Type keyword(s) to search

GH In The News: The PC Press Club

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, ulkis said:

I agree. I mean, I was never interested in Dillon and Kiki, but they were gaining some traction and could have gained more if they had kept writing for them; instead they completely dropped them not long after Morgan left. And I think they should have recast, but there have been actors just as bad as RPW around. I don't think CD is much better than he is.

As for the Quartermaines on contract, if you're not counting Jason or Michael, then yes I think so, since Tracy was on contract since she returned in the 00s.

Does anyone remember when they took LC off-contract?

I doubt it. They had the perfect set up for Ava to leave but they re-signed MW. As for Kiki, they want a woman in that age range on the show and she's more popular than Nelle (low bar I know). As much as Frank may or may not like her, I don't think he would get rid of Kiki before Nelle.

Jason and Micheal are no longer counted.  At least imo.  Nelle is Frank's pet discovery though.  Kiki is a bit dispensible unless they recast Dillion or put Kiki/Griffin together.

• Love 2

I admire her honesty, which she often is however subtly when she's not thrilled with something (AMC with the Ryan pairing, etc.). I do think she could've worked on the show with the right character or even a more fleshed-out Hayden and better writing.

THIS. I like that she admitted the character was poorly drawn, however in spite of that I still enjoyed watching her. Never watched AMC, so Rebecca Budig was new to me, and I kind of thought she was refreshing. It certainly wasn't the acting that was the problem. This was all on the writing.

I know everyone thinks RPW is bland as dry toast, but he is a really nice, super sweet guy so I feel bad for him. I liked Killon a lot in the beginning, then they kind of flamed out for me, but they were still a decent couple and nice to look at. The fact that he's a Q and they're kicking him out for people like Franco, Nina, Finn and Nelle is just all kinds of wrong.

• Love 12
3 hours ago, Cupcake04 said:

Bummed about Dillon....I was enjoying him and Kiki.. I didn't read the link....does it say Dillon is leaving too?  Are they recasting?

The Daytime Confidential article doesn't make it sound like they're gonna recast.  I'm sure Frank will say that Dillon's story came to a natural end. #eyeroll

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Bwill3133 said:

Besides Michael if Dillon goes there are zero guys in that age range. Which doesn't make a lot of sense. I guess Griffin is next in line for Kiki? Or circle her back around to Michael? 

I really want to see 3 blonde boring white people in a love triangle. Not. LOL!!! I agree with only Michael left there isn't the young male stud in his age group on canvas. I'm still kind of suprised that they're letting Dillion go. It seems like that Dillion and Kiki were just starting. I guess they are going to move Kiki into Griffin's orbit.

• Love 3
14 hours ago, Chairperson Meow said:

a tiresome Sonny/Carly/Ava torture triangle

Sonny needs someone to kick around, and it'll be either Ava or Julian. Equally tiresome, IMO.

14 hours ago, ulkis said:

I was never interested in Dillon and Kiki, but they were gaining some traction

They got sort of interesting once Lauren was studying for her nurse's aid certificate. I don't quite understand how that happened, LOL.

2 hours ago, Bwill3133 said:

I guess Griffin is next in line for Kiki?

A triangle with her mother? No, thanks. We've already had that (sort of).

• Love 5

The whole twenty-something canvas - which Dillon actually shouldn't be in, but he kinda got drafted into because of his relationship with Kiki and because all the other characters actually in his age group are married (Lulu/Dante, Maxie/Nathan, Lucas/Brad (who?)) - is a mess.  That's the group that should be having steamy affairs, worrying about pregnancy scares, you know, stuff that happens on soap operas!  But more important that the likes of Maurice Bernard and Michelle Stafford still get to be sexy on-screen, bleh.

• Love 5

Michael Logan interview with Maura West:

https://www.tvinsider.com/343360/general-hospital-maura-west-ava-jerome-priest-fantasies/

And now, besides Griffin, she has no one else in her life—no real friends to speak of.

Well, there’s Kiki.

That’s her daughter. Plus, Ava stole Kiki’s husband!

Ava didn't steal shit!  Why does everyone keep forgetting that, before Morgan and Ava hit the sheets, Kiki had dumped Morgan's ass in front of all their family and friends and declared her love for his brother.

But she did switch his bipolar meds for placebos, which is pretty damn low. You at least gotta admit that…right?

Ava does take a lot of blame for that around town. But think about all the other people who have switched pills on GH. Remember when Sabrina switched pills in order to kill Ava’s unborn baby? And Sabrina was considered the show’s good girl! Angelic! [Laughs] Gimme a break!

Great point about St. Sabrina's pill shenanigans, Maura West!

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Ava didn't steal shit!  Why does everyone keep forgetting that, before Morgan and Ava hit the sheets, Kiki had dumped Morgan's ass in front of all their family and friends and declared her love for his brother.

Yeah, it's really annoying how people say that. Even if Kiki hadn't dumped him, she was still lusting after Michael. And the second time when she was Denise, even then Morgan and Kiki basically were together because they were all, "shrug, might as well be."

• Love 4

I worried that [Ava being burned and wearing the mask] was soapy.

LOL. 

Besides, this is General Hospital. It’s not like when I was on As the World Turns where, if you killed somebody, it mattered.

Man, does she nail the show's attitude with this. 

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 13

And Ava did not kill Morgan. Everyone says she did but look at the facts. She. Did. Not. Do. It.

Louder for the folks in the back!

I always love her interviews. I like hearing her thoughts on Ava. And apparently Ava went to seek out the Jeromes at 18, which validates a timeline I had argued about on another board. I wish she would shut up about putting Sonny and Ava together though. On paper, yeah they probably should be together. But haven't we suffered enough already?

I wish we hadn’t lost Rebecca Budig. She’s so fantastic, so prepared and ready to work, so present. And Jane Elliot, of course.

This plus her wanting more with Finola only makes me love her more.

• Love 8

I do think she's not entirely off base about wanting Ava and Sonny married when Ava moved in while pregnant. That could have been linked to the AJ investigation and Sonny had to marry her to keep her from testifying against him, or some other threat. Jasus knows Sonny can always come up with a threat toward a pregnant woman.

But as it stands now? Nope. Those two have no reason to be paired, unless it's somehow connected to Avery, and probably not even because of her.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, tvgoddess said:

I always love her interviews. I like hearing her thoughts on Ava. And apparently Ava went to seek out the Jeromes at 18, which validates a timeline I had argued about on another board. 

It's what I always thought as well. I do wish we knew more about her past.

I am glad she, like me, sees no need to soften Ava up. The show differs, clearly. Ava is a vicious killer.

• Love 2

Yeah, except I would say she's kinda wrong about that. Before, it only didn't matter if Sonny and Jason did it. It sucked, but at least it was only them. Once Ava and Julian and Obrecht and Franco 2.0 came along, then it really didn't matter.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Before, it only didn't matter if Sonny and Jason didn't do it.

Weren't Sonny and Jason the only ones doing the killing, though? I can't remember who the last non–Sonny/Jason killing was that wasn't mob-connected or -adjacent. 

Just now, dubbel zout said:

Weren't Sonny and Jason the only ones doing the killing, though? I can't remember who the last non–Sonny/Jason killing was that wasn't mob-connected or -adjacent. 

Oops, that's what I meant, I meant it only didn't matter when Sonny and Jason were the ones who were doing it.

I know what you meant. It got me thinking, though. What was the last death that wasn't because of Sonny/Jason/the mob? And was it treated like a big deal? I honestly can't remember.

Of course, the deaths only matter if they're connected to Sonny regardless. He can kill AJ with no trouble, but Morgan dies because he's a dumbass and suddenly the world spins off its axis.

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I know what you meant. It got me thinking, though. What was the last death that wasn't because of Sonny/Jason/the mob? And was it treated like a big deal? I honestly can't remember.

Of course, the deaths only matter if they're connected to Sonny regardless. He can kill AJ with no trouble, but Morgan dies because he's a dumbass and suddenly the world spins off its axis.

Well, there was Silas, maybe.

19 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Pre-Frank? Jake? And that was definitely a big deal. but maybe that's different because he was a kid.

Edited by ulkis
Just now, ulkis said:

Pre-Frank? Jake? And that was definitely a big deal. but maybe that's different because he was a kid.

Luke was able to shrug it off pretty easily. Ugh. I think you're right that Jake being a kid made the difference, and there was also the Jason connection. (Of course AJ also had a Jason connection, but: fat.)

• Love 2

It happened off-screen but Michael was, I think, on the phone with her when it happened. He was allowed to react and to grieve it. It didn't "change everything" but it mattered to the person who was most affected. 

I actually think he was permitted more genuine grief for Abby than he was for AJ. 

• Love 2

So SBu recorded a video saying that he's thrilled to be back and the story is going to kick ass. Yeah okay. 

In other news, KSt talks to SOD about her battle with depression and how happy she is to be back at work and proud that she sought the help she needed. 

Edited by Sake614
  • Love 2
12 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

They got sort of interesting once Lauren was studying for her nurse's aid certificate. I don't quite understand how that happened, LOL.

Probably because Kiki developed a life that was more than just her boyfriend or taking care of her mother. She was making real movement to having a career. 

I wouldn't be surprised if Kiki and Griffin get together while Ava lusts after him in the background with them none the wiser.

2 hours ago, Neptune said:

I'm going to put aside any snark I may have about this and just say that this is absolutely lovely. 

Just in case none of this got posted here before. 

• Love 5
18 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I freaking love Maura West.  All of her answers were on point.  

Also, Connie and  (I can't believe no one said this)Duke's murders mattered.  We went through a million years of Justice for Connie and Justice for Duke.   AJ was murdered as a result of dumb Connie 's death, and the audience sanity was killed for Duke's death.   

• Love 2

Connie and Duke's deaths were mob-related, though. I was wondering what the last "civilian" death was treated with some respect on the show. I guess Silas and Sabrina, as people noted.

It irritates me that the official GH Twitter account acknowledges actors' anniversaries, but the show itself couldn't care less, unless it's MB. We can't get even a throwaway line that Monica has been at the hospital for 40 years or Scott has been practicing law (badly; heh) for 40 years? This fakakta show.

• Love 6
20 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

The new Ciara Brady on Days has leaked...and it is NOT Haley Pullos. The girl in the video kinda looked like her, but nope!

The girl in the video did not look like her  so I was surprised people were even thinking it was her

• Love 1

Maurice Benard and Kelly Monaco have a centerfold in SID and these are their quotes about each other:

Maurice on Kelly: "It's been exciting for me and so great working with Kelly in this storyline. I think our scenes have been powerful and it has felt like I was living it, not acting it. Kelly is amazing and talented, and I love getting to work with her."

Kelly on Maurice: "I feel so blessed to have the opportunity to work alongside Maurice - one of the greats of my generation. I'm humbled and grateful everytime I get to be in the presence of a champ. Maurice: the man, the myth, the legend, indeed."

I would like to know, do they give these soundbites together, in person? Or over the phone? A text? What?? 

• Love 5
42 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Maurice Benard and Kelly Monaco have a centerfold in SID and these are their quotes about each other:

Maurice on Kelly: "It's been exciting for me and so great working with Kelly in this storyline. I think our scenes have been powerful and it has felt like I was living it, not acting it. Kelly is amazing and talented, and I love getting to work with her."

Kelly on Maurice: "I feel so blessed to have the opportunity to work alongside Maurice - one of the greats of my generation. I'm humbled and grateful everytime I get to be in the presence of a champ. Maurice: the man, the myth, the legend, indeed."

I would like to know, do they give these soundbites together, in person? Or over the phone? A text? What?? 

Either way, I would bet real money that Kelly was drunk when she said hers.  I don't blame her.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Chairperson Meow said:

Either way, I would bet real money that Kelly was drunk when she said hers.  I don't blame her.

Her quote has to be a joke. And LOL that she and MB are the same generation. Though that's some prime shade if she meant it as such.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, ulkis said:

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOO. 

Girl.

• Love 5