Type keyword(s) to search

GH In The News: The PC Press Club

• Start Topic

(edited)
21 hours ago, Chairperson Meow said:

I hope JJ befriended Connie Britton and made some Ryan Murphy connections.   

Isn't JJ supposed to be some hard-core Christian type? You really think he would ever play a scene where he gets sexually dominated by an older woman while a sad older gay guy leers at him? Or play a young bisexual hustler who gets murdered by a serial killer dressed as a clown in graphic detail? Or have a sex scene with either a little person or someone morbidly obese? Or the many other graphic things that Ryan Murphy likes on his M-rated shows?

Edited by methodwriter85
6 minutes ago, methodwriter85 said:

Isn't JJ supposed to be some hard-core Christian type? You really think he would ever play a scene where he gets sexually dominated by an older woman while a sad older gay guy leers at him? Or play a young bisexual hustler who gets murdered by a serial killer dressed as a clown in graphic detail? Or have a sex scene with either a little person or someone morbidly obese? Or the many other graphic things that Ryan Murphy likes on his M-rated shows?

Hee. Maybe not ALL those scenarios, but I'm pretty JJ has played some things you wouldn't expect him to.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1109594/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_3

and this one

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0482491/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_5

• Love 1

"It's just for the story. We kind of painted Carlos into a corner, and somebody has to die."

Um, isn't the show runner supposed to be the one who makes sure characters don't get painted into corners? 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, rur said:

Um, isn't the show runner supposed to be the one who makes sure characters don't get painted into corners? 

Oh, I'm sure FV was just saying that. I honestly think they just brought him back to clear Anna. I liked Carlos, liked JVP, but it's nice to have a villain actually get some comeuppance.

• Love 3
53 minutes ago, jsbt said:

I was over Carlos within days of his arrival on the show. Enough fucking Carlos and his wacky faces.

I was amused by him, but he'd never do for a contract player, not in that melodramatic style daily. :side-eyes Stafford:

• Love 2
5 hours ago, ulkis said:

Hee. Maybe not ALL those scenarios, but I'm pretty JJ has played some things you wouldn't expect him to.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1109594/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_3

and this one

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0482491/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_5

JJ and his wife and children converted to Eastern Christian Orthodox in 2012 and has said he will be more circumspect in the type of roles he takes. He was non-demonational since he was 10 or 11 years old and seems to be more religious now than before.

(edited)

I know he did, I listened to an interview he had with an Orthodox priest about it. He seemed equally religious to me either way.

Edited by ulkis
(edited)
1 hour ago, WendyCR72 said:

What the absolute hell is this shit? Is it any wonder soaps are in the toilet?

I don't think he's serious about reuniting Jason/Liz but tweeting this is just ridiculous for a lot of reasons.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 6
16 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

Apropos of JJ, have we had this yet? If this is a repeat, it's an honest mistake. I looked in the three or four most obvious threads. It popped up on my Facebook this afternoon.   

http://www.littlethings.com/jonathan-jackson-unchained-melody/?utm_source=LTcom&utm_medium=Facebook&utm_campaign=performances

I posted his performance of it at the Opry here a few months ago, here and the doppleganger thread. 

On ‎5‎/‎14‎/‎2016 at 8:34 PM, rur said:

I think TIIC painted themselves in a corner, why are they still employed ?

• Love 4
(edited)
5 hours ago, backhometome said:

senior class president?? of all things is what makes it so ridiculous. 

I can see it now

this matt kid: I'm senior president! Thanks to my cousin, the guy who writes for General Hospital!

other kids: what? wasn't that on in 1950? 

other kids: nah, couldn't have been, they didn't have TVs in 1950!

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 6

From SID

Who on your cast would have the best improv skills?

Rebecca Herbst: 
"Emme Rylan and Dominic Zamprogna were rehearsing a scene in the make up room,and they went off-page and just started improvising. It was so good. It was funny and real and pretty cool to watch. They have good improvising skills; I certainly don't."

Darn it, can't they just air that instead of their actual scenes?

• Love 14
33 minutes ago, ulkis said:

From SID

Who on your cast would have the best improv skills?

Rebecca Herbst: 
"Emme Rylan and Dominic Zamprogna were rehearsing a scene in the make up room,and they went off-page and just started improvising. It was so good. It was funny and real and pretty cool to watch. They have good improvising skills; I certainly don't."

Darn it, can't they just air that instead of their actual scenes?

Vote for Matt and Chris will make it happen.

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, ulkis said:

I saw this as well

Ryan Paevey on AfterBuzz show thinks Nathan should get a episode like Jason did on Monday.

Denied.

Wtf does Nathan have to fill an episode that anyone cares about?   God, does he not realize why he's there?  Because he is pretty.    I can't sit through an hour of MSt hysterically charading instructions on stuff or KSt squeaking I love you nor KG doing whatever, maybe singing.   No.  God no.   Shut up, Ryan Paevey.   You shut your damn mouth now.   Veto.   

• Love 3
39 minutes ago, ulkis said:

I saw this as well

Ryan Paevey on AfterBuzz show thinks Nathan should get a episode like Jason did on Monday.

Denied.

That's some BryDog level chutzpah right there. 

• Love 9
(edited)

Thanks to a mention on another thread I looked up GH's sweeps ratings and... Oh Dear God, they're terrible (rather like the show).  Making things worse is the fact that the ratings for every other soap bumped up in that same time period - some by significant amounts.  But GH's ratings plunged (further).

In a sane and just world this would be the wake-up call to TPTB that Sonny Wins Again Version 9,869,340,966,524.3 is destroying the show and that it is time to ring in some radical changes to save the show (bring on the reboot!), but we all know the shit-flinging monkeys in charge of this disaster are impervious to the message the fans have been screaming at them for years now.

Let the deathwatch begin...

Edited by yowsah1
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, ulkis said:

I saw this as well

Denied.

I can't wait for the next episode of "Ryan Paevey Thinks" to find out Frank's answer.

• Love 6
On ‎5‎/‎15‎/‎2016 at 10:52 PM, ulkis said:

What in the hell?

Chris ‎@ChrisBVanEtten

Hey #GH fans; my cousin @matter698needs your support! #votematt for senior class prez! If you do, I'll reunite Jason and Liz!

https://mobile.twitter.com/ChrisBVanEtten/status/731610266283040770?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

On ‎5‎/‎15‎/‎2016 at 11:46 PM, WendyCR72 said:

What the absolute hell is this shit? Is it any wonder soaps are in the toilet?

On ‎5‎/‎15‎/‎2016 at 1:07 AM, ulkis said:

I don't think he's serious about reuniting Jason/Liz but tweeting this is just ridiculous for a lot of reasons.

23 hours ago, backhometome said:

senior class president?? of all things is what makes it so ridiculous. 

I think that Cousin Matt may not exist and the tweet is just straight out mockery of GH fans, especially ones who organize tweets to try to sway the direction of the show.

The level of contempt these writers have for their audience is inexcusable. It also explains why so much of the writing is lazy, nonsensical shit. They don't respect the audience and hence they don't put any effort in their writing. And it shows.

• Love 7

Nancy Lee Grahn tweet:

If man u loved (mobster who convinced me & many ratings points that he's as beautiful as his abs) turns out 2b sociopath? How insane'd u b?

OK, Nancy.

• Love 8
(edited)
On 5/16/2016 at 10:03 PM, ulkis said:

I saw this as well

Denied.

If I want to spend an hour watching a show about trees I can watch reruns of that Bob Ross painting show.

ETA How do I get it to display the video within the post?

ETA thanks peachmangosteen

Edited by LeftPhalange
  • Love 11

Laura AND Lucy AND Kevin are all in today's episode.  But what does Frank ('s intern) want you to know?

Explosive scenes w/ Sonny, Alexis, & Julian @MauriceBenard @NancyLeeGrahn @WilliamdeVry1 @GeneralHospital #GHSpectacularSpring #GH #Julexis

• Love 7

Real excited to watch Laura's third-monthly appearance get blown on Lucy cutting eyes at her for speaking to Kevin after Lucy got caught porking Scott in public. At least, that's what I fully anticipate.

I mean, I love Lucy but come on.

• Love 6

I was watching Bryan Craig's snapchat and he said he was on an audition yesterday. Wonder what that means with him and GH if he gets it. Unless he meant he was reading with people who were auditioning for GH. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, ulkis said:

I was watching Bryan Craig's snapchat and he said he was on an audition yesterday. Wonder what that means with him and GH if he gets it. Unless he meant he was reading with people who were auditioning for GH. 

As long as it's not a show I watch, I'm rooting for ya, BryDawg.   Especially if it's on FreeForm.   

• Love 3

OMG brill.  Loved this in particular:

Starting with the rather dubious claim that Franco has dedicated any of his post-tumor life to atoning for his previous sins. I must have missed that in between that time he: knifed his mother, took his fiance and a bunch of other people hostage at their wedding, stole another baby, blackmailed Olivia into free room and board and some ELQ stock options, and has also generally gone out of his way to be an asshole to Jason, even though he certainly has some major atoning to do where he’s concerned.

• Love 9