Type keyword(s) to search

The Kitchen - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Okay, because I'm on a focused responsibility-avoidance campaign today, I recorded the repeat of last Saturday and watched the relevant parts--mainly Carla, who talked about one pumpkin and then was gone.

But I also was trying to figure out how Sunny was both in NJ and also on the patio. It turns out she didn't say she was in NJ, she said that the produce in NJ, "my neck of the woods," was great.

They also do those scare pranks on her because she's so easy to scare and because she's so ill-humored about it. I think someone in production really doesn't like her.

Also, interestingly, when she got pranked with the bird/bat, she yelled at Jeff, who wasn't even there that day. If she was really out on the patio while they were inside taping, wouldn't she have known that?

I'll stop now. My name is on too many posts on this page for comfort.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
Just now, Maverick said:

She may have been yelling at GZ.  Or meant to yell at him but in the confusion yelled Jeff instead.  

I can't think of a single time I've heard her call Zakarian anything but GZ, so I'm going to say unlikely.

Just now, annzeepark914 said:

Meh! Post away...you have interesting things to say 😁

Well, obviously more interesting (to me) than what I'm supposed to be doing, but that's a low bar.  😴

• LOL 2

All right, so then why would she think that Zakarian was responsible for the prank? He seems probably the least likely of all the cast members to pull something like that.

Oh, jeez, this is the most boring whodunit ever! I really am quitting now.  🔎

• LOL 1

I think she was yelling at the filming guy. You could see him a couple of times on the side with his boom and a stick with the bird on it. I think they even did a quick on screen credit to him that I didn't see on Saturday but did catch Monday.

• Love 1
On 9/9/2021 at 1:17 PM, cameron said:

It's amazing the accolades that her daughter is receiving on Alex's instagram site.  Unbelievable.

I think they know mama bear Alex will attack  them if they don’t shower her daughter with gushing compliments and su how beautiful she is ! 
I doubt all of those posters are enthralled with any 14 year old ! 
I thinker daughter  is very bright from what  I can see from her social media, but she probably doesn’t love being on camera , she has no personality when Alex drags her out on FN.

i do think it’s sad that her daughter keeps expressing a desire to lose weight and Alex seems to keep cooking super fattening foods on an almost daily basis ! I could never lose weight in that environment!  I also wonder what Alex is thinking when she cooks like that all the time . I doubt her daughter has not expressed the desires to lose weight to her mom , and yet almost everyday there is some fatty , heavy , and delicious recipe !  Her daughter appears depressed to me and she is morbidly obese . Why would you keep cooking such things snd not trying to modify recipes to help her out if you were her mom ?

Edited by marmalade

On Instagram yesterday Alex posted a short video of her daughter saying “see ya” at the car as Alex dropped her off for her first day of high school.  Today Alex addressed the comments that must have been negative about Ava.  Sunny then chimed in about how she “will tear a troll up” and that trolls lack any family values, etc.  Alex replied to Sunny “you are the troll police.  A one woman squad.  Do not mess with Sunny”.  I am sure Alex has no idea how awful Sunny is to folks who even slightly disagree or question her on Instagram.  Once upon a time I enjoyed Sunny but now I think she is brutal and ugly and very self-righteous.  As a result, I don’t like watching Sunny at all because I think inside that obnoxious loud extrovert is a mean, insecure person.

Edited by MerBearHou
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, MerBearHou said:

On Instagram yesterday Alex posted a short video of her daughter saying “see ya” at the car as Alex dropped her off for her first day of high school.  Today Alex addressed the comments that must have been negative about Ava.  Sunny then chimed in about how she “will tear a troll up” and that trolls lack any family values, etc.  Alex replied to Sunny “you are the troll police.  A one woman squad.  Do not mess with Sunny”.  I am sure Alex has no idea how awful Sunny is to folks who even slightly disagree or question her on Instagram.  Once upon a time I enjoyed Sunny but now I think she is brutal and ugly and very self-righteous.  As a result, I don’t like watching Sunny at all because I think inside that obnoxious loud extrovert is a mean, insecure person.

I can’t imagine that Alex doesn’t see Sunny attacking posters. She also sees her obnoxious personality on the Kitchen.

Alex seems to have a higher tolerance for obnoxious people.  She also seems to find Jeff hilarious when everyone else is rolling their eyes or ignoring his behavior.

Today someone on IG asked Alex’s daughter what her biggest regret is and she said “overeating “.   It’s sad that a kid who appears to be nice, talented and very intelligent has a weight struggle which can cause serious health issues at such a young age   Plus it obviously bothers her .

Alex seems to adore her daughter and they seem to  have  a great relationship.  I just don’t get why she would make such unhealthy , fatty foods all the time when her daughter is obviously unhappy with her weight and seems to have trouble controlling her eating . Honestly, I would be  obese if I had Alex’s food around all the time ! I have ordered her food from QVC and it’s delicious,  but it is very rich and high calorie! It’s special occasion food in our home! I  It’s great she doesn’t pick on her daughter for her weight , but her daughter might also need her mom to modify the foods they eat and help her . I doubt she’d just act like smoking was ok if her daughter did that , overeating can be just as dangerous.

Edited by orangekit
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, orangekit said:

I can’t imagine that Alex doesn’t see Sunny attacking posters. She also sees her obnoxious personality on the Kitchen.

Alex seems to have a higher tolerance for obnoxious people.  She also seems to find Jeff hilarious when everyone else is rolling their eyes or ignoring his behavior.

Today someone on IG asked Alex’s daughter what her biggest regret is and she said “overeating “.   It’s sad that a kid who appears to be nice, talented and very intelligent has a weight struggle which can cause serious health issues at such a young age   Plus it obviously bothers her .

Alex seems to adore her daughter and they seem to  have  a great relationship.  I just don’t get why she would make such unhealthy , fatty foods all the time when her daughter is obviously unhappy with her weight and seems to have trouble controlling her eating . Honestly, I would be  obese if I had Alex’s food around all the time ! I have ordered her food from QVC and it’s delicious,  but it is very rich and high calorie! It’s special occasion food in our home! I  It’s great she doesn’t pick on her daughter for her weight , but her daughter might also need her mom to modify the foods they eat and help her . I doubt she’d just act like smoking was ok if her daughter did that , overeating can be just as dangerous.

I agree with you.....to an extent.  Most of the food made on this show or on any cooking show is very fattening and unhealthy, not just Alex's.  There seems to be a big disconnect between the cooking show world and what is considered healthy by the diet world.  Sadly, we learned from "Food Network Star" that the healthy cooking show concept does not sell so that's why there are so few shows on FN or anywhere featuring that angle. 

I think most TV chefs must have difficulty eating healthy because of what they do for a living.  That doesn't excuse Alex for not doing something drastic to help her daughter avoid overindulgence.  Although we don't really know the causes of her daughter's weight issue.  She may just need to slack off a little bit and get more exercise.  Or she may be like my husband who never overate or overindulged in fattening foods but had a weight problem anyway.  Whatever the cause, she lives in a city where there is a lot of help for someone with her problem.  The best hospitals, the best doctors.  So there is absolutely NO excuse for Alex not seeking the help of experts.  If her daughter is obviously upset about it, she is being irresponsible not doing it.  But then look at Alex - she has a weight problem herself, she's just hiding it all below the waist.  Her daughter's weight problem is more easy to see because it's mostly above the waist.

There seems to be a big disconnect between the cooking show world and what is considered healthy by the diet world.

I’ll suggest there is a lot of room between what most of these people cook and what’s considered a weight-loss diet. When Julia Child said everything in moderation, she meant you didn’t have to pile on a pound of cheese to make something taste good, Alex, Jeff, Sunny, and most guest cooks. GZ and Katie use a bit more restraint—or at least don’t grin manically when loading on and on. Every. Time.

1 hour ago, buttersister said:

I’ll suggest there is a lot of room between what most of these people cook and what’s considered a weight-loss diet. When Julia Child said everything in moderation, she meant you didn’t have to pile on a pound of cheese to make something taste good, Alex, Jeff, Sunny, and most guest cooks. GZ and Katie use a bit more restraint—or at least don’t grin manically when loading on and on. Every. Time.

I agree, and it’s one thing to cook like that for FN shows where they are so our of touch with reality and think that no one would watch a show with healthy recipes , but Alex seems to cook very high calorie , fatty, unhealthy recipes all the time at home .  Her daughter also seems to have learned to cook that way too. It’s like they are in an alternate universe where they don’t know that tons of saturated fat, fried foods is not good , and fresh fruits and veggies are almost non existent.

It is no way ok for anyone to be bashed no later their age because they are overweight or obese ,  but the health issues are a concern and for a child to already be at such an unhealthy weight is sad .  It’s very sad that Alex’s daughter repeatedly says she’s “working on losing weight “. She probably has no clue on how to do that ! I know I didn’t when I had to lose weight , but at least I didn’t have my parent cooking such unhealthy food all the time .

11 hours ago, orangekit said:

All you have to do is see a full length picture of Alex and then would probably understand.  She is bordering on obese.  Notice they always shoot her from the waist up or behind a counter.  Her daughter has the same body shape.

20 hours ago, marmalade said:

I think they know mama bear Alex will attack  them if they don’t shower her daughter with gushing compliments and su how beautiful she is ! 
I doubt all of those posters are enthralled with any 14 year old ! 
I thinker daughter  is very bright from what  I can see from her social media, but she probably doesn’t love being on camera , she has no personality when Alex drags her out on FN.

i do think it’s sad that her daughter keeps expressing a desire to lose weight and Alex seems to keep cooking super fattening foods on an almost daily basis ! I could never lose weight in that environment!  I also wonder what Alex is thinking when she cooks like that all the time . I doubt her daughter has not expressed the desires to lose weight to her mom , and yet almost everyday there is some fatty , heavy , and delicious recipe !  Her daughter appears depressed to me and she is morbidly obese . Why would you keep cooking such things snd not trying to modify recipes to help her out if you were her mom ?

Ever notice when Ava was on the show and Alex did her cooking segment and they tasted it afterward.  Ava forked in with a vengeance.

20 hours ago, MerBearHou said:

On Instagram yesterday Alex posted a short video of her daughter saying “see ya” at the car as Alex dropped her off for her first day of high school.

I saw that and thought it was sad. She was walking in to the school and there was a group of girls off to the side talking with each other, before going in to class.  Ava looked lonely, like she didn't have any friends. There was Alex in the car commenting on her baby Ava. As if she was sending her off to kindergarten. She is too much. 

There is an IG live video on the set of the kitchen .  Jeff is doing some  exaggerated breathing like he’s trying to be funny while waiting to tape .  The funny thing was how Katie and GZ were both totally ignoring his goofy show !  I really wonder what they run about him and Sunny .  Both used to be tolerable but are now unbearable!  Alex seems to find Jeff hilarious and laughs at his stupid antics .

• Love 1
9 hours ago, cameron said:

All you have to do is see a full length picture of Alex and then would probably understand.  She is bordering on obese.  Notice they always shoot her from the waist up or behind a counter.  Her daughter has the same body shape.

Actually her daughter is the opposite shape from her mother.  Her mother hides her weight in her caboose while her daughter wears it above the waist where it's harder to hide under a counter.

On 9/15/2021 at 9:06 AM, Yeah No said:

I agree with you.....to an extent.  Most of the food made on this show or on any cooking show is very fattening and unhealthy, not just Alex's.  There seems to be a big disconnect between the cooking show world and what is considered healthy by the diet world.  Sadly, we learned from "Food Network Star" that the healthy cooking show concept does not sell so that's why there are so few shows on FN or anywhere featuring that angle. 

I think most TV chefs must have difficulty eating healthy because of what they do for a living.  That doesn't excuse Alex for not doing something drastic to help her daughter avoid overindulgence.  Although we don't really know the causes of her daughter's weight issue.  She may just need to slack off a little bit and get more exercise.  Or she may be like my husband who never overate or overindulged in fattening foods but had a weight problem anyway.  Whatever the cause, she lives in a city where there is a lot of help for someone with her problem.  The best hospitals, the best doctors.  So there is absolutely NO excuse for Alex not seeking the help of experts.  If her daughter is obviously upset about it, she is being irresponsible not doing it.  But then look at Alex - she has a weight problem herself, she's just hiding it all below the waist.  Her daughter's weight problem is more easy to see because it's mostly above the waist.

If you look at Alex's videos of Ava on Instagram, it's very obvious that her weight problem encompasses her whole body.  She should be  old enough to be able to control her eating habits or since she is such a great inspiring cook to cook herself something healthy.

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, cameron said:

If you look at Alex's videos of Ava on Instagram, it's very obvious that her weight problem encompasses her whole body.  She should be  old enough to be able to control her eating habits or since she is such a great inspiring cook to cook herself something healthy.

My husband thought that too but was unable to lose weight unless he starved himself even at a young age (and I know him since he was 20).  He could have benefitted from the wisdom of doctors and nutritionists.  The diet wisdom now is far more advanced than back then.  A lot of adults can't even handle it on their own much less can a person Ava's age.  She may also have metabolic and medical issues at work too which can make it much more difficult and complicated.  It is often not just a problem of "self control".  In fact most doctors now admit that. 

Every person is different and their situation should be evaluated on an individual basis.  When I was Ava's age I could eat anything I wanted and weighed 98 lbs. soaking wet at 5'2".  But I was well aware that this was not the case for many people.  It amazes me that skinny people can think they're eating healthy but in my opinion are not - they think that just because they're skinny they are doing everything right.  Meanwhile someone can be doing everything right and still have a weight problem.  Since menopause I am one of them and it runs in my family on my mother's mother's side.  So that's why I recommend that Alex seek professional help for her daughter.  I don't think it should be up to Ava at her age to manage that.

• Love 2
10 hours ago, cameron said:

If that was the case,  the weight lose industry would not be worth billions of dollars and adults way older than Ava would not be getting gastric bypass to get to a healthy weight !

When you are surrounded by fatty, high calorie food , you may not know what is a healthy or good food or portion .  And even if you know, there is way more than just habits that control eating and weight . So much is emotional for many people, and that is difficult to control . 

I sympathize with Ava when she brings up overeating or wanting to lose weight . For years I either starved or overate. It wasn’t until found a program that encompassed a plan that was livable for me , so I could incorporate foods I like, along with also addressing emotional and mindless eating, I could never lose weight !

I also was raised in an Italian family where food was involved in almost everything. In many cultures like Italian culture many people were poor and food was a way to show someone you cared .  Alex is Italian and her parents are from Italy , she may have been raised as I was raised  with regard to food .

I do think now Alex should know this is not healthy since she is the adult and create a more healthy environment with “moderation”  as the key instead of making it more difficult for a child by cooking so unhealthy all the time.

On 9/15/2021 at 5:01 PM, bichonblitz said:

I saw that and thought it was sad. She was walking in to the school and there was a group of girls off to the side talking with each other, before going in to class.  Ava looked lonely, like she didn't have any friends. There was Alex in the car commenting on her baby Ava. As if she was sending her off to kindergarten. She is too much. 

I also cringe at how Alex treats her daughter like a baby ! I think it’s natural to feel that way, but it’s just too much and not helpful .

Edited by orangekit
  • Love 2
18 hours ago, orangekit said:

I sympathize with Ava when she brings up overeating or wanting to lose weight . For years I either starved or overate. It wasn’t until found a program that encompassed a plan that was livable for me , so I could incorporate foods I like, along with also addressing emotional and mindless eating, I could never lose weight !

I also was raised in an Italian family where food was involved in almost everything. In many cultures like Italian culture many people were poor and food was a way to show someone you cared .  Alex is Italian and her parents are from Italy , she may have been raised as I was raised  with regard to food .

I was raised in an Italian family too where food equaled love but we did not have the constant barrage of fattening foods that a lot of families had.  My grandmother and mother were very "old world" about their food and for us it was more like the Mediterranean diet than it was like constant heavy cheese, pasta and meat laden dishes.  My grandma lived in my apartment building when I was a kid and I went to her house after school when my mom went back to work.  She mostly ate fish, beans and greens (minestra) and vegetables.  She was always roasting peppers on the stove.  She didn't eat fast foods or have junk foods in the house at all.  She didn't have a car in NYC and had to walk everywhere.  And yet she still got fat!

The more I live the more I believe that some people just get dealt a bad hand and now I am of an age where some of my medical issues I see are directly inherited from one parent or another.  My weight issue is one of them.  I don't doubt that Ava and her mother might suffer from an inherited issue as well.  I have to wonder if people think that skinny chefs are all eating right and somehow don't give in to eating their fattening foods - that's just not true.  It's IMO a myth that people without weight problems are all doing the right thing and the rest of us are just gluttons.  If anyone remembers Christina Tosi who was once a judge on MasterChef, she once admitted to eating a diet made up mostly of her cake and other baked indulgences.  And she was as skinny as a rail.  Last I knew she was trying to change that although I didn't follow her long enough to know how that went.  Even Julia Child was known to have a very healthy appetite and people often commented on how she packed away the fattening foods laden with butter and cheese - she herself admitted it.  OK she was 6' tall but I know 6' tall people that would get fat eating like that especially at her age, which was post 50 once she went on TV.

BTW, what diet plan did you find that works for you?  PM me.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Door County Cherry said:

Please move on from the off topic posts, please, and focus on what is talked about on the actual show and the hosts who currently appear on the show. 

Thank you!

• Love 2

Today on The Kitchen, Geoffrey makes himself more ridiculous than usual. Was it the dad shirt? No. The too-long-in-the-tanning bed? Nah, but ugh. How about holding up a tiny nutmeg ad asking his fellow food experts👨‍🍳👩🏻‍🍳if they knew what it was! Or making large gnudi while saying he usually makes them smaller. Wha?

Alex suggesting adding chocolate chips to a snack mix instead of Katie’s dried fruit (not wrong, but so on brand-)

Jeff working in that he went to culinary school.

And everyone’s dear friend Bobby Flay on Zoom, hocking his new book, new season and taking a spelling test. I couldn’t make this shit up.

• LOL 2

I watched almost the whole show (once Sunny started adding toppings to the blender, I turned it off). Yeah--big surprise to me that Jeff went to culinary school. Does anyone here add that gelatin to savory dishes?  KL's after school snack? Blech. I was so looking forward to Alex's salad, esp the vinaigrette. Big disappointment, and from a chef. Although I do agree with her about the much maligned iceberg lettuce as I love the cold crunch it can add to a salad when mixed in with other greens. I think GZ made the gnudi larger just to save time on camera as he brought a sheet pan of smaller ones out of the fridge & cooked them. I've never had gnudi but plan to make them soon. Bobby's spelling test was probably an attempt to disguise what was a *major plug* for his new cookbook. 

11 hours ago, buttersister said:

Today on The Kitchen, Geoffrey makes himself more ridiculous than usual. Was it the dad shirt? No.

That shirt was so retro.  It was straight out of the 1960s.

8 hours ago, annzeepark914 said:

I was so looking forward to Alex's salad, esp the vinaigrette. Big disappointment, and from a chef. Although I do agree with her about the much maligned iceberg lettuce as I love the cold crunch it can add to a salad when mixed in with other greens. 

Actually that salad was very down home Italian American, like something I ate as a kid at grandma's house.  So I actually appreciated it on that basis even though it was a little reminiscent of the Olive Garden.  But it does seem like they're scraping the barrel for ideas on this show lately.  I thought when they came back after the break things would get more interesting but no.

BTW, this isn't the first show this week I saw a product placement thing going on for Command Strips.  They were also featured on the most recent episode of "My Big Fat Fabulous Life".

• Love 1
31 minutes ago, Yeah No said:

Actually that salad was very down home Italian American, like something I ate as a kid at grandma's house.  So I actually appreciated it on that basis even though it was a little reminiscent of the Olive Garden.  But it does seem like they're scraping the barrel for ideas on this show lately.  I thought when they came back after the break things would get more interesting but no.

BTW, this isn't the first show this week I saw a product placement thing going on for Command Strips.  They were also featured on the most recent episode of "My Big Fat Fabulous Life".

Yep  they were product placed on MBFFL too. Guess FN has a new advertiser. Isn't TLC part of the same family???

35 minutes ago, Yeah No said:

I thoiught the salad was OK, probably one of the best things on the show...sadly. I think this show has run its course, time to move on...

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, Gramto6 said:

Yep  they were product placed on MBFFL too. Guess FN has a new advertiser. Isn't TLC part of the same family???

Yes I think it is.  I can just see it now, another plug for Command Strips on the upcoming season of "Sister Wives", LOL. 😏

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, Yeah No said:

Yes I think it is.  I can just see it now, another plug for Command Strips on the upcoming season of "Sister Wives", LOL. 😏

LOL I expect as much!

Hey girl you are a night owl too! It's only 10:34PM here but you are much later than I am! I'll be up a few more hours here... :)

Edited by Gramto6
  • LOL 1
Just now, Gramto6 said:

LOL I expect as much!

Hey girl you are a night owl too! I;ts only 10L:34PM here but you are much later than I am! I'll be up a few more hours here... :)

I already slept an hour on the couch.  Time to go to bed!

• Love 1

At this point I dont care if the show goes away or not. I won't be heartbroken like when The Chew went off air. 

This show is  boring. The food, the hosts . 

Now if Food network decided to recast with Carla Hall , Michael Symon and Clinton Kelly , I'd be thrilled.

Edited by Cozytea
  • Love 7
53 minutes ago, Cozytea said:

At this point I dont care if the show goes away or not. I won't be heartbroken like when The Chew went off air. 

This show is  boring. The food, the hosts . 

Now if Food network decided to recast with Carla Hall , Michael Symon and Clinton Kelly , I'd be thrilled.

It's really only gone downhill since they came back to the studio.  Somehow the energy has changed.  Jeff used to have Sunny to balance out his OTT loud extroversion but with her outside he's like a bull in a china shop.  Plus I am sure he is not thrilled that he couldn't do some outdoor grilling this summer.   His recipes probably suffered for it.

But I agree, they need some new blood but I guess with the ratings so high compared with other FN shows TPTB see little reason to change anything, unfortunately.  But if things continue like this it may show in the ratings and then something might change. 

• Love 1

If only the hate watchers (like me) stopped.🤣🤣

Based on my favorite shows, I’d like a kitchen filled with Ina, Molly and Kardea. Very different styles, but so far, not boring. As long as I remember hot dishes represent a food culture👩🏻‍🍳😂

But factoring in product placement, long-term contracts and cheap production, this $how isn’t bothering TPTB. When are those contracts up?🤨

3 hours ago, Maverick said:

Oh please no not Molly.  She thinks she's just too precious for words.   

I noticed yesterday the audience reactions we all thought for years were canned but actually a live audience were missing.  

Haha, my husband once asked why she was fake smiling like that(Molly)? I just laughed and said they all do it, her smile is just super intense and she's young, so she looks like a bit of a nut . He just looked at me like I was the nutter and walked out of the room....and I laughed 🤪.

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Cozytea said:

Haha, my husband once asked why she was fake smiling like that(Molly)? I just laughed and said they all do it, her smile is just super intense and she's young, so she looks like a bit of a nut . He just looked at me like I was the nutter and walked out of the room....and I laughed 🤪.

Is her smile more intense than Giada's? I'm not sure that's even possible.

• LOL 4
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, Cozytea said:

You all aren't wrong. Giada's  creepy smile is the OG lol.  I actually don't mind Molly . Her food is pretty interesting,  but she is too precious for words 😁.

I cannot watch Giada at all.  I did watch the recent Ice Cream Wars (I forget the name) that Molly hosted.  It was actually entertaining (to me) -- on the campus of Ben & Jerry's with the resident B&J Taste Taster as a judge.  Ben and Jerry came on the last show and Jerry was a judge.

Molly clearly had been told ahead of time to tone down her mega-perky personality because she was just right -- she was sharp, warm, smiled a lot but not manic, personable and encouraging without being a cutesy made-for-TV cheerleader.  I change the channel with those kinds of personalities and Molly did a great job of host without being over-the-top.  

Back to the Kitchen... I actually like three of the four hosts (leaving out Sunny) but wouldn't have a problem with the FN bringing in new hosts.  There are several good ones to choose from.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, MerBearHou said:

Molly clearly had been told ahead of time to tone down her mega-perky personality because she was just right -- she was sharp, warm, smiled a lot but not manic, personable and encouraging without being a cutesy made-for-TV cheerleader. 

I can't tell if she was told to dial it back or if she's been told to dial it up in her kitchen. 

They reran Saturday's episode this morning as I was passing by. Jeff was rattling on and  I couldn't get to the  remote fast enough. Trying to decide if it's time to just follow the show via this thread😂

4 minutes ago, buttersister said:

They reran Saturday's episode this morning as I was passing by. Jeff was rattling on and  I couldn't get to the  remote fast enough. Trying to decide if it's time to just follow the show via this thread

Yup. It's a mess (northern version of that word). Aside from the constant jabber (which they must think sounds witty), the foods prepared are getting worse & more ordinary. Katie's snack, IMO, was the proverbial bottom of the barrel. 

• Love 2

That was multi-colored Goldfish or some such, with spices? Oh and you could add nuts, if there are no allergies! It's a remedial cooking show. Sorry, an annoying remedial cooking show (everyone starts somewhere). For awhile, I thought I could find enough comic value in it--but the dumb jabber isn't even funny.

• Love 1