Type keyword(s) to search

GH In The News: The PC Press Club

• Start Topic

If they wanted to go outside daytime circles for talent they might want to take a look at the people who produced shows on the CW or Disney Family.  (Are the GOSSIP GIRL or PRETTY LITTLE LIARS EPs available?).

But why would those producers want to come to daytime?

• Love 2

I don't want to offend anyone, but from what I've seen and heard about current and recent ABCFam & CW shows, they make Ron/Shelley/Jean and Frank's GH look like The Wire.

Edited by Tiger
  • Love 1

Since a few of the popular night time soaps are on ABC Family, I would tap someone that isn't a executive producer/creator on those shows, but someone high enough they were trusted with running a lot of the show, low enough that being the executive producer would be a a promotion. The only problem with that, there is potential to be saddled with some one like Marti Nixon or JFP (according to Tristan Rodgers, was a great line producer).

Edited by Ambrosefolly

I don't want to offend anyone, but from what I've seen and heard about current and recent ABCFam & CW shows, they make Ron/Shelley/Jean and Frank's GH look like The Wire.

OMG, I'd love to see what David Simon would do with GH.

• Love 1

And, hey, lightweight exec, maybe your time would be better focused on why people are so excited by the idea that Frank is out in six months?

Exactly. I guess watching 30+ years (I stopped again this fall) doesn't make me a true fan.

To these asses a "true fan" means watching this dreck without any criticism at all. Don't criticize the actors, writing, sets, hair, make up, plots, producers, etc.

Lol, with the ratings slide and these dumbass is talking about "true fans".

This lightweight executive needs to fuck off

• Love 4

Seriously.  His posting it on Facebook let me people know about it than anywhere else they might have seen!

So, if he's talking about the rumor, and thus spreading it further, does that mean he's not a "true fan" either?

It's like a logic puzzle!

Is he was trying to get people to organize to tank the ratings/get FV fired?

If that's the case, and this is all an act, and he's just pretending to be a clueless, but well meaning, low level exec, he is a genius.  A freakin' genius.

• Love 2

Poor Varni. 

"true fans"

I'm contemplating asking him something like "so, when the cast outnumbers the viewers, will Fan Club Weekend be switched around to the viewers sitting at tables while the cast approaches them to ask for autographs and pictures?  'Hey, GH cast members, come join Judy from Topeka for brunch and a Q&A!'"

• Love 13

We knew Frank was being especially petty, now we know the reason.

It explains the upcoming blink and you miss it recovery and reunion with Robin as Patprick's consolation prize.

Girl, that would be a good ending compared to what could still happen....Patrick spitting on Robin and them both being killed by Little Jake's glare.

Frank must be beyond pissed. But, then again, he hasn't cared about JT or Patrick...ever.

• Love 2

I don't know what GH expects. Not everyone can hang in there like Mo because they have four college tuitions on the horizon.

Did BM create Billy Abbott, or was he just the most successful/popular iteration?

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 5

Did BM create Billy Abbott, or was he just the most successful/popular iteration?

The later, I believe.  I wanna say David Tom was the first non-kid Billy.

I wonder who Frank will try and poach from Y&R to play Patrick or, better yet, a new mobster character.

Edited by TeeVee329

I think what looks bad about this is that JT wasn't leaving to try his luck in primetime or something like that. He's fine working on a soap...just not this soap.

Because they wouldn't give him what he wanted, obviously. They weren't going to give him his own story, he was never going to be a lead, etc. Frank, to be real, has nothing to be pissed about. He's the one who didn't care about Patrick as a character.

• Love 11

Give people decent stories and they'll likely not leave. I can't imagine there's any creative fulfillment happening at GH. It's not even about the usual ebb and flow of stories. NONE of them are challenging for anyone, actor or viewer.

• Love 4

The later, I believe.  I wanna say David Tom was the first non-kid Billy.

I wonder who Frank will try and poach from Y&R to play Patrick or, better yet, a new mobster character.

Probably whoever just got fired from being Billy Miller on Y&R.

• Love 2

Wow!! I wonder if BM regrets leaving...

I am sure he regrets it. I mean, he tried playing Billy on GH and fans shut it down quick. Now, he is stuck playing the most blandest and stupidest character ever created. Honestly, when majority of fans think SBU's Jason is not only better but showed more emotion...you know you are doing something wrong. Really wrong. 

He's not going to know what to do with himself with their schedule. Taping just one episode a day? Rehearsals? Re-takes?

It's going to seem so decadent!

Serious question...is that true? I thought budget issues had forced every soap to stop multiple rehearsals/retakes at least a decade ago. Is Y&R's budget big enough to support that stuff?

Edited by UYI

Serious question...is that true? I thought budget issues had forced every soap to stop multiple rehearsals/retakes at least a decade ago. Is Y&R's budget big enough to support that stuff?

I think they definitely have slightly more leeway/less episodes a day to tape than GH, which has nil rehearsal most of the time.

• Love 1