Type keyword(s) to search

GH In The News: The PC Press Club

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

Oh, Jackie. There is no apostrophe in "lots."

I blame spell check. So many times on my damn tablet the autocorrect adds a possessive apostrophe to a word ending with s.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Cheyanne11 said:

GH¹s Steve Burton (Jason) and Bradford Anderson (Spinelli), who often perform together live at comedy clubs, have released a podcast called Stone Cold and the Jackal. The podcast will cover topics like GH, the entertainment industry and have guests from GH and more. Click here to listen

If you all could see my face right now...

https://www.soapoperadigest.com/content/gh-stars-release-new-podcast/

I have no words.

• Love 1
On 4/25/2018 at 12:19 PM, TeeVee329 said:

Oh gawd, why?

ETA...you know, I'm surprised Steve Burton hasn't gotten his buddy back on contract yet.

I think it's BA's choice not to be on contract.

5 hours ago, Neptune said:

Most people don't want to remember Luke & Felicia as a couple to begin with, but especially not this. WHY did she sing Swanee River, of all things? 

• Love 1

Among his usual blah blah blah, I was semi-intrigued by this:

Digest: Now that it has been resolved, is it possible we would see any characters from ALL MY CHILDREN or ONE LIFE TO LIVE in Port Charles?

Valentini: Yes, and that is something we’d love to do, but it really has to come up organically. We’ve definitely tried to do a couple of things but there have been some conflicts with actors and their availability. If something comes up in the future and it makes sense, we’ll make it work.

I wonder who they tried to bring in/get and couldn't because of these conflicts.

10 hours ago, ulkis said:

It was a joke . . . Luke stopped the number and then they did "I Like That Old Kind of Rock and Roll". It was pretty much as painful as Swanee River:

I had forgotten that, but even as a joke it was still cruel! :P

Frank Valentini: We won an award for outstanding casting!  Also, here's me with the leading lady's boyfriend who I hired after running into him in the parking lot.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 5

So did Vernee Watson-Johnson. Her reel had to be when Stella first came on and was her most irritating. (I really like her in social-worker mode, even if she has to kiss Sonny's ring a bit too much in those scenes.)

The Emmys are awarding the most exasperating of GH characters, LOL.

• Love 2
17 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

So did Vernee Watson-Johnson. Her reel had to be when Stella first came on and was her most irritating. (I really like her in social-worker mode, even if she has to kiss Sonny's ring a bit too much in those scenes.)

The Emmys are awarding the most exasperating of GH characters, LOL.

Vernee Watson at 63 was rocking her mini black dress. Simply incredible!!!

• Love 4
3 hours ago, In2You said:

Its continuously a joke that this show receives an Emmy for casting

The actual actors are fine if they're viewed without any context. There are probably Nina, Valentine, Nelle scenes that are fine without any reference points.  It's just when you know that Nina doesn't have brain damage, that Valentine is supposed to be intimidating and that Nelle is Michael's love interest that you realize there's a problem 

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, LexieLily said:

Chloe Lanier won her category. We will never be rid of Nelle, will we?

And Lexi Ainsworth won last year and she's no longer on the show.

4 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

It cracks me up that there's a swag room for the Daytime Emmys but the show can't find someone to air it.

@TeeVee329, do we need to do a wellness check on you after seeing that second tweet?

That's not much glizty stuff at the gifting lounge anymore. Plus when I was on Esty a few years back people hosting those gift suites would come on to try and convince sellers to make items for free plus pay a table fee with promises of celebrity promotion that would increase their business.

(edited)

I like Elizabeth Hendrickson, but I'm guessing it's another Star From Another Soap Plays A New Character Who's A Spicy Bad Girl situation.  And she'll be, like, LWB/FS's ex-girlfriend or Nelle's half-sister or something like that.  Ugh.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 3

I saw someone on Twitter float the idea that EH could be playing the birth mother of baby (who?) and that would be horrifyingly typical of Frank and Groundbreaking And Progressive Soap Scribe Shelly Altman, use that non-story to bring in EH on contract/on 3 days a week while the papas (who?) remain invisible and never interact with each other.

• Love 3