Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E15: Turn

A terror cell tries to infiltrate Quantico, forcing Miranda and Liam to pay a deadly price. While in the future, Alex continues to get instructions from the terrorist – only this time, it’s Claire Haas’ life that hangs in the balance.

Ah, who doesn't love a sneak attack, followed by a hostage situation, when there is no suspense because we already know the regulars will be alive?  Liam's still in the present, so he won't be getting capped by that guy.  So are both Miranda and Raina, so they aren't going to get shot either.  Thanks for playing, show.  Well, I guess I was suppose to care about Charlie, but I really don't.  But that's not is fault, because I don't even really care about the main cast anymore, so that's asking too much for a recurring guy.

So, Shelby's stupid plot finally goes somewhere, and it turns out her parents actually faked their deaths, and had been using Samar/fake half-sister to slowly get their money to them.  Is there anyone on this show that doesn't have the worst parents, ever?

Alex ends with Ryan back in the flashbacks, because she thinks they are a distraction to each other, and it is ruining the way they performance at their jobs.  Oh, Alex. You think too highly about you and Ryan's feelings for each other.  You two just simply aren't good at your jobs, and are just lucky the FBI have low enough standards that you can still come out as one of the better agents, when you are in the same group consisting of Caleb, Shelby, a whiny jock, robotic hacker who probably needs to be upgraded to Windows 10, and Iris, who seems to be more concern about how the others make her look compared to herself.  No wonder America is getting its ass handed to it on this show.

Bad guy's plan now involves Claire/Marcia Cross somehow.  Alex fails to complete her assignment, but gets an unlikely assist from Hannah, who seems to be willing to listen.  This probably means she is likely to die, right?  That would be a bit lame, since Eliza Coupe is least having fun on this show.

• Love 6

Shelby's parents are the worst. I was prepared to be annoyed at her for being too dramatic, but finding out your parents have been faking their deaths for 15 years is kind of an excuse for that. 

So, Alex is really annoying and everything, but I don't get why so many people hate her in the present. She thought there was more than one person behind the bombing in New York. Even if she's wrong, why get so mad for her thinking that? She was trying to get justice and keep more people safe. It's not like she set out to purposely make Marcia Cross upset. I can see thinking she's a bad agent, but she's not really a horrible person.

• Love 7

So, Alex is really annoying and everything, but I don't get why so many people hate her in the present. She thought there was more than one person behind the bombing in New York. Even if she's wrong, why get so mad for her thinking that? She was trying to get justice and keep more people safe. It's not like she set out to purposely make Marcia Cross upset. I can see thinking she's a bad agent, but she's not really a horrible person.

I guess it's to make her look right in the end by having everyone doubt her for no reason at all.  Otherwise, that was pretty dismissive, especially handling a terrorism case.  No way would there not be any real investigations or anything.

Did I really just see some angry young man tell a woman wearing a headscarf that she had no clue about Islam? Even the criminals are idiots.

Oh Shelby. Sucks that your parents suck that much.

What was even the point o f the whole Charlie subplot?

• Love 2

"America's Least Wanted". LOL. 

If they would know she put the bottle in the bag, it must be someone working for the Senator, or the Senator herself. Unless it's the blonde woman.

If they would know she put the bottle in the bag, it must be someone working for the Senator, or the Senator herself. Unless it's the blonde woman.

The voice said there was a tracking chip on the bottle's lid.

I like Eliza Coupe in most things (especially Happy Endings) but I think she is wasted here.  Her little quip at the end was out of place in this serious show. 

The voice said there was a tracking chip on the bottle's lid.

I like Eliza Coupe in most things (especially Happy Endings) but I think she is wasted here.  Her little quip at the end was out of place in this serious show. 

If there's a chip in the lid, then she should have just dropped the lid in the bag. Or just drop the whole bottle in, and then when it's found along with the other one, it should alert them to something being wrong. Unless there was something else about her having to leave the other bottle somewhere.

• Love 1

So when they all did the room switches did Alex get the guy whose ball she was playing with as a roomie? Is it because her name is "Alex"? They did that to a character on China Beach (a much better show) IIRC. I feel for Shelby, but I cringe at how gullible someone protecting our country is, and then I look at the rest of the class, and the teaching staff, and she's not that bad. And why isn't Alex's roommate taking up the shirtless scene slack? Blond guy can't carry the load by himself. has anyone attempted a timeline for the show? It hurts my brain.

• Love 2

I know this show is trying to keep interest with the flashbacks. But they bug the hell out of me. I wish they would have spent more time originally developing the characters instead of all this back and forth crap and then adding in new characters I do not care about. Uggh!

• Love 5

The way Alex carries out investigating things is just soo stupid. Now, we have even more people to add to the suspect list. 

Shelby and her ridiculous family drama really annoy me. I don't like how they scrapped Alex's dad story with this back from the dead parent storyline. 

Miranda and her son's situation is a sad one but I am sure this will lead to Liam getting a promotion. 

I really loved Raina in this episode. I also like the little moment between the twins. 

Pick a story line and stick to it, show.  Right now there are way too many characters with way too many problems, and it's hard to care about any of them when we keep switching away to some other story.  Have a main plot, and a subplot, and let's see the main characters develop through these plots before bringing in more story lines and more characters. We can't suspend belief in the hole-filled stories if we don't first believe in the characters.

• Love 1

I don't watch it anymore, but I so enjoy reading this forum! At least I know ppl here don't hold each other for imbeciles unlike writers of the show who clearly believe  their audience consists of stupid clueless morons.   

Edited by skotnikov
  • Love 2

Worst terror gang ever.  The only reason they got in was because the gate guards were as stupid as the students they are guarding.  If you load eight burly guys plus assorted terror gear into the back of a van, that's close to a ton of weight, which would make the van sag just a bit, maybe?  Why did they go creeping around the snow covered grounds instead of driving up to the classroom complex?

Even worse, the most undisciplined trainee,  Agent Manpain Exjock, is rewarded for going rogue during a hostage situation and saving Liam's life, however luckily.  Add to him the three idiot trainees who are out there complicating the situation.  That welcome back speech from Liam was so bad it hurt. 

Do they issue trainees real firearms when they leave the campus?  Why did Alex have one to hand over to Hannah?

The show spent several minutes at the beginning showing trainees practicing a disarm maneuver on an armed suspect.  Yet, when Miranda and Nimah are presented with that very situation, nothing happens.  And, after the guy gets shot, what is stopping either Miranda or Nimah from walking out the door to tell the cops to stand down?

The email from Natalie was faked?  Ow!  Stop dropping anvils on my feet, show.

• Love 1

I know this show is trying to keep interest with the flashbacks. But they bug the hell out of me. I wish they would have spent more time originally developing the characters instead of all this back and forth crap and then adding in new characters I do not care about. Uggh!

That's exactly why the flashbacks don't work like they do on other shows.  They haven't learned anything useful that applies to their present day situation.  All that 'training' and 'lessons' didn't really matter in the end especially with these idiots in charge.

• Love 2

Do they issue trainees real firearms when they leave the campus?  Why did Alex have one to hand over to Hannah?

Alex is a full-fledged agent and thus has a gubmint gun. 

They owe the X-Files writers a nickel, although I guess Fox was calling himself "The FBI's Least Wanted."

I think the board ate my rant about how ludicrous the "Elias acted alone" theory was, so I won't reprise that. 

As for the hatred of Alex for saying "no he diin't", here are a few theories:

1. For some reason, the rest of the world seems to think it is so obvious that Elias acted alone that to argue otherwise is in the area of Obama birtherism, 911 truthers and Holocaust deniers

2. Some people think that Alex is denying the "obvious truth" that Elias acted alone not because she genuinely believes it, but to grandstand and enjoy being in the limelight

3. Some people probably think that Alex is denying that Elias acted alone in some sort of attempt to get revenge on the Bureau for hunting her. 

• Love 1

The email from Natalie was faked?  Ow!  Stop dropping anvils on my feet, show.

I'm still convinced that Natalie is somehow involved with the terrorist side of things.  Because why else would they have focused on her saying she is better than Alex multiple times.

I don't really buy the agent lady all of a sudden being willing to believe Alex.  It was just too much of a 180.

Shelby's parents are assholes.  Why would you fake your death and do that to your kid, all while getting her to finance your afterlife lifestyle?

• Love 1

Glad I'm not the only one. It's hard to keep interest in this show when I'm not even sure the writers know where they want to go with things. I feel an obligation to at least finish the season but at this rate, I don't think I'll be tuning in for a season 2 (if it makes it that far).

• Love 2

Shelby's parents are assholes.  Why would you fake your death and do that to your kid, all while getting her to finance your afterlife lifestyle?

I'm assuming this had to have been.  Or are we supposed to believe that  her parents missed their flight and it just happened to be blown up (and even then the records would show they didn't check in).  So if they planned this, why didn't they have money stashed in a Swiss bank account beforehand.  Also, would they be suspects in the bombing so shouldn't Shelby and Caleb be telling the authorities.

I'm assuming this had to have been.  Or are we supposed to believe that  her parents missed their flight and it just happened to be blown up (and even then the records would show they didn't check in).  So if they planned this, why didn't they have money stashed in a Swiss bank account beforehand.  Also, would they be suspects in the bombing so shouldn't Shelby and Caleb be telling the authorities.

That part really makes it the worst. If you want to fake your death and run away, at least stash some money somewhere first. Don't make things worse for your kid by conning her into giving money to a sister.

Did they ever say if her parents were on a plane or were they in one of the towers when it got hit. If they were supposed to have been there but hadn't arrived, it would be easy to fake their death last minute.  But it's pretty convenient if that just happened to happen around when they felt the need to escape.

Glad I'm not the only one. It's hard to keep interest in this show when I'm not even sure the writers know where they want to go with things. I feel an obligation to at least finish the season but at this rate, I don't think I'll be tuning in for a season 2 (if it makes it that far).

There doesn't seem to be any tangible plan perse, just to drag out the terrorist plot reveal and then dumping in more characters and subplots.

The editing or continuity fairies need help. We see Shelby storming out of the FBI building after talking to Caleb (about her not dead parents) wearing only a white blouse. She is not carrying a jacket. The next time we see her, she is hiding out in the woods wearing a ski cap and matching blue parka. This is exactly the same cap and parka the other NATs seemed to have conjured up out of thin air and are wearing in the woods. All of which do not make sense if there is snow everywhere and you are trying to be inconspicuous.

I hope they do not continue with the flashbacks next season, however I do not know how the show can be called Quantico if it's not based there. Probably does not matter because I doubt I'll be watching next year either.

This is exactly the same cap and parka the other NATs seemed to have conjured up out of thin air and are wearing in the woods.

I think Big 5 had a sale going on when the Quantico staff decided to outfit their NATS.

• Love 1

Drew made me laugh in this episode with his ridiculous statements on the FBI. In his conversation with Alex at the academy, he stated "why should they be the country's moral compass" and then highlighted that the institution was founded on "corruption". Then, he attempted to rationalize the argument in his mind in the most absurd way with his anecdotal experience of Liam, highlighting that what he said is true, making huge generalizations about how "corrupt" the organisation is with his logical fallacy.