Type keyword(s) to search

GH In The News: The PC Press Club

• Start Topic

I still find it hard to be that the stupid writers couldn't be bothered to write a decent story for her Eve. And she had chemistry with plenty of men on Days. Loved her at the end of her last stint. Thought she was smoking with A Martinez.

More On Topic? Poor Emme. Hoping that they just write it in. A quick mention of a game gone awry with Rocco. Or even better, with Cameron, Jake, Aiden and Rocco. 

• Love 4

BTDT not fun. Especially the first two weeks when you're not allowed to blow your nose! Imagine the worst cold you've ever had and multiply it by about 1000. That's how bad it is. And you can't see straight either because everything is swollen. 

I wish her luck, and hope she has an easier recovery than I did...

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Sake614 said:

What the everloving fuck?????

image.jpeg

Barbra Streisand has been sending fundraising emails for Hillary Clinton's campaign (I got one recently). I'll bet you that's all that is; it's not directed at anyone personally. 

• Love 1

I'm not sure which mag this is from or how recent, but Lynn Herring's remarks on Kevin being the love of Lucy's life got me right in the feels:

Cq5pPkSUMAEJZV5.jpg:large

And, the acknowledgment of a "college-aged daughter", a.k.a. Christina, made me very happy.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 9

Interview with Paul Burgi. To steal a line from Heatlifer, I'm crying.

Spoilers for those who haven't seen yesterday's GH episode yet

http://www.soapoperadigest.com/content/exclusive-details-gh-killer-speaks/

“I just found out kind of recently, myself,” says Burgi, who was pulled aside on-set by Executive Producer Frank Valentini a few weeks back and informed of what Paul has been up to off-camera.

I love that one! The old "we just decided you have a drug problem" on-set pull-aside!

• Love 13

Poor Richard Burgi.  Shelly and Jean should send him a muffin basket for the way he addressed the inconsistent way the character is written with class and tact in that interview.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 10

“I’ve always considered the character very multifaceted and complex, tortured by his choices, the difficulties of his past, and also sanguine and optimistic about life in general,” he notes. “I think I have always attempted to make Paul somewhat schizophrenic, different with different people.” 

It's pathetic that he's spent more time thinking about Paul's background and motivations than the people who get paid to do so. And he's one of the lucky ones. I can't imagine what the actors who have been here years or decades have to tell themselves when they;re trying to act this stuff out.

Edited by LeftPhalange
  • Love 11
9 minutes ago, LeftPhalange said:

I can't imagine what the actors who have been here years or decades have to tell themselves when they;re trying to act this stuff out.

I think a lot of them just go through the motions now because they're just so jaded by what's happened. And I mean I guess I can't really blame them because it must be hell to work on this show.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, ulkis said:

“I just found out kind of recently, myself,” says Burgi, who was pulled aside on-set by Executive Producer Frank Valentini a few weeks back and informed of what Paul has been up to off-camera.

I love that one! The old "we just decided you have a drug problem" on-set pull-aside!

It bears a remarkable resemblance to when Frank and Ron had rando Eli on OLTL revealed to be the culprit behind half a dozen unconnected and unique crimes Ron later admitted they hadn't found a culprit for and were looking for a quick fix - including being a serial killer who had just pushed a woman down the stairs.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 9

It says Matt Cohen will be recurring. Good for him for getting something outside this cesspool we call GH. I wish it meant the stupid quad of Tree/Claud/Griffin/Maxie (Yes, I listed Maxie last because, come on, the vet is so NOT the focus of the story) would be scrapped and Tree and Claud decide to run off together, never to be heard from again. Dante would be a lil heartbroken for a while but he can just suck it up, buttercup. 

http://tvline.com/2016/08/26/criminal-minds-beyond-borders-casts-matt-cohen-jacks-son-season-2/

• Love 3
43 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Why were they so coy about his leave of absence?

I have wondered about that as well -- I'd guess there was a disagreement about what may have been a last-minute movie offer, so he took off and let the chips fall where they may. 

I notice on his twitter that he and his wife have gotten into pushing a skin care line that looks like an MLM-type deal a la Steve Burton juice. Anybody hear if he's pushing it at fan events? (His Twitter is mostly fan events and the skin care recently.) 

• Love 1
10 hours ago, Auntie Velvet said:

I have wondered about that as well -- I'd guess there was a disagreement about what may have been a last-minute movie offer, so he took off and let the chips fall where they may. 

I notice on his twitter that he and his wife have gotten into pushing a skin care line that looks like an MLM-type deal a la Steve Burton juice. Anybody hear if he's pushing it at fan events? (His Twitter is mostly fan events and the skin care recently.) 

That sounds like what Bry-Dog and Second Kelly were pushing for awhile on Instagram.

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, UYI said:

That sounds like what Bry-Dog and Second Kelly were pushing for awhile on Instagram.

This skin cream seems more "doesn't do anything special" as opposed to "fire and scabs".

• Love 9
Just now, ulkis said:

This skin cream seems more "doesn't do anything special" as opposed to "fire and scabs".

Then Tyler at least is smart enough to scam his fans without damaging their skin! Yay, I guess?

• Love 3
5 hours ago, Sake614 said:

Oh dear lord...what are these people smoking?

@valentinifrank @richard_Burgi @GeneralHospital ok this is why these are the best writers hands down. We had all the names but not Paul

I guess they're not aware that the reveal of the killer's identity coming out of nowhere, with seemingly no connection to plot, character, context or consistency, isn't good writing.

• Love 11
14 hours ago, Sake614 said:

Oh dear lord...what are these people smoking?

@valentinifrank @richard_Burgi @GeneralHospital ok this is why these are the best writers hands down. We had all the names but not Paul

Siiigh.

Maybe it's just me, but I personally prefer a reveal that makes sense or is at least guessable given what I've seen as opposed to one that is pure shock value and comes completely out of nowhere.

• Love 9

I think the reveal can come completely out of nowhere (think back to Bert Ramsey being Mr. Big), but it has to make sense (think back to Bert Ramsey being Mr. Big). Paul being the killer, especially of a bunch of who-cares day players, will never make sense.

• Love 7

Making the hospital serial killer someone who doesn't work at the hospital is such a bizarre narrative choice.  Wouldn't it have made more sense for it to be someone with easy access to the drug and the patients?

Ugh, this show. 

• Love 6
29 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Making the hospital serial killer someone who doesn't work at the hospital is such a bizarre narrative choice.  Wouldn't it have made more sense for it to be someone with easy access to the drug and the patients?

Ugh, this show. 

I'm sure they'll reveal Paul has been interning any day now. (Cue Dillon saying, "I thought you wanted a relationship with me! Instead you just want to be a nurse!)

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 7

As others have mentioned, this is exactly what Frank (and Ron) did on OLTL.  They wanted to tell a serial killer story, but they didn't have a firm hold on who the killer was going to be.  It wasn't about any of the characters, including the killer, it was just a serial killer story for the sake of telling a serial killer story.  Then they ended up pinning it on a character who would have had to put a rip in the space time continuum in order to have committed at least one of the killings, just because they couldn't come up with anyone else to pin it on.  (Rumor was they were going to pin it on a character that had been newly introduced, but the actor sucked, so they quickly dropped him and carried on with the story without any idea who was doing the killing.)  Same deal here - they wanted to tell a story about a hospital serial killer for the sake of telling that story, but they didn't build it around any character, and there's just no sense at all to the reveal.  Even when a killer is revealed to be someone nobody guessed, there should be a moment of "oh, but that makes sense now that I think about it," and you can go back and think over some of the little clues that were planted here and there and say "oh, yeah, that should have tipped me off!" There was none of that with the Paul reveal.  Even days later, it's just "yeah, but, why?  What was the point??"  There's no point, other than Paul adjusting his cuffs once, that any of us can point back to and have that "Oh, yeah..." moment.  And even that one moment happened extremely late in the story, because they didn't decide on him until extremely late in the story.  The shock can't be shock for the sake of shock.  It has to still make sense.  This makes none.  It's merely Frank and company patting themselves on the back for surprising everyone.  

• Love 11

I think she was the one with the background in syndicated programming, and she was supposed to help develop shows to successfully take the place of AMC and OLTL, and eventually GH. Clearly she didn't.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 1

She had nothing to do with Chew or Revolution.  I believe she was brought in sometime in th e past year after it became apparant that FabLife wasnt going to work (either).  

She was supposed to develop programming to replace FabLife, other syndicated fare, and probably a replacement for GH.  Obviously she failed.