Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E07: Portrait of Figaro

(edited)

I'm really torn about Pettifleur. I've always been happy about her presence on the show- she's wealthy in her own right, she can create good drama, she isn't afraid to be the villain, she's quick-witted and she represents a meaningful racial demographic of the Aus population without feeling shoehorned in.

But she's just been dominating too much of the show lately. I love RH fights when there's some semblance of teams- watching Pettifleur turn all the housewives against her and self-destruct is just kind of frustrating. I want to stan her but pragmatically it's getting really hard.

I also feel kind of bad for Chyka because I always get the impression that she takes drama at her events really hard.

One problem about this show (that most of the other franchises do better) is the constantly reshuffling alliances. No good teams can really form because everyone is constantly kissing and making up and turning on their allies.

Edited by GuyAwks
  • Love 1

When even your son can't stand you, you have a problem. Looking at you, Pettifleur. How.is she getting butt hurt that Jackie didn't want to ask the angels about her son's birth certificate? Seriously, Petty, the world does not revolve around you. Which is why the women paused to say hi when she arrived and then continued their conversation for a whopping 30 seconds. Petty's problem is that she can't stand not being the center of attention.

• Love 10
(edited)

I'm totally amazed by the ability of Lydiot acting as she was by your side and explaining during one of her TH how you're nuts ! Her and BitchyFleur are made for each other !

And I'm the first one surprised, but I really like "the" Janet of this season ! Maybe her PTSD was a real deal in her way of dealing with people ? Anyway, I like her this season, and never thought I could. Ever. Lol !

EDIT TO ADD : OMG ! I forgot to say : so... They'll go to DUBAÏ ! It will be interesting to compare with the RHOBH trip, lol !

Edited by Diane Mars
  • Love 4

The awkward conversation between Petitfleur and her son was just so interesting. I like how he just shuts her down, like Mom stop talking. He clearly knows what he wants and how to handle Petitfleurs narcissism. And his GF's "ugh" face when PF asked to come along to their lunch was hilarious. 

• Love 8

PF always makes everything about her. She should thank her lucky stars that her son is keeping his distance. She's trying to plant seeds about his relationship because she feels threatened by it but the distance may be the very thing that will preserve her relationship with him. If this show is any indication, it doesn't seem like it takes much to hit your threshold of tolerance with PF. 

Lydia continues to be stupid. The scary thing is that I think it's legit. I don't see this as a character for her. 

Gina's reasons for skipping out on Gamble would have seemed understandable had she not told Chyka that she was having a premiere party. Otherwise it would have made perfect sense that the original plans was a birthday dinner with her sons which turned into the wanting to watch her on Celebrity Apprentice and eating in. 

I really like Gamble this season and her family seems genuine and precious. 

• Love 7
(edited)

Oh Lydia, the stupid continues. And it gets worse. Poor Figaro, getting all "fidgy" haha!

United states of emirates. We should ship you there Lydiat, one way.

Gina - everyone knows her by her first name, a la elvis and madonna?!! haha! NOBODY would know who she was, how ridiculous.

Jackie needs a make over as much as Gina needs a make-under.

And another franchise of housewives going to dubai? i really don't get the appeal, the place is awful, and it looks like their itinerary is exactly the same as rhobh. snoozzeeeeeeee

ETA: regarding the "etiquette" expert...since when did being extremely rude become "good etiquette" ???!! That womans manners were horrible.

I agree about the etiquette expert. I would assume that part of good etiquette is being warm and inviting to everyone, whether you are a guest or the host. That woman was so sour. I don't blame Jackie for not having a good time. That looked like a snoozefest. I got a good laugh when she was talking about what she learned about sitting up straight and everyone started laughing at her, haha.

Dubai is opulent and it's apparently known for its shopping. I guess it's considered one of those 'must try experiences' but I'm not sure how many times someone wants to experience once they've done so already.

ETA: Maybe the desert has different rules but it doesn't seem like the Melbourne ladies were as covered as the BH ladies. Gina on the camel had sleeves and her top was low cut. Though there probably is some leniency for circumstances like these as it does serve as a tourist ad in ways.

Edited by RHJunkie
  • Love 2

What a shambles this episode was! I was so moved to point this out that I stupidly went to the Arena FB site and posted a lengthy critique there only to have the admin delete it! Apparently this happens regularly on this site. The RHOM producers/legal people are VERY antsy about what is said about the HWs on social media. Never again. Imma let loose here instead

• Love 2

Ok Pettitfleur. Poor Pettitfleur (PPF).

Mark my words, she is barely BARELY keeping it together and I predict a full blowout/psychotic break to occur in the Dubai episode. She very nearly got there at the reunion. Gina and Jackie pushed her right to the limit. I do believe that if either of those wives saw what I saw, that PPF is actually dangerously unstable, they'd lay off her out of pity. I was about to write PPF suffers from Narcissistic Personality Disorder, but people with NPD are never the ones that suffer:it's everyone around them that does!

PPF came onto the show at the same time Gammy did. This might explain PPF's behavior toward her. In PPF's mind, she belongs with the ruling clique in any situation. So her mission thus far in the show has been to suss who the coolest HW is and to then take up her divine right as BFF. While she determines who this person is, PPF hasn't been idle. She knows it can't be Gammy, because Gammy is new. Gammy is therefore useless to PPF and she has set about trying to destroy her. Take the scene with Lidiot for example. PPF assumes that Lidiot, being OG, will recognize her for the superstar HW royalty she aspires to be and immediately enacts her MO, which is to sink the boot in to Gammy, her inferior. Her FACE, as she unleashes an unsupported torrent of bile about Gammy and the wedding. 'Black Widow', Sugardaddy.com etc, it even took nasty shallow Lidiot aback. Naturally, Lidiot being the spectacular human being and friend that she's repeatedly revealed herself to be, immediately wobbles off to Gammy and barfs all of PPF's confidences into her lap. Then the transparent mindfck PPF attempted to pull when Gammy invited her to her wedding, most graciously. In PPF's world, she was pulling rank on Gammy and Gammy should have darn well dropped to her knees and kissed PPF's ring. In front of the whole cast. Unfortunately, PPF is so noxiously unpleasant that she's ringing alarm bells even in Lidiot's thick skull and PPF remains at the bottom of the pecking order if one even exists. I am so intrigued by this, to me, visibly unstable and delusional choice of HW, that I went back and rewatched the Phillipines trip and the reunion. Again, when PPF faces off with Gammy, the mask comes off and her inner nastiness steps up. Her attempted interrogation of Gammy about the source of her income was disturbing and painful to watch. Gammy generously gave PPF every opportunity to cease and save face, but PPF lumbered on with her crass and tasteless barrage of questions and snide comments. Good on Gammy for staying firm with her boundaries and walking away. You can't argue with crazy, all it understands are boundaries. Her son and future daughter in law have obviously also come to this conclusion. Again, PPF shamelessly tries to manipulate him out of his relationship and back into her house. Stooping so low as to attempt a 135k bribe along the way. It must have been tough after the whole piano buying scene for her son to stay firm and refuse to concede even lunch to his mother. But the body language between he and his lovely fiancee seemed to shriek 'we've been here before! Do NOT give in to her! It's for her own good!' WHAT has this boy experienced with this mother to get to this point?!

Jackie's attitude is also telling. She can sense something rotten in Denmark with PPF also and she physically can't handle being close to her. She looked like she was going to be sick when PPF kept bodily hurling herself at Jackie in Chyka's tent. She couldn't get away quick enough. Animals sense instability and evil and Jackie is tuned into vibrations most humans are unaware of. But Jackie will not concede an inch when PPF starts attempting to throw her weight around either. There's going to be a meltdown more intense than the reunion. Like the reunion though, I bet it won't be televised. I can't see PPF lasting beyond this season. And not out of her choice either! In her mind she's Vicki from RHOC. The other wives won't want to continue with her.

The only wife she MAY be tolerated by in the meantime is Lidiot. They deserve each other. Lidiot is an ignorant racist and should have been pulled from the show with apologies made to Joanna, her housekeeper, after the dreadful yawn of a storyline where Lidiot is out a luxury car for a while and Joanna has to chauffeur her around in her NON LUXURY CAR!!!!! How hilarious will that be? !!?

Not at all. It was as funny as this episode with the endless sequence of Lidiot babbling and cooing to that unfortunate looking animal. I have no interest in watching a grown woman babytalk to her wet pet. And I find the more and more frequent talking heads featuring Lidiot and her malapropisms irritating and more yawn worthy. The woman is a weapon grade moron and the producers are encouraging her? Worse, they seem to have decided that we discerning viewers will find Lidiot's idiocy funny? We get enough of Lidiot earning her nickname just watching her interact with the others. They've consigned her to the outer reaches after her questionable behavior last seasons. And it's where she belongs. Lidiot will NEVER give Lisa Vanderpump a run for her money so stop with the boring cutesy dog storyline. There's no story here, it's just filler!

The most amusing moment was PPF telling Lidiot (with a straight face!) 'You've got too much money, girl! ' on viewing the hideous portrait of the dog. This while the ink still dried on the piano cheque. This from the woman with an equally tasteless portrait of herself hung over her fireplace (did you know it has SEVEN balconies, darling?).

Bring on Dubai where I really expect a major Switch of the Bitch to occur!

Ps . speaking of that insane book, it has a 1.5 star rating on Goodreads. PPF has also forced one of her own staff to put a review up on that site! It hasn't made an iota of difference. I'd actually love to read it because it's apparently filled with 'personal anecdotes' of PPF's journey to self empowerment, which might be telling in investigating whatever pathology is cutting loose inside her head. On another site I learned that someone calling themselves 'Melbourne Criminologist' (friend of Gina's perhaps?!!!) had left a really long and really nasty critique of Switch the Bitch on Amazon. Hilarious. After predicting the book would be a best seller and gloating over her future career as the actress playing ALL the roles in the movie version, PPF has not been at ALL talkative on the subject of her book this season. Wonder why? ?

• Love 5

Can't stand Pettifluer, yet it is quite painful watching how awful her personal relationships seem eg her sister acts very angry with her; her son keeps her at arms length. Watching her try and buy her son with the piano...and watching him leave the piano store with his girlfriend. Aaaggghhh. When he left, her expression showed it hurt her. It's like watching someone hit their head against a brick wall yet wonder why they have a headache. She seems to feel the pain of not being close to her family members but she just doesn't understand WHY they are so distant (or even worse than distant in the case of her sister).

• Love 2

^^ I couldn't believe it when her son didn't want her at lunch with them. There really must be some backstory we are not seeing.

Watching her interactions with everybody and her lack of interpersonal skills, and especially her lack of warmth, gives a rather large clue.

Petti's son seems rather pleased that she has to reign in her displeasure with his girlfriend! I must admit, she ... Ummm, surprised me. Older than I thought. Less 'girly' than I expected.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Lydia continues to be stupid. The scary thing is that I think it's legit. I don't see this as a character for her. 

Lydiot is legit stupid and that´s why she´s kind of a favorite of mine. I can´t understand how her husband can stand her but at the same time I do, she is really beautiful. She´s often mean and really ignorant of everything, but I´m never sure if it´s coming from a bad place or not. A lot of her talking heads and interactions are cringe worthy for sure, but I don´t like her enough to care that she´s making a fool of herself.

• Love 1

@walnutqueen, I was just coming here to say the same thing about the portrait of Figaro.  It looked nothing like him.  The painting was well done but to me it just looked like any generic black and white dog.  Figaro isn't even black, he's more of a grey ish kind of color. 

• Love 2

I know she was on CA but is Gina really that famouse in Australia that she is a one named celebrity?

Hey, mom thanks for the $100+k piano! Come to lunch with us? What an absurd idea! Pettifleur is never going to see her grandchildren.

It appeared Chyka put more of an effort into the invite dinner than Gamble's wedding planner.

I love that Pettifleur who has multiple huge paintings of herself thinks it's ridiculous to get one of your dog.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Like 1
  • Love 4
9 hours ago, biakbiak said:

I know she was on CA but is Gina really that famouse in Australia that she is a one named celebrity?

Hey, mom thanks for the $100+k piano! Come to lunch with us? What an absurd idea! Pettifleur is never going to see her grandchildren.

It appeared Chyka put more of an effort into the invite dinner than Gamble's wedding planner.

I love that Pettifleur who has multiple huge paintings of herself thinks it's ridiculous to get one of your dog.

Oh that's so tempting....no I shouldn't.  It's too easy.  But ohhhh I want to....Self portraits of the Petty Flour and ones of dogs.  That just about writes itself. 

• Love 2

Maybe it's just that PF drives me nuts because she is completely self-centered...but I'm with Jackie about the reading.  You don't like someone, they seem to know that, and you ask them for a favor for a stupid life situation that you should resolve yourself. Uh, yeah.

How old is PF's son? She means Nathan right? Is there another son? Look around your house yourself, find it, and have him renew his own passport. The coddling of these grown children, yeesh.

I think Figaro is adorable. I love all animals really, even if they're pampered, pure bred and on Reality tv (ahem, Giggy VdP). And he clearly loves Lydia, but that painting was not a great representation. He had the wide eyes but it was "i'm unsure, uh oh" eyes not the "i love you" eyes that I've seen him give Lydia. (Only the love of a dog...). Plus, as others have said, he looked black, not grey/brown that he seems to be. Oh well.

22 hours ago, biakbiak said:

yes, Bravo indeed. Well designed in having the painter come over while PF was at Lydia's house so that they could get her comment. Hee. 

Is Janet's style different this season? What is wrong with me that I kind of like the black rocker style on her better than the weird bright gowns.

• Love 1

Damn, I missed the first half hour of the most recent episode (I got 20 chickens  yesterday and was getting them settled in) and this is the only Housewife franchise that isn't on Hulu.  I really want to see the scene with PF and her son.  Does anyone know where I can find it online? 

31 minutes ago, Talky Tina said:

Damn, I missed the first half hour of the most recent episode (I got 20 chickens  yesterday and was getting them settled in) and this is the only Housewife franchise that isn't on Hulu.  I really want to see the scene with PF and her son.  Does anyone know where I can find it online? 

I always watch it right on bravotv.com. Episodes are usually up the next morning.

• Love 1

Pettifluer's future daughter in law looks 10 years older than her son. I had a laugh when he sat down to play and was not playing well which is odd since he has had lessons since he was 5 years old according to Petti.  Seriously, that piano is a huge investment considering nobody is around to play it.  I don't blame her son for not inviting her to lunch, she did not really buy that piano for him, she did it for show.

Lydia's artist friend did a great job but that painting looked nothing like Figaro let alone looked liked an Italian Greyhound. I had a portrait done of my friends cat (the cat died and she was beside herself missing him) thru an artist I found on Etsy, I sent photos, I would have thought that is what this artist would have snapped a few pictures it's easier than trying to get a dog to sit for hours on end.

Oh joy, another housewives trip to Dubai including the camel ride, over the top hotel, a dinner in a tent in the dessert, a trip to the top of the Burj Kalifah and a shopping trip in that mall, I mean really you can't find a Prada store in Australia...I am so jaded, lol.

• Love 1

I actually think Janet might also be having her makeup done a bit better.  She still has horrible overdone surgery, but she does look better the season but it is in a small way so that I can't quite put my finger on it.  She and Chyka both are the only two who do casual well this season.  Jackie and the Lydiot both wear clothes that at one angle look flattering and then at another angle, just no.  The Lydiot is a big woman and she keeps trying, to me, to dress like a mannequin.  So at first glance, one of her all matchy, matchy solid color looks seems fine and then she moves and the all one shade head to toe makes her looks oddly huge.  And her all black just adds to that weird (once someone mentioned it I cannot stop seeing it) lumpy face/head she has going.  She really does look like she is in the start of a serious allergic reaction much of the time. 

When I watched this again and see her little into graphic of bending over to blow a kiss as she smirks, all I could think is the whole thing is a put on, the stupidity, the blithe almost bi-polar shifts from wanting to be Joann's best friend to coming up with things for her to do a second after her housekeeper tells her how busy she is.  And that Lydiot doesn't actually even exist but is a brilliant scathing performance by Alex Borstein

• Love 2
6 hours ago, Refresh said:

Maybe it's just that PF drives me nuts because she is completely self-centered...but I'm with Jackie about the reading.  You don't like someone, they seem to know that, and you ask them for a favor for a stupid life situation that you should resolve yourself. Uh, yeah.

How old is PF's son? She means Nathan right? Is there another son? Look around your house yourself, find it, and have him renew his own passport. The coddling of these grown children, yeesh.

Pettifleur is completely self-centered and oppositional. Even her tagline this season is narcissistic and aggressive. "I'm in the best shape of my life. Who begs to differ?" Has anyone disagreed that she's in great shape this season? And when her sister came to visit and chastised Pettifleur for being weird and unnatural, Pettifleur bristled and said "I'm all natural" and tried to show off her physique. I think the women and especially Jackie sense that Pettifleur has never had an authentic empathetic feeling for any of them and want nothing to do with her.

I think Pettifleur has 3 sons. Nathan is the oldest. Let's be real, Pettifleur has no intention of renewing Nathan's passport unless she gets to drag him away from his girlfriend.

• Love 3
9 hours ago, Refresh said:

Is Janet's style different this season? What is wrong with me that I kind of like the black rocker style on her better than the weird bright gowns.

In one of her THs, she's wearing an emerald (real or faux?) necklace that I'm totally coveting.  She looks good in black.

On 8/28/2016 at 1:07 PM, Refresh said:

Pettifleur is completely self-centered and oppositional. Even her tagline this season is narcissistic and aggressive. "I'm in the best shape of my life. Who begs to differ?" Has anyone disagreed that she's in great shape this season? And when her sister came to visit and chastised Pettifleur for being weird and unnatural, Pettifleur bristled and said "I'm all natural" and tried to show off her physique. I think the women and especially Jackie sense that Pettifleur has never had an authentic empathetic feeling for any of them and want nothing to do with her.

I think Pettifleur has 3 sons. Nathan is the oldest. Let's be real, Pettifleur has no intention of renewing Nathan's passport unless she gets to drag him away from his girlfriend.

I absolutely LOVED how PF's sister refused to play along with the whole grand lady act PF was putting on for the cameras!

• Love 3
21 hours ago, Jezebel97 said:

Chyka's daughter Chessie reminds of Khloe Kardashian 

Looks like to me at least she's channeling Adele.

Petty and Idiot are two nasty, vile creatures and no matter how pretty Idiot is, her inner ugliness cancels out any beauty.

• Love 1
On Monday, August 29, 2016 at 2:47 PM, QuinnM said:

Johnny Depp's dog?  Is this the dog he smuggled into Australia on his private jet and led to the now famous apology psa?

This would be the same dog. I can understand why Lydia would be impressed. The dog is another foreigner that Lydia can pretend to mother.