread - it's weird how Frank or someone didn't try to give them a heads-up. FV has to know by now how ABC 7 interrupts a lot more than other affiliates tend to.

Yeah, I watch the Boston feed for ABC and, if I hear about a snowflake, I say "uh oh - news bulletins."

Love him or hate him  - or somewhere in between, I do enjoy this quote from Tony:

""Okay, right now we're in comic book world and there's no point in trying to justify it. Let's just get through this f--king day and hope for something better tomorrow."

• Love 6

If we're in comic book world, can I suggest that Wilson Fisk come into Port Charles and destroy Sonny? That Matt Murdock show up and annihilate Franco and ship Nina off to parts unknown? Can Peggy Carter jump through a time warp and kick the living shit out of everyone? Can an Asgardian artifact wake up and flatten the whole city?

• Love 6

Tony goes on to say in the article that they will deal with why he went after Sonny's business and other matters when he gets back from his vacation.

Ron's hoping that we'll forget about all those pesky details in that six-month time span, no doubt.

• Love 6

Tony goes on to say in the article that they will deal with why he went after Sonny's business and other matters when he gets back from his vacation.

So Halloween, then.

• Love 6
(edited)

That's being awfully generous.

So can we assume that Ron is going to watch this, and decide to do a storyline where Emma considers getting breast implants to make poor burned Spencer happier?

Edited by methodwriter85

This interview is so quip worthy:

I didn't have time to research any of it. By the time I knew where the writers were headed, I was already in the deep end of the pool. I was just enjoying it too much to be worried about whether Luke was technically psychotic or schizophrenic, or whether he was having an identity crisis or just plain insane. I just went with my gut.

You went with your gut and a thousand billion weird accents, including those of a Brit and a Tennesee Williams heroine.

• Love 10

Where have you been?  This is RON we're talking about!

First, he chastised viewers by saying how. dare. they. think he was making this up as he went along.  He flat out said that the story never changed. And then he crowed that we were all stupid to say it was Bill.

It's like he's surprised we actually watch the show.

If he was, that'd be the sanest thing about him!

""Okay, right now we're in comic book world and there's no point in trying to justify it. Let's just get through this f--king day and hope for something better tomorrow."

That, and Jane's 'we're on the Titanic' quote were my two favorite parts of the article.  Except I think Jane means that they are on the Titanic just like one would expect her to mean it.  Just like we've been saying it for awhile now.

• Love 3

To be fair, it says in the article it's only a five-week break.

But ugh, at this point, I don't even care why he went after Sonny's business, especially because now we know it's just Ron spackling over the changes he made to the story.  Can't we just move on?

I hope Pat sticks around in the interim, bonds with Bobbie maybe.

• Love 1
I firmly believe he would have in some interview if Tony had not busted him. He's done it before and he has an ego about outwitting the audience. Not even for fun purposes, just because he seems to regard a lot of the modern plugged-in audience as an actual antagonist.

It comes from insecurity.  Trust me, I went to law school with a bunch of overachievers who freak out at getting an A-.  He can't ever admit that he's wrong or someone is smarter than he is.  His world would crumble. He's lose his identity as the smartest, wittiest guy in the room.  He'll put himself in a room full of children -- like half the cast seems to be now -- before he lets that happen.

• Love 2
I don't even care why he went after Sonny's business, especially because now we know it's just Ron spackling over the changes he made to the story.

Helena probably slipped Luke a mickey or something. It makes as much sense as anything else Ron will come up with.

Oh, wow.  This makes me angry.   Someone is teaching this kid to act like some pompous little shit who thinks it's a-ok to comment on women's bodies and the "work" they've had done.   I don't care if it was just a nose job -- that is a rude, not ok thing to do under any circumstances.

Possibly, if she had agreed to give an in-depth, personal interview to an adult - but on the red carpet, and by some little kid who's obviously being egged on by some very irresponsible adults?  Nope, nope, nope.  Yuck. 

• Love 12
(edited)

It comes from insecurity.  Trust me, I went to law school with a bunch of overachievers who freak out at getting an A-.  He can't ever admit that he's wrong or someone is smarter than he is.  His world would crumble. He's lose his identity as the smartest, wittiest guy in the room.  He'll put himself in a room full of children -- like half the cast seems to be now -- before he lets that happen.

I refuse to believe this man was getting all As. I said so Francie, okay? I said it! ;)

Where have you been?  This is RON we're talking about!

First, he chastised viewers by saying how. dare. they. think he was making this up as he went along.  He flat out said that the story never changed. And then he crowed that we were all stupid to say it was Bill.

This really puts Luke's jailhouse "haha these fools thought it was Bill Eckert!" ranting in a different light, doesn't? So basically Ron is calling the audience fools because they were right? HUH?

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 4

This really puts Luke's jailhouse "haha these fools thought it was Bill Eckert!" ranting in a different light, doesn't? So basically Ron is calling the audience fools because they were right? HUH?

He's such a snot. 

• Love 1
(edited)

I had a suspicion it was Eckert from the start, but I knew it had to be him when they introduced the Barrett angle and when he mentioned the Outback. This is something Ron wouldn't forget or pass up. They had a fair bit of good setup, it seems a shame to have wasted so much of it.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 8

I truly don't know what is more disturbing: Tony being delighted that Luke is a seriel killer, or Nicolas Bechtel asking that woman about her breast implants.

I'm gonna go with the 10-year old asking a grown woman about her breasts. Seriously, some producer and/or his parent(s) thought this was okay? I would find the question inappropriate if asked by an adult; it's just creepy when asked by a child.

The only good thing that may come out of this is that someone either at ABC or with the State of California will start asking questions.

• Love 4

I mocked it, but I think Tony Geary may be joking a little. I think he meant like "now the shit he's done makes sense!" (sorry Geary it doesn't), but I don't think he's delighted just for the serial killer-ness in and of itself

• Love 3

I think he's joking, but I also think it's typical Geary "edginess". He's tried so hard in the last decade-plus to try and make Luke into every other character he never got to play.

• Love 8