Type keyword(s) to search

GH In The News: The PC Press Club

• Start Topic

I'm torn.  The show needs to invest in Lucky as a character.  And I don't mind Greg Vaughn.  But the show didn't invest in him before and likely wouldn't again.

I don't feel like reading that article again, which I did from my phone, and I must have missed the part where Vaughn indicated he'd like to come back? Or where whoever wrote the article is speculating that he would?

Just like with Kanan, whyever would Vaughn want to return to a show that fucked him over? Fired him because Guzasshole managed to finally convince Jonathan to return to the role of Lucky? Vaughn does nothing for me, but that doesn't mean I didn't feel bad for him when he was fired.

I don't feel like reading that article again, which I did from my phone, and I must have missed the part where Vaughn indicated he'd like to come back? Or where whoever wrote the article is speculating that he would?

Just like with Kanan, whyever would Vaughn want to return to a show that fucked him over? Fired him because Guzasshole managed to finally convince Jonathan to return to the role of Lucky? Vaughn does nothing for me, but that doesn't mean I didn't feel bad for him when he was fired.

Guza was a shit. I don't ever dispute that. But the practice of an original actor reclaiming a role is just, right or wrong, part of the business. Tyler Christopher benefited from that same practice, as did both Peter Reckell and Wayne Northrop on Days. It may not be fair, but it's part of the game.

• Love 7

I'm torn.  The show needs to invest in Lucky as a character.  And I don't mind Greg Vaughn.  But the show didn't invest in him before and likely wouldn't again.

I think the new writers and Frank would invest in him as Lucky. But Frank would drop him just as fast the moment JJ was available.

I like Greg Vaughn, I do and did root for his Lucky, but sorry to say, he just wasn't Lucky. I could accept him in other roles, but yeah, he came across as too everyman. I think some like Josh Kelly or Mark Lawson might be a better fit for the role.

• Love 1

I think Bryan and Kelly may be an example of two people being together to spare the rest of the human race from either of them. I'm completely okay with this.

And damn it Chad, I WARNED you to stay away from Bryan when he does a Periscope video! :( 

Edited by UYI
  • Love 3

http://www.toronto24hours.ca/2015/11/30/days-and-gh-renewed-or-axed

Meanwhile, over at ABC -- whose daytime line-up has been bleeding out ever since All My Children and One Life To Live were cancelled in 2011 -- insiders tell us that executive producer Frank Valentini has “six months to improve GH’s dismal ratings” or he’s out.

Despite the popular soap's ratings woes – and backstage turmoil involving lightweight executive Nathan Varni’s rumoured interference with the show’s creative team – sources say it’s unlikely that ABC will cancel GH.

• Love 5

Haha. I mean, not to defend Bry-Bry in any way, but this month has been ALL about the Jason reveal. And this show just utterly FAILED. I'm not a professional writer or anything, but when like, a week after what was supposed to be a life-changing event (Jason is alive!) you have Sam trying to screw Patrick and Jason all, "I want my family with Liz! Whatevs to Sam!" after viewers waited OVER A YEAR.....yeah....no. No emotions whatsoever.

And on top of that, people still don't care about Robin, and Nik, Jason, Liz, and Patrick are all WUT? to me.

• Love 7

Haha. I mean, not to defend Bry-Bry in any way, but this month has been ALL about the Jason reveal. And this show just utterly FAILED. I'm not a professional writer or anything, but when like, a week after what was supposed to be a life-changing event (Jason is alive!) you have Sam trying to screw Patrick and Jason all, "I want my family with Liz! Whatevs to Sam!" after viewers waited OVER A YEAR.....yeah....no. No emotions whatsoever.

And on top of that, people still don't care about Robin, and Nik, Jason, Liz, and Patrick are all WUT? to me.

Sure, but that week was Morgan every day.

I'm offended you did not include Dante acting about his marriage the way Daria treats her school volleyball game in the opening credits of the show. :p

• Love 5

Sure, but that week was Morgan every day.

I'm offended you did not include Dante acting about his marriage the way Daria treats her school volleyball game in the opening credits of the show. :p

I only focused on the Jason reveal bc that's what the show considers it's A story. BM, KeMo, LW, BH, JT, have dominated the screen. That is what Frank and Co. were banking on and still are. Morgan was just on so Bryan can get his Emmy reel ready before the final Dec. 20-something submission date!

But, of course, the Dante/Lulu/Valerie story is also a huge fail because there's no LOVE. Cheating stories are usually devastating because X and Y still deeply love each other. These stories don't work when there are apathetic parties. I don't even know if I should blame DZ for looking asleep because they're giving him nothing.

Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 4

I would be shocked if they replaced him and kept the show running. There are few EPs who are able to cut costs more - who are they gonna find who isn't new, when new is something the network has no interest in? They want people who know the job and will stay out of their hair. I think it's Dollar General Valentini or the axe for the whole thing.

The Varni mention makes me doubt the whole thing because it smacks of someone picking up on Internet chatter, where Varni (who, granted, clearly loves to put himself out there) is elevated to a much larger power position in order to deflect blame off Ron Carlivati and onto everyone and anyone else.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 5

Under budget is great but the show looks like shit - the production values are practically non-existent. DOOL looks better. The show used to look dark and dreary sometimes but I don't remember it looking like a high school production. There's a lack of...pride in it

• Love 6

Hopefully, they can find someone who won't cast cardboard cutouts for characters, throw away legacy characters, or misuse good actors while not good ones are in the forefront.

Just give it to Shonda Rhimes. Doesn't she own ABC anyway?

Lol I know she wouldn't hesitate to kill Sonny, Carly, Jason, Spencer. I watch Greys and HTGAWM.

• Love 4

Oh, of course. But Frank deserves to get fired.

He does.  I wish he would have been fired when his buddy RC got canned.  Hopefully when the time comes these two new awful writers will be fired right along side him.  There have got to be better people out there. 

• Love 2

http://www.toronto24hours.ca/2015/11/30/days-and-gh-renewed-or-axed

Meanwhile, over at ABC -- whose daytime line-up has been bleeding out ever since All My Children and One Life To Live were cancelled in 2011 -- insiders tell us that executive producer Frank Valentini has “six months to improve GH’s dismal ratings” or he’s out.

Despite the popular soap's ratings woes – and backstage turmoil involving lightweight executive Nathan Varni’s rumoured interference with the show’s creative team – sources say it’s unlikely that ABC will cancel GH.

How does "lightweight executive" Varni have the power to have any real influence?

• Love 4