Type keyword(s) to search

GH In The News: The PC Press Club

• Start Topic

That was jsbt.

Unfortunately I think BC has been told to cool it on twitter, and I think KT would probably be secretly happy they don't like her man with other women.

So he's just causing trouble on Instagram now instead? ;)

More importantly, how the fuck does Bry-dog afford all these cars on a newbie soap contract? Are his side businesses, particularly the TOXIC FACE CREAM PYRAMID SCHEME doing that well?

Are they even still plugging that face cream now? It seems like they've quieted down about it recently. Maybe some rashes or boils they were warned about showed up on their faces?

• Love 1

From Nathan Vani's facebook, or so I've been told:

"This and MUCH more Thursday on GH! Also this episode was SO BIG that we have I believe around 10 minutes of additional scenes we shot that could not make the final cut. I'm happy to announce we will be putting the extended version of this episode on our website in the days to come. I will announce a date just as soon as it is confirmed."

So I'm going to assume that the entire Scrubs wedding will be part of that 10 minutes of cut footage.

• Love 4

So I'm going to assume that the entire Scrubs wedding will be part of that 10 minutes of cut footage.

GH TPB: Why is...Francine...in this episode?  She's not related to Sonny or Carly.

GH Writer: FELICIA is part of Robin's family, the fans might notice if she wasn't at the wedding.

GH TPB: Ugh, fans.  Well, there's no room for her, we have all these scenes of Sonny and Jason repairing their friendship to put in.  I know, we'll put an "extended cut" on the web, that'll shut 'em up.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 10

OMG, Depair in the Afternoon's annual Year of Suck in Review post is amazing:

https://despairintheafternoon.wordpress.com/2016/01/07/year-of-suck-in-review-2015/

A sample:

LUCY: Duke, you’re obviously still in love with Anna. I think we should break up.
DUKE: Oh. Were we… dating?
LUCY: Maybe? I could never tell.
DUKE: Me neither.
LUCY: Well, it’s over now. Your death will be way more tragic if you’re back with Anna.
DUKE: Wait, what?
LUCY: Nothing!
  • Love 8

No lie, this is a legit question.  Isn't this actual dialogue from the prison break van scene:

FRANCO: Are we there yet? Are we there yet?
AVA: Julian, Franco’s on my side of the car!
FRANCO: Am not!
AVA: Are too!
SONNY: Franco, stop touching Ava.
JULIAN: Don’t make me turn this prison break van around! I’ll do it, I swear!

Was it really all that different?

I love those gals (that gal?) who writes this. I wish she was considered "soap press" unlike some blogger who shall remain nam -- hell, I'm talking about Jamey.

Edited to add

Oh no, I stand corrected. They actually say when actual dialogue is used:

CARLY: Michael, how can you take Avery away from Sonny? You know that being a father is really important for his self-esteem!
MICHAEL: You want me to risk her life so that Sonny can feel better about himself?*
CARLY: Yes! Obviously!
*Actual show dialog.

While I'm still on the Ron Carlivati penned portion of this review, that is a very helpful and necessary tool!

Edited by Francie
  • Love 4

ELIZABETH: Jake is Jason? How could you keep this from everyone?

NIKOLAS: Oh, Elizabeth. Must we get bogged down in petty details like logic or motive? Can’t a man just betray his loved ones for no reason without getting the third degree?

That was my favorite.

• Love 16
ELIZABETH: Jake is Jason? How could you keep this from everyone?

NIKOLAS: Oh, Elizabeth. Must we get bogged down in petty details like logic or motive? Can’t a man just betray his loved ones for no reason without getting the third degree?

ELIZABETH: So… what you’re saying is from now on, we don’t need an in character motivation for anything we do?

NIKOLAS: Nope!

ELIZABETH: Well, that seems weird, but okay. GET READY FOR SOME CRAZY EYES.

SAM: You knew who Jason was all along!

ELIZABETH: No! That’s… crazy… I mean. What? HAHAHA.

JASON: I’ve got a bad feeling about this.

ELIZABETH: Okay, fine! I did it!

JASON: How could you do that to me? To everyone that loved me?

ELIZABETH: Oh, Jason. I know it sounds crazy.

JASON: But?

ELIZABETH: No, that’s all I’ve got. Sorry.

The entire story in two snarky nutshells.

Edited by yowsah1
  • Love 7

You probably don't want to know that they named Nik/Hayden one of the best. I mean, once upon a time, yes I thought they had (and still have) serious spark and really good sexual chemistry. But you can't just ignore what he did. I guess if he had only threatened to kill her to her face though, like Jason did to Sam, it would all be totes okay.

I love reading those Annual Year of Suck in Reviews, but considering what an abysmal year it was for my favorite, I'm not looking forward to it. But I love that Duke/Lucy "dialogue". That was hysterical.

• Love 2

Yelling at someone, even if you're yelling a threat, >>>>>>>> having them shot in the head during a murder attempt

Neither should be happening on a soap. But honestly, I can forgive terrible soap shit that happens in the heat of the moment.

The worst part of this Hayden/Nik mess is that he cold-bloodedly decided to have her murdered -not even because she was blackmailing him and he got desperate but because she was going to tell the truth - thus ruining the world's dumbest business takeover

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 2

Yelling at someone, even if you're yelling a threat, >>>>>>>> having them shot in the head during a murder attempt

Neither should be happening on a soap. But honestly, I can forgive terrible soap shit that happens in the heat of the moment.

I think that the larger issue with the Jason threat to Sam isn't even the threat itself, except for the little detail that the man is a Borg-y hired killer.  And it shows that his only reaction to people who piss him off is "must kill."  That should be alarming, as a woman involved with him.  (Along with the fact that he is, in fact, said Borg-y hired killer).  Can he not just get mad, say "you make me sick, I never want to see your face again," or something?  Scream about betrayal?  (Oh, wait, that's above his pay grade.) 

• Love 3

The worst part of this Hayden/Nik mess is that he cold-bloodedly decided to have her murdered -not even because she was blackmailing him and he got desperate but because she was going to tell the truth - thus ruining the world's dumbest business takeover

I think the worst part is that, to my knowledge, he's never expressed any regret or remorse about it.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 5

I love those gals (that gal?) who writes this. I wish she was considered "soap press" unlike some blogger who shall remain nam -- hell, I'm talking about Jamey.

I recently discovered that Jamey blocked me on Twitter. Poor baby. Him not me. 

He looks good. Why did we get the mullet and they get the nice hair. 

Hmmm...it just looks like he brushed back his hair and "poofed" "poufed" (?) it on top. Slight difference, but not much. And I will probably check it out just to see him as a different character. And mebbe just to see Ollie Justin. And Robert Tristan.

And ewww, Victor without a 'stache? Almost didn't recognize him.

I watch Y&R, so I'm excited to see the 85th Billy give it a try. It's just SO weird because it's happening just a few days after his last episode of GH. I needed a bit of a cushion to not just see PATRICK.

• Love 2

Is there any chance JT and TR will share scenes? It's probably more likely that it ever was when they were both on GH. Heh.

I'm hoping Colin has a long-lost tiny brunette niece that can stop by and cross paths with Billy from time to time . . .

Okay, serious question: have Billy & Colin ever been involved in story thus far?

Edited by Tiger
  • Love 3

Yes, they're involved, although I can't remember if they got married or are just dating.

Two things: 1) please tell me that's Jess Walton's character, and 2) please tell that neither Billy nor Colin shares story with Stevie B's character.

Two things: 1) please tell me that's Jess Walton's character, and 2) please tell that neither Billy nor Colin shares story with Stevie B's character.

1) Yes, that's JW.  2) I'm trying to think.  I guess there's a little reason for interaction, to some degree.  Billy is involved, off and on, with Victoria.  And SB's character is her recently discovered half-brother.  Colin isn't on much, so he gets off easier in the "potential screen time with SB" department.  There's no real reason for them to interact that I can think of. 

If KMc would consent to act again, maybe Y&R could offer to let her direct in addition to acting on the show, then we could have her act with Jason Thompson and Steve Burton again, maybe even have a love triangle.

I don't know much about Y&R but is there any reason TR's character couldn't have a daughter?

Edited by cmahorror
  • Love 1

A potentially unpopular counterpoint - repairing actors who were a supercouple on another soap never really works.  Let JT embrace a new challenge, KMc her directing career, and me my memories of Robin and Patrick.

• Love 11

I want KMc far, far away from JT acting-wise, tbh. I'll just say for....REASONS.* Let him do his thing at Y&R, preferably without his guitar.

*I just realized this sounded ominous. Not for bad reasons. I think they're great together. I'm just tired of KMc being blamed for shit that she has no control over, like stories and pairings and why JT/Patrick couldn't do this or that or generate romantic chemistry with this person or that person.

Edited by HeatLifer

A potentially unpopular counterpoint - repairing actors who were a supercouple on another soap never really works..

While I do agree with this, I'm just bummed at the prospect of never seeing Jason & Kimberly on-screen together again.

• Love 1
I could totally see them doing something random at some point.

I think so too.  Didn't KMc, in that posted blog entry, say she had worked with Finola with last year?  I do think it was as a director, but sometimes people do both.

Yeah, I wasn't ready.  Their goodbye was only one quarter of the episode, TR only had two lines, and they didn't even get the Friday show!

And I could swear they've used that exact same montage before. Either that or I've developed some kind of weird montage foresight because I knew the scene order for the whole darn thing. They couldn't have made a new one?  Or mixed in a few more clips?

So while I liked that the writers gave them a HEA, I don't like that the last two main characters to portray doctors on a show called General Hospital were sent off in a way that was so obviously rushed.

Yeah, KMc directed Fin in her "Hey Day" pilot. I just also see JT/KMc doing something together in some capacity in the future.

They've had similar Scrubs montages in 2010 and in 2014. I wouldn't be shocked if they were close to the same because TPTB do not care and I'm still convinced JT/KMc convinced Frank to do this, especially after I saw them both thank him on Twitter the other day.

Edited by HeatLifer

I was referring to Scrubs getting a HEA ending, sorry if that wasn't clear!

And we were discussing the montage being the same as ones in the past. They didn't take the time to make a new one.

Edited by HeatLifer