Type keyword(s) to search

GH In The News: The PC Press Club

• Start Topic

Meanwhile, there is some crazy on Twitter deathly bitter about Days killing Will and trying desperately to spin all the show's ratings gains AND suggesting people turn into GH because we still have gay characters.  That our gay characters are nearly invisible with completely off-screen love lives - and, in the case of Felix, are extremely annoying - apparently doesn't matter.

I've never seen anything like it on any other soap.

As far as soap ruining writing goes, nothing for me will ever top whoever decided to undo Erica's abortion on AMC.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 4

Meanwhile, there is some crazy on Twitter deathly bitter about Days killing Will and trying desperately to spin all the show's ratings gains AND suggesting people turn into GH because we still have gay characters.  That our gay characters are nearly invisible with completely off-screen love lives - and, in the case of Felix, are extremely annoying - apparently doesn't matter.

As far as soap running writing goes, nothing for me will ever top whoever decided to undo Erica's abortion on AMC.

Felix and Donny, yo! First soap couple NEVER ON-SCREEN.

I'm more talking about the number of characters trashed and/or written OOC.

• Love 2

Dena Higley on OLTL

Of course, RC also trashed Kate, Johnny and - though I'm loath to admit it - Sonny.

Murdering AJ was a point of no return for me

I think at this point nothing is really beyond Sonny  (well, except, like, child molestation, even I wouldn't go that far) but yeah, if they were going to keep him on the show and still have everyone like him, then don't have him murder an innocent man.

• Love 10

There is so much dead weight they need to cute yet they simple doubled down on the dreck.

Franco, Neens, Keeks hayden, Felix, Sabrina, Olivia, Dr. O, Jason, Spinelli, Darby and Nathan others need to be dropped.

No more stories about babies for at least 3-4 years, get rid of the mob all together and most improtantly build up the hospital.

Why bring on Darby when you could have brought on Christina, Serena or Anna D? Why bring on a new random doc when you could have added Tom Hardy, Jr?

From what I read, their ratings deserve to be shit.

Edited by BestestAuntEver
  • Love 6

I think at this point nothing is really beyond Sonny (well, except, like, child molestation, even I wouldn't go that far) but yeah, if they were going to keep him on the show and still have everyone like him, then don't have him murder an innocent man.

Yeah, I haven't rooted for Sonny in years but murdering an innocent man during a temper tantrum? It was a new and previously unimaginable low

Well, I do. I might be the only one here who does, but I'll be damned if Ava loses her to that piece of non-walking crap.

Sorry. :( But I hate soap custody tug of wars like this one. I wish they could give her to smoky the bear at this point if it would spare us one.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 5

I don't enjoy custody wars either, I pretty much skipped the entire Maxie/Lulu battle. I just won't accept any other outcome except Ava winning or at least shared custody which would almost be a win at this point.

• Love 1

The only thing I don't get is how TPTB can't see this. It's so painfully obvious.

TPTB have been trying to sell us on the loathesome Sonny Corinthos as the studly hero we should all swoon over for nigh on to twenty years now.  Their stupidity knows no bounds.

So yes, the actual event of the reveal is now Liz's comeuppance and that's still a ways off.

FOR THE LOVE OF CHRIST, YOU SHIT-FLINGING HOWLER MONKEYS*, GET IT OVER WITH!!!  STOP TRASHING LIZ AND START REDEEMING HER!!!

* - By which I mean TIIC, not any of the posters here.

• Love 5

From the spoiler thread:

All this Liz/rape debate brings me back to my rage blackouts when Carolyn Hinsey and Michael Logan were adamant that men could not be raped and, ergo, Jax was not raped.

UGH.

Makes me even happier that SOD is circling the drain.

Speaking of SOD circling the drain, can you believe that a magazine that sold 1,000,000+ copies per issue now has a circulation, subscription and store sales combined, of 138,000 at last published count?!

138,000?!!!  That's getting to hometown newspaper level.

Sorry. :( But I hate soap custody tug of wars like this one. I wish they could give her to smoky the bear at this point if it would spare us one.

Having a judge choose between Sonny and Ava is a little too much like the giant douche v. turd sandwich choice for school mascot on South Park.

• Love 6

Frank Valentini ‏@valentinifrank 2m2 minutes ago
Today is @finolahughes's Emmy show for next year. Amazing performance. @GeneralHospital #FallinLoveWithGH #GH

BUT WHAT ABOUT BRYAN CRAIG

• Love 10

...why is Anna getting big scenes in the Jason Revealed episode?  I mean, I love Anna and would rather see Anna, but that seems like weird story pacing/structuring.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 5

Really? This is Fin's Emmy show? Not Billy Miller, Kelly Monaco, Becky, Laura, Jason? This show never gets it right.

Honestly, that suits me just fine. Anna may suck as a mother right now, but she'll still never match the shitpile that Jason or this story is. So I'll take it!

• Love 5

It's so weird.  Jason Revealed shouldn't be fighting to be the A story with Anna/Paul, or with Sonny Custody Battle Part 6,0000.

Maybe they realized how fucked that story's been? But if they get people watching for Finola Hughes and the numbers get a bump, then they can go back to the network (which does not pay attention) and say 'see, the Jason reveal paid off.'

• Love 3

Really? This is Fin's Emmy show? Not Billy Miller, Kelly Monaco, Becky, Laura, Jason? This show never gets it right.

It's Fin. Maybe the state of the show/missed story beats makes this more apparent, but otherwise I think a day where Fin gets to shine would be applauded. 

• Love 2

Just get SK back. Dammit. He's not doing much with Lois, so just bring them both back. And Scott Clifton, as he's a better Dillion.

But mostly I need SK's AJ sipping tea and towering over Sonny in his magical man pain chair.

SC's going to be on B&B forever. He's one of the lifers there now. 

• Love 3

Just get SK back. Dammit. He's not doing much with Lois, so just bring them both back. And Scott Clifton, as he's a better Dillion.

I've been watching B&B for a minute know and still think of these actors by their GH characters from time to time.

SK should never had been run off by Frank and Ron.

• Love 3

Maybe they realized how fucked that story's been? But if they get people watching for Finola Hughes and the numbers get a bump, then they can go back to the network (which does not pay attention) and say 'see, the Jason reveal paid off.'

It's Fin. Maybe the state of the show/missed story beats makes this more apparent, but otherwise I think a day where Fin gets to shine would be applauded. 

I partially think it's in response to Finola's comment earlier this year about why she was putting her name in for supporting and not lead actress for the daytime emmys.  She said she didn't get good enough material to submit herself.

Sadly, I didn't see anything particularly special about this episode. Sure Fin did fine, but there was no 'wow' about the writing or the moment.  When a single death threat is viewed as emmy worthy material, you know the bar has been lowered too much.

• Love 3

http://www.soapoperanetwork.com/2015/11/ratings-good-week-for-daysyrbb?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Ratings still tanking. And Varni saying 'wait another month!' Dude, GH don't have another month, except to drop under a million. Idiot asshats.

Hes an idiot they have had more chances to rebuild and do something differnt and they choose to go back to what didn't work.They deserve their shitty ratings.

http://www.soapoperanetwork.com/2015/11/ratings-good-week-for-daysyrbb?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Ratings still tanking. And Varni saying 'wait another month!' Dude, GH don't have another month, except to drop under a million. Idiot asshats.

Hes an idiot they have had more chances to rebuild and do something differnt and they choose to go back to what didn't work.They deserve their shitty ratings.

• Love 3

Sorry but the GH train has already skidded off the tracks and is headed for the cliffs.

It's amazing how they are hearing great things yet the spoilers are all unbelievably boring to me.

yep not interested in anything on the show.

No end in sight. Gross.

https://twitter.com/MauriceBenard/status/664464854464393216

Maurice Benard

‏@MauriceBenard

Let's keep the GH train rolling I'm hearing great things can't wait

I don't hate Sonny half as much as other people here, and that tweet makes me want to take a sledgehammer and destroy my computer.

Yeah, Maurice, something tells me you're hearing great things for Sonny & you can't wait. 99% of the rest of us? We'll pass.

I'm going to blame Ron for sucking so much that the ratings dropped and causing the network to dictate the return to All My Sonny.

• Love 6

Reading about the fracas regarding Bloomingdale's "spike your best friend's eggnog" ad, I was surprised to see Kristen Alderson name-checked, sort of.  Not GH related, but, hey...

http://www.msn.com/en-us/money/companies/bloomingdales-sorry-for-ad-suggesting-you-spike-friends-eggnog/ar-CCdyyu?li=AAa0dzB

Nobody at Bloomingdales could figure out how creepy that was without getting a lot of negative customer feedback?  

• Love 5

I'm going to blame Ron for sucking so much that the ratings dropped and causing the network to dictate the return to All My Sonny.

And what sucks is that he is the one who broke the Sonny/Carly/Jason trinity stranglehold on this show, which I really don't think anyone else would have done, especially if they had been promoted within (i.e. Gavin Wolfe).  

• Love 4

The problem is that he replaced it with the Jeromes and Franco. I'm a little surprised that he didn't have Franco knock up Carly so all of his shite characters would be tied to the canvas by a child

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 1